|By PR Newswire||
|November 23, 2012 12:00 PM EST||
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., Nov. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sears SHOP YOUR WAY℠ Rewards Members and customers took advantage of more flexible shopping options to get doorbuster savings this Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday.
Black Friday kicked off five days early for Sears SHOP YOUR WAY Rewards Members who were able to purchase many Sears doorbusters in advance. More than half of Sears business comes from SHOP YOUR WAY Rewards – a free, members-only program and shopping community that offers rewards, personalized deals and services like e-coupons and e-receipts for faster returns and exchanges in five minutes or less, guaranteed.
Sears will continue to offer savings throughout the weekend on top brands and exclusive items that make great gifts. Highlights from today's Black Friday activity include:
Extended hours feedback
- Sears opened its doors at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving and is staying open 26 hours straight through Black Friday. The new Thanksgiving opening time received very positive feedback from customers across the country.
- Customers in many locations started lining up Thanksgiving morning, with some lined up as early as Monday to access the more than 1,000 doorbuster deals that were available until 1 p.m. (local time) on Friday, Nov. 23.
- Stores reported customers lined up by the hundreds in advance and some locations reported more than 1,000 customers in line. Overall, shoppers were in good spirits and happy to enjoy easy parking and an orderly system in place to handle the doorbusters.
- Traffic was additionally brisk on Black Friday morning when Sears' second wave of doorbusters launched at 4 a.m.
- A big trend this year has been customers buying doorbusters online and picking up in-store both on Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday. In fact, Sears recently reported that in Q3, approximately half of online sales came through multichannel transactions such as buy online, pick-up in store.
Hottest selling gifts
- Consumer electronics doorbusters were extremely popular, especially the advertised $97 32" HDTV, Samsung® 55" 3D slim LED Smart HDTV ($1,499) and Toshiba® 50" LED HDTV ($299.99).
- Tablets were a hit this year as well, with high demand for the advertised X-Treme Tab 7" tablet ($39.99) and Mach Speed Trio Stealth 7" multi-touch tablet ($69.99).
- The advertised 2 ct. total weight diamond jewelry ($99.99, regularly $599.99), Kenmore Elite washer/dryer pair ($649.99 each) and kids Performance Gear bubble jackets ($15.99) were among the hottest sale items of the day.
- Other hot gift items that flew off shelves included: the NordicTrack® fleece ($9.99), the Craftsman® 18-volt drill/driver (50 percent off at $29.99), DieHard workboots ($39.99), and small kitchen appliances, such as a Black & Decker 4-slice toaster oven for $17.99.
Spirit of the season
- A store in Chula Vista, Calif. had store associates leading cheers and group sing-alongs prior to the store opening.
- A heartwarming scene took place at a store in Denver, Colo. where one customer took advantage of a doorbuster price on Joe Boxer® micro fleece pants ($7.99, reg. $30.00) and Cannon® fleece throw ($3.49, reg. $9.99) to purchase 30 of each, which they planned to donate to a homeless shelter.
- A SHOP YOUR WAY Rewards Member family arrived at the Sears in Alpharetta, Ga. dressed in matching print pajamas, ready for a family evening of shopping.
For additional media materials and information please visit, or contact the Sears holiday media hotline at (312) 527-2742 to arrange an interview or in-store filming.
About Sears, Roebuck and Co.
Sears, Roebuck and Co., a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD), is a leading broadline retailer providing merchandise and related services and is part of SHOP YOUR WAY, a social shopping experience where members have the ability to earn Points and receive benefits across a wide variety of physical and digital formats through ShopYourWay.com. Sears, Roebuck offers its wide range of home merchandise, apparel and automotive products and services through its Sears-branded and affiliated stores in the United States and Canada. Sears, Roebuck also offers a variety of merchandise and services through sears.com, landsend.com, and specialty catalogs. Sears, Roebuck offers consumers leading proprietary brands including Kenmore, Craftsman, DieHard and Lands' End -- among the most trusted and preferred brands in the U.S. The company is the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 15 million service and installation calls made annually. For more information, visit the Sears, Roebuck website at www.sears.com or the Sears Holdings Corporation website at www.searsholdings.com.
Zeno Group for Sears
SOURCE Sears, Roebuck and Co.
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Jul. 29, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,660
The time is ripe for high speed resilient software defined storage solutions with unlimited scalability. ISS has been working with the leading open source projects and developed a commercial high performance solution that is able to grow forever without performance limitations. In his session at Cloud Expo, Alex Gorbachev, President of Intelligent Systems Services Inc., shared foundation principles of Ceph architecture, as well as the design to deliver this storage to traditional SAN storage co...
Jul. 29, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,718
The speed of software changes in growing and large scale rapid-paced DevOps environments presents a challenge for continuous testing. Many organizations struggle to get this right. Practices that work for small scale continuous testing may not be sufficient as the requirements grow. In his session at DevOps Summit, Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect of DevOps continuous test solutions at Spirent Communications, explained the best practices of continuous testing at high scale, which is rele...
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,347
"We got started as search consultants. On the services side of the business we have help organizations save time and save money when they hit issues that everyone more or less hits when their data grows," noted Otis Gospodnetić, Founder of Sematext, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 28, 2015 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,002
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 28, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 582
Learn how to solve the problem of keeping files in sync between multiple Docker containers. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Aaron Brongersma, Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Modulus, discussed using rsync, GlusterFS, EBS and Bit Torrent Sync. He broke down the tools that are needed to help create a seamless user experience. In the end, can we have an environment where we can easily move Docker containers, servers, and volumes without impacting our applications? He shared his results so yo...
Jul. 28, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 713
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Jul. 28, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,370
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Jul. 28, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 252
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world...
Jul. 28, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,751
Public Cloud IaaS started its life in the developer and startup communities and has grown rapidly to a $20B+ industry, but it still pales in comparison to how much is spent worldwide on IT: $3.6 trillion. In fact, there are 8.6 million data centers worldwide, the reality is many small and medium sized business have server closets and colocation footprints filled with servers and storage gear. While on-premise environment virtualization may have peaked at 75%, the Public Cloud has lagged in adop...
Jul. 28, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,180
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Jul. 28, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 215
How do you securely enable access to your applications in AWS without exposing any attack surfaces? The answer is usually very complicated because application environments morph over time in response to growing requirements from your employee base, your partners and your customers. In his session at @DevOpsSummit, Haseeb Budhani, CEO and Co-founder of Soha, shared five common approaches that DevOps teams follow to secure access to applications deployed in AWS, Azure, etc., and the friction an...
Jul. 28, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 483
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Jul. 28, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 171
Digital Transformation is the ultimate goal of cloud computing and related initiatives. The phrase is certainly not a precise one, and as subject to hand-waving and distortion as any high-falutin' terminology in the world of information technology. Yet it is an excellent choice of words to describe what enterprise IT—and by extension, organizations in general—should be working to achieve. Digital Transformation means: handling all the data types being found and created in the organizat...
Jul. 28, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,061
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Jul. 28, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 458