|By PR Newswire||
|December 28, 2012 06:00 AM EST||
NOVI, Mich., Dec. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Thinking about how to make the most of 2013? Learning Care Group offers these recommendations that will make a lasting difference for the whole family:
1. I will prioritize family time. Balancing work, school, and children's activities can be a challenge – but be sure to prioritize family time in your schedule. Sitting around a table and eating together as a family has many benefits. Taking time to connect and share a meal helps create a strong family unit. Designate a weekly game, family walk or movie night, and special time spent with family becomes a tradition.
2. I will give my child the gift of literacy. One of the most important things you can do to help your child learn is read to him every day. Treasure these moments of togetherness and share in your child's excitement over a favorite book. Not only will you create memories, you will help your child develop the foundation for a love of reading.
3. I will help my family eat healthier. The best way to encourage healthy eating in your family is to be a great role model. Include fruits and vegetables in every meal. Have healthy snacks on hand. Serve lean meats and other sources of protein. Serve water instead of sugary beverages and try and keep fast food trips to a minimum.
4. We will exercise regularly. Exercise is critical for the whole family. It increases energy and stamina, rids the body of tension, promotes relaxation and improves cardiovascular function. Exercise also supports learning by enhancing attention, memory, focus and ability to retain what is taught. Children need to engage in at least one hour of physical activity each day.
5. We will go green. There are small things your family can do every day to help the environment. Teach your children how to recycle. Turn off lights when you leave a room or turn off water while brushing your teeth. Buy fresh, organic produce. Save used paper for scrap paper. Each action will go a long way in preserving our planet for future generations.
6. I will help my family give back. Giving back can take many forms, including donating recyclables to a can drive, boxing up toys and used clothes for a resale shop, making a donation of time and/or money to a worthy cause of your child's choice. Talk with your family about how you can make a difference for others.
7. I will help create a sense of community for my child. It's important to become a member of your child's school community. Children feel more confident and comfortable in school when they feel their families are part of the experience. Chaperone a class field trip. Share a special interest or talent with the class. Donate objects from home to the classroom. Volunteer whenever possible. Whatever you choose to do, you can feel good knowing that your child will benefit in the long run.
8. I will celebrate my child's successes. Whether it's a good deed, great report card, a dance recital, an awesome art project or even just a thorough job on chores, find meaningful opportunities to praise your child. Celebrate positive behavior and special accomplishments. Let your child pick the movie on family night, or select and then help prepare a favorite meal. Proudly display their achievements. Remember, taking the time to acknowledge these successes with your child means more than how you actually celebrate them.
9. I will make safety a priority. Every minute, 17 kids are seen in emergency rooms with unintentional injuries – that's more than 9 million a year. Look for ways to improve safety in your home for 2013. If you have small children, install safety latches on cabinets and drawers. Turn pot handles toward the back of the stove. Use safety gates at the top and bottom of stairs. Unplug hair dryers. Create a fire evacuation plan. Each small action you take will help make your home safer for your family.
About Learning Care Group, Inc.
Headquartered in Novi, Mich., Learning Care Group, Inc. provides early education and care services to children ages six weeks to 13 years under its umbrella of brands: The Children's Courtyard, Childtime Learning Centers, La Petite Academy, Montessori Unlimited and Tutor Time Child Care/Learning Centers. Learning Care Group operates more than 900 schools corporate and franchise across 36 states, the District of Columbia and internationally, and has a system-wide capacity to serve more than 100,000 children. For more information, visit: www.learningcaregroup.com.
SOURCE Learning Care Group, Inc.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Machkey International Company will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Machkey provides advanced connectivity solutions for just about everyone. Businesses or individuals, Machkey is dedicated to provide high-quality and cost-effective products to meet all your needs.
Oct. 4, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 243
“The Internet of Things transforms the way organizations leverage machine data and gain insights from it,” noted Splunk’s CTO Snehal Antani, as Splunk announced accelerated momentum in Industrial Data and the IoT. The trend is driven by Splunk’s continued investment in its products and partner ecosystem as well as the creativity of customers and the flexibility to deploy Splunk IoT solutions as software, cloud services or in a hybrid environment. Customers are using Splunk® solutions to collect ...
