|By Marketwired .||
|October 11, 2012 12:01 AM EDT||
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/11/12 -- Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced the world's most powerful edge services router and a single, virtualized platform for rapid deployment of multivendor applications. Combined, the new Juniper Networks® MX2020 3D Universal Edge Router and new JunosV App Engine transform the network edge into a powerful platform for rapid service deployment, speeding time to revenue by up to 69 percent compared to other solutions(1). This helps service providers reverse declining revenue models by removing the complexity and time associated with service deployment.
"Our vision for the new network is to provide innovations that help transform service providers into super providers," said Rami Rahim, senior vice president, Edge and Aggregation Business Unit, Juniper Networks. "Thousands of MX customers have validated the need for massive scaling and reduced complexity driven by emerging video, applications, and cloud-based services. We see our new edge services engine as the first solution that truly empowers service providers to take control of their business by removing barriers currently hindering innovation and revenue expansion."
The MX Series router and JunosV App Engine build on recently announced consumer and business services that allow customers to leverage their existing infrastructure to maximize revenue opportunities through rapid service deployment. This solution offers new levels of scale for service providers by delivering a gateway for everything the network has to offer: one system, innovative software services, with unlimited revenue possibilities at unconstrained scale.
- MX2020 and MX2010 3D Universal Edge Routers, the world's most powerful single-chassis routers, allow service providers to scale up to 67 percent more capacity than any other competitor(2). At 80 Tbps of capacity, a single MX2020 3D Universal Edge router has enough bandwidth to deliver HD video to the equivalent of every household in New York -- and still have room for New Jersey. The routers leverage the Juniper Networks Junos® Trio Chipset with massive 3D scaling across bandwidth, subscribers and services to help service providers deliver mobile Internet, cloud and video services with reduced infrastructure and operational complexity. Existing Trio-based line cards can be used interchangeably in this new chassis, preserving investment protection for customers with MX Series 3D routers already in their infrastructure. The MX2010 3D router supports 40 Tbps of capacity.
- JunosV App Engine with the MX Series 3D router is the first hypervisor for the edge. Service providers can drag and drop existing applications, such as load balancing, security services, online gaming and advertising(3), as well as simultaneously operate applications from any vendor to help them drive new streams of revenue quickly.
- MX Virtual Chassis virtualizes broadband or business edge services over multiple MX 3D routers allowing service providers to operate the systems as a single chassis and quickly add new subscribers. Benefits include faster time to provision services, higher resiliency, increased performance and scale.
- Path Computational Element (PCE) on the MX brings programmable properties into the network so that IT managers can find the most efficient paths to optimize on-demand bandwidth requirements.
- Juniper Rapid Assessment is a suite of services to enable simplified integration and testing with operating and business support systems (OSS/BSS), traffic migration, network security, and virtual application development. These services help customers accelerate production deployment and reduce time to revenue. Consultants from Juniper and its partners specialize in multivendor environments across wireless and wireline networks, IP/MPLS technology and security.
- "With data on Telstra's fixed network doubling approximately every 17 months we need a network that is scalable, resilient and integrated. The Juniper Edge Services Router assists Telstra to manage content delivery, is highly scalable and integrates our networks. Using this equipment in our network assists us to manage the ever increasing volumes of traffic on the Telstra network."
- Mike Wright, executive director, Networks and Access Technologies, Telstra
- "Our ability to build highly scalable networks to support streaming video adoption and complex business applications require network innovators to deliver high performance routers and improved operational efficiency. As network bandwidth and essential business application requirements continue to advance, Juniper's routing and software solutions empower us with the massive capacity headroom and carrier-grade features to methodically evolve our network with the new world of business."
- Kempei Fukuda, director, Network Services Division, NTT Communications
- "To stay ahead of the rapid pace of mobility and cloud-optimized applications, our enterprise customers need simplified communications services that will scale on-demand and remain highly reliable. Juniper's networking approach enables us to seamlessly accelerate the delivery of advanced communications services to our customers without being hindered by operational complexity and performance limitations. As a result, we are precisely positioned to improve our customers' experience and deliver competitive solutions in the future."
- Don MacNeil, chief marketing officer, XO Communications
- SINET connects universities and research institutions within Japan and globally for research collaboration. "In order for us to efficiently manage demand for greater bandwidth, latency-sensitive services and additional users, we needed a more flexible and programmable architecture. Juniper's innovative approach with the JunosV App Engine is a way for us to seamlessly create and simultaneously operate multiple applications on a single platform, reducing application migration time for future and new-generation Internet."
- Michihiro Aoki, research professor, National Institute of Informatics (NII)
- "We predict that public IT cloud services spending will reach over $40 billion this year and almost $100 billion in 2016. This opportunity, coupled with streaming video and audio driving nearly half of the broadband traffic today and growing, will enable service providers to increase revenue if they capitalize now on the cloud, content, and mobility drivers. This new generation of edge routers optimized to enable virtualized data, voice and video services from a single, scalable platform will enable providers to cost-effectively monetize their networks with new consumer and business services."
