|By PR Newswire||
|January 15, 2013 10:30 AM EST||
BROOKFIELD, Wis., Jan. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Connecture, Inc., the leader in sales automation technology for the health insurance industry, today reflected on the significant milestones achieved by the company and its employees in 2012. A provider of the information systems used to manage and sell health insurance plans online, and the underlying solutions needed to create effective private and public health insurance exchanges, the company more than doubled its sales in a year marked by dramatic growth.
"In the 15 years since the founding of Connecture, our commercial off-the-shelf information systems earned a reputation among the nation's health plans for uncompromising reliability, the flexibility for customization they need, and the ease of use consumers demand when purchasing health insurance online," said Dan Maynard, president and co-founder of Connecture. "Now we're doing the same thing in the marketplace for public exchanges and providing our partners and customers with the peace of mind that results when you have a support team of dedicated Americans behind you every step of the way. Over the past year, our employees proved time and time again that they are simply the best in the business."
More than 25 million Americans shop for health insurance on information systems built by Connecture and relied on by more than half of the nation's 20 largest health insurance carriers and nearly half of all Blue Cross & Blue Shield plans. Some of the many milestones achieved by Connecture this year include:
- Sales growth: Connecture more than doubled its sales in 2012 – closing the year with sales of $87 million. The company expects to continue on a similar trajectory in 2013.
- Significant growth investment: In August, Great Point Partners, LLC, a Greenwich, Conn.-based private investment firm focused on the healthcare industry, led a $20 million funding round in growth recapitalization of Connecture. Existing investor Chrysalis Ventures also co-invested in the financing.
- New customer signings: Connecture signed several new carriers to its growing customer base, which now includes health plans in all 50 states that cumulatively comprise nearly half of the country's health insurance industry. In addition, Connecture won contracts to provide the core shopping and enrollment functions for the state exchanges in Maryland and Minnesota – two of the first states to move forward with the creation of exchanges that fulfill the requirements of the Affordable Care Act. Both states are using modules of Connecture's StateAdvantage product.
- New support for Blue Cross & Blue Shield plans: In August, Topaz Shared Services, LLC, (Topaz) announced it would use Connecture's InsureAdvantage in its shared services offering. Topaz's customers benefit from lower costs, greater economies of scale and easier access to proven technologies and expertise that enable them to bring new products to market faster and more efficiently than ever before.
- Product innovations: Connecture introduced InsureAdvantage for Private Exchanges – a Web-based platform that empowers health plans to help employers lower the costs associated with health benefits while simultaneously providing employees with more plans to choose from – all while making it possible for consumers to shop for and enroll in the right plan with confidence. Connecture also introduced a new Health Plan Management module of StateAdvantage, the company's commercial off-the-shelf product suite that enables states to efficiently create and operate consumer-friendly health insurance exchanges.
- A new headquarters and job creation: Connecture relocated its headquarters to Wisconsin in February of 2012. In 2012, Connecture hired 100 people and continues to fill openings for numerous new positions at all of its locations, including Atlanta, Georgia and Farmington, Connecticut. The company's rapid growth also facilitated the move to a larger headquarters in Brookfield, Wis. over the summer. Available jobs can be viewed at http://www.connecturejobs.com.
- Expanded engagements: Connecture expanded its existing engagements with numerous health plans – providing the information systems and expertise carriers need as the industry evolves.
- Investment in talent: Connecture appointed Doug Schneider, a veteran executive with nearly two decades of experience leading high-growth healthcare companies – including Medstat, Thomson Healthcare, and Thomson Reuters Healthcare – as CEO. Other prominent industry executives hired to the company in 2012 included Vice President, Client Services Tim Allaway; Senior Vice President and General Manager Mark Granville and Vice President, Government Programs Ryan Howells. Travis Potts was promoted to vice president, client services.
"Whether you're a health insurance payer, a state, a corporation, a small business, a broker or a consumer, there's universal agreement that the health insurance purchasing process is needlessly expensive and complex," said Schneider. "Our Web-based platforms remove the unnecessary costs and friction. Health insurance is by its nature complex – one size does not fit all – but buying and selling it doesn't have to be."
