|By Marketwired .||
|May 5, 2011 07:00 AM EDT||
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwire) -- 05/05/11 -- INTEROP 2011 -- Ixia (NASDAQ: XXIA), the leading global provider of converged IP network test solutions, will demonstrate its data center and cloud-computing testing solutions in conjunction with industry-leading vendors throughout the show floor and in its booth #1367 at Interop Las Vegas 2011. In addition, multiple speaking engagements, showcasing Ixia's test leadership, will feature Ixia expert technologists.
Ixia's prominence at Interop will focus on key innovations in several enterprise and service provider testing solutions:
- Simple, cost-effective testing for the enterprise -- Ixia will demonstrate how its new IxNetwork 6.0 test application and Xcellon-Flex 10/40GE Accelerated Performance load module allows for enterprise-level testing with affordable scaling and flexibility, click-through automation for easy test configuration, pre-packaged tests to facilitate cloud performance benchmarks, and team collaboration tools to leverage expertise.
- Complete cloud simulation and testing -- Ixia helps validate the performance of next-generation switches and routers that are key to cloud delivery. Ixia's new high-density 10GE/40GE "combo" load module and ImpairNet WAN emulation test module will demonstrate the ultra-low latency of the Force10 S4810 top-of-rack (ToR) switch in Ixia's booth. The following vendors will use Ixia equipment to demonstrate switch and router performance "in the cloud":
- Alcatel-Lucent will use Ixia solutions to demonstrate the superior performance and application delivery of its breakthrough data center switching solution in booth #1851.
- Brocade will use Ixia's market-leading HSE 100GE K2 module and the highest-density 10GE Xcellon-Flex module to showcase the 10GE and 100GE carrier-class scalability and service delivery of their cloud-optimized Brocade MLXe multiservice router in booth #833.
- Comprehensive cyber security and vulnerability testing -- Ixia helps to ensure critical application delivery, while balancing network performance with security effectiveness. Ixia's IxLoad-Attack application is a finalist in the Interop 2011 Security category.
- SonicWALL will use Ixia's IxLoad to showcase high throughput capabilities of its clustered SuperMassive E10800 Next-Generation Firewall, achieving more than 120Gbps of application throughput. Additionally, SonicWALL will use Ixia's IxLoad-Attack to demonstrate its next-generation firewall capabilities under highly-scalable and flexible attacks at its booth #851.
- Comprehensive testing for virtualized data center -- Ixia's comprehensive testing solutions for virtualized data centers validate servers and virtual machines residing in the cloud, ensuring the interoperability and security of devices, and validating quality of experiencing (QoE) across cloud services.
- Ultra-high application service delivery -- Ixia measures the capacity of elastic data centers, by validating secure communication with ultra-high-scale secure sockets layer (SSL), and verifies the extreme performance -- up to 160Gbps of application traffic, 400K SSL sessions/sec, and 20Gbps of SSL-encrypted traffic -- of networks using IxLoad and Xcellon-Ultra.
- Both Ixia and F5 Networks will stress F5's VIPRION application delivery controllers at F5 Network's booth #2027 and at Ixia's booth.
Ixia representatives will also present several lectures at the conference.
- Atul Bhatnagar, Ixia President and CEO will participate in the panel, The Path to 4G, on Thursday, May 12 from 10:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. in room Lagoon L.
- Jim Smith, Ixia Vice President of Marketing, will co-present with Areg Alimian, Ixia Director of Product Management on the topic of Network Security: Ensuring that the Guards are at the Gates on Tuesday, May 10 from 3:15 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. in room Mandalay Bay L.
- Tara Van Unen, Ixia Sr. Manager of Market Development will co-present with Nick Lippis, The Lippis Report CEO, on Virtualize Responsibly: Best Practices for Building Data Center Clouds on Wednesday, May 11 from 10:15 a.m. to 11 a.m. in room Mandalay Bay J. At this special session, Mr. Lippis will unveil the results of his most recent round of 10G Top-of-Rack Switch Benchmark Test -- the industry's only apples-to-apples comparison of data center switch performance benchmarks.
Ixia is a leading provider of converged IP performance test systems and service verification platforms for wireless and wired infrastructures and services. Ixia's test systems are used by network and telephony equipment manufacturers, semiconductor manufacturers, service providers, governments, and enterprises to validate the performance and reliability of complex networks, devices, and applications. Ixia's multiplay test systems address the growing need to test voice, video, and data services and network capability under real-world conditions. For more information, please go to www.ixiacom.com.
Ixia and the Ixia four-petal logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Ixia. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The revocation of Safe Harbor has radically affected data sovereignty strategy in the cloud. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Jeff Miller, Product Management at Cavirin Systems, discussed how to assess these changes across your own cloud strategy, and how you can mitigate risks previously covered under the agreement.
Nov. 30, 2015 06:30 PM EST
Countless business models have spawned from the IaaS industry – resell Web hosting, blogs, public cloud, and on and on. With the overwhelming amount of tools available to us, it's sometimes easy to overlook that many of them are just new skins of resources we've had for a long time. In his general session at 17th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Sr. Software Architect at SoftLayer, an IBM Company, broke down what we have to work with, discussed the benefits and pitfalls and how we can best use them ...
Nov. 30, 2015 03:45 PM EST
Most of the IoT Gateway scenarios involve collecting data from machines/processing and pushing data upstream to cloud for further analytics. The gateway hardware varies from Raspberry Pi to Industrial PCs. The document states the process of allowing deploying polyglot data pipelining software with the clear notion of supporting immutability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Shashank Jain, a development architect for SAP Labs, discussed the objective, which is to automate the IoT deployment proces...
Nov. 30, 2015 03:30 PM EST
We all know that data growth is exploding and storage budgets are shrinking. Instead of showing you charts on about how much data there is, in his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing at HGST, showed how to capture all of your data in one place. After you have your data under control, you can then analyze it in one place, saving time and resources.
Nov. 30, 2015 03:15 PM EST Reads: 242
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
Nov. 30, 2015 03:00 PM EST Reads: 492
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Nov. 30, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 366
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Su...
Nov. 30, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 431
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningf...
Nov. 30, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 434
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Nov. 30, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 537
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Nov. 30, 2015 12:45 PM EST Reads: 342
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Nov. 30, 2015 12:45 PM EST Reads: 290
In recent years, at least 40% of companies using cloud applications have experienced data loss. One of the best prevention against cloud data loss is backing up your cloud data. In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sam McIntyre, Partner Enablement Specialist at eFolder, presented how organizations can use eFolder Cloudfinder to automate backups of cloud application data. He also demonstrated how easy it is to search and restore cloud application data using Cloudfinder.
Nov. 30, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 221
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, exploreed the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and t...
Nov. 30, 2015 10:45 AM EST Reads: 462
Two weeks ago (November 3-5), I attended the Cloud Expo Silicon Valley as a speaker, where I presented on the security and privacy due diligence requirements for cloud solutions. Cloud security is a topical issue for every CIO, CISO, and technology buyer. Decision-makers are always looking for insights on how to mitigate the security risks of implementing and using cloud solutions. Based on the presentation topics covered at the conference, as well as the general discussions heard between sessi...
Nov. 30, 2015 10:30 AM EST Reads: 354
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now ...
Nov. 30, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 292