|By Marketwired .||
|October 11, 2012 12:01 AM EDT||
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/11/12 -- Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced the world's most powerful edge services router and a single, virtualized platform for rapid deployment of multivendor applications. Combined, the new Juniper Networks® MX2020 3D Universal Edge Router and new JunosV App Engine transform the network edge into a powerful platform for rapid service deployment, speeding time to revenue by up to 69 percent compared to other solutions(1). This helps service providers reverse declining revenue models by removing the complexity and time associated with service deployment.
"Our vision for the new network is to provide innovations that help transform service providers into super providers," said Rami Rahim, senior vice president, Edge and Aggregation Business Unit, Juniper Networks. "Thousands of MX customers have validated the need for massive scaling and reduced complexity driven by emerging video, applications, and cloud-based services. We see our new edge services engine as the first solution that truly empowers service providers to take control of their business by removing barriers currently hindering innovation and revenue expansion."
The MX Series router and JunosV App Engine build on recently announced consumer and business services that allow customers to leverage their existing infrastructure to maximize revenue opportunities through rapid service deployment. This solution offers new levels of scale for service providers by delivering a gateway for everything the network has to offer: one system, innovative software services, with unlimited revenue possibilities at unconstrained scale.
- MX2020 and MX2010 3D Universal Edge Routers, the world's most powerful single-chassis routers, allow service providers to scale up to 67 percent more capacity than any other competitor(2). At 80 Tbps of capacity, a single MX2020 3D Universal Edge router has enough bandwidth to deliver HD video to the equivalent of every household in New York -- and still have room for New Jersey. The routers leverage the Juniper Networks Junos® Trio Chipset with massive 3D scaling across bandwidth, subscribers and services to help service providers deliver mobile Internet, cloud and video services with reduced infrastructure and operational complexity. Existing Trio-based line cards can be used interchangeably in this new chassis, preserving investment protection for customers with MX Series 3D routers already in their infrastructure. The MX2010 3D router supports 40 Tbps of capacity.
- JunosV App Engine with the MX Series 3D router is the first hypervisor for the edge. Service providers can drag and drop existing applications, such as load balancing, security services, online gaming and advertising(3), as well as simultaneously operate applications from any vendor to help them drive new streams of revenue quickly.
- MX Virtual Chassis virtualizes broadband or business edge services over multiple MX 3D routers allowing service providers to operate the systems as a single chassis and quickly add new subscribers. Benefits include faster time to provision services, higher resiliency, increased performance and scale.
- Path Computational Element (PCE) on the MX brings programmable properties into the network so that IT managers can find the most efficient paths to optimize on-demand bandwidth requirements.
- Juniper Rapid Assessment is a suite of services to enable simplified integration and testing with operating and business support systems (OSS/BSS), traffic migration, network security, and virtual application development. These services help customers accelerate production deployment and reduce time to revenue. Consultants from Juniper and its partners specialize in multivendor environments across wireless and wireline networks, IP/MPLS technology and security.
- "With data on Telstra's fixed network doubling approximately every 17 months we need a network that is scalable, resilient and integrated. The Juniper Edge Services Router assists Telstra to manage content delivery, is highly scalable and integrates our networks. Using this equipment in our network assists us to manage the ever increasing volumes of traffic on the Telstra network."
- Mike Wright, executive director, Networks and Access Technologies, Telstra
- "Our ability to build highly scalable networks to support streaming video adoption and complex business applications require network innovators to deliver high performance routers and improved operational efficiency. As network bandwidth and essential business application requirements continue to advance, Juniper's routing and software solutions empower us with the massive capacity headroom and carrier-grade features to methodically evolve our network with the new world of business."
- Kempei Fukuda, director, Network Services Division, NTT Communications
- "To stay ahead of the rapid pace of mobility and cloud-optimized applications, our enterprise customers need simplified communications services that will scale on-demand and remain highly reliable. Juniper's networking approach enables us to seamlessly accelerate the delivery of advanced communications services to our customers without being hindered by operational complexity and performance limitations. As a result, we are precisely positioned to improve our customers' experience and deliver competitive solutions in the future."
