|By PR Newswire||
|January 15, 2013 10:30 AM EST||
BROOKFIELD, Wis., Jan. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Connecture, Inc., the leader in sales automation technology for the health insurance industry, today reflected on the significant milestones achieved by the company and its employees in 2012. A provider of the information systems used to manage and sell health insurance plans online, and the underlying solutions needed to create effective private and public health insurance exchanges, the company more than doubled its sales in a year marked by dramatic growth.
"In the 15 years since the founding of Connecture, our commercial off-the-shelf information systems earned a reputation among the nation's health plans for uncompromising reliability, the flexibility for customization they need, and the ease of use consumers demand when purchasing health insurance online," said Dan Maynard, president and co-founder of Connecture. "Now we're doing the same thing in the marketplace for public exchanges and providing our partners and customers with the peace of mind that results when you have a support team of dedicated Americans behind you every step of the way. Over the past year, our employees proved time and time again that they are simply the best in the business."
More than 25 million Americans shop for health insurance on information systems built by Connecture and relied on by more than half of the nation's 20 largest health insurance carriers and nearly half of all Blue Cross & Blue Shield plans. Some of the many milestones achieved by Connecture this year include:
- Sales growth: Connecture more than doubled its sales in 2012 – closing the year with sales of $87 million. The company expects to continue on a similar trajectory in 2013.
- Significant growth investment: In August, Great Point Partners, LLC, a Greenwich, Conn.-based private investment firm focused on the healthcare industry, led a $20 million funding round in growth recapitalization of Connecture. Existing investor Chrysalis Ventures also co-invested in the financing.
- New customer signings: Connecture signed several new carriers to its growing customer base, which now includes health plans in all 50 states that cumulatively comprise nearly half of the country's health insurance industry. In addition, Connecture won contracts to provide the core shopping and enrollment functions for the state exchanges in Maryland and Minnesota – two of the first states to move forward with the creation of exchanges that fulfill the requirements of the Affordable Care Act. Both states are using modules of Connecture's StateAdvantage product.
- New support for Blue Cross & Blue Shield plans: In August, Topaz Shared Services, LLC, (Topaz) announced it would use Connecture's InsureAdvantage in its shared services offering. Topaz's customers benefit from lower costs, greater economies of scale and easier access to proven technologies and expertise that enable them to bring new products to market faster and more efficiently than ever before.
- Product innovations: Connecture introduced InsureAdvantage for Private Exchanges – a Web-based platform that empowers health plans to help employers lower the costs associated with health benefits while simultaneously providing employees with more plans to choose from – all while making it possible for consumers to shop for and enroll in the right plan with confidence. Connecture also introduced a new Health Plan Management module of StateAdvantage, the company's commercial off-the-shelf product suite that enables states to efficiently create and operate consumer-friendly health insurance exchanges.
- A new headquarters and job creation: Connecture relocated its headquarters to Wisconsin in February of 2012. In 2012, Connecture hired 100 people and continues to fill openings for numerous new positions at all of its locations, including Atlanta, Georgia and Farmington, Connecticut. The company's rapid growth also facilitated the move to a larger headquarters in Brookfield, Wis. over the summer. Available jobs can be viewed at http://www.connecturejobs.com.
- Expanded engagements: Connecture expanded its existing engagements with numerous health plans – providing the information systems and expertise carriers need as the industry evolves.
- Investment in talent: Connecture appointed Doug Schneider, a veteran executive with nearly two decades of experience leading high-growth healthcare companies – including Medstat, Thomson Healthcare, and Thomson Reuters Healthcare – as CEO. Other prominent industry executives hired to the company in 2012 included Vice President, Client Services Tim Allaway; Senior Vice President and General Manager Mark Granville and Vice President, Government Programs Ryan Howells. Travis Potts was promoted to vice president, client services.
"Whether you're a health insurance payer, a state, a corporation, a small business, a broker or a consumer, there's universal agreement that the health insurance purchasing process is needlessly expensive and complex," said Schneider. "Our Web-based platforms remove the unnecessary costs and friction. Health insurance is by its nature complex – one size does not fit all – but buying and selling it doesn't have to be."
