|By PR Newswire||
|December 28, 2012 06:00 AM EST||
NOVI, Mich., Dec. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Thinking about how to make the most of 2013? Learning Care Group offers these recommendations that will make a lasting difference for the whole family:
1. I will prioritize family time. Balancing work, school, and children's activities can be a challenge – but be sure to prioritize family time in your schedule. Sitting around a table and eating together as a family has many benefits. Taking time to connect and share a meal helps create a strong family unit. Designate a weekly game, family walk or movie night, and special time spent with family becomes a tradition.
2. I will give my child the gift of literacy. One of the most important things you can do to help your child learn is read to him every day. Treasure these moments of togetherness and share in your child's excitement over a favorite book. Not only will you create memories, you will help your child develop the foundation for a love of reading.
3. I will help my family eat healthier. The best way to encourage healthy eating in your family is to be a great role model. Include fruits and vegetables in every meal. Have healthy snacks on hand. Serve lean meats and other sources of protein. Serve water instead of sugary beverages and try and keep fast food trips to a minimum.
4. We will exercise regularly. Exercise is critical for the whole family. It increases energy and stamina, rids the body of tension, promotes relaxation and improves cardiovascular function. Exercise also supports learning by enhancing attention, memory, focus and ability to retain what is taught. Children need to engage in at least one hour of physical activity each day.
5. We will go green. There are small things your family can do every day to help the environment. Teach your children how to recycle. Turn off lights when you leave a room or turn off water while brushing your teeth. Buy fresh, organic produce. Save used paper for scrap paper. Each action will go a long way in preserving our planet for future generations.
6. I will help my family give back. Giving back can take many forms, including donating recyclables to a can drive, boxing up toys and used clothes for a resale shop, making a donation of time and/or money to a worthy cause of your child's choice. Talk with your family about how you can make a difference for others.
7. I will help create a sense of community for my child. It's important to become a member of your child's school community. Children feel more confident and comfortable in school when they feel their families are part of the experience. Chaperone a class field trip. Share a special interest or talent with the class. Donate objects from home to the classroom. Volunteer whenever possible. Whatever you choose to do, you can feel good knowing that your child will benefit in the long run.
8. I will celebrate my child's successes. Whether it's a good deed, great report card, a dance recital, an awesome art project or even just a thorough job on chores, find meaningful opportunities to praise your child. Celebrate positive behavior and special accomplishments. Let your child pick the movie on family night, or select and then help prepare a favorite meal. Proudly display their achievements. Remember, taking the time to acknowledge these successes with your child means more than how you actually celebrate them.
9. I will make safety a priority. Every minute, 17 kids are seen in emergency rooms with unintentional injuries – that's more than 9 million a year. Look for ways to improve safety in your home for 2013. If you have small children, install safety latches on cabinets and drawers. Turn pot handles toward the back of the stove. Use safety gates at the top and bottom of stairs. Unplug hair dryers. Create a fire evacuation plan. Each small action you take will help make your home safer for your family.
About Learning Care Group, Inc.
Headquartered in Novi, Mich., Learning Care Group, Inc. provides early education and care services to children ages six weeks to 13 years under its umbrella of brands: The Children's Courtyard, Childtime Learning Centers, La Petite Academy, Montessori Unlimited and Tutor Time Child Care/Learning Centers. Learning Care Group operates more than 900 schools corporate and franchise across 36 states, the District of Columbia and internationally, and has a system-wide capacity to serve more than 100,000 children. For more information, visit: www.learningcaregroup.com.
SOURCE Learning Care Group, Inc.
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists peeled away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud envir...
Jul. 7, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,719
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Jul. 7, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,892
"We provide a web application framework for building really sophisticated web applications that run on a browser without any installation need so we get used for biotech, defense, and banking applications," noted Charles Kendrick, CTO and Chief Architect at Isomorphic Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit (http://DevOpsSummit.SYS-CON.com), held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York
Jul. 7, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,820
Live Webinar with 451 Research Analyst Peter Christy. Join us on Wednesday July 22, 2015, at 10 am PT / 1 pm ET In a world where users are on the Internet and the applications are in the cloud, how do you maintain your historic SLA with your users? Peter Christy, Research Director, Networks at 451 Research, will discuss this new network paradigm, one in which there is no LAN and no WAN, and discuss what users and network administrators gain and give up when migrating to the agile world of clo...
Jul. 7, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,725
"We have been in business for 21 years and have been building many enterprise solutions, all IT plumbing - server, storage, interconnects," stated Alex Gorbachev, President of Intelligent Systems Services, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 7, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 313
SYS-CON Events announced today that Solgenia will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Solgenia is the global market leader in Cloud Collaboration and Cloud Infrastructure software solutions. Designed to “Bridge the Gap” between Personal and Professional Social, Mobile and Cloud user experiences, our solutions help large and medium-sized organizations dramatically improve produc...
Jul. 7, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,193
Containers are revolutionizing the way we deploy and maintain our infrastructures, but monitoring and troubleshooting in a containerized environment can still be painful and impractical. Understanding even basic resource usage is difficult – let alone tracking network connections or malicious activity. In his session at DevOps Summit, Gianluca Borello, Sr. Software Engineer at Sysdig, will cover the current state of the art for container monitoring and visibility, including pros / cons and liv...
Jul. 7, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,081
Containers are changing the security landscape for software development and deployment. As with any security solutions, security approaches that work for developers, operations personnel and security professionals is a requirement. In his session at DevOps Summit, Kevin Gilpin, CTO and Co-Founder of Conjur, will discuss various security considerations for container-based infrastructure and related DevOps workflows.
Jul. 7, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,796
SYS-CON Events announced today that Secure Infrastructure & Services will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS) is a managed services provider of cloud computing solutions for the IBM Power Systems market. The company helps mid-market firms built on IBM hardware platforms to deploy new levels of reliable and cost-effective computing and hig...
Jul. 7, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,996
In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, David Shacochis, host of The Hybrid IT Files podcast and Vice President at CenturyLink, investigated three key trends of the “gigabit economy" though the story of a Fortune 500 communications company in transformation. Narrating how multi-modal hybrid IT, service automation, and agile delivery all intersect, he will cover the role of storytelling and empathy in achieving strategic alignment between the enterprise and its information technology.
Jul. 7, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,455
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading in...
Jul. 7, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,563
Connected things, systems and people can provide information to other things, systems and people and initiate actions for each other that result in new service possibilities. By taking a look at the impact of Internet of Things when it transitions to a highly connected services marketplace we can understand how connecting the right “things” and leveraging the right partners can provide enormous impact to your business’ growth and success. In her general session at @ThingsExpo, Esmeralda Swartz...
Jul. 7, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,569
IT data is typically silo'd by the various tools in place. Unifying all the log, metric and event data in one analytics platform stops finger pointing and provides the end-to-end correlation. Logs, metrics and custom event data can be joined to tell the holistic story of your software and operations. For example, users can correlate code deploys to system performance to application error codes. In his session at DevOps Summit, Michael Demmer, VP of Engineering at Jut, will discuss how this can...
Jul. 7, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,602
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding bu...
Jul. 7, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,897
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dyn, the worldwide leader in Internet Performance, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Dyn is a cloud-based Internet Performance company. Dyn helps companies monitor, control, and optimize online infrastructure for an exceptional end-user experience. Through a world-class network and unrivaled, objective intelligence into Internet condit...
Jul. 7, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,195