|By PR Newswire||
|November 29, 2012 08:18 AM EST||
ORLANDO, Fla., Nov. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Panda Security, The Cloud Security Company, today revealed unique anecdotes that were gathered from its 'PandaIT SOS: Confessions of an IT Professional' contest. Launched in September, the contest gave IT professionals an opportunity to share hilarious or utterly bizarre moments experienced when dealing with user problems.
The story that garnered the most votes was this submission:
- (Help by phone) Client: - "Oh! I'm seeing the mouse pointer move on its own."
- IT Professional: "Yes, Sir. It's me. I've already got remote access to your computer. I will solve your problem right away."
- Client: "Oh, that's nice. Do you want me to turn on the lights? Maybe you'll see better."
Here is a selection of some of the other funny anecdotes shared by those who entered:
- An older relative phoned me because he was having problems with a program that he had on a CD. I just told him: "Okay, first send the file to the bin." Next thing I heard was the CD being thrown to the trash bin.
- It was December 28, and my mother had a problem with the PC because she didn't know how to access the Internet. I told her: "You need to open the window and that's it." She spent the Christmas holidays with a big cold.
- My PC will not boot: "Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue."
- A user was having trouble printing documents. He told me that the computer had said it "Can't find printer. I've tried turning the computer screen to face the printer, but the computer can't see the printer."
- I asked my friend: "Abir, what anti-virus program do you use?" Abir: "Netscape. Oh, sorry...Internet Explorer."
- Me: "Sir, I'll make a remote access on your machine." Customer: "I don't know what that means but OK... JESUS CHRIST! MY COMPUTER IS OWNED BY THE DEMON!!! I will cast out the demon and I'll call you later... Me: "Sir?"
- A user called us because he had an issue with his modem and he couldn't connect to the Internet properly. We asked him: "OK, we are going to try to help you fix it. Please, can you tell us how many lights are on right now?" And he said: "I have three lights on: the kitchen, the living room and the bathroom."
- A user called to reset their password. "Well, it is already done. Your new password is 12345678." "Ok, capital letters???"
- "I inserted the first disk and everything was OK, the second, also OK, the third one I had to push, but the fourth... "
- "Of course I know the password of my boss, it is five asterisks."
- A client was having trouble with his fax and called me. When asked to try and send a test page to me, he faxed his company price list. I solved his problem and we ended the call. A few minutes later he called back and said: "I am not sure I should have sent that list, can you fax it back to me?"
- "Please go to My PC." "Do I have to go there? Take into account that I am in another building."
- "Daddy, what does FORMATTING DRIVE C: 99% completed mean?"
- "I have a problem when writing my password. I tried to enter my password and the only thing I see are asterisks."
The contest ended on October 31 and the winner was Andre Geada, from Portugal, whose story received 494 votes from registered users. The award, a new iPad, has already been delivered to the winner. All of the stories are available at: www.pandasos.com
IT professionals are often faced with a wide range of issues that range from very simple to highly complex. To help resolve and even prevent these problems, Panda Security offers the new Panda Cloud Systems Management, a remote management and monitoring solution designed to manage, monitor and support all types of IT devices.
Panda Cloud Systems Management lets administrators manage all their IT resources simply and remotely, reducing costs and anticipating problems before they occur.
About Panda Security
Founded in 1990, Panda Security is the world's leading provider of cloud-based security solutions, with products available in more than 23 languages and millions of users located in 195 countries around the World. Panda Security was the first IT security company to harness the power of cloud computing with its Collective Intelligence technology. This innovative security model can automatically analyze and classify thousands of new malware samples every day, guaranteeing corporate customers and home users the most effective protection against Internet threats with minimum impact on system performance. Panda Security has 56 offices throughout the globe with US headquarters in Florida and European headquarters in Spain.
Panda Security collaborates with WWF and Project Stella as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility policy.
For more information, visit http://www.pandasecurity.com/.
SOURCE Panda Security
Join IBM November 2 at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, and learn how to go beyond multi-speed it to bring agility to traditional enterprise applications. Technology innovation is the driving force behind modern business and enterprises must respond by increasing the speed and efficiency of software delivery. The challenge is that existing enterprise applications are expensive to develop and difficult to modernize. This often results in what Gartner calls ...
Apr. 30, 2017 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,398
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Apr. 30, 2017 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,751
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor – all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Apr. 30, 2017 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 9,252
The age of Digital Disruption is evolving into the next era – Digital Cohesion, an age in which applications securely self-assemble and deliver predictive services that continuously adapt to user behavior. Information from devices, sensors and applications around us will drive services seamlessly across mobile and fixed devices/infrastructure. This evolution is happening now in software defined services and secure networking. Four key drivers – Performance, Economics, Interoperability and Trust ...
Apr. 30, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,080
“DevOps is really about the business. The business is under pressure today, competitively in the marketplace to respond to the expectations of the customer. The business is driving IT and the problem is that IT isn't responding fast enough," explained Mark Levy, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Serena Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Apr. 30, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 16,423
SYS-CON Events announced today that CollabNet, a global leader in enterprise software development, release automation and DevOps solutions, will be a Bronze Sponsor of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, taking place from June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. CollabNet offers a broad range of solutions with the mission of helping modern organizations deliver quality software at speed. The company’s latest innovation, the DevOps Lifecycle Manager (DLM), supports Value S...
Apr. 30, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,450
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Apr. 30, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,024
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Apr. 30, 2017 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,197
Building a cross-cloud operational model can be a daunting task. Per-cloud silos are not the answer, but neither is a fully generic abstraction plane that strips out capabilities unique to a particular provider. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Wolf, VP & Chief Technology Officer, Global Field & Industry at VMware, will discuss how successful organizations approach cloud operations and management, with insights into where operations should be centralized and when it’s best to decentraliz...
Apr. 30, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,095
Translating agile methodology into real-world best practices within the modern software factory has driven widespread DevOps adoption, yet much work remains to expand workflows and tooling across the enterprise. As models evolve from pockets of experimentation into wholescale organizational reinvention, practitioners find themselves challenged to incorporate the culture and architecture necessary to support DevOps at scale. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Anand Akela, Senior...
Apr. 29, 2017 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,028
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Apr. 29, 2017 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 9,243
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Apr. 29, 2017 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,816
Multiple data types are pouring into IoT deployments. Data is coming in small packages as well as enormous files and data streams of many sizes. Widespread use of mobile devices adds to the total. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the tools and environments that are being put to use in IoT deployments, as well as the team skills a modern enterprise IT shop needs to keep things running, get a handle on all this data, and deli...
Apr. 29, 2017 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,780
Grape Up is a software company, specialized in cloud native application development and professional services related to Cloud Foundry PaaS. With five expert teams that operate in various sectors of the market across the USA and Europe, we work with a variety of customers from emerging startups to Fortune 1000 companies.
Apr. 29, 2017 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,605
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Apr. 29, 2017 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,643