|By Business Wire||
|January 9, 2013 08:09 PM EST||
HMDX Audio, creators of the number one selling HMDX JAM Bluetooth® Wireless Speaker in the US, will showcase its new expanded HMDX JAM Collection as well as its new 2013 line of Bedside, Portable Audio and Home Audio products that reflect the brand’s feature-and design-conscious consumer at the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2013) from January 8 – 11, 2013 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. HMDX Audio will showcase its products in the North Hall at Booth #4018.
The new HMDX JAM Collection features six new wireless Bluetooth audio products, which join the original HMDX JAM Classic that became a sensation after its introduction in Summer 2012 via word-of-mouth. The product quickly grew to become the #1 selling Bluetooth speaker in the US after only four months on the market, juiced by a nationwide marketing campaign including TV advertising depicting a massive jam food fight, which encourages viewers to “Spread the JAM.”
“Where there’s a JAM, there’s a party, so there’s no better place to reveal our expanded HMDX JAM Collection than at CES in Las Vegas, where the party never stops,” said Bob Ballard, director of product marketing for HMDX Audio. “Our goal of building upon the success of the HMDX JAM is to develop a portfolio of audio products that focus on features our target customer really cares about and that deliver surprisingly sweet sound at very attractive, accessible prices. We think consumers want music to be a shared social experience and we are expanding that movement with the HMDX JAM Collection.”
HMDX JAM Collection:
Whether you are lounging poolside on spring break, sitting around a beach bonfire with your friends, meeting in the office conference room, or hanging out in the kitchen, the HMDX JAM Collection was designed with one idea in mind: sharing your music. Six new products, all featuring Bluetooth Technology, deliver sweet sound while breaking away from traditional industry designs to showcase sleek shapes and amazing finishes in bright, vibrant colors that compliment our demographics’ style and taste.
HMDX JAM Party (MSRP $119.99; Available Spring 2013)
- The JAM Party Bluetooth wireless portable speaker is perfect for anywhere you want to bring the music, works on AC or rechargeable battery and up to 30 feet from any Bluetooth-enabled device.
- Incredible four stereo speakers deliver superior bass performance.
- Up to 8 hours of wireless play for a party that lasts all night!
- An integrated pop-out handle for easy portability.
- Comes in multiple flavors to express your true colors.
HMDX JAM Plus (MSRP $59.99; Available Spring 2013)
- The JAM Plus is the first Bluetooth speaker in the market that can be paired with another JAM Plus for true stereo sound.
- The JAM Plus features a re-chargeable lithium-ion battery that can pump out four hours of continuous play.
- Bluetooth wireless technology connects to Bluetooth-enabled devices up to 30 feet away.
HMDX JAM XT (MSRP $69.99; Available Spring 2013)
- JAM Extreme was created for people looking for music as the soundtrack to their daily adventures – whether it’s a day at the beach, hiking in the mountains, camping or on the boat - without fear of disabling the device due to outdoor elements or conditions.
- This weather-rated version of the #1 selling Bluetooth speaker in the U.S. continues to provide great sound everywhere you go, with a durable construction-, drop-, dirt- and splash-proof, rubberized IP64-rated body.
- Bluetooth wireless technology connects to Bluetooth-enabled devices up to 30 feet away, and plays for up to four continuous hours.
HMDX JAM Splash (MSRP $79.99; Available Spring 2013)
- Whether taking a shower or lying by the pool, the Jam Splash’s water-resistant design lets you play your favorite tunes anywhere.
- Built-in speakerphone means you never miss a phone call.
- Fully rubberized exterior with integrated stand and suction attachment.
- Play your favorite music up to 30 feet away (so your smartphone, tablet or other Bluetooth-enabled device doesn’t get wet!) and up to four continuous hours.
HMDX JAM Fusion (MSRP $89.99; Available Summer 2013)
- JAM Fusion is the first Bluetooth headphone in the market that can be paired with another JAM Fusion.
- Built-in rechargeable battery lets you share your music with a friend for up to 6 hours.
- Stylishly sleek and colorful, Jam Fusion delivers excellent sound quality and folds down to take anywhere.
- Built-in microphone and wireless up to 30 feet, simply connect with any Bluetooth-enabled device.
HMDX JAM Classic (MSRP $49.99; Now Available)
- The #1 selling Bluetooth speaker in the U.S., the HMDX JAM Classic continues to “Spread the Jam” in living rooms, offices, gyms, beaches and dorm rooms.
- Incredible sound in a small package – the HMDX JAM Classic can be paired with any Bluetooth-enabled device, up to 30 feet away.
- Built-in rechargeable battery delivers up to 4 hours of wireless play.
