|By Marketwired .||
|December 5, 2012 12:01 AM EST||
FRANKFURT, GERMANY -- (Marketwire) -- 12/05/12 -- HP (NYSE: HPQ) today extends its business tablet portfolio with the announcement of its next-generation convertible tablet, the HP EliteBook Revolve -- a touch-enabled notebook that pivots to let users share their work and folds to go mobile as a tablet.
With the ability to transform with the flick of the wrist to deliver a convertible computing solution to match any need, the HP EliteBook Revolve is designed for business and government customers who require both an ultrathin notebook and a touch-enabled tablet. Driven by the latest, third-generation Intel® Core processors and optimized for Windows® 8,(1) the HP EliteBook Revolve offers the incredible performance and visuals of a full-power notebook alongside the flexibility of quickly switching to a tablet with a touch-enabled high-definition (HD)(2) display.
HP also released a new HP Multi-Tablet Charging Module,(3) which quickly and easily charges and stores up to 10 tablet PCs with just one power outlet. Suitable for a range of different work environments, the module secures all docked tablets with a locking mechanism and a keyed lock on the fold-back doors.
"Employees want computing devices that work the way they do -- flexibly and able to adapt to any situation," said Dan Forlenza, vice president and general manager, Commercial Managed IT Segment, HP. "HP is committed to ensuring its Elite portfolio of tablet solutions will provide customers the features their employees need for maximum productivity, with a design they'll be proud to carry everywhere they go, all without sacrificing the enterprise services and protection that take the headache away from IT."
An HP EliteBook that bends over backwards to get more done
With a touch-enabled display that pivots to let users share their work or revolves and folds to go ultramobile as a tablet, the HP EliteBook Revolve is designed for busy enterprise environments. Representing the ninth generation of HP's line of convertible tablets, it has all the tools needed to get the job done, including:
- Windows 7 Pro or Windows 8 Pro for a familiar PC experience with the intuitive experience of touch, all driven by the latest Intel processors.
- An 11.6-inch diagonal HD(3) display packed into a 3.04 lb design(4) allows for mobile freedom without sacrificing performance.
- Automatic adjustments to screen orientation, brightness and more based on position, as well as a full-sized, backlit keyboard and optional pen.
- A 720p HD4 camera, dual-microphone array, DTS Studio Sound and included CyberLink YouCam software enable easy face-to-face communication and the creation of HD web videos.
- Premium materials, including durable, scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla® Glass® 2 and an all-magnesium chassis.
- Enterprise-class docking capabilities for simple connectivity to a display, keyboard, mouse, additional ports or printer.(2)
- WWAN,(5) USB 3.0, DisplayPort and secure NFC(6) for simple, secure on-the-go(7) productivity, plus enterprise-class, common docking capabilities for full connectivity at the office.
- Enterprise-class components and solid-state drive options up to 256 GB with Intel Rapid Start Technology,(8) ready in as fast as 5 milliseconds.(9)
Work anywhere with easy deployment, management and security
As with all HP EliteBooks, the HP Revolve is packed with all the tools IT needs to securely deploy and manage a fleet across an enterprise, including:
- Enterprise IT tools such as Active Directory, domain join, PXE boot support and a range of HP Client Management solutions, allowing for secure deployment and effective fleet management.
- HP Client Security(10) to provide protection at every layer, including HP BIOS Protection and Microsoft Defender(11) or Microsoft Security Essentials; an embedded, certified TPM security chip for data encryption; and four years of HP Absolute Data Protect to help further protect the device, data and user identity.
- HP Global Series and HP Custom Integration Services for simple deployment across a global enterprise with consistent global configurations and customization options such as corporate image loading.
- Print directly to any ePrint-capable HP printer or to a networked HP printer without the need for downloading drivers. HP ePrint software(12) also allows users to print remotely at more than 24,000 public locations such as hotels and business service retailers.(13)
HP delivers new accessory to expand HP ElitePad ecosystem
In October, HP introduced its first enterprise-class tablet, the HP ElitePad, which was designed from the ground up to better meet the varied needs of enterprise customers. The HP ElitePad launch also included a unique, productivity-enhancing ecosystem of HP ElitePad Smart Jackets(2) and additional accessories.
A new addition to this ecosystem is the HP Multi-Tablet Charging Module,(2) an accessory that helps areas like nurses' stations, classrooms and other workspaces stay tidy while keeping tablets charged and secure for when users need them. The module works with any tablet device up to 10.1 diagonal inches, and is ideal for use with the HP ElitePad tablet and the HP ENVY x2 notebook (announced Aug. 30) -- which doubles as tablet -- whether the notebook is being used standalone or with an HP Smart Jacket or keyboard.
