|By Marketwired .||
|October 12, 2012 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/12/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Recognizing the innovative solutions and business achievements of its customers, Oracle today announced the recipients of its 2012 Oil and Gas Industry Excellence Awards, presented last week at Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco.
- The awards recognize the achievements of an oil and gas company from each of the industry's six sectors:
- Exploration and Production - Southwestern Energy (SWN)
- National Oil Company - Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Oil Operations (ADCO)
- Oilfield Services and Equipment Providers - National Oilwell Varco, Inc. (NOV)
- Drilling Company (Offshore) - Transocean
- Midstream (Pipeline) - Enterprise Products Partners L.P.
- Downstream - ADNOC Distribution
Exploration and Production - Southwestern Energy
- Southwestern Energy, an independent energy company, involved in the exploration, development and production of natural gas and crude oil in North America, replaced its aging customized and siloed systems with an integrated Oracle platform.
- It transformed its business processes to operate as a world-class, entrepreneurial exploration and production organization and gained the ability to effectively integrate future acquisitions and expansion of existing operations.
- With Oracle's integrated global platform for enterprise resource management, upstream, human resources, business intelligence and financial planning, SWN has created a single source of truth for master data elements, including well sites, leases/contracts, suppliers, customers and employees. It also has streamlined compliance with internal and external audit and regulatory requirements and has significantly reduced its information technology (IT) budget thanks to a simplified and unified business intelligence infrastructure built on Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition, Oracle Business Intelligence Applications, Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle WebCenter Portal, Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic.
National Oil Company - ADCO
- ADCO, which operates onshore and in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi's shallow coastal water, was facing significant data management challenges, including corporate data governance, corporate performance management and business intelligence hurdles. In addition ADCO wanted to capture and analyze exploration and production information in real time to manage its corporate data on a single platform with common definitions and standards.
- To improve operational efficiency, the company developed an Oracle based Master Data Management solution in conjunction with the Professional Petroleum Data Management (PPDM) data model to be hosted on Oracle Exadata Database Machine as part of the company's high-performance data management solution. ADCO now has the foundation for a single data access gateway to provide a holistic view of drilling and production information and greater control for In/Out data delivery. Oracle's solutions have empowered ADCO to realize its goal for a single source of business information.
Oil Field Services and Equipment Provider - National Oilwell Varco (NOV)
- National Oilwell Varco (NOV), which provides equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations, oilfield services and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry, looked to standardize its business processes as it continued to expand rapidly.
- The Rig Technology Division has standardized on the Oracle E-Business Suite. The division relies on Oracle Managed Cloud Services to provide hosting, management, disaster recovery and governance risk and compliance helping to manage corporate and financial risk.
- The Rig Technology Division manages its global supply chain using Oracle's manufacturing and supply chain planning applications including Oracle's Demantra and Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning -- which are also delivered via Oracle Managed Cloud Services. The division also has deployed Oracle Manufacturing Execution System and Oracle Mobile Supply Chain applications for its workforce around the world.
- Other NOV business units have successfully standardized on Oracle applications and technology, including Oracle Financials, Oracle Human Resources, Oracle Fusion Talent Management Cloud Service, Oracle's JD Edwards Enterprise One for manufacturing and financials, Oracle Database and Oracle Exadata Database Machine.
- With its extensive Oracle footprint, NOV now shares the right information with relevant team members in a timely fashion for greater operational visibility and insight.
Drilling - Transocean
- Transocean is a leading international provider of offshore contract drilling services specializing in technically demanding sectors of the global offshore drilling business with a particular focus on deepwater and harsh environment drilling services. Transocean's employees are focused on safely delivering best-in-class performance for its customers.
- The company faced several important challenges, including the need to monitor its financial and operational performance; improve data timeliness and quality; and provide visibility of the data to all levels of management.
- The company created a business intelligence foundation using Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition. This platform has enabled the company to have one version of truth for all enterprise-wide reporting and allowed for the consolidations of its Oracle's PeopleSoft Financials, PeopleSoft Procurement, PeopleSoft Enterprise Asset Management, and PeopleSoft Human Capital Management reports. Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition allows management to focus less on administration and more on strategic oversight.
Midstream - Enterprise Products Partners L.P.
- Enterprise Product Partners L.P., one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals faced a series of challenges. These challenges included non-supported asset management systems, maintaining complex integrations between multiple fragmented systems, and the need for expanded business intelligence.
- Enterprise Product Partners completed an upgrade of the Oracle E-Business Suite Financials and Human Resources Management System in May 2011. This upgrade enhanced and expanded functionality and added Oracle Business Intelligence reporting capabilities for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Treasury, Property Accounting, Financial Accounting, Human Resources and Payroll. Hitachi Consulting was the Systems Integrator. Alvarez and Marsal was the Project Management Office.
