|By Business Wire||
|January 9, 2013 08:09 PM EST||
HMDX Audio, creators of the number one selling HMDX JAM Bluetooth® Wireless Speaker in the US, will showcase its new expanded HMDX JAM Collection as well as its new 2013 line of Bedside, Portable Audio and Home Audio products that reflect the brand’s feature-and design-conscious consumer at the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2013) from January 8 – 11, 2013 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. HMDX Audio will showcase its products in the North Hall at Booth #4018.
The new HMDX JAM Collection features six new wireless Bluetooth audio products, which join the original HMDX JAM Classic that became a sensation after its introduction in Summer 2012 via word-of-mouth. The product quickly grew to become the #1 selling Bluetooth speaker in the US after only four months on the market, juiced by a nationwide marketing campaign including TV advertising depicting a massive jam food fight, which encourages viewers to “Spread the JAM.”
“Where there’s a JAM, there’s a party, so there’s no better place to reveal our expanded HMDX JAM Collection than at CES in Las Vegas, where the party never stops,” said Bob Ballard, director of product marketing for HMDX Audio. “Our goal of building upon the success of the HMDX JAM is to develop a portfolio of audio products that focus on features our target customer really cares about and that deliver surprisingly sweet sound at very attractive, accessible prices. We think consumers want music to be a shared social experience and we are expanding that movement with the HMDX JAM Collection.”
HMDX JAM Collection:
Whether you are lounging poolside on spring break, sitting around a beach bonfire with your friends, meeting in the office conference room, or hanging out in the kitchen, the HMDX JAM Collection was designed with one idea in mind: sharing your music. Six new products, all featuring Bluetooth Technology, deliver sweet sound while breaking away from traditional industry designs to showcase sleek shapes and amazing finishes in bright, vibrant colors that compliment our demographics’ style and taste.
HMDX JAM Party (MSRP $119.99; Available Spring 2013)
- The JAM Party Bluetooth wireless portable speaker is perfect for anywhere you want to bring the music, works on AC or rechargeable battery and up to 30 feet from any Bluetooth-enabled device.
- Incredible four stereo speakers deliver superior bass performance.
- Up to 8 hours of wireless play for a party that lasts all night!
- An integrated pop-out handle for easy portability.
- Comes in multiple flavors to express your true colors.
HMDX JAM Plus (MSRP $59.99; Available Spring 2013)
- The JAM Plus is the first Bluetooth speaker in the market that can be paired with another JAM Plus for true stereo sound.
- The JAM Plus features a re-chargeable lithium-ion battery that can pump out four hours of continuous play.
- Bluetooth wireless technology connects to Bluetooth-enabled devices up to 30 feet away.
HMDX JAM XT (MSRP $69.99; Available Spring 2013)
- JAM Extreme was created for people looking for music as the soundtrack to their daily adventures – whether it’s a day at the beach, hiking in the mountains, camping or on the boat - without fear of disabling the device due to outdoor elements or conditions.
- This weather-rated version of the #1 selling Bluetooth speaker in the U.S. continues to provide great sound everywhere you go, with a durable construction-, drop-, dirt- and splash-proof, rubberized IP64-rated body.
- Bluetooth wireless technology connects to Bluetooth-enabled devices up to 30 feet away, and plays for up to four continuous hours.
HMDX JAM Splash (MSRP $79.99; Available Spring 2013)
- Whether taking a shower or lying by the pool, the Jam Splash’s water-resistant design lets you play your favorite tunes anywhere.
- Built-in speakerphone means you never miss a phone call.
- Fully rubberized exterior with integrated stand and suction attachment.
- Play your favorite music up to 30 feet away (so your smartphone, tablet or other Bluetooth-enabled device doesn’t get wet!) and up to four continuous hours.
HMDX JAM Fusion (MSRP $89.99; Available Summer 2013)
- JAM Fusion is the first Bluetooth headphone in the market that can be paired with another JAM Fusion.
- Built-in rechargeable battery lets you share your music with a friend for up to 6 hours.
- Stylishly sleek and colorful, Jam Fusion delivers excellent sound quality and folds down to take anywhere.
- Built-in microphone and wireless up to 30 feet, simply connect with any Bluetooth-enabled device.
HMDX JAM Classic (MSRP $49.99; Now Available)
- The #1 selling Bluetooth speaker in the U.S., the HMDX JAM Classic continues to “Spread the Jam” in living rooms, offices, gyms, beaches and dorm rooms.
