|By Marketwired .||
|May 5, 2011 07:00 AM EDT||
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwire) -- 05/05/11 -- INTEROP 2011 -- Ixia (NASDAQ: XXIA), the leading global provider of converged IP network test solutions, will demonstrate its data center and cloud-computing testing solutions in conjunction with industry-leading vendors throughout the show floor and in its booth #1367 at Interop Las Vegas 2011. In addition, multiple speaking engagements, showcasing Ixia's test leadership, will feature Ixia expert technologists.
Ixia's prominence at Interop will focus on key innovations in several enterprise and service provider testing solutions:
- Simple, cost-effective testing for the enterprise -- Ixia will demonstrate how its new IxNetwork 6.0 test application and Xcellon-Flex 10/40GE Accelerated Performance load module allows for enterprise-level testing with affordable scaling and flexibility, click-through automation for easy test configuration, pre-packaged tests to facilitate cloud performance benchmarks, and team collaboration tools to leverage expertise.
- Complete cloud simulation and testing -- Ixia helps validate the performance of next-generation switches and routers that are key to cloud delivery. Ixia's new high-density 10GE/40GE "combo" load module and ImpairNet WAN emulation test module will demonstrate the ultra-low latency of the Force10 S4810 top-of-rack (ToR) switch in Ixia's booth. The following vendors will use Ixia equipment to demonstrate switch and router performance "in the cloud":
- Alcatel-Lucent will use Ixia solutions to demonstrate the superior performance and application delivery of its breakthrough data center switching solution in booth #1851.
- Brocade will use Ixia's market-leading HSE 100GE K2 module and the highest-density 10GE Xcellon-Flex module to showcase the 10GE and 100GE carrier-class scalability and service delivery of their cloud-optimized Brocade MLXe multiservice router in booth #833.
- Comprehensive cyber security and vulnerability testing -- Ixia helps to ensure critical application delivery, while balancing network performance with security effectiveness. Ixia's IxLoad-Attack application is a finalist in the Interop 2011 Security category.
- SonicWALL will use Ixia's IxLoad to showcase high throughput capabilities of its clustered SuperMassive E10800 Next-Generation Firewall, achieving more than 120Gbps of application throughput. Additionally, SonicWALL will use Ixia's IxLoad-Attack to demonstrate its next-generation firewall capabilities under highly-scalable and flexible attacks at its booth #851.
- Comprehensive testing for virtualized data center -- Ixia's comprehensive testing solutions for virtualized data centers validate servers and virtual machines residing in the cloud, ensuring the interoperability and security of devices, and validating quality of experiencing (QoE) across cloud services.
- Ultra-high application service delivery -- Ixia measures the capacity of elastic data centers, by validating secure communication with ultra-high-scale secure sockets layer (SSL), and verifies the extreme performance -- up to 160Gbps of application traffic, 400K SSL sessions/sec, and 20Gbps of SSL-encrypted traffic -- of networks using IxLoad and Xcellon-Ultra.
- Both Ixia and F5 Networks will stress F5's VIPRION application delivery controllers at F5 Network's booth #2027 and at Ixia's booth.
Ixia representatives will also present several lectures at the conference.
- Atul Bhatnagar, Ixia President and CEO will participate in the panel, The Path to 4G, on Thursday, May 12 from 10:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. in room Lagoon L.
- Jim Smith, Ixia Vice President of Marketing, will co-present with Areg Alimian, Ixia Director of Product Management on the topic of Network Security: Ensuring that the Guards are at the Gates on Tuesday, May 10 from 3:15 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. in room Mandalay Bay L.
- Tara Van Unen, Ixia Sr. Manager of Market Development will co-present with Nick Lippis, The Lippis Report CEO, on Virtualize Responsibly: Best Practices for Building Data Center Clouds on Wednesday, May 11 from 10:15 a.m. to 11 a.m. in room Mandalay Bay J. At this special session, Mr. Lippis will unveil the results of his most recent round of 10G Top-of-Rack Switch Benchmark Test -- the industry's only apples-to-apples comparison of data center switch performance benchmarks.
Ixia is a leading provider of converged IP performance test systems and service verification platforms for wireless and wired infrastructures and services. Ixia's test systems are used by network and telephony equipment manufacturers, semiconductor manufacturers, service providers, governments, and enterprises to validate the performance and reliability of complex networks, devices, and applications. Ixia's multiplay test systems address the growing need to test voice, video, and data services and network capability under real-world conditions. For more information, please go to www.ixiacom.com.
Ixia and the Ixia four-petal logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Ixia. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Learn how to solve the problem of keeping files in sync between multiple Docker containers. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Aaron Brongersma, Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Modulus, discussed using rsync, GlusterFS, EBS and Bit Torrent Sync. He broke down the tools that are needed to help create a seamless user experience. In the end, can we have an environment where we can easily move Docker containers, servers, and volumes without impacting our applications? He shared his results so yo...
Jul. 31, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 780
Palerra, the cloud security automation company, announced enhanced support for Amazon AWS, allowing IT security and DevOps teams to automate activity and configuration monitoring, anomaly detection, and orchestrated remediation, thereby meeting compliance mandates within complex infrastructure deployments. "Monitoring and threat detection for AWS is a non-trivial task. While Amazon's flexible environment facilitates successful DevOps implementations, it adds another layer, which can become a ...
Jul. 31, 2015 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 305
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Jul. 31, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 424
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Jul. 31, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 493
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Jul. 31, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 276
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, analyzed a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discussed the benefits/challenges of migrating to each offe...
Jul. 31, 2015 02:30 PM EDT
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Jul. 31, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 366
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Jul. 31, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 103
In their session at 17th Cloud Expo, Hal Schwartz, CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), and Chuck Paolillo, CTO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), provide a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. In his role as CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), Hal Schwartz provides leadership and direction for the company.
Jul. 31, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 134
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Jul. 31, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 123
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Jul. 31, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 146
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducte...
Jul. 31, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 305
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Jul. 31, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 163
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,402
Providing the needed data for application development and testing is a huge headache for most organizations. The problems are often the same across companies - speed, quality, cost, and control. Provisioning data can take days or weeks, every time a refresh is required. Using dummy data leads to quality problems. Creating physical copies of large data sets and sending them to distributed teams of developers eats up expensive storage and bandwidth resources. And, all of these copies proliferating...
Jul. 30, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 894