|By Marketwired .||
|January 30, 2013 04:15 PM EST||
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/30/13 -- Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM), a proven global expert in data protection and big data management, today announced the new DXi6800 Series deduplication appliance, which combines industry-leading performance, scalability and efficiency with unique "pay