|By PR Newswire||
|January 16, 2013 04:38 PM EST||
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Leading world travel luminaries like Lonely Planet, Fodor's and Golfweek praise Dominican Republic's exuberant golf, beaches and exciting ecotourism and culture. Centrally located in the Caribbean with delicious gastronomy, friendly people and world-class resorts, Dominican Republic is the place to go in 2013!
"Dominican Republic boasts an unrivaled and carefully nurtured natural environment with culturally rich cities and friendly Dominican towns that keep visitors coming back to our 1,000 miles of sunny coastline every year," said Magaly Toribio, Marketing Advisor for the Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism. "The charm and lure of the country comes from our exuberant people, abundant recreation and excursions, rich culture and superlative relaxation enabling visitors to transcend their cares and restore their joy."
2013 – Accolades:
- Veteran travel guide publisher Fodor's included the Samana Peninsula on Fodor's "Go List of 25 Places to Go in 2013" with new regular JetBlue and Air Canada flights to El Catey International Airport (AZS). Fodor's makes the point that Samaná is charming for its delightful small inns, secluded beaches, friendly locals and plenty of natural wonders. All of this plus the region has not experienced massive development.
- Lonely Planet named Dominican Republic among its "Top 10 Countries for 2013" in its "Best in Travel" honors. Lonely Planet draws upon the input of its staff, authors and online community for recommendations with the final list being decided upon by an in-house panel of experts.
- The International Association of Golf Tour Operators (IAGTO) named Dominican Republic the "2013 Golf Destination of the Year in the Caribbean and Latin America". This is the second time Dominican Republic has been chosen by IAGTO as best for its magnificent, sun-kissed golf courses.
2012 – Lavish Dominican Accommodations:
- Conde Nast Traveler magazine named The Peninsula House on the Samana Peninsula as #7 among the Top 100 Hotels of the World.
- TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence Award was presented to Casa Bonita Tropical Lodge in Barahona.
- Resort Condominiums International (RCI) Golf Crown Award was bestowed upon Puerto Plata's Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Resort & Spa, Now Larimar Punta Cana, Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana and Zoetry Agua Punta Cana.
- Island Destinations' Ultimate Family Award honored La Romana's Casa de Campo.
- The AAA Four Diamond Award was given to PUNTACANA Resort & Club's Bamboo restaurant and the AAA Three Diamond Award to its La Yola restaurant.
- The ITS Red Star Award honored Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace in La Romana-Bayahibe for its high-quality service and guest satisfaction.
- The HolidayCheck Award recognized four Dominican properties in four categories: Secrets Royal Beach in Punta Cana in Beach Holiday, Bayahibe's IBEROSTAR Hacienda Dominicus in Family, IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada by Puerto Plata in Couples, and IBEROSTAR Bavaro as the Country's No. 1 property.
- The Crystal Apple Award was bestowed to Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro for its service.
- The European Foundation for Environmental Education granted the Blue Flag Award to Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort for its sustainable development.
2012 – Popular Perks:
- TripAdvisor's Travelers' Choice Award honored PUNTACANA Resort & Club's Tortuga Bay as the top hotel in Dominican Republic and No. 3 in the Caribbean.
- Travel + Leisure World's Best Values list included Sanctuary Cap Cana as No. 4 in "The Caribbean, Bermuda, and the Bahamas" category.
- Andrew Harper's Reader's Choice Awards named La Romana's Casa De Campo as one of the Top 20 Family Resorts and one of the Top 20 Golf Resorts.
- Latin Trade magazine named InterContinental V Centenario Hotel in Santo Domingo as the city's best business hotel.
- Hideaway Report readers recognized Casa de Campo as one of the World's Top 20 Family and Golf Resorts.
- TripAdvisor's travel community ranked Punta Cana as a Top 10 Most Romantic Destination.
- A National Geographic cover story featured Samana's roads in the world's most scenic drives.
- ShermansTravel.com named Dream's Punta Cana Resort & Spa the third best all-inclusive resort in the Caribbean and Mexico.
