|By Marketwired .||
|December 5, 2012 12:01 AM EST||
FRANKFURT, GERMANY -- (Marketwire) -- 12/05/12 -- HP (NYSE: HPQ) today extends its business tablet portfolio with the announcement of its next-generation convertible tablet, the HP EliteBook Revolve -- a touch-enabled notebook that pivots to let users share their work and folds to go mobile as a tablet.
With the ability to transform with the flick of the wrist to deliver a convertible computing solution to match any need, the HP EliteBook Revolve is designed for business and government customers who require both an ultrathin notebook and a touch-enabled tablet. Driven by the latest, third-generation Intel® Core processors and optimized for Windows® 8,(1) the HP EliteBook Revolve offers the incredible performance and visuals of a full-power notebook alongside the flexibility of quickly switching to a tablet with a touch-enabled high-definition (HD)(2) display.
HP also released a new HP Multi-Tablet Charging Module,(3) which quickly and easily charges and stores up to 10 tablet PCs with just one power outlet. Suitable for a range of different work environments, the module secures all docked tablets with a locking mechanism and a keyed lock on the fold-back doors.
"Employees want computing devices that work the way they do -- flexibly and able to adapt to any situation," said Dan Forlenza, vice president and general manager, Commercial Managed IT Segment, HP. "HP is committed to ensuring its Elite portfolio of tablet solutions will provide customers the features their employees need for maximum productivity, with a design they'll be proud to carry everywhere they go, all without sacrificing the enterprise services and protection that take the headache away from IT."
An HP EliteBook that bends over backwards to get more done
With a touch-enabled display that pivots to let users share their work or revolves and folds to go ultramobile as a tablet, the HP EliteBook Revolve is designed for busy enterprise environments. Representing the ninth generation of HP's line of convertible tablets, it has all the tools needed to get the job done, including:
- Windows 7 Pro or Windows 8 Pro for a familiar PC experience with the intuitive experience of touch, all driven by the latest Intel processors.
- An 11.6-inch diagonal HD(3) display packed into a 3.04 lb design(4) allows for mobile freedom without sacrificing performance.
- Automatic adjustments to screen orientation, brightness and more based on position, as well as a full-sized, backlit keyboard and optional pen.
- A 720p HD4 camera, dual-microphone array, DTS Studio Sound and included CyberLink YouCam software enable easy face-to-face communication and the creation of HD web videos.
- Premium materials, including durable, scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla® Glass® 2 and an all-magnesium chassis.
- Enterprise-class docking capabilities for simple connectivity to a display, keyboard, mouse, additional ports or printer.(2)
- WWAN,(5) USB 3.0, DisplayPort and secure NFC(6) for simple, secure on-the-go(7) productivity, plus enterprise-class, common docking capabilities for full connectivity at the office.
- Enterprise-class components and solid-state drive options up to 256 GB with Intel Rapid Start Technology,(8) ready in as fast as 5 milliseconds.(9)
Work anywhere with easy deployment, management and security
As with all HP EliteBooks, the HP Revolve is packed with all the tools IT needs to securely deploy and manage a fleet across an enterprise, including:
- Enterprise IT tools such as Active Directory, domain join, PXE boot support and a range of HP Client Management solutions, allowing for secure deployment and effective fleet management.
- HP Client Security(10) to provide protection at every layer, including HP BIOS Protection and Microsoft Defender(11) or Microsoft Security Essentials; an embedded, certified TPM security chip for data encryption; and four years of HP Absolute Data Protect to help further protect the device, data and user identity.
- HP Global Series and HP Custom Integration Services for simple deployment across a global enterprise with consistent global configurations and customization options such as corporate image loading.
- Print directly to any ePrint-capable HP printer or to a networked HP printer without the need for downloading drivers. HP ePrint software(12) also allows users to print remotely at more than 24,000 public locations such as hotels and business service retailers.(13)
HP delivers new accessory to expand HP ElitePad ecosystem
In October, HP introduced its first enterprise-class tablet, the HP ElitePad, which was designed from the ground up to better meet the varied needs of enterprise customers. The HP ElitePad launch also included a unique, productivity-enhancing ecosystem of HP ElitePad Smart Jackets(2) and additional accessories.
A new addition to this ecosystem is the HP Multi-Tablet Charging Module,(2) an accessory that helps areas like nurses' stations, classrooms and other workspaces stay tidy while keeping tablets charged and secure for when users need them. The module works with any tablet device up to 10.1 diagonal inches, and is ideal for use with the HP ElitePad tablet and the HP ENVY x2 notebook (announced Aug. 30) -- which doubles as tablet -- whether the notebook is being used standalone or with an HP Smart Jacket or keyboard.
The HP EliteBook Revolve is expected to be available in the United States in March 2013. Pricing information will be announced closer to that date.
