|By Business Wire||
|November 21, 2012 01:00 AM EST||
Dassault Systèmes (Paris:DSY) (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, world leader in 3D design software, 3D Digital Mock Up and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, today announced the latest release of its 3DEXPERIENCE platform. V6 Release 2013x includes the general availability of Dassault Systèmes’ Simulation Lifecycle Management (SLM) capabilities, improved access to Big Data, new composite materials design capabilities, secured exchange workspaces for suppliers, and support for new STEP standards. This release also covers a strong set of industry solutions enhancements for consumer packaged goods, energy, aerospace and defense, transportation and mobility, marine and offshore, and high tech.
- Availability to all customers of the Simulation Lifecycle Management application. By managing simulation data, deploying best practices, and sharing simulation results, customers improve collaborative decision making and maximize their ROI in simulation. SLM is the result of extensive work in partnership with many customers in aerospace and defense, transportation and mobility and consumer packaged goods;
New enhancements on platform openness:
- Better access to Big Data thanks to a new connector for Hadoop HDFS, improved performance for WebSphere and SharePoint connectors, as well as new navigation and visualization options for data search, exploration and analysis;
- Support for the STEP AP242 standard, an automotive and aerospace standard which allows import and export of ISO standard BREP and tessellated data to enable engineering, exchange, and visualization for the adoption of a 3D master process; and
- Secure access to Supplier Exchange Workspaces.
New Enhancements on CATIA V6:
- Easy switching between online and offline mode for CATIA V6. At the click of a button when an Internet connection is not available, designers can protect IP and maintain data integrity. Before going into offline mode, the designer reserves parts for modification, and at the push of a button, these are downloaded to his laptop. Once back online, modified designs can be re-synchronized and active collaboration with the rest of the design team can resume; and
- New composites materials fiber simulation capabilities to optimize ply shapes and ensure accurate composites manufacturing. This technology, based on the recently acquired Simulayt, is routinely used to analyze complex surfaces, particularly in aerospace, motorsports and the energy sector.
“This new release of the 3DEXPERIENCE platform confirms our commitment to explore and realize state of the art applications while also improving the openness of our platform,” said Dominique Florack, Senior Executive Vice President, Products, R&D, Dassault Systèmes. “Each new release is the tangible proof that we care for customer requirements, but especially that we are inspired by their business goals.”
New enhancements for industry solutions:
- Systems enhancements tailored for the energy, aerospace & defense, transportation & mobility and industrial equipment industries, including five new dedicated model libraries to simulate and analyze the behavior of engine, electrical, hydro, liquid cooling and thermal power systems. V6R2013x also features requirements effectivity enhancements to support decision making on design configuration alternatives, enabling, for example, faster market reaction in high tech;
- Copy and artwork management for the consumer packaged goods and life sciences industries, including capabilities for product managers and other marketing professionals to define, review, and approve copy and artwork content leveraging the same data used during product development;
- Business data access and productivity enhancements to 3DVIA Store, the premier solution for simulating retailing and brand merchandising settings. For example, consumer packaged goods or consumer goods products in a gondola can be highlighted based on the value of key business indicators. Accessing business statistics information on the 3D shelf is a major step forward in merchandising decision making;
- A new marine & offshore manufacturing planning application provides the foundation for all 3DEXPERIENCE shipbuilding manufacturing solutions and delivers a dedicated environment to perform manufacturing process planning, and large manufacturing assembly definition; and
- Virtual 3D manikin posture prediction for the transportation & mobility industry via new Ergonomics for Vehicle Design within the DELMIA application.
For a detailed listing of new enhancements in V6 Release 2013x, please visit www.3ds.com/products/v6/latest-release.
About Dassault Systèmes
Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, provides business and people with virtual universes to imagine sustainable innovations. Its world-leading solutions transform the way products are designed, produced, and supported. Dassault Systèmes’ collaborative solutions foster social innovation, expanding possibilities for the virtual world to improve the real world. The group brings value to over 150,000 customers of all sizes, in all industries, in more than 140 countries. For more information, visit www.3ds.com.
CATIA, SOLIDWORKS, SIMULIA, DELMIA, ENOVIA, GEOVIA, EXALEAD, NETVIBES, 3DSWYM and 3D VIA are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, provided an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data professionals...
