|By Marketwired .||
|January 18, 2013 05:16 PM EST||
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/18/13 -- Rocket Fuel, the leading provider of artificial intelligence advertising solutions for digital marketers, announced today it achieved record revenue of $107 million and more than doubled its staff in 2012. The company's annual revenue increased by 138%, and Rocket Fuel had its strongest year of client additions and employee headcount since inception.
Programmatic buying -- the ability to bid on an advertising inventory source, in real time, for the opportunity to show one specific ad to one consumer in one specific context, continues to gain momentum. Research firm IDC has projected that programmatic buying will grow at 53% per year between 2011 and 2016, and will account for 58% of indirect display ad sales and 20% of all display advertising. Furthermore, IDC cites programmatic buying as the fastest growing sector in digital advertising, eclipsing mobile, video, and social advertising spending. eMarketer, Parks Associates, and Forrester have all published independent analysis that confirms the growth and impact of programmatic buying across the digital advertising ecosystem.
2012 Rocket Fuel Highlights:
- Revenue: Revenue grew from $45M to $107M with growth from new customers in new markets as well as repeat customers shifting more budget to Rocket Fuel.
- Advertisers: The number of new advertisers with Rocket Fuel increased 93% in 2012 over 2011, significantly improving the company's market share.
- Technology: Achievements in its programmatic buying solution:
- The artificial intelligence technology platform now simultaneously addresses 26.237 billion daily real-time-biddable (RTB) impressions across display, video, mobile, and Facebook advertising inventory
- Full RTB integration with Facebook's Advertising Exchange (FBX)
- 8,424 CPU cores across five worldwide datacenters
- People Growth: Total staff increased 126% from 128 employees at year-end in 2011, to 289 employees at year-end in 2012; leadership was further strengthened with the addition of six new executives: Eric Porres as CMO; Scott Spaulding as Vice President of East Coast Sales; Oliver Hülse as General Manager of Germany; Aaron Kaliner as Vice President of Enterprise Sales; JoAnn Covington as General Counsel; and Derek Sidebottom as Vice President of People. Ron Codd, PeopleSoft's former CFO, joined Rocket Fuel's board of directors.
- Worldwide Growth: Rocket Fuel opened six additional offices, further solidifying its global presence with new offices in Amsterdam, Atlanta, Hamburg, Raleigh-Durham, Toronto, Washington DC. It now has offices in 15 cities worldwide. Rocket Fuel also entered the emerging Japanese programmatic-buying market, aligning with Japan's largest digital marketing company, cyber communications inc. (cci), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dentsu. Under the terms of the strategic alliance, cci runs its digital ad-management service, "PerformanceX Management," on top of Rocket Fuel's platform, offering full-service brand and direct response campaigns to clients.
- Funding: A $50 million Series C-1 investment, led by Northgate Capital, with additional investment from Cross Creek Capital, Mohr Davidow Ventures, Nokia Growth Capital, Summit Partners, and Comerica. Karey Barker from Cross Creek Capital and Greg S. Goldfarb from Summit Partners joined as board observers.
- Recognition: The company received 11 different industry awards, including Forbes' Most Promising Companies in America (ranked #22), the AlwaysOn Global 250 (2 consecutive years) and OnMedia 100 (3 consecutive years), JMP Securities' Hot 100 Software Companies, and was named one of Bay Area's Top Workplaces in 2012 according to Workplace Dynamics.
"When we started Rocket Fuel in 2008, we believed that marketers and agency media teams would want smart robots buying and optimizing online ad space for them. It has been a true privilege to work with our investors and our employees to make this vision a reality," said George John, CEO of Rocket Fuel. "Since founding the company, all trends have gone in our favor:
- marketers became more serious about delivering quantifiable results through digital advertising,
- the supply of digital ad space has become increasingly abundant, liquid, and purchasable programmatically,
- consumers have accelerated their ecommerce activity and time spent with digital media, across social sites, video, and through mobile devices,
- computational power has become increasingly inexpensive while software for managing big data has become increasingly robust.
Broadly, the prospects for artificial intelligence and robotics have become more evident over time -- such as Watson winning Jeopardy®, the Curiosity rover landing itself on Mars, and self-driving cars becoming abundant. It's an incredibly exciting time to be part of the advertising economy, with a $500Bn global advertising market that has made itself increasingly available to Rocket Fuel's programmatic buying platform, such as Facebook's creation of its exchange."
About Rocket Fuel Inc.:
Rocket Fuel is the leading provider of artificial intelligence advertising solutions that transform digital media campaigns into self-optimizing engines that learn and adapt in real-time, and deliver outstanding results from awareness to sales. Awarded #22 on the Forbes Most Promising Companies in America list, over 700 of the world's most successful marketers trust Rocket Fuel to power their advertising across display, video, mobile, and social media. Founded by online advertising veterans and rocket scientists from NASA, DoubleClick, IBM, and Salesforce.com, Rocket Fuel is based in Redwood Shores, California, and has offices in 15 cities worldwide including New York, London, Toronto, and Hamburg.
Whether they’re located in a public, private, or hybrid cloud environment, cloud technologies are constantly evolving. While the innovation is exciting, the end mission of delivering business value and rapidly producing incremental product features is paramount. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Kiran Chitturi, CTO Architect at Sungard AS, will discuss DevOps culture, its evolution of frameworks and technologies, and how it is achieving maturity. He will also cover various st...
Oct. 1, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,041
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,320
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,733
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, will discuss how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your ...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,307
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Oct. 1, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 610
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Oct. 1, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,199
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Oct. 1, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,765
In his General Session at DevOps Summit, Asaf Yigal, Co-Founder & VP of Product at Logz.io, will explore the value of Kibana 4 for log analysis and will give a real live, hands-on tutorial on how to set up Kibana 4 and get the most out of Apache log files. He will examine three use cases: IT operations, business intelligence, and security and compliance. This is a hands-on session that will require participants to bring their own laptops, and we will provide the rest.
Oct. 1, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,535
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Oct. 1, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,070
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Oct. 1, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 872
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Oct. 1, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,193
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,277
Adobe is changing the world though digital experiences. Adobe helps customers develop and deliver high-impact experiences that differentiate brands, build loyalty, and drive revenue across every screen, including smartphones, computers, tablets and TVs. Adobe content solutions are used daily by millions of companies worldwide-from publishers and broadcasters, to enterprises, marketing agencies and household-name brands. Building on its established design leadership, Adobe enables customers not o...
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 659
SYS-CON Events announced today the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp, being held November 1-2, 2016, in conjunction with 19th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but with hands-on demos and detailed walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of real world use cases prototyped using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark, and Intel Edison. Y...
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,130