|By PR Newswire||
|January 11, 2013 03:00 AM EST||
BANGALORE, India, January 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Q3 Revenues Grow by 6.3% Quarter on Quarter
Consolidated results under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) for the quarter ended December 31, 2012
- Revenues were $1,911 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2012;
QoQ growth was 6.3%
YoY growth was 5.8%
- Revenues excluding Lodestone were $1,872 million;
QoQ growth was 4.2%
YoY growth was 3.7%
- Net income after tax was $434 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2012 against $431 million for the quarter ended September 30, 2012
- Earnings per American Depositary Share (EPADS) was $0.76 for the quarter ended December 31, 2012 against $0.75 for the quarter ended September 30, 2012
- Liquid assets including cash and cash equivalents, current available-for-sale financial assets, investment in certificates of deposits and government bonds were $4.1 billion versus $4.3 billion as on September 30, 2012
- The company won 8 large outsourcing deals amounting to US$ 731 million of total contract value
- 14 new wins for Infosys' products and platforms
- Infosys and its subsidiaries added 53 clients during the quarter
- Gross addition of 7,499 employees (net addition of 977) for the quarter by Infosys and its subsidiaries.
- 155,629 employees as on December 31, 2012 for Infosys and its subsidiaries
- Completed the acquisition of Lodestone Holding AG, a leading management consultancy based in Switzerland
- Infosys American Depositary Shares (ADS) have started trading on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol 'INFY'. The company is in the process of listing its ADS on the Paris and London exchanges of NYSE Euronext.
"We have done well in this quarter despite an uncertain environment," said S. D. Shibulal, CEO and Managing Director. "We continue to gain confidence from a strong pipeline of large deals. However, the broader economic environment remains difficult. Even so, we remain cautiously optimistic about the January-March quarter," he added.
"We were able to maintain our margins through efficiency improvements despite increased operating expenses. We remain focused on making the right investments for profitable and sustainable growth in the longer term," said Rajiv Bansal, Chief Financial Officer.
The company's outlook (consolidated) for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2013, under IFRS is as follows:
Revenues** are expected to be at least $7,450 million;
Earnings per American Depositary Share (EPADS) is expected to be at least $2.97;
* Exchange rates considered for major global currencies: AUD / USD - 1.04; GBP / USD - 1.62; Euro / USD - 1.32 for rest of fiscal 2013
** Includes $104 million from Lodestone
- The company won 8 large outsourcing deals amounting to US$ 731 Mn of total contract value
- Our offerings in the Products and Platforms space continue to see good momentum. This quarter we had 14 wins across industries and geographies. Infosys products and platforms (excluding Finacle™) are now adopted by more than 70 global clients.
- A Blue Cross Blue Shield Plan selected us as a strategic partner to provide enterprise-wide testing services and establish a Test CoE within its IT organization, aimed at creating testing processes and frameworks to support the company's ongoing transformation due to US healthcare reform. Another Blue Cross Blue Shield Plan is leveraging Infosys iTransform™ product and services to help its ICD-10 migration, mandated by the U.S. federal government.
- Our focus on Cloud as a new growth area continues to yield results and the Cloud business currently has more than 190 engagements and 3,500 experts. Over the last quarter, we won more than 15 engagements across Cloud services, Big Data and Security. Our vision of being a Cloud Ecosystem Integrator has gained increasing acceptance with clients and we are working with more than 30 partners to help clients create and manage their unified hybrid cloud environments.
- During the third quarter, Infosys applied for seven patent applications in India and the U.S. With this, it has 525 patent applications in India, the U.S. and other jurisdictions, and has been granted 71 patents by the United States Patent and Trademark Office and two patents by the Luxembourg patent office.
Awards and Recognition
Infosys has been consistently honored by influencers
- We were declared the winners of 2012 Asia's Most Admired Knowledge Enterprises (MAKE) study by Teleos, in association with The KNOW Network for the 10th time, for developing knowledge based products and services.
- Infosys BPO Ltd. has been awarded the prestigious 2012 Optimas Award for 'Managing Change', recognizing exemplary achievements in workforce management and for successfully integrating new employees from around the globe into the organization.
- Infosys BPO Ltd. won the Gold Award for Marketing Excellence in the category of 'Marketing with Social and Interactive Media' at the Information Technology Services Marketing Association (ITSMA) Awards 2012.
- We have received the Microsoft Platform Modernization Award for sales achievement for our Legacy Modernization solution, which helps customers migrate to Microsoft platforms.
