|By PR Newswire||
|November 13, 2012 05:36 PM EST||
Five new members bring public and private sector expertise to group's nationwide legislative and regulatory reform activities
WASHINGTON, Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A former chief medical officer of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), pharmaceutical executive, and insurance industry legal counsel are among the five new members elected to the National Patient Advocacy Foundation (NPAF) Executive Board of Directors for 2013.
Members of the executive board – comprised of a network of research and community oncologists, attorneys, legislators, healthcare industry representatives, and advocates – lend their knowledge and expertise to NPAF's goal of providing the patient voice in improving access to, and reimbursement for, high-quality healthcare through regulatory and legislative reform.
"We are so pleased and excited to welcome this group of renowned experts to NPAF's Executive Board, and look forward to working with them in order to improve the lives of the countless Americans who depend on us to advocate for their healthcare," said Nancy Davenport-Ennis, NPAF's Chair and Chief Executive Officer. "Our board members are invaluable to ensuring the voices of patients served in the Patient Advocate Foundation, the companion organization to NPAF, are represented in the policy positions presented by NPAF in Washington, DC and in the fifty states. We appreciate their leadership and willingness to lend their time and talents to such an important endeavor."
Joining the 12 existing members of NPAF's board are:
- Barry M. Straube, MD, Director at the Marwood Group, is an expert in federal regulatory issues being addressed by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Dr. Straube provides health care advisory and financial services to institutional investors, corporations and trade associations. Prior to joining the Marwood Group in 2011, he was Chief Medical Officer for CMS, as well as the Director of the CMS Office of Clinical Standards & Quality (OCSQ). Serving in those roles from 2005-2011, his office led Medicare coverage decision-making; quality standards oversight for U.S. healthcare facilities; quality measurement and health assessment tools; information technology systems for clinical quality data; quality improvement/innovation plus value-based purchasing initiatives; and many other activities in the Medicare, Medicaid and CHIP programs, not the least of which included implementation of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010. Dr. Straube also serves on multiple scientific and public policy Advisory Boards.
- John Caldwell, CPA, MST, CGMA, Managing Partner, Malvin, Riggins & Company, PC, is an expert in accounting and financial services management. As a certified public accountant, Mr. Caldwell provides professional accounting, tax and small business advisory services to individual and business clients through his national consulting agencies in eight states.
- John Harrington is the recently retired Chief Commercial Officer for Sanofi-Aventis Oncology after nearly forty years of service. Mr. Harrington was responsible for the Global Marketing and Sales responsibilities for the Sanofi-Aventis Oncology Portfolio. In addition to his extensive experience in the pharmaceutical industry, he is active in the cancer community, including serving as a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). Mr. Harrington is widely regarded as an expert in health in pharma-bio technology development and marketing issues, as well as the role of advocacy relationships with industry.
- Diane Mauk, Founder of Software Architects, LLC: Mrs. Mauk provides strategic project management and solutions architecture for large-scale identity management and health IT systems through her company Software Architects, LLC. Since 2010, Mrs. Mauk has served on the Board of BrainWaves, an organization focused on raising funds in support of the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation. Mrs. Mauk is regarded as an expert in software development and nonprofit fundraising.
- Otis Maynard, Associate General Counsel for United Health Group: With United Health Group, Mr. Maynard provides legal support to Benefit Operations in the Employer and Individual business segment. He serves on the Community Relations Committee for the Connecticut Children's Medical Center, is engaged with various mentoring activities for minority students in his community and is an active mentor with the Law School Mentoring Program sponsored by the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity. Mr. Maynard is regarded as an expert in health insurance issues nationally with personal diversity with nonprofit services of board of directors at Connecticut's Children's Medical Center.
SOURCE National Patient Advocate Foundation
"Alert Logic is a managed security service provider that basically deploys technologies, but we support those technologies with the people and process behind it," stated Stephen Coty, Chief Security Evangelist at Alert Logic, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 28, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 264
"We specialize in testing. DevOps is all about continuous delivery and accelerating the delivery pipeline and there is no continuous delivery without testing," noted Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect at Spirent Communications, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 28, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 334
"ProfitBricks was founded in 2010 and we are the painless cloud - and we are also the Infrastructure as a Service 2.0 company," noted Achim Weiss, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder of ProfitBricks, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 28, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,079
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Jul. 28, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 188
"We do data integration for B2B also application to application, and we do data management and enable Big Data," explained Pat Adamiak, Vice President, Product Marketing at Liaison Technologies, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 28, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 303
The Cloud industry has moved from being more than just being able to provide infrastructure and management services on the Cloud. Enter a new era of Cloud computing where monetization’s services through the Cloud are an essential piece of strategy to feed your organizations bottom-line, your revenue and Profitability. In their session at 16th Cloud Expo, Ermanno Bonifazi, CEO & Founder of Solgenia, and Ian Khan, Global Strategic Positioning & Brand Manager at Solgenia, discussed how to easily o...
Jul. 28, 2015 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 336
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Jul. 28, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,654
Palerra, the cloud security automation company, announced enhanced support for Amazon AWS, allowing IT security and DevOps teams to automate activity and configuration monitoring, anomaly detection, and orchestrated remediation, thereby meeting compliance mandates within complex infrastructure deployments. "Monitoring and threat detection for AWS is a non-trivial task. While Amazon's flexible environment facilitates successful DevOps implementations, it adds another layer, which can become a ...
Jul. 27, 2015 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 269
The speed of software changes in growing and large scale rapid-paced DevOps environments presents a challenge for continuous testing. Many organizations struggle to get this right. Practices that work for small scale continuous testing may not be sufficient as the requirements grow. In his session at DevOps Summit, Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect of DevOps continuous test solutions at Spirent Communications, explained the best practices of continuous testing at high scale, which is rele...
Jul. 27, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,318
"We got started as search consultants. On the services side of the business we have help organizations save time and save money when they hit issues that everyone more or less hits when their data grows," noted Otis Gospodnetić, Founder of Sematext, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 27, 2015 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 973
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, S...
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,027
Delphix, the market leader in Data as a Service (DaaS), has been announced winner of the DevOps Solution Award at the prestigious Computing Vendor Excellence Awards in London. The awards celebrate the achievements of the technology vendors and service providers that are leading the field of enterprise IT. Delphix was recognised as the vendor demonstrating the most effective support of DevOps culture for its ability to improve time to market and collaboration between teams.
Jul. 27, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 258
"Our biggest growth area has been the security services, the managed services - the things that differentiate us in the market that there is no client that's too small and there's no client that's too big," explained Paul Mazzucco, Chief Security Officer at TierPoint, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 27, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 308
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 27, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 519
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Jul. 27, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,333