- Incredible sound in a small package – the HMDX JAM Classic can be paired with any Bluetooth-enabled device, up to 30 feet away.
- Built-in rechargeable battery delivers up to 4 hours of wireless play.
HDMX JAM ZZZ (MSRP $79.99; Available Spring 2013)
- Integrate your JAM into your morning routine with the HMDX JAM ZZZ Bluetooth wireless alarm clock with dual alarm featuring snooze and gradual wake for a great start to your morning.
- Convenient speakerphone feature allows you to answer calls without lifting your phone.
- Integrated stand to hold your device while streaming music, and a built-in USB port for charging.
- Digital FM radio option to keep the music or news updates going.
In addition to the HMDX JAM Collection, HMDX Audio’s additional Bedside, Portable Audio and Home Audio products are designed for the tech-savvy individualist who likes the many conveniences and user-friendly features that HMDX builds into its products for everyday use.
“As a company, HMDX Audio will continue to design products with features, form and functionality that provide exceptional value and a great user experience for people everyday from the time they wake up to the time they go to sleep,” said Mr. Ballard.
Whether you’re waking up to see the time and temperature projected on your ceiling or are charging your iPhone 5 in a full-featured bedside audio unit with THE latest retractable Apple® lightning connector, HMDX offers a fresh take on the standard black box on your nightstand. The fashionable designs of the new HMDX products add to the user experience. Distinctive finishes, unexpected forms, fun shapes and bold colors all help define HMDX Audio as a true thought leader in what has become a relatively staid, boring category.
HMDX Bedside Audio:
HMDX Freedom (MSRP $89.99; Available Spring 2013)
- Connects wirelessly with Bluetooth-enabled devices, and includes a retractable Apple Lightning pin for iPhone 5, iPad Mini and iPad generation 3.
- Universal dock holds most smartphones and tablets, and includes a USB port for universal charging, and an auxiliary input for non-Bluetooth devices.
- Top mounted controls make it easy to crank up the music.
HMDX CHILL (MSRP $59.99; Available Fall 2013)
- Chill out and sleep easy with this Bluetooth wireless alarm clock that connects with Bluetooth-enabled music devices, and includes a USB port to allow for charging and listening to music simultaneously.
- Jumbo LCD display, dual alarm clock with snooze and gradual wake features, and an integrated digital FM radio to wake up to your favorite radio station or news report.
- Available in four colors.
HMDX Cube (MSRP $69.99; Available Fall 2013)
- This modern take on the alarm clock features Bluetooth connectivity with any Bluetooth-enabled device, and a USB port to charge your devices as you listen to music.
- Dual alarm clock with snooze and gradual wake, and integrated night light.
- Easy to read jumbo LCD display makes checking on the time simple.
- Digital FM radio included for the latest in music and news.
HMDX Sleep Station PLUS (MSRP $49.99; Available Spring 2013)
- Open your eyes and see the time and temperature right above you on the ceiling. This device projects the time and the indoor & outdoor temperature on the ceiling or wall, and can rotate 90 degrees to a comfortable spot for you.
- Retractable 3.5mm cord connects any music device, and included front mounted USB to recharge your device while it plays your favorite playlist.
- Dual alarm clock with snooze and ascending alarm, digital FM radio, and large LCD display.
HMDX Sleep Station (MSRP $39.99; Available Spring 2013)
- Rest easy knowing your sleep station has you covered! This dual alarm clock with radio functions can project the time on the ceiling or wall, providing an easy way to check the time without straining yourself.
- Comes with 3.5mm front-loaded, retractable cord and front-mounted USB for easy charging and playing of most devices.
- Large time display means you’ll never miss a minute – even from across the room.
HMDX Geo (MSRP $12.99; Available Spring 2013)
- Rise and shine with the Geo alarm clock, featuring a large display so you don’t miss the time!
- Easy controls to set a desired wake up time.
- Available in three fun colors that compliment the space it’s intended for.
HMDX Portable Audio:
HMDX Go Speaker (MSRP $12.99; Available Spring 2013)
- An on-the-go protective pouch for the person who wants to bring their music everywhere they go!
- Large controls make navigating between songs and volume easy; and, included 3.5mm cord to connect your music device to the speaker.
- Features stylized grill and is big enough to hold a Samsung® Galaxy.
- Speaker operates on 4 ‘AAA’ batteries.
HMDX Burst (MSRP $24.99; Available Spring 2013)
- This fun colorful speaker fits in the palm of your hand with enough power to start a party!