- We were awarded the National Energy Conservation Award 2012 for our energy conservation efforts at our campuses in Jaipur and Pune.
- We have been awarded the global No. 1 position for our corporate governance practices by IR Global Rankings (IRGR).
- Finacle™ from Infosys has been ranked as a long-term leader in The Forrester Wave™: Global Banking Platforms, Q4 2012
About Infosys Ltd
Infosys partners with global enterprises to drive their innovation-led growth. That's why Forbes ranked Infosys 19th among the top 100 most innovative companies. As a leading provider of next-generation consulting, technology and outsourcing solutions, Infosys helps clients in more than 30 countries realize their goals.
Visit http://www.infosys.com and see how Infosys (NYSE: INFY), with its 150,000+ people, is Building Tomorrow's Enterprise® today.
Certain statements in this release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding fluctuations in earnings, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, our ability to manage growth, intense competition in IT services including those factors which may affect our cost advantage, wage increases in India, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, time and cost overruns on fixed-price, fixed-time frame contracts, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, industry segment concentration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks or system failures, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, liability for damages on our service contracts, the success of the companies in which Infosys has made strategic investments, withdrawal or expiration of governmental fiscal incentives, political instability and regional conflicts, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outside India, and unauthorized use of our intellectual property and general economic conditions affecting our industry. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in our United States Securities and Exchange Commission filings including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012 and on Form 6-K for the quarter ended December 31, 2011, June 30, 2012 and September 30, 2012. These filings are available at http://www.sec.gov. Infosys may, from time to time, make additional written and oral forward-looking statements, including statements contained in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and our reports to shareholders. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the company.
Infosys Limited and subsidiaries
Unaudited Condensed Consolidated Balance Sheets as of
(Dollars in millions except share data)
December 31, March 31, 2012 2012 ASSETS Current assets Cash and cash equivalents $2,740 $4,047 Available-for-sale financial assets 1,339 6 Investment in certificates of deposit - 68 Trade receivables 1,266 1,156 Unbilled revenue 405 368 Prepayments and other current assets 335 300 Total current assets 6,085 5,945 Non-current assets Property, plant and equipment 1,115 1,063 Goodwill 368 195 Intangible assets 72 34 Available-for-sale financial assets 2 2 Investment in government bonds 12 - Deferred income tax assets 77 62 Income tax assets 191 204 Other non-current assets 33 32 Total non-current assets 1,870 1,592 Total assets $7955 $7,537 LIABILITIES AND EQUITY Current liabilities Derivative financial instruments - $9 Trade payables 13 5 Current income tax liabilities 227 207 Client deposits 12 3 Unearned revenue 146 107 Employee benefit obligations 109 98 Provisions 39 26 Other current liabilities 562 482 Total current liabilities 1,108 937 Non-current liabilities Deferred income tax liabilities 16 2 Other non-current liabilities 18 22 Total liabilities 1,142 961 Equity Share capital- `5 ($0.16) par value 600,000,000 equity shares authorized, issued and outstanding 571,402,566 and 571,396,410, net of 2,833,600 treasury shares each as of December 31, 2012 and March 31, 2012, respectively 64 64 Share premium 704 703 Retained earnings 7,223 6,509 Other components of equity (1,178) (700) Total equity attributable to equity holders of the company 6,813 6,576 Non-controlling interests - - Total equity 6,813 6,576 Total liabilities and equity $7,955 $7,537
Infosys Limited and subsidiaries
Unaudited Condensed Consolidated Statements of Comprehensive Income
(Dollars in millions except share and per equity share data)
Three Three Nine Nine months months months months ended ended ended ended December December December December 31, 2012 31, 2011 31, 2012 31, 2011 Revenues $1,911 $1,806 $5,460 $5,233 Cost of sales 1,203 1030 3,376 3,077 Gross profit 708 776 2,084 2,146 Operating expenses: Selling and marketing expenses 99 88 277 275 Administrative expenses 118 128 355 386 Total operating expenses 217 216 632 661 Operating profit 491 560 1,452 1,485 Other income, net 92 82 308 266 Profit before income taxes 583 642 1,760 1,751 Income tax expense 149 184 479 498 Net profit $434 $458 $1,281 $1,253 Other comprehensive income Fair value changes on available - for-sale financial asset, net of tax effect - - - $(2) Exchange differences on translating foreign operations (250) (442) (478) (1,004) Total other comprehensive income $(250) $(442) $(478) $(1,006) Total comprehensive income $184 $16 $803 $247 Profit attributable to: Owners of the company $434 $458 $1,281 $1,253 Non-controlling interests - - - - $434 $458 $1,281 $1,253 Total comprehensive income attributable to: Owners of the company $184 $16 $803 $247 Non-controlling interests - - - - $184 $16 $803 $247 Earnings per equity share Basic ($) 0.76 0.80 2.24 2.19 Diluted ($) 0.76 0.80 2.24 2.19 Weighted average equity shares used in computing earnings per equity share Basic 571,400,086 571,377,084 571,398,129 571,356,602 Diluted 571,400,417 571,396,560 571,399,018 571,394,949
