|By PR Newswire||
|January 24, 2013 02:59 AM EST||
OAKLAND, Calif., Jan. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Food lovers will attest that a great meal can transport our senses to new places. LAN Airlines, South America's premier airline, the only airline offering nonstop flights from San Francisco to South America on affiliate carrier LAN Peru, can also transport Bay Area food lovers to the region that is home to a dazzling mix of sights and flavors. To prove the point, the airline has just surprised patrons of Oakland restaurant Bocanova with tickets to South America. More than 200 unsuspecting patrons were enjoying South American-inspired dishes by Chef Rick Hackett when they were surprised with the news that the airline was gifting them with tickets to destinations such as Chile, Argentina, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia and Brazil via LAN Airlines, and its affiliates, and TAM*. The event is part of the "Only in South America" campaign, a multi-year effort to promote leisure travel to the region. The festivities will continue in social media, where visitors to www.facebook.com/LANAirlinesUSA can win tickets daily from January 25-30, 2013.
"We are committed to introducing more U.S. travelers to wonders that can be found only in South America," said Pablo Chiozza, Vice President, USA, Canada and the Caribbean, LATAM Airlines Group. "The South American experience begins on board our aircraft, where passengers will be welcomed by incomparable service that connects major U.S. cities, including San Francisco, to the region. We are delighted that more people in the Bay Area will now get to experience our signature South American service themselves."
The surprise-and-delight experience marks the second time that LAN Airlines has surprised U.S. restaurant goers with tickets. Last year, the airline surprised patrons of a South American eatery in New York with tickets to the region. Bocanova was selected as the venue for this special event on the west coast for its innovative take on South American cuisine.
"We couldn't think of a more exciting way to start the new year than by giving our patrons the opportunity to see South America for themselves," said Proprietor/Chef Rick Hackett. "At Bocanova, we offer dishes that are inspired by the unique flavors of such a diverse and beautiful continent. Now our patrons will have the chance to let themselves be inspired by the region's sights and charm."
More Chances to Win Online
Consumers who follow LAN Airlines USA via Facebook also have a chance to join in this experience. From January 25 through January 30, LAN Airlines is holding daily giveaways for the chance to win tickets to South America through an online giveaway on LAN's Facebook page. Guests can also follow LAN Airlines on Twitter via the @LANAirlinesUSA Twitter handle.
*Terms & Conditions
LATAM Airlines Group & Bocanova Giveaway Event
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
1. SPONSOR. LATAM Airlines Group S.A., 6500 NW 22 St., Miami, Florida, 33122 ("LAN Airlines" or "LAN").
2. PROMOTION PERIOD. The LATAM Airlines Group & Bocanova Giveaway ("Promotion") is only valid between 7:00 p.m. and 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on January 23, 2013.("Promotion Period"). By being present at Bocanova restaurant at 55 Webster Street, Oakland, California during the Promotion Period each participant agrees to these Official Rules. LATAM Airlines Group reserves the right to postpone or bring forward the end of the Promotion.
3. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS. Promotion is offered and open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United Sates and the District of Columbia. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Sponsor or Bocanova, or their respective affiliates or associate companies, as well as those who assist or work on a permanent basis with Sponsor, their advertising and promotions agencies, and their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrants agree and accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final. The Promotion is offered in Oakland, California.
4. HOW TO ENTER AND WIN. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. By attending the event and agreeing to be filmed at Bocanova, 55 Webster Street, Oakland, California during the Promotion Period each participant will be an automatic winner of this Promotion.
The name of each Prize Winner will be stored on a database belonging to LAN. LAN reserves the right to cross reference between the database of customers registered in the Promotion and internal databases, to later send participants an e-mail inviting them to become LANPASS members, receive special offers or promotions, update their details – depending on whether they are members or not of the program, or other emails, offers and promotions from LAN or its affiliates.
5. HOW TO REDEEM. Prize can be redeemed by calling 1-800-210-5802 or sending an e-mail to [email protected]. Instructions for redeeming the prize ticket can be found at www.lan.com/onlyinsouthamerica/bocanova. Ticket must be booked and purchased between January 23, 2013 and February 6, 2013. Travel dates must be between January 24,, 2013 and December 1, 2013 (except on blackout dates: July 10, 2013 thru August 20, 2013). Please contact Sponsor for any questions regarding blackout dates.
6. PRIZE/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE. Prize consists of ticket voucher with a unique identifier applicable to one (1) round trip ticket in Economy class from SAN Francisco (SFO) or LOS ANGELES (LAX) on LAN Airlines or LAN Peru to anywhere LAN Airlines or its affiliates fly in South America, with a maximum of one connection. The approximate retail value of the (1) one ticket is $2,000.00 and will vary based on the destination selected. No prize substitution, cash equivalent or transfer permitted except at sole discretion of Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute all or part of the Prize with one of comparable or greater value. Additional upgrades and options are at the sole expense of the winner. Sponsor does not guarantee, beforehand, the availability of space on any of the air routes herein mentioned or that might be selected by the winner(s).
All LAN Airlines and its affiliate carriers' and TAM Airlines tickets are valid on regularly scheduled, published flights, and not on any code-shared flights operated by a carrier other than LAN Airlines or the mentioned affiliates and TAM Airlines. All reservations are the sole responsibility of the winners and not of the Sponsor. Blackout dates may apply and reservations are subject to availability. Expenses not specifically stated in these rules, such as, meals, gas, transportation costs, or other expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner.
There is no full or partial cash refund permitted for tickets issued in relation to this Promotion, and cannot be negotiated or exchanged for money or any other goods. Tickets will be issued to the winner and, are not transferable, nor may be negotiated or transferred to another person once issued.
