|By PR Newswire||
|December 28, 2012 06:00 AM EST||
NOVI, Mich., Dec. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Thinking about how to make the most of 2013? Learning Care Group offers these recommendations that will make a lasting difference for the whole family:
1. I will prioritize family time. Balancing work, school, and children's activities can be a challenge – but be sure to prioritize family time in your schedule. Sitting around a table and eating together as a family has many benefits. Taking time to connect and share a meal helps create a strong family unit. Designate a weekly game, family walk or movie night, and special time spent with family becomes a tradition.
2. I will give my child the gift of literacy. One of the most important things you can do to help your child learn is read to him every day. Treasure these moments of togetherness and share in your child's excitement over a favorite book. Not only will you create memories, you will help your child develop the foundation for a love of reading.
3. I will help my family eat healthier. The best way to encourage healthy eating in your family is to be a great role model. Include fruits and vegetables in every meal. Have healthy snacks on hand. Serve lean meats and other sources of protein. Serve water instead of sugary beverages and try and keep fast food trips to a minimum.
4. We will exercise regularly. Exercise is critical for the whole family. It increases energy and stamina, rids the body of tension, promotes relaxation and improves cardiovascular function. Exercise also supports learning by enhancing attention, memory, focus and ability to retain what is taught. Children need to engage in at least one hour of physical activity each day.
5. We will go green. There are small things your family can do every day to help the environment. Teach your children how to recycle. Turn off lights when you leave a room or turn off water while brushing your teeth. Buy fresh, organic produce. Save used paper for scrap paper. Each action will go a long way in preserving our planet for future generations.
6. I will help my family give back. Giving back can take many forms, including donating recyclables to a can drive, boxing up toys and used clothes for a resale shop, making a donation of time and/or money to a worthy cause of your child's choice. Talk with your family about how you can make a difference for others.
7. I will help create a sense of community for my child. It's important to become a member of your child's school community. Children feel more confident and comfortable in school when they feel their families are part of the experience. Chaperone a class field trip. Share a special interest or talent with the class. Donate objects from home to the classroom. Volunteer whenever possible. Whatever you choose to do, you can feel good knowing that your child will benefit in the long run.
8. I will celebrate my child's successes. Whether it's a good deed, great report card, a dance recital, an awesome art project or even just a thorough job on chores, find meaningful opportunities to praise your child. Celebrate positive behavior and special accomplishments. Let your child pick the movie on family night, or select and then help prepare a favorite meal. Proudly display their achievements. Remember, taking the time to acknowledge these successes with your child means more than how you actually celebrate them.
9. I will make safety a priority. Every minute, 17 kids are seen in emergency rooms with unintentional injuries – that's more than 9 million a year. Look for ways to improve safety in your home for 2013. If you have small children, install safety latches on cabinets and drawers. Turn pot handles toward the back of the stove. Use safety gates at the top and bottom of stairs. Unplug hair dryers. Create a fire evacuation plan. Each small action you take will help make your home safer for your family.
About Learning Care Group, Inc.
Headquartered in Novi, Mich., Learning Care Group, Inc. provides early education and care services to children ages six weeks to 13 years under its umbrella of brands: The Children's Courtyard, Childtime Learning Centers, La Petite Academy, Montessori Unlimited and Tutor Time Child Care/Learning Centers. Learning Care Group operates more than 900 schools corporate and franchise across 36 states, the District of Columbia and internationally, and has a system-wide capacity to serve more than 100,000 children. For more information, visit: www.learningcaregroup.com.
SOURCE Learning Care Group, Inc.
The security needs of IoT environments require a strong, proven approach to maintain security, trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vic...
Jan. 18, 2017 09:45 PM EST Reads: 6,485
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it m...
Jan. 18, 2017 09:30 PM EST Reads: 5,724
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Jan. 18, 2017 09:30 PM EST Reads: 7,601
In their general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Michael Piccininni, Global Account Manager - Cloud SP at EMC Corporation, and Mike Dietze, Regional Director at Windstream Hosted Solutions, reviewed next generation cloud services, including the Windstream-EMC Tier Storage solutions, and discussed how to increase efficiencies, improve service delivery and enhance corporate cloud solution development. Michael Piccininni is Global Account Manager – Cloud SP at EMC Corporation. He has been engaged in t...
Jan. 18, 2017 08:15 PM EST Reads: 4,820
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Jan. 18, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 3,136
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus o...
Jan. 18, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 4,188
Big Data engines are powering a lot of service businesses right now. Data is collected from users from wearable technologies, web behaviors, purchase behavior as well as several arbitrary data points we’d never think of. The demand for faster and bigger engines to crunch and serve up the data to services is growing exponentially. You see a LOT of correlation between “Cloud” and “Big Data” but on Big Data and “Hybrid,” where hybrid hosting is the sanest approach to the Big Data Infrastructure pro...
Jan. 18, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 4,871
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Jan. 18, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,161
Hardware virtualization and cloud computing allowed us to increase resource utilization and increase our flexibility to respond to business demand. Docker Containers are the next quantum leap - Are they?! Databases always represented an additional set of challenges unique to running workloads requiring a maximum of I/O, network, CPU resources combined with data locality.
Jan. 18, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 276
In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, David Shacochis, host of The Hybrid IT Files podcast and Vice President at CenturyLink, investigated three key trends of the “gigabit economy" though the story of a Fortune 500 communications company in transformation. Narrating how multi-modal hybrid IT, service automation, and agile delivery all intersect, he will cover the role of storytelling and empathy in achieving strategic alignment between the enterprise and its information technology.
Jan. 18, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 4,581
In his General Session at DevOps Summit, Asaf Yigal, Co-Founder & VP of Product at Logz.io, will explore the value of Kibana 4 for log analysis and will give a real live, hands-on tutorial on how to set up Kibana 4 and get the most out of Apache log files. He will examine three use cases: IT operations, business intelligence, and security and compliance. This is a hands-on session that will require participants to bring their own laptops, and we will provide the rest.
Jan. 18, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 4,882
"We're bringing out a new application monitoring system to the DevOps space. It manages large enterprise applications that are distributed throughout a node in many enterprises and we manage them as one collective," explained Kevin Barnes, President of eCube Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 18, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 5,369
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists peeled away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud enviro...
Jan. 18, 2017 04:30 PM EST Reads: 4,760
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 18, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 3,682
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Jan. 18, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 3,405