1. The unaudited Condensed Consolidated Balance sheets and Condensed Consolidated Statements of Comprehensive Income for the three months and nine months ended December 31, 2012 has been taken on record at the Board meeting held on January 11, 2013
2. A Fact Sheet providing the operating metrics of the company can be downloaded from http://www.infosys.com
Providing secure, mobile access to sensitive data sets is a critical element in realizing the full potential of cloud computing. However, large data caches remain inaccessible to edge devices for reasons of security, size, format or limited viewing capabilities. Medical imaging, computer aided design and seismic interpretation are just a few examples of industries facing this challenge. Rather than fighting for incremental gains by pulling these datasets to edge devices, we need to embrace the i...
Jan. 17, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 3,546
In 2014, Amazon announced a new form of compute called Lambda. We didn't know it at the time, but this represented a fundamental shift in what we expect from cloud computing. Now, all of the major cloud computing vendors want to take part in this disruptive technology. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, John Jelinek IV, a web developer at Linux Academy, will discuss why major players like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, and Google Cloud Platform are all trying to sidestep VMs and containers...
Jan. 17, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 361
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Jan. 17, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 3,034
IoT is at the core or many Digital Transformation initiatives with the goal of re-inventing a company's business model. We all agree that collecting relevant IoT data will result in massive amounts of data needing to be stored. However, with the rapid development of IoT devices and ongoing business model transformation, we are not able to predict the volume and growth of IoT data. And with the lack of IoT history, traditional methods of IT and infrastructure planning based on the past do not app...
Jan. 17, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 586
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Jan. 17, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 798
In his session at DevOps Summit, Tapabrata Pal, Director of Enterprise Architecture at Capital One, will tell a story about how Capital One has embraced Agile and DevOps Security practices across the Enterprise – driven by Enterprise Architecture; bringing in Development, Operations and Information Security organizations together. Capital Ones DevOpsSec practice is based upon three "pillars" – Shift-Left, Automate Everything, Dashboard Everything. Within about three years, from 100% waterfall, C...
Jan. 17, 2017 04:30 PM EST Reads: 9,571
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walked through how Octob...
Jan. 17, 2017 04:30 PM EST Reads: 2,890
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Jan. 17, 2017 04:15 PM EST Reads: 1,964
"We're bringing out a new application monitoring system to the DevOps space. It manages large enterprise applications that are distributed throughout a node in many enterprises and we manage them as one collective," explained Kevin Barnes, President of eCube Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 17, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 5,312
Containers have changed the mind of IT in DevOps. They enable developers to work with dev, test, stage and production environments identically. Containers provide the right abstraction for microservices and many cloud platforms have integrated them into deployment pipelines. DevOps and containers together help companies achieve their business goals faster and more effectively. In his session at DevOps Summit, Ruslan Synytsky, CEO and Co-founder of Jelastic, reviewed the current landscape of Dev...
Jan. 17, 2017 02:45 PM EST Reads: 4,099
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint, a leading digital experience intelligence company, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint Systems is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into your customer-critical services to help you consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed for digital business, C...
Jan. 17, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,732
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 17, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 3,625
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Jan. 17, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 3,350
"We formed Formation several years ago to really address the need for bring complete modernization and software-defined storage to the more classic private cloud marketplace," stated Mark Lewis, Chairman and CEO of Formation Data Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 17, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 6,316
Updating DevOps to the latest production data slows down your development cycle. Probably it is due to slow, inefficient conventional storage and associated copy data management practices. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in Product and Solution at Tintri, will talk about DevOps and cloud-focused storage to update hundreds of child VMs (different flavors) with updates from a master VM in minutes, saving hours or even days in each development cycle. He will also...
Jan. 17, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,072