|By PR Newswire||
|November 3, 2012 12:55 PM EDT||
NEWARK, N.J., Nov. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- PSE&G has restored service to 65 percent of those who lost power in Hurricane Sandy. In the last 24 hours, we restored service to all major gas refineries and 75% of the schools in our service territory.
Also in the last 24 hours we energized all of our switching stations and restored 16 substations. While energizing switching and substations does not automatically turn the lights on, it is a major step forward and allows us to focus on our distribution systems that are closer to the customer.
Currently about 73 percent of all PSE&G customers have power while 607,000 customers are still without power. At its peak, the storm impacted 1.7 million of PSE&G's 2.2 million electric customers.
The switching stations that were re-energized are the backbone of our system and they feed substations which we continue to work around the clock to restore. The 16 substations that we restored in the last 24 hours serve parts of Union Township, Kenilworth, Cranford, and Roselle Park, Bound Brook, Port Newark, Ironbound section of Newark, Hillside, Irvington, Elizabeth, North Plainfield, Bayonne, Jersey City, Linden and Carteret.
We currently have 2,794 mutual aid line workers and tree contractors from out-of-state helping us on the ground. An additional 319 new workers are due today and 300 more are being sent from Washington, DC. Another 102 out-of-state personnel who specialize in substations are here assisting our efforts.
PSE&G is focusing its efforts this weekend on those areas where we can restore power to the maximum number of customers. In addition to the municipalities listed below, we continue to address priority customers including hospitals, public safety facilities, schools and water systems throughout our service territory.
Here is a summary of this weekend's restoration work schedule:
- PSE&G has been working to restore the substations serving Jersey City and Bayonne and hopes to restore service to over 85% of those cities today. PSE&G and out-of-state crews will be working in those areas all weekend.
- The utility expects the vast majority of its customers in Union City and West New York will have power by Saturday evening.
- Of the 306,900 customers in Hudson County, 225,480 lost electricity. As of Saturday morning, 99,400 were still without power.
- In Hoboken, extensive flooding is preventing PSE&G from repairing three of the substations that serve the town. It will take an extended period of time to restore service. PSE&G is working with FEMA to get generators to strategic locations in Hoboken to provide relief while the utility works to repair severely damaged and flooded substations.
- Exxon and Hess refineries have power.
- Of the 346,260 customers in Essex County, 251,000 customers lost electricity. As of Saturday morning, 122,400 customers remain out of service.
- PSE&G has restored service to 65% of the customers in Newark and will be working in the city all weekend.
- Crews will be also be focusing on Irvington, West Orange, Montclair, East Orange, Bloomfield, Maplewood, Orange and Belleville this weekend.
- Of the 333,690 customers in Bergen County, 215,770 lost electricity. As of Saturday morning, 142,100 customers remained without power.
- Crews will be focusing on Teaneck, Englewood, Ridgewood, Fort Lee, Paramus, Bergenfield, Palisades Park, New Milford, River Edge, Glen Rock, Tenafly, Hackensack, Lodi and Bogota this weekend.
- Of the 137,340 customers in Mercer County, 94,000 lost electricity. As of Saturday morning, 10,500 remained without power.
- Crews will be focusing on Princeton Township, Ewing Township, Lawrence Township, West Windsor, Trenton, Hopewell, Princeton Borough, Hamilton Township and Pennington this weekend.
- Of the 165,350 customers in Burlington County, 71,600 lost electricity. As of Saturday morning, 6,000 remained without power.
- Crews will be focusing on Moorestown, Willingboro, Maple Shade, Mt. Laurel and Delran this weekend.
- Of the 173,000 customers in Passaic County, 87,000 lost electricity. As of Saturday morning, 53,000 remained without power.
- Crews will be focusing on Paterson, Clifton, Passaic and Wayne this weekend.
- Power was lost last night in part of Totowa as a result of a car accident that took out a utility pole.
- Of the 161,000 customers in Passaic County, 27,800 lost electricity. As of Saturday morning, 5,000 remained without power.
- Crews will be focusing on Cherry Hill, Camden and Pennsauken this weekend.
