|By Business Wire||
|January 9, 2013 08:09 PM EST||
HMDX Audio, creators of the number one selling HMDX JAM Bluetooth® Wireless Speaker in the US, will showcase its new expanded HMDX JAM Collection as well as its new 2013 line of Bedside, Portable Audio and Home Audio products that reflect the brand’s feature-and design-conscious consumer at the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2013) from January 8 – 11, 2013 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. HMDX Audio will showcase its products in the North Hall at Booth #4018.
The new HMDX JAM Collection features six new wireless Bluetooth audio products, which join the original HMDX JAM Classic that became a sensation after its introduction in Summer 2012 via word-of-mouth. The product quickly grew to become the #1 selling Bluetooth speaker in the US after only four months on the market, juiced by a nationwide marketing campaign including TV advertising depicting a massive jam food fight, which encourages viewers to “Spread the JAM.”
“Where there’s a JAM, there’s a party, so there’s no better place to reveal our expanded HMDX JAM Collection than at CES in Las Vegas, where the party never stops,” said Bob Ballard, director of product marketing for HMDX Audio. “Our goal of building upon the success of the HMDX JAM is to develop a portfolio of audio products that focus on features our target customer really cares about and that deliver surprisingly sweet sound at very attractive, accessible prices. We think consumers want music to be a shared social experience and we are expanding that movement with the HMDX JAM Collection.”
HMDX JAM Collection:
Whether you are lounging poolside on spring break, sitting around a beach bonfire with your friends, meeting in the office conference room, or hanging out in the kitchen, the HMDX JAM Collection was designed with one idea in mind: sharing your music. Six new products, all featuring Bluetooth Technology, deliver sweet sound while breaking away from traditional industry designs to showcase sleek shapes and amazing finishes in bright, vibrant colors that compliment our demographics’ style and taste.
HMDX JAM Party (MSRP $119.99; Available Spring 2013)
- The JAM Party Bluetooth wireless portable speaker is perfect for anywhere you want to bring the music, works on AC or rechargeable battery and up to 30 feet from any Bluetooth-enabled device.
- Incredible four stereo speakers deliver superior bass performance.
- Up to 8 hours of wireless play for a party that lasts all night!
- An integrated pop-out handle for easy portability.
- Comes in multiple flavors to express your true colors.
HMDX JAM Plus (MSRP $59.99; Available Spring 2013)
- The JAM Plus is the first Bluetooth speaker in the market that can be paired with another JAM Plus for true stereo sound.
- The JAM Plus features a re-chargeable lithium-ion battery that can pump out four hours of continuous play.
- Bluetooth wireless technology connects to Bluetooth-enabled devices up to 30 feet away.
HMDX JAM XT (MSRP $69.99; Available Spring 2013)
- JAM Extreme was created for people looking for music as the soundtrack to their daily adventures – whether it’s a day at the beach, hiking in the mountains, camping or on the boat - without fear of disabling the device due to outdoor elements or conditions.
- This weather-rated version of the #1 selling Bluetooth speaker in the U.S. continues to provide great sound everywhere you go, with a durable construction-, drop-, dirt- and splash-proof, rubberized IP64-rated body.
- Bluetooth wireless technology connects to Bluetooth-enabled devices up to 30 feet away, and plays for up to four continuous hours.
HMDX JAM Splash (MSRP $79.99; Available Spring 2013)
- Whether taking a shower or lying by the pool, the Jam Splash’s water-resistant design lets you play your favorite tunes anywhere.
- Built-in speakerphone means you never miss a phone call.
- Fully rubberized exterior with integrated stand and suction attachment.
- Play your favorite music up to 30 feet away (so your smartphone, tablet or other Bluetooth-enabled device doesn’t get wet!) and up to four continuous hours.
HMDX JAM Fusion (MSRP $89.99; Available Summer 2013)
- JAM Fusion is the first Bluetooth headphone in the market that can be paired with another JAM Fusion.
- Built-in rechargeable battery lets you share your music with a friend for up to 6 hours.
- Stylishly sleek and colorful, Jam Fusion delivers excellent sound quality and folds down to take anywhere.
- Built-in microphone and wireless up to 30 feet, simply connect with any Bluetooth-enabled device.
HMDX JAM Classic (MSRP $49.99; Now Available)
- The #1 selling Bluetooth speaker in the U.S., the HMDX JAM Classic continues to “Spread the Jam” in living rooms, offices, gyms, beaches and dorm rooms.
- Incredible sound in a small package – the HMDX JAM Classic can be paired with any Bluetooth-enabled device, up to 30 feet away.
