|By Marketwired .||
|December 5, 2012 12:01 AM EST||
FRANKFURT, GERMANY -- (Marketwire) -- 12/05/12 -- HP (NYSE: HPQ) today extends its business tablet portfolio with the announcement of its next-generation convertible tablet, the HP EliteBook Revolve -- a touch-enabled notebook that pivots to let users share their work and folds to go mobile as a tablet.
With the ability to transform with the flick of the wrist to deliver a convertible computing solution to match any need, the HP EliteBook Revolve is designed for business and government customers who require both an ultrathin notebook and a touch-enabled tablet. Driven by the latest, third-generation Intel® Core processors and optimized for Windows® 8,(1) the HP EliteBook Revolve offers the incredible performance and visuals of a full-power notebook alongside the flexibility of quickly switching to a tablet with a touch-enabled high-definition (HD)(2) display.
HP also released a new HP Multi-Tablet Charging Module,(3) which quickly and easily charges and stores up to 10 tablet PCs with just one power outlet. Suitable for a range of different work environments, the module secures all docked tablets with a locking mechanism and a keyed lock on the fold-back doors.
"Employees want computing devices that work the way they do -- flexibly and able to adapt to any situation," said Dan Forlenza, vice president and general manager, Commercial Managed IT Segment, HP. "HP is committed to ensuring its Elite portfolio of tablet solutions will provide customers the features their employees need for maximum productivity, with a design they'll be proud to carry everywhere they go, all without sacrificing the enterprise services and protection that take the headache away from IT."
An HP EliteBook that bends over backwards to get more done
With a touch-enabled display that pivots to let users share their work or revolves and folds to go ultramobile as a tablet, the HP EliteBook Revolve is designed for busy enterprise environments. Representing the ninth generation of HP's line of convertible tablets, it has all the tools needed to get the job done, including:
- Windows 7 Pro or Windows 8 Pro for a familiar PC experience with the intuitive experience of touch, all driven by the latest Intel processors.
- An 11.6-inch diagonal HD(3) display packed into a 3.04 lb design(4) allows for mobile freedom without sacrificing performance.
- Automatic adjustments to screen orientation, brightness and more based on position, as well as a full-sized, backlit keyboard and optional pen.
- A 720p HD4 camera, dual-microphone array, DTS Studio Sound and included CyberLink YouCam software enable easy face-to-face communication and the creation of HD web videos.
- Premium materials, including durable, scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla® Glass® 2 and an all-magnesium chassis.
- Enterprise-class docking capabilities for simple connectivity to a display, keyboard, mouse, additional ports or printer.(2)
- WWAN,(5) USB 3.0, DisplayPort and secure NFC(6) for simple, secure on-the-go(7) productivity, plus enterprise-class, common docking capabilities for full connectivity at the office.
- Enterprise-class components and solid-state drive options up to 256 GB with Intel Rapid Start Technology,(8) ready in as fast as 5 milliseconds.(9)
Work anywhere with easy deployment, management and security
As with all HP EliteBooks, the HP Revolve is packed with all the tools IT needs to securely deploy and manage a fleet across an enterprise, including:
- Enterprise IT tools such as Active Directory, domain join, PXE boot support and a range of HP Client Management solutions, allowing for secure deployment and effective fleet management.
- HP Client Security(10) to provide protection at every layer, including HP BIOS Protection and Microsoft Defender(11) or Microsoft Security Essentials; an embedded, certified TPM security chip for data encryption; and four years of HP Absolute Data Protect to help further protect the device, data and user identity.
- HP Global Series and HP Custom Integration Services for simple deployment across a global enterprise with consistent global configurations and customization options such as corporate image loading.
- Print directly to any ePrint-capable HP printer or to a networked HP printer without the need for downloading drivers. HP ePrint software(12) also allows users to print remotely at more than 24,000 public locations such as hotels and business service retailers.(13)
HP delivers new accessory to expand HP ElitePad ecosystem
In October, HP introduced its first enterprise-class tablet, the HP ElitePad, which was designed from the ground up to better meet the varied needs of enterprise customers. The HP ElitePad launch also included a unique, productivity-enhancing ecosystem of HP ElitePad Smart Jackets(2) and additional accessories.
A new addition to this ecosystem is the HP Multi-Tablet Charging Module,(2) an accessory that helps areas like nurses' stations, classrooms and other workspaces stay tidy while keeping tablets charged and secure for when users need them. The module works with any tablet device up to 10.1 diagonal inches, and is ideal for use with the HP ElitePad tablet and the HP ENVY x2 notebook (announced Aug. 30) -- which doubles as tablet -- whether the notebook is being used standalone or with an HP Smart Jacket or keyboard.
The HP EliteBook Revolve is expected to be available in the United States in March 2013. Pricing information will be announced closer to that date.
The HP Multi-Tablet Charging Module is expected to be available in the United States in January 2013 for a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $499.(14)
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows 8 functionality. Details, www.microsoft.com.
(2) HD content required to view HD images.
(3) Sold separately or as an optional feature.
(4) Approximate starting at weight based on preproduction model and may vary with final product. The total z-dimension is estimated to be 22.4 mm, which is the thinnest point on this product.
(5) Broadband use requires separately purchased service contract. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in specific area.
(6) NFC software is not included and is sold separately. Internet access required.
(7) Internet access required.
(8) Requires a compatible Intel Core processor, Intel Rapid Start software and BIOS update, and optional Solid State Drive (SSD) or mSATA flash cache module. Depending on system configuration, results may vary.
(9) Based on PCMark testing. Depending on system configuration, results may vary.
(10) Requires Windows 8 and initial user set up.
