|By PR Newswire||
|January 24, 2013 02:59 AM EST||
OAKLAND, Calif., Jan. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Food lovers will attest that a great meal can transport our senses to new places. LAN Airlines, South America's premier airline, the only airline offering nonstop flights from San Francisco to South America on affiliate carrier LAN Peru, can also transport Bay Area food lovers to the region that is home to a dazzling mix of sights and flavors. To prove the point, the airline has just surprised patrons of Oakland restaurant Bocanova with tickets to South America. More than 200 unsuspecting patrons were enjoying South American-inspired dishes by Chef Rick Hackett when they were surprised with the news that the airline was gifting them with tickets to destinations such as Chile, Argentina, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia and Brazil via LAN Airlines, and its affiliates, and TAM*. The event is part of the "Only in South America" campaign, a multi-year effort to promote leisure travel to the region. The festivities will continue in social media, where visitors to www.facebook.com/LANAirlinesUSA can win tickets daily from January 25-30, 2013.
"We are committed to introducing more U.S. travelers to wonders that can be found only in South America," said Pablo Chiozza, Vice President, USA, Canada and the Caribbean, LATAM Airlines Group. "The South American experience begins on board our aircraft, where passengers will be welcomed by incomparable service that connects major U.S. cities, including San Francisco, to the region. We are delighted that more people in the Bay Area will now get to experience our signature South American service themselves."
The surprise-and-delight experience marks the second time that LAN Airlines has surprised U.S. restaurant goers with tickets. Last year, the airline surprised patrons of a South American eatery in New York with tickets to the region. Bocanova was selected as the venue for this special event on the west coast for its innovative take on South American cuisine.
"We couldn't think of a more exciting way to start the new year than by giving our patrons the opportunity to see South America for themselves," said Proprietor/Chef Rick Hackett. "At Bocanova, we offer dishes that are inspired by the unique flavors of such a diverse and beautiful continent. Now our patrons will have the chance to let themselves be inspired by the region's sights and charm."
More Chances to Win Online
Consumers who follow LAN Airlines USA via Facebook also have a chance to join in this experience. From January 25 through January 30, LAN Airlines is holding daily giveaways for the chance to win tickets to South America through an online giveaway on LAN's Facebook page. Guests can also follow LAN Airlines on Twitter via the @LANAirlinesUSA Twitter handle.
*Terms & Conditions
LATAM Airlines Group & Bocanova Giveaway Event
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
1. SPONSOR. LATAM Airlines Group S.A., 6500 NW 22 St., Miami, Florida, 33122 ("LAN Airlines" or "LAN").
2. PROMOTION PERIOD. The LATAM Airlines Group & Bocanova Giveaway ("Promotion") is only valid between 7:00 p.m. and 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on January 23, 2013.("Promotion Period"). By being present at Bocanova restaurant at 55 Webster Street, Oakland, California during the Promotion Period each participant agrees to these Official Rules. LATAM Airlines Group reserves the right to postpone or bring forward the end of the Promotion.
3. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS. Promotion is offered and open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United Sates and the District of Columbia. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Sponsor or Bocanova, or their respective affiliates or associate companies, as well as those who assist or work on a permanent basis with Sponsor, their advertising and promotions agencies, and their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrants agree and accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final. The Promotion is offered in Oakland, California.
4. HOW TO ENTER AND WIN. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. By attending the event and agreeing to be filmed at Bocanova, 55 Webster Street, Oakland, California during the Promotion Period each participant will be an automatic winner of this Promotion.
The name of each Prize Winner will be stored on a database belonging to LAN. LAN reserves the right to cross reference between the database of customers registered in the Promotion and internal databases, to later send participants an e-mail inviting them to become LANPASS members, receive special offers or promotions, update their details – depending on whether they are members or not of the program, or other emails, offers and promotions from LAN or its affiliates.
5. HOW TO REDEEM. Prize can be redeemed by calling 1-800-210-5802 or sending an e-mail to [email protected]. Instructions for redeeming the prize ticket can be found at www.lan.com/onlyinsouthamerica/bocanova. Ticket must be booked and purchased between January 23, 2013 and February 6, 2013. Travel dates must be between January 24,, 2013 and December 1, 2013 (except on blackout dates: July 10, 2013 thru August 20, 2013). Please contact Sponsor for any questions regarding blackout dates.