- Built-in rechargeable battery delivers up to 4 hours of wireless play.
HDMX JAM ZZZ (MSRP $79.99; Available Spring 2013)
- Integrate your JAM into your morning routine with the HMDX JAM ZZZ Bluetooth wireless alarm clock with dual alarm featuring snooze and gradual wake for a great start to your morning.
- Convenient speakerphone feature allows you to answer calls without lifting your phone.
- Integrated stand to hold your device while streaming music, and a built-in USB port for charging.
- Digital FM radio option to keep the music or news updates going.
In addition to the HMDX JAM Collection, HMDX Audio’s additional Bedside, Portable Audio and Home Audio products are designed for the tech-savvy individualist who likes the many conveniences and user-friendly features that HMDX builds into its products for everyday use.
“As a company, HMDX Audio will continue to design products with features, form and functionality that provide exceptional value and a great user experience for people everyday from the time they wake up to the time they go to sleep,” said Mr. Ballard.
Whether you’re waking up to see the time and temperature projected on your ceiling or are charging your iPhone 5 in a full-featured bedside audio unit with THE latest retractable Apple® lightning connector, HMDX offers a fresh take on the standard black box on your nightstand. The fashionable designs of the new HMDX products add to the user experience. Distinctive finishes, unexpected forms, fun shapes and bold colors all help define HMDX Audio as a true thought leader in what has become a relatively staid, boring category.
HMDX Bedside Audio:
HMDX Freedom (MSRP $89.99; Available Spring 2013)
- Connects wirelessly with Bluetooth-enabled devices, and includes a retractable Apple Lightning pin for iPhone 5, iPad Mini and iPad generation 3.
- Universal dock holds most smartphones and tablets, and includes a USB port for universal charging, and an auxiliary input for non-Bluetooth devices.
- Top mounted controls make it easy to crank up the music.
HMDX CHILL (MSRP $59.99; Available Fall 2013)
- Chill out and sleep easy with this Bluetooth wireless alarm clock that connects with Bluetooth-enabled music devices, and includes a USB port to allow for charging and listening to music simultaneously.
- Jumbo LCD display, dual alarm clock with snooze and gradual wake features, and an integrated digital FM radio to wake up to your favorite radio station or news report.
- Available in four colors.
HMDX Cube (MSRP $69.99; Available Fall 2013)
- This modern take on the alarm clock features Bluetooth connectivity with any Bluetooth-enabled device, and a USB port to charge your devices as you listen to music.
- Dual alarm clock with snooze and gradual wake, and integrated night light.
- Easy to read jumbo LCD display makes checking on the time simple.
- Digital FM radio included for the latest in music and news.
HMDX Sleep Station PLUS (MSRP $49.99; Available Spring 2013)
- Open your eyes and see the time and temperature right above you on the ceiling. This device projects the time and the indoor & outdoor temperature on the ceiling or wall, and can rotate 90 degrees to a comfortable spot for you.
- Retractable 3.5mm cord connects any music device, and included front mounted USB to recharge your device while it plays your favorite playlist.
- Dual alarm clock with snooze and ascending alarm, digital FM radio, and large LCD display.
HMDX Sleep Station (MSRP $39.99; Available Spring 2013)
- Rest easy knowing your sleep station has you covered! This dual alarm clock with radio functions can project the time on the ceiling or wall, providing an easy way to check the time without straining yourself.
- Comes with 3.5mm front-loaded, retractable cord and front-mounted USB for easy charging and playing of most devices.
- Large time display means you’ll never miss a minute – even from across the room.
HMDX Geo (MSRP $12.99; Available Spring 2013)
- Rise and shine with the Geo alarm clock, featuring a large display so you don’t miss the time!
- Easy controls to set a desired wake up time.
- Available in three fun colors that compliment the space it’s intended for.
HMDX Portable Audio:
HMDX Go Speaker (MSRP $12.99; Available Spring 2013)
- An on-the-go protective pouch for the person who wants to bring their music everywhere they go!
- Large controls make navigating between songs and volume easy; and, included 3.5mm cord to connect your music device to the speaker.
- Features stylized grill and is big enough to hold a Samsung® Galaxy.
- Speaker operates on 4 ‘AAA’ batteries.
HMDX Burst (MSRP $24.99; Available Spring 2013)
- This fun colorful speaker fits in the palm of your hand with enough power to start a party!
- Colorful, rubberized speaker casing comes with 3.5mm cord to connect to any music-playing device.
