|By PR Newswire||
|January 14, 2013 08:44 PM EST||
VENICE, Calif., Jan. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Recently, Spinning®, the creator of the indoor cycling category, conducted a two-tiered survey that polled the Spinning® community to determine top New Year's fitness goals and how people plan to reach those goals. Based on the results of the survey, Spinning® Master Instructor and Team Manager Luciana Marcial-Vincion, has ten tips to keep those New Year's Resolutions and heart rates moving all year long.
The survey, which reached approximately 1,000 community members, asked what New Year's fitness goals were most important; 47 percent of the respondents said that they want to lose weight, 26 percent want to tone, 20 percent want to improve flexibility, and the remaining 7 percent are split between building stamina and specific time achievements.
Additionally, when the audience was asked how they were going to meet these goals, joining a gym and tracking diet and exercise were tied at 27 percent each, 18 percent plan on hiring a personal trainer, 12 percent plan to utilize a fitness app, and the remaining 16 percent plan to sign-up for a series of classes or increase exercise at home.
According to a recent article by Forbes, "Just Eight Percent of People Achieve Their New Years Resolutions," which means that of the 1,000 Spinning® community members polled, only 80 will actually meet their goals. To help meet health and fitness resolutions, Spinning Master Instructor Team Manager Luciana Marcial-Vincion, suggests the following ten tips:
- Don't Sweat Your New Year's Resolutions: Focusing solely on calorie burn for your workouts is too small – think big! Reach for your dreams, increase energy, build fortitude as caloric expenditure is a default side effect of any exercise you do. It's going to happen no matter what, so fill your mind with majestic adventures and the body will follow.
- Showing up is Half the Battle: Goethe tells us that the moment you commit, providence moves in your favor. Once you're out the door, the rest falls into place. Just go, be on time, and you can already start praising yourself.
- Liquid Heaven: H20 is nature's miracle for health and performance. Ditch the soda and limit juices. Make drinking water a habit so it's less about a response to thirst and more about proactively cleaning the engine.
- Fuel: The earth is flat. Eat 3 meals a day. Yup – both ideas came from the same book. Eating smaller, healthier meals throughout the day keeps you from binging and helps increase your metabolism; it will also make for a better workout.
- We All Fall Off The Bike: Whether it's holiday or vacation related, we all falter. But remember, the failure is not in the falling down, it's in the staying down. Get up. Begin again, as many times as it takes.
- Try Something New: They say to do one thing a day that scares you. Think outside the box with a beginner's mind. Be judgment free and willing to get uncomfortable. Remember, it's got to challenge you to change you.
- Focus On The Present: The experience you are having right now is directly linked to your personal evolution. Flow with what's happening and don't compare yourself to anyone else, your body is unique!
- Make it Your Ride: At least twice a week, it is important to partake in aerobic exercise. Spinning® is a great way to get your body and heart moving and you are ultimately the captain of your own ship – make adjustments that suit your fitness level.
- Your Body Was Made To Move: Take the stairs instead of the elevator, walk where you can, and throw down pushups the next time you are in the mall. Seriously. You might be surprised who'll join in. I call it Spontaneous Fitness Flash Mob.
- Be Prepared: Keep a set of workout clothes at the office, in the car, wherever, to help alleviate excuses and conquer a stressful day. Or if you can't make it to the gym keep workout equipment around the house like Bodyblade,® or Resist-A-Ball® and CrossCore®.
Created over 20 years ago, Spinning® is the global leader in indoor cycling training, education and equipment. Uniquely tailored to suit a wide range of abilities and fitness goals, the Spinning program and patented Spinner® bikes manufactured by Star Trac® deliver a personalized workout, incredible calorie burn and personal challenge—all at a self-directed pace. More facilities choose Spinner bikes and Spinning education than any other indoor cycling program. Spinning is a brand of Mad Dogg Athletics™, the world's largest equipment-based education company. For more information on Spinning, please visit www.Spinning.com or call (800) 847-SPIN (7746). Find out more about Mad Dogg Athletics brands, equipment, products and education at www.maddogg.com.
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Jul. 23, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,005
"Tintri was started in 2008 with the express purpose of building a storage appliance that is ideal for virtualized environments. We support a lot of different hypervisor platforms from VMware to OpenStack to Hyper-V," explained Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,764
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jul. 23, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,826
SaaS companies can greatly expand revenue potential by pushing beyond their own borders. The challenge is how to do this without degrading service quality. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Adam Rogers, Managing Director at Anexia, discussed how IaaS providers with a global presence and both virtual and dedicated infrastructure can help companies expand their service footprint with low “go-to-market” costs.
Jul. 23, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,236
"Avere Systems is a hybrid cloud solution provider. We have customers that want to use cloud storage and we have customers that want to take advantage of cloud compute," explained Rebecca Thompson, VP of Marketing at Avere Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,873
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Jul. 23, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 562
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? You need to discover patterns that are repeatable in vast quantities of data, understand their meaning, and implement scalable monitoring across multiple data streams in order to monetize the discoveries and insights. Motif discovery and deep learning platforms are emerging to visualize sensor data, to search for patterns and to build application that can monitor real time streams efficiently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, ...
Jul. 23, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 603
Ovum, a leading technology analyst firm, has published an in-depth report, Ovum Decision Matrix: Selecting a DevOps Release Management Solution, 2016–17. The report focuses on the automation aspects of DevOps, Release Management and compares solutions from the leading vendors.
Jul. 23, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,564
"This week we're really focusing on scalability, asset preservation and how do you back up to the cloud and in the cloud with object storage, which is really a new way of attacking dealing with your file, your blocked data, where you put it and how you access it," stated Jeff Greenwald, Senior Director of Market Development at HGST, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,326
When it comes to cloud computing, the ability to turn massive amounts of compute cores on and off on demand sounds attractive to IT staff, who need to manage peaks and valleys in user activity. With cloud bursting, the majority of the data can stay on premises while tapping into compute from public cloud providers, reducing risk and minimizing need to move large files. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Jeschonek, Director of Product Management at Avere Systems, discussed the IT and busin...
Jul. 23, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,704
There will be new vendors providing applications, middleware, and connected devices to support the thriving IoT ecosystem. This essentially means that electronic device manufacturers will also be in the software business. Many will be new to building embedded software or robust software. This creates an increased importance on software quality, particularly within the Industrial Internet of Things where business-critical applications are becoming dependent on products controlled by software. Qua...
Jul. 23, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,150
As companies gain momentum, the need to maintain high quality products can outstrip their development team’s bandwidth for QA. Building out a large QA team (whether in-house or outsourced) can slow down development and significantly increases costs. This eBook takes QA profiles from 5 companies who successfully scaled up production without building a large QA team and includes: What to consider when choosing CI/CD tools How culture and communication can make or break implementation
Jul. 23, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,474
Continuous testing helps bridge the gap between developing quickly and maintaining high quality products. But to implement continuous testing, CTOs must take a strategic approach to building a testing infrastructure and toolset that empowers their team to move fast. Download our guide to laying the groundwork for a scalable continuous testing strategy.
Jul. 23, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,779
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 19th Cloud Expo and 6th @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Interne...
Jul. 23, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,916
"We formed Formation several years ago to really address the need for bring complete modernization and software-defined storage to the more classic private cloud marketplace," stated Mark Lewis, Chairman and CEO of Formation Data Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,388