|By PR Newswire||
|December 14, 2012 11:42 AM EST||
XINYU CITY, China and SUNNYVALE, Calif., Dec. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- LDK Solar Co., Ltd. (the "LDK Solar") (NYSE: LDK), a leading vertically integrated manufacturer of photovoltaic (PV) products, today announced a solicitation of consents (the "Consent Solicitation") to proposed amendments (the "Proposed Amendments") to the Indenture, dated as of February 28, 2011 (as supplemented or amended to the date hereof, the "Indenture"), by and between LDK Solar, the Subsidiary Guarantors (as defined therein), The Bank of New York Mellon, London Branch, as trustee and paying and transfer agent, and The Bank of New York Mellon (Luxembourg) S.A., as registrar, governing its 10.00% Senior Notes Due 2014 (ISIN No. XS0592597099, CUSIP No. 059259709) (the "2014 Notes"). The Consent Solicitation will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the consent solicitation statement (as the same may be amended or supplemented, the "Consent Solicitation Statement") dated December 14, 2012. Unless otherwise defined herein, capitalized terms used in this announcement have the meanings set forth in the Indenture.
LDK Solar is seeking to amend the Indenture to give it more flexibility to pursue certain actions in its liquidity and capital restructuring plan and to enhance its ability to take necessary actions to improve liquidity and increase cash flow under current challenging market conditions.
The background and a summary of the Proposed Amendments are set out as follows:
- amend the Limitation on Indebtedness and Preferred Stock covenant to:
- add a further category of Permitted Indebtedness that will permit LDK Silicon & Chemical or its Subsidiary to issue up to US$200 million of a further series of redeemable convertible preferred shares (the "Series B Preferred Shares") for the purpose of settling certain accounts payable owed to vendors or suppliers of LDK Solar's PRC subsidiaries;
- add a further category of Permitted Indebtedness that will allow Guarantees by any Restricted Subsidiary of amounts that remain owed by a Disposed Restricted Subsidiary (as such term would be defined by the Proposed Amendments) following the transfer of a majority or all of the Capital Stock of such Disposed Restricted Subsidiary to creditors or investors in exchange for the forgiveness or assumption of a portion or all of the outstanding indebtedness of such Disposed Restricted Subsidiary and/or the transferring Restricted Subsidiary;
- add a further category of Permitted Indebtedness that will allow LDK Solar to incur up to an aggregate principal amount of US$350 million, with limits on the maximum aggregate amount that can be Incurred and outstanding for each business line and during each quarter, to fund the ramp-up of production of polysilicon, solar wafers, cells and modules and to fund EPC services and solar farm projects;
- include the series A redeemable convertible preferred shares (the "Series A Preferred Shares") issued by LDK Silicon & Chemical in June 2011 as Indebtedness that may be refinanced with permitted Refinancing Indebtedness;
- amend the maximum principal amount that can be Incurred and outstanding at any time as Purchase Money Indebtedness and Capitalized Lease Obligations from 10% of Total Assets to a maximum aggregate principal amount of US$780 million. To date, LDK Solar has Incurred and has outstanding approximately US$660 million of Purchase Money Indebtedness and Capitalized Lease Obligations. The additional amounts would be used to finance the installation and construction of property, plant and equipment to improve efficiency at LDK Solar's polysilicon, solar wafer, cell and module facilities; and
- increase the maximum amount of permitted working capital Indebtedness to US$125 million from US$75 million to allow LDK Solar to continue to fund payments of outstanding payables, interest expenses, research and development expenses and miscellaneous operating expenses at LDK Solar's production facilities;
- amend the Limitation on Restricted Payments covenant to:
- allow LDK Solar to pay any dividend or other distribution on the Series B Preferred Shares, provided that LDK Silicon & Chemical and all other Subsidiaries within the Polysilicon Group are Restricted Subsidiaries at the time of such distribution; and
- o clarify that the calculation of the aggregate amount of Restricted Payments will exclude any permitted dividends or distributions with respect to the Series B Preferred Shares in the same manner as dividends or distributions with respect to the Series A Preferred Shares currently outstanding;
- amend the Limitation on Asset Sales covenant to:
