|By Marketwired .||
|January 18, 2013 05:16 PM EST||
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/18/13 -- Rocket Fuel, the leading provider of artificial intelligence advertising solutions for digital marketers, announced today it achieved record revenue of $107 million and more than doubled its staff in 2012. The company's annual revenue increased by 138%, and Rocket Fuel had its strongest year of client additions and employee headcount since inception.
Programmatic buying -- the ability to bid on an advertising inventory source, in real time, for the opportunity to show one specific ad to one consumer in one specific context, continues to gain momentum. Research firm IDC has projected that programmatic buying will grow at 53% per year between 2011 and 2016, and will account for 58% of indirect display ad sales and 20% of all display advertising. Furthermore, IDC cites programmatic buying as the fastest growing sector in digital advertising, eclipsing mobile, video, and social advertising spending. eMarketer, Parks Associates, and Forrester have all published independent analysis that confirms the growth and impact of programmatic buying across the digital advertising ecosystem.
2012 Rocket Fuel Highlights:
- Revenue: Revenue grew from $45M to $107M with growth from new customers in new markets as well as repeat customers shifting more budget to Rocket Fuel.
- Advertisers: The number of new advertisers with Rocket Fuel increased 93% in 2012 over 2011, significantly improving the company's market share.
- Technology: Achievements in its programmatic buying solution:
- The artificial intelligence technology platform now simultaneously addresses 26.237 billion daily real-time-biddable (RTB) impressions across display, video, mobile, and Facebook advertising inventory
- Full RTB integration with Facebook's Advertising Exchange (FBX)
- 8,424 CPU cores across five worldwide datacenters
- People Growth: Total staff increased 126% from 128 employees at year-end in 2011, to 289 employees at year-end in 2012; leadership was further strengthened with the addition of six new executives: Eric Porres as CMO; Scott Spaulding as Vice President of East Coast Sales; Oliver Hülse as General Manager of Germany; Aaron Kaliner as Vice President of Enterprise Sales; JoAnn Covington as General Counsel; and Derek Sidebottom as Vice President of People. Ron Codd, PeopleSoft's former CFO, joined Rocket Fuel's board of directors.
- Worldwide Growth: Rocket Fuel opened six additional offices, further solidifying its global presence with new offices in Amsterdam, Atlanta, Hamburg, Raleigh-Durham, Toronto, Washington DC. It now has offices in 15 cities worldwide. Rocket Fuel also entered the emerging Japanese programmatic-buying market, aligning with Japan's largest digital marketing company, cyber communications inc. (cci), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dentsu. Under the terms of the strategic alliance, cci runs its digital ad-management service, "PerformanceX Management," on top of Rocket Fuel's platform, offering full-service brand and direct response campaigns to clients.
- Funding: A $50 million Series C-1 investment, led by Northgate Capital, with additional investment from Cross Creek Capital, Mohr Davidow Ventures, Nokia Growth Capital, Summit Partners, and Comerica. Karey Barker from Cross Creek Capital and Greg S. Goldfarb from Summit Partners joined as board observers.
- Recognition: The company received 11 different industry awards, including Forbes' Most Promising Companies in America (ranked #22), the AlwaysOn Global 250 (2 consecutive years) and OnMedia 100 (3 consecutive years), JMP Securities' Hot 100 Software Companies, and was named one of Bay Area's Top Workplaces in 2012 according to Workplace Dynamics.
"When we started Rocket Fuel in 2008, we believed that marketers and agency media teams would want smart robots buying and optimizing online ad space for them. It has been a true privilege to work with our investors and our employees to make this vision a reality," said George John, CEO of Rocket Fuel. "Since founding the company, all trends have gone in our favor:
- marketers became more serious about delivering quantifiable results through digital advertising,
- the supply of digital ad space has become increasingly abundant, liquid, and purchasable programmatically,
- consumers have accelerated their ecommerce activity and time spent with digital media, across social sites, video, and through mobile devices,
- computational power has become increasingly inexpensive while software for managing big data has become increasingly robust.
