|By PR Newswire||
|January 15, 2013 10:30 AM EST||
BROOKFIELD, Wis., Jan. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Connecture, Inc., the leader in sales automation technology for the health insurance industry, today reflected on the significant milestones achieved by the company and its employees in 2012. A provider of the information systems used to manage and sell health insurance plans online, and the underlying solutions needed to create effective private and public health insurance exchanges, the company more than doubled its sales in a year marked by dramatic growth.
"In the 15 years since the founding of Connecture, our commercial off-the-shelf information systems earned a reputation among the nation's health plans for uncompromising reliability, the flexibility for customization they need, and the ease of use consumers demand when purchasing health insurance online," said Dan Maynard, president and co-founder of Connecture. "Now we're doing the same thing in the marketplace for public exchanges and providing our partners and customers with the peace of mind that results when you have a support team of dedicated Americans behind you every step of the way. Over the past year, our employees proved time and time again that they are simply the best in the business."
More than 25 million Americans shop for health insurance on information systems built by Connecture and relied on by more than half of the nation's 20 largest health insurance carriers and nearly half of all Blue Cross & Blue Shield plans. Some of the many milestones achieved by Connecture this year include:
- Sales growth: Connecture more than doubled its sales in 2012 – closing the year with sales of $87 million. The company expects to continue on a similar trajectory in 2013.
- Significant growth investment: In August, Great Point Partners, LLC, a Greenwich, Conn.-based private investment firm focused on the healthcare industry, led a $20 million funding round in growth recapitalization of Connecture. Existing investor Chrysalis Ventures also co-invested in the financing.
- New customer signings: Connecture signed several new carriers to its growing customer base, which now includes health plans in all 50 states that cumulatively comprise nearly half of the country's health insurance industry. In addition, Connecture won contracts to provide the core shopping and enrollment functions for the state exchanges in Maryland and Minnesota – two of the first states to move forward with the creation of exchanges that fulfill the requirements of the Affordable Care Act. Both states are using modules of Connecture's StateAdvantage product.
- New support for Blue Cross & Blue Shield plans: In August, Topaz Shared Services, LLC, (Topaz) announced it would use Connecture's InsureAdvantage in its shared services offering. Topaz's customers benefit from lower costs, greater economies of scale and easier access to proven technologies and expertise that enable them to bring new products to market faster and more efficiently than ever before.
- Product innovations: Connecture introduced InsureAdvantage for Private Exchanges – a Web-based platform that empowers health plans to help employers lower the costs associated with health benefits while simultaneously providing employees with more plans to choose from – all while making it possible for consumers to shop for and enroll in the right plan with confidence. Connecture also introduced a new Health Plan Management module of StateAdvantage, the company's commercial off-the-shelf product suite that enables states to efficiently create and operate consumer-friendly health insurance exchanges.
- A new headquarters and job creation: Connecture relocated its headquarters to Wisconsin in February of 2012. In 2012, Connecture hired 100 people and continues to fill openings for numerous new positions at all of its locations, including Atlanta, Georgia and Farmington, Connecticut. The company's rapid growth also facilitated the move to a larger headquarters in Brookfield, Wis. over the summer. Available jobs can be viewed at http://www.connecturejobs.com.
- Expanded engagements: Connecture expanded its existing engagements with numerous health plans – providing the information systems and expertise carriers need as the industry evolves.
- Investment in talent: Connecture appointed Doug Schneider, a veteran executive with nearly two decades of experience leading high-growth healthcare companies – including Medstat, Thomson Healthcare, and Thomson Reuters Healthcare – as CEO. Other prominent industry executives hired to the company in 2012 included Vice President, Client Services Tim Allaway; Senior Vice President and General Manager Mark Granville and Vice President, Government Programs Ryan Howells. Travis Potts was promoted to vice president, client services.