- remove the requirement that LDK Solar be able to Incur at least US$1.00 of additional Indebtedness under Section 3.8(a) of the Indenture when conducting an Asset Disposition;
- amend the Limitation on Dividend and Other Payment Restrictions Affecting Restricted Subsidiaries covenant to:
- allow for any restrictions imposed on the payment of dividends or other distributions on the Common Stock of LDK Silicon & Chemical or its Subsidiary by the terms of the Series B Preferred Shares in the same manner as the Series A Preferred Shares currently outstanding;
- amend the Event of Default provision to:
- limit the circumstances that would give rise to an Event of Default under Sections 6.1(a)(5), (a)(6) and (a)(8) of the Indenture to the case of a default, failure to satisfy judgment(s), or bankruptcy or insolvency proceedings by LDK Solar or any Significant Subsidiary (as such term would be defined by the Proposed Amendments);
- the definition of Change of Control to:
- remove the provision whereby if the Permitted Holders beneficially own, directly or indirectly, in the aggregate less than 35% of the Voting Stock of LDK Solar such circumstance will give rise to a Change of Control;
- amend the definition of Permitted Investment to:
- allow Investments equal to the Fair Market Value of the Capital Stock of any Disposed Restricted Subsidiary (as such term would be defined by the Proposed Amendments) held by any Former Holding Company (as such term would be defined by the Proposed Amendments) immediately following a sale or disposition of Capital Stock which results in such Disposed Restricted Subsidiary ceasing to be a Restricted Subsidiary;
- allow Guarantees by a Restricted Subsidiary of Indebtedness of a Disposed Restricted Subsidiary in connection with transactions in which one of LDK Solar's Restricted Subsidiaries agrees to transfer a majority or all of the Capital Stock of a Disposed Restricted Subsidiary in exchange for the forgiveness or assumption of a portion or all of its outstanding debt obligations and/or the outstanding debt obligations of such Disposed Restricted Subsidiary;
- allow for the redemption of the Series A Preferred Shares of LDK Silicon & Chemical from the proceeds of permitted Refinancing Indebtedness; and
- amend the definition of Polysilicon Subscription Agreement to:
- account for the potential extension of the mandatory redemption date of the Series A Preferred Shares issued by LDK Silicon & Chemical beyond June 2013.
The record date for the Consent Solicitation is 5:00 p.m., London time, on December 14, 2012. The Consent Solicitation will expire at 5:00 p.m., London time, on December 21, 2012, unless extended or terminated by LDK Solar. LDK Solar is offering to the holders of record of the 2014 Notes as of the record date a consent fee of RMB10 for each RMB10,000 in principal amount of the 2014 Notes in respect of which such holder has validly delivered (and has not validly revoked) a consent pursuant to the terms and conditions of the Consent Solicitation Statement prior to its expiration. LDK Solar's obligation to accept consents and pay the consent fee is conditioned on, among other things, there being validly delivered unrevoked consents from the holders of not less than a majority in aggregate principal amount of the outstanding 2014 Notes.
For a detailed statement of the terms and conditions of the Consent Solicitation and the Proposal, holders of the 2014 Notes should refer to the Consent Solicitation Statement and related documents. The Consent Solicitation Statement will be distributed to the holders of the 2014 Notes by D.F. King Worldwide, the Information and Tabulation Agent for the Consent Solicitation and has been filed by LDK Solar with the Securities and Exchange Commission of the United States on Form 6-K. LDK Solar has engaged Citigroup Global Markets Limited to act as the solicitation agent for the Consent Solicitation. Questions from holders of 2014 Notes regarding the Consent Solicitation or requests for additional copies of the Consent Solicitation Statement or other related documents should be directed to the Information and Tabulation Agent for the Consent Solicitation, at 48 Wall Street, 22nd Floor, New York, New York 10005, United States (+1 212 493 6996 or +1 800 290 6431 (toll free within the United States)) or at City Point, 11th Floor, 1 Ropemaker Street, London, EC27 9AW, United Kingdom (+44 20 7920 9700) or Citigroup Global Markets Asia Limited, the Solicitation Agent for the Consent Solicitation, at 50F Citibank Tower, Citibank Plaza, 3 Garden Road, Central, Hong Kong, attention: Hong Kong Debt Syndicate Desk (+852 2501 2552).
