|By Marketwired .||
|May 5, 2011 07:00 AM EDT||
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwire) -- 05/05/11 -- INTEROP 2011 -- Ixia (NASDAQ: XXIA), the leading global provider of converged IP network test solutions, will demonstrate its data center and cloud-computing testing solutions in conjunction with industry-leading vendors throughout the show floor and in its booth #1367 at Interop Las Vegas 2011. In addition, multiple speaking engagements, showcasing Ixia's test leadership, will feature Ixia expert technologists.
Ixia's prominence at Interop will focus on key innovations in several enterprise and service provider testing solutions:
- Simple, cost-effective testing for the enterprise -- Ixia will demonstrate how its new IxNetwork 6.0 test application and Xcellon-Flex 10/40GE Accelerated Performance load module allows for enterprise-level testing with affordable scaling and flexibility, click-through automation for easy test configuration, pre-packaged tests to facilitate cloud performance benchmarks, and team collaboration tools to leverage expertise.
- Complete cloud simulation and testing -- Ixia helps validate the performance of next-generation switches and routers that are key to cloud delivery. Ixia's new high-density 10GE/40GE "combo" load module and ImpairNet WAN emulation test module will demonstrate the ultra-low latency of the Force10 S4810 top-of-rack (ToR) switch in Ixia's booth. The following vendors will use Ixia equipment to demonstrate switch and router performance "in the cloud":
- Alcatel-Lucent will use Ixia solutions to demonstrate the superior performance and application delivery of its breakthrough data center switching solution in booth #1851.
- Brocade will use Ixia's market-leading HSE 100GE K2 module and the highest-density 10GE Xcellon-Flex module to showcase the 10GE and 100GE carrier-class scalability and service delivery of their cloud-optimized Brocade MLXe multiservice router in booth #833.
- Comprehensive cyber security and vulnerability testing -- Ixia helps to ensure critical application delivery, while balancing network performance with security effectiveness. Ixia's IxLoad-Attack application is a finalist in the Interop 2011 Security category.
- SonicWALL will use Ixia's IxLoad to showcase high throughput capabilities of its clustered SuperMassive E10800 Next-Generation Firewall, achieving more than 120Gbps of application throughput. Additionally, SonicWALL will use Ixia's IxLoad-Attack to demonstrate its next-generation firewall capabilities under highly-scalable and flexible attacks at its booth #851.
- Comprehensive testing for virtualized data center -- Ixia's comprehensive testing solutions for virtualized data centers validate servers and virtual machines residing in the cloud, ensuring the interoperability and security of devices, and validating quality of experiencing (QoE) across cloud services.
- Ultra-high application service delivery -- Ixia measures the capacity of elastic data centers, by validating secure communication with ultra-high-scale secure sockets layer (SSL), and verifies the extreme performance -- up to 160Gbps of application traffic, 400K SSL sessions/sec, and 20Gbps of SSL-encrypted traffic -- of networks using IxLoad and Xcellon-Ultra.
- Both Ixia and F5 Networks will stress F5's VIPRION application delivery controllers at F5 Network's booth #2027 and at Ixia's booth.
Ixia representatives will also present several lectures at the conference.
- Atul Bhatnagar, Ixia President and CEO will participate in the panel, The Path to 4G, on Thursday, May 12 from 10:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. in room Lagoon L.
- Jim Smith, Ixia Vice President of Marketing, will co-present with Areg Alimian, Ixia Director of Product Management on the topic of Network Security: Ensuring that the Guards are at the Gates on Tuesday, May 10 from 3:15 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. in room Mandalay Bay L.
- Tara Van Unen, Ixia Sr. Manager of Market Development will co-present with Nick Lippis, The Lippis Report CEO, on Virtualize Responsibly: Best Practices for Building Data Center Clouds on Wednesday, May 11 from 10:15 a.m. to 11 a.m. in room Mandalay Bay J. At this special session, Mr. Lippis will unveil the results of his most recent round of 10G Top-of-Rack Switch Benchmark Test -- the industry's only apples-to-apples comparison of data center switch performance benchmarks.
