|By Marketwired .||
|January 5, 2011 07:00 AM EST||
CALABASAS, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/05/11 -- Ixia (NASDAQ: XXIA), a leading, global provider of converged IP network test solutions, announced a successful demonstration of DCB conformance and performance tests in conjunction with IT Brand Pulse and Brocade. These tests highlighted a series of benchmarks and provide an available measurement system for vendors to gauge equipment and network conformance to emerging standards.
IT Brand Pulse (ITBP) worked with Ixia to develop a suite of three converged network tests:
- Converged traffic latency with Priority-based Flow Control (PFC)
- Bandwidth optimization with Enhanced Transmission Selection (ETS)
- End-to-end connectivity with storage I/O performance
These three tests are mandatory for any converged network switch carrying both LAN and SAN traffic. Ixia's data center test solution is uniquely capable of performing all three tests in a single integrated system. Ixia tested the Brocade 8000 Switch using a combination of high-density Ethernet and native Fibre Channel load modules, DCB and FCoE protocols, real storage target/initiator emulation, and wire-rate traffic generation. The tests verified the switch's ability to:
- effectively prioritize high-priority storage traffic over LAN data traffic under congestion,
- conform with current DCB standards for PFC, ETS, and storage I/O performance, and
- handle increased traffic loads under heavy stress.
Ixia's Fibre Channel and NGY 10GE load modules provide the industry's most flexible, cost-effective, and energy-efficient solution for fully testing high-density converged network switches at scale. Ixia's IxNetwork and IxSAN test applications work with Ixia's test platform to exchange control, data, and storage traffic with the device under test.
Before replacing existing data center infrastructure to converge LAN and SAN traffic on a single network architecture, data center operators need assurance that new infrastructure equipment can maintain requisite levels of performance, scalability, and reliability. This DCB test allows equipment manufacturers to demonstrate that their products meet performance and conformance requirements, and ensures that their customers can make data center purchases with confidence.
- IT Brand Pulse estimates that the market for converged IP test equipment grew to over $570 million in 2010.
- The Brocade 8000 Switch is a top-of-rack link layer (Layer 2) DCB/FCoE switch with 24x 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) ports for LAN connections and eight Fibre Channel ports (with up to 8 Gbps speed) for Fibre Channel SAN connections. This high-performance switch provides advanced Fibre Channel services, supports Ethernet and DCB capabilities to operate as a Fibre Channel forwarding device (FCF), and is managed by Brocade Network Advisor.
- Ixia's NGY 10 GE load module with native Fibre Channel provides high-density converged end-to-end data center infrastructure testing of Fibre Channel and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE). Ixia's 4-port and 8-port load modules are part of its overall converged data center solution, delivering complete FC-1 and Fiber Channel Protocol (FCP) data plane capabilities and performance as well as providing the industry's highest density Fibre Channel test solution.
- "Data center evolution is about convergence of technology. The standards for how to measure convergence are still in a state of flux, and vendors need specific guidelines that allow them to measure the effectiveness of their equipment," said Frank Berry at IT Brand Pulse. "This set of tests, using Ixia's solutions, initiates a benchmark that vendors can use to validate their DCB products and services."
- "Our customers are looking for ways to further extend the benefits that server virtualization technology delivers in creating a more dynamic data center. One strategic option for achieving this is to deploy rack-based I/O consolidation using FCoE and DCB standards-based solutions, which also help reduce operating costs," said Doug Ingraham, vice president of Product Management, Data Center Products at Brocade. "The Brocade 8000 top-of-rack FCoE/DCB switch has been proven to provide systematic interoperability and industry-leading performance, and we are pleased that the latest IT Brand Pulse testing further validates that leadership."
- "Next-generation data centers will carry various technologies over a converged 10GE link. Data center operators expect switches to have high density, high throughput, ultra-low latency/jitter, and be able to bridge the FCoE network to the native Fibre Channel infrastructure," said Atul Bhatnagar, president and CEO of Ixia. "Ixia provides vendors with thorough, high-density converged network switch testing, and validates a product's conformance and performance before it's released to the market."
- For the test report and more information about IT Brand Pulse, see this link.
- For more information on Brocade Fibre Channel top-of-rack switches, see their product page.
- For more information on Ixia's FC load module, see their product page and data center solution page.
Ixia is a leading provider of converged IP performance test systems and service verification platforms for wireless and wired infrastructures and services. Ixia's test systems are used by network and telephony equipment manufacturers, semiconductor manufacturers, service providers, governments and enterprises to validate the performance and reliability of complex networks, devices and applications. Ixia's multiplay test systems address the growing need to test voice, video and data services and network capability under real-world conditions.
