|By PR Newswire||
|January 24, 2013 02:59 AM EST||
OAKLAND, Calif., Jan. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Food lovers will attest that a great meal can transport our senses to new places. LAN Airlines, South America's premier airline, the only airline offering nonstop flights from San Francisco to South America on affiliate carrier LAN Peru, can also transport Bay Area food lovers to the region that is home to a dazzling mix of sights and flavors. To prove the point, the airline has just surprised patrons of Oakland restaurant Bocanova with tickets to South America. More than 200 unsuspecting patrons were enjoying South American-inspired dishes by Chef Rick Hackett when they were surprised with the news that the airline was gifting them with tickets to destinations such as Chile, Argentina, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia and Brazil via LAN Airlines, and its affiliates, and TAM*. The event is part of the "Only in South America" campaign, a multi-year effort to promote leisure travel to the region. The festivities will continue in social media, where visitors to www.facebook.com/LANAirlinesUSA can win tickets daily from January 25-30, 2013.
"We are committed to introducing more U.S. travelers to wonders that can be found only in South America," said Pablo Chiozza, Vice President, USA, Canada and the Caribbean, LATAM Airlines Group. "The South American experience begins on board our aircraft, where passengers will be welcomed by incomparable service that connects major U.S. cities, including San Francisco, to the region. We are delighted that more people in the Bay Area will now get to experience our signature South American service themselves."
The surprise-and-delight experience marks the second time that LAN Airlines has surprised U.S. restaurant goers with tickets. Last year, the airline surprised patrons of a South American eatery in New York with tickets to the region. Bocanova was selected as the venue for this special event on the west coast for its innovative take on South American cuisine.
"We couldn't think of a more exciting way to start the new year than by giving our patrons the opportunity to see South America for themselves," said Proprietor/Chef Rick Hackett. "At Bocanova, we offer dishes that are inspired by the unique flavors of such a diverse and beautiful continent. Now our patrons will have the chance to let themselves be inspired by the region's sights and charm."
More Chances to Win Online
Consumers who follow LAN Airlines USA via Facebook also have a chance to join in this experience. From January 25 through January 30, LAN Airlines is holding daily giveaways for the chance to win tickets to South America through an online giveaway on LAN's Facebook page. Guests can also follow LAN Airlines on Twitter via the @LANAirlinesUSA Twitter handle.
*Terms & Conditions
LATAM Airlines Group & Bocanova Giveaway Event
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
1. SPONSOR. LATAM Airlines Group S.A., 6500 NW 22 St., Miami, Florida, 33122 ("LAN Airlines" or "LAN").
2. PROMOTION PERIOD. The LATAM Airlines Group & Bocanova Giveaway ("Promotion") is only valid between 7:00 p.m. and 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on January 23, 2013.("Promotion Period"). By being present at Bocanova restaurant at 55 Webster Street, Oakland, California during the Promotion Period each participant agrees to these Official Rules. LATAM Airlines Group reserves the right to postpone or bring forward the end of the Promotion.
3. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS. Promotion is offered and open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United Sates and the District of Columbia. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Sponsor or Bocanova, or their respective affiliates or associate companies, as well as those who assist or work on a permanent basis with Sponsor, their advertising and promotions agencies, and their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrants agree and accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final. The Promotion is offered in Oakland, California.
4. HOW TO ENTER AND WIN. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. By attending the event and agreeing to be filmed at Bocanova, 55 Webster Street, Oakland, California during the Promotion Period each participant will be an automatic winner of this Promotion.
The name of each Prize Winner will be stored on a database belonging to LAN. LAN reserves the right to cross reference between the database of customers registered in the Promotion and internal databases, to later send participants an e-mail inviting them to become LANPASS members, receive special offers or promotions, update their details – depending on whether they are members or not of the program, or other emails, offers and promotions from LAN or its affiliates.
5. HOW TO REDEEM. Prize can be redeemed by calling 1-800-210-5802 or sending an e-mail to [email protected]. Instructions for redeeming the prize ticket can be found at www.lan.com/onlyinsouthamerica/bocanova. Ticket must be booked and purchased between January 23, 2013 and February 6, 2013. Travel dates must be between January 24,, 2013 and December 1, 2013 (except on blackout dates: July 10, 2013 thru August 20, 2013). Please contact Sponsor for any questions regarding blackout dates.
