|By PR Newswire||
|November 23, 2012 12:00 PM EST||
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., Nov. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sears SHOP YOUR WAY℠ Rewards Members and customers took advantage of more flexible shopping options to get doorbuster savings this Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday.
Black Friday kicked off five days early for Sears SHOP YOUR WAY Rewards Members who were able to purchase many Sears doorbusters in advance. More than half of Sears business comes from SHOP YOUR WAY Rewards – a free, members-only program and shopping community that offers rewards, personalized deals and services like e-coupons and e-receipts for faster returns and exchanges in five minutes or less, guaranteed.
Sears will continue to offer savings throughout the weekend on top brands and exclusive items that make great gifts. Highlights from today's Black Friday activity include:
Extended hours feedback
- Sears opened its doors at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving and is staying open 26 hours straight through Black Friday. The new Thanksgiving opening time received very positive feedback from customers across the country.
- Customers in many locations started lining up Thanksgiving morning, with some lined up as early as Monday to access the more than 1,000 doorbuster deals that were available until 1 p.m. (local time) on Friday, Nov. 23.
- Stores reported customers lined up by the hundreds in advance and some locations reported more than 1,000 customers in line. Overall, shoppers were in good spirits and happy to enjoy easy parking and an orderly system in place to handle the doorbusters.
- Traffic was additionally brisk on Black Friday morning when Sears' second wave of doorbusters launched at 4 a.m.
- A big trend this year has been customers buying doorbusters online and picking up in-store both on Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday. In fact, Sears recently reported that in Q3, approximately half of online sales came through multichannel transactions such as buy online, pick-up in store.
Hottest selling gifts
- Consumer electronics doorbusters were extremely popular, especially the advertised $97 32" HDTV, Samsung® 55" 3D slim LED Smart HDTV ($1,499) and Toshiba® 50" LED HDTV ($299.99).
- Tablets were a hit this year as well, with high demand for the advertised X-Treme Tab 7" tablet ($39.99) and Mach Speed Trio Stealth 7" multi-touch tablet ($69.99).
- The advertised 2 ct. total weight diamond jewelry ($99.99, regularly $599.99), Kenmore Elite washer/dryer pair ($649.99 each) and kids Performance Gear bubble jackets ($15.99) were among the hottest sale items of the day.
- Other hot gift items that flew off shelves included: the NordicTrack® fleece ($9.99), the Craftsman® 18-volt drill/driver (50 percent off at $29.99), DieHard workboots ($39.99), and small kitchen appliances, such as a Black & Decker 4-slice toaster oven for $17.99.
Spirit of the season
- A store in Chula Vista, Calif. had store associates leading cheers and group sing-alongs prior to the store opening.
- A heartwarming scene took place at a store in Denver, Colo. where one customer took advantage of a doorbuster price on Joe Boxer® micro fleece pants ($7.99, reg. $30.00) and Cannon® fleece throw ($3.49, reg. $9.99) to purchase 30 of each, which they planned to donate to a homeless shelter.
- A SHOP YOUR WAY Rewards Member family arrived at the Sears in Alpharetta, Ga. dressed in matching print pajamas, ready for a family evening of shopping.
For additional media materials and information please visit, or contact the Sears holiday media hotline at (312) 527-2742 to arrange an interview or in-store filming.
About Sears, Roebuck and Co.
Sears, Roebuck and Co., a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD), is a leading broadline retailer providing merchandise and related services and is part of SHOP YOUR WAY, a social shopping experience where members have the ability to earn Points and receive benefits across a wide variety of physical and digital formats through ShopYourWay.com. Sears, Roebuck offers its wide range of home merchandise, apparel and automotive products and services through its Sears-branded and affiliated stores in the United States and Canada. Sears, Roebuck also offers a variety of merchandise and services through sears.com, landsend.com, and specialty catalogs. Sears, Roebuck offers consumers leading proprietary brands including Kenmore, Craftsman, DieHard and Lands' End -- among the most trusted and preferred brands in the U.S. The company is the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 15 million service and installation calls made annually. For more information, visit the Sears, Roebuck website at www.sears.com or the Sears Holdings Corporation website at www.searsholdings.com.
Zeno Group for Sears
SOURCE Sears, Roebuck and Co.
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 2, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 2,065
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Dec. 2, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,373
Join Impiger for their featured webinar: ‘Cloud Computing: A Roadmap to Modern Software Delivery’ on November 10, 2016, at 12:00 pm CST. Very few companies have not experienced some impact to their IT delivery due to the evolution of cloud computing. This webinar is not about deciding whether you should entertain moving some or all of your IT to the cloud, but rather, a detailed look under the hood to help IT professionals understand how cloud adoption has evolved and what trends will impact th...
Dec. 2, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,436
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Dec. 2, 2016 12:11 PM EST Reads: 161
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 2, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,823
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 135
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 2, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,451
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and G...
Dec. 2, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 1,844
When it comes to cloud computing, the ability to turn massive amounts of compute cores on and off on demand sounds attractive to IT staff, who need to manage peaks and valleys in user activity. With cloud bursting, the majority of the data can stay on premises while tapping into compute from public cloud providers, reducing risk and minimizing need to move large files. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Jeschonek, Director of Product Management at Avere Systems, discussed the IT and busin...
Dec. 2, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 3,737
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Dec. 2, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 394
"Qosmos has launched L7Viewer, a network traffic analysis tool, so it analyzes all the traffic between the virtual machine and the data center and the virtual machine and the external world," stated Sebastien Synold, Product Line Manager at Qosmos, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 393
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 2, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 1,591
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, discussed the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 2, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 1,897
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 2, 2016 10:15 AM EST Reads: 2,022
As ridesharing competitors and enhanced services increase, notable changes are occurring in the transportation model. Despite the cost-effective means and flexibility of ridesharing, both drivers and users will need to be aware of the connected environment and how it will impact the ridesharing experience. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Timothy Evavold, Executive Director Automotive at Covisint, discussed key challenges and solutions to powering a ride sharing and/or multimodal model in the age ...
Dec. 2, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,070