Broadly, the prospects for artificial intelligence and robotics have become more evident over time -- such as Watson winning Jeopardy®, the Curiosity rover landing itself on Mars, and self-driving cars becoming abundant. It's an incredibly exciting time to be part of the advertising economy, with a $500Bn global advertising market that has made itself increasingly available to Rocket Fuel's programmatic buying platform, such as Facebook's creation of its exchange."
About Rocket Fuel Inc.:
Rocket Fuel is the leading provider of artificial intelligence advertising solutions that transform digital media campaigns into self-optimizing engines that learn and adapt in real-time, and deliver outstanding results from awareness to sales. Awarded #22 on the Forbes Most Promising Companies in America list, over 700 of the world's most successful marketers trust Rocket Fuel to power their advertising across display, video, mobile, and social media. Founded by online advertising veterans and rocket scientists from NASA, DoubleClick, IBM, and Salesforce.com, Rocket Fuel is based in Redwood Shores, California, and has offices in 15 cities worldwide including New York, London, Toronto, and Hamburg.
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Oct. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,198
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 9,042
Rapid innovation, changing business landscapes, and new IT demands force businesses to make changes quickly. In the eyes of many, containers are at the brink of becoming a pervasive technology in enterprise IT to accelerate application delivery. In this presentation, you'll learn about the: The transformation of IT to a DevOps, microservices, and container-based architecture What are containers and how DevOps practices can operate in a container-based environment A demonstration of how Docke...
Oct. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,667
Enterprises have been using both Big Data and virtualization for years. Until recently, however, most enterprises have not combined the two. Big Data's demands for higher levels of performance, the ability to control quality-of-service (QoS), and the ability to adhere to SLAs have kept it on bare metal, apart from the modern data center cloud. With recent technology innovations, we've seen the advantages of bare metal erode to such a degree that the enhanced flexibility and reduced costs that ...
Oct. 26, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 334
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Oct. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,820
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Oct. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,115
Governments around the world are adopting Safe Harbor privacy provisions to protect customer data from leaving sovereign territories. Increasingly, global companies are required to create new instances of their server clusters in multiple countries to keep abreast of these new Safe Harbor laws. Is it worth it? In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Adam Rogers, Managing Director of Anexia, Inc., will discuss how to keep your data legal and still stay in business.
Oct. 26, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,510
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftNet Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftNet Solutions specializes in Enterprise Solutions for Hadoop and Big Data. It offers customers the most open, robust, and value-conscious portfolio of solutions, services, and tools for the shortest route to success with Big Data. The unique differentiator is the ability to architect and ...
Oct. 26, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,078
In the 21st century, security on the Internet has become one of the most important issues. We hear more and more about cyber-attacks on the websites of large corporations, banks and even small businesses. When online we’re concerned not only for our own safety but also our privacy. We have to know that hackers usually start their preparation by investigating the private information of admins – the habits, interests, visited websites and so on. On the other hand, our own security is in danger bec...
Oct. 26, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 350
Successful transition from traditional IT to cloud computing requires three key ingredients: an IT architecture that allows companies to extend their internal best practices to the cloud, a cost point that allows economies of scale, and automated processes that manage risk exposure and maintain regulatory compliance with industry regulations (FFIEC, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, FISMA). The unique combination of VMware, the IBM Cloud, and Cloud Raxak, a 2016 Gartner Cool Vendor in IT Automation, provides a co...
Oct. 26, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,290
SYS-CON Events announced today that Embotics, the cloud automation company, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Embotics is the cloud automation company for IT organizations and service providers that need to improve provisioning or enable self-service capabilities. With a relentless focus on delivering a premier user experience and unmatched customer support, Embotics is the fas...
Oct. 26, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,000
SYS-CON Events announced today that MathFreeOn will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MathFreeOn is Software as a Service (SaaS) used in Engineering and Math education. Write scripts and solve math problems online. MathFreeOn provides online courses for beginners or amateurs who have difficulties in writing scripts. In accordance with various mathematical topics, there are more tha...
Oct. 26, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,109
SYS-CON Events announced today that Niagara Networks will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Oct. 26, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,407
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 26, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,017
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 8,567