|By PR Newswire||
|December 6, 2012 12:42 PM EST||
LONDON, Dec. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In recognition of the best and brightest in European industry, Frost & Sullivan granted prestigious Frost & Sullivan Excellence Awards at a glittering ceremony held in London last night.
The awards, based on Frost & Sullivan's unique TEAM Research™ methodology, highlight the achievements of companies, big or small, who innovate, differentiate and delight their customers, while delivering excellence and best practices in their respective industries.
Speaking on the occasion, Gary Jeffery, Partner and UK Operations Director at Frost & Sullivan, noted, "The companies that received awards have shown innovation, competitiveness and leadership in meeting the particular demands of doing business in the current economic climate. The products and services that we recognise should be applauded as examples of how to effectively optimise strategies, performance and processes."
A total of 30 awards were presented across a variety of industries including healthcare, chemicals, materials and foods, information communication technologies, industrial automation and process control and measurement and instrumentation.
Awardees were lauded for exceptional growth and market strategies, product development abilities, competitive advancement skills, technology innovation and dedicated customer focus.
Additionally, at the Frost & Sullivan Excellence Awards ceremony, Partner and Business Unit Leader of Visionary Innovation Research Group, Sarwant Singh, presented his book, "New Mega Trends." He walked the audience through key macro economic forces such as urbanization, new business models, connectivity and convergence with their implications on personal lives, business and markets in the future. He noted, "New Mega Trends, with its micro implications, will affect all players across the entire value chain. We have trends like urbanization, connectivity and convergence that will drive innovation and growth for all companies and define technology and product planning strategies in the future. Companies will need to do this Macro to Micro exercise to analyse the unmet needs of the future customer and capitalize on future white space opportunities."
The findings of the Visionary Innovation Research group have been published recently in "New Mega Trends," which was published by Palgrave Macmillian and can be purchased at this link http://www.palgrave.com/products/title.aspx?pid=577423
The following is a complete list of award recipients:
- InterSystems Corporation - 2012 European Integrated Connected Health Technologies Company of the Year Award
- Eppendorf - 2012 European PCR Instrumentation Green Excellence Award
- Acibadem Mobile Health Services (AMHS) - 2012 Pan European Mobile Healthcare Services Growth Leadership Award
- Alexza Pharmaceuticals, Inc. - 2012 Global Bipolar Disorder Therapeutics Enabling Technology Award
- Attends Healthcare Group - 2012 European Incontinence Care Green Excellence Award
- Zealand Pharma - 2012 Global Therapeutic Peptides for Diabetes New Product Innovation Award
- GAT Food Essentials - 2012 European Food Encapsulation Technology Leadership Award
- CREMER OLEO GmbH & Co. KG - 2012 European Fatty Acid Ester Derivatives Product Line Strategy Award
- Shell - 2012 European Automotive Lubricants Customer Value Enhancement Award
- Ashland Industries Europe - 2012 European Municipal & Industrial Wastewater Treatment Chemicals Customer Value Enhancement Award
- Fleetlogic BV - 2012 European Light Commercial Vehicle Telematics Customer Service Leadership Award
- Alstom Grid - 2012 European VSC HVDC Transmission Technology Innovation Award
- Moventas Gears Oy - 2012 European Gearbox Services Customer Value Enhancement Award
- WEG Electric Motors - 2012 European Electric Motors for Water & Waste Water Customer Value Enhancement Award
- Vacon Plc - 2012 European Low Voltage (LV) Alternating Current (AC) Electric Drives Product Line Strategy Award
- Wartsila Corporation - 2012 European Electric Drives for Marine Industry Customer Value Enhancement Award
- HYPE Innovation - 2012 European End to End Innovation Management Solution New Product Innovation Award
- Teleperformance - 2012 EMEA Contact Centre Outsourcing Customer Value Enhancement Award
- Webtrekk GmbH - 2012 Global Real-time Analytics Technology Innovation Award
- Polystar - 2012 Global Customer Value Enhancement Award in Customer Experience Management (CEM)
- Trescal - 2012 European Calibration Services Market Penetration Leadership Award
- BitBang - 2012 Global Site+Social Analytics Technology Innovation Award
- Aquaporin A/S - 2012 European Biomimetic Membranes for Water Filtration Technology Innovation Award
- REFUsol - 2012 European Solar Inverters Growth Leadership Award
- Baumer Group - 2012 European Light Barriers New Product Innovation Award
- Enecsys LLC - 2012 European Solar Inverters New Product Innovation Award
- PowerCell Sweden AB - 2012 European Technology Innovation Award in Fuel Cell for Auxiliary Power Unit
- Stulz GmbH - 2012 European Precision Air Conditioning Systems (PACS) Product Leadership Award
- BAE Systems Detica - 2012 Global Managed Security Services Customer Value Enhancement Award
- Atos - 2012 Global Innovating to Zero Visionary Innovation Award
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organisation prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Frost & Sullivan
P: +44 (0)20 7915 7869
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Feb. 22, 2017 08:45 AM EST Reads: 1,106
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Feb. 22, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 799
Stratoscale, the software company developing the next generation data center operating system, exhibited at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which took place at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, in June 2016.Stratoscale is revolutionizing the data center with a zero-to-cloud-in-minutes solution. With Stratoscale’s hardware-agnostic, Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) solution to store everything, run anything and scale everywhere, IT is empowered to take control of their data ce...
