|By Marketwired .||
|December 5, 2012 12:01 AM EST||
FRANKFURT, GERMANY -- (Marketwire) -- 12/05/12 -- HP (NYSE: HPQ) today extends its business tablet portfolio with the announcement of its next-generation convertible tablet, the HP EliteBook Revolve -- a touch-enabled notebook that pivots to let users share their work and folds to go mobile as a tablet.
With the ability to transform with the flick of the wrist to deliver a convertible computing solution to match any need, the HP EliteBook Revolve is designed for business and government customers who require both an ultrathin notebook and a touch-enabled tablet. Driven by the latest, third-generation Intel® Core processors and optimized for Windows® 8,(1) the HP EliteBook Revolve offers the incredible performance and visuals of a full-power notebook alongside the flexibility of quickly switching to a tablet with a touch-enabled high-definition (HD)(2) display.
HP also released a new HP Multi-Tablet Charging Module,(3) which quickly and easily charges and stores up to 10 tablet PCs with just one power outlet. Suitable for a range of different work environments, the module secures all docked tablets with a locking mechanism and a keyed lock on the fold-back doors.
"Employees want computing devices that work the way they do -- flexibly and able to adapt to any situation," said Dan Forlenza, vice president and general manager, Commercial Managed IT Segment, HP. "HP is committed to ensuring its Elite portfolio of tablet solutions will provide customers the features their employees need for maximum productivity, with a design they'll be proud to carry everywhere they go, all without sacrificing the enterprise services and protection that take the headache away from IT."
An HP EliteBook that bends over backwards to get more done
With a touch-enabled display that pivots to let users share their work or revolves and folds to go ultramobile as a tablet, the HP EliteBook Revolve is designed for busy enterprise environments. Representing the ninth generation of HP's line of convertible tablets, it has all the tools needed to get the job done, including:
- Windows 7 Pro or Windows 8 Pro for a familiar PC experience with the intuitive experience of touch, all driven by the latest Intel processors.
- An 11.6-inch diagonal HD(3) display packed into a 3.04 lb design(4) allows for mobile freedom without sacrificing performance.
- Automatic adjustments to screen orientation, brightness and more based on position, as well as a full-sized, backlit keyboard and optional pen.
- A 720p HD4 camera, dual-microphone array, DTS Studio Sound and included CyberLink YouCam software enable easy face-to-face communication and the creation of HD web videos.
- Premium materials, including durable, scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla® Glass® 2 and an all-magnesium chassis.
- Enterprise-class docking capabilities for simple connectivity to a display, keyboard, mouse, additional ports or printer.(2)
- WWAN,(5) USB 3.0, DisplayPort and secure NFC(6) for simple, secure on-the-go(7) productivity, plus enterprise-class, common docking capabilities for full connectivity at the office.
- Enterprise-class components and solid-state drive options up to 256 GB with Intel Rapid Start Technology,(8) ready in as fast as 5 milliseconds.(9)
Work anywhere with easy deployment, management and security
As with all HP EliteBooks, the HP Revolve is packed with all the tools IT needs to securely deploy and manage a fleet across an enterprise, including:
- Enterprise IT tools such as Active Directory, domain join, PXE boot support and a range of HP Client Management solutions, allowing for secure deployment and effective fleet management.
- HP Client Security(10) to provide protection at every layer, including HP BIOS Protection and Microsoft Defender(11) or Microsoft Security Essentials; an embedded, certified TPM security chip for data encryption; and four years of HP Absolute Data Protect to help further protect the device, data and user identity.
- HP Global Series and HP Custom Integration Services for simple deployment across a global enterprise with consistent global configurations and customization options such as corporate image loading.
- Print directly to any ePrint-capable HP printer or to a networked HP printer without the need for downloading drivers. HP ePrint software(12) also allows users to print remotely at more than 24,000 public locations such as hotels and business service retailers.(13)
HP delivers new accessory to expand HP ElitePad ecosystem
In October, HP introduced its first enterprise-class tablet, the HP ElitePad, which was designed from the ground up to better meet the varied needs of enterprise customers. The HP ElitePad launch also included a unique, productivity-enhancing ecosystem of HP ElitePad Smart Jackets(2) and additional accessories.