6. PRIZE/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE. Prize consists of ticket voucher with a unique identifier applicable to one (1) round trip ticket in Economy class from SAN Francisco (SFO) or LOS ANGELES (LAX) on LAN Airlines or LAN Peru to anywhere LAN Airlines or its affiliates fly in South America, with a maximum of one connection. The approximate retail value of the (1) one ticket is $2,000.00 and will vary based on the destination selected. No prize substitution, cash equivalent or transfer permitted except at sole discretion of Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute all or part of the Prize with one of comparable or greater value. Additional upgrades and options are at the sole expense of the winner. Sponsor does not guarantee, beforehand, the availability of space on any of the air routes herein mentioned or that might be selected by the winner(s).
All LAN Airlines and its affiliate carriers' and TAM Airlines tickets are valid on regularly scheduled, published flights, and not on any code-shared flights operated by a carrier other than LAN Airlines or the mentioned affiliates and TAM Airlines. All reservations are the sole responsibility of the winners and not of the Sponsor. Blackout dates may apply and reservations are subject to availability. Expenses not specifically stated in these rules, such as, meals, gas, transportation costs, or other expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner.
There is no full or partial cash refund permitted for tickets issued in relation to this Promotion, and cannot be negotiated or exchanged for money or any other goods. Tickets will be issued to the winner and, are not transferable, nor may be negotiated or transferred to another person once issued.
The feature of the Prize is fixed and modifications are not permitted by winner. Prize ticket does not include applicable taxes, airport taxes, federal/state/country t axes, departure taxes, customs duties and security fees. Passenger is responsible for insurance, gas, travel expenses, food or drink, or any other added expense of any nature. Travel insurance, transportation or transfers within the country of residence of the winning participant and their companion (even when they reside outside the city from which they leave and/or to that where the flight returns) and or to/from airports are not included either. Sponsor is not responsible for any other direct or indirect cost, expenditure, tax or payment associated to the use of the Prize on behalf of the winning participant and/or their companion.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Winner agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor, their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and affiliated entities or subsidiaries, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Winner's acceptance or use of the Prize. By participating in this Promotion, the participant accepts to abide by the Official Rules of the Promotion, as well as the decisions of the judges, rights, claims and actions of any kind that may arise in connection or as a result of the acceptance or use of the Prize.
Neither Sponsor nor its affiliated entities are responsible for printing or typographical errors in any related materials; stolen, fraudulent entries or emails; or transactions that are processed or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction.
8. OTHER POINTS. Any and all person(s) accepting the Prize, so long as there are no legal prohibitions, agrees to Sponsor's use of his/her name, address, photograph, videotape or any likeness on LAN Airlines USA Facebook and Twitter pages or for advertising or publicity purposes, and to the use of statements made by or attributed to the Prize relating to Sponsor or its affiliates, and releases any and all rights to said use without further compensation. Void where prohibited by law.
Any difficulty or doubt that arises in relation to the validity, interpretation or use of this Promotion will be resolved by the common tribunals of the Justice of Santiago de Chile, in compliance with Chilean law. In spite of this, Sponsor reserves the right to choose to litigate in the place of residence of the participant, before their Courts of Justice and in compliance with the laws, which for this Promotion will be applicable in such a jurisdiction.
At the time the trip is made, the winner is responsible for carrying all necessary documents such as passports and visas, or any other such documentation, that may be required. Under no circumstances will Sponsor be responsible for difficulties experienced by the winner as a consequence of not having the necessary valid documentation in due order.
Sponsor is not responsible for injuries or damages of any nature whatsoever that may arise outside the scope of air transportation provided by LAN Airlines or its affiliates. LAN Airlines and its affiliates' liability is limited in accordance to the terms and conditions of the Contract of Carriage and is subject to the provisions of the Montreal Convention and other applicable international or domestic rules and regulations. Other restrictions may apply.
About LATAM Airlines Group, S.A.
LATAM Airlines Group S.A. is the new name given to LAN Airlines S.A. as a result of its association with TAM S.A. LATAM Airlines Group S.A. now includes LAN Airlines and its affiliates in Peru, Argentina, Colombia and Ecuador, and LAN Cargo and its affiliates, as well as TAM S.A. and its subsidiaries TAM Linhas Aereas S.A., including its business units TAM Transportes Aereos del Mercosur S.A., TAM Airlines (Paraguay) and Multiplus S.A. This association creates one of the largest airline groups in the world in terms of network connections, providing passenger transport services to about 150 destinations in 22 countries and cargo services to about 169 destinations in 27 countries, with a fleet of 311 aircraft. In total, LATAM Airlines Group has more than 52,000 employees and its shares are traded in Santiago, as well as on the New York Stock Exchange in the form of ADRs and Sao Paulo Stock Exchange in the form of BDRs.
Each airline will continue to operate under their current brands and identities. For any inquiry relating to LAN or TAM, please visit www.lan.com or www.tam.com.br, respectively. Further information can be obtained at www.latamairlinesgroup.net.
