|By Business Wire||
|January 30, 2013 11:45 AM EST||
Purdue University innovations in research areas including personal health monitoring, advanced diabetes treatment and energy-efficient metal sheet processing, received more than $260,000 in the most recent round of awards through the Trask Innovation Fund.
"The Trask Innovation Fund provides critical financial support to Purdue researchers who have patented a technology but need to develop a prototype or finalize research data that supports the discovery’s move to the public," said Joseph B. Hornett, senior vice president, treasurer and COO of the Purdue Research Foundation.
The 10-member Trask Innovation Advisory Council is composed of external business executives and representatives from the Purdue Research Foundation, Purdue University Office of the Vice President for Research and Purdue faculty researchers.
"The process is competitive and the recipients must demonstrate how the discovery will meet a public need, how soon the technology can be commercialized, and how the Trask funds will help the researcher advance its development," said Richard O. Buckius, Purdue's vice president for research and co-director of the Trask Advisory Council.
Project managers from the Purdue Office of Technology Commercialization collaborate with Purdue researchers to move their discoveries through the patent and commercialization process.
"One of our primary goals is to encourage and support the development of new products that have commercial potential," said Elizabeth Hart-Wells, assistant vice president of the Purdue Office of Technology Commercialization and co-director of the Trask Advisory Council. "Each of our project managers is specialized in a specific discipline, and they work directly with researchers to protect Purdue’s intellectual property, and to translate and ultimately license a new technology to appropriate industry partners."
The researchers, projects and award amounts for this round of Trask funding are:
* Paul Collodi, professor, and Ten-Tsao Wong, research associate, both in the Purdue Department of Animal Sciences, "Large-scale Production of Infertile Fish for Aquaculture and the Pet Industry," $44,233. The innovation could improve production of large aquaculture operations by preventing the release of farmed fish into the environment and the spread of invasive species. The funding will focus on how well the innovation can be applied to large-scale commercial hatchery operations.
* Edward J. Delp, professor in the Purdue School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, and Carol Boushey, University of Hawaii Cancer Center, "TADA Commercialization," $32,944. The product could help individuals collect nutritional consumption data through the mobile phone tool "Technology Assisted Dietary Assessment" or TADA. The innovation enables users to take photos of food and receive estimates of the nutrient content through their mobile phone.
* Alyssa Panitch, associate head and professor in the School of Biomedical Engineering, "Development of Proteoglycans for Treatment of Osteoarthritis," $45,203. The project is designed to suppress arthritic cartilage loss as a treatment for osteoarthritis.
* Y. Charlie Hu, professor in the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, "Critical Prototype Development of Eprof: Fine-Grained Smartphone," $50,000. The innovation could enable the development of energy-efficient apps for energy-constrained mobile devices such as smartphones.
* Jenna L. Rickus, associate professor in the Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering, "In Vivo Assessment of Biosilica Coated Cells," $50,000. The innovation could improve therapies for diseases such as Type 1 diabetes by improving the outcomes of islet transplantation and providing new methods for testing drug therapies for use by the pharmaceutical industry.
* Kevin P. Trumble, professor in the School of Materials Engineering; Srinivasan Chandrasekar, professor, School of Industrial Engineering; and Mert Efe, post-doctoral fellow, School of Materials Engineering. "Scale-up of LSEM: A Low-cost and Energy-efficient Manufacturing Process for Metal Sheets and Strips," $37,950. Large Strain Extrusion Machining (LSEM) is a patented manufacturing process capable of producing metal strips of industry standard thicknesses and lengths in a single step that reduces initial capital investments by up to 60 percent and reduces production costs by 20 percent over current technologies. The project will develop a prototype of the innovation and collect commercially relevant data.
Building a cross-cloud operational model can be a daunting task. Per-cloud silos are not the answer, but neither is a fully generic abstraction plane that strips out capabilities unique to a particular provider. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Wolf, VP & Chief Technology Officer, Global Field & Industry at VMware, will discuss how successful organizations approach cloud operations and management, with insights into where operations should be centralized and when it’s best to decentraliz...
Feb. 25, 2017 03:15 PM EST Reads: 1,860
TechTarget storage websites are the best online information resource for news, tips and expert advice for the storage, backup and disaster recovery markets. By creating abundant, high-quality editorial content across more than 140 highly targeted technology-specific websites, TechTarget attracts and nurtures communities of technology buyers researching their companies' information technology needs. By understanding these buyers' content consumption behaviors, TechTarget creates the purchase inte...
Feb. 25, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,612
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloud Academy will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloud Academy is the industry’s most innovative, vendor-neutral cloud technology training platform. Cloud Academy provides continuous learning solutions for individuals and enterprise teams for Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and the most popular cloud computing technologies. Ge...
Feb. 25, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 1,606
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Feb. 25, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 2,237
SYS-CON Events announced today that Addteq will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Addteq is one of the top 10 Platinum Atlassian Experts who specialize in DevOps, custom and continuous integration, automation, plugin development, and consulting for midsize and global firms. Addteq firmly believes that automation is essential for successful software releases. Addteq centers its products an...
Feb. 25, 2017 02:15 PM EST
Wooed by the promise of faster innovation, lower TCO, and greater agility, businesses of every shape and size have embraced the cloud at every layer of the IT stack – from apps to file sharing to infrastructure. The typical organization currently uses more than a dozen sanctioned cloud apps and will shift more than half of all workloads to the cloud by 2018. Such cloud investments have delivered measurable benefits. But they’ve also resulted in some unintended side-effects: complexity and risk. ...
Feb. 25, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,906
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry’s single source for the cloud. Fusion’s advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including cloud...
Feb. 25, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 3,958
Your homes and cars can be automated and self-serviced. Why can't your storage? From simply asking questions to analyze and troubleshoot your infrastructure, to provisioning storage with snapshots, recovery and replication, your wildest sci-fi dream has come true. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, will provide a ChatOps demo where you can talk to your storage and manage it from anywhere, through Slack and similar services ...
Feb. 25, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 1,887
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Feb. 25, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 2,161
Have you ever noticed how some IT people seem to lead successful, rewarding, and satisfying lives and careers, while others struggle? IT author and speaker Don Crawley uncovered the five principles that successful IT people use to build satisfying lives and careers and he shares them in this fast-paced, thought-provoking webinar. You'll learn the importance of striking a balance with technical skills and people skills, challenge your pre-existing ideas about IT customer service, and gain new in...
Feb. 25, 2017 12:45 PM EST Reads: 2,820
Column Technologies exhibited at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo, which took place at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, in June 2016. Established in 1998, Column Technologies is a global technology solutions provider with over 400 employees, headquartered in the United States with offices in Canada, India, and the United Kingdom. Column Technologies provides “Best of Breed” technology solutions that automate the key DevOps principals and help our customers meet today’s DevOps and Dig...
Feb. 25, 2017 12:45 PM EST Reads: 1,148
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing Cloud strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo, June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY and October 31 - November 2, 2017, Santa Clara Convention Center, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is on the right path to Digital Transformation.
Feb. 25, 2017 12:45 PM EST Reads: 2,853
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Aruna Ravichandran, vice president of DevOps Product and Solutions Marketing at CA Technologies, has been named co-conference chair of DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017. The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley will take place Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Feb. 25, 2017 12:45 PM EST Reads: 2,031
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Feb. 25, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 1,860
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ca...
Feb. 25, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 13,260