|By Marketwired .||
|October 12, 2012 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/12/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Recognizing the innovative solutions and business achievements of its customers, Oracle today announced the recipients of its 2012 Oil and Gas Industry Excellence Awards, presented last week at Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco.
- The awards recognize the achievements of an oil and gas company from each of the industry's six sectors:
- Exploration and Production - Southwestern Energy (SWN)
- National Oil Company - Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Oil Operations (ADCO)
- Oilfield Services and Equipment Providers - National Oilwell Varco, Inc. (NOV)
- Drilling Company (Offshore) - Transocean
- Midstream (Pipeline) - Enterprise Products Partners L.P.
- Downstream - ADNOC Distribution
Exploration and Production - Southwestern Energy
- Southwestern Energy, an independent energy company, involved in the exploration, development and production of natural gas and crude oil in North America, replaced its aging customized and siloed systems with an integrated Oracle platform.
- It transformed its business processes to operate as a world-class, entrepreneurial exploration and production organization and gained the ability to effectively integrate future acquisitions and expansion of existing operations.
- With Oracle's integrated global platform for enterprise resource management, upstream, human resources, business intelligence and financial planning, SWN has created a single source of truth for master data elements, including well sites, leases/contracts, suppliers, customers and employees. It also has streamlined compliance with internal and external audit and regulatory requirements and has significantly reduced its information technology (IT) budget thanks to a simplified and unified business intelligence infrastructure built on Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition, Oracle Business Intelligence Applications, Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle WebCenter Portal, Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic.
National Oil Company - ADCO
- ADCO, which operates onshore and in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi's shallow coastal water, was facing significant data management challenges, including corporate data governance, corporate performance management and business intelligence hurdles. In addition ADCO wanted to capture and analyze exploration and production information in real time to manage its corporate data on a single platform with common definitions and standards.
- To improve operational efficiency, the company developed an Oracle based Master Data Management solution in conjunction with the Professional Petroleum Data Management (PPDM) data model to be hosted on Oracle Exadata Database Machine as part of the company's high-performance data management solution. ADCO now has the foundation for a single data access gateway to provide a holistic view of drilling and production information and greater control for In/Out data delivery. Oracle's solutions have empowered ADCO to realize its goal for a single source of business information.
Oil Field Services and Equipment Provider - National Oilwell Varco (NOV)
- National Oilwell Varco (NOV), which provides equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations, oilfield services and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry, looked to standardize its business processes as it continued to expand rapidly.
- The Rig Technology Division has standardized on the Oracle E-Business Suite. The division relies on Oracle Managed Cloud Services to provide hosting, management, disaster recovery and governance risk and compliance helping to manage corporate and financial risk.
- The Rig Technology Division manages its global supply chain using Oracle's manufacturing and supply chain planning applications including Oracle's Demantra and Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning -- which are also delivered via Oracle Managed Cloud Services. The division also has deployed Oracle Manufacturing Execution System and Oracle Mobile Supply Chain applications for its workforce around the world.
- Other NOV business units have successfully standardized on Oracle applications and technology, including Oracle Financials, Oracle Human Resources, Oracle Fusion Talent Management Cloud Service, Oracle's JD Edwards Enterprise One for manufacturing and financials, Oracle Database and Oracle Exadata Database Machine.
- With its extensive Oracle footprint, NOV now shares the right information with relevant team members in a timely fashion for greater operational visibility and insight.
Drilling - Transocean
- Transocean is a leading international provider of offshore contract drilling services specializing in technically demanding sectors of the global offshore drilling business with a particular focus on deepwater and harsh environment drilling services. Transocean's employees are focused on safely delivering best-in-class performance for its customers.
- The company faced several important challenges, including the need to monitor its financial and operational performance; improve data timeliness and quality; and provide visibility of the data to all levels of management.
- The company created a business intelligence foundation using Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition. This platform has enabled the company to have one version of truth for all enterprise-wide reporting and allowed for the consolidations of its Oracle's PeopleSoft Financials, PeopleSoft Procurement, PeopleSoft Enterprise Asset Management, and PeopleSoft Human Capital Management reports. Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition allows management to focus less on administration and more on strategic oversight.
Midstream - Enterprise Products Partners L.P.
- Enterprise Product Partners L.P., one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals faced a series of challenges. These challenges included non-supported asset management systems, maintaining complex integrations between multiple fragmented systems, and the need for expanded business intelligence.
- Enterprise Product Partners completed an upgrade of the Oracle E-Business Suite Financials and Human Resources Management System in May 2011. This upgrade enhanced and expanded functionality and added Oracle Business Intelligence reporting capabilities for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Treasury, Property Accounting, Financial Accounting, Human Resources and Payroll. Hitachi Consulting was the Systems Integrator. Alvarez and Marsal was the Project Management Office.
- Enterprise Products Partners plans to implement Oracle Enterprise Asset Management, Oracle Supply Chain Management, Oracle Project Costing, Oracle Time and Labor, Oracle WebCenter Content, Oracle iLearning and Oracle Business Intelligence reporting and analytical dashboards in the spring of 2013. This will enable streamlined business processes to improve visibility and support for the company's future growth.
Downstream - ADNOC Distribution
- ADNOC Distribution, an integrated energy company that markets and distributes petroleum products and services within the United Arab Emirates and internationally, faced several business and IT challenges related to its rapid growth. These included the need to effectively manage more than $100 million in financial transactions annually and a transaction growth rate of 15 percent annually. It also needed to support more than 3,000 users on its IT infrastructure and accommodate a database that was growing exponentially. To clear a path for continued growth, ADNOC Distribution defined a strategic roadmap to ensure that IT projects were aligned with business vision.
- ADNOC Distribution implemented an Oracle Exadata Database Machine platform, which has delivered dramatic performance improvement for its legacy applications, enabled faster access to business intelligence and improved its ability to support business expansion projects.
- "Southwestern Energy, ADCO, NOV, Transocean, Enterprise Products and ADNOC Distribution are each leaders in their sectors and have shown outstanding business leadership, innovation and technology achievement," said Charles Karren, director, oil and gas industry strategy for Oracle. "Oracle is proud to recognize their achievements and contribute to their successes as these companies provide energy to the world in a cost-effective and safe manner."
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the oil and gas industry helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) provides the most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems in the world. For more information about Oracle, visit oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Aug. 2, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,691
In their session at 17th Cloud Expo, Hal Schwartz, CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), and Chuck Paolillo, CTO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), provide a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. In his role as CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), Hal Schwartz provides leadership and direction for the company.
Aug. 2, 2015 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 157
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Aug. 2, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 168
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Aug. 1, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 666
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 1, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 491
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducte...
Aug. 1, 2015 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 337
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Aug. 1, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 523
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Aug. 1, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 463
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Aug. 1, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 185
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Aug. 1, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 218
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 327
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, analyzed a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discussed the benefits/challenges of migrating to each offe...
Aug. 1, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 143
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Aug. 1, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 192
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Aug. 1, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 396
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Aug. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 319