- Enterprise Products Partners plans to implement Oracle Enterprise Asset Management, Oracle Supply Chain Management, Oracle Project Costing, Oracle Time and Labor, Oracle WebCenter Content, Oracle iLearning and Oracle Business Intelligence reporting and analytical dashboards in the spring of 2013. This will enable streamlined business processes to improve visibility and support for the company's future growth.
Downstream - ADNOC Distribution
- ADNOC Distribution, an integrated energy company that markets and distributes petroleum products and services within the United Arab Emirates and internationally, faced several business and IT challenges related to its rapid growth. These included the need to effectively manage more than $100 million in financial transactions annually and a transaction growth rate of 15 percent annually. It also needed to support more than 3,000 users on its IT infrastructure and accommodate a database that was growing exponentially. To clear a path for continued growth, ADNOC Distribution defined a strategic roadmap to ensure that IT projects were aligned with business vision.
- ADNOC Distribution implemented an Oracle Exadata Database Machine platform, which has delivered dramatic performance improvement for its legacy applications, enabled faster access to business intelligence and improved its ability to support business expansion projects.
- "Southwestern Energy, ADCO, NOV, Transocean, Enterprise Products and ADNOC Distribution are each leaders in their sectors and have shown outstanding business leadership, innovation and technology achievement," said Charles Karren, director, oil and gas industry strategy for Oracle. "Oracle is proud to recognize their achievements and contribute to their successes as these companies provide energy to the world in a cost-effective and safe manner."
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the oil and gas industry helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) provides the most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems in the world. For more information about Oracle, visit oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Businesses and business units of all sizes can benefit from cloud computing, but many don't want the cost, performance and security concerns of public cloud nor the complexity of building their own private clouds. Today, some cloud vendors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify cloud deployment and management. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ajay Gulati, Co-founder and CEO of ZeroStack, will discuss how AI can simplify cloud operations. He will cover the following topics: why clou...
Dec. 7, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 923
"We are a custom software development, engineering firm. We specialize in cloud applications from helping customers that have on-premise applications migrating to the cloud, to helping customers design brand new apps in the cloud. And we specialize in mobile apps," explained Peter Di Stefano, Vice President of Marketing at Impiger Technologies, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 271
IoT solutions exploit operational data generated by Internet-connected smart “things” for the purpose of gaining operational insight and producing “better outcomes” (for example, create new business models, eliminate unscheduled maintenance, etc.). The explosive proliferation of IoT solutions will result in an exponential growth in the volume of IoT data, precipitating significant Information Governance issues: who owns the IoT data, what are the rights/duties of IoT solutions adopters towards t...
Dec. 7, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 220
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 7, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,730
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 7, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,911
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 7, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,670
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation; Alan Williamson, Principal...
Dec. 7, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 316
"Qosmos has launched L7Viewer, a network traffic analysis tool, so it analyzes all the traffic between the virtual machine and the data center and the virtual machine and the external world," stated Sebastien Synold, Product Line Manager at Qosmos, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 778
President Obama recently announced the launch of a new national awareness campaign to "encourage more Americans to move beyond passwords – adding an extra layer of security like a fingerprint or codes sent to your cellphone." The shift from single passwords to multi-factor authentication couldn’t be timelier or more strategic. This session will focus on why passwords alone are no longer effective, and why the time to act is now. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Chris Webber, security strateg...
Dec. 7, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 301
Effectively SMBs and government programs must address compounded regulatory compliance requirements. The most recent are Controlled Unclassified Information and the EU's GDPR have Board Level implications. Managing sensitive data protection will likely result in acquisition criteria, demonstration requests and new requirements. Developers, as part of the pre-planning process and the associated supply chain, could benefit from updating their code libraries and design by incorporating changes. In...
Dec. 7, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,268
In his session at Cloud Expo, Robert Cohen, an economist and senior fellow at the Economic Strategy Institute, provideed economic scenarios that describe how the rapid adoption of software-defined everything including cloud services, SDDC and open networking will change GDP, industry growth, productivity and jobs. This session also included a drill down for several industries such as finance, social media, cloud service providers and pharmaceuticals.
Dec. 7, 2016 03:48 PM EST Reads: 209
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 7, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 2,245
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 7, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 1,768
"IoT is going to be a huge industry with a lot of value for end users, for industries, for consumers, for manufacturers. How can we use cloud to effectively manage IoT applications," stated Ian Khan, Innovation & Marketing Manager at Solgeniakhela, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 4,308
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, drew together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established compa...
Dec. 7, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 939