|By Marketwired .||
|January 30, 2013 04:15 PM EST||
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/30/13 -- Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM), a proven global expert in data protection and big data management, today announced the new DXi6800 Series deduplication appliance, which combines industry-leading performance, scalability and efficiency with unique "pay-as-you-grow" extensibility to deliver better overall value than the leading competitor.
The DXi6800's patented inline deduplication technology, high performance file system software, and intelligent metadata management deliver up to 16 TB/hour performance, four times that of the market leader. Incorporating 3 TB self-encrypting disk drives, the DXi6800 also provides 13-156 TB of usable capacity in a single system -- three times more scalability than the market leader while requiring just half the power and data center floor space. At a base price that includes licenses for NAS, VTL, OST, deduplication, replication, path-to-tape and DXi Accent software for hybrid deduplication, the DXi6800 offers maximum flexibility and investment protection for midrange and enterprise backup environments.
Racing Further Ahead of Deduplication Pack with Critical Advantages
- Best-in-Class Deduplication Performance: The DXi's 4x performance advantage alleviates the pressure of continually shrinking backup windows as data volumes grow.
- "Pay-as-You-Grow" Scalability: Capacity-on-demand enables the DXi6800 to provide simple and predictable data growth management with easy-to-install storage capacity.
- Smallest Footprint per TB in the Industry: 3 TB drives enable DXi6802 users to store over 3 PB in 14U of rackspace -- a 50 percent smaller footprint than the market leader, providing 50 percent power and cooling savings for lower total cost of ownership.
Delivering Key Capabilities for Enterprise Customers
- Cloud-Ready Deduplication: The DXi6800 can replicate to another DXi or to the cloud and is compatible with Quantum's Q-Cloud backup-as-a-service and disaster recovery-as-a-service.
- Redefining Enterprise Data Availability: DXi6800 integrates with and supports features like Symantec NetBackup AIR to improve restore service level agreements and reduce time to return to business in the event of a disaster. The DXi6800 also provides enterprise-class system availability with hot spare drives and new, unique features such as Dynamic Disk Pools to spread spare capacity across drives.
- Comprehensive Data Security: Data-at-rest encryption via self-encrypting drives provides high security without impacting performance, which is particularly critical for cloud-based backup and disaster recovery.
- "We selected the DXi6800 because it offers an efficient approach to deduplication, has the ability to encrypt data at rest, and has the flexibility to offer NAS, VTL and OST presentations," said D'Wayne Switzer, infrastructure manager, International Medical Group®. "The combination of scalability and capacity, along with multidirectional replication to other DXi appliances, is particularly important to growing enterprises like ours."
- "We're using the DXi-Series as the foundation of our QSafe backup, deduplication and replication service," noted Wally Lang, general manager, Hipskind Technology Solutions Group. "The DXi6800 is a cloud-ready appliance, which is perfectly suited to our highly optimized low-cost cloud-based data protection, enabling an efficient disaster recovery solution."
- "Quantum clearly aims to challenge the market leader in deduplication," said Jason Buffington, senior analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group. "Data protection will continue to be a spending priority for 2013 and was also one of the largest causes for storage expenditures in 2012. So, improving your deduplication ability will not only improve your backups, but reduce your storage expenses as well. The DXi6800's features and reported performance should put it on the short list for data centers seeking a fast and extensible deduplication solution."
- "Quantum's all-inclusive approach to software licenses combined with our highly scalable backup appliances enables our customers to maximize their data protection investment," noted Robert Clark, senior vice president, Data Protection Group, Quantum. "Customers have come to trust us to offer products like the DXi6800 that will continue to deliver value as their environments grow."
Pricing and Availability
- $110,000 MSRP for a base unit with 13 TB usable storage
- Available immediately
- To learn more about the DXi6800, visit: www.quantum.com/dxi6800
- For a SlideShare overview of the DXi6800, visit: www.quantum.com/dxi6800SlideShare
- For a Technology Brief Moving Beyond RAID - DXi and Dynamic Disk Pools, go to: www.quantum.com/DDPbrief
- To follow Quantum's Q&U blog, go to: http://blog.quantum.com
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/quantumcorp
- Add us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/quantumcorp
Quantum is a proven global expert in data protection and big data management, providing specialized storage solutions for physical, virtual and cloud environments. From small businesses to major enterprises, more than 100,000 customers have trusted Quantum to help maximize the value of their data by protecting and preserving it over its entire lifecycle. With Quantum, customers can Be Certain they're able to adapt in a changing world -- keeping more data longer, bridging from today to tomorrow, and reducing costs. See how at www.quantum.com/BeCertain.
