|By Marketwired .||
|January 18, 2013 05:16 PM EST||
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/18/13 -- Rocket Fuel, the leading provider of artificial intelligence advertising solutions for digital marketers, announced today it achieved record revenue of $107 million and more than doubled its staff in 2012. The company's annual revenue increased by 138%, and Rocket Fuel had its strongest year of client additions and employee headcount since inception.
Programmatic buying -- the ability to bid on an advertising inventory source, in real time, for the opportunity to show one specific ad to one consumer in one specific context, continues to gain momentum. Research firm IDC has projected that programmatic buying will grow at 53% per year between 2011 and 2016, and will account for 58% of indirect display ad sales and 20% of all display advertising. Furthermore, IDC cites programmatic buying as the fastest growing sector in digital advertising, eclipsing mobile, video, and social advertising spending. eMarketer, Parks Associates, and Forrester have all published independent analysis that confirms the growth and impact of programmatic buying across the digital advertising ecosystem.
2012 Rocket Fuel Highlights:
- Revenue: Revenue grew from $45M to $107M with growth from new customers in new markets as well as repeat customers shifting more budget to Rocket Fuel.
- Advertisers: The number of new advertisers with Rocket Fuel increased 93% in 2012 over 2011, significantly improving the company's market share.
- Technology: Achievements in its programmatic buying solution:
- The artificial intelligence technology platform now simultaneously addresses 26.237 billion daily real-time-biddable (RTB) impressions across display, video, mobile, and Facebook advertising inventory
- Full RTB integration with Facebook's Advertising Exchange (FBX)
- 8,424 CPU cores across five worldwide datacenters
- People Growth: Total staff increased 126% from 128 employees at year-end in 2011, to 289 employees at year-end in 2012; leadership was further strengthened with the addition of six new executives: Eric Porres as CMO; Scott Spaulding as Vice President of East Coast Sales; Oliver Hülse as General Manager of Germany; Aaron Kaliner as Vice President of Enterprise Sales; JoAnn Covington as General Counsel; and Derek Sidebottom as Vice President of People. Ron Codd, PeopleSoft's former CFO, joined Rocket Fuel's board of directors.
- Worldwide Growth: Rocket Fuel opened six additional offices, further solidifying its global presence with new offices in Amsterdam, Atlanta, Hamburg, Raleigh-Durham, Toronto, Washington DC. It now has offices in 15 cities worldwide. Rocket Fuel also entered the emerging Japanese programmatic-buying market, aligning with Japan's largest digital marketing company, cyber communications inc. (cci), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dentsu. Under the terms of the strategic alliance, cci runs its digital ad-management service, "PerformanceX Management," on top of Rocket Fuel's platform, offering full-service brand and direct response campaigns to clients.
- Funding: A $50 million Series C-1 investment, led by Northgate Capital, with additional investment from Cross Creek Capital, Mohr Davidow Ventures, Nokia Growth Capital, Summit Partners, and Comerica. Karey Barker from Cross Creek Capital and Greg S. Goldfarb from Summit Partners joined as board observers.
- Recognition: The company received 11 different industry awards, including Forbes' Most Promising Companies in America (ranked #22), the AlwaysOn Global 250 (2 consecutive years) and OnMedia 100 (3 consecutive years), JMP Securities' Hot 100 Software Companies, and was named one of Bay Area's Top Workplaces in 2012 according to Workplace Dynamics.
"When we started Rocket Fuel in 2008, we believed that marketers and agency media teams would want smart robots buying and optimizing online ad space for them. It has been a true privilege to work with our investors and our employees to make this vision a reality," said George John, CEO of Rocket Fuel. "Since founding the company, all trends have gone in our favor:
- marketers became more serious about delivering quantifiable results through digital advertising,
- the supply of digital ad space has become increasingly abundant, liquid, and purchasable programmatically,
- consumers have accelerated their ecommerce activity and time spent with digital media, across social sites, video, and through mobile devices,
- computational power has become increasingly inexpensive while software for managing big data has become increasingly robust.
Broadly, the prospects for artificial intelligence and robotics have become more evident over time -- such as Watson winning Jeopardy®, the Curiosity rover landing itself on Mars, and self-driving cars becoming abundant. It's an incredibly exciting time to be part of the advertising economy, with a $500Bn global advertising market that has made itself increasingly available to Rocket Fuel's programmatic buying platform, such as Facebook's creation of its exchange."
About Rocket Fuel Inc.:
Rocket Fuel is the leading provider of artificial intelligence advertising solutions that transform digital media campaigns into self-optimizing engines that learn and adapt in real-time, and deliver outstanding results from awareness to sales. Awarded #22 on the Forbes Most Promising Companies in America list, over 700 of the world's most successful marketers trust Rocket Fuel to power their advertising across display, video, mobile, and social media. Founded by online advertising veterans and rocket scientists from NASA, DoubleClick, IBM, and Salesforce.com, Rocket Fuel is based in Redwood Shores, California, and has offices in 15 cities worldwide including New York, London, Toronto, and Hamburg.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at DevOps Summit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, cutting-edge enterprise web applications for desktop and mobile. SmartClient combines the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software with the simp...
Aug. 29, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,393
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Aug. 29, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,198
With so much going on in this space you could be forgiven for thinking you were always working with yesterday’s technologies. So much change, so quickly. What do you do if you have to build a solution from the ground up that is expected to live in the field for at least 5-10 years? This is the challenge we faced when we looked to refresh our existing 10-year-old custom hardware stack to measure the fullness of trash cans and compactors.
Aug. 29, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,817
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions wi...
Aug. 29, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,174
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Aug. 29, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,008
With over 720 million Internet users and 40–50% CAGR, the Chinese Cloud Computing market has been booming. When talking about cloud computing, what are the Chinese users of cloud thinking about? What is the most powerful force that can push them to make the buying decision? How to tap into them? In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yu Hao, CEO and co-founder of SpeedyCloud, answered these questions and discussed the results of SpeedyCloud’s survey.
Aug. 29, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,222
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 29, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,889
Actian Corporation has announced the latest version of the Actian Vector in Hadoop (VectorH) database, generally available at the end of July. VectorH is based on the same query engine that powers Actian Vector, which recently doubled the TPC-H benchmark record for non-clustered systems at the 3000GB scale factor (see tpc.org/3323). The ability to easily ingest information from different data sources and rapidly develop queries to make better business decisions is becoming increasingly importan...
Aug. 28, 2016 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,150
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 28, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,060
Qosmos has announced new milestones in the detection of encrypted traffic and in protocol signature coverage. Qosmos latest software can accurately classify traffic encrypted with SSL/TLS (e.g., Google, Facebook, WhatsApp), P2P traffic (e.g., BitTorrent, MuTorrent, Vuze), and Skype, while preserving the privacy of communication content. These new classification techniques mean that traffic optimization, policy enforcement, and user experience are largely unaffected by encryption. In respect wit...
Aug. 28, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,844
Deploying applications in hybrid cloud environments is hard work. Your team spends most of the time maintaining your infrastructure, configuring dev/test and production environments, and deploying applications across environments – which can be both time consuming and error prone. But what if you could automate provisioning and deployment to deliver error free environments faster? What could you do with your free time?
Aug. 28, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,957
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitrons Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Hitrons Solutions Inc. is distributor in the North American market for unique products and services of small and medium-size businesses, including cloud services and solutions, SEO marketing platforms, and mobile applications.
Aug. 28, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 714
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 28, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,635
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Aug. 28, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,948
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, a leading provider of middleware modernization, integration, and management solutions, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Aug. 28, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 786