|By Business Wire||
|December 31, 2012 02:00 AM EST||
Comptel Corporation (NASDAQ OMX Helsinki: CTL1V) today announced that Robi Axiata Limited has chosen Comptel Social Links to help it become the leading mobile operator in Bangladesh. The communications service provider (CSP) will replace its manual marketing campaign management and analytics tools with Comptel’s technology, to automate contextually-relevant interactions, provide a better customer experience and drive business performance improvements.
Leveraging Comptel Social Links, including its Social Network Analysis (SNA) capabilities, Robi will be able to step up its micro-campaigning significantly. The CSP will be able to detect and prevent multi-SIM usage, identify and reduce churn, and predict customers’ future propensity for product upsells. Plus, Comptel’s predictive analytics technology will enable Robi to segment marketing based on customers’ usage, interests, location, and inclination to churn and influence, as well as utilise advanced offer management to upsell products and services.
- Robi Axiata is a joint venture company between Axiata Group Berhad in Malaysia and NTT DoCoMo Inc. in Japan. It is the fastest growing CSP and third-largest mobile operator in Bangladesh with more than 20 million subscribers. Robi has been a customer of Comptel’s since 2011 when the CSP selected Comptel Fulfillment to replace its postpaid, prepaid and VAS provisioning systems.
- Comptel Social Links is an advanced predictive analytics product that enables CSPs to analyse their customer data and improve their marketing processes. It allows operators to determine which individual subscribers to engage and the right message and time to target them, for example, to combat churn, offer new services and create new revenue and upsell opportunities.
- Comptel Social Links, part of Comptel’s Intelligent Customer Interaction suite, is the cornerstone of the company’s Contextual Intelligence for Telco (CIQ4T) concept. This award-winning approach allows operators to better understand the uniqueness of individual subscribers and circumstances, and leverage that knowledge to predict behaviours and transfer it into actions to maximise their business performance.
- “Customers are at the heart of our business, and catering to their interests has always been a key goal for us,” said Pradeep Shiravastava, Chief Marketing Officer Market Operation, Robi Axiata Limited. “With Comptel Social Links, we’re confident that we can achieve an even higher level of customer satisfaction by amplifying our marketing campaigns with truly comprehensive insights into their behaviours, needs and desires. The benefits Comptel Social Links will bring are boundless, and we’re looking forward to seeing the results.”
- “With fierce competition at every corner, CSPs must make differentiation a priority in order to stay relevant. One of the key ways to accomplish this is through contextually-relevant, and even better automated, customer interactions,” said Timo Koistinen, senior vice president, Asia Pacific, Comptel. “Comptel Social Links, along with its SNA capabilities, will give Robi the edge it needs to keep customers engaged and realise significant benefits, especially churn prevention, bettering its bottom line.”
- For more information about Comptel, visit www.comptel.com. Learn more about the company’s Customer Engagement solutions, including advanced predictive analytics offering.
- Connect with Comptel on its blog, Compelling Conversations on OSS, and on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. Also visit the company’s Vimeo and YouTube channels.
Comptel, OSS, customer engagement, Comptel Social Links, analytics, Robi Axiata Limited, Robi, Bangladesh, Comptel Fulfillment, provisioning, Social Network Analysis, SNA, Comptel Fulfillment, CIQ4T, Contextual Intelligence for Telco, CSP, marketing, churn, offer management, predictive, mobile
About Comptel Corporation
Since 1986, Comptel has helped more than 280 service providers across 85 countries meet over one billion subscribers’ communications and infotainment needs. Comptel’s solutions are built on an event – analysis – action strategic framework that leverages the company’s strengths in event data processing and advanced predictive analytics to enable real-time action. Comptel’s service fulfillment, mediation, charging and policy control, and predictive social analytics products with implementation and professional services enable service providers to enhance customer engagement and, in turn, create revenue, reduce costs and lessen churn. Comptel has a global team of nearly 700 professionals, and net sales were EUR 77 million in 2011. For more information, visit www.comptel.com.
Both SaaS vendors and SaaS buyers are going “all-in” to hyperscale IaaS platforms such as AWS, which is disrupting the SaaS value proposition. Why should the enterprise SaaS consumer pay for the SaaS service if their data is resident in adjacent AWS S3 buckets? If both SaaS sellers and buyers are using the same cloud tools, automation and pay-per-transaction model offered by IaaS platforms, then why not host the “shrink-wrapped” software in the customers’ cloud? Further, serverless computing, cl...
Feb. 20, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 1,608
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin, ...
Feb. 20, 2017 05:30 AM EST Reads: 4,574
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Feb. 20, 2017 05:15 AM EST
Information technology (IT) advances are transforming the way we innovate in business, thereby disrupting the old guard and their predictable status-quo. It’s creating global market turbulence. Industries are converging, and new opportunities and threats are emerging, like never before. So, how are savvy chief information officers (CIOs) leading this transition? Back in 2015, the IBM Institute for Business Value conducted a market study that included the findings from over 1,800 CIO interviews ...
Feb. 20, 2017 05:15 AM EST Reads: 1,335
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain.
Feb. 20, 2017 04:30 AM EST Reads: 150
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Feb. 20, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 6,145
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 20, 2017 03:15 AM EST Reads: 1,336
Security, data privacy, reliability and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house client hosted environments to a cloud platform. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Vandana Viswanathan, Associate Director at Cognizant, In this session, will provide an orientation to the five stages required to implement a cloud hosted solution validation strategy.
Feb. 20, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 4,156
In today's uber-connected, consumer-centric, cloud-enabled, insights-driven, multi-device, global world, the focus of solutions has shifted from the product that is sold to the person who is buying the product or service. Enterprises have rebranded their business around the consumers of their products. The buyer is the person and the focus is not on the offering. The person is connected through multiple devices, wearables, at home, on the road, and in multiple locations, sometimes simultaneously...
Feb. 20, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 6,102
"We host and fully manage cloud data services, whether we store, the data, move the data, or run analytics on the data," stated Kamal Shannak, Senior Development Manager, Cloud Data Services, IBM, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 20, 2017 01:00 AM EST Reads: 5,214
China Unicom exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which took place at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, in November 2016. China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd ("China Unicom") was officially established in 2009 on the basis of the merger of former China Netcom and former China Unicom. China Unicom mainly operates a full range of telecommunications services including mobile broadband (GSM, WCDMA, LTE FDD, TD-LTE), fixed-line broadband, ICT, data communica...
Feb. 20, 2017 01:00 AM EST Reads: 832
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Feb. 20, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 2,395
Zerto exhibited at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which took place at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, in June 2016. Zerto is committed to keeping enterprise and cloud IT running 24/7 by providing innovative, simple, reliable and scalable business continuity software solutions. Through the Zerto Cloud Continuity Platform™, organizations can seamlessly move and protect virtualized workloads between public, private and hybrid clouds. The company’s flagship product, Zerto Virtual...
Feb. 20, 2017 12:15 AM EST Reads: 971
As businesses adopt functionalities in cloud computing, it’s imperative that IT operations consistently ensure cloud systems work correctly – all of the time, and to their best capabilities. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Bernd Harzog, CEO and founder of OpsDataStore, will present an industry answer to the common question, “Are you running IT operations as efficiently and as cost effectively as you need to?” He will expound on the industry issues he frequently came up against as an analyst, and...
Feb. 20, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 1,415
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Feb. 19, 2017 10:30 PM EST Reads: 6,156