|By PR Newswire||
|January 24, 2013 02:59 AM EST||
OAKLAND, Calif., Jan. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Food lovers will attest that a great meal can transport our senses to new places. LAN Airlines, South America's premier airline, the only airline offering nonstop flights from San Francisco to South America on affiliate carrier LAN Peru, can also transport Bay Area food lovers to the region that is home to a dazzling mix of sights and flavors. To prove the point, the airline has just surprised patrons of Oakland restaurant Bocanova with tickets to South America. More than 200 unsuspecting patrons were enjoying South American-inspired dishes by Chef Rick Hackett when they were surprised with the news that the airline was gifting them with tickets to destinations such as Chile, Argentina, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia and Brazil via LAN Airlines, and its affiliates, and TAM*. The event is part of the "Only in South America" campaign, a multi-year effort to promote leisure travel to the region. The festivities will continue in social media, where visitors to www.facebook.com/LANAirlinesUSA can win tickets daily from January 25-30, 2013.
"We are committed to introducing more U.S. travelers to wonders that can be found only in South America," said Pablo Chiozza, Vice President, USA, Canada and the Caribbean, LATAM Airlines Group. "The South American experience begins on board our aircraft, where passengers will be welcomed by incomparable service that connects major U.S. cities, including San Francisco, to the region. We are delighted that more people in the Bay Area will now get to experience our signature South American service themselves."
The surprise-and-delight experience marks the second time that LAN Airlines has surprised U.S. restaurant goers with tickets. Last year, the airline surprised patrons of a South American eatery in New York with tickets to the region. Bocanova was selected as the venue for this special event on the west coast for its innovative take on South American cuisine.
"We couldn't think of a more exciting way to start the new year than by giving our patrons the opportunity to see South America for themselves," said Proprietor/Chef Rick Hackett. "At Bocanova, we offer dishes that are inspired by the unique flavors of such a diverse and beautiful continent. Now our patrons will have the chance to let themselves be inspired by the region's sights and charm."
More Chances to Win Online
Consumers who follow LAN Airlines USA via Facebook also have a chance to join in this experience. From January 25 through January 30, LAN Airlines is holding daily giveaways for the chance to win tickets to South America through an online giveaway on LAN's Facebook page. Guests can also follow LAN Airlines on Twitter via the @LANAirlinesUSA Twitter handle.
*Terms & Conditions
LATAM Airlines Group & Bocanova Giveaway Event
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
1. SPONSOR. LATAM Airlines Group S.A., 6500 NW 22 St., Miami, Florida, 33122 ("LAN Airlines" or "LAN").
2. PROMOTION PERIOD. The LATAM Airlines Group & Bocanova Giveaway ("Promotion") is only valid between 7:00 p.m. and 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on January 23, 2013.("Promotion Period"). By being present at Bocanova restaurant at 55 Webster Street, Oakland, California during the Promotion Period each participant agrees to these Official Rules. LATAM Airlines Group reserves the right to postpone or bring forward the end of the Promotion.
3. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS. Promotion is offered and open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United Sates and the District of Columbia. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Sponsor or Bocanova, or their respective affiliates or associate companies, as well as those who assist or work on a permanent basis with Sponsor, their advertising and promotions agencies, and their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrants agree and accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final. The Promotion is offered in Oakland, California.
4. HOW TO ENTER AND WIN. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. By attending the event and agreeing to be filmed at Bocanova, 55 Webster Street, Oakland, California during the Promotion Period each participant will be an automatic winner of this Promotion.
The name of each Prize Winner will be stored on a database belonging to LAN. LAN reserves the right to cross reference between the database of customers registered in the Promotion and internal databases, to later send participants an e-mail inviting them to become LANPASS members, receive special offers or promotions, update their details – depending on whether they are members or not of the program, or other emails, offers and promotions from LAN or its affiliates.
5. HOW TO REDEEM. Prize can be redeemed by calling 1-800-210-5802 or sending an e-mail to [email protected]. Instructions for redeeming the prize ticket can be found at www.lan.com/onlyinsouthamerica/bocanova. Ticket must be booked and purchased between January 23, 2013 and February 6, 2013. Travel dates must be between January 24,, 2013 and December 1, 2013 (except on blackout dates: July 10, 2013 thru August 20, 2013). Please contact Sponsor for any questions regarding blackout dates.
