|By Marketwired .||
|January 5, 2011 07:00 AM EST||
CALABASAS, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/05/11 -- Ixia (NASDAQ: XXIA), a leading, global provider of converged IP network test solutions, announced a successful demonstration of DCB conformance and performance tests in conjunction with IT Brand Pulse and Brocade. These tests highlighted a series of benchmarks and provide an available measurement system for vendors to gauge equipment and network conformance to emerging standards.
IT Brand Pulse (ITBP) worked with Ixia to develop a suite of three converged network tests:
- Converged traffic latency with Priority-based Flow Control (PFC)
- Bandwidth optimization with Enhanced Transmission Selection (ETS)
- End-to-end connectivity with storage I/O performance
These three tests are mandatory for any converged network switch carrying both LAN and SAN traffic. Ixia's data center test solution is uniquely capable of performing all three tests in a single integrated system. Ixia tested the Brocade 8000 Switch using a combination of high-density Ethernet and native Fibre Channel load modules, DCB and FCoE protocols, real storage target/initiator emulation, and wire-rate traffic generation. The tests verified the switch's ability to:
- effectively prioritize high-priority storage traffic over LAN data traffic under congestion,
- conform with current DCB standards for PFC, ETS, and storage I/O performance, and
- handle increased traffic loads under heavy stress.
Ixia's Fibre Channel and NGY 10GE load modules provide the industry's most flexible, cost-effective, and energy-efficient solution for fully testing high-density converged network switches at scale. Ixia's IxNetwork and IxSAN test applications work with Ixia's test platform to exchange control, data, and storage traffic with the device under test.
Before replacing existing data center infrastructure to converge LAN and SAN traffic on a single network architecture, data center operators need assurance that new infrastructure equipment can maintain requisite levels of performance, scalability, and reliability. This DCB test allows equipment manufacturers to demonstrate that their products meet performance and conformance requirements, and ensures that their customers can make data center purchases with confidence.
- IT Brand Pulse estimates that the market for converged IP test equipment grew to over $570 million in 2010.
- The Brocade 8000 Switch is a top-of-rack link layer (Layer 2) DCB/FCoE switch with 24x 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) ports for LAN connections and eight Fibre Channel ports (with up to 8 Gbps speed) for Fibre Channel SAN connections. This high-performance switch provides advanced Fibre Channel services, supports Ethernet and DCB capabilities to operate as a Fibre Channel forwarding device (FCF), and is managed by Brocade Network Advisor.
- Ixia's NGY 10 GE load module with native Fibre Channel provides high-density converged end-to-end data center infrastructure testing of Fibre Channel and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE). Ixia's 4-port and 8-port load modules are part of its overall converged data center solution, delivering complete FC-1 and Fiber Channel Protocol (FCP) data plane capabilities and performance as well as providing the industry's highest density Fibre Channel test solution.
- "Data center evolution is about convergence of technology. The standards for how to measure convergence are still in a state of flux, and vendors need specific guidelines that allow them to measure the effectiveness of their equipment," said Frank Berry at IT Brand Pulse. "This set of tests, using Ixia's solutions, initiates a benchmark that vendors can use to validate their DCB products and services."
- "Our customers are looking for ways to further extend the benefits that server virtualization technology delivers in creating a more dynamic data center. One strategic option for achieving this is to deploy rack-based I/O consolidation using FCoE and DCB standards-based solutions, which also help reduce operating costs," said Doug Ingraham, vice president of Product Management, Data Center Products at Brocade. "The Brocade 8000 top-of-rack FCoE/DCB switch has been proven to provide systematic interoperability and industry-leading performance, and we are pleased that the latest IT Brand Pulse testing further validates that leadership."
- "Next-generation data centers will carry various technologies over a converged 10GE link. Data center operators expect switches to have high density, high throughput, ultra-low latency/jitter, and be able to bridge the FCoE network to the native Fibre Channel infrastructure," said Atul Bhatnagar, president and CEO of Ixia. "Ixia provides vendors with thorough, high-density converged network switch testing, and validates a product's conformance and performance before it's released to the market."
- For the test report and more information about IT Brand Pulse, see this link.
- For more information on Brocade Fibre Channel top-of-rack switches, see their product page.
- For more information on Ixia's FC load module, see their product page and data center solution page.