HDMX JAM ZZZ (MSRP $79.99; Available Spring 2013)
- Integrate your JAM into your morning routine with the HMDX JAM ZZZ Bluetooth wireless alarm clock with dual alarm featuring snooze and gradual wake for a great start to your morning.
- Convenient speakerphone feature allows you to answer calls without lifting your phone.
- Integrated stand to hold your device while streaming music, and a built-in USB port for charging.
- Digital FM radio option to keep the music or news updates going.
In addition to the HMDX JAM Collection, HMDX Audio’s additional Bedside, Portable Audio and Home Audio products are designed for the tech-savvy individualist who likes the many conveniences and user-friendly features that HMDX builds into its products for everyday use.
“As a company, HMDX Audio will continue to design products with features, form and functionality that provide exceptional value and a great user experience for people everyday from the time they wake up to the time they go to sleep,” said Mr. Ballard.
Whether you’re waking up to see the time and temperature projected on your ceiling or are charging your iPhone 5 in a full-featured bedside audio unit with THE latest retractable Apple® lightning connector, HMDX offers a fresh take on the standard black box on your nightstand. The fashionable designs of the new HMDX products add to the user experience. Distinctive finishes, unexpected forms, fun shapes and bold colors all help define HMDX Audio as a true thought leader in what has become a relatively staid, boring category.
HMDX Bedside Audio:
HMDX Freedom (MSRP $89.99; Available Spring 2013)
- Connects wirelessly with Bluetooth-enabled devices, and includes a retractable Apple Lightning pin for iPhone 5, iPad Mini and iPad generation 3.
- Universal dock holds most smartphones and tablets, and includes a USB port for universal charging, and an auxiliary input for non-Bluetooth devices.
- Top mounted controls make it easy to crank up the music.
HMDX CHILL (MSRP $59.99; Available Fall 2013)
- Chill out and sleep easy with this Bluetooth wireless alarm clock that connects with Bluetooth-enabled music devices, and includes a USB port to allow for charging and listening to music simultaneously.
- Jumbo LCD display, dual alarm clock with snooze and gradual wake features, and an integrated digital FM radio to wake up to your favorite radio station or news report.
- Available in four colors.
HMDX Cube (MSRP $69.99; Available Fall 2013)
- This modern take on the alarm clock features Bluetooth connectivity with any Bluetooth-enabled device, and a USB port to charge your devices as you listen to music.
- Dual alarm clock with snooze and gradual wake, and integrated night light.
- Easy to read jumbo LCD display makes checking on the time simple.
- Digital FM radio included for the latest in music and news.
HMDX Sleep Station PLUS (MSRP $49.99; Available Spring 2013)
- Open your eyes and see the time and temperature right above you on the ceiling. This device projects the time and the indoor & outdoor temperature on the ceiling or wall, and can rotate 90 degrees to a comfortable spot for you.
- Retractable 3.5mm cord connects any music device, and included front mounted USB to recharge your device while it plays your favorite playlist.
- Dual alarm clock with snooze and ascending alarm, digital FM radio, and large LCD display.
HMDX Sleep Station (MSRP $39.99; Available Spring 2013)
- Rest easy knowing your sleep station has you covered! This dual alarm clock with radio functions can project the time on the ceiling or wall, providing an easy way to check the time without straining yourself.
- Comes with 3.5mm front-loaded, retractable cord and front-mounted USB for easy charging and playing of most devices.
- Large time display means you’ll never miss a minute – even from across the room.
HMDX Geo (MSRP $12.99; Available Spring 2013)
- Rise and shine with the Geo alarm clock, featuring a large display so you don’t miss the time!
- Easy controls to set a desired wake up time.
- Available in three fun colors that compliment the space it’s intended for.
HMDX Portable Audio:
HMDX Go Speaker (MSRP $12.99; Available Spring 2013)
- An on-the-go protective pouch for the person who wants to bring their music everywhere they go!
- Large controls make navigating between songs and volume easy; and, included 3.5mm cord to connect your music device to the speaker.
- Features stylized grill and is big enough to hold a Samsung® Galaxy.
- Speaker operates on 4 ‘AAA’ batteries.
HMDX Burst (MSRP $24.99; Available Spring 2013)
- This fun colorful speaker fits in the palm of your hand with enough power to start a party!
- Colorful, rubberized speaker casing comes with 3.5mm cord to connect to any music-playing device.
- Up to 8 hours of music thanks to the on board Lithium battery; Micro-USB charging cable included.
HMDX Rave (MSRP $39.99; Available Spring 2013)
- This uniquely shaped, fashionable colored Bluetooth portable speaker with stylized multi-colored grill and top mounted controls provides fun sounds every time!
- Included auxiliary input for playing any non-Bluetooth devices, and micro-USB charging cable included to keep the music going.