- Nav Chander, research manager, Telecom Business Services and Carrier Network Infrastructure, IDC
- Relevant Juniper Blog:
- Foresight Valuation Group Reports:
- Relevant Juniper Website: www.juniper.net/edge
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
(1) ACG Research, "ACG Research: New Service Provider Economics with Network Optimization Services", 2012
(2) A single Juniper MX 2020 router capacity compared to a single Cisco ASR 9000 router
(3) Applications listed represent examples and are not limited to these specifically cited
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2118946
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Mar. 27, 2017 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,965
Interoute has announced the integration of its Global Cloud Infrastructure platform with Rancher Labs’ container management platform, Rancher. This approach enables enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation and infrastructure investments. Matthew Finnie, Interoute CTO commented “Enterprises developing and building apps in the cloud and those on a path to Digital Transformation need Digital ICT Infrastructure that allows them to build, test and deploy faster than ever before. The int...
Mar. 27, 2017 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,174
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Lachapelle, CEO of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), will provide an overview of various initiatives to certifiy the security of connected devices and future trends in ensuring public trust of IoT. Eric Lachapelle is the Chief Executive Officer of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), an international certification body. His role is to help companies and individuals to achieve professional, accredited and worldw...
Mar. 27, 2017 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 707
What if you could build a web application that could support true web-scale traffic without having to ever provision or manage a single server? Sounds magical, and it is! In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Munns, Senior Developer Advocate for Serverless Applications at Amazon Web Services, will show how to build a serverless website that scales automatically using services like AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, and Amazon S3. We will review several frameworks that can help you build serverle...
Mar. 27, 2017 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,049
SYS-CON Events announced today that Loom Systems will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Founded in 2015, Loom Systems delivers an advanced AI solution to predict and prevent problems in the digital business. Loom stands alone in the industry as an AI analysis platform requiring no prior math knowledge from operators, leveraging the existing staff to succeed in the digital era. With offices in S...
Mar. 27, 2017 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,439
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Mar. 27, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,332
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin, ...
Mar. 27, 2017 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 6,714
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Mar. 27, 2017 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,352
SYS-CON Events announced today that HTBase will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. HTBase (Gartner 2016 Cool Vendor) delivers a Composable IT infrastructure solution architected for agility and increased efficiency. It turns compute, storage, and fabric into fluid pools of resources that are easily composed and re-composed to meet each application’s needs. With HTBase, companies can quickly prov...
Mar. 27, 2017 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,995
SYS-CON Events announced today that Infranics will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Since 2000, Infranics has developed SysMaster Suite, which is required for the stable and efficient management of ICT infrastructure. The ICT management solution developed and provided by Infranics continues to add intelligence to the ICT infrastructure through the IMC (Infra Management Cycle) based on mathemat...
Mar. 27, 2017 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,122
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudistics, an on-premises cloud computing company, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloudistics delivers a complete public cloud experience with composable on-premises infrastructures to medium and large enterprises. Its software-defined technology natively converges network, storage, compute, virtualization, and management into a ...
Mar. 27, 2017 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,099
Building custom add-ons does not need to be limited to the ideas you see on a marketplace. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Sukhbir Dhillon, CEO and founder of Addteq, will go over some adventures they faced in developing integrations using Atlassian SDK and other technologies/platforms and how it has enabled development teams to experiment with newer paradigms like Serverless and newer features of Atlassian SDKs. In this presentation, you will be taken on a journey of Add-On and Integration ...
Mar. 27, 2017 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,164
There are 66 million network cameras capturing terabytes of data. How did factories in Japan improve physical security at the facilities and improve employee productivity? Edge Computing reduces possible kilobytes of data collected per second to only a few kilobytes of data transmitted to the public cloud every day. Data is aggregated and analyzed close to sensors so only intelligent results need to be transmitted to the cloud. Non-essential data is recycled to optimize storage.
Mar. 27, 2017 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,087
"I think that everyone recognizes that for IoT to really realize its full potential and value that it is about creating ecosystems and marketplaces and that no single vendor is able to support what is required," explained Esmeralda Swartz, VP, Marketing Enterprise and Cloud at Ericsson, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Mar. 27, 2017 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,323
Culture is the most important ingredient of DevOps. The challenge for most organizations is defining and communicating a vision of beneficial DevOps culture for their organizations, and then facilitating the changes needed to achieve that. Often this comes down to an ability to provide true leadership. As a CIO, are your direct reports IT managers or are they IT leaders? The hard truth is that many IT managers have risen through the ranks based on their technical skills, not their leadership abi...
Mar. 27, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 11,140