- Of the 192,340 customers in Union County, 177,860 lost electricity. As of Saturday morning, 73,000 remained without power.
- Crews will be focusing on Elizabeth, Union, Plainfield, Linden and Westfield this weekend. Work in Elizabeth and Union will continue into Monday.
- Of the 250,350 customers in Middlesex County, 217,400 customers lost electricity. As of Saturday morning, 61,000 remained without power.
- Crews will be focusing on Edison, Piscataway, Woodbridge and East Brunswick
- Of the 103,500 customers in Somerset County, 83,940 lost electricity. As of Saturday morning, 31,700 remained without power.
- Crews will be focusing on Franklin Township this weekend.
** The restoration work schedule for Monday and Tuesday will be available on Sunday.
PSE&G's Mobile Customer Service Centers: To provide relief to particularly hard hit communities, PSE&G has established mobile Customer Service Centers (CSCs). These locations are providing ice, drinking water and power strips for recharging devices to PSE&G customers at no cost. Food is being given out at PSE&G's centers in Newark, Jersey City and Hoboken. PSE&G representatives are staffing these centers to provide customers with information about the utility's efforts to restore power. The current list of PSE&G Mobile CSCs is as follows.
Hours of Ops
CVS Parking Lot
Red Neck Grove
Paramus Park Mall
Westside and Claremont Ave
St James Church Parking Lot (Elm St and Madison St)
Public Service Electric and Gas Company (PSE&G) is New Jersey's oldest and largest regulated gas and electric delivery utility, serving nearly three-quarters of the state's population. PSE&G is the winner of the Reliability One Award for superior electric system reliability. PSE&G is a subsidiary of Public Service Enterprise Group Incorporated (PSEG) (NYSE:PEG), a diversified energy company (www.pseg.com)
Want to know what's new at PSEG? Go to www.pseg.com/getnews and sign up to have our press releases sent right to your inbox.
SOURCE Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG)
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Aug. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 939
SYS-CON Events announced today Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Aug. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,016
SYS-CON Events announced today that Adobe has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Adobe is changing the world though digital experiences. Adobe helps customers develop and deliver high-impact experiences that differentiate brands, build loyalty, and drive revenue across every screen, including smartphones, computers, tablets and TVs. Adobe content solutions are used daily by millions of co...
Aug. 30, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,737
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Aug. 30, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 621
Pulzze Systems was happy to participate in such a premier event and thankful to be receiving the winning investment and global network support from G-Startup Worldwide. It is an exciting time for Pulzze to showcase the effectiveness of innovative technologies and enable them to make the world smarter and better. The reputable contest is held to identify promising startups around the globe that are assured to change the world through their innovative products and disruptive technologies. There w...
Aug. 30, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 856
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pulzze Systems will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Pulzze Systems, Inc. provides infrastructure products for the Internet of Things to enable any connected device and system to carry out matched operations without programming. For more information, visit http://www.pulzzesystems.com.
Aug. 30, 2016 01:20 PM EDT Reads: 178
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Aug. 30, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,058
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 30, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,224
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitrons Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Hitrons Solutions Inc. is distributor in the North American market for unique products and services of small and medium-size businesses, including cloud services and solutions, SEO marketing platforms, and mobile applications.
Aug. 30, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 792
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Aug. 30, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 400
As the world moves toward more DevOps and Microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The Microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. Serverless computing is revolutionizing computing. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Raghav...
Aug. 30, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,070
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, a leading provider of middleware modernization, integration, and management solutions, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Aug. 30, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 884
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at EMC, will introduce a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organizati...
Aug. 30, 2016 09:08 AM EDT Reads: 278
Enterprises have forever faced challenges surrounding the sharing of their intellectual property. Emerging cloud adoption has made it more compelling for enterprises to digitize their content, making them available over a wide variety of devices across the Internet. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Santosh Ahuja, Director of Architecture at Impiger Technologies, will introduce various mechanisms provided by cloud service providers today to manage and share digital content in a secure manner....
Aug. 30, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 916
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at DevOps Summit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, cutting-edge enterprise web applications for desktop and mobile. SmartClient combines the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software with the simp...
Aug. 30, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,483