|By PR Newswire||
|September 11, 2012 02:09 AM EDT||
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina, Sept. 11, 2012 - IRSA Inversiones y Representaciones Sociedad Anonima (NYSE: IRS; BASE: IRSA), the leading real estate company in Argentina, announces its results for the FY 2012 Ended June 30, 2012
- During this fiscal year our business lines posted highly satisfactory results. The Company's EBITDA rose by 20.6% compared to 2011, mainly explained by the Shopping Centers and Offices segments.
- Net income for the fiscal year was Ps. 280.1 million, in line with the previous fiscal year.
- Shopping centers ended the year with a 28.3% increase in sales as compared to 2011 and a portfolio occupancy rate of 98.4%. EBITDA from this segment grew 33.1% and the EBITDA/revenue margin reached 79%.
- During this fiscal year we purchased 50% of the company Nuevo Puerto Santa Fe, owner of La Ribera shopping center in a plot of land held under concession. In addition, in December 2011 we started developing our "Arcos" project located in the neighborhood of Palermo, in the City of Buenos Aires.
- The Offices business saw its EBITDA rise by 21.3% as compared to 2011 mainly due to a higher portfolio occupancy rate, which increased from 91% to 98%.
- As concerns our Sales and Developments segment, during this year we sold the Yacht V and VI office building located in Dock I, Puerto Madero, the land reserve Thames 1868 in San Justo, the "Palacio Alcorta" commercial property, and 50% of the stock capital of Quality Invest S.A., owner of the Nobleza Piccardo industrial plant. In all cases, we obtained very good results from the sale of these assets as compared to their book values.
- Our interest in Banco Hipotecario has had a favorable impact on our results, contributing income for ARS 105.0 million during this fiscal year, an increase of 37% as compared to the previous fiscal year, mainly due to an improvement in the bank's financial margin.
- During this year we entered into an agreement with Supertel Hospitality Inc whereby we acquired 3,000,000 convertible preferred shares, including an investment of approximately USD 20 million made by IRSA. Supertel is a Real Estate Investment Trust listed on the Nasdaq under the symbol "SPPR", focused on medium-class and long-stay hotels in 23 states of the United States of America.
- During this fiscal year we issued ARS 300 million in the local market, which we used to restructure short-term debt maturities.
- Finally, during fiscal year 2012 we paid cash dividends to our shareholders in two opportunities for a total amount of Ps. 310.6 million.
Fiscal Year 2012 Financial Highlights
(In thousands of Argentine Pesos)
Ended June 30, 2011
Net Income (Loss)
Net Income per GDS
Total Current Assets
Total Non Current Assets
Total Current Liabilities
Total Non Current Liabilities
IRSA Inversiones y Representaciones S.A. (NYSE: IRS, BASE: IRSA) is Argentina's largest, most well-diversified real estate company, and it is the only company in the industry whose shares are listed on both the Bolsa de Comercio de Buenos Aires and The New York Stock Exchange. Through its subsidiaries, IRSA manages an expanding top portfolio of shopping centers and office buildings, primarily in Buenos Aires. The company also develops residential subdivisions and apartments (specializing in high-rises and loft-style conversions) and owns three luxury hotels. Its solid, diversified portfolio of properties has established the Company as the leader in the sector in which it participates, making it the best vehicle to access the Argentine real estate market. Additionally, IRSA owns a stake in Banco Hipotecario, Argentina's largest mortgage supplier in the country.
A LONGER VERSION OF THIS PRESS RELEASE WITH DETAILED INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE: WWW.IRSA.COM.AR
IRSA cordially invites you to participate in its FY 2012 Results Conference Call on Friday, September 14, 2012 at 10:00 hs Eastern Time
To participate, please call:
888 – 734 - 0544 If you are in the US or
+1 - 706 - 758 - 3363 for international calls
To access the webcast, click on the link below: http://webcast.mzvaluemonitor.com/Home/Login/404
SOURCE IRSA Inversiones y Representaciones Sociedad Anonima
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Oct. 1, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 846
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Oct. 1, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,185
SYS-CON Events announced today the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp, being held November 1-2, 2016, in conjunction with 19th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but with hands-on demos and detailed walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of real world use cases prototyped using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark, and Intel Edison. Y...
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,098
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,528
What are the new priorities for the connected business? First: businesses need to think differently about the types of connections they will need to make – these span well beyond the traditional app to app into more modern forms of integration including SaaS integrations, mobile integrations, APIs, device integration and Big Data integration. It’s important these are unified together vs. doing them all piecemeal. Second, these types of connections need to be simple to design, adapt and configure...
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 617
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,329
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,264
Adobe is changing the world though digital experiences. Adobe helps customers develop and deliver high-impact experiences that differentiate brands, build loyalty, and drive revenue across every screen, including smartphones, computers, tablets and TVs. Adobe content solutions are used daily by millions of companies worldwide-from publishers and broadcasters, to enterprises, marketing agencies and household-name brands. Building on its established design leadership, Adobe enables customers not o...
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 609
Ask someone to architect an Internet of Things (IoT) solution and you are guaranteed to see a reference to the cloud. This would lead you to believe that IoT requires the cloud to exist. However, there are many IoT use cases where the cloud is not feasible or desirable. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, will discuss the strategies that exist to extend intelligence directly to IoT devices and sensors, freeing them from the constraints of ...
Oct. 1, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,808
Technology vendors and analysts are eager to paint a rosy picture of how wonderful IoT is and why your deployment will be great with the use of their products and services. While it is easy to showcase successful IoT solutions, identifying IoT systems that missed the mark or failed can often provide more in the way of key lessons learned. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Peter Vanderminden, Principal Industry Analyst for IoT & Digital Supply Chain to Flatiron Strategies, will focus on how IoT de...
Oct. 1, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,330
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Oct. 1, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 883
24Notion is full-service global creative digital marketing, technology and lifestyle agency that combines strategic ideas with customized tactical execution. With a broad understand of the art of traditional marketing, new media, communications and social influence, 24Notion uniquely understands how to connect your brand strategy with the right consumer. 24Notion ranked #12 on Corporate Social Responsibility - Book of List.
Oct. 1, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 628
Businesses are struggling to manage the information flow and interactions between all of these new devices and things jumping on their network, and the apps and IT systems they control. The data businesses gather is only helpful if they can do something with it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Witeck, Principal Technology Strategist at Citrix, will discuss how different the impact of IoT will be for large businesses, expanding how IoT will allow large organizations to make their legacy ap...
Oct. 1, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 721
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Oct. 1, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,729