Connecture is the leading provider of Web-based information systems used to create health insurance marketplaces and exchanges. Its industry-proven solutions enable consumers, employers and brokers to more easily shop for, purchase and renew health insurance while minimizing back-office administrative expenses for health plans. Connecture's solutions are provided to health plans, state insurance exchanges, private exchanges and insurance brokers. More than 25 million Americans shop for their health insurance through systems built by Connecture, and more than half of the nation's 20 largest plans rely on them to sell, administer and manage their plans and products effectively. For more information, visit www.connecture.com.
Davies Murphy Group, Inc.
SOURCE Connecture, Inc.
While DevOps promises a better and tighter integration among an organization’s development and operation teams and transforms an application life cycle into a continual deployment, Chef and Azure together provides a speedy, cost-effective and highly scalable vehicle for realizing the business values of this transformation. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Yung Chou, a Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, will present a unique opportunity to witness how Chef and Azure work tog...
Aug. 31, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 200
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Aug. 31, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 231
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at DevOps Summit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, cutting-edge enterprise web applications for desktop and mobile. SmartClient combines the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software with the simp...
Aug. 31, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,527
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Aug. 31, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,616
Although it has gained significant traction in the consumer space, IoT is still in the early stages of adoption in enterprises environments. However, many companies are working on initiatives like Industry 4.0 that includes IoT as one of the key disruptive technologies expected to reshape businesses of tomorrow. The key challenges will be availability, robustness and reliability of networks that connect devices in a business environment. Software Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) is expected to...
Aug. 31, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 272
Between the mockups and specs produced by analysts, and resulting applications built by developers, there exists a gulf where projects fail, costs spiral, and applications disappoint. Methodologies like Agile attempt to address this with intensified communication, with partial success but many limitations. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Charles Kendrick, CTO at Isomorphic Software, will present a revolutionary model enabled by new technologies. Learn how business and deve...
Aug. 31, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 187
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of (at least) three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the back-end service, and the mobile application for the end user’s controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/target –...
Aug. 31, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 275
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitrons Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Hitrons Solutions Inc. is distributor in the North American market for unique products and services of small and medium-size businesses, including cloud services and solutions, SEO marketing platforms, and mobile applications.
Aug. 31, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 876
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 31, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,842
SYS-CON Events announced today that Numerex Corp, a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT), will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Numerex Corp. (NASDAQ:NMRX) is a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT). The Company's solutions produce new revenue streams or create operating...
Aug. 31, 2016 04:39 PM EDT Reads: 241
Enterprises have forever faced challenges surrounding the sharing of their intellectual property. Emerging cloud adoption has made it more compelling for enterprises to digitize their content, making them available over a wide variety of devices across the Internet. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Santosh Ahuja, Director of Architecture at Impiger Technologies, will introduce various mechanisms provided by cloud service providers today to manage and share digital content in a secure manner....
Aug. 31, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 976
We are always online. We access our data, our finances, work, and various services on the Internet. But we live in a congested world of information in which the roads were built two decades ago. The quest for better, faster Internet routing has been around for a decade, but nobody solved this problem. We’ve seen band aid approaches like CDNs that attack a niche's slice of static content part of the Internet, but that’s it. It does not address the dynamic services-based Internet of today. It doe...
Aug. 31, 2016 04:12 PM EDT Reads: 252
As the world moves toward more DevOps and Microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The Microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. Serverless computing is revolutionizing computing. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Raghav...
Aug. 31, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,132
As cloud adoption continues to transform business, today’s global enterprises are challenged with managing a growing amount of information living outside of the data center. The rapid adoption of IoT and increasingly mobile workforce are exacerbating the problem. Ensuring secure data sharing and efficient backup poses capacity and bandwidth considerations as well as policy and regulatory compliance issues.
Aug. 31, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 325
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Aug. 31, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 794