|By Marketwired .||
|October 10, 2012 02:25 PM EDT||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/10/12 -- Couchbase, the leader in NoSQL database technology, today announced the appointment of Rahim Yaseen as senior vice president of product development. A 20-year database industry veteran, Yaseen joins Couchbase from Oracle where he served as vice president of engineering, leading the efforts to develop Oracle's Core Fusion Customer Relationship Management (CRM) framework, including the technology to support the product's SaaS-based model.
- Former Oracle Vice President Rahim Yaseen has joined Couchbase, Inc., the leader in NoSQL database technology and the company behind the Couchbase open source project. NoSQL is an emerging class of data management software that is optimized for the needs of interactive web applications, providing better scalability, performance, and a more flexible data model than relational database technology.
- In his new role with Couchbase, Yaseen will lead the company's product development, including the company's flagship NoSQL database offering, Couchbase Server.
- While at Oracle, Yaseen was responsible for the Core Fusion CRM framework, the industry's most modern, standards-based, scalable and extensible technology platform to address the specific challenges of sales organizations, which includes the Fusion CRM SaaS programming model for extensibility; the mobile, Outlook and predictive analytics frameworks; the contact center framework; and the customer center and order management applications.
- Previously in his career, Yaseen held executive engineering positions at SAP, Siebel and CMGI/AdForce.
- Working in the office of the CTO, Yaseen led the technical and strategic direction for SAP's Next Generation Architecture and Platform.
- Yaseen led the development of Siebel's BPM framework including workflow architecture and platform, rule engines and tools, and compilers for scripting languages.
- At CMGI/AdForce, Yaseen led the development of the ad management and targeting frameworks.
- Yaseen holds six technical patents spanning the areas of database, workflow, and mobile focused on platforms and frameworks.
- Yaseen earned a Ph.D. (EE/CSE), specializing in database systems, from the University of Florida.
- "We are thrilled that Yaseen has joined Couchbase. As a technical visionary with expertise in database development and cloud computing, he adds breadth and depth to our management team, and will be a significant force in extending our technology leadership." -- Bob Wiederhold, CEO of Couchbase
- "A recognized NoSQL technology leader, Couchbase is trusted by a rapidly growing number of high-profile companies to ensure the high performance, easy scalability and always-on availability of their interactive web applications. Couchbase is well positioned to accelerate enterprise adoption of NoSQL technology and I couldn't be more excited to join the company and contribute to making Couchbase a dominant player in the database market." -- Rahim Yaseen, SVP Product Development, Couchbase
Additional Online Resources
About Couchbase Server
Couchbase Server NoSQL database technology is optimized for the data management needs of interactive web applications. Web application developers and operators rely on Couchbase Server for:
- Easy Scalability: It's easy to scale the data tier with Couchbase Server without any interruption or change to an application. With one click of a button, users can expand a cluster up to hundreds of servers, automatically keeping the workload evenly distributed among them.
- Consistent High Performance: With consistent sub-millisecond response time, Couchbase Server helps ensure a positive experience for application users. Couchbase Server's high throughput means fewer servers are required to serve growing numbers of application users.
- Always-on Availability: Couchbase Server's high availability features means applications are always online, 24x365. Whether upgrading the database, system software or hardware -- or recovering from a disaster -- Couchbase Server allows you to do so with zero downtime.
- Flexible Data Model: As a NoSQL database, Couchbase Server eliminates the need to create and manage schemas, dramatically reducing the complexity and time required when making changes to an application.
Couchbase is the NoSQL database leader, with production deployments at AOL, Deutsche Post, NTT Docomo, Orbitz, Salesforce.com, Zynga and hundreds of other household names worldwide. Couchbase Server is the simple, fast, elastic NoSQL database that delivers a more scalable, high-performance, and cost-effective approach to data management than relational database technology. It is particularly well suited for web applications deployed on virtualized or cloud infrastructures. Couchbase is also the company behind the Couchbase open source project, and is funded by Accel Partners, Ignition Partners, Mayfield Fund and North Bridge Venture Partners. www.couchbase.com
LEWIS Pulse for Couchbase
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 29, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,715
As the world moves toward more DevOps and Microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The Microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. Serverless computing is revolutionizing computing. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Raghav...
Aug. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 940
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,472
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Aug. 29, 2016 01:01 PM EDT Reads: 167
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Aug. 29, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,011
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Aug. 29, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 804
Fact: storage performance problems have only gotten more complicated, as applications not only have become largely virtualized, but also have moved to cloud-based infrastructures. Storage performance in virtualized environments isn’t just about IOPS anymore. Instead, you need to guarantee performance for individual VMs, helping applications maintain performance as the number of VMs continues to go up in real time. In his session at Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, Product and Marketing at Tintri, wil...
Aug. 29, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 851
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 29, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,183
Enterprises have forever faced challenges surrounding the sharing of their intellectual property. Emerging cloud adoption has made it more compelling for enterprises to digitize their content, making them available over a wide variety of devices across the Internet. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Santosh Ahuja, Director of Architecture at Impiger Technologies, will introduce various mechanisms provided by cloud service providers today to manage and share digital content in a secure manner....
Aug. 29, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 819
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitrons Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Hitrons Solutions Inc. is distributor in the North American market for unique products and services of small and medium-size businesses, including cloud services and solutions, SEO marketing platforms, and mobile applications.
Aug. 29, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 738
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, a leading provider of middleware modernization, integration, and management solutions, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Aug. 29, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 843
SYS-CON Events announced today Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Aug. 29, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 935
Pulzze Systems was happy to participate in such a premier event and thankful to be receiving the winning investment and global network support from G-Startup Worldwide. It is an exciting time for Pulzze to showcase the effectiveness of innovative technologies and enable them to make the world smarter and better. The reputable contest is held to identify promising startups around the globe that are assured to change the world through their innovative products and disruptive technologies. There w...
Aug. 29, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 816
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at DevOps Summit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, cutting-edge enterprise web applications for desktop and mobile. SmartClient combines the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software with the simp...
Aug. 29, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,426
With so much going on in this space you could be forgiven for thinking you were always working with yesterday’s technologies. So much change, so quickly. What do you do if you have to build a solution from the ground up that is expected to live in the field for at least 5-10 years? This is the challenge we faced when we looked to refresh our existing 10-year-old custom hardware stack to measure the fullness of trash cans and compactors.
Aug. 29, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,837