|By Marketwired .||
|November 15, 2012 11:34 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA and JAKARTA, INDONESIA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/15/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- PT Perusahaan Gas Negara (Persero) Tbk ("PGN"), Indonesia's largest natural gas transportation and distribution company, has successfully implemented Oracle Enterprise Governance, Risk, and Compliance Manager (Oracle Enterprise GRC Manager) and Oracle Enterprise Governance, Risk, and Compliance Intelligence (Oracle Enterprise GRC Intelligence), part of Oracle Fusion Applications.
- PGN selected Oracle Enterprise GRC Manager and Enterprise GRC Intelligence to meet regulatory compliance, risk management and control requirements after conducting a multi-stage assessment of Oracle Fusion GRC in October 2011. The implementation was completed in June 2012.
- PGN believes Oracle Fusion GRC help provide a clear picture of the PGN risk profile and identify risks of a critical nature and enabling an immediate and coordinated response. Furthermore, major casualties and other operational risks can be better predicted and mitigated using automated processes within Oracle Fusion GRC.
- PGN has also implemented Oracle Enterprise Performance Management to integrate financial and operational planning processes and improve predictability.
- Oracle's Siebel Contact Center and Service provides the backbone to PGN's customer service operations.
- PGN teamed with KPMG, a Platinum level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), for this project. KPMG provided implementation and integration services to PGN.
Built on a Standards-Based Platform for Risk Management and Compliance
- Oracle Enterprise GRC Manager supports cross-enterprise, risk-based modeling, analysis, treatment and decision making, allowing organizations to embed clear accountabilities for risk management and control across the enterprise.
- Combining qualitative and quantitative information in integrated dashboards and reports, Oracle Enterprise GRC Intelligence enables executives and managers to confidently identify and focus efforts on key risks and control issues including intelligence on access policy conflicts.
- PGN uses Oracle GRC Manager and Oracle Enterprise GRC Intelligence with the Oracle E-Business Suite, designed on open, standards-based architecture to provide support for non-Oracle packaged applications and bespoke applications in heterogeneous multi-vendor environments.
- "In so many organizations, gathering the necessary information and obtaining clear visibility of a risk profile can be a cumbersome and costly undertaking," said Mr. M. Wahid Sutopo, Director of Investment Planning and Risk Management, PT. Perusahaan Gas Negara (Persero) Tbk. "By implementing Oracle Fusion GRC, we can manage risk better because we have a single source of information across the enterprise and can automate risk and compliance processes in a real-time manner."
- "The greatest GRC challenge is creating a consolidated view of compliance, risk and internal controls," said Davian Omas, Country Manager Applications, Oracle Indonesia. "Oracle Fusion Governance, Risk and Compliance helps to address this challenge by preventing information silos and redundant tasks and providing the use of a single, consolidated repository for all GRC programs. This unified approach helps PGN establish the processes they will use for GRC initiatives, and also improve the predictability of their business results."
- Oracle Fusion Applications
- Oracle Fusion GRC
- Oracle Enterprise Governance, Risk, and Compliance Manager
- Fusion Governance, Risk, and Compliance Intelligence
- Oracle Fusion Applications
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- Oracle Enterprise Performance Management
- Siebel Contact Center and Service
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
"I think that everyone recognizes that for IoT to really realize its full potential and value that it is about creating ecosystems and marketplaces and that no single vendor is able to support what is required," explained Esmeralda Swartz, VP, Marketing Enterprise and Cloud at Ericsson, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Mar. 30, 2017 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,578
Most companies are adopting or evaluating container technology - Docker in particular - to speed up application deployment, drive down cost, ease management and make application delivery more flexible overall. As with most new architectures, this dream takes a lot of work to become a reality. Even when you do get your application componentized enough and packaged properly, there are still challenges for DevOps teams to making the shift to continuous delivery and achieving that reduction in cost ...
Mar. 30, 2017 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 465
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Mar. 30, 2017 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,149
After more than five years of DevOps, definitions are evolving, boundaries are expanding, ‘unicorns’ are no longer rare, enterprises are on board, and pundits are moving on. Can we now look at an evolution of DevOps? Should we? Is the foundation of DevOps ‘done’, or is there still too much left to do? What is mature, and what is still missing? What does the next 5 years of DevOps look like? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by DevOps Summit Conference Chair Andi Mann, panelists l...
Mar. 30, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 10,105
Virtualization over the past years has become a key strategy for IT to acquire multi-tenancy, increase utilization, develop elasticity and improve security. And virtual machines (VMs) are quickly becoming a main vehicle for developing and deploying applications. The introduction of containers seems to be bringing another and perhaps overlapped solution for achieving the same above-mentioned benefits. Are a container and a virtual machine fundamentally the same or different? And how? Is one techn...
Mar. 30, 2017 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,345
My team embarked on building a data lake for our sales and marketing data to better understand customer journeys. This required building a hybrid data pipeline to connect our cloud CRM with the new Hadoop Data Lake. One challenge is that IT was not in a position to provide support until we proved value and marketing did not have the experience, so we embarked on the journey ourselves within the product marketing team for our line of business within Progress. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Sum...
Mar. 30, 2017 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,372
MongoDB Atlas leverages VPC peering for AWS, a service that allows multiple VPC networks to interact. This includes VPCs that belong to other AWS account holders. By performing cross account VPC peering, users ensure networks that host and communicate their data are secure. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Jay Gordon, a Developer Advocate at MongoDB, will explain how to properly architect your VPC using existing AWS tools and then peer with your MongoDB Atlas cluster. He'll discuss the secur...
Mar. 30, 2017 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,010
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Mar. 30, 2017 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,279
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service.
Mar. 30, 2017 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,321
Niagara Networks exhibited at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which took place at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, in November 2016. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Mar. 30, 2017 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,496
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Mar. 30, 2017 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,166
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Mar. 30, 2017 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,667
What sort of WebRTC based applications can we expect to see over the next year and beyond? One way to predict development trends is to see what sorts of applications startups are building. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Arin Sime, founder of WebRTC.ventures, will discuss the current and likely future trends in WebRTC application development based on real requests for custom applications from real customers, as well as other public sources of information,
Mar. 30, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,273
DevOps tends to focus on the relationship between Dev and Ops, putting an emphasis on the ops and application infrastructure. But that’s changing with microservices architectures. In her session at DevOps Summit, Lori MacVittie, Evangelist for F5 Networks, will focus on how microservices are changing the underlying architectures needed to scale, secure and deliver applications based on highly distributed (micro) services and why that means an expansion into “the network” for DevOps.
Mar. 30, 2017 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 8,370
In his session at Cloud Expo, Alan Winters, an entertainment executive/TV producer turned serial entrepreneur, will present a success story of an entrepreneur who has both suffered through and benefited from offshore development across multiple businesses: The smart choice, or how to select the right offshore development partner Warning signs, or how to minimize chances of making the wrong choice Collaboration, or how to establish the most effective work processes Budget control, or how to max...
Mar. 30, 2017 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 776