The HP EliteBook Revolve is expected to be available in the United States in March 2013. Pricing information will be announced closer to that date.
The HP Multi-Tablet Charging Module is expected to be available in the United States in January 2013 for a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $499.(14)
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows 8 functionality. Details, www.microsoft.com.
(2) HD content required to view HD images.
(3) Sold separately or as an optional feature.
(4) Approximate starting at weight based on preproduction model and may vary with final product. The total z-dimension is estimated to be 22.4 mm, which is the thinnest point on this product.
(5) Broadband use requires separately purchased service contract. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in specific area.
(6) NFC software is not included and is sold separately. Internet access required.
(7) Internet access required.
(8) Requires a compatible Intel Core processor, Intel Rapid Start software and BIOS update, and optional Solid State Drive (SSD) or mSATA flash cache module. Depending on system configuration, results may vary.
(9) Based on PCMark testing. Depending on system configuration, results may vary.
(10) Requires Windows 8 and initial user set up.
(11) Opt in and internet connection required for updates.
(12) Requires an internet connection to HP web-enabled printer and HP ePrint account registration (a list of eligible printers, supported documents and image types, and other HP ePrint details is available at www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter). Requires optional broadband module. Broadband use requires separately purchased service contract. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in specific area. Separately purchased data plans or usage fees may apply. Print times and connection speeds may vary.
(13) Use of HP ePrint at HP Public Print locations requires internet- and email-capable smartphone or tablet with separately purchased wireless internet service, and the HP ePrint or HP ePrint software. Availability and cost of printing varies by location. A list of applicable smartphone and tablet operating systems is available at www.hp.com/go/eprintmobile.
(14) Estimated U.S. retail prices. Actual prices may vary.
Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; assumptions related to pension and other post-retirement costs and retirement programs; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2012 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2011. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Feb. 26, 2017 06:45 PM EST Reads: 2,336
Addteq is one of the top 10 Platinum Atlassian Experts who specialize in DevOps, custom and continuous integration, automation, plugin development, and consulting for midsize and global firms. Addteq firmly believes that automation is essential for successful software releases. Addteq centers its products and services around this fundamentally unique approach to delivering complete software release management solutions. With a combination of Addteq's services and our extensive list of partners,...
Feb. 26, 2017 06:00 PM EST Reads: 898
In 2014, Amazon announced a new form of compute called Lambda. We didn't know it at the time, but this represented a fundamental shift in what we expect from cloud computing. Now, all of the major cloud computing vendors want to take part in this disruptive technology. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, John Jelinek IV, a web developer at Linux Academy, will discuss why major players like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, and Google Cloud Platform are all trying to sidestep VMs and containers...
Feb. 26, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 2,117
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain.
Feb. 26, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,951
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, whic...
Feb. 26, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,887
Wooed by the promise of faster innovation, lower TCO, and greater agility, businesses of every shape and size have embraced the cloud at every layer of the IT stack – from apps to file sharing to infrastructure. The typical organization currently uses more than a dozen sanctioned cloud apps and will shift more than half of all workloads to the cloud by 2018. Such cloud investments have delivered measurable benefits. But they’ve also resulted in some unintended side-effects: complexity and risk. ...
Feb. 26, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 2,123
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Feb. 26, 2017 04:15 PM EST Reads: 1,660
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Feb. 26, 2017 03:45 PM EST Reads: 2,660
With 10 simultaneous tracks, keynotes, general sessions and targeted breakout classes, Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo are two of the most important technology events of the year. Since its launch over eight years ago, Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo have presented a rock star faculty as well as showcased hundreds of sponsors and exhibitors! In this blog post, I provide 7 tips on how, as part of our world-class faculty, you can deliver one of the most popular sessions at our events. But before reading the...
Feb. 26, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 8,904
"Storage is growing. All of IDC's estimates say that unstructured data is now 80% of the world's data. We provide storage systems that can actually deal with that scale of data - software-defined storage systems," stated Paul Turner, Chief Product and Marketing Officer at Cloudian, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 17th Cloud Expo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Feb. 26, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 7,097
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Feb. 26, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 2,442
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Feb. 26, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 2,357
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Feb. 26, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 1,843
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Aruna Ravichandran, vice president of DevOps Product and Solutions Marketing at CA Technologies, has been named co-conference chair of DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017. The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley will take place Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Feb. 26, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 2,205
Have you ever noticed how some IT people seem to lead successful, rewarding, and satisfying lives and careers, while others struggle? IT author and speaker Don Crawley uncovered the five principles that successful IT people use to build satisfying lives and careers and he shares them in this fast-paced, thought-provoking webinar. You'll learn the importance of striking a balance with technical skills and people skills, challenge your pre-existing ideas about IT customer service, and gain new in...
Feb. 26, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 3,023