|By PR Newswire||
|January 11, 2013 03:00 AM EST||
BANGALORE, India, January 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Q3 Revenues Grow by 6.3% Quarter on Quarter
Consolidated results under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) for the quarter ended December 31, 2012
- Revenues were $1,911 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2012;
QoQ growth was 6.3%
YoY growth was 5.8%
- Revenues excluding Lodestone were $1,872 million;
QoQ growth was 4.2%
YoY growth was 3.7%
- Net income after tax was $434 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2012 against $431 million for the quarter ended September 30, 2012
- Earnings per American Depositary Share (EPADS) was $0.76 for the quarter ended December 31, 2012 against $0.75 for the quarter ended September 30, 2012
- Liquid assets including cash and cash equivalents, current available-for-sale financial assets, investment in certificates of deposits and government bonds were $4.1 billion versus $4.3 billion as on September 30, 2012
- The company won 8 large outsourcing deals amounting to US$ 731 million of total contract value
- 14 new wins for Infosys' products and platforms
- Infosys and its subsidiaries added 53 clients during the quarter
- Gross addition of 7,499 employees (net addition of 977) for the quarter by Infosys and its subsidiaries.
- 155,629 employees as on December 31, 2012 for Infosys and its subsidiaries
- Completed the acquisition of Lodestone Holding AG, a leading management consultancy based in Switzerland
- Infosys American Depositary Shares (ADS) have started trading on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol 'INFY'. The company is in the process of listing its ADS on the Paris and London exchanges of NYSE Euronext.
"We have done well in this quarter despite an uncertain environment," said S. D. Shibulal, CEO and Managing Director. "We continue to gain confidence from a strong pipeline of large deals. However, the broader economic environment remains difficult. Even so, we remain cautiously optimistic about the January-March quarter," he added.
"We were able to maintain our margins through efficiency improvements despite increased operating expenses. We remain focused on making the right investments for profitable and sustainable growth in the longer term," said Rajiv Bansal, Chief Financial Officer.
The company's outlook (consolidated) for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2013, under IFRS is as follows:
Revenues** are expected to be at least $7,450 million;
Earnings per American Depositary Share (EPADS) is expected to be at least $2.97;
* Exchange rates considered for major global currencies: AUD / USD - 1.04; GBP / USD - 1.62; Euro / USD - 1.32 for rest of fiscal 2013
** Includes $104 million from Lodestone
- The company won 8 large outsourcing deals amounting to US$ 731 Mn of total contract value
- Our offerings in the Products and Platforms space continue to see good momentum. This quarter we had 14 wins across industries and geographies. Infosys products and platforms (excluding Finacle™) are now adopted by more than 70 global clients.
- A Blue Cross Blue Shield Plan selected us as a strategic partner to provide enterprise-wide testing services and establish a Test CoE within its IT organization, aimed at creating testing processes and frameworks to support the company's ongoing transformation due to US healthcare reform. Another Blue Cross Blue Shield Plan is leveraging Infosys iTransform™ product and services to help its ICD-10 migration, mandated by the U.S. federal government.
- Our focus on Cloud as a new growth area continues to yield results and the Cloud business currently has more than 190 engagements and 3,500 experts. Over the last quarter, we won more than 15 engagements across Cloud services, Big Data and Security. Our vision of being a Cloud Ecosystem Integrator has gained increasing acceptance with clients and we are working with more than 30 partners to help clients create and manage their unified hybrid cloud environments.
- During the third quarter, Infosys applied for seven patent applications in India and the U.S. With this, it has 525 patent applications in India, the U.S. and other jurisdictions, and has been granted 71 patents by the United States Patent and Trademark Office and two patents by the Luxembourg patent office.
Awards and Recognition
Infosys has been consistently honored by influencers
- We were declared the winners of 2012 Asia's Most Admired Knowledge Enterprises (MAKE) study by Teleos, in association with The KNOW Network for the 10th time, for developing knowledge based products and services.