Ixia is a leading provider of converged IP performance test systems and service verification platforms for wireless and wired infrastructures and services. Ixia's test systems are used by network and telephony equipment manufacturers, semiconductor manufacturers, service providers, governments and enterprises to validate the performance and reliability of complex networks, devices and applications. Ixia's multiplay test systems address the growing need to test voice, video and data services and network capability under real-world conditions.
About IT Brand Pulse
IT Brand Pulse is a trusted source of data and analysis about data center infrastructure, including servers, storage and networking. Products and services from IT Brand Pulse include hands-on testing, end-user research, product databases, market forecasting and industry analysis.
Ixia and the Ixia four-petal logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Ixia. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 3, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,290
The increasing popularity of the Internet of Things necessitates that our physical and cognitive relationship with wearable technology will change rapidly in the near future. This advent means logging has become a thing of the past. Before, it was on us to track our own data, but now that data is automatically available. What does this mean for mHealth and the "connected" body? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Lisa Calkins, CEO and co-founder of Amadeus Consulting, will discuss the impact of wea...
May. 3, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,007
If there is anything we have learned by now, is that every business paves their own unique path for releasing software- every pipeline, implementation and practices are a bit different, and DevOps comes in all shapes and sizes. Software delivery practices are often comprised of set of several complementing (or even competing) methodologies – such as leveraging Agile, DevOps and even a mix of ITIL, to create the combination that’s most suitable for your organization and that maximize your busines...
May. 3, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,907
There is an ever-growing explosion of new devices that are connected to the Internet using “cloud” solutions. This rapid growth is creating a massive new demand for efficient access to data. And it’s not just about connecting to that data anymore. This new demand is bringing new issues and challenges and it is important for companies to scale for the coming growth. And with that scaling comes the need for greater security, gathering and data analysis, storage, connectivity and, of course, the...
May. 3, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,076
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, will discuss how leveraging the Industrial Interne...
May. 3, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,187
Up until last year, enterprises that were looking into cloud services usually undertook a long-term pilot with one of the large cloud providers, running test and dev workloads in the cloud. With cloud’s transition to mainstream adoption in 2015, and with enterprises migrating more and more workloads into the cloud and in between public and private environments, the single-provider approach must be revisited. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yoav Mor, multi-cloud solution evangelist at Cloudy...
May. 3, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,642
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 3, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,253
In the world of DevOps there are ‘known good practices’ – aka ‘patterns’ – and ‘known bad practices’ – aka ‘anti-patterns.' Many of these patterns and anti-patterns have been developed from real world experience, especially by the early adopters of DevOps theory; but many are more feasible in theory than in practice, especially for more recent entrants to the DevOps scene. In this power panel at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, moderated by DevOps Conference Chair Andi Mann, panelists will dis...
May. 3, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 909
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, will explain how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
May. 3, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,124
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 3, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 699
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., will focus on real world deployments of DDoS mitigation strategies in every layer of the network. He will give an overview of methods to prevent these attacks and best practices on how to provide protection in complex cloud platforms. He will also outline what we have found in our experience managing and running thousands of Linux and Unix managed service platforms and what specifically c...
May. 3, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,241
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
May. 3, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 253
Peak 10, Inc., has announced the implementation of IT service management, a business process alignment initiative based on the widely adopted Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework. The implementation of IT service management enhances Peak 10’s current service-minded approach to IT delivery by propelling the company to deliver higher levels of personalized and prompt service. The majority of Peak 10’s operations employees have been trained and certified in the ITIL frame...
May. 3, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,094
Many private cloud projects were built to deliver self-service access to development and test resources. While those clouds delivered faster access to resources, they lacked visibility, control and security needed for production deployments. In their session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steve Anderson, Product Manager at BMC Software, and Rick Lefort, Principal Technical Marketing Consultant at BMC Software, will discuss how a cloud designed for production operations not only helps accelerate developer...
May. 3, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,210
SYS-CON Events announced today the Docker Meets Kubernetes – Intro into the Kubernetes World, being held June 9, 2016, in conjunction with 18th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Register for 'Docker Meets Kubernetes Workshop' Here! This workshop led by Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, introduces participants to Kubernetes (container orchestration). Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, participants learn ...
May. 3, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 198