|By Business Wire||
|January 22, 2013 09:21 AM EST||
ScaleMP™, a leading provider of virtualization solutions for high-end computing, today announced that 2012 was its record revenue year. The revenue for 2012 was greater than the combined revenue of 2010 and 2011. Growth came from all major geographies (North America; Europe, Middle East, Africa; Asia-Pacific, Japan) ending the year with almost equal revenue split across all major geographies. In addition, the company expanded it services revenues, which now account for 19% of 2012 total revenue.
“2012 was a banner year for ScaleMP. Our product and services revenue grew significantly compared to 2011 and we saw acceptance in all geographies,” stated Shai Fultheim, founder and CEO of ScaleMP. “We have continued to expand our business and have seen a tenfold increase over the past four years. Our installed base now spans across 30 countries and our products are increasingly being accepted in a wide range of industries.”
In 2012, ScaleMP expanded its portfolio of products that allow customers to take advantage of the latest Intel or AMD CPUs to create cost effective symmetric multiprocessors (SMPs). In addition the company expanded product focus to the Big Data problems and is in trials with a few customers.
The current lineup of vSMP Foundation solutions includes:
- vSMP Foundation for Memory Expansion is a cost and performance optimized solution for users seeking to create very large memory VMs from industry standard systems for use in conjunction with Big Data applications. vSMP Foundation for Memory Expansion gives applications the ability to address all of the memory available from multiple servers while running just one instance of the operating system. Terabytes (TB) of memory can be easily accessed from a collection of inexpensive servers.
- vSMP Foundation for SMP allows for compute expansion outside individual servers. By aggregating the resources contained in smaller servers, including CPUs, RAM and I/O, applications can easily be developed or executed which are scalable. Thousands of cores, Terabytes of memory, and petabytes of storage are all easily accessible for any application.
- vSMP Foundation for Cluster simplifies the management of a large number of CPUs. By aggregating the resources from a number of servers running on a single OS, cluster management is reduced to managing a single system, greatly reducing CAPEX.
- vSMP Foundation for Cloud gives data center managers the ability to create a flexible data center that can respond to a wide variety of workloads. As users require large SMPs for their applications to run optimally, data center managers can easily respond by creating virtual SMPs, as needed and return those resources to the cluster later.
- vSMP Foundation for Intel Xeon Phi gives developers the ability to migrate their applications to the Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor. This unique software eases the transition for applications from a simple host based CPU system to one that contains one or more of the Intel Xeon Phi coprocessors, reducing risk.
In addition, 2012 ScaleMP announced its vSMP Foundation 5.0, which included the following new features:
Extended hardware options:
- Support for Intel True Scale HCAs
- Support for newest Broadcom and Emulex 10GigE network adapters
- Processor support for the Intel Xeon processor E5 family and the AMD Opteron 6300–.
- Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor immediate performance gain due to having over 50 cores available running in one instance of the operating system.
- Hosted VM mode
- Ethernet connectivity for Hosted VM mode
- Batched I/O allows for a greater performance for I/O intensive applications
- IBM Platform HPC Integration – vSMP Foundation 5.0 has now been integrated with IBM Platform HPC.
- Actian Corporation uses vSMP Foundation to expand memory footprint available for its Vectorwise – RDMS designed for high performance analytical database applications.
Pricing & Availability
vSMP Foundation 5.0 is offered under the ScaleMP licensing model, so prices start as low as $400 per socket. The per-socket pricing model allows for greater simplicity when it comes to selecting platforms for vSMP Foundation and provides customer peace of mind, focusing on the virtual SMP size and capabilities, rather than on the nodes size and model. Additionally, vSMP Foundation is now available with floating licenses, allowing customers to reuse the same license for future hardware generations. Floating licenses provide the best ROI when it comes to vSMP Foundation licenses. For more information about vSMP Foundation, please visit http://www.ScaleMP.com/products.
About vSMP Foundation
vSMP Foundation aggregates multiple industry-standard, off-the-shelf, x86 servers into a single virtual high-end system. vSMP Foundation provides customers with an alternative to traditional expensive symmetrical multiprocessing (SMP) systems and also offers simplified clustering infrastructure with a single operating system. It supports aggregation of up to 128 servers into a single virtual SMP system, providing customers with:
- Up to 256 TB of shared memory for large memory requirements;
- Up to 32,768 cores virtual SMP, proven scalability and record-breaking memory bandwidth;
- Ease of use and lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) for clusters coupled with simplified storage architecture;
- On-demand SMP with support for most common provisioning systems, allowing for increased datacenter utilization with consolidated architecture;
For more information on vSMP Foundation please visit http://www.scalemp.com/products.
ScaleMP is the leader in virtualization for high-end computing, providing maximum performance and lower total cost of ownership (TCO). The innovative Versatile SMP™ (vSMP) architecture aggregates multiple independent systems into a single virtual system, delivering an industry-standard, high-end symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) computer. Using software to replace custom hardware and components, ScaleMP offers a new, revolutionary computing paradigm. For more information, please call +1 (408) 342-0330 or visit http://www.ScaleMP.com.
vSMP Foundation is a trademark or registered trademark of ScaleMP. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Aug. 26, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 364
As the world moves toward more DevOps and Microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The Microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. Serverless computing is revolutionizing computing. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Raghav...
Aug. 26, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 650
SYS-CON Events announced today Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Aug. 26, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 623
Aspose.Total for .NET is the most complete package of all file format APIs for .NET as offered by Aspose. It empowers developers to create, edit, render, print and convert between a wide range of popular document formats within any .NET, C#, ASP.NET and VB.NET applications. Aspose compiles all .NET APIs on a daily basis to ensure that it contains the most up to date versions of each of Aspose .NET APIs. If a new .NET API or a new version of existing APIs is released during the subscription peri...
Aug. 26, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,912
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Aug. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 661
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 26, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,522
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,294
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,927
StarNet Communications Corp has announced the addition of three Secure Remote Desktop modules to its flagship X-Win32 PC X server. The new modules enable X-Win32 to safely tunnel the remote desktops from Linux and Unix servers to the user’s PC over encrypted SSH. Traditionally, users of PC X servers deploy the XDMCP protocol to display remote desktop environments such as the Gnome and KDE desktops on Linux servers and the CDE environment on Solaris Unix machines. XDMCP is used primarily on comp...
Aug. 26, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 545
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Aug. 26, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 399
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Aug. 26, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,409
Using new techniques of information modeling, indexing, and processing, new cloud-based systems can support cloud-based workloads previously not possible for high-throughput insurance, banking, and case-based applications. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, John Newton, CTO, Founder and Chairman of Alfresco, described how to scale cloud-based content management repositories to store, manage, and retrieve billions of documents and related information with fast and linear scalability. He addres...
Aug. 26, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,970
Fact: storage performance problems have only gotten more complicated, as applications not only have become largely virtualized, but also have moved to cloud-based infrastructures. Storage performance in virtualized environments isn’t just about IOPS anymore. Instead, you need to guarantee performance for individual VMs, helping applications maintain performance as the number of VMs continues to go up in real time. In his session at Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, Product and Marketing at Tintri, wil...
Aug. 26, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 630
Enterprises have forever faced challenges surrounding the sharing of their intellectual property. Emerging cloud adoption has made it more compelling for enterprises to digitize their content, making them available over a wide variety of devices across the Internet. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Santosh Ahuja, Director of Architecture at Impiger Technologies, will introduce various mechanisms provided by cloud service providers today to manage and share digital content in a secure manner....
Aug. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 667
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, a leading provider of middleware modernization, integration, and management solutions, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Aug. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 581