6. PRIZE/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE. Prize consists of ticket voucher with a unique identifier applicable to one (1) round trip ticket in Economy class from SAN Francisco (SFO) or LOS ANGELES (LAX) on LAN Airlines or LAN Peru to anywhere LAN Airlines or its affiliates fly in South America, with a maximum of one connection. The approximate retail value of the (1) one ticket is $2,000.00 and will vary based on the destination selected. No prize substitution, cash equivalent or transfer permitted except at sole discretion of Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute all or part of the Prize with one of comparable or greater value. Additional upgrades and options are at the sole expense of the winner. Sponsor does not guarantee, beforehand, the availability of space on any of the air routes herein mentioned or that might be selected by the winner(s).
All LAN Airlines and its affiliate carriers' and TAM Airlines tickets are valid on regularly scheduled, published flights, and not on any code-shared flights operated by a carrier other than LAN Airlines or the mentioned affiliates and TAM Airlines. All reservations are the sole responsibility of the winners and not of the Sponsor. Blackout dates may apply and reservations are subject to availability. Expenses not specifically stated in these rules, such as, meals, gas, transportation costs, or other expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner.
There is no full or partial cash refund permitted for tickets issued in relation to this Promotion, and cannot be negotiated or exchanged for money or any other goods. Tickets will be issued to the winner and, are not transferable, nor may be negotiated or transferred to another person once issued.
The feature of the Prize is fixed and modifications are not permitted by winner. Prize ticket does not include applicable taxes, airport taxes, federal/state/country t axes, departure taxes, customs duties and security fees. Passenger is responsible for insurance, gas, travel expenses, food or drink, or any other added expense of any nature. Travel insurance, transportation or transfers within the country of residence of the winning participant and their companion (even when they reside outside the city from which they leave and/or to that where the flight returns) and or to/from airports are not included either. Sponsor is not responsible for any other direct or indirect cost, expenditure, tax or payment associated to the use of the Prize on behalf of the winning participant and/or their companion.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Winner agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor, their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and affiliated entities or subsidiaries, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Winner's acceptance or use of the Prize. By participating in this Promotion, the participant accepts to abide by the Official Rules of the Promotion, as well as the decisions of the judges, rights, claims and actions of any kind that may arise in connection or as a result of the acceptance or use of the Prize.
Neither Sponsor nor its affiliated entities are responsible for printing or typographical errors in any related materials; stolen, fraudulent entries or emails; or transactions that are processed or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction.
8. OTHER POINTS. Any and all person(s) accepting the Prize, so long as there are no legal prohibitions, agrees to Sponsor's use of his/her name, address, photograph, videotape or any likeness on LAN Airlines USA Facebook and Twitter pages or for advertising or publicity purposes, and to the use of statements made by or attributed to the Prize relating to Sponsor or its affiliates, and releases any and all rights to said use without further compensation. Void where prohibited by law.
Any difficulty or doubt that arises in relation to the validity, interpretation or use of this Promotion will be resolved by the common tribunals of the Justice of Santiago de Chile, in compliance with Chilean law. In spite of this, Sponsor reserves the right to choose to litigate in the place of residence of the participant, before their Courts of Justice and in compliance with the laws, which for this Promotion will be applicable in such a jurisdiction.
At the time the trip is made, the winner is responsible for carrying all necessary documents such as passports and visas, or any other such documentation, that may be required. Under no circumstances will Sponsor be responsible for difficulties experienced by the winner as a consequence of not having the necessary valid documentation in due order.
Sponsor is not responsible for injuries or damages of any nature whatsoever that may arise outside the scope of air transportation provided by LAN Airlines or its affiliates. LAN Airlines and its affiliates' liability is limited in accordance to the terms and conditions of the Contract of Carriage and is subject to the provisions of the Montreal Convention and other applicable international or domestic rules and regulations. Other restrictions may apply.
About LATAM Airlines Group, S.A.
