|By Business Wire||
|January 22, 2013 09:21 AM EST||
ScaleMP™, a leading provider of virtualization solutions for high-end computing, today announced that 2012 was its record revenue year. The revenue for 2012 was greater than the combined revenue of 2010 and 2011. Growth came from all major geographies (North America; Europe, Middle East, Africa; Asia-Pacific, Japan) ending the year with almost equal revenue split across all major geographies. In addition, the company expanded it services revenues, which now account for 19% of 2012 total revenue.
“2012 was a banner year for ScaleMP. Our product and services revenue grew significantly compared to 2011 and we saw acceptance in all geographies,” stated Shai Fultheim, founder and CEO of ScaleMP. “We have continued to expand our business and have seen a tenfold increase over the past four years. Our installed base now spans across 30 countries and our products are increasingly being accepted in a wide range of industries.”
In 2012, ScaleMP expanded its portfolio of products that allow customers to take advantage of the latest Intel or AMD CPUs to create cost effective symmetric multiprocessors (SMPs). In addition the company expanded product focus to the Big Data problems and is in trials with a few customers.
The current lineup of vSMP Foundation solutions includes:
- vSMP Foundation for Memory Expansion is a cost and performance optimized solution for users seeking to create very large memory VMs from industry standard systems for use in conjunction with Big Data applications. vSMP Foundation for Memory Expansion gives applications the ability to address all of the memory available from multiple servers while running just one instance of the operating system. Terabytes (TB) of memory can be easily accessed from a collection of inexpensive servers.
- vSMP Foundation for SMP allows for compute expansion outside individual servers. By aggregating the resources contained in smaller servers, including CPUs, RAM and I/O, applications can easily be developed or executed which are scalable. Thousands of cores, Terabytes of memory, and petabytes of storage are all easily accessible for any application.
- vSMP Foundation for Cluster simplifies the management of a large number of CPUs. By aggregating the resources from a number of servers running on a single OS, cluster management is reduced to managing a single system, greatly reducing CAPEX.
- vSMP Foundation for Cloud gives data center managers the ability to create a flexible data center that can respond to a wide variety of workloads. As users require large SMPs for their applications to run optimally, data center managers can easily respond by creating virtual SMPs, as needed and return those resources to the cluster later.
- vSMP Foundation for Intel Xeon Phi gives developers the ability to migrate their applications to the Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor. This unique software eases the transition for applications from a simple host based CPU system to one that contains one or more of the Intel Xeon Phi coprocessors, reducing risk.
In addition, 2012 ScaleMP announced its vSMP Foundation 5.0, which included the following new features:
Extended hardware options:
- Support for Intel True Scale HCAs
- Support for newest Broadcom and Emulex 10GigE network adapters
- Processor support for the Intel Xeon processor E5 family and the AMD Opteron 6300–.
- Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor immediate performance gain due to having over 50 cores available running in one instance of the operating system.
- Hosted VM mode
- Ethernet connectivity for Hosted VM mode
- Batched I/O allows for a greater performance for I/O intensive applications
- IBM Platform HPC Integration – vSMP Foundation 5.0 has now been integrated with IBM Platform HPC.
- Actian Corporation uses vSMP Foundation to expand memory footprint available for its Vectorwise – RDMS designed for high performance analytical database applications.
Pricing & Availability
vSMP Foundation 5.0 is offered under the ScaleMP licensing model, so prices start as low as $400 per socket. The per-socket pricing model allows for greater simplicity when it comes to selecting platforms for vSMP Foundation and provides customer peace of mind, focusing on the virtual SMP size and capabilities, rather than on the nodes size and model. Additionally, vSMP Foundation is now available with floating licenses, allowing customers to reuse the same license for future hardware generations. Floating licenses provide the best ROI when it comes to vSMP Foundation licenses. For more information about vSMP Foundation, please visit http://www.ScaleMP.com/products.
About vSMP Foundation
vSMP Foundation aggregates multiple industry-standard, off-the-shelf, x86 servers into a single virtual high-end system. vSMP Foundation provides customers with an alternative to traditional expensive symmetrical multiprocessing (SMP) systems and also offers simplified clustering infrastructure with a single operating system. It supports aggregation of up to 128 servers into a single virtual SMP system, providing customers with:
- Up to 256 TB of shared memory for large memory requirements;
- Up to 32,768 cores virtual SMP, proven scalability and record-breaking memory bandwidth;
- Ease of use and lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) for clusters coupled with simplified storage architecture;
- On-demand SMP with support for most common provisioning systems, allowing for increased datacenter utilization with consolidated architecture;
For more information on vSMP Foundation please visit http://www.scalemp.com/products.