Bocanova is located at 55 Webster Street on the waterfront of Oakland's Jack London Square, with unparalleled views of the yacht harbor and the San Francisco skyline. Celebrating Pan-American cuisine, Executive Chef John Ledbetter, in collaboration with Chef/Owner Rick Hackett, integrates locally sourced ingredients with recipes inspired by regions from Mexico to Argentina, creating a mix between New and Old World techniques. The beverage program is an extension of Bocanova's cuisine, with the wine menu offering varieties from the New World, Spain and Portugal, and seasonally-inspired hand-crafted cocktails from the bar. For more information and to make reservations, contact Bocanova at 510.444.1233 or visit www.bocanova.com, www.facebook.com/Bocanova, or follow @Bocanova on Twitter.
SOURCE LAN Airlines
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Apr. 29, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 312
The IoT has the potential to create a renaissance of manufacturing in the US and elsewhere. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Florent Solt, CTO and chief architect of Netvibes, will discuss how the expected exponential increase in the amount of data that will be processed, transported, stored, and accessed means there will be a huge demand for smart technologies to deliver it. Florent Solt is the CTO and chief architect of Netvibes. Prior to joining Netvibes in 2007, he co-founded Rift Technol...
Apr. 29, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,539
If there is anything we have learned by now, is that every business paves their own unique path for releasing software- every pipeline, implementation and practices are a bit different, and DevOps comes in all shapes and sizes. Software delivery practices are often comprised of set of several complementing (or even competing) methodologies – such as leveraging Agile, DevOps and even a mix of ITIL, to create the combination that’s most suitable for your organization and that maximize your busines...
Apr. 29, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,748
New Relic, Inc. has announced a set of new features across the New Relic Software Analytics Cloud that offer IT operations teams increased visibility, and the ability to diagnose and resolve performance problems quickly. The new features further IT operations teams’ ability to leverage data and analytics, as well as drive collaboration and a common, shared understanding between teams. Software teams are under pressure to resolve performance issues quickly and improve availability, as the comple...
Apr. 29, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,401
The proper isolation of resources is essential for multi-tenant environments. The traditional approach to isolate resources is, however, rather heavyweight. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Igor Drobiazko, co-founder of elastic.io, will draw upon their own experience with operating a Docker container-based infrastructure on a large scale and present a lightweight solution for resource isolation using microservices. He will also discuss the implementation of microservices in data and applicat...
Apr. 29, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,695
See storage differently! Storage performance problems have only gotten worse and harder to solve as applications have become largely virtualized and moved to a cloud-based infrastructure. Storage performance in a virtualized environment is not just about IOPS, it is about how well that potential performance is guaranteed to individual VMs for these apps as the number of VMs keep going up real time. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in product and marketing at Tintri, will discu...
Apr. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 640
Join IBM June 8 at 18th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and learn how to innovate like a startup and scale for the enterprise. You need to deliver quality applications faster and cheaper, attract and retain customers with an engaging experience across devices, and seamlessly integrate your enterprise systems. And you can't take 12 months to do it.
Apr. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,776
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, will discuss how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to im...
Apr. 29, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,622
This is not a small hotel event. It is also not a big vendor party where politicians and entertainers are more important than real content. This is Cloud Expo, the world's longest-running conference and exhibition focused on Cloud Computing and all that it entails. If you want serious presentations and valuable insight about Cloud Computing for three straight days, then register now for Cloud Expo.
Apr. 29, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,669
As you respond to increasing requests for new analytics, you need fast and flexible technology in your arsenal so that you can deploy the right workload to the right platform for the need at hand. Do you need self-service and fast time to value? Do you have data and application control and privacy needs, along with strict SLAs to meet? IBM dashDB™ is data warehouse technology powered by in-memory computing and in-database analytics that are designed for fast results, scalability and more.
Apr. 29, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,549
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Apr. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 863
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 871
Up until last year, enterprises that were looking into cloud services usually undertook a long-term pilot with one of the large cloud providers, running test and dev workloads in the cloud. With cloud’s transition to mainstream adoption in 2015, and with enterprises migrating more and more workloads into the cloud and in between public and private environments, the single-provider approach must be revisited. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yoav Mor, multi-cloud solution evangelist at Cloudy...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,407
IoT device adoption is growing at staggering rates, and with it comes opportunity for developers to meet consumer demand for an ever more connected world. Wireless communication is the key part of the encompassing components of any IoT device. Wireless connectivity enhances the device utility at the expense of ease of use and deployment challenges. Since connectivity is fundamental for IoT device development, engineers must understand how to overcome the hurdles inherent in incorporating multipl...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,416