- Colorful, rubberized speaker casing comes with 3.5mm cord to connect to any music-playing device.
- Up to 8 hours of music thanks to the on board Lithium battery; Micro-USB charging cable included.
HMDX Rave (MSRP $39.99; Available Spring 2013)
- This uniquely shaped, fashionable colored Bluetooth portable speaker with stylized multi-colored grill and top mounted controls provides fun sounds every time!
- Included auxiliary input for playing any non-Bluetooth devices, and micro-USB charging cable included to keep the music going.
- Four hours of wireless play.
HMDX Home and Office Audio:
HMDX Roam (MSRP $49.99; Available Spring 2013)
- Answer phones hands-free with this small, compact and versatile Bluetooth speaker that doubles as a microphone for any incoming or outgoing calls.
- Connects wirelessly with any Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, music device, tablets or notebooks.
- Provides up to 4 hours of talk time, and includes a collapsible wall prong for easy charging.
- Available in a variety of colors.
HMDX Stream (MSRP $69.99; Available Spring 2013)
- Stream the sounds that make you dance by connecting your Bluetooth-enabled devices to the HMDX Stream!
- Play music wirelessly up to 30 feet away.
- Device works on AC or battery power (AA batteries) which means the music moves with you.
- Includes hands-free speakerphone capabilities with Bluetooth-enabled smartphones.
- Universal dock holds most tablets and smartphones, and an included USB port means your devices can charge at the same time.
About HMDX Audio
HMDX Audio strives to provide the highest quality sound products with the features that matter most to its customer to provide a genuinely unique experience. HMDX Audio continues its research and development efforts to provide superior consumer electronics products that truly stand out from our competitors. Our philosophy of bringing innovations and technologies in accessible consumer products enables the company to be positioned as the world-class brand you can trust.
NOTE TO MEDIA: The full 2013 HMDX Audio Product Catalog Sheets, including detailed product information and hi-resolution images, is available for download at www.HMDXAudio.com/press.
SYS-CON Events announced today the Docker Meets Kubernetes – Intro into the Kubernetes World, being held June 9, 2016, in conjunction with 18th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Register for 'Docker Meets Kubernetes Workshop' Here! This workshop led by Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, introduces participants to Kubernetes (container orchestration). Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, participants learn ...
May. 5, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 429
trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vice president of product management, IoT solutions at GlobalSign, will teach IoT developers how t...
May. 5, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 665
In the world of DevOps there are ‘known good practices’ – aka ‘patterns’ – and ‘known bad practices’ – aka ‘anti-patterns.' Many of these patterns and anti-patterns have been developed from real world experience, especially by the early adopters of DevOps theory; but many are more feasible in theory than in practice, especially for more recent entrants to the DevOps scene. In this power panel at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, moderated by DevOps Conference Chair Andi Mann, panelists will dis...
May. 5, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,100
See storage differently! Storage performance problems have only gotten worse and harder to solve as applications have become largely virtualized and moved to a cloud-based infrastructure. Storage performance in a virtualized environment is not just about IOPS, it is about how well that potential performance is guaranteed to individual VMs for these apps as the number of VMs keep going up real time. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in product and marketing at Tintri, will discu...
May. 5, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,114
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
May. 5, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,547
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 5, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 998
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 5, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,448
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 5, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,461
Much of the value of DevOps comes from a (renewed) focus on measurement, sharing, and continuous feedback loops. In increasingly complex DevOps workflows and environments, and especially in larger, regulated, or more crystallized organizations, these core concepts become even more critical. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Andi Mann, Chief Technology Advocate at Splunk, will show how, by focusing on 'metrics that matter,' you can provide objective, transparent, and meaningfu...
May. 5, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,175
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
May. 5, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,255
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 5, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,381
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
May. 5, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 720
Unless you don’t use the internet, don’t live in California, or haven’t been paying attention to the recent news… you should be aware that self-driving cars are on their way to becoming a reality. I have seen them – they are real. If you believe in the future reality of self-driving cars, then continue reading on. If you don’t believe in the future possibilities, then I am not sure what to do to convince you other than discuss the very real changes that will roll out with the consumer producti...
May. 5, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 864
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
May. 5, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,350
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., will focus on real world deployments of DDoS mitigation strategies in every layer of the network. He will give an overview of methods to prevent these attacks and best practices on how to provide protection in complex cloud platforms. He will also outline what we have found in our experience managing and running thousands of Linux and Unix managed service platforms and what specifically c...
May. 5, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,353