- Four hours of wireless play.
HMDX Home and Office Audio:
HMDX Roam (MSRP $49.99; Available Spring 2013)
- Answer phones hands-free with this small, compact and versatile Bluetooth speaker that doubles as a microphone for any incoming or outgoing calls.
- Connects wirelessly with any Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, music device, tablets or notebooks.
- Provides up to 4 hours of talk time, and includes a collapsible wall prong for easy charging.
- Available in a variety of colors.
HMDX Stream (MSRP $69.99; Available Spring 2013)
- Stream the sounds that make you dance by connecting your Bluetooth-enabled devices to the HMDX Stream!
- Play music wirelessly up to 30 feet away.
- Device works on AC or battery power (AA batteries) which means the music moves with you.
- Includes hands-free speakerphone capabilities with Bluetooth-enabled smartphones.
- Universal dock holds most tablets and smartphones, and an included USB port means your devices can charge at the same time.
About HMDX Audio
HMDX Audio strives to provide the highest quality sound products with the features that matter most to its customer to provide a genuinely unique experience. HMDX Audio continues its research and development efforts to provide superior consumer electronics products that truly stand out from our competitors. Our philosophy of bringing innovations and technologies in accessible consumer products enables the company to be positioned as the world-class brand you can trust.
NOTE TO MEDIA: The full 2013 HMDX Audio Product Catalog Sheets, including detailed product information and hi-resolution images, is available for download at www.HMDXAudio.com/press.
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, contrasted how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He showed how the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He also demoed building immutable pipelines in the cloud ...
Jan. 19, 2017 04:15 AM EST Reads: 3,440
Using new techniques of information modeling, indexing, and processing, new cloud-based systems can support cloud-based workloads previously not possible for high-throughput insurance, banking, and case-based applications. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, John Newton, CTO, Founder and Chairman of Alfresco, described how to scale cloud-based content management repositories to store, manage, and retrieve billions of documents and related information with fast and linear scalability. He addres...
Jan. 19, 2017 04:00 AM EST Reads: 5,352
Hardware virtualization and cloud computing allowed us to increase resource utilization and increase our flexibility to respond to business demand. Docker Containers are the next quantum leap - Are they?! Databases always represented an additional set of challenges unique to running workloads requiring a maximum of I/O, network, CPU resources combined with data locality.
Jan. 19, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 381
Due of the rise of Hadoop, many enterprises are now deploying their first small clusters of 10 to 20 servers. At this small scale, the complexity of operating the cluster looks and feels like general data center servers. It is not until the clusters scale, as they inevitably do, when the pain caused by the exponential complexity becomes apparent. We've seen this problem occur time and time again. In his session at Big Data Expo, Greg Bruno, Vice President of Engineering and co-founder of StackIQ...
Jan. 19, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 7,798
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jan. 19, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 6,096
Security, data privacy, reliability, and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house, client-hosted environments to a cloud platform. Quality assurance plays a vital role in ensuring that the appropriate level of risk assessment, verification, and validation takes place to ensure business continuity during the migration to a new cloud platform.
Jan. 19, 2017 01:00 AM EST Reads: 1,279
"Tintri was started in 2008 with the express purpose of building a storage appliance that is ideal for virtualized environments. We support a lot of different hypervisor platforms from VMware to OpenStack to Hyper-V," explained Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 19, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 4,692
Containers have changed the mind of IT in DevOps. They enable developers to work with dev, test, stage and production environments identically. Containers provide the right abstraction for microservices and many cloud platforms have integrated them into deployment pipelines. DevOps and containers together help companies achieve their business goals faster and more effectively. In his session at DevOps Summit, Ruslan Synytsky, CEO and Co-founder of Jelastic, reviewed the current landscape of Dev...
Jan. 19, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 4,177
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Jan. 18, 2017 11:15 PM EST Reads: 4,476
The security needs of IoT environments require a strong, proven approach to maintain security, trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vic...
Jan. 18, 2017 09:45 PM EST Reads: 6,519
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Jan. 18, 2017 09:30 PM EST Reads: 7,636
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it m...
Jan. 18, 2017 09:30 PM EST Reads: 5,747
In their general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Michael Piccininni, Global Account Manager - Cloud SP at EMC Corporation, and Mike Dietze, Regional Director at Windstream Hosted Solutions, reviewed next generation cloud services, including the Windstream-EMC Tier Storage solutions, and discussed how to increase efficiencies, improve service delivery and enhance corporate cloud solution development. Michael Piccininni is Global Account Manager – Cloud SP at EMC Corporation. He has been engaged in t...
Jan. 18, 2017 08:15 PM EST Reads: 4,887
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Jan. 18, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 3,151
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus o...
Jan. 18, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 4,202