|By PR Newswire||
|December 28, 2012 06:00 AM EST||
NOVI, Mich., Dec. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Thinking about how to make the most of 2013? Learning Care Group offers these recommendations that will make a lasting difference for the whole family:
1. I will prioritize family time. Balancing work, school, and children's activities can be a challenge – but be sure to prioritize family time in your schedule. Sitting around a table and eating together as a family has many benefits. Taking time to connect and share a meal helps create a strong family unit. Designate a weekly game, family walk or movie night, and special time spent with family becomes a tradition.
2. I will give my child the gift of literacy. One of the most important things you can do to help your child learn is read to him every day. Treasure these moments of togetherness and share in your child's excitement over a favorite book. Not only will you create memories, you will help your child develop the foundation for a love of reading.
3. I will help my family eat healthier. The best way to encourage healthy eating in your family is to be a great role model. Include fruits and vegetables in every meal. Have healthy snacks on hand. Serve lean meats and other sources of protein. Serve water instead of sugary beverages and try and keep fast food trips to a minimum.
4. We will exercise regularly. Exercise is critical for the whole family. It increases energy and stamina, rids the body of tension, promotes relaxation and improves cardiovascular function. Exercise also supports learning by enhancing attention, memory, focus and ability to retain what is taught. Children need to engage in at least one hour of physical activity each day.
5. We will go green. There are small things your family can do every day to help the environment. Teach your children how to recycle. Turn off lights when you leave a room or turn off water while brushing your teeth. Buy fresh, organic produce. Save used paper for scrap paper. Each action will go a long way in preserving our planet for future generations.
6. I will help my family give back. Giving back can take many forms, including donating recyclables to a can drive, boxing up toys and used clothes for a resale shop, making a donation of time and/or money to a worthy cause of your child's choice. Talk with your family about how you can make a difference for others.
7. I will help create a sense of community for my child. It's important to become a member of your child's school community. Children feel more confident and comfortable in school when they feel their families are part of the experience. Chaperone a class field trip. Share a special interest or talent with the class. Donate objects from home to the classroom. Volunteer whenever possible. Whatever you choose to do, you can feel good knowing that your child will benefit in the long run.
8. I will celebrate my child's successes. Whether it's a good deed, great report card, a dance recital, an awesome art project or even just a thorough job on chores, find meaningful opportunities to praise your child. Celebrate positive behavior and special accomplishments. Let your child pick the movie on family night, or select and then help prepare a favorite meal. Proudly display their achievements. Remember, taking the time to acknowledge these successes with your child means more than how you actually celebrate them.
9. I will make safety a priority. Every minute, 17 kids are seen in emergency rooms with unintentional injuries – that's more than 9 million a year. Look for ways to improve safety in your home for 2013. If you have small children, install safety latches on cabinets and drawers. Turn pot handles toward the back of the stove. Use safety gates at the top and bottom of stairs. Unplug hair dryers. Create a fire evacuation plan. Each small action you take will help make your home safer for your family.
About Learning Care Group, Inc.
Headquartered in Novi, Mich., Learning Care Group, Inc. provides early education and care services to children ages six weeks to 13 years under its umbrella of brands: The Children's Courtyard, Childtime Learning Centers, La Petite Academy, Montessori Unlimited and Tutor Time Child Care/Learning Centers. Learning Care Group operates more than 900 schools corporate and franchise across 36 states, the District of Columbia and internationally, and has a system-wide capacity to serve more than 100,000 children. For more information, visit: www.learningcaregroup.com.
SOURCE Learning Care Group, Inc.
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Sep. 25, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,489
Technology vendors and analysts are eager to paint a rosy picture of how wonderful IoT is and why your deployment will be great with the use of their products and services. While it is easy to showcase successful IoT solutions, identifying IoT systems that missed the mark or failed can often provide more in the way of key lessons learned. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Peter Vanderminden, Principal Industry Analyst for IoT & Digital Supply Chain to Flatiron Strategies, will focus on how IoT de...
Sep. 25, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 950
SYS-CON Events announced today that China Unicom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd ("China Unicom") was officially established in 2009 on the basis of the merger of former China Netcom and former China Unicom. China Unicom mainly operates a full range of telecommunications services including mobile broadband (GSM, WCDMA, LTE F...
Sep. 25, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,677
SYS-CON Events announced today that Roundee / LinearHub will exhibit at the WebRTC Summit at @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LinearHub provides Roundee Service, a smart platform for enterprise video conferencing with enhanced features such as automatic recording and transcription service. Slack users can integrate Roundee to their team via Slack’s App Directory, and '/roundee' command lets your video conference ...
Sep. 25, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,380
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Sep. 25, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,341
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Sep. 25, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,461
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Sep. 25, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,702
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Sep. 25, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 868
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Sep. 25, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,206
SYS-CON Events announced today that Numerex Corp, a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT), will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Numerex Corp. (NASDAQ:NMRX) is a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT). The Company's solutions produce new revenue streams or create operating...
Sep. 25, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,928
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Sep. 25, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,035
While DevOps promises a better and tighter integration among an organization’s development and operation teams and transforms an application life cycle into a continual deployment, Chef and Azure together provides a speedy, cost-effective and highly scalable vehicle for realizing the business values of this transformation. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Yung Chou, a Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, will present a unique opportunity to witness how Chef and Azure work tog...
Sep. 25, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,592
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at EMC, will introduce a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organizati...
Sep. 24, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,609
SYS-CON Events announced today that Secure Channels will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The bedrock of Secure Channels Technology is a uniquely modified and enhanced process based on superencipherment. Superencipherment is the process of encrypting an already encrypted message one or more times, either using the same or a different algorithm.
Sep. 24, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,430
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Sep. 24, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,445