- Expedia.com's "Insiders' Selects" list honored three Dominican hotels: Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus, Catalonia Royal Bavaro and Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro.
2012 – Smooth Sailing & Good Golfing:
- Cruise Insight magazine awarded La Romana cruise port with five accolades, including: "best cruise ship destination port."
- Celebrated Living's list of the World's Top 20 Golf Courses ranked La Cana Golf Course at PUNTACANA Resort & Club No. 20.
- GolfWeek included six Dominican golf courses in its "2012 Best Courses of the Caribbean and Mexico": Teeth of the Dog and Dye Fore at Casa de Campo, Playa Grande, La Romana Country Club, Corales at PUNTACANA Resort & Club, and #1 Punta Espada at Cap Cana.
- World Travel Awards named Casa de Campo the Caribbean's leading golf resort in 2012.
Dominican Republic's first tourist was Christopher Columbus in 1492. Rich in history, Dominican Republic has developed into a diverse destination offering both Dominican and European flavors to approximately five million global visitors in 2012. Named #1 Golf Destination in Caribbean & Latin America by the International Association of Golf Tour Operators, Dominican Republic boasts 28 designer golf courses, upscale resorts, pristine nature and sophisticated cities and quaint villages filled with warm Dominican people. Dominican Republic features the best beaches, fascinating history and culture, and is a chosen escape for celebrities, couples and families alike. Visit Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism's official website at: www.GoDominicanRepublic.com.
SOURCE Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 26, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,903
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 26, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,013
Kubernetes, Docker and containers are changing the world, and how companies are deploying their software and running their infrastructure. With the shift in how applications are built and deployed, new challenges must be solved. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, will discuss the implications of containerized applications/infrastructures and their impact on the enterprise. In a real world example based on Kubernetes, he will show how to ...
Aug. 26, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,400
Personalization has long been the holy grail of marketing. Simply stated, communicate the most relevant offer to the right person and you will increase sales. To achieve this, you must understand the individual. Consequently, digital marketers developed many ways to gather and leverage customer information to deliver targeted experiences. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lou Casal, Founder and Principal Consultant at Practicala, discussed how the Internet of Things (IoT) has accelerated our abil...
Aug. 26, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,943
With so much going on in this space you could be forgiven for thinking you were always working with yesterday’s technologies. So much change, so quickly. What do you do if you have to build a solution from the ground up that is expected to live in the field for at least 5-10 years? This is the challenge we faced when we looked to refresh our existing 10-year-old custom hardware stack to measure the fullness of trash cans and compactors.
Aug. 26, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,663
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Aug. 26, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,011
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions wi...
Aug. 26, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,951
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 26, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,257
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Aug. 26, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,899
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Aug. 25, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,285
Aspose.Total for .NET is the most complete package of all file format APIs for .NET as offered by Aspose. It empowers developers to create, edit, render, print and convert between a wide range of popular document formats within any .NET, C#, ASP.NET and VB.NET applications. Aspose compiles all .NET APIs on a daily basis to ensure that it contains the most up to date versions of each of Aspose .NET APIs. If a new .NET API or a new version of existing APIs is released during the subscription peri...
Aug. 25, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,871
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 25, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,717
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Aug. 25, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,203
Qosmos has announced new milestones in the detection of encrypted traffic and in protocol signature coverage. Qosmos latest software can accurately classify traffic encrypted with SSL/TLS (e.g., Google, Facebook, WhatsApp), P2P traffic (e.g., BitTorrent, MuTorrent, Vuze), and Skype, while preserving the privacy of communication content. These new classification techniques mean that traffic optimization, policy enforcement, and user experience are largely unaffected by encryption. In respect wit...
Aug. 25, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,700
Using new techniques of information modeling, indexing, and processing, new cloud-based systems can support cloud-based workloads previously not possible for high-throughput insurance, banking, and case-based applications. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, John Newton, CTO, Founder and Chairman of Alfresco, described how to scale cloud-based content management repositories to store, manage, and retrieve billions of documents and related information with fast and linear scalability. He addres...
Aug. 25, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,941