|By PR Newswire||
|January 21, 2013 02:50 AM EST||
- Awardees recognised for delivering excellence and demonstrating industry best practices
LONDON, Jan. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In recognition of the best and brightest in European industry, Frost & Sullivan granted prestigious Frost & Sullivan Excellence Awards at a glittering ceremony on the 5th of December held in London, England.
The awards, based on Frost & Sullivan's unique TEAM Research™ methodology, highlight the achievements of companies, big or small, who innovate, differentiate and delight their customers, while delivering excellence and best practices in their respective industries.
Speaking on the occasion, Gary Jeffery, Partner and UK Operations Director at Frost & Sullivan, noted, "The companies that received awards have shown innovation, competitiveness and leadership in meeting the particular demands of doing business in the current economic climate. The products and services that we recognise should be applauded as examples of how to effectively optimise strategies, performance and processes."
A total of 30 awards were presented across a variety of industries including healthcare, chemicals, materials and foods, information communication technologies, industrial automation and process control and measurement and instrumentation.
Awardees were lauded for exceptional growth and market strategies, product development abilities, competitive advancement skills, technology innovation and dedicated customer focus.
Additionally, at the Frost & Sullivan Excellence Awards ceremony, Partner and Business Unit Leader of Visionary Innovation Research Group, Sarwant Singh, presented his book, "New Mega Trends." He walked the audience through key macro economic forces such as urbanization, new business models, connectivity and convergence with their implications on personal lives, business and markets in the future. He noted, "New Mega Trends, with its micro implications, will affect all players across the entire value chain. We have trends like urbanization, connectivity and convergence that will drive innovation and growth for all companies and define technology and product planning strategies in the future. Companies will need to do this Macro to Micro exercise to analyse the unmet needs of the future customer and capitalize on future white space opportunities."
The findings of the Visionary Innovation Research group have been published recently in "New Mega Trends," which was published by Palgrave Macmillian and can be purchased at this link:
The following is a complete list of award recipients:
- InterSystems Corporation - 2012 European Integrated Connected Health Technologies Company of the Year Award
- Eppendorf - 2012 European PCR Instrumentation Green Excellence Award
- Acibadem Mobile Health Services (AMHS) - 2012 Pan European Mobile Healthcare Services Growth Leadership Award
- Alexza Pharmaceuticals, Inc. - 2012 Global Bipolar Disorder Therapeutics Enabling Technology Award
- Attends Healthcare Group -2012 European Incontinence Care Green Excellence Award
- Zealand Pharma - 2012 Global Therapeutic Peptides for Diabetes New Product Innovation Award
- GAT Food Essentials - 2012 European Food Encapsulation Technology Leadership Award
- CREMER OLEO GmbH & Co. KG - 2012 European Fatty Acid Ester Derivatives Product Line Strategy Award
- Shell - 2012 European Automotive Lubricants Customer Value Enhancement Award
- Ashland Industries Europe - 2012 European Municipal & Industrial Wastewater Treatment Chemicals Customer Value Enhancement Award
- Fleetlogic BV - 2012 European Light Commercial Vehicle Telematics Customer Service Leadership Award
- Alstom Grid - 2012 European VSC HVDC Transmission Technology Innovation Award
- Moventas Gears Oy - 2012 European Gearbox Services Customer Value Enhancement Award
- WEG Electric Motors - 2012 European Electric Motors for Water & Waste Water Customer Value Enhancement Award
- Vacon Plc - 2012 European Low Voltage (LV) Alternating Current (AC) Electric Drives Product Line Strategy Award
- Wärtsilä Corporation - 2012 European Electric Drives for Marine Industry Customer Value Enhancement Award
- HYPE Innovation - 2012 European End to End Innovation Management Solution New Product Innovation Award
- Teleperformance - 2012 EMEA Contact Centre Outsourcing Customer Value Enhancement Award
- Webtrekk GmbH - 2012 Global Real-time Analytics Technology Innovation Award
- Polystar - 2012 Global Customer Value Enhancement Award in Customer Experience Management (CEM)
- Trescal - 2012 European Calibration Services Market Penetration Leadership Award
- BitBang - 2012 Global Site+Social Analytics Technology Innovation Award
- Aquaporin A/S - 2012 European Biomimetic Membranes for Water Filtration Technology Innovation Award
- REFUsol - 2012 European Solar Inverters Growth Leadership Award
- Baumer Group - 2012 European Light Barriers New Product Innovation Award
- Enecsys LLC - 2012 European Solar Inverters New Product Innovation Award
- PowerCell Sweden AB - 2012 European Technology Innovation Award in Fuel Cell for Auxiliary Power Unit
- Stulz GmbH - 2012 European Precision Air Conditioning Systems (PACS) Product Leadership Award
- BAE Systems Detica - 2012 Global Managed Security Services Customer Value Enhancement Award
- Atos - 2012 Global Innovating to Zero Visionary Innovation Award
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organisation prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega
Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Frost & Sullivan
Donna Yasay, President of HomeGrid Forum, today discussed with a panel of technology peers how certification programs are at the forefront of interoperability, and the answer for vendors looking to keep up with today's growing industry for smart home innovation. "To ensure multi-vendor interoperability, accredited industry certification programs should be used for every product to provide credibility and quality assurance for retail and carrier based customers looking to add ever increasing num...
Oct. 21, 2016 09:00 AM EDT
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and ...
Oct. 21, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,344
Today every business relies on software to drive the innovation necessary for a competitive edge in the Application Economy. This is why collaboration between development and operations, or DevOps, has become IT’s number one priority. Whether you are in Dev or Ops, understanding how to implement a DevOps strategy can deliver faster development cycles, improved software quality, reduced deployment times and overall better experiences for your customers.
Oct. 21, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 358
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the...
Oct. 21, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 11,075
Apache Hadoop is a key technology for gaining business insights from your Big Data, but the penetration into enterprises is shockingly low. In fact, Apache Hadoop and Big Data proponents recognize that this technology has not yet achieved its game-changing business potential. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, John Mertic, director of program management for ODPi at The Linux Foundation, will explain why this is, how we can work together as an open data community to increase adoption, and the i...
Oct. 21, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,831
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to impr...
Oct. 21, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,560
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Oct. 21, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,721
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of So...
Oct. 21, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,050
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Oct. 21, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,008
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 21, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 864
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Oct. 21, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,271
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, the leading provider of modern development tools and best practices for Continuous Integration on OpenVMS, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware products and development tools that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Oct. 21, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,373
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Oct. 21, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,783
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will discuss how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Oct. 21, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 465
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their backend AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT - especially in the connected home and office. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Kocher, founder and managing director of Grey Heron, explained how Amazon is extending its reach to become a major force in IoT by building on its dominant cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strat...
Oct. 21, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,627