The HP Multi-Tablet Charging Module is expected to be available in the United States in January 2013 for a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $499.(14)
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows 8 functionality. Details, www.microsoft.com.
(2) HD content required to view HD images.
(3) Sold separately or as an optional feature.
(4) Approximate starting at weight based on preproduction model and may vary with final product. The total z-dimension is estimated to be 22.4 mm, which is the thinnest point on this product.
(5) Broadband use requires separately purchased service contract. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in specific area.
(6) NFC software is not included and is sold separately. Internet access required.
(7) Internet access required.
(8) Requires a compatible Intel Core processor, Intel Rapid Start software and BIOS update, and optional Solid State Drive (SSD) or mSATA flash cache module. Depending on system configuration, results may vary.
(9) Based on PCMark testing. Depending on system configuration, results may vary.
(10) Requires Windows 8 and initial user set up.
(11) Opt in and internet connection required for updates.
(12) Requires an internet connection to HP web-enabled printer and HP ePrint account registration (a list of eligible printers, supported documents and image types, and other HP ePrint details is available at www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter). Requires optional broadband module. Broadband use requires separately purchased service contract. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in specific area. Separately purchased data plans or usage fees may apply. Print times and connection speeds may vary.
(13) Use of HP ePrint at HP Public Print locations requires internet- and email-capable smartphone or tablet with separately purchased wireless internet service, and the HP ePrint or HP ePrint software. Availability and cost of printing varies by location. A list of applicable smartphone and tablet operating systems is available at www.hp.com/go/eprintmobile.
(14) Estimated U.S. retail prices. Actual prices may vary.
Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; assumptions related to pension and other post-retirement costs and retirement programs; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2012 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2011. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises ar...
Jul. 3, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 754
The 5th International DevOps Summit, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo – being held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the ...
Jul. 3, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 670
DevOps Summit, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development...
Jul. 3, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 812
IT data is typically silo'd by the various tools in place. Unifying all the log, metric and event data in one analytics platform stops finger pointing and provides the end-to-end correlation. Logs, metrics and custom event data can be joined to tell the holistic story of your software and operations. For example, users can correlate code deploys to system performance to application error codes. In his session at DevOps Summit, Michael Demmer, VP of Engineering at Jut, will discuss how this can...
Jul. 3, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 920
"Plutora provides release and testing environment capabilities to the enterprise," explained Dalibor Siroky, Director and Co-founder of Plutora, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 3, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,283
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding bu...
Jul. 3, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 643
"AgilData is the next generation of dbShards. It just adds a whole bunch more functionality to improve the developer experience," noted Dan Lynn, CEO of AgilData, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 3, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 952
The basic integration architecture, as defined by ESBs, hasn’t changed for more than a decade. Most cloud integration providers still rely on an ESB architecture and their proprietary connectors. As a result, enterprise integration projects suffer from constraints of availability and reliability of these connectors that are not re-usable across other integration vendors. However, the rapid adoption of APIs and almost ubiquitous availability of APIs amongst most SaaS and Cloud applications are ra...
Jul. 3, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 873
SYS-CON Events announced today that Secure Infrastructure & Services will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS) is a managed services provider of cloud computing solutions for the IBM Power Systems market. The company helps mid-market firms built on IBM hardware platforms to deploy new levels of reliable and cost-effective computing and hig...
Jul. 3, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 770
"We help to transform an organization and their operations and make them more efficient, more agile, and more nimble to move into the cloud or to move between cloud providers and create an agnostic tool set," noted Jeremy Steinert, DevOps Services Practice Lead at WSM International, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 3, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 838
The most often asked question post-DevOps introduction is: “How do I get started?” There’s plenty of information on why DevOps is valid and important, but many managers still struggle with simple basics for how to initiate a DevOps program in their business. They struggle with issues related to current organizational inertia, the lack of experience on Continuous Integration/Delivery, understanding where DevOps will affect revenue and budget, etc. In their session at DevOps Summit, JP Morgenthal...
Jul. 3, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 924
The time is ripe for high speed resilient software defined storage solutions with unlimited scalability. ISS has been working with the leading open source projects and developed a commercial high performance solution that is able to grow forever without performance limitations. In his session at Cloud Expo, Alex Gorbachev, President of Intelligent Systems Services Inc., shared foundation principles of Ceph architecture, as well as the design to deliver this storage to traditional SAN storage co...
Jul. 3, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,150
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Jul. 3, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,188
Overgrown applications have given way to modular applications, driven by the need to break larger problems into smaller problems. Similarly large monolithic development processes have been forced to be broken into smaller agile development cycles. Looking at trends in software development, microservices architectures meet the same demands. Additional benefits of microservices architectures are compartmentalization and a limited impact of service failure versus a complete software malfunction. ...
Jul. 3, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,174
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect t...
Jul. 3, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,409