|By Business Wire||
|January 10, 2013 02:00 AM EST||
Comptel Corporation (NASDAQ OMX Helsinki: CTL1V) today announced that Irish operator eircom has chosen Comptel Fulfillment to expedite the deployment and launch of new services. Comptel’s offering will allow the communications service provider (CSP) to automate and more easily manage the end-to-end process from service order capture to service delivery, enabling it to shorten time-to-market from 6-12 months to just 6-12 weeks.
Leveraging catalog, Comptel Fulfillment will also help eircom reuse service components, be more agile in redefining existing products and conduct accurate, efficient service deployments. This, in turn, will simplify service creation, improve productivity and achieve cost-savings, as well as greatly reduce the likelihood of failed orders, ensure a high level of customer satisfaction and better time-to-revenue.
- With approximately two million customers, eircom is the principal provider of fixed-line and mobile telecommunications services in Ireland. It operates an extensive network in the region in terms of both capacity and geographic reach, and offers a range of advanced voice, data and broadband services to the residential, small business, enterprise and government markets.
- eircom has signed a five-year contract with Comptel and begun to transition to the Next Generation Fulfillment platform. Up against fierce competition, Comptel demonstrated that its high performance technology is capable of propelling service innovation, customer engagement and time-to-revenue.
- Comptel Fulfillment streamlines all service delivery functionality—including comprehensive order workflow and management, service and resource inventory, technical service catalog, and provisioning and activation—into a single platform that can manage converged services in a network-agnostic environment. This approach results in a consolidated service perspective, improved asset management and, ultimately, a lower total-cost-of-ownership (TCO).
- Pre-integrated with Comptel Fulfillment is Comptel Catalog that allows capabilities drawn from multiple service catalogs, repositories or databases to be federated into reusable components for customer-facing services. Its Service-Oriented Architecture allows CSPs to build and adapt marketable products quickly from established service components, bringing new revenues with minimal delay and allowing an agile response to market changes and competitor initiatives.
- “We are sure that we’ve made the right choice in Comptel’s comprehensive fulfillment platform,” said John McIntyre, Group Technology, eircom. “The automation, full order orchestration and integrated catalog will significantly optimise our service deployments and launches, help us keep customers satisfied with richer communications products and maximise our revenue streams.”
- “Time-to-market is an important differentiator for any operator in today’s fast-paced telecommunications market,” said Mr. Mauro Carobene, CMO, Comptel. “With our catalog-driven Comptel Fulfillment product, eircom is well-positioned to streamline service innovation and ensure customer satisfaction to drive profitable business and stay ahead of the competition.”
- For more information about Comptel, visit www.comptel.com. Learn more about the company’s Customer Engagement solutions including Comptel Fulfillment and Comptel Catalog.
- Connect with Comptel on its blog, Compelling Conversations on OSS, and on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. Also visit the company’s Vimeo and YouTube channels.
Comptel, eircom, Ireland, Europe, Comptel Fulfillment, Comptel Catalog, fulfillment, catalog, time-to-market, order orchestration, customer engagement
About Comptel Corporation
Since 1986, Comptel has helped more than 280 service providers across 85 countries meet over one billion subscribers’ communications and infotainment needs. Comptel’s solutions are built on an event – analysis – action strategic framework that leverages the company’s strengths in event data processing and advanced predictive analytics to enable real-time action. Comptel’s service fulfillment, mediation, charging and policy control, and predictive social analytics products with implementation and professional services enable service providers to enhance customer engagement and, in turn, create revenue, reduce costs and lessen churn. Comptel has a global team of nearly 700 professionals, and net sales were EUR 77 million in 2011. For more information, visit www.comptel.com.
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 23, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,336
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to impr...
Oct. 23, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,674
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 23, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 8,315
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Oct. 23, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,094
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their backend AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT - especially in the connected home and office. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Kocher, founder and managing director of Grey Heron, explained how Amazon is extending its reach to become a major force in IoT by building on its dominant cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strat...
Oct. 23, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,735
DevOps is speeding towards the IT world like a freight train and the hype around it is deafening. There is no reason to be afraid of this change as it is the natural reaction to the agile movement that revolutionized development just a few years ago. By definition, DevOps is the natural alignment of IT performance to business profitability. The relevance of this has yet to be quantified but it has been suggested that the route to the CEO’s chair will come from the IT leaders that successfully ma...
Oct. 23, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 16,347
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftNet Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftNet Solutions specializes in Enterprise Solutions for Hadoop and Big Data. It offers customers the most open, robust, and value-conscious portfolio of solutions, services, and tools for the shortest route to success with Big Data. The unique differentiator is the ability to architect and ...
Oct. 23, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 683
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Oct. 23, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,920
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Oct. 23, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,834
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Oct. 23, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,925
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interface Masters Technologies, a leader in Network Visibility and Uptime Solutions, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Interface Masters Technologies is a leading vendor in the network monitoring and high speed networking markets. Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Interface Masters' expertise lies in Gigabit, 10 Gigabit and 40 Gigabit Eth...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,305
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,694
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue an...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,952
As software becomes more and more complex, we, as software developers, have been splitting up our code into smaller and smaller components. This is also true for the environment in which we run our code: going from bare metal, to VMs to the modern-day Cloud Native world of containers, schedulers and microservices. While we have figured out how to run containerized applications in the cloud using schedulers, we've yet to come up with a good solution to bridge the gap between getting your conta...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,442
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his session at @DevOpsSummit 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will show how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that enables everyon...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,272