Oct. 4, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 548
Learn how Backup as a Service can help your customer base protect their data. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Stefaan Vervaet, Director of Strategic Alliances at HGST, will discuss the challenges of data protection in an era of exploding storage requirements, show you the benefits of a backup service for your cloud customers, and explain how the HGST Active Archive and CommVault are already enabling this service today with customer examples.
Oct. 4, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 633
Cloud computing delivers on-demand resources that provide businesses with flexibility and cost-savings. The challenge in moving workloads to the cloud has been the cost and complexity of ensuring the initial and ongoing security and regulatory (PCI, HIPAA, FFIEC) compliance across private and public clouds. Manual security compliance is slow, prone to human error, and represents over 50% of the cost of managing cloud applications. Determining how to automate cloud security compliance is critical...
Oct. 4, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 177
SYS-CON Events announced today that JFrog, maker of Artifactory, the popular Binary Repository Manager, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based in California, Israel and France, founded by longtime field-experts, JFrog, creator of Artifactory and Bintray, has provided the market with the first Binary Repository solution and a software distribution social platform.
Oct. 4, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 424
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of ...
Oct. 4, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 702
As enterprises capture more and more data of all types – structured, semi-structured, and unstructured – data discovery requirements for business intelligence (BI), Big Data, and predictive analytics initiatives grow more complex. A company’s ability to become data-driven and compete on analytics depends on the speed with which it can provision their analytics applications with all relevant information. The task of finding data has traditionally resided with IT, but now organizations increasingl...
Oct. 4, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 349
Culture is the most important ingredient of DevOps. The challenge for most organizations is defining and communicating a vision of beneficial DevOps culture for their organizations, and then facilitating the changes needed to achieve that. Often this comes down to an ability to provide true leadership. As a CIO, are your direct reports IT managers or are they IT leaders? The hard truth is that many IT managers have risen through the ranks based on their technical skills, not their leadership ab...
Oct. 4, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 810
Apps and devices shouldn't stop working when there's limited or no network connectivity. Learn how to bring data stored in a cloud database to the edge of the network (and back again) whenever an Internet connection is available. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate at IBM Cloud Data Services, will demonstrate techniques for replicating cloud databases with devices in order to build offline-first mobile or Internet of Things (IoT) apps that can provide a better, ...
Oct. 4, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 338
You have your devices and your data, but what about the rest of your Internet of Things story? Two popular classes of technologies that nicely handle the Big Data analytics for Internet of Things are Apache Hadoop and NoSQL. Hadoop is designed for parallelizing analytical work across many servers and is ideal for the massive data volumes you create with IoT devices. NoSQL databases such as Apache HBase are ideal for storing and retrieving IoT data as “time series data.”
Oct. 4, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 348
SYS-CON Events announced today that Agema Systems will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Agema Systems is the leading provider of critical white-box rack solutions to data centers through the major integrators and value added distribution channels.
Oct. 4, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 606
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interface Masters Technologies, provider of leading network visibility and monitoring solutions, will exhibit at the 17th International CloudExpo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Interface Masters Technologies is a leading provider of high speed networking solutions focused on Gigabit, 10 Gigabit, 40 Gigabit and 100 Gigabit Ethernet network access and connectivity products. For over 20 ye...
Oct. 4, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 616
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo® and DevOps Summit 2015 Silicon Valley, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Alert Logic provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid IT infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for cust...
Oct. 4, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,341
Cloud Foundry open Platform as a Service makes it easy to operate, scale and deploy application for your dedicated cloud environments. It enables developers and operators to be significantly more agile, writing great applications and deliver them in days instead of months. Cloud Foundry takes care of all the infrastructure and network plumbing that you need to build, run and operate your applications and can do this while patching and updating systems and services without any downtime.
Oct. 4, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,399
Redis is not only the fastest database, but it has become the most popular among the new wave of applications running in containers. Redis speeds up just about every data interaction between your users or operational systems. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Dave Nielsen, Developer Relations at Redis Labs, will share the functions and data structures used to solve everyday use cases that are driving Redis' popularity
Oct. 4, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 256