Dec. 9, 2016 07:00 AM EST Reads: 4,337
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2017 New York The 7th Internet of @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. Chris Matthieu is the co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, a revolutionary real-time IoT platform recently acquired by Citrix. Octoblu connects things, systems, people and clouds to a global mesh network allowing users to automate and control design flo...
Dec. 9, 2016 06:00 AM EST Reads: 821
You are moving to the Cloud. The question is not if, it’s when. Now that your competitors are in the cloud and lapping you, your “when” better hurry up and get here. But saying and doing are two different things. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Robert Reeves, CTO of Datical, explained how DevOps can be your onramp to the cloud. By adopting simple, platform independent DevOps strategies, you can accelerate your move to the cloud. Spoiler Alert: He also makes sure you don’t...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:00 AM EST Reads: 3,133
President Obama recently announced the launch of a new national awareness campaign to "encourage more Americans to move beyond passwords – adding an extra layer of security like a fingerprint or codes sent to your cellphone." The shift from single passwords to multi-factor authentication couldn’t be timelier or more strategic. This session will focus on why passwords alone are no longer effective, and why the time to act is now. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Chris Webber, security strateg...
Dec. 9, 2016 04:45 AM EST Reads: 493
"We are an all-flash array storage provider but our focus has been on VM-aware storage specifically for virtualized applications," stated Dhiraj Sehgal of Tintri in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 1,031
Redis is not only the fastest database, but it has become the most popular among the new wave of applications running in containers. Redis speeds up just about every data interaction between your users or operational systems. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dave Nielsen, Developer Relations at Redis Labs, shared the functions and data structures used to solve everyday use cases that are driving Redis' popularity.
Dec. 9, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 3,549
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Dec. 9, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 1,453
Enterprise IT has been in the era of Hybrid Cloud for some time now. But it seems most conversations about Hybrid are focused on integrating AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google ECM into existing on-premises systems. Where is all the Private Cloud? What do technology providers need to do to make their offerings more compelling? How should enterprise IT executives and buyers define their focus, needs, and roadmap, and communicate that clearly to the providers?
Dec. 9, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 587
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their backend AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT - especially in the connected home and office. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Kocher, founder and managing director of Grey Heron, explained how Amazon is extending its reach to become a major force in IoT by building on its dominant cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strat...
Dec. 9, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 6,342
"We are a custom software development, engineering firm. We specialize in cloud applications from helping customers that have on-premise applications migrating to the cloud, to helping customers design brand new apps in the cloud. And we specialize in mobile apps," explained Peter Di Stefano, Vice President of Marketing at Impiger Technologies, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 03:30 AM EST Reads: 496
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Dec. 9, 2016 03:00 AM EST Reads: 412
In addition to all the benefits, IoT is also bringing new kind of customer experience challenges - cars that unlock themselves, thermostats turning houses into saunas and baby video monitors broadcasting over the internet. This list can only increase because while IoT services should be intuitive and simple to use, the delivery ecosystem is a myriad of potential problems as IoT explodes complexity. So finding a performance issue is like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.
Dec. 9, 2016 02:15 AM EST Reads: 6,236
The idea of comparing data in motion (at the sensor level) to data at rest (in a Big Data server warehouse) with predictive analytics in the cloud is very appealing to the industrial IoT sector. The problem Big Data vendors have, however, is access to that data in motion at the sensor location. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Scott Allen, CMO of FreeWave, discussed how as IoT is increasingly adopted by industrial markets, there is going to be an increased demand for sensor data from the outermos...
Dec. 9, 2016 02:00 AM EST Reads: 3,062
Between 2005 and 2020, data volumes will grow by a factor of 300 – enough data to stack CDs from the earth to the moon 162 times. This has come to be known as the ‘big data’ phenomenon. Unfortunately, traditional approaches to handling, storing and analyzing data aren’t adequate at this scale: they’re too costly, slow and physically cumbersome to keep up. Fortunately, in response a new breed of technology has emerged that is cheaper, faster and more scalable. Yet, in meeting these new needs they...
Dec. 9, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 1,956
"Qosmos has launched L7Viewer, a network traffic analysis tool, so it analyzes all the traffic between the virtual machine and the data center and the virtual machine and the external world," stated Sebastien Synold, Product Line Manager at Qosmos, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 995