Connecture is the leading provider of Web-based information systems used to create health insurance marketplaces and exchanges. Its industry-proven solutions enable consumers, employers and brokers to more easily shop for, purchase and renew health insurance while minimizing back-office administrative expenses for health plans. Connecture's solutions are provided to health plans, state insurance exchanges, private exchanges and insurance brokers. More than 25 million Americans shop for their health insurance through systems built by Connecture, and more than half of the nation's 20 largest plans rely on them to sell, administer and manage their plans and products effectively. For more information, visit www.connecture.com.
Davies Murphy Group, Inc.
SOURCE Connecture, Inc.
910Telecom exhibited at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which took place at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, in November 2016. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and exchanges.
Feb. 21, 2017 02:45 AM EST Reads: 1,322
Whether you like it or not, DevOps is on track for a remarkable alliance with security. The SEC didn’t approve the merger. And your boss hasn’t heard anything about it. Yet, this unruly triumvirate will soon dominate and deliver DevSecOps faster, cheaper, better, and on an unprecedented scale. In his session at DevOps Summit, Frank Bunger, VP of Customer Success at ScriptRock, discussed how this cathartic moment will propel the DevOps movement from such stuff as dreams are made on to a practic...
Feb. 21, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 4,559
As software becomes more and more complex, we, as software developers, have been splitting up our code into smaller and smaller components. This is also true for the environment in which we run our code: going from bare metal, to VMs to the modern-day Cloud Native world of containers, schedulers and micro services. While we have figured out how to run containerized applications in the cloud using schedulers, we've yet to come up with a good solution to bridge the gap between getting your contain...
Feb. 21, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 3,252
The modern software development landscape consists of best practices and tools that allow teams to deliver software in a near-continuous manner. By adopting a culture of automation, measurement and sharing, the time to ship code has been greatly reduced, allowing for shorter release cycles and quicker feedback from customers and users. Still, with all of these tools and methods, how can teams stay on top of what is taking place across their infrastructure and codebase? Hopping between services a...
Feb. 21, 2017 01:00 AM EST Reads: 6,257
Niagara Networks exhibited at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which took place at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, in November 2016. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Feb. 21, 2017 12:30 AM EST Reads: 702
Zerto exhibited at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which took place at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, in June 2016. Zerto is committed to keeping enterprise and cloud IT running 24/7 by providing innovative, simple, reliable and scalable business continuity software solutions. Through the Zerto Cloud Continuity Platform™, organizations can seamlessly move and protect virtualized workloads between public, private and hybrid clouds. The company’s flagship product, Zerto Virtual...
Feb. 21, 2017 12:30 AM EST Reads: 1,030
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Feb. 20, 2017 10:15 PM EST Reads: 3,329
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Feb. 20, 2017 10:15 PM EST Reads: 5,915
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Feb. 20, 2017 10:15 PM EST Reads: 6,193
"Plutora provides release and testing environment capabilities to the enterprise," explained Dalibor Siroky, Director and Co-founder of Plutora, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Feb. 20, 2017 09:15 PM EST Reads: 4,506
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Feb. 20, 2017 09:15 PM EST Reads: 905
Security, data privacy, reliability and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house client hosted environments to a cloud platform. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Vandana Viswanathan, Associate Director at Cognizant, In this session, will provide an orientation to the five stages required to implement a cloud hosted solution validation strategy.
Feb. 20, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 4,336
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named "Platinum Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and 21st International Cloud Expo, which will take place in November in Silicon Valley, California.
Feb. 20, 2017 08:30 PM EST Reads: 1,514
The security needs of IoT environments require a strong, proven approach to maintain security, trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vic...
Feb. 20, 2017 07:00 PM EST Reads: 8,234
SYS-CON Events announced today that delaPlex will exhibit at SYS-CON's @CloudExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. delaPlex pioneered Software Development as a Service (SDaaS), which provides scalable resources to build, test, and deploy software. It’s a fast and more reliable way to develop a new product or expand your in-house team.
Feb. 20, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,004