- Infosys BPO Ltd. has been awarded the prestigious 2012 Optimas Award for 'Managing Change', recognizing exemplary achievements in workforce management and for successfully integrating new employees from around the globe into the organization.
- Infosys BPO Ltd. won the Gold Award for Marketing Excellence in the category of 'Marketing with Social and Interactive Media' at the Information Technology Services Marketing Association (ITSMA) Awards 2012.
- We have received the Microsoft Platform Modernization Award for sales achievement for our Legacy Modernization solution, which helps customers migrate to Microsoft platforms.
- We were awarded the National Energy Conservation Award 2012 for our energy conservation efforts at our campuses in Jaipur and Pune.
- We have been awarded the global No. 1 position for our corporate governance practices by IR Global Rankings (IRGR).
- Finacle™ from Infosys has been ranked as a long-term leader in The Forrester Wave™: Global Banking Platforms, Q4 2012
About Infosys Ltd
Infosys partners with global enterprises to drive their innovation-led growth. That's why Forbes ranked Infosys 19th among the top 100 most innovative companies. As a leading provider of next-generation consulting, technology and outsourcing solutions, Infosys helps clients in more than 30 countries realize their goals.
Visit http://www.infosys.com and see how Infosys (NYSE: INFY), with its 150,000+ people, is Building Tomorrow's Enterprise® today.
Certain statements in this release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding fluctuations in earnings, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, our ability to manage growth, intense competition in IT services including those factors which may affect our cost advantage, wage increases in India, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, time and cost overruns on fixed-price, fixed-time frame contracts, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, industry segment concentration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks or system failures, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, liability for damages on our service contracts, the success of the companies in which Infosys has made strategic investments, withdrawal or expiration of governmental fiscal incentives, political instability and regional conflicts, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outside India, and unauthorized use of our intellectual property and general economic conditions affecting our industry. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in our United States Securities and Exchange Commission filings including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012 and on Form 6-K for the quarter ended December 31, 2011, June 30, 2012 and September 30, 2012. These filings are available at http://www.sec.gov. Infosys may, from time to time, make additional written and oral forward-looking statements, including statements contained in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and our reports to shareholders. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the company.
Infosys Limited and subsidiaries
Unaudited Condensed Consolidated Balance Sheets as of
(Dollars in millions except share data)
December 31, March 31, 2012 2012 ASSETS Current assets Cash and cash equivalents $2,740 $4,047 Available-for-sale financial assets 1,339 6 Investment in certificates of deposit - 68 Trade receivables 1,266 1,156 Unbilled revenue 405 368 Prepayments and other current assets 335 300 Total current assets 6,085 5,945 Non-current assets Property, plant and equipment 1,115 1,063 Goodwill 368 195 Intangible assets 72 34 Available-for-sale financial assets 2 2 Investment in government bonds 12 - Deferred income tax assets 77 62 Income tax assets 191 204 Other non-current assets 33 32 Total non-current assets 1,870 1,592 Total assets $7955 $7,537 LIABILITIES AND EQUITY Current liabilities Derivative financial instruments - $9 Trade payables 13 5 Current income tax liabilities 227 207 Client deposits 12 3 Unearned revenue 146 107 Employee benefit obligations 109 98 Provisions 39 26 Other current liabilities 562 482 Total current liabilities 1,108 937 Non-current liabilities Deferred income tax liabilities 16 2 Other non-current liabilities 18 22 Total liabilities 1,142 961 Equity Share capital- `5 ($0.16) par value 600,000,000 equity shares authorized, issued and outstanding 571,402,566 and 571,396,410, net of 2,833,600 treasury shares each as of December 31, 2012 and March 31, 2012, respectively 64 64 Share premium 704 703 Retained earnings 7,223 6,509 Other components of equity (1,178) (700) Total equity attributable to equity holders of the company 6,813 6,576 Non-controlling interests - - Total equity 6,813 6,576 Total liabilities and equity $7,955 $7,537
Infosys Limited and subsidiaries
Unaudited Condensed Consolidated Statements of Comprehensive Income
(Dollars in millions except share and per equity share data)