(11) Opt in and internet connection required for updates.
(12) Requires an internet connection to HP web-enabled printer and HP ePrint account registration (a list of eligible printers, supported documents and image types, and other HP ePrint details is available at www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter). Requires optional broadband module. Broadband use requires separately purchased service contract. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in specific area. Separately purchased data plans or usage fees may apply. Print times and connection speeds may vary.
(13) Use of HP ePrint at HP Public Print locations requires internet- and email-capable smartphone or tablet with separately purchased wireless internet service, and the HP ePrint or HP ePrint software. Availability and cost of printing varies by location. A list of applicable smartphone and tablet operating systems is available at www.hp.com/go/eprintmobile.
(14) Estimated U.S. retail prices. Actual prices may vary.
Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; assumptions related to pension and other post-retirement costs and retirement programs; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2012 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2011. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
It’s been proven time and time again that in tech, diversity drives greater innovation, better team productivity and greater profits and market share. So what can we do in our DevOps teams to embrace diversity and help transform the culture of development and operations into a true “DevOps” team? In her session at DevOps Summit, Stefana Muller, Director, Product Management – Continuous Delivery at CA Technologies, answered that question citing examples, showing how to create opportunities for ...
Aug. 30, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 466
Whether you like it or not, DevOps is on track for a remarkable alliance with security. The SEC didn’t approve the merger. And your boss hasn’t heard anything about it. Yet, this unruly triumvirate will soon dominate and deliver DevSecOps faster, cheaper, better, and on an unprecedented scale. In his session at DevOps Summit, Frank Bunger, VP of Customer Success at ScriptRock, will discuss how this cathartic moment will propel the DevOps movement from such stuff as dreams are made on to a prac...
Aug. 30, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 202
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Aug. 30, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 378
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Aug. 30, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 422
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and a...
Aug. 29, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 419
Red Hat is investing in Tesora, the number one contributor to OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) also ranked among the top 20 companies contributing to OpenStack overall. Tesora, the company bringing OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) to the enterprise, has announced that Red Hat and others have invested in the company as a part of Tesora's latest funding round. The funding agreement expands on the ongoing collaboration between Tesora and Red Hat, which dates back to Febr...
Aug. 29, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 317
The Internet of Things (IoT) is about the digitization of physical assets including sensors, devices, machines, gateways, and the network. It creates possibilities for significant value creation and new revenue generating business models via data democratization and ubiquitous analytics across IoT networks. The explosion of data in all forms in IoT requires a more robust and broader lens in order to enable smarter timely actions and better outcomes. Business operations become the key driver of I...
Aug. 29, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 374
In their Live Hack” presentation at 17th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty and Paul Fletcher, Chief Security Evangelists at Alert Logic, will provide the audience with a chance to see a live demonstration of the common tools cyber attackers use to attack cloud and traditional IT systems. This “Live Hack” uses open source attack tools that are free and available for download by anybody. Attendees will learn where to find and how to operate these tools for the purpose of testing their own IT infrastructu...
Aug. 29, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 377
SYS-CON Events announced today that DataClear Inc. will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The DataClear ‘BlackBox’ is the only solution that moves your PC, browsing and data out of the United States and away from prying (and spying) eyes. Its solution automatically builds you a clean, on-demand, virus free, new virtual cloud based PC outside of the United States, and wipes it clean...
Aug. 29, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 366
Culture is the most important ingredient of DevOps. The challenge for most organizations is defining and communicating a vision of beneficial DevOps culture for their organizations, and then facilitating the changes needed to achieve that. Often this comes down to an ability to provide true leadership. As a CIO, are your direct reports IT managers or are they IT leaders? The hard truth is that many IT managers have risen through the ranks based on their technical skills, not their leadership ab...
Aug. 29, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 319
A producer of the first smartphones and tablets, presenter Lee M. Williams will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, COO of ETwater, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ET...
Aug. 29, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 103
Cloud and datacenter migration innovator AppZero has joined the Microsoft Enterprise Cloud Alliance Program. AppZero is a fast, flexible way to move Windows Server applications from any source machine – physical or virtual – to any destination server, in any cloud or datacenter, using its patented container technology. AppZero’s container is also called a Virtual Application Appliance (VAA). To facilitate Microsoft Azure onboarding, AppZero has two purpose-built offerings: AppZero SP for Azure,...
Aug. 29, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 146
WSM International, the pioneer and leader in server migration services, has announced an agreement with WHOA.com, a leader in providing secure public, private and hybrid cloud computing services. Under terms of the agreement, WSM will provide migration services to WHOA.com customers to relocate some or all of their applications, digital assets, and other computing workloads to WHOA.com enterprise-class, secure cloud infrastructure. The migration services include detailed evaluation and planning...
Aug. 29, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 142
This Enterprise Strategy Group lab validation report of the NEC Express5800/R320 server with Intel® Xeon® processor presents the benefits of 99.999% uptime NEC fault-tolerant servers that lower overall virtualized server total cost of ownership. This report also includes survey data on the significant costs associated with system outages impacting enterprise and web applications. Click Here to Download Report Now!
Aug. 29, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 152
IBM’s Blue Box Cloud, powered by OpenStack, is now available in any of IBM’s globally integrated cloud data centers running SoftLayer infrastructure. Less than 90 days after its acquisition of Blue Box, IBM has integrated its Blue Box Cloud Dedicated private-cloud-as-a-service into its broader portfolio of OpenStack® based solutions. The announcement, made today at the OpenStack Silicon Valley event, further highlights IBM’s continued support to deliver OpenStack solutions across all cloud depl...
Aug. 29, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 200