The feature of the Prize is fixed and modifications are not permitted by winner. Prize ticket does not include applicable taxes, airport taxes, federal/state/country t axes, departure taxes, customs duties and security fees. Passenger is responsible for insurance, gas, travel expenses, food or drink, or any other added expense of any nature. Travel insurance, transportation or transfers within the country of residence of the winning participant and their companion (even when they reside outside the city from which they leave and/or to that where the flight returns) and or to/from airports are not included either. Sponsor is not responsible for any other direct or indirect cost, expenditure, tax or payment associated to the use of the Prize on behalf of the winning participant and/or their companion.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Winner agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor, their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and affiliated entities or subsidiaries, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Winner's acceptance or use of the Prize. By participating in this Promotion, the participant accepts to abide by the Official Rules of the Promotion, as well as the decisions of the judges, rights, claims and actions of any kind that may arise in connection or as a result of the acceptance or use of the Prize.
Neither Sponsor nor its affiliated entities are responsible for printing or typographical errors in any related materials; stolen, fraudulent entries or emails; or transactions that are processed or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction.
8. OTHER POINTS. Any and all person(s) accepting the Prize, so long as there are no legal prohibitions, agrees to Sponsor's use of his/her name, address, photograph, videotape or any likeness on LAN Airlines USA Facebook and Twitter pages or for advertising or publicity purposes, and to the use of statements made by or attributed to the Prize relating to Sponsor or its affiliates, and releases any and all rights to said use without further compensation. Void where prohibited by law.
Any difficulty or doubt that arises in relation to the validity, interpretation or use of this Promotion will be resolved by the common tribunals of the Justice of Santiago de Chile, in compliance with Chilean law. In spite of this, Sponsor reserves the right to choose to litigate in the place of residence of the participant, before their Courts of Justice and in compliance with the laws, which for this Promotion will be applicable in such a jurisdiction.
At the time the trip is made, the winner is responsible for carrying all necessary documents such as passports and visas, or any other such documentation, that may be required. Under no circumstances will Sponsor be responsible for difficulties experienced by the winner as a consequence of not having the necessary valid documentation in due order.
Sponsor is not responsible for injuries or damages of any nature whatsoever that may arise outside the scope of air transportation provided by LAN Airlines or its affiliates. LAN Airlines and its affiliates' liability is limited in accordance to the terms and conditions of the Contract of Carriage and is subject to the provisions of the Montreal Convention and other applicable international or domestic rules and regulations. Other restrictions may apply.
About LATAM Airlines Group, S.A.
LATAM Airlines Group S.A. is the new name given to LAN Airlines S.A. as a result of its association with TAM S.A. LATAM Airlines Group S.A. now includes LAN Airlines and its affiliates in Peru, Argentina, Colombia and Ecuador, and LAN Cargo and its affiliates, as well as TAM S.A. and its subsidiaries TAM Linhas Aereas S.A., including its business units TAM Transportes Aereos del Mercosur S.A., TAM Airlines (Paraguay) and Multiplus S.A. This association creates one of the largest airline groups in the world in terms of network connections, providing passenger transport services to about 150 destinations in 22 countries and cargo services to about 169 destinations in 27 countries, with a fleet of 311 aircraft. In total, LATAM Airlines Group has more than 52,000 employees and its shares are traded in Santiago, as well as on the New York Stock Exchange in the form of ADRs and Sao Paulo Stock Exchange in the form of BDRs.
Each airline will continue to operate under their current brands and identities. For any inquiry relating to LAN or TAM, please visit www.lan.com or www.tam.com.br, respectively. Further information can be obtained at www.latamairlinesgroup.net.
Bocanova is located at 55 Webster Street on the waterfront of Oakland's Jack London Square, with unparalleled views of the yacht harbor and the San Francisco skyline. Celebrating Pan-American cuisine, Executive Chef John Ledbetter, in collaboration with Chef/Owner Rick Hackett, integrates locally sourced ingredients with recipes inspired by regions from Mexico to Argentina, creating a mix between New and Old World techniques. The beverage program is an extension of Bocanova's cuisine, with the wine menu offering varieties from the New World, Spain and Portugal, and seasonally-inspired hand-crafted cocktails from the bar. For more information and to make reservations, contact Bocanova at 510.444.1233 or visit www.bocanova.com, www.facebook.com/Bocanova, or follow @Bocanova on Twitter.
SOURCE LAN Airlines
SYS-CON Events announced today that VividCortex, the monitoring solution for the modern data system, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The database is the heart of most applications, but it’s also the part that’s hardest to scale, monitor, and optimize even as it’s growing 50% year over year. VividCortex is the first unified suite of database monitoring tools specifically desi...
Aug. 3, 2015 01:07 PM EDT
In their session at 17th Cloud Expo, Hal Schwartz, CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), and Chuck Paolillo, CTO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), provide a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. In his role as CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), Hal Schwartz provides leadership and direction for the company.
Aug. 3, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 201
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Aug. 3, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 267
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection and E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Partnerships at Com...
Aug. 3, 2015 11:48 AM EDT
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Aug. 3, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 203
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Aug. 3, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 229
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Aug. 3, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 360
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, analyzed a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discussed the benefits/challenges of migrating to each offe...
Aug. 3, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 184
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Aug. 2, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 682
Digital Transformation is the ultimate goal of cloud computing and related initiatives. The phrase is certainly not a precise one, and as subject to hand-waving and distortion as any high-falutin' terminology in the world of information technology. Yet it is an excellent choice of words to describe what enterprise IT—and by extension, organizations in general—should be working to achieve. Digital Transformation means: handling all the data types being found and created in the organizat...
Aug. 2, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,135
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 2, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 516
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Aug. 2, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 431
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Aug. 2, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 554
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 483
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducte...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 360