|By PR Newswire||
|January 21, 2013 02:51 AM EST||
LONDON, Jan. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In recognition of the best and brightest in European industry, Frost & Sullivan granted prestigious Frost & Sullivan Excellence Awards at a glittering ceremony on the 5th of December held in London, England.
The awards, based on Frost & Sullivan's unique TEAM Research™ methodology, highlight the achievements of companies, big or small, who innovate, differentiate and delight their customers, while delivering excellence and best practices in their respective industries.
Speaking on the occasion, Gary Jeffery, Partner and UK Operations Director at Frost & Sullivan, noted, "The companies that received awards have shown innovation, competitiveness and leadership in meeting the particular demands of doing business in the current economic climate. The products and services that we recognise should be applauded as examples of how to effectively optimise strategies, performance and processes."
A total of 30 awards were presented across a variety of industries including healthcare, chemicals, materials and foods, information communication technologies, industrial automation and process control and measurement and instrumentation.
Awardees were lauded for exceptional growth and market strategies, product development abilities, competitive advancement skills, technology innovation and dedicated customer focus.
Additionally, at the Frost & Sullivan Excellence Awards ceremony, Partner and Business Unit Leader of Visionary Innovation Research Group, Sarwant Singh, presented his book, "New Mega Trends." He walked the audience through key macro economic forces such as urbanization, new business models, connectivity and convergence with their implications on personal lives, business and markets in the future. He noted, "New Mega Trends, with its micro implications, will affect all players across the entire value chain. We have trends like urbanization, connectivity and convergence that will drive innovation and growth for all companies and define technology and product planning strategies in the future. Companies will need to do this Macro to Micro exercise to analyse the unmet needs of the future customer and capitalize on future white space opportunities."
The findings of the Visionary Innovation Research group have been published recently in "New Mega Trends," which was published by Palgrave Macmillian and can be purchased at this link:
The following is a complete list of award recipients:
- InterSystems Corporation - 2012 European Integrated Connected Health Technologies Company of the Year Award
- Eppendorf - 2012 European PCR Instrumentation Green Excellence Award
- Acibadem Mobile Health Services (AMHS) - 2012 Pan European Mobile Healthcare Services Growth Leadership Award
- Alexza Pharmaceuticals, Inc. - 2012 Global Bipolar Disorder Therapeutics Enabling Technology Award
- Attends Healthcare Group -2012 European Incontinence Care Green Excellence Award
- Zealand Pharma - 2012 Global Therapeutic Peptides for Diabetes New Product Innovation Award
- GAT Food Essentials - 2012 European Food Encapsulation Technology Leadership Award
- CREMER OLEO GmbH & Co. KG - 2012 European Fatty Acid Ester Derivatives Product Line Strategy Award
- Shell - 2012 European Automotive Lubricants Customer Value Enhancement Award
- Ashland Industries Europe - 2012 European Municipal & Industrial Wastewater Treatment Chemicals Customer Value Enhancement Award
- Fleetlogic BV - 2012 European Light Commercial Vehicle Telematics Customer Service Leadership Award
- Alstom Grid - 2012 European VSC HVDC Transmission Technology Innovation Award
- Moventas Gears Oy - 2012 European Gearbox Services Customer Value Enhancement Award
- WEG Electric Motors - 2012 European Electric Motors for Water & Waste Water Customer Value Enhancement Award
- Vacon Plc - 2012 European Low Voltage (LV) Alternating Current (AC) Electric Drives Product Line Strategy Award
- Wärtsilä Corporation - 2012 European Electric Drives for Marine Industry Customer Value Enhancement Award
- HYPE Innovation - 2012 European End to End Innovation Management Solution New Product Innovation Award
- Teleperformance - 2012 EMEA Contact Centre Outsourcing Customer Value Enhancement Award
- Webtrekk GmbH - 2012 Global Real-time Analytics Technology Innovation Award
- Polystar - 2012 Global Customer Value Enhancement Award in Customer Experience Management (CEM)
- Trescal - 2012 European Calibration Services Market Penetration Leadership Award
- BitBang - 2012 Global Site+Social Analytics Technology Innovation Award
- Aquaporin A/S - 2012 European Biomimetic Membranes for Water Filtration Technology Innovation Award
- REFUsol - 2012 European Solar Inverters Growth Leadership Award
- Baumer Group - 2012 European Light Barriers New Product Innovation Award
- Enecsys LLC - 2012 European Solar Inverters New Product Innovation Award
- PowerCell Sweden AB - 2012 European Technology Innovation Award in Fuel Cell for Auxiliary Power Unit
- Stulz GmbH - 2012 European Precision Air Conditioning Systems (PACS) Product Leadership Award
- BAE Systems Detica - 2012 Global Managed Security Services Customer Value Enhancement Award
- Atos - 2012 Global Innovating to Zero Visionary Innovation Award
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organisation prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega
Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Frost & Sullivan
P: +44 (0)20 7915 7869
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Aug. 2, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 676
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Aug. 2, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 216
Digital Transformation is the ultimate goal of cloud computing and related initiatives. The phrase is certainly not a precise one, and as subject to hand-waving and distortion as any high-falutin' terminology in the world of information technology. Yet it is an excellent choice of words to describe what enterprise IT—and by extension, organizations in general—should be working to achieve. Digital Transformation means: handling all the data types being found and created in the organizat...
Aug. 2, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,120
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 2, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 505
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Aug. 2, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 416
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Aug. 2, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 543
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Aug. 2, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 245
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Aug. 2, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 342
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 478
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducte...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 353
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, analyzed a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discussed the benefits/challenges of migrating to each offe...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 170
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Aug. 2, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,698
In their session at 17th Cloud Expo, Hal Schwartz, CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), and Chuck Paolillo, CTO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), provide a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. In his role as CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), Hal Schwartz provides leadership and direction for the company.
Aug. 2, 2015 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 181
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Aug. 2, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 179
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 334