About IT Brand Pulse
IT Brand Pulse is a trusted source of data and analysis about data center infrastructure, including servers, storage and networking. Products and services from IT Brand Pulse include hands-on testing, end-user research, product databases, market forecasting and industry analysis.
Ixia and the Ixia four-petal logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Ixia. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Sensors and effectors of IoT are solving problems in new ways, but small businesses have been slow to join the quantified world. They’ll need information from IoT using applications as varied as the businesses themselves. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Meike, Distinguished Engineer, Director of Technology Innovation at Intuit, showed how IoT manufacturers can use open standards, public APIs and custom apps to enable the Quantified Small Business. He used a Raspberry Pi to connect sensors...
Feb. 13, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 365
The principles behind DevOps are not new - for decades people have been automating system administration and decreasing the time to deploy apps and perform other management tasks. However, only recently did we see the tools and the will necessary to share the benefits and power of automation with a wider circle of people. In his session at DevOps Summit, Bernard Sanders, Chief Technology Officer at CloudBolt Software, explored the latest tools including Puppet, Chef, Docker, and CMPs needed to...
Feb. 13, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 367
Let’s face it, embracing new storage technologies, capabilities and upgrading to new hardware often adds complexity and increases costs. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Seth Oxenhorn, Vice President of Business Development & Alliances at FalconStor, will discuss how a truly heterogeneous software-defined storage approach can add value to legacy platforms and heterogeneous environments. The result reduces complexity, significantly lowers cost, and provides IT organizations with improved effi...
Feb. 13, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 272
It's easy to assume that your app will run on a fast and reliable network. The reality for your app's users, though, is often a slow, unreliable network with spotty coverage. What happens when the network doesn't work, or when the device is in airplane mode? You get unhappy, frustrated users. An offline-first app is an app that works, without error, when there is no network connection.
Feb. 12, 2016 10:00 PM EST Reads: 245
Data-as-a-Service is the complete package for the transformation of raw data into meaningful data assets and the delivery of those data assets. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lakshmi Randall, an industry expert, analyst and strategist, will address: What is DaaS (Data-as-a-Service)? Challenges addressed by DaaS Vendors that are enabling DaaS Architecture options for DaaS
Feb. 12, 2016 09:45 PM EST Reads: 386
One of the bewildering things about DevOps is integrating the massive toolchain including the dozens of new tools that seem to crop up every year. Part of DevOps is Continuous Delivery and having a complex toolchain can add additional integration and setup to your developer environment. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Miko Matsumura, Chief Marketing Officer of Gradle Inc., will discuss which tools to use in a developer stack, how to provision the toolchain to minimize onboa...
Feb. 12, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 134
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed...
Feb. 12, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 404
Companies can harness IoT and predictive analytics to sustain business continuity; predict and manage site performance during emergencies; minimize expensive reactive maintenance; and forecast equipment and maintenance budgets and expenditures. Providing cost-effective, uninterrupted service is challenging, particularly for organizations with geographically dispersed operations.
Feb. 12, 2016 06:00 PM EST
When building large, cloud-based applications that operate at a high scale, it’s important to maintain a high availability and resilience to failures. In order to do that, you must be tolerant of failures, even in light of failures in other areas of your application. “Fly two mistakes high” is an old adage in the radio control airplane hobby. It means, fly high enough so that if you make a mistake, you can continue flying with room to still make mistakes. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:45 PM EST
DevOps is not just last year’s buzzword. Companies with DevOps practices are 2.5x more likely to exceed profitability, market share, and productivity goals. But how do you enable high performance? What can you do right now to start? Find out from DevOps experts including Gene Kim, co-author of "The Phoenix Project," and the Dynatrace Center of Excellence.
Feb. 12, 2016 04:30 PM EST
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 192
SYS-CON Events announced today that Column Technologies will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Established in 1998, Column Technologies is a global technology solutions provider with over 400 employees, headquartered in the United States with offices in Canada, India, and the United Kingdom. Column Technologies provides “Best of Breed” technology solutions that automate the key DevOps principal...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:15 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 430
Join us at Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo 2016 – June 7-9 at the Javits Center in New York City and November 1-3 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – and deliver your unique message in a way that is striking and unforgettable by taking advantage of SYS-CON's unmatched high-impact, result-driven event / media packages.
Feb. 12, 2016 03:00 PM EST
There will be new vendors providing applications, middleware, and connected devices to support the thriving IoT ecosystem. This essentially means that electronic device manufacturers will also be in the software business. Many will be new to building embedded software or robust software. This creates an increased importance on software quality, particularly within the Industrial Internet of Things where business-critical applications are becoming dependent on products controlled by software. Qua...
Feb. 12, 2016 02:15 PM EST