ScaleMP is the leader in virtualization for high-end computing, providing maximum performance and lower total cost of ownership (TCO). The innovative Versatile SMP™ (vSMP) architecture aggregates multiple independent systems into a single virtual system, delivering an industry-standard, high-end symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) computer. Using software to replace custom hardware and components, ScaleMP offers a new, revolutionary computing paradigm. For more information, please call +1 (408) 342-0330 or visit http://www.ScaleMP.com.
vSMP Foundation is a trademark or registered trademark of ScaleMP. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Adobe, will discuss how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects). Bruce Swann has more than 15 years of experience working with digital marketing disciplines like web analytics, social med...
May. 25, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,096
What a difference a year makes. Organizations aren’t just talking about IoT possibilities, it is now baked into their core business strategy. With IoT, billions of devices generating data from different companies on different networks around the globe need to interact. From efficiency to better customer insights to completely new business models, IoT will turn traditional business models upside down. In the new customer-centric age, the key to success is delivering critical services and apps wit...
May. 24, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 772
The essence of data analysis involves setting up data pipelines that consist of several operations that are chained together – starting from data collection, data quality checks, data integration, data analysis and data visualization (including the setting up of interaction paths in that visualization). In our opinion, the challenges stem from the technology diversity at each stage of the data pipeline as well as the lack of process around the analysis.
May. 24, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,064
Many banks and financial institutions are experimenting with containers in development environments, but when will they move into production? Containers are seen as the key to achieving the ultimate in information technology flexibility and agility. Containers work on both public and private clouds, and make it easy to build and deploy applications. The challenge for regulated industries is the cost and complexity of container security compliance. VM security compliance is already challenging, ...
May. 24, 2016 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 956
As cloud and storage projections continue to rise, the number of organizations moving to the cloud is escalating and it is clear cloud storage is here to stay. However, is it secure? Data is the lifeblood for government entities, countries, cloud service providers and enterprises alike and losing or exposing that data can have disastrous results. There are new concepts for data storage on the horizon that will deliver secure solutions for storing and moving sensitive data around the world. ...
May. 24, 2016 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,008
Designing IoT applications is complex, but deploying them in a scalable fashion is even more complex. A scalable, API first IaaS cloud is a good start, but in order to understand the various components specific to deploying IoT applications, one needs to understand the architecture of these applications and figure out how to scale these components independently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nara Rajagopalan is CEO of Accelerite, will discuss the fundamental architecture of IoT applications, ...
May. 24, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 754
As machines are increasingly connected to the internet, it’s becoming easier to discover the numerous ways Industrial IoT (IIoT) is helping to shape the business world. This is exactly why we have decided to take a closer look at this pervasive movement and to examine the desire to connect more things! Now if you need a refresher on IIoT and how it is changing the world, take a moment and listen to Greg Gorbach with ARC Advisory Group. Gorbach believes, "IIoT will significantly change the worl...
May. 24, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,797
Enterprise networks are complex. Moreover, they were designed and deployed to meet a specific set of business requirements at a specific point in time. But, the adoption of cloud services, new business applications and intensifying security policies, among other factors, require IT organizations to continuously deploy configuration changes. Therefore, enterprises are looking for better ways to automate the management of their networks while still leveraging existing capabilities, optimizing perf...
May. 24, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 954
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York and Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty ...
May. 24, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,651
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit y...
May. 24, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,847
Cloud computing changed data analytics for good. It enabled companies to drastically decrease resources and architecture previously assigned with business intelligence departments. It also enabled laymen to run advanced business analytics. Cloud was also the architecture of choice for storing and processing big data. Data piling is a continuous process, which is going to explode with emerging Internet of Things concept. Answer to this issue developers found in new concept called fog computing. ...
May. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,827
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
May. 24, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,682
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will discuss the vast to...
May. 24, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,355
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu, a leading provider of cloud hosting solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to foc...
May. 24, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,082
SYS-CON Events announced today the How to Create Angular 2 Clients for the Cloud Workshop, being held June 7, 2016, in conjunction with 18th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Angular 2 is a complete re-write of the popular framework AngularJS. Programming in Angular 2 is greatly simplified. Now it’s a component-based well-performing framework. The immersive one-day workshop led by Yakov Fain, a Java Champion and a co-founder of the IT consultancy Farata Systems and...
May. 24, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,852