|By PR Newswire||
|December 5, 2012 04:02 AM EST||
AURORA, Ill., Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- AAA Chicago's most recent Fuel Gauge Report estimates that in Illinois, the average regular unleaded gasoline prices decreased $.24 in November with an average cost of $3.52 for the month. This price is $.04 higher than last year.
In northern Indiana, gas prices averaged $3.43 in November, which is down $.16 from October 2012 and up $.10 from November 2011. For both Illinois and Indiana, this is the lowest monthly average since January 2012.
"Most motorists managed to save a little money on gasoline just in time for holiday shopping," said Beth Mosher, AAA Chicago spokesperson. "Prices unfortunately did not fall as quickly as most of us would have liked as a result of factors ranging from fighting in the Middle East to optimism over the 'fiscal cliff.'"
AAA predicts that gas prices will slowly drop through the end of the year and average between $3.20-$3.40 a gallon (national average) by New Year's Day.
Other monthly averages across the region:
- In Cook County, Ill., self-serve regular unleaded gasoline averages $3.71, which is down $.25 from last month and $.08 higher than last year's price-per-gallon.
- In DuPage County, Ill., self-serve regular unleaded gasoline averages $3.57 per gallon, which is a $.22 decrease from October and up $.04 from last year.
- In Kane County, Ill., self-serve regular unleaded gasoline averages $3.54 per gallon, which is $.23 lower compared to last month and $.05 higher than November 2011's price.
- In Lake County, Ill., self-serve regular unleaded gasoline averages $3.54 per gallon, which is $.23 lower than last month and up by $.07 compared to this time last year.
- In McHenry County, Ill., self-serve regular unleaded gasoline averages $3.50 per gallon, which is $.27 lower than last month's average and $.06 higher than November 2011's price.
- In Will County, Ill., self-serve regular unleaded gasoline averages $3.51 per gallon, which is $.22 lower compared to last month and $.03 higher compared to last year.
- In Champaign County, Ill., self-serve regular unleaded gasoline averages $3.46 per gallon, a decrease of $.12 from October and an increase of $.09 from last year.
- In McLean County, Ill., self-serve regular unleaded gasoline averages $3.40 per gallon, which is $.15 lower from last month and $.09 higher than last year.
- In Peoria County, Ill., self-serve regular unleaded gasoline averages $3.45 per gallon, which is down $.20 compared to last month and up $.07 from November 2011.
- In Sangamon County, Ill., self-serve regular unleaded gasoline averages $3.38 per gallon, which is $.17 lower than last month and $.01 higher than last year.
- In Winnebago County, Ill., self-serve regular unleaded gasoline averages $3.47 per gallon, a decrease of $.20 from October and $.05 higher than November 2011.
- In Allen County, Ind., self-serve regular unleaded gasoline averages $3.45 per gallon, which is $.14 lower from last month and $.13 higher than November 2011's price.
- In Lake County, Ind., self-serve regular unleaded gasoline averages $3.43 per gallon, a $.16 decrease from October's average and a $.09 increase from a year ago.
- In Porter County, Ind., self-serve regular unleaded gasoline averages $3.43 per gallon, which is $.15 lower than last month and $.12 higher than last year.
- In St. Joseph County, Ind., self-serve regular unleaded gasoline averages $3.46 per gallon, which is $.19 lower compared to last month and $.14 higher compared to last year.
Fuel prices are posted on-line at www.fuelgaugereport.com, which updates prices daily for unleaded, diesel and E85 blends of fuel.
SOURCE AAA Chicago
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jul. 25, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,717
UpGuard has become a member of the Center for Internet Security (CIS), and will continue to help businesses expand visibility into their cyber risk by providing hardening benchmarks to all customers. By incorporating these benchmarks, UpGuard's CSTAR solution builds on its lead in providing the most complete assessment of both internal and external cyber risk. CIS benchmarks are a widely accepted set of hardening guidelines that have been publicly available for years. Numerous solutions exist t...
Jul. 25, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 396
Unless your company can spend a lot of money on new technology, re-engineering your environment and hiring a comprehensive cybersecurity team, you will most likely move to the cloud or seek external service partnerships. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Darren Guccione, CEO of Keeper Security, revealed what you need to know when it comes to encryption in the cloud.
Jul. 25, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,393
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
Jul. 25, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,070
"Software-defined storage is a big problem in this industry because so many people have different definitions as they see fit to use it," stated Peter McCallum, VP of Datacenter Solutions at FalconStor Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 25, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,407
Actian Corporation has announced the latest version of the Actian Vector in Hadoop (VectorH) database, generally available at the end of July. VectorH is based on the same query engine that powers Actian Vector, which recently doubled the TPC-H benchmark record for non-clustered systems at the 3000GB scale factor (see tpc.org/3323). The ability to easily ingest information from different data sources and rapidly develop queries to make better business decisions is becoming increasingly importan...
Jul. 25, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 736
StackIQ has announced the release of Stacki 3.2. Stacki is an easy-to-use Linux server provisioning tool. Stacki 3.2 delivers new capabilities that simplify the automation and integration of site-specific requirements. StackIQ is the commercial entity behind this open source bare metal provisioning tool. Since the release of Stacki in June of 2015, the Stacki core team has been focused on making the Community Edition meet the needs of members of the community, adding features and value, while ...
Jul. 25, 2016 04:38 PM EDT Reads: 157
Using new techniques of information modeling, indexing, and processing, new cloud-based systems can support cloud-based workloads previously not possible for high-throughput insurance, banking, and case-based applications. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, John Newton, CTO, Founder and Chairman of Alfresco, described how to scale cloud-based content management repositories to store, manage, and retrieve billions of documents and related information with fast and linear scalability. He addres...
Jul. 25, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 993
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 25, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 943
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Jul. 25, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,685
Ixia (Nasdaq: XXIA) has announced that NoviFlow Inc.has deployed IxNetwork® to validate the company’s designs and accelerate the delivery of its proven, reliable products. Based in Montréal, NoviFlow Inc. supports network carriers, hyperscale data center operators, and enterprises seeking greater network control and flexibility, network scalability, and the capacity to handle extremely large numbers of flows, while maintaining maximum network performance. To meet these requirements, NoviFlow in...
Jul. 25, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 417
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 25, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,969
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 25, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 859
The competitive landscape of the global cloud computing market in the healthcare industry is crowded due to the presence of a large number of players. The large number of participants has led to the fragmented nature of the market. Some of the major players operating in the global cloud computing market in the healthcare industry are Cisco Systems Inc., Carestream Health Inc., Carecloud Corp., AGFA Healthcare, IBM Corp., Cleardata Networks, Merge Healthcare Inc., Microsoft Corp., Intel Corp., an...
Jul. 25, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 866
Is your aging software platform suffering from technical debt while the market changes and demands new solutions at a faster clip? It’s a bold move, but you might consider walking away from your core platform and starting fresh. ReadyTalk did exactly that. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and over a decade of audio conferencing product development to start an innovati...
Jul. 25, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 957