Quantum, the Quantum logo, Be Certain, DXi, DXi Accent and Q-Cloud are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
"Safe Harbor" Statement: This press release contains "forward-looking" statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Specifically, but without limitation, statements relating to 1) customer benefits and value to customers from using DXi technology, including the DXi6800 Series deduplication appliances and 2) customer demand for and Quantum's future revenue from such technology and appliances are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Quantum on the date hereof. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Quantum's actual results to differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statements. These risks include operational difficulties, unforeseen technical limitations, unexpected changes in market conditions and unanticipated changes in customers' needs or requirements, as well as the risks set forth in Quantum's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled "Risk Factors," in Quantum's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on November 9, 2012 and Quantum's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on June 14, 2012, especially those risks listed in this section under the heading "Our operating results depend on a limited number of products and on new product introductions, which may not be successful, in which case our business, financial condition and operating results may be materially and adversely affected." Quantum expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 4, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,403
Up until last year, enterprises that were looking into cloud services usually undertook a long-term pilot with one of the large cloud providers, running test and dev workloads in the cloud. With cloud’s transition to mainstream adoption in 2015, and with enterprises migrating more and more workloads into the cloud and in between public and private environments, the single-provider approach must be revisited. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yoav Mor, multi-cloud solution evangelist at Cloudy...
May. 4, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,691
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., will focus on real world deployments of DDoS mitigation strategies in every layer of the network. He will give an overview of methods to prevent these attacks and best practices on how to provide protection in complex cloud platforms. He will also outline what we have found in our experience managing and running thousands of Linux and Unix managed service platforms and what specifically c...
May. 4, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,307
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
May. 4, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,272
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 4, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,382
The demand for organizations to expand their infrastructure to multiple IT environments like the cloud, on-premise, mobile, bring your own device (BYOD) and the Internet of Things (IoT) continues to grow. As this hybrid infrastructure increases, the challenge to monitor the security of these systems increases in volume and complexity. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty, Chief Security Evangelist at Alert Logic, will show how properly configured and managed security architecture can...
May. 4, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 399
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
May. 4, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,321
Unless you don’t use the internet, don’t live in California, or haven’t been paying attention to the recent news… you should be aware that self-driving cars are on their way to becoming a reality. I have seen them – they are real. If you believe in the future reality of self-driving cars, then continue reading on. If you don’t believe in the future possibilities, then I am not sure what to do to convince you other than discuss the very real changes that will roll out with the consumer producti...
May. 4, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 824
A critical component of any IoT project is the back-end systems that capture data from remote IoT devices and structure it in a way to answer useful questions. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle large data sets, but they are not well suited to many IoT-scale products and the need for real-time insights. At Fuze, we have developed a backend platform as part of our mobility-oriented cloud service that uses Big Data-based approache...
May. 4, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 632
The increasing popularity of the Internet of Things necessitates that our physical and cognitive relationship with wearable technology will change rapidly in the near future. This advent means logging has become a thing of the past. Before, it was on us to track our own data, but now that data is automatically available. What does this mean for mHealth and the "connected" body? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Lisa Calkins, CEO and co-founder of Amadeus Consulting, will discuss the impact of wea...
May. 4, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,177
See storage differently! Storage performance problems have only gotten worse and harder to solve as applications have become largely virtualized and moved to a cloud-based infrastructure. Storage performance in a virtualized environment is not just about IOPS, it is about how well that potential performance is guaranteed to individual VMs for these apps as the number of VMs keep going up real time. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in product and marketing at Tintri, will discu...
May. 4, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,057
Many private cloud projects were built to deliver self-service access to development and test resources. While those clouds delivered faster access to resources, they lacked visibility, control and security needed for production deployments. In their session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steve Anderson, Product Manager at BMC Software, and Rick Lefort, Principal Technical Marketing Consultant at BMC Software, will discuss how a cloud designed for production operations not only helps accelerate developer...
May. 4, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,287
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu, a leading provider of cloud hosting solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to foc...
May. 4, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,226
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 4, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,341