|By Business Wire||
|November 21, 2012 01:00 AM EST||
Dassault Systèmes (Paris:DSY) (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, world leader in 3D design software, 3D Digital Mock Up and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, today announced the latest release of its 3DEXPERIENCE platform. V6 Release 2013x includes the general availability of Dassault Systèmes’ Simulation Lifecycle Management (SLM) capabilities, improved access to Big Data, new composite materials design capabilities, secured exchange workspaces for suppliers, and support for new STEP standards. This release also covers a strong set of industry solutions enhancements for consumer packaged goods, energy, aerospace and defense, transportation and mobility, marine and offshore, and high tech.
- Availability to all customers of the Simulation Lifecycle Management application. By managing simulation data, deploying best practices, and sharing simulation results, customers improve collaborative decision making and maximize their ROI in simulation. SLM is the result of extensive work in partnership with many customers in aerospace and defense, transportation and mobility and consumer packaged goods;
New enhancements on platform openness:
- Better access to Big Data thanks to a new connector for Hadoop HDFS, improved performance for WebSphere and SharePoint connectors, as well as new navigation and visualization options for data search, exploration and analysis;
- Support for the STEP AP242 standard, an automotive and aerospace standard which allows import and export of ISO standard BREP and tessellated data to enable engineering, exchange, and visualization for the adoption of a 3D master process; and
- Secure access to Supplier Exchange Workspaces.
New Enhancements on CATIA V6:
- Easy switching between online and offline mode for CATIA V6. At the click of a button when an Internet connection is not available, designers can protect IP and maintain data integrity. Before going into offline mode, the designer reserves parts for modification, and at the push of a button, these are downloaded to his laptop. Once back online, modified designs can be re-synchronized and active collaboration with the rest of the design team can resume; and
- New composites materials fiber simulation capabilities to optimize ply shapes and ensure accurate composites manufacturing. This technology, based on the recently acquired Simulayt, is routinely used to analyze complex surfaces, particularly in aerospace, motorsports and the energy sector.
“This new release of the 3DEXPERIENCE platform confirms our commitment to explore and realize state of the art applications while also improving the openness of our platform,” said Dominique Florack, Senior Executive Vice President, Products, R&D, Dassault Systèmes. “Each new release is the tangible proof that we care for customer requirements, but especially that we are inspired by their business goals.”
New enhancements for industry solutions:
- Systems enhancements tailored for the energy, aerospace & defense, transportation & mobility and industrial equipment industries, including five new dedicated model libraries to simulate and analyze the behavior of engine, electrical, hydro, liquid cooling and thermal power systems. V6R2013x also features requirements effectivity enhancements to support decision making on design configuration alternatives, enabling, for example, faster market reaction in high tech;
- Copy and artwork management for the consumer packaged goods and life sciences industries, including capabilities for product managers and other marketing professionals to define, review, and approve copy and artwork content leveraging the same data used during product development;
- Business data access and productivity enhancements to 3DVIA Store, the premier solution for simulating retailing and brand merchandising settings. For example, consumer packaged goods or consumer goods products in a gondola can be highlighted based on the value of key business indicators. Accessing business statistics information on the 3D shelf is a major step forward in merchandising decision making;
- A new marine & offshore manufacturing planning application provides the foundation for all 3DEXPERIENCE shipbuilding manufacturing solutions and delivers a dedicated environment to perform manufacturing process planning, and large manufacturing assembly definition; and
- Virtual 3D manikin posture prediction for the transportation & mobility industry via new Ergonomics for Vehicle Design within the DELMIA application.
For a detailed listing of new enhancements in V6 Release 2013x, please visit www.3ds.com/products/v6/latest-release.
About Dassault Systèmes
Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, provides business and people with virtual universes to imagine sustainable innovations. Its world-leading solutions transform the way products are designed, produced, and supported. Dassault Systèmes’ collaborative solutions foster social innovation, expanding possibilities for the virtual world to improve the real world. The group brings value to over 150,000 customers of all sizes, in all industries, in more than 140 countries. For more information, visit www.3ds.com.
CATIA, SOLIDWORKS, SIMULIA, DELMIA, ENOVIA, GEOVIA, EXALEAD, NETVIBES, 3DSWYM and 3D VIA are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Oct. 1, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 822
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interface Masters Technologies, a leader in Network Visibility and Uptime Solutions, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Interface Masters Technologies is a leading vendor in the network monitoring and high speed networking markets. Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Interface Masters' expertise lies in Gigabit, 10 Gigabit and 40 Gigabit Eth...
Oct. 1, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,759
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kausik Sridharabalan, founder and CTO of Pulzze Systems, Inc., will focus on key challenges in building an Internet of Things solution infrastructure. He will shed light on efficient ways of defining interactions within IoT solutions, leading to cost and time reduction. He will also introduce ways to handle data and how one can develop IoT solutions that are lean, flexible and configurable, thus making IoT infrastructure agile and scalable.
Oct. 1, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,669
Much of the value of DevOps comes from a (renewed) focus on measurement, sharing, and continuous feedback loops. In increasingly complex DevOps workflows and environments, and especially in larger, regulated, or more crystallized organizations, these core concepts become even more critical. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Andi Mann, Chief Technology Advocate at Splunk, showed how, by focusing on 'metrics that matter,' you can provide objective, transparent, and meaningful f...
Oct. 1, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,938
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Oct. 1, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 5,502
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, provided tips on how to be successful in large scale machine learning...
Oct. 1, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,505
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Oct. 1, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,413
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Oct. 1, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,312
An IoT product’s log files speak volumes about what’s happening with your products in the field, pinpointing current and potential issues, and enabling you to predict failures and save millions of dollars in inventory. But until recently, no one knew how to listen. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dan Gettens, Chief Research Officer at OnProcess, will discuss recent research by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and OnProcess Technology, where MIT created a new, breakthrough analytics model f...
Oct. 1, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,271
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Oct. 1, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,176
Digitization is driving a fundamental change in society that is transforming the way businesses work with their customers, their supply chains and their people. Digital transformation leverages DevOps best practices, such as Agile Parallel Development, Continuous Delivery and Agile Operations to capitalize on opportunities and create competitive differentiation in the application economy. However, information security has been notably absent from the DevOps movement. Speed doesn’t have to negat...
Oct. 1, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,411
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Oct. 1, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,866
While DevOps promises a better and tighter integration among an organization’s development and operation teams and transforms an application life cycle into a continual deployment, Chef and Azure together provides a speedy, cost-effective and highly scalable vehicle for realizing the business values of this transformation. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Yung Chou, a Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, will present a unique opportunity to witness how Chef and Azure work tog...
Oct. 1, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,933
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Oct. 1, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,951