A new addition to this ecosystem is the HP Multi-Tablet Charging Module,(2) an accessory that helps areas like nurses' stations, classrooms and other workspaces stay tidy while keeping tablets charged and secure for when users need them. The module works with any tablet device up to 10.1 diagonal inches, and is ideal for use with the HP ElitePad tablet and the HP ENVY x2 notebook (announced Aug. 30) -- which doubles as tablet -- whether the notebook is being used standalone or with an HP Smart Jacket or keyboard.
The HP EliteBook Revolve is expected to be available in the United States in March 2013. Pricing information will be announced closer to that date.
The HP Multi-Tablet Charging Module is expected to be available in the United States in January 2013 for a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $499.(14)
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows 8 functionality. Details, www.microsoft.com.
(2) HD content required to view HD images.
(3) Sold separately or as an optional feature.
(4) Approximate starting at weight based on preproduction model and may vary with final product. The total z-dimension is estimated to be 22.4 mm, which is the thinnest point on this product.
(5) Broadband use requires separately purchased service contract. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in specific area.
(6) NFC software is not included and is sold separately. Internet access required.
(7) Internet access required.
(8) Requires a compatible Intel Core processor, Intel Rapid Start software and BIOS update, and optional Solid State Drive (SSD) or mSATA flash cache module. Depending on system configuration, results may vary.
(9) Based on PCMark testing. Depending on system configuration, results may vary.
(10) Requires Windows 8 and initial user set up.
(11) Opt in and internet connection required for updates.
(12) Requires an internet connection to HP web-enabled printer and HP ePrint account registration (a list of eligible printers, supported documents and image types, and other HP ePrint details is available at www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter). Requires optional broadband module. Broadband use requires separately purchased service contract. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in specific area. Separately purchased data plans or usage fees may apply. Print times and connection speeds may vary.
(13) Use of HP ePrint at HP Public Print locations requires internet- and email-capable smartphone or tablet with separately purchased wireless internet service, and the HP ePrint or HP ePrint software. Availability and cost of printing varies by location. A list of applicable smartphone and tablet operating systems is available at www.hp.com/go/eprintmobile.
(14) Estimated U.S. retail prices. Actual prices may vary.
Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; assumptions related to pension and other post-retirement costs and retirement programs; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2012 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2011. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Dec. 8, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 315
"Qosmos has launched L7Viewer, a network traffic analysis tool, so it analyzes all the traffic between the virtual machine and the data center and the virtual machine and the external world," stated Sebastien Synold, Product Line Manager at Qosmos, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 06:45 PM EST Reads: 923
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 8, 2016 05:45 PM EST Reads: 1,714
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Dec. 8, 2016 05:45 PM EST Reads: 929
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 8, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,810
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,839
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 2,243
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,963
"We are a leader in the market space called network visibility solutions - it enables monitoring tools and Big Data analysis to access the data and be able to see the performance," explained Shay Morag, VP of Sales and Marketing at Niagara Networks, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 356
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 2,309
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 279
"We are a modern development application platform and we have a suite of products that allow you to application release automation, we do version control, and we do application life cycle management," explained Flint Brenton, CEO of CollabNet, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,074
Regulatory requirements exist to promote the controlled sharing of information, while protecting the privacy and/or security of the information. Regulations for each type of information have their own set of rules, policies, and guidelines. Cloud Service Providers (CSP) are faced with increasing demand for services at decreasing prices. Demonstrating and maintaining compliance with regulations is a nontrivial task and doing so against numerous sets of regulatory requirements can be daunting task...
Dec. 8, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 1,081
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 8, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 1,226
"This is specifically designed to accommodate some of the needs for high availability and failover in a network managed system for the major Korean corporations," stated Thomas Masters, Managing Director at InfranicsUSA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 03:15 PM EST Reads: 313