This announcement is not a solicitation of consent with respect to any 2014 Notes. The Consent Solicitation is being made solely by the Consent Solicitation Statement and related documents, dated December 14, 2012, which set forth a detailed statement of the terms and conditions of the Consent Solicitation. The distribution of this announcement in certain jurisdictions may be restricted by law. Persons into whose possession this announcement comes are required to inform themselves about, and to observe, any such restrictions.
This announcement does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any securities in the United States or any other jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such jurisdiction. No securities may be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an applicable exemption from registration requirements. Any public offering of securities to be made in the United States will be made by means of a prospectus. Such prospectus will contain detailed information about the company making the offer and its management and financial statements. No public offer of securities is to be made by the LDK Solar Co., Ltd. in the United States.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
LDK Solar is a leading vertically integrated manufacturer of photovoltaic (PV) products. LDK Solar manufactures polysilicon, mono and multicrystalline ingots, wafers, cells, modules, systems, power projects and solutions. LDK Solar's headquarters and principal manufacturing facilities are located in Hi-Tech Industrial Park, Xinyu City, Jiangxi Province in the People's Republic of China. LDK Solar's office in the United States is located in Sunnyvale, California. For more information about LDK Solar and its products, please visit www.ldksolar.com.
SAFE HARBOR STATEMENT
This announcement contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All statements other than statements of historical fact in this press release are forward-looking statements, including but not limited to, LDK Solar's ability to raise additional capital to finance its operating activities, the effectiveness, profitability and marketability of its products, the future trading of its securities, the ability of LDK Solar to operate as a public company, the period of time during which its current liquidity will enable LDK Solar to fund its operations, its ability to protect its proprietary information, the general economic and business environment and conditions, the volatility of LDK Solar's operating results and financial condition, its ability to attract and retain qualified senior management personnel and research and development staff, its ability to timely and efficiently complete its ongoing projects, and other risks and uncertainties disclosed in LDK Solar's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. These forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties and are based on information available to LDK Solar's management as of the date hereof and on its current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections about LDK Solar and the PV industry. Actual results may differ materially from the anticipated results due to many factors, including changes in the market and price for the 2014 Notes; changes in the business and financial condition of LDK Solar and its subsidiaries; changes in the debt markets in general; and the occurrence of events specified in the Consent Solicitation that would trigger a condition permitting termination or amendment of the Consent Solicitation. LDK Solar undertakes no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect subsequent events or circumstances, or changes in its expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections except as may be required by law.
SOURCE LDK Solar Co., Ltd.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Niagara Networks will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Oct. 22, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,246
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and ...
Oct. 22, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,409
SYS-CON Events announced today that Embotics, the cloud automation company, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Embotics is the cloud automation company for IT organizations and service providers that need to improve provisioning or enable self-service capabilities. With a relentless focus on delivering a premier user experience and unmatched customer support, Embotics is the fas...
Oct. 22, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 691
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Oct. 22, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,039
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 22, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 927
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cemware will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Use MATLAB functions by just visiting website mathfreeon.com. MATLAB compatible, freely usable, online platform services. As of October 2016, 80,000 users from 180 countries are enjoying our platform service.
Oct. 22, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 716
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Oct. 22, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,752
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of So...
Oct. 22, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,092
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Oct. 22, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 423
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, the leading provider of modern development tools and best practices for Continuous Integration on OpenVMS, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware products and development tools that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Oct. 22, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,431
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Oct. 22, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,095
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Oct. 22, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,253
So you think you are a DevOps warrior, huh? Put your money (not really, it’s free) where your metrics are and prove it by taking The Ultimate DevOps Geek Quiz Challenge, sponsored by DevOps Summit. Battle through the set of tough questions created by industry thought leaders to earn your bragging rights and win some cool prizes.
Oct. 22, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,563
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining sensor...
Oct. 22, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 383
The Internet of Things (IoT), in all its myriad manifestations, has great potential. Much of that potential comes from the evolving data management and analytic (DMA) technologies and processes that allow us to gain insight from all of the IoT data that can be generated and gathered. This potential may never be met as those data sets are tied to specific industry verticals and single markets, with no clear way to use IoT data and sensor analytics to fulfill the hype being given the IoT today.
Oct. 22, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,234