- Don MacNeil, chief marketing officer, XO Communications
- SINET connects universities and research institutions within Japan and globally for research collaboration. "In order for us to efficiently manage demand for greater bandwidth, latency-sensitive services and additional users, we needed a more flexible and programmable architecture. Juniper's innovative approach with the JunosV App Engine is a way for us to seamlessly create and simultaneously operate multiple applications on a single platform, reducing application migration time for future and new-generation Internet."
- Michihiro Aoki, research professor, National Institute of Informatics (NII)
- "We predict that public IT cloud services spending will reach over $40 billion this year and almost $100 billion in 2016. This opportunity, coupled with streaming video and audio driving nearly half of the broadband traffic today and growing, will enable service providers to increase revenue if they capitalize now on the cloud, content, and mobility drivers. This new generation of edge routers optimized to enable virtualized data, voice and video services from a single, scalable platform will enable providers to cost-effectively monetize their networks with new consumer and business services."
- Nav Chander, research manager, Telecom Business Services and Carrier Network Infrastructure, IDC
- Relevant Juniper Blog:
- Foresight Valuation Group Reports:
- Relevant Juniper Website: www.juniper.net/edge
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
(1) ACG Research, "ACG Research: New Service Provider Economics with Network Optimization Services", 2012
(2) A single Juniper MX 2020 router capacity compared to a single Cisco ASR 9000 router
(3) Applications listed represent examples and are not limited to these specifically cited
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2118946
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Apr. 30, 2017 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,188
NHK, Japan Broadcasting, will feature the upcoming @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley in a special 'Internet of Things' and smart technology documentary that will be filmed on the expo floor between November 3 to 5, 2015, in Santa Clara. NHK is the sole public TV network in Japan equivalent to the BBC in the UK and the largest in Asia with many award-winning science and technology programs. Japanese TV is producing a documentary about IoT and Smart technology and will be covering @ThingsExpo Silicon Val...
Apr. 30, 2017 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 9,435
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, discussed how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team at D...
Apr. 30, 2017 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 6,232
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor – all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Apr. 30, 2017 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 9,254
Join IBM November 2 at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, and learn how to go beyond multi-speed it to bring agility to traditional enterprise applications. Technology innovation is the driving force behind modern business and enterprises must respond by increasing the speed and efficiency of software delivery. The challenge is that existing enterprise applications are expensive to develop and difficult to modernize. This often results in what Gartner calls ...
Apr. 30, 2017 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,409
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Apr. 30, 2017 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,756
The age of Digital Disruption is evolving into the next era – Digital Cohesion, an age in which applications securely self-assemble and deliver predictive services that continuously adapt to user behavior. Information from devices, sensors and applications around us will drive services seamlessly across mobile and fixed devices/infrastructure. This evolution is happening now in software defined services and secure networking. Four key drivers – Performance, Economics, Interoperability and Trust ...
Apr. 30, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,087
SYS-CON Events announced today that CollabNet, a global leader in enterprise software development, release automation and DevOps solutions, will be a Bronze Sponsor of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, taking place from June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. CollabNet offers a broad range of solutions with the mission of helping modern organizations deliver quality software at speed. The company’s latest innovation, the DevOps Lifecycle Manager (DLM), supports Value S...
Apr. 30, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,454
“DevOps is really about the business. The business is under pressure today, competitively in the marketplace to respond to the expectations of the customer. The business is driving IT and the problem is that IT isn't responding fast enough," explained Mark Levy, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Serena Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Apr. 30, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 16,426
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Apr. 30, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,028
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Apr. 30, 2017 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,203
Building a cross-cloud operational model can be a daunting task. Per-cloud silos are not the answer, but neither is a fully generic abstraction plane that strips out capabilities unique to a particular provider. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Wolf, VP & Chief Technology Officer, Global Field & Industry at VMware, will discuss how successful organizations approach cloud operations and management, with insights into where operations should be centralized and when it’s best to decentraliz...
Apr. 30, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,100
Translating agile methodology into real-world best practices within the modern software factory has driven widespread DevOps adoption, yet much work remains to expand workflows and tooling across the enterprise. As models evolve from pockets of experimentation into wholescale organizational reinvention, practitioners find themselves challenged to incorporate the culture and architecture necessary to support DevOps at scale. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Anand Akela, Senior...
Apr. 29, 2017 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,028
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Apr. 29, 2017 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 9,244
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Apr. 29, 2017 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,822