Ixia is a leading provider of converged IP performance test systems and service verification platforms for wireless and wired infrastructures and services. Ixia's test systems are used by network and telephony equipment manufacturers, semiconductor manufacturers, service providers, governments, and enterprises to validate the performance and reliability of complex networks, devices, and applications. Ixia's multiplay test systems address the growing need to test voice, video, and data services and network capability under real-world conditions. For more information, please go to www.ixiacom.com.
Ixia and the Ixia four-petal logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Ixia. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Big Data engines are powering a lot of service businesses right now. Data is collected from users from wearable technologies, web behaviors, purchase behavior as well as several arbitrary data points we’d never think of. The demand for faster and bigger engines to crunch and serve up the data to services is growing exponentially. You see a LOT of correlation between “Cloud” and “Big Data” but on Big Data and “Hybrid,” where hybrid hosting is the sanest approach to the Big Data Infrastructure pro...
Jan. 18, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 4,849
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Jan. 18, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,130
Hardware virtualization and cloud computing allowed us to increase resource utilization and increase our flexibility to respond to business demand. Docker Containers are the next quantum leap - Are they?! Databases always represented an additional set of challenges unique to running workloads requiring a maximum of I/O, network, CPU resources combined with data locality.
Jan. 18, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 123
In his General Session at DevOps Summit, Asaf Yigal, Co-Founder & VP of Product at Logz.io, will explore the value of Kibana 4 for log analysis and will give a real live, hands-on tutorial on how to set up Kibana 4 and get the most out of Apache log files. He will examine three use cases: IT operations, business intelligence, and security and compliance. This is a hands-on session that will require participants to bring their own laptops, and we will provide the rest.
Jan. 18, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 4,872
"We're bringing out a new application monitoring system to the DevOps space. It manages large enterprise applications that are distributed throughout a node in many enterprises and we manage them as one collective," explained Kevin Barnes, President of eCube Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 18, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 5,359
In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, David Shacochis, host of The Hybrid IT Files podcast and Vice President at CenturyLink, investigated three key trends of the “gigabit economy" though the story of a Fortune 500 communications company in transformation. Narrating how multi-modal hybrid IT, service automation, and agile delivery all intersect, he will cover the role of storytelling and empathy in achieving strategic alignment between the enterprise and its information technology.
Jan. 18, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 4,519
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists peeled away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud enviro...
Jan. 18, 2017 04:30 PM EST Reads: 4,725
In their general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Michael Piccininni, Global Account Manager - Cloud SP at EMC Corporation, and Mike Dietze, Regional Director at Windstream Hosted Solutions, reviewed next generation cloud services, including the Windstream-EMC Tier Storage solutions, and discussed how to increase efficiencies, improve service delivery and enhance corporate cloud solution development. Michael Piccininni is Global Account Manager – Cloud SP at EMC Corporation. He has been engaged in t...
Jan. 18, 2017 03:45 PM EST Reads: 4,669
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 18, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 3,670
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Jan. 18, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 3,398
"LinearHub provides smart video conferencing, which is the Roundee service, and we archive all the video conferences and we also provide the transcript," stated Sunghyuk Kim, CEO of LinearHub, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 18, 2017 02:45 PM EST Reads: 1,586
A look across the tech landscape at the disruptive technologies that are increasing in prominence and speculate as to which will be most impactful for communications – namely, AI and Cloud Computing. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Curtis Peterson, VP of Operations at RingCentral, will highlight the current challenges of these transformative technologies and share strategies for preparing your organization for these changes. This “view from the top” will outline the latest trends and developm...
Jan. 18, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 976
Things are changing so quickly in IoT that it would take a wizard to predict which ecosystem will gain the most traction. In order for IoT to reach its potential, smart devices must be able to work together. Today, there are a slew of interoperability standards being promoted by big names to make this happen: HomeKit, Brillo and Alljoyn. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Adam Justice, vice president and general manager of Grid Connect, will review what happens when smart devices don’t work togethe...
Jan. 18, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 382
When you focus on a journey from up-close, you look at your own technical and cultural history and how you changed it for the benefit of the customer. This was our starting point: too many integration issues, 13 SWP days and very long cycles. It was evident that in this fast-paced industry we could no longer afford this reality. We needed something that would take us beyond reducing the development lifecycles, CI and Agile methodologies. We made a fundamental difference, even changed our culture...
Jan. 18, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 923
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 18, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 5,098