|By Business Wire||
|January 8, 2013 02:00 AM EST||
Sigma Corporation of America a leading researcher, developer, manufacturer and service provider of some of the world’s most impressive lines of lenses, cameras and flashes, will be exhibiting at the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show at booth 7904 in Central Hall at the Las Vegas Convention Center from Jan. 8 to 11.
At the event, Sigma will introduce the DP3 Merrill compact camera and a new feature set for Sigma Photo Pro software that will expand users’ editing options for black and white imaging. The latest lenses from the Global Vision lineup will be on display, and attendees will be invited to the booth to shoot with the SD1 and DP2 Merrill cameras to enter to win a new Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM lens.
“Our involvement at CES this year will reaffirm our commitment to photographers,” said Mark Amir-Hamzeh, president of Sigma Corporation of America. “We will showcase our Global Vision lens lineup, the new Sigma Photo Pro black and white photo editing mode and our latest DP Merrill compact camera, the DP3, which completes the DP Merrill camera set with its 50mm F2.8 lens. We’ll also let people photograph with the SD1 and DP2 Merrill cameras in our booth so they can get the full Foveon sensor experience.”
Sigma’s brand new product announcements include:
- DP3 Merrill: As the next generation in Sigma’s DP camera lineup, the DP3 Merrill features a high-performance, 50mm f2.8 lens (a focal range equivalent to 75mm on a 35mm SLR camera) that is ideal for mid-telephoto and macro range shooting. Equipped with the Foveon X3 direct image sensor, the DP3 Merrill ensures outstanding resolution and a natural rendering with rich gradation that results in a 3D feel. Other highlights include an advanced user interface and the capability of seven-frame continuous shooting. When paired with its DP Merrill predecessors, the DP1 and DP2, the trio is a complete compact camera tool set. For the full press release about the DP3 Merrill, click here. Pricing and availability is yet to be announced.
- Sigma Photo Pro Monochrome Mode: This new black and white editing mode in the Sigma Photo Pro software processes the RAW data of the Sigma Merrill series for the creation of monochrome photography. Sigma’s full-color capture system produces richly detailed monochrome images with a wide dynamic range from highlight to shadow. It creates ultra high-resolution images even at high ISOs with minimal noise. In this mode, photographers can expect smooth, beautiful gradations, and editing options that include a new Color Channel Mixer and a Film Grain Effect. Since Sigma’s cameras do not use blur filters, and since the image sensors capture full image detail at each pixel location in the image, the Merrill camera series is uniquely positioned to produce great color, and black and white imagery. This feature set will be available in Sigma Photo Pro version 5.5, which will be available for download via the Sigma site. Images made using this monochrome editing tool will be displayed at the CES booth. For the full press release about this feature set, click here.
New products that were previously announced as part of the Global Vision restructuring and will be on display include:
- 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM: This new lens from the Contemporary line is 30 percent smaller than conventional models, and features two “F” Low Dispersion (FLD) glass elements with performance equal to fluorite, and one Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass element. Sigma and Canon mounts will be available this month, Nikon mounts will be available in February, and Sony and Pentax mounts will arrive in March. For the full press release, click here. The 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM will be available for the street price of $499.
- 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM: This new lens from the Sports line will include Sigma’s Optical Stabilization (OS) function, a Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM), and two FLD and one SLD glass elements. With a new dust- and splash-proof design, this lens will also have a focus limiter, which incorporates inner focusing and zooming that does not require a change to the length of the lens for focus and zoom. Sigma and Canon mounts will be available in February, and Nikon mounts will arrive in March. For the full press release, click here. The 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM will be available for the street price of $3,599.
- USB Dock: In the industry’s first USB dock, photographers are able to update the lens firmware and adjust parameters such as focus through the Sigma Optimization Pro software. Additionally, AF speed, focus limiter and OS functionality will be customizable via the dock for the Sports line of lenses. For the full press release, click here. Pricing and availability is yet to be announced.
Sigma Corporation of America’s booth activities at this year’s CES include:
- Sigma’s CES Fashion Studio: Stop by the Sigma booth each day of the show to shoot with the SD1 Merrill or DP2 Merrill cameras. The studio will feature alternating high-end models in 1950s and 1960s or couture garb, and guided tutorials with Sigma Pros. All participants will walk away with a Sigma T-shirt and their images on a Sigma flash drive.