6. PRIZE/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE. Prize consists of ticket voucher with a unique identifier applicable to one (1) round trip ticket in Economy class from SAN Francisco (SFO) or LOS ANGELES (LAX) on LAN Airlines or LAN Peru to anywhere LAN Airlines or its affiliates fly in South America, with a maximum of one connection. The approximate retail value of the (1) one ticket is $2,000.00 and will vary based on the destination selected. No prize substitution, cash equivalent or transfer permitted except at sole discretion of Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute all or part of the Prize with one of comparable or greater value. Additional upgrades and options are at the sole expense of the winner. Sponsor does not guarantee, beforehand, the availability of space on any of the air routes herein mentioned or that might be selected by the winner(s).
All LAN Airlines and its affiliate carriers' and TAM Airlines tickets are valid on regularly scheduled, published flights, and not on any code-shared flights operated by a carrier other than LAN Airlines or the mentioned affiliates and TAM Airlines. All reservations are the sole responsibility of the winners and not of the Sponsor. Blackout dates may apply and reservations are subject to availability. Expenses not specifically stated in these rules, such as, meals, gas, transportation costs, or other expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner.
There is no full or partial cash refund permitted for tickets issued in relation to this Promotion, and cannot be negotiated or exchanged for money or any other goods. Tickets will be issued to the winner and, are not transferable, nor may be negotiated or transferred to another person once issued.
The feature of the Prize is fixed and modifications are not permitted by winner. Prize ticket does not include applicable taxes, airport taxes, federal/state/country t axes, departure taxes, customs duties and security fees. Passenger is responsible for insurance, gas, travel expenses, food or drink, or any other added expense of any nature. Travel insurance, transportation or transfers within the country of residence of the winning participant and their companion (even when they reside outside the city from which they leave and/or to that where the flight returns) and or to/from airports are not included either. Sponsor is not responsible for any other direct or indirect cost, expenditure, tax or payment associated to the use of the Prize on behalf of the winning participant and/or their companion.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Winner agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor, their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and affiliated entities or subsidiaries, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Winner's acceptance or use of the Prize. By participating in this Promotion, the participant accepts to abide by the Official Rules of the Promotion, as well as the decisions of the judges, rights, claims and actions of any kind that may arise in connection or as a result of the acceptance or use of the Prize.
Neither Sponsor nor its affiliated entities are responsible for printing or typographical errors in any related materials; stolen, fraudulent entries or emails; or transactions that are processed or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction.
8. OTHER POINTS. Any and all person(s) accepting the Prize, so long as there are no legal prohibitions, agrees to Sponsor's use of his/her name, address, photograph, videotape or any likeness on LAN Airlines USA Facebook and Twitter pages or for advertising or publicity purposes, and to the use of statements made by or attributed to the Prize relating to Sponsor or its affiliates, and releases any and all rights to said use without further compensation. Void where prohibited by law.
Any difficulty or doubt that arises in relation to the validity, interpretation or use of this Promotion will be resolved by the common tribunals of the Justice of Santiago de Chile, in compliance with Chilean law. In spite of this, Sponsor reserves the right to choose to litigate in the place of residence of the participant, before their Courts of Justice and in compliance with the laws, which for this Promotion will be applicable in such a jurisdiction.
At the time the trip is made, the winner is responsible for carrying all necessary documents such as passports and visas, or any other such documentation, that may be required. Under no circumstances will Sponsor be responsible for difficulties experienced by the winner as a consequence of not having the necessary valid documentation in due order.
Sponsor is not responsible for injuries or damages of any nature whatsoever that may arise outside the scope of air transportation provided by LAN Airlines or its affiliates. LAN Airlines and its affiliates' liability is limited in accordance to the terms and conditions of the Contract of Carriage and is subject to the provisions of the Montreal Convention and other applicable international or domestic rules and regulations. Other restrictions may apply.
About LATAM Airlines Group, S.A.
