|By Business Wire||
|January 8, 2013 02:00 AM EST||
Sigma Corporation of America a leading researcher, developer, manufacturer and service provider of some of the world’s most impressive lines of lenses, cameras and flashes, will be exhibiting at the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show at booth 7904 in Central Hall at the Las Vegas Convention Center from Jan. 8 to 11.
At the event, Sigma will introduce the DP3 Merrill compact camera and a new feature set for Sigma Photo Pro software that will expand users’ editing options for black and white imaging. The latest lenses from the Global Vision lineup will be on display, and attendees will be invited to the booth to shoot with the SD1 and DP2 Merrill cameras to enter to win a new Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM lens.
“Our involvement at CES this year will reaffirm our commitment to photographers,” said Mark Amir-Hamzeh, president of Sigma Corporation of America. “We will showcase our Global Vision lens lineup, the new Sigma Photo Pro black and white photo editing mode and our latest DP Merrill compact camera, the DP3, which completes the DP Merrill camera set with its 50mm F2.8 lens. We’ll also let people photograph with the SD1 and DP2 Merrill cameras in our booth so they can get the full Foveon sensor experience.”
Sigma’s brand new product announcements include:
- DP3 Merrill: As the next generation in Sigma’s DP camera lineup, the DP3 Merrill features a high-performance, 50mm f2.8 lens (a focal range equivalent to 75mm on a 35mm SLR camera) that is ideal for mid-telephoto and macro range shooting. Equipped with the Foveon X3 direct image sensor, the DP3 Merrill ensures outstanding resolution and a natural rendering with rich gradation that results in a 3D feel. Other highlights include an advanced user interface and the capability of seven-frame continuous shooting. When paired with its DP Merrill predecessors, the DP1 and DP2, the trio is a complete compact camera tool set. For the full press release about the DP3 Merrill, click here. Pricing and availability is yet to be announced.
- Sigma Photo Pro Monochrome Mode: This new black and white editing mode in the Sigma Photo Pro software processes the RAW data of the Sigma Merrill series for the creation of monochrome photography. Sigma’s full-color capture system produces richly detailed monochrome images with a wide dynamic range from highlight to shadow. It creates ultra high-resolution images even at high ISOs with minimal noise. In this mode, photographers can expect smooth, beautiful gradations, and editing options that include a new Color Channel Mixer and a Film Grain Effect. Since Sigma’s cameras do not use blur filters, and since the image sensors capture full image detail at each pixel location in the image, the Merrill camera series is uniquely positioned to produce great color, and black and white imagery. This feature set will be available in Sigma Photo Pro version 5.5, which will be available for download via the Sigma site. Images made using this monochrome editing tool will be displayed at the CES booth. For the full press release about this feature set, click here.
New products that were previously announced as part of the Global Vision restructuring and will be on display include:
- 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM: This new lens from the Contemporary line is 30 percent smaller than conventional models, and features two “F” Low Dispersion (FLD) glass elements with performance equal to fluorite, and one Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass element. Sigma and Canon mounts will be available this month, Nikon mounts will be available in February, and Sony and Pentax mounts will arrive in March. For the full press release, click here. The 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM will be available for the street price of $499.
- 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM: This new lens from the Sports line will include Sigma’s Optical Stabilization (OS) function, a Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM), and two FLD and one SLD glass elements. With a new dust- and splash-proof design, this lens will also have a focus limiter, which incorporates inner focusing and zooming that does not require a change to the length of the lens for focus and zoom. Sigma and Canon mounts will be available in February, and Nikon mounts will arrive in March. For the full press release, click here. The 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM will be available for the street price of $3,599.
- USB Dock: In the industry’s first USB dock, photographers are able to update the lens firmware and adjust parameters such as focus through the Sigma Optimization Pro software. Additionally, AF speed, focus limiter and OS functionality will be customizable via the dock for the Sports line of lenses. For the full press release, click here. Pricing and availability is yet to be announced.
Sigma Corporation of America’s booth activities at this year’s CES include:
- Sigma’s CES Fashion Studio: Stop by the Sigma booth each day of the show to shoot with the SD1 Merrill or DP2 Merrill cameras. The studio will feature alternating high-end models in 1950s and 1960s or couture garb, and guided tutorials with Sigma Pros. All participants will walk away with a Sigma T-shirt and their images on a Sigma flash drive.
