|By Marketwired .||
|November 15, 2012 11:34 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA and JAKARTA, INDONESIA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/15/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- PT Perusahaan Gas Negara (Persero) Tbk ("PGN"), Indonesia's largest natural gas transportation and distribution company, has successfully implemented Oracle Enterprise Governance, Risk, and Compliance Manager (Oracle Enterprise GRC Manager) and Oracle Enterprise Governance, Risk, and Compliance Intelligence (Oracle Enterprise GRC Intelligence), part of Oracle Fusion Applications.
- PGN selected Oracle Enterprise GRC Manager and Enterprise GRC Intelligence to meet regulatory compliance, risk management and control requirements after conducting a multi-stage assessment of Oracle Fusion GRC in October 2011. The implementation was completed in June 2012.
- PGN believes Oracle Fusion GRC help provide a clear picture of the PGN risk profile and identify risks of a critical nature and enabling an immediate and coordinated response. Furthermore, major casualties and other operational risks can be better predicted and mitigated using automated processes within Oracle Fusion GRC.
- PGN has also implemented Oracle Enterprise Performance Management to integrate financial and operational planning processes and improve predictability.
- Oracle's Siebel Contact Center and Service provides the backbone to PGN's customer service operations.
- PGN teamed with KPMG, a Platinum level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), for this project. KPMG provided implementation and integration services to PGN.
Built on a Standards-Based Platform for Risk Management and Compliance
- Oracle Enterprise GRC Manager supports cross-enterprise, risk-based modeling, analysis, treatment and decision making, allowing organizations to embed clear accountabilities for risk management and control across the enterprise.
- Combining qualitative and quantitative information in integrated dashboards and reports, Oracle Enterprise GRC Intelligence enables executives and managers to confidently identify and focus efforts on key risks and control issues including intelligence on access policy conflicts.
- PGN uses Oracle GRC Manager and Oracle Enterprise GRC Intelligence with the Oracle E-Business Suite, designed on open, standards-based architecture to provide support for non-Oracle packaged applications and bespoke applications in heterogeneous multi-vendor environments.
- "In so many organizations, gathering the necessary information and obtaining clear visibility of a risk profile can be a cumbersome and costly undertaking," said Mr. M. Wahid Sutopo, Director of Investment Planning and Risk Management, PT. Perusahaan Gas Negara (Persero) Tbk. "By implementing Oracle Fusion GRC, we can manage risk better because we have a single source of information across the enterprise and can automate risk and compliance processes in a real-time manner."
- "The greatest GRC challenge is creating a consolidated view of compliance, risk and internal controls," said Davian Omas, Country Manager Applications, Oracle Indonesia. "Oracle Fusion Governance, Risk and Compliance helps to address this challenge by preventing information silos and redundant tasks and providing the use of a single, consolidated repository for all GRC programs. This unified approach helps PGN establish the processes they will use for GRC initiatives, and also improve the predictability of their business results."
- Oracle Fusion Applications
- Oracle Fusion GRC
- Oracle Enterprise Governance, Risk, and Compliance Manager
- Fusion Governance, Risk, and Compliance Intelligence
- Oracle Fusion Applications
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- Oracle Enterprise Performance Management
- Siebel Contact Center and Service
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
In his General Session at DevOps Summit, Asaf Yigal, Co-Founder & VP of Product at Logz.io, explored the value of Kibana 4 for log analysis and provided a hands-on tutorial on how to set up Kibana 4 and get the most out of Apache log files. He examined three use cases: IT operations, business intelligence, and security and compliance. Asaf Yigal is co-founder and VP of Product at log analytics software company Logz.io. In the past, he was co-founder of social-trading platform Currensee, which...
Nov. 25, 2015 06:45 PM EST Reads: 114
Container technology is shaping the future of DevOps and it’s also changing the way organizations think about application development. With the rise of mobile applications in the enterprise, businesses are abandoning year-long development cycles and embracing technologies that enable rapid development and continuous deployment of apps. In his session at DevOps Summit, Kurt Collins, Developer Evangelist at Built.io, examined how Docker has evolved into a highly effective tool for application del...
Nov. 25, 2015 05:00 PM EST Reads: 299
Discussions of cloud computing have evolved in recent years from a focus on specific types of cloud, to a world of hybrid cloud, and to a world dominated by the APIs that make today's multi-cloud environments and hybrid clouds possible. In this Power Panel at 17th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the importance of customers being able to use the specific technologies they need, through environments and ecosystems that expose their APIs to make true ...
Nov. 25, 2015 04:15 PM EST Reads: 471
In recent years, at least 40% of companies using cloud applications have experienced data loss. One of the best prevention against cloud data loss is backing up your cloud data. In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sam McIntyre, Partner Enablement Specialist at eFolder, presented how organizations can use eFolder Cloudfinder to automate backups of cloud application data. He also demonstrated how easy it is to search and restore cloud application data using Cloudfinder.
Nov. 25, 2015 03:45 PM EST
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York and Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty ...
Nov. 25, 2015 02:45 PM EST Reads: 493
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 7-9, 2016 at Javits Center, New York City and Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 18th International @CloudExpo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Nov. 25, 2015 02:30 PM EST Reads: 503
The cloud. Like a comic book superhero, there seems to be no problem it can’t fix or cost it can’t slash. Yet making the transition is not always easy and production environments are still largely on premise. Taking some practical and sensible steps to reduce risk can also help provide a basis for a successful cloud transition. A plethora of surveys from the likes of IDG and Gartner show that more than 70 percent of enterprises have deployed at least one or more cloud application or workload. Y...
Nov. 25, 2015 02:15 PM EST Reads: 423
Cloud computing delivers on-demand resources that provide businesses with flexibility and cost-savings. The challenge in moving workloads to the cloud has been the cost and complexity of ensuring the initial and ongoing security and regulatory (PCI, HIPAA, FFIEC) compliance across private and public clouds. Manual security compliance is slow, prone to human error, and represents over 50% of the cost of managing cloud applications. Determining how to automate cloud security compliance is critical...
Nov. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 350
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Day 2 Keynote at 17th Cloud Expo, San...
Nov. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 507
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing & protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection & E-Discovery of your data - whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise.
Nov. 25, 2015 01:45 PM EST
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Nov. 25, 2015 01:30 PM EST Reads: 464
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, explored the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving t...
Nov. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 362
There are over 120 breakout sessions in all, with Keynotes, General Sessions, and Power Panels adding to three days of incredibly rich presentations and content. Join @ThingsExpo conference chair Roger Strukhoff (@IoT2040), June 7-9, 2016 in New York City, for three days of intense 'Internet of Things' discussion and focus, including Big Data's indespensable role in IoT, Smart Grids and Industrial Internet of Things, Wearables and Consumer IoT, as well as (new) IoT's use in Vertical Markets.
Nov. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 515
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
Nov. 25, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 428
We all know that data growth is exploding and storage budgets are shrinking. Instead of showing you charts on about how much data there is, in his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing at HGST, showed how to capture all of your data in one place. After you have your data under control, you can then analyze it in one place, saving time and resources.
Nov. 25, 2015 09:45 AM EST Reads: 115