LATAM Airlines Group S.A. is the new name given to LAN Airlines S.A. as a result of its association with TAM S.A. LATAM Airlines Group S.A. now includes LAN Airlines and its affiliates in Peru, Argentina, Colombia and Ecuador, and LAN Cargo and its affiliates, as well as TAM S.A. and its subsidiaries TAM Linhas Aereas S.A., including its business units TAM Transportes Aereos del Mercosur S.A., TAM Airlines (Paraguay) and Multiplus S.A. This association creates one of the largest airline groups in the world in terms of network connections, providing passenger transport services to about 150 destinations in 22 countries and cargo services to about 169 destinations in 27 countries, with a fleet of 311 aircraft. In total, LATAM Airlines Group has more than 52,000 employees and its shares are traded in Santiago, as well as on the New York Stock Exchange in the form of ADRs and Sao Paulo Stock Exchange in the form of BDRs.
Each airline will continue to operate under their current brands and identities. For any inquiry relating to LAN or TAM, please visit www.lan.com or www.tam.com.br, respectively. Further information can be obtained at www.latamairlinesgroup.net.
Bocanova is located at 55 Webster Street on the waterfront of Oakland's Jack London Square, with unparalleled views of the yacht harbor and the San Francisco skyline. Celebrating Pan-American cuisine, Executive Chef John Ledbetter, in collaboration with Chef/Owner Rick Hackett, integrates locally sourced ingredients with recipes inspired by regions from Mexico to Argentina, creating a mix between New and Old World techniques. The beverage program is an extension of Bocanova's cuisine, with the wine menu offering varieties from the New World, Spain and Portugal, and seasonally-inspired hand-crafted cocktails from the bar. For more information and to make reservations, contact Bocanova at 510.444.1233 or visit www.bocanova.com, www.facebook.com/Bocanova, or follow @Bocanova on Twitter.
SOURCE LAN Airlines
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Feb. 23, 2017 04:15 AM EST Reads: 1,158
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, director/senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Feb. 23, 2017 03:45 AM EST Reads: 3,760
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Feb. 23, 2017 03:45 AM EST Reads: 6,575
910Telecom exhibited at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which took place at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, in November 2016. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and exchanges.
Feb. 23, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 1,622
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Feb. 23, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 1,859
China Unicom exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which took place at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, in November 2016. China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd ("China Unicom") was officially established in 2009 on the basis of the merger of former China Netcom and former China Unicom. China Unicom mainly operates a full range of telecommunications services including mobile broadband (GSM, WCDMA, LTE FDD, TD-LTE), fixed-line broadband, ICT, data communica...
Feb. 23, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 1,103
Zerto exhibited at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which took place at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, in June 2016. Zerto is committed to keeping enterprise and cloud IT running 24/7 by providing innovative, simple, reliable and scalable business continuity software solutions. Through the Zerto Cloud Continuity Platform™, organizations can seamlessly move and protect virtualized workloads between public, private and hybrid clouds. The company’s flagship product, Zerto Virtual...
Feb. 23, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 1,335
As businesses adopt functionalities in cloud computing, it’s imperative that IT operations consistently ensure cloud systems work correctly – all of the time, and to their best capabilities. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Bernd Harzog, CEO and founder of OpsDataStore, will present an industry answer to the common question, “Are you running IT operations as efficiently and as cost effectively as you need to?” He will expound on the industry issues he frequently came up against as an analyst, and...
Feb. 23, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 1,703
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of Soli...
Feb. 22, 2017 10:45 PM EST Reads: 674
"We're bringing out a new application monitoring system to the DevOps space. It manages large enterprise applications that are distributed throughout a node in many enterprises and we manage them as one collective," explained Kevin Barnes, President of eCube Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 22, 2017 09:45 PM EST Reads: 6,716
SYS-CON Events announced today that delaPlex will exhibit at SYS-CON's @CloudExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. delaPlex pioneered Software Development as a Service (SDaaS), which provides scalable resources to build, test, and deploy software. It’s a fast and more reliable way to develop a new product or expand your in-house team.
Feb. 22, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 1,410
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Feb. 22, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 1,340
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named "Platinum Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and 21st International Cloud Expo, which will take place in November in Silicon Valley, California.
Feb. 22, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 1,876
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Feb. 22, 2017 07:45 PM EST Reads: 7,827
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Feb. 22, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 1,214