|By PR Newswire||
|January 10, 2013 03:19 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- There are many methods for acquiring wealth available across the globe today. One of the most easily accessible ways even for the new investor is real estate investing. Many people have made millions of dollars by investing in the real estate market in one form or another.
Real estate is a profitable vehicle for the investor who is dedicated to learning about all of the different types of investments, option, risks and potential rewards that come with real estate investing. There are many different ways to invest in real estate. Here are some of the more common ones people use to get started.
1) Rental property. This is one of those rare real estate investments where you can make money even if you pay top dollar for the property. The reason is you are going to hold onto this property for the long term. You're only requirement is the property generate a positive cash flow. This means after you sum up all of your expenses on the property like financing cost, taxes, insurance and a vacancy rate, the amount you are collecting in rent surpasses this figure. This is one of the classic "get rich slow" methods of real estate investing. You are making a small amount of money each month from the property in rental income, and you are also slowly building up equity in the property over time as you pay down the mortgage.
Local real estate: Seattle Real Estate, What's Goin On?
2) Pre-construction investment. This is also known as buying property on "spec" or on the speculation that when the property is finished it will sell for a much higher price than you have invested in it. This is seen mostly in new condominium projects where investors fight to buy the units before they are built assuming the price will come up once construction is complete. I have known investors who have purchased several condo units in a facility being built and put $5,000 down on each unit as a down payment. Then before the property was even constructed "flipped" their contract to an end buyer who was willing to pay them 4 to 5 times their down payment just to get in on the deal. The problem with this type of investing is it normally only works when a market is going up regularly. In a down market like we are experiencing these types of deals are much harder to find but they are still out there. There are still part of the country that are very desirable to live in and are experiencing market growth.
Home Selling Tips from RealtyPin.com
3) Flipping houses. This is a type of property investment that has made leaps and bounds in the last few years thanks to the popularity of many popular home improvement and house flipping shows on cable networks in the last few years. This has become a very dangerous thing as people who have no idea what it actually takes or costs to renovate and flip a property are buying homes because they think "I saw it on television and I can do that" Television doesn't show you the whole picture. You have to be aware of all of the hidden costs like marketing the property, closing costs, carrying costs if it doesn't sell right away, etc. You need to make sure you are buying the property at a significant discount to cover yourself completely.
4) Buy and hold. As mentioned above, real estate tends to gain value over time. Bad properties in bad neighborhoods will accrue equity if given enough time. History has shown us that even when a large market correction occurs like has happened now, properties eventually do recover and increase in value. The secret is to make sure the property is at least covering it's own costs while you wait for the equity to build up in it.
Realtypin.com'sTop 5 Reasons to Buy a New Home in 2013
5) Lease options. Not everyone has perfect credit. For those who have credit issues finding a lender to purchase a home can be an impossible task. They need time to get their credit repaired. These people are perfect candidates for lease options. They will pay above market value for the house and put a non-refundable down payment down. They are willing to pay for the privilege of rebuilding their credit while working towards a path of home ownership. For these people, a lease option presents a solution to their lending problem and buys them the time they need to get their credit and/or income ready to go to a traditional lender.
Media Contact: James Paffrath RealtyPin.com, 1-(866) 960-8649, [email protected]
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Apr. 28, 2017 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,634
Building a cross-cloud operational model can be a daunting task. Per-cloud silos are not the answer, but neither is a fully generic abstraction plane that strips out capabilities unique to a particular provider. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Wolf, VP & Chief Technology Officer, Global Field & Industry at VMware, will discuss how successful organizations approach cloud operations and management, with insights into where operations should be centralized and when it’s best to decentraliz...
Apr. 28, 2017 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 803
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Apr. 28, 2017 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,340
“DevOps is really about the business. The business is under pressure today, competitively in the marketplace to respond to the expectations of the customer. The business is driving IT and the problem is that IT isn't responding fast enough," explained Mark Levy, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Serena Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Apr. 28, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 16,319
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Apr. 27, 2017 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,299
Grape Up is a software company, specialized in cloud native application development and professional services related to Cloud Foundry PaaS. With five expert teams that operate in various sectors of the market across the USA and Europe, we work with a variety of customers from emerging startups to Fortune 1000 companies.
Apr. 27, 2017 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,427
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Apr. 27, 2017 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,447
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Analytic. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Apr. 27, 2017 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,286
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Aruna Ravichandran, vice president of DevOps Product and Solutions Marketing at CA Technologies, has been named co-conference chair of DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017. The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley will take place Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Apr. 27, 2017 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,648
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Apr. 27, 2017 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 9,234
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Apr. 27, 2017 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,465
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Apr. 27, 2017 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,051
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Apr. 27, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 890
Translating agile methodology into real-world best practices within the modern software factory has driven widespread DevOps adoption, yet much work remains to expand workflows and tooling across the enterprise. As models evolve from pockets of experimentation into wholescale organizational reinvention, practitioners find themselves challenged to incorporate the culture and architecture necessary to support DevOps at scale. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Anand Akela, Senior...
Apr. 27, 2017 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,891
Join IBM November 2 at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, and learn how to go beyond multi-speed it to bring agility to traditional enterprise applications. Technology innovation is the driving force behind modern business and enterprises must respond by increasing the speed and efficiency of software delivery. The challenge is that existing enterprise applications are expensive to develop and difficult to modernize. This often results in what Gartner calls ...
Apr. 27, 2017 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,273