- Sigma 35mm F1.4 sweepstakes: By participating in the Sigma CES Fashion Studio, attendees will be entered to win a new Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM lens in a camera mount of their choosing. The winner will be randomly chosen at the end of the show. Click here for contest rules.
For information about Sigma Corporation of America, visit www.sigmaphoto.com. Stop by the CES Virtual Press Room at http://www.virtualpressoffice.com/kit/i6ai or download the CES mobile application for more details about Sigma’s presence at the show.
About Sigma Corporation
For more than 50 years, Sigma Corporation’s expertise and innovation has driven the company’s core philosophy of “knowledge, plus experience, plus imagination,” with an emphasis on producing high-quality, high-performance photographic technology. This family-owned organization is the largest, independent SLR lens manufacturer in the world, producing more than 50 lenses that are compatible with most manufacturers, including Sigma, Canon, Sony, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic and Pentax. Sigma Corporation also produces digital SLR cameras and high-definition digital compact cameras. The company is headquartered in Japan, with offices strategically located throughout Europe, Asia and North America. For information, please visit www.sigmaphoto.com.
Container technology is shaping the future of DevOps and it’s also changing the way organizations think about application development. With the rise of mobile applications in the enterprise, businesses are abandoning year-long development cycles and embracing technologies that enable rapid development and continuous deployment of apps. In his session at DevOps Summit, Kurt Collins, Developer Evangelist at Built.io, examined how Docker has evolved into a highly effective tool for application del...
Nov. 26, 2015 07:00 PM EST Reads: 326
Cloud computing delivers on-demand resources that provide businesses with flexibility and cost-savings. The challenge in moving workloads to the cloud has been the cost and complexity of ensuring the initial and ongoing security and regulatory (PCI, HIPAA, FFIEC) compliance across private and public clouds. Manual security compliance is slow, prone to human error, and represents over 50% of the cost of managing cloud applications. Determining how to automate cloud security compliance is critical...
Nov. 26, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 377
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 7-9, 2016 at Javits Center, New York City and Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 18th International @CloudExpo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Nov. 26, 2015 03:30 PM EST Reads: 523
The cloud. Like a comic book superhero, there seems to be no problem it can’t fix or cost it can’t slash. Yet making the transition is not always easy and production environments are still largely on premise. Taking some practical and sensible steps to reduce risk can also help provide a basis for a successful cloud transition. A plethora of surveys from the likes of IDG and Gartner show that more than 70 percent of enterprises have deployed at least one or more cloud application or workload. Y...
Nov. 26, 2015 03:30 PM EST Reads: 442
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York and Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty ...
Nov. 26, 2015 03:15 PM EST Reads: 518
We are rapidly moving to a brave new world of interconnected smart homes, cars, offices and factories known as the Internet of Things (IoT). Sensors and monitoring devices will touch every part of our lives. Let's take a closer look at the Internet of Things. The Internet of Things is a worldwide network of objects and devices connected to the Internet. They are electronics, sensors, software and more. These objects connect to the Internet and can be controlled remotely via apps and programs. ...
Nov. 26, 2015 02:15 PM EST Reads: 498
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Nov. 26, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 290
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, explored the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving t...
Nov. 26, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 391
We all know that data growth is exploding and storage budgets are shrinking. Instead of showing you charts on about how much data there is, in his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing at HGST, showed how to capture all of your data in one place. After you have your data under control, you can then analyze it in one place, saving time and resources.
Nov. 26, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 148
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing & protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection & E-Discovery of your data - whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise.
Nov. 26, 2015 11:30 AM EST Reads: 121
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
Nov. 26, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 445
In recent years, at least 40% of companies using cloud applications have experienced data loss. One of the best prevention against cloud data loss is backing up your cloud data. In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sam McIntyre, Partner Enablement Specialist at eFolder, presented how organizations can use eFolder Cloudfinder to automate backups of cloud application data. He also demonstrated how easy it is to search and restore cloud application data using Cloudfinder.
Nov. 26, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 124
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Nov. 26, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 287
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Su...
Nov. 26, 2015 09:45 AM EST Reads: 370
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningf...
Nov. 26, 2015 09:30 AM EST Reads: 376