LATAM Airlines Group S.A. is the new name given to LAN Airlines S.A. as a result of its association with TAM S.A. LATAM Airlines Group S.A. now includes LAN Airlines and its affiliates in Peru, Argentina, Colombia and Ecuador, and LAN Cargo and its affiliates, as well as TAM S.A. and its subsidiaries TAM Linhas Aereas S.A., including its business units TAM Transportes Aereos del Mercosur S.A., TAM Airlines (Paraguay) and Multiplus S.A. This association creates one of the largest airline groups in the world in terms of network connections, providing passenger transport services to about 150 destinations in 22 countries and cargo services to about 169 destinations in 27 countries, with a fleet of 311 aircraft. In total, LATAM Airlines Group has more than 52,000 employees and its shares are traded in Santiago, as well as on the New York Stock Exchange in the form of ADRs and Sao Paulo Stock Exchange in the form of BDRs.
Each airline will continue to operate under their current brands and identities. For any inquiry relating to LAN or TAM, please visit www.lan.com or www.tam.com.br, respectively. Further information can be obtained at www.latamairlinesgroup.net.
Bocanova is located at 55 Webster Street on the waterfront of Oakland's Jack London Square, with unparalleled views of the yacht harbor and the San Francisco skyline. Celebrating Pan-American cuisine, Executive Chef John Ledbetter, in collaboration with Chef/Owner Rick Hackett, integrates locally sourced ingredients with recipes inspired by regions from Mexico to Argentina, creating a mix between New and Old World techniques. The beverage program is an extension of Bocanova's cuisine, with the wine menu offering varieties from the New World, Spain and Portugal, and seasonally-inspired hand-crafted cocktails from the bar. For more information and to make reservations, contact Bocanova at 510.444.1233 or visit www.bocanova.com, www.facebook.com/Bocanova, or follow @Bocanova on Twitter.
SOURCE LAN Airlines
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Dec. 2, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,368
Join Impiger for their featured webinar: ‘Cloud Computing: A Roadmap to Modern Software Delivery’ on November 10, 2016, at 12:00 pm CST. Very few companies have not experienced some impact to their IT delivery due to the evolution of cloud computing. This webinar is not about deciding whether you should entertain moving some or all of your IT to the cloud, but rather, a detailed look under the hood to help IT professionals understand how cloud adoption has evolved and what trends will impact th...
Dec. 2, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,434
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Dec. 2, 2016 12:11 PM EST Reads: 141
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 126
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 2, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,823
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 2, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,450
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and G...
Dec. 2, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 1,842
When it comes to cloud computing, the ability to turn massive amounts of compute cores on and off on demand sounds attractive to IT staff, who need to manage peaks and valleys in user activity. With cloud bursting, the majority of the data can stay on premises while tapping into compute from public cloud providers, reducing risk and minimizing need to move large files. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Jeschonek, Director of Product Management at Avere Systems, discussed the IT and busin...
Dec. 2, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 3,737
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Dec. 2, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 393
"Qosmos has launched L7Viewer, a network traffic analysis tool, so it analyzes all the traffic between the virtual machine and the data center and the virtual machine and the external world," stated Sebastien Synold, Product Line Manager at Qosmos, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 393
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 2, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 1,590
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, discussed the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 2, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 1,897
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 2, 2016 10:15 AM EST Reads: 2,020
Fact: storage performance problems have only gotten more complicated, as applications not only have become largely virtualized, but also have moved to cloud-based infrastructures. Storage performance in virtualized environments isn’t just about IOPS anymore. Instead, you need to guarantee performance for individual VMs, helping applications maintain performance as the number of VMs continues to go up in real time. In his session at Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, Product and Marketing at Tintri, sha...
Dec. 2, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 691
As ridesharing competitors and enhanced services increase, notable changes are occurring in the transportation model. Despite the cost-effective means and flexibility of ridesharing, both drivers and users will need to be aware of the connected environment and how it will impact the ridesharing experience. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Timothy Evavold, Executive Director Automotive at Covisint, discussed key challenges and solutions to powering a ride sharing and/or multimodal model in the age ...
Dec. 2, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,069