- Up to 8 hours of music thanks to the on board Lithium battery; Micro-USB charging cable included.
HMDX Rave (MSRP $39.99; Available Spring 2013)
- This uniquely shaped, fashionable colored Bluetooth portable speaker with stylized multi-colored grill and top mounted controls provides fun sounds every time!
- Included auxiliary input for playing any non-Bluetooth devices, and micro-USB charging cable included to keep the music going.
- Four hours of wireless play.
HMDX Home and Office Audio:
HMDX Roam (MSRP $49.99; Available Spring 2013)
- Answer phones hands-free with this small, compact and versatile Bluetooth speaker that doubles as a microphone for any incoming or outgoing calls.
- Connects wirelessly with any Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, music device, tablets or notebooks.
- Provides up to 4 hours of talk time, and includes a collapsible wall prong for easy charging.
- Available in a variety of colors.
HMDX Stream (MSRP $69.99; Available Spring 2013)
- Stream the sounds that make you dance by connecting your Bluetooth-enabled devices to the HMDX Stream!
- Play music wirelessly up to 30 feet away.
- Device works on AC or battery power (AA batteries) which means the music moves with you.
- Includes hands-free speakerphone capabilities with Bluetooth-enabled smartphones.
- Universal dock holds most tablets and smartphones, and an included USB port means your devices can charge at the same time.
About HMDX Audio
HMDX Audio strives to provide the highest quality sound products with the features that matter most to its customer to provide a genuinely unique experience. HMDX Audio continues its research and development efforts to provide superior consumer electronics products that truly stand out from our competitors. Our philosophy of bringing innovations and technologies in accessible consumer products enables the company to be positioned as the world-class brand you can trust.
NOTE TO MEDIA: The full 2013 HMDX Audio Product Catalog Sheets, including detailed product information and hi-resolution images, is available for download at www.HMDXAudio.com/press.
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Sep. 27, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,626
WebRTC adoption has generated a wave of creative uses of communications and collaboration through websites, sales apps, customer care and business applications. As WebRTC has become more mainstream it has evolved to use cases beyond the original peer-to-peer case, which has led to a repeating requirement for interoperability with existing infrastructures. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Graham Holt, Executive Vice President of Daitan Group, will cover implementation examples that have enabled ea...
Sep. 27, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,538
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Sep. 27, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,041
SYS-CON Events announced today that Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Tintri VM-aware storage is the simplest for virtualized applications and cloud. Organizations including GE, Toyota, United Healthcare, NASA and 6 of the Fortune 15 have said “No to LUNs.” With Tintri they mana...
Sep. 26, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,744
Major trends and emerging technologies – from virtual reality and IoT, to Big Data and algorithms – are helping organizations innovate in the digital era. However, to create real business value, IT must think beyond the ‘what’ of digital transformation to the ‘how’ to harness emerging trends, innovation and disruption. Architecture is the key that underpins and ties all these efforts together. In the digital age, it’s important to invest in architecture, extend the enterprise footprint to the cl...
Sep. 26, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 438
SYS-CON Events announced today the Kubernetes and Google Container Engine Workshop, being held November 3, 2016, in conjunction with @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This workshop led by Sebastian Scheele introduces participants to Kubernetes and Google Container Engine (GKE). Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, students learn the key concepts and practices for deploying and maintainin...
Sep. 26, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,672
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Sep. 26, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,005
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Sep. 26, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,400
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Sep. 26, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,165
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Sep. 26, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,592
SYS-CON Events announced today that ReadyTalk, a leading provider of online conferencing and webinar services, has been named Vendor Presentation Sponsor at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ReadyTalk delivers audio and web conferencing services that inspire collaboration and enable the Future of Work for today’s increasingly digital and mobile workforce. By combining intuitive, innovative tec...
Sep. 26, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,906
SYS-CON Events announced today that Secure Channels will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The bedrock of Secure Channels Technology is a uniquely modified and enhanced process based on superencipherment. Superencipherment is the process of encrypting an already encrypted message one or more times, either using the same or a different algorithm.
Sep. 26, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,601
Vidyo, Inc., has joined the Alliance for Open Media. The Alliance for Open Media is a non-profit organization working to define and develop media technologies that address the need for an open standard for video compression and delivery over the web. As a member of the Alliance, Vidyo will collaborate with industry leaders in pursuit of an open and royalty-free AOMedia Video codec, AV1. Vidyo’s contributions to the organization will bring to bear its long history of expertise in codec technolo...
Sep. 26, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,619
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Sep. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,839
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Sep. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,732