|By Business Wire||
|November 21, 2012 01:00 AM EST||
Dassault Systèmes (Paris:DSY) (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, world leader in 3D design software, 3D Digital Mock Up and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, today announced the latest release of its 3DEXPERIENCE platform. V6 Release 2013x includes the general availability of Dassault Systèmes’ Simulation Lifecycle Management (SLM) capabilities, improved access to Big Data, new composite materials design capabilities, secured exchange workspaces for suppliers, and support for new STEP standards. This release also covers a strong set of industry solutions enhancements for consumer packaged goods, energy, aerospace and defense, transportation and mobility, marine and offshore, and high tech.
- Availability to all customers of the Simulation Lifecycle Management application. By managing simulation data, deploying best practices, and sharing simulation results, customers improve collaborative decision making and maximize their ROI in simulation. SLM is the result of extensive work in partnership with many customers in aerospace and defense, transportation and mobility and consumer packaged goods;
New enhancements on platform openness:
- Better access to Big Data thanks to a new connector for Hadoop HDFS, improved performance for WebSphere and SharePoint connectors, as well as new navigation and visualization options for data search, exploration and analysis;
- Support for the STEP AP242 standard, an automotive and aerospace standard which allows import and export of ISO standard BREP and tessellated data to enable engineering, exchange, and visualization for the adoption of a 3D master process; and
- Secure access to Supplier Exchange Workspaces.
New Enhancements on CATIA V6:
- Easy switching between online and offline mode for CATIA V6. At the click of a button when an Internet connection is not available, designers can protect IP and maintain data integrity. Before going into offline mode, the designer reserves parts for modification, and at the push of a button, these are downloaded to his laptop. Once back online, modified designs can be re-synchronized and active collaboration with the rest of the design team can resume; and
- New composites materials fiber simulation capabilities to optimize ply shapes and ensure accurate composites manufacturing. This technology, based on the recently acquired Simulayt, is routinely used to analyze complex surfaces, particularly in aerospace, motorsports and the energy sector.
“This new release of the 3DEXPERIENCE platform confirms our commitment to explore and realize state of the art applications while also improving the openness of our platform,” said Dominique Florack, Senior Executive Vice President, Products, R&D, Dassault Systèmes. “Each new release is the tangible proof that we care for customer requirements, but especially that we are inspired by their business goals.”
New enhancements for industry solutions:
- Systems enhancements tailored for the energy, aerospace & defense, transportation & mobility and industrial equipment industries, including five new dedicated model libraries to simulate and analyze the behavior of engine, electrical, hydro, liquid cooling and thermal power systems. V6R2013x also features requirements effectivity enhancements to support decision making on design configuration alternatives, enabling, for example, faster market reaction in high tech;
- Copy and artwork management for the consumer packaged goods and life sciences industries, including capabilities for product managers and other marketing professionals to define, review, and approve copy and artwork content leveraging the same data used during product development;
- Business data access and productivity enhancements to 3DVIA Store, the premier solution for simulating retailing and brand merchandising settings. For example, consumer packaged goods or consumer goods products in a gondola can be highlighted based on the value of key business indicators. Accessing business statistics information on the 3D shelf is a major step forward in merchandising decision making;
- A new marine & offshore manufacturing planning application provides the foundation for all 3DEXPERIENCE shipbuilding manufacturing solutions and delivers a dedicated environment to perform manufacturing process planning, and large manufacturing assembly definition; and
- Virtual 3D manikin posture prediction for the transportation & mobility industry via new Ergonomics for Vehicle Design within the DELMIA application.
For a detailed listing of new enhancements in V6 Release 2013x, please visit www.3ds.com/products/v6/latest-release.
About Dassault Systèmes
Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, provides business and people with virtual universes to imagine sustainable innovations. Its world-leading solutions transform the way products are designed, produced, and supported. Dassault Systèmes’ collaborative solutions foster social innovation, expanding possibilities for the virtual world to improve the real world. The group brings value to over 150,000 customers of all sizes, in all industries, in more than 140 countries. For more information, visit www.3ds.com.
CATIA, SOLIDWORKS, SIMULIA, DELMIA, ENOVIA, GEOVIA, EXALEAD, NETVIBES, 3DSWYM and 3D VIA are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
May. 2, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,005
Much of the value of DevOps comes from a (renewed) focus on measurement, sharing, and continuous feedback loops. In increasingly complex DevOps workflows and environments, and especially in larger, regulated, or more crystallized organizations, these core concepts become even more critical. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Andi Mann, Chief Technology Advocate at Splunk, will show how, by focusing on 'metrics that matter,' you can provide objective, transparent, and meaningfu...
May. 2, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 714
If there is anything we have learned by now, is that every business paves their own unique path for releasing software- every pipeline, implementation and practices are a bit different, and DevOps comes in all shapes and sizes. Software delivery practices are often comprised of set of several complementing (or even competing) methodologies – such as leveraging Agile, DevOps and even a mix of ITIL, to create the combination that’s most suitable for your organization and that maximize your busines...
May. 2, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,893
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
May. 2, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,056
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
May. 2, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,311
In the world of DevOps there are ‘known good practices’ – aka ‘patterns’ – and ‘known bad practices’ – aka ‘anti-patterns.' Many of these patterns and anti-patterns have been developed from real world experience, especially by the early adopters of DevOps theory; but many are more feasible in theory than in practice, especially for more recent entrants to the DevOps scene. In this power panel at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, moderated by DevOps Conference Chair Andi Mann, panelists will dis...
May. 2, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 725
Up until last year, enterprises that were looking into cloud services usually undertook a long-term pilot with one of the large cloud providers, running test and dev workloads in the cloud. With cloud’s transition to mainstream adoption in 2015, and with enterprises migrating more and more workloads into the cloud and in between public and private environments, the single-provider approach must be revisited. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yoav Mor, multi-cloud solution evangelist at Cloudy...
May. 2, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,581
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 2, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,005
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 2, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,106
See storage differently! Storage performance problems have only gotten worse and harder to solve as applications have become largely virtualized and moved to a cloud-based infrastructure. Storage performance in a virtualized environment is not just about IOPS, it is about how well that potential performance is guaranteed to individual VMs for these apps as the number of VMs keep going up real time. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in product and marketing at Tintri, will discu...
May. 2, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 916
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
May. 2, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,357
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
May. 2, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,076
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 2, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 393
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 2, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,106