|By PR Newswire||
|January 10, 2013 03:19 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- There are many methods for acquiring wealth available across the globe today. One of the most easily accessible ways even for the new investor is real estate investing. Many people have made millions of dollars by investing in the real estate market in one form or another.
Real estate is a profitable vehicle for the investor who is dedicated to learning about all of the different types of investments, option, risks and potential rewards that come with real estate investing. There are many different ways to invest in real estate. Here are some of the more common ones people use to get started.
1) Rental property. This is one of those rare real estate investments where you can make money even if you pay top dollar for the property. The reason is you are going to hold onto this property for the long term. You're only requirement is the property generate a positive cash flow. This means after you sum up all of your expenses on the property like financing cost, taxes, insurance and a vacancy rate, the amount you are collecting in rent surpasses this figure. This is one of the classic "get rich slow" methods of real estate investing. You are making a small amount of money each month from the property in rental income, and you are also slowly building up equity in the property over time as you pay down the mortgage.
Local real estate: Seattle Real Estate, What's Goin On?
2) Pre-construction investment. This is also known as buying property on "spec" or on the speculation that when the property is finished it will sell for a much higher price than you have invested in it. This is seen mostly in new condominium projects where investors fight to buy the units before they are built assuming the price will come up once construction is complete. I have known investors who have purchased several condo units in a facility being built and put $5,000 down on each unit as a down payment. Then before the property was even constructed "flipped" their contract to an end buyer who was willing to pay them 4 to 5 times their down payment just to get in on the deal. The problem with this type of investing is it normally only works when a market is going up regularly. In a down market like we are experiencing these types of deals are much harder to find but they are still out there. There are still part of the country that are very desirable to live in and are experiencing market growth.
Home Selling Tips from RealtyPin.com
3) Flipping houses. This is a type of property investment that has made leaps and bounds in the last few years thanks to the popularity of many popular home improvement and house flipping shows on cable networks in the last few years. This has become a very dangerous thing as people who have no idea what it actually takes or costs to renovate and flip a property are buying homes because they think "I saw it on television and I can do that" Television doesn't show you the whole picture. You have to be aware of all of the hidden costs like marketing the property, closing costs, carrying costs if it doesn't sell right away, etc. You need to make sure you are buying the property at a significant discount to cover yourself completely.
4) Buy and hold. As mentioned above, real estate tends to gain value over time. Bad properties in bad neighborhoods will accrue equity if given enough time. History has shown us that even when a large market correction occurs like has happened now, properties eventually do recover and increase in value. The secret is to make sure the property is at least covering it's own costs while you wait for the equity to build up in it.
Realtypin.com'sTop 5 Reasons to Buy a New Home in 2013
5) Lease options. Not everyone has perfect credit. For those who have credit issues finding a lender to purchase a home can be an impossible task. They need time to get their credit repaired. These people are perfect candidates for lease options. They will pay above market value for the house and put a non-refundable down payment down. They are willing to pay for the privilege of rebuilding their credit while working towards a path of home ownership. For these people, a lease option presents a solution to their lending problem and buys them the time they need to get their credit and/or income ready to go to a traditional lender.
Media Contact: James Paffrath RealtyPin.com, 1-(866) 960-8649, [email protected]
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at DevOps Summit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, cutting-edge enterprise web applications for desktop and mobile. SmartClient combines the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software with the simp...
Aug. 29, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,398
With so much going on in this space you could be forgiven for thinking you were always working with yesterday’s technologies. So much change, so quickly. What do you do if you have to build a solution from the ground up that is expected to live in the field for at least 5-10 years? This is the challenge we faced when we looked to refresh our existing 10-year-old custom hardware stack to measure the fullness of trash cans and compactors.
Aug. 29, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,820
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Aug. 29, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,203
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions wi...
Aug. 29, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,174
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Aug. 29, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,012
With over 720 million Internet users and 40–50% CAGR, the Chinese Cloud Computing market has been booming. When talking about cloud computing, what are the Chinese users of cloud thinking about? What is the most powerful force that can push them to make the buying decision? How to tap into them? In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yu Hao, CEO and co-founder of SpeedyCloud, answered these questions and discussed the results of SpeedyCloud’s survey.
Aug. 29, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,229
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 29, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,894
Actian Corporation has announced the latest version of the Actian Vector in Hadoop (VectorH) database, generally available at the end of July. VectorH is based on the same query engine that powers Actian Vector, which recently doubled the TPC-H benchmark record for non-clustered systems at the 3000GB scale factor (see tpc.org/3323). The ability to easily ingest information from different data sources and rapidly develop queries to make better business decisions is becoming increasingly importan...
Aug. 28, 2016 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,153
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 28, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,061
Qosmos has announced new milestones in the detection of encrypted traffic and in protocol signature coverage. Qosmos latest software can accurately classify traffic encrypted with SSL/TLS (e.g., Google, Facebook, WhatsApp), P2P traffic (e.g., BitTorrent, MuTorrent, Vuze), and Skype, while preserving the privacy of communication content. These new classification techniques mean that traffic optimization, policy enforcement, and user experience are largely unaffected by encryption. In respect wit...
Aug. 28, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,845
Deploying applications in hybrid cloud environments is hard work. Your team spends most of the time maintaining your infrastructure, configuring dev/test and production environments, and deploying applications across environments – which can be both time consuming and error prone. But what if you could automate provisioning and deployment to deliver error free environments faster? What could you do with your free time?
Aug. 28, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,957
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitrons Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Hitrons Solutions Inc. is distributor in the North American market for unique products and services of small and medium-size businesses, including cloud services and solutions, SEO marketing platforms, and mobile applications.
Aug. 28, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 716
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 28, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,637
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Aug. 28, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,949
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, a leading provider of middleware modernization, integration, and management solutions, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Aug. 28, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 798