Three Three Nine Nine months months months months ended ended ended ended December December December December 31, 2012 31, 2011 31, 2012 31, 2011 Revenues $1,911 $1,806 $5,460 $5,233 Cost of sales 1,203 1030 3,376 3,077 Gross profit 708 776 2,084 2,146 Operating expenses: Selling and marketing expenses 99 88 277 275 Administrative expenses 118 128 355 386 Total operating expenses 217 216 632 661 Operating profit 491 560 1,452 1,485 Other income, net 92 82 308 266 Profit before income taxes 583 642 1,760 1,751 Income tax expense 149 184 479 498 Net profit $434 $458 $1,281 $1,253 Other comprehensive income Fair value changes on available - for-sale financial asset, net of tax effect - - - $(2) Exchange differences on translating foreign operations (250) (442) (478) (1,004) Total other comprehensive income $(250) $(442) $(478) $(1,006) Total comprehensive income $184 $16 $803 $247 Profit attributable to: Owners of the company $434 $458 $1,281 $1,253 Non-controlling interests - - - - $434 $458 $1,281 $1,253 Total comprehensive income attributable to: Owners of the company $184 $16 $803 $247 Non-controlling interests - - - - $184 $16 $803 $247 Earnings per equity share Basic ($) 0.76 0.80 2.24 2.19 Diluted ($) 0.76 0.80 2.24 2.19 Weighted average equity shares used in computing earnings per equity share Basic 571,400,086 571,377,084 571,398,129 571,356,602 Diluted 571,400,417 571,396,560 571,399,018 571,394,949
1. The unaudited Condensed Consolidated Balance sheets and Condensed Consolidated Statements of Comprehensive Income for the three months and nine months ended December 31, 2012 has been taken on record at the Board meeting held on January 11, 2013
2. A Fact Sheet providing the operating metrics of the company can be downloaded from http://www.infosys.com
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Sep. 24, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,665
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Sep. 24, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,475
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at EMC, will introduce a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organizati...
Sep. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,537
While DevOps promises a better and tighter integration among an organization’s development and operation teams and transforms an application life cycle into a continual deployment, Chef and Azure together provides a speedy, cost-effective and highly scalable vehicle for realizing the business values of this transformation. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Yung Chou, a Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, will present a unique opportunity to witness how Chef and Azure work tog...
Sep. 24, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,491
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Sep. 24, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,398
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Sep. 24, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,012
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Sep. 24, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,178
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Sep. 24, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,616
SYS-CON Events announced today that China Unicom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd ("China Unicom") was officially established in 2009 on the basis of the merger of former China Netcom and former China Unicom. China Unicom mainly operates a full range of telecommunications services including mobile broadband (GSM, WCDMA, LTE F...
Sep. 24, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,668
Enterprise IT has been in the era of Hybrid Cloud for some time now. But it seems most conversations about Hybrid are focused on integrating AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google ECM into existing on-premises systems. Where is all the Private Cloud? What do technology providers need to do to make their offerings more compelling? How should enterprise IT executives and buyers define their focus, needs, and roadmap, and communicate that clearly to the providers?
Sep. 24, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,467
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Sep. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 724
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Sep. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 728
Digital innovation is the next big wave of business transformation based on digital technologies of which IoT and Big Data are key components, For example: Business boundary innovation is a challenge to excavate third-party business value using IoT and BigData, like Nest Business structure innovation may propose re-building business structure from scratch, as Uber does in the taxicab industry The social model innovation is also a big challenge to the new social architecture with the design fr...
Sep. 24, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,015
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Sep. 24, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,444
In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Robert Doyle, lead architect at eCube Systems, will examine the issues and need for an agile infrastructure and show the advantages of capturing developer knowledge in an exportable file for migration into production. He will introduce the use of NXTmonitor, a next-generation DevOps tool that captures application environments, dependencies and start/stop procedures in a portable configuration file with an easy-to-use GUI. In addition to captu...
Sep. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 942