|By Marketwired .||
|November 15, 2012 11:34 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA and JAKARTA, INDONESIA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/15/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- PT Perusahaan Gas Negara (Persero) Tbk ("PGN"), Indonesia's largest natural gas transportation and distribution company, has successfully implemented Oracle Enterprise Governance, Risk, and Compliance Manager (Oracle Enterprise GRC Manager) and Oracle Enterprise Governance, Risk, and Compliance Intelligence (Oracle Enterprise GRC Intelligence), part of Oracle Fusion Applications.
- PGN selected Oracle Enterprise GRC Manager and Enterprise GRC Intelligence to meet regulatory compliance, risk management and control requirements after conducting a multi-stage assessment of Oracle Fusion GRC in October 2011. The implementation was completed in June 2012.
- PGN believes Oracle Fusion GRC help provide a clear picture of the PGN risk profile and identify risks of a critical nature and enabling an immediate and coordinated response. Furthermore, major casualties and other operational risks can be better predicted and mitigated using automated processes within Oracle Fusion GRC.
- PGN has also implemented Oracle Enterprise Performance Management to integrate financial and operational planning processes and improve predictability.
- Oracle's Siebel Contact Center and Service provides the backbone to PGN's customer service operations.
- PGN teamed with KPMG, a Platinum level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), for this project. KPMG provided implementation and integration services to PGN.
Built on a Standards-Based Platform for Risk Management and Compliance
- Oracle Enterprise GRC Manager supports cross-enterprise, risk-based modeling, analysis, treatment and decision making, allowing organizations to embed clear accountabilities for risk management and control across the enterprise.
- Combining qualitative and quantitative information in integrated dashboards and reports, Oracle Enterprise GRC Intelligence enables executives and managers to confidently identify and focus efforts on key risks and control issues including intelligence on access policy conflicts.
- PGN uses Oracle GRC Manager and Oracle Enterprise GRC Intelligence with the Oracle E-Business Suite, designed on open, standards-based architecture to provide support for non-Oracle packaged applications and bespoke applications in heterogeneous multi-vendor environments.
- "In so many organizations, gathering the necessary information and obtaining clear visibility of a risk profile can be a cumbersome and costly undertaking," said Mr. M. Wahid Sutopo, Director of Investment Planning and Risk Management, PT. Perusahaan Gas Negara (Persero) Tbk. "By implementing Oracle Fusion GRC, we can manage risk better because we have a single source of information across the enterprise and can automate risk and compliance processes in a real-time manner."
- "The greatest GRC challenge is creating a consolidated view of compliance, risk and internal controls," said Davian Omas, Country Manager Applications, Oracle Indonesia. "Oracle Fusion Governance, Risk and Compliance helps to address this challenge by preventing information silos and redundant tasks and providing the use of a single, consolidated repository for all GRC programs. This unified approach helps PGN establish the processes they will use for GRC initiatives, and also improve the predictability of their business results."
- Oracle Fusion Applications
- Oracle Fusion GRC
- Oracle Enterprise Governance, Risk, and Compliance Manager
- Fusion Governance, Risk, and Compliance Intelligence
- Oracle Fusion Applications
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- Oracle Enterprise Performance Management
- Siebel Contact Center and Service
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Dec. 4, 2016 10:45 PM EST Reads: 1,652
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 4, 2016 10:45 PM EST Reads: 990
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 4, 2016 08:30 PM EST Reads: 1,799
Predictive analytics tools monitor, report, and troubleshoot in order to make proactive decisions about the health, performance, and utilization of storage. Most enterprises combine cloud and on-premise storage, resulting in blended environments of physical, virtual, cloud, and other platforms, which justifies more sophisticated storage analytics. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Peter McCallum, Vice President of Datacenter Solutions at FalconStor, discussed using predictive analytics to mon...
Dec. 4, 2016 07:00 PM EST Reads: 4,907
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Onalytica. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Dec. 4, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,029
"We are an all-flash array storage provider but our focus has been on VM-aware storage specifically for virtualized applications," stated Dhiraj Sehgal of Tintri in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 4, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 553
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Dec. 4, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,165
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 4, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,536
In IT, we sometimes coin terms for things before we know exactly what they are and how they’ll be used. The resulting terms may capture a common set of aspirations and goals – as “cloud” did broadly for on-demand, self-service, and flexible computing. But such a term can also lump together diverse and even competing practices, technologies, and priorities to the point where important distinctions are glossed over and lost.
Dec. 4, 2016 05:45 PM EST Reads: 1,519
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of Soli...
Dec. 4, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,640
"We're a cybersecurity firm that specializes in engineering security solutions both at the software and hardware level. Security cannot be an after-the-fact afterthought, which is what it's become," stated Richard Blech, Chief Executive Officer at Secure Channels, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 4, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 616
"IoT is going to be a huge industry with a lot of value for end users, for industries, for consumers, for manufacturers. How can we use cloud to effectively manage IoT applications," stated Ian Khan, Innovation & Marketing Manager at Solgeniakhela, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 4, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 4,166
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Dec. 4, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 3,254
Join Impiger for their featured webinar: ‘Cloud Computing: A Roadmap to Modern Software Delivery’ on November 10, 2016, at 12:00 pm CST. Very few companies have not experienced some impact to their IT delivery due to the evolution of cloud computing. This webinar is not about deciding whether you should entertain moving some or all of your IT to the cloud, but rather, a detailed look under the hood to help IT professionals understand how cloud adoption has evolved and what trends will impact th...
Dec. 4, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 2,526
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, discussed the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 4, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 2,003