|By Business Wire||
|December 6, 2012 03:01 AM EST||
Click to Tweet: Veeam Expands Strategic Initiatives with Support for HP 3PAR StoreServ 7000 Storage
- Veeam Software, innovative provider of backup, replication and virtualization management solutions for VMware vSphere and Windows Server Hyper-V, announces it has expanded integration with HP to include SAN snapshot recovery for HP 3PAR StoreServ 7000 Storage using HP 3PAR Virtual Copy Software. Currently, Veeam Explorer for SAN Snapshots enables IT administrators to recover virtual machines (VMs) or data directly from HP StoreVirtual Storage snapshots within the Veeam Backup & Replication application. Veeam support for the new 3PAR StoreServ 7000 Storage and all other 3PAR models is expected to become available in the first half of 2013.
- Most industry experts agree that modern data protection should include the use of storage snapshots as part of a comprehensive data protection strategy. Veeam Explorer for SAN Snapshots was created to combine recovery from SAN snapshots and backups into a cohesive, multi-tier solution with no compromises. Multi-tier recovery offers the best of both worlds: fast recovery from frequent SAN snapshots and the security of a second copy of data.
Veeam Explorer for SAN Snapshots has capabilities that are:
- Fully automated process mounts the selected SAN snapshot and protects integrity of production LUNs.
- Recover single files from SAN snapshots in a few minutes.
- Restore VMs without staging or intermediate steps.
- Recover an entire VM in two minutes or less.
- One integrated recovery environment for every recovery scenario.
- Easy-to-use wizards for recovery of VMs, files and application items.
- No agents to deploy on hosts or VMs.
- Affordable – Included in all editions of Veeam Backup & Replication 6.5, as well as Veeam Backup Free Edition.
Ratmir Timashev, President and CEO, Veeam Software
“We already have many enterprise customers today who are using HP 3PAR Storage with Virtual Copy snapshots with great success in their virtualized environments. The platform’s performance and ease of use are outstanding. With new HP 3PAR StoreServ 7000 Storage models introducing Tier 1 storage with midrange affordability, many more customers can deploy a complete data protection solution using Veeam snapshot recovery technology. In addition, Veeam will support all other 3PAR models, so customers will have even more options. ”
Steve Crimi, Director, Storage Solutions and Alliances, HP
“To ensure business continuity, midsized organizations need Tier 1 storage resiliency with business protection that provides rapid data restoration. HP 3PAR StoreServ 7000 Storage with Virtual Copy snapshots paired with Veeam Backup & Replication delivers lightning-fast recovery capabilities that allows clients to restore virtual environments before daily workflow or new business opportunities can be disrupted.”
Veeam Explorer for SAN Snapshots with support for HP 3PAR StoreServ 7000 Storage and all other 3PAR models is expected to be available in the first half of 2013. To learn more, visit: http://go.veeam.com/san-snapshot-explorer.html.
Connect with Veeam:
- Communities & Social Networks: http://www.veeam.com/communities.html
- News RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/VeeamNews
About Veeam Software
Veeam® Software develops innovative solutions for VMware backup, Hyper-V backup, and virtualization management. Veeam Backup & Replication™ is the #1 VM Backup solution. Veeam ONE™ is a single solution for real-time monitoring, resource optimization and management reporting for VMware and Hyper-V. The Veeam Management Pack™ (MP) and Smart Plug-in™ (SPI) extend enterprise monitoring to VMware through Microsoft System Center and HP Operations Manager. Veeam also provides free virtualization tools. Learn more by visiting http://www.veeam.com/.
Web Links Referenced in this Release:
- Veeam Software: http://www.veeam.com
- HP 3PAR StoreServ 7000 Storage: http://www.hp.com/go/storeserv7000
- Explorer for SAN Snapshots: http://go.veeam.com/san-snapshot-explorer.html
- HP StoreVirtual Storage: http://www.hp.com/go/StoreVirtual
- VMware backup: http://www.veeam.com/vmware-esx-backup.html
- Hyper-V backup: http://www.veeam.com/microsoft-hyper-v-server-backup-recovery-replication.html
- Virtualization management: http://www.veeam.com/virtualization-management-one-solution.html
- VM Backup: http://www.veeam.com/vm-backup-recovery-replication-software.html
- Free virtualization tools: http://www.veeam.com/free-virtualization-software-vmware-hyper-v.html
Large scale deployments present unique planning challenges, system commissioning hurdles between IT and OT and demand careful system hand-off orchestration. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jeff Smith, Senior Director and a founding member of Incenergy, will discuss some of the key tactics to ensure delivery success based on his experience of the last two years deploying Industrial IoT systems across four continents.
Jul. 26, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,522
Most organizations prioritize data security only after their data has already been compromised. Proactive prevention is important, but how can you accomplish that on a small budget? Learn how the cloud, combined with a defense and in-depth approach, creates efficiencies by transferring and assigning risk. Security requires a multi-defense approach, and an in-house team may only be able to cherry pick from the essential components. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Vlad Friedman, CEO/Founder o...
Jul. 26, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,868
"We host and fully manage cloud data services, whether we store, the data, move the data, or run analytics on the data," stated Kamal Shannak, Senior Development Manager, Cloud Data Services, IBM, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 26, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,227
CenturyLink has announced that application server solutions from GENBAND are now available as part of CenturyLink’s Networx contracts. The General Services Administration (GSA)’s Networx program includes the largest telecommunications contract vehicles ever awarded by the federal government. CenturyLink recently secured an extension through spring 2020 of its offerings available to federal government agencies via GSA’s Networx Universal and Enterprise contracts. GENBAND’s EXPERiUS™ Application...
Jul. 26, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,830
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Jul. 26, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,065
"We view the cloud not really as a specific technology but as a way of doing business and that way of doing business is transforming the way software, infrastructure and services are being delivered to business," explained Matthew Rosen, CEO and Director at Fusion, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 26, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,537
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develo...
Jul. 26, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,328
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Jul. 26, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,193
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MangoApps provides modern company intranets and team collaboration software, allowing workers to stay connected and productive from anywhere in the world and from any device.
Jul. 26, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,308
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 26, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,688
"This week we're really focusing on scalability, asset preservation and how do you back up to the cloud and in the cloud with object storage, which is really a new way of attacking dealing with your file, your blocked data, where you put it and how you access it," stated Jeff Greenwald, Senior Director of Market Development at HGST, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 26, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,476
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, explained how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
Jul. 26, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 997
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Jul. 26, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,530
In today's uber-connected, consumer-centric, cloud-enabled, insights-driven, multi-device, global world, the focus of solutions has shifted from the product that is sold to the person who is buying the product or service. Enterprises have rebranded their business around the consumers of their products. The buyer is the person and the focus is not on the offering. The person is connected through multiple devices, wearables, at home, on the road, and in multiple locations, sometimes simultaneously...
Jul. 26, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 641
“delaPlex Software provides software outsourcing services. We have a hybrid model where we have onshore developers and project managers that we can place anywhere in the U.S. or in Europe,” explained Manish Sachdeva, CEO at delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 26, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,545