"Whether you're a health insurance payer, a state, a corporation, a small business, a broker or a consumer, there's universal agreement that the health insurance purchasing process is needlessly expensive and complex," said Schneider. "Our Web-based platforms remove the unnecessary costs and friction. Health insurance is by its nature complex – one size does not fit all – but buying and selling it doesn't have to be."
Connecture is the leading provider of Web-based information systems used to create health insurance marketplaces and exchanges. Its industry-proven solutions enable consumers, employers and brokers to more easily shop for, purchase and renew health insurance while minimizing back-office administrative expenses for health plans. Connecture's solutions are provided to health plans, state insurance exchanges, private exchanges and insurance brokers. More than 25 million Americans shop for their health insurance through systems built by Connecture, and more than half of the nation's 20 largest plans rely on them to sell, administer and manage their plans and products effectively. For more information, visit www.connecture.com.
Davies Murphy Group, Inc.
SOURCE Connecture, Inc.
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jul. 29, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,119
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Jul. 29, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,019
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Jul. 29, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,455
In his session at Cloud Expo, Robert Cohen, an economist and senior fellow at the Economic Strategy Institute, will provide economic scenarios that describe how the rapid adoption of software-defined everything including cloud services, SDDC and open networking will change GDP, industry growth, productivity and jobs. This session will also include a drill down for several industries such as finance, social media, cloud service providers and pharmaceuticals.
Jul. 29, 2016 09:07 AM EDT Reads: 237
Security, data privacy, reliability, and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house, client-hosted environments to a cloud platform. Quality assurance plays a vital role in ensuring that the appropriate level of risk assessment, verification, and validation takes place to ensure business continuity during the migration to a new cloud platform.
Jul. 29, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 445
SYS-CON Events announced today the Kubernetes and Google Container Engine Workshop, being held November 3, 2016, in conjunction with @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This workshop led by Sebastian Scheele introduces participants to Kubernetes and Google Container Engine (GKE). Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, students learn the key concepts and practices for deploying and maintainin...
Jul. 29, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 962
StackIQ has announced the release of Stacki 3.2. Stacki is an easy-to-use Linux server provisioning tool. Stacki 3.2 delivers new capabilities that simplify the automation and integration of site-specific requirements. StackIQ is the commercial entity behind this open source bare metal provisioning tool. Since the release of Stacki in June of 2015, the Stacki core team has been focused on making the Community Edition meet the needs of members of the community, adding features and value, while ...
Jul. 29, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 574
Aspose.Total for .NET is the most complete package of all file format APIs for .NET as offered by Aspose. It empowers developers to create, edit, render, print and convert between a wide range of popular document formats within any .NET, C#, ASP.NET and VB.NET applications. Aspose compiles all .NET APIs on a daily basis to ensure that it contains the most up to date versions of each of Aspose .NET APIs. If a new .NET API or a new version of existing APIs is released during the subscription peri...
Jul. 29, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,001
There will be new vendors providing applications, middleware, and connected devices to support the thriving IoT ecosystem. This essentially means that electronic device manufacturers will also be in the software business. Many will be new to building embedded software or robust software. This creates an increased importance on software quality, particularly within the Industrial Internet of Things where business-critical applications are becoming dependent on products controlled by software. Qua...
Jul. 29, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,632
In addition to all the benefits, IoT is also bringing new kind of customer experience challenges - cars that unlock themselves, thermostats turning houses into saunas and baby video monitors broadcasting over the internet. This list can only increase because while IoT services should be intuitive and simple to use, the delivery ecosystem is a myriad of potential problems as IoT explodes complexity. So finding a performance issue is like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.
Jul. 29, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,364
"We host and fully manage cloud data services, whether we store, the data, move the data, or run analytics on the data," stated Kamal Shannak, Senior Development Manager, Cloud Data Services, IBM, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 29, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,430
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to imp...
Jul. 29, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,567
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Jul. 29, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,364
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Jul. 29, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,413
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Jul. 29, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,679