Feb. 22, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 811
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his Day 2 Keynote at @ThingsExpo, Henrik Kenani Dahlgren, Portfolio Marketing Manager at Ericsson, discussed how to plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the...
Feb. 22, 2017 08:15 AM EST Reads: 4,637
For organizations that have amassed large sums of software complexity, taking a microservices approach is the first step toward DevOps and continuous improvement / development. Integrating system-level analysis with microservices makes it easier to change and add functionality to applications at any time without the increase of risk. Before you start big transformation projects or a cloud migration, make sure these changes won’t take down your entire organization.
Feb. 22, 2017 08:00 AM EST Reads: 613
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of Soli...
Feb. 22, 2017 07:30 AM EST Reads: 271
What are the new priorities for the connected business? First: businesses need to think differently about the types of connections they will need to make – these span well beyond the traditional app to app into more modern forms of integration including SaaS integrations, mobile integrations, APIs, device integration and Big Data integration. It’s important these are unified together vs. doing them all piecemeal. Second, these types of connections need to be simple to design, adapt and configure...
Feb. 22, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 2,893
To manage complex web services with lots of calls to the cloud, many businesses have invested in Application Performance Management (APM) and Network Performance Management (NPM) tools. Together APM and NPM tools are essential aids in improving a business's infrastructure required to support an effective web experience... but they are missing a critical component - Internet visibility.
Feb. 22, 2017 06:45 AM EST Reads: 1,617
Both SaaS vendors and SaaS buyers are going “all-in” to hyperscale IaaS platforms such as AWS, which is disrupting the SaaS value proposition. Why should the enterprise SaaS consumer pay for the SaaS service if their data is resident in adjacent AWS S3 buckets? If both SaaS sellers and buyers are using the same cloud tools, automation and pay-per-transaction model offered by IaaS platforms, then why not host the “shrink-wrapped” software in the customers’ cloud? Further, serverless computing, cl...
Feb. 22, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 1,829
Microservices are a very exciting architectural approach that many organizations are looking to as a way to accelerate innovation. Microservices promise to allow teams to move away from monolithic "ball of mud" systems, but the reality is that, in the vast majority of organizations, different projects and technologies will continue to be developed at different speeds. How to handle the dependencies between these disparate systems with different iteration cycles? Consider the "canoncial problem" ...
Feb. 22, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 5,244
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 22, 2017 05:45 AM EST Reads: 1,679
The speed of software changes in growing and large scale rapid-paced DevOps environments presents a challenge for continuous testing. Many organizations struggle to get this right. Practices that work for small scale continuous testing may not be sufficient as the requirements grow. In his session at DevOps Summit, Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect of DevOps continuous test solutions at Spirent Communications, explained the best practices of continuous testing at high scale, which is rele...
Feb. 22, 2017 03:15 AM EST Reads: 5,514
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Feb. 22, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 2,048
Hardware virtualization and cloud computing allowed us to increase resource utilization and increase our flexibility to respond to business demand. Docker Containers are the next quantum leap - Are they?! Databases always represented an additional set of challenges unique to running workloads requiring a maximum of I/O, network, CPU resources combined with data locality.
Feb. 22, 2017 02:45 AM EST Reads: 2,030
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Feb. 22, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 12,994