- Sigma 35mm F1.4 sweepstakes: By participating in the Sigma CES Fashion Studio, attendees will be entered to win a new Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM lens in a camera mount of their choosing. The winner will be randomly chosen at the end of the show. Click here for contest rules.
For information about Sigma Corporation of America, visit www.sigmaphoto.com. Stop by the CES Virtual Press Room at http://www.virtualpressoffice.com/kit/i6ai or download the CES mobile application for more details about Sigma’s presence at the show.
About Sigma Corporation
For more than 50 years, Sigma Corporation’s expertise and innovation has driven the company’s core philosophy of “knowledge, plus experience, plus imagination,” with an emphasis on producing high-quality, high-performance photographic technology. This family-owned organization is the largest, independent SLR lens manufacturer in the world, producing more than 50 lenses that are compatible with most manufacturers, including Sigma, Canon, Sony, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic and Pentax. Sigma Corporation also produces digital SLR cameras and high-definition digital compact cameras. The company is headquartered in Japan, with offices strategically located throughout Europe, Asia and North America. For information, please visit www.sigmaphoto.com.
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Feb. 26, 2017 06:45 PM EST Reads: 2,336
Addteq is one of the top 10 Platinum Atlassian Experts who specialize in DevOps, custom and continuous integration, automation, plugin development, and consulting for midsize and global firms. Addteq firmly believes that automation is essential for successful software releases. Addteq centers its products and services around this fundamentally unique approach to delivering complete software release management solutions. With a combination of Addteq's services and our extensive list of partners,...
Feb. 26, 2017 06:00 PM EST Reads: 898
In 2014, Amazon announced a new form of compute called Lambda. We didn't know it at the time, but this represented a fundamental shift in what we expect from cloud computing. Now, all of the major cloud computing vendors want to take part in this disruptive technology. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, John Jelinek IV, a web developer at Linux Academy, will discuss why major players like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, and Google Cloud Platform are all trying to sidestep VMs and containers...
Feb. 26, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 2,117
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain.
Feb. 26, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,951
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, whic...
Feb. 26, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,887
Wooed by the promise of faster innovation, lower TCO, and greater agility, businesses of every shape and size have embraced the cloud at every layer of the IT stack – from apps to file sharing to infrastructure. The typical organization currently uses more than a dozen sanctioned cloud apps and will shift more than half of all workloads to the cloud by 2018. Such cloud investments have delivered measurable benefits. But they’ve also resulted in some unintended side-effects: complexity and risk. ...
Feb. 26, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 2,123
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Feb. 26, 2017 04:15 PM EST Reads: 1,660
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Feb. 26, 2017 03:45 PM EST Reads: 2,660
With 10 simultaneous tracks, keynotes, general sessions and targeted breakout classes, Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo are two of the most important technology events of the year. Since its launch over eight years ago, Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo have presented a rock star faculty as well as showcased hundreds of sponsors and exhibitors! In this blog post, I provide 7 tips on how, as part of our world-class faculty, you can deliver one of the most popular sessions at our events. But before reading the...
Feb. 26, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 8,904
"Storage is growing. All of IDC's estimates say that unstructured data is now 80% of the world's data. We provide storage systems that can actually deal with that scale of data - software-defined storage systems," stated Paul Turner, Chief Product and Marketing Officer at Cloudian, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 17th Cloud Expo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Feb. 26, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 7,097
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Feb. 26, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 2,442
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Feb. 26, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 2,357
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Feb. 26, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 1,843
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Aruna Ravichandran, vice president of DevOps Product and Solutions Marketing at CA Technologies, has been named co-conference chair of DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017. The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley will take place Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Feb. 26, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 2,205
Have you ever noticed how some IT people seem to lead successful, rewarding, and satisfying lives and careers, while others struggle? IT author and speaker Don Crawley uncovered the five principles that successful IT people use to build satisfying lives and careers and he shares them in this fast-paced, thought-provoking webinar. You'll learn the importance of striking a balance with technical skills and people skills, challenge your pre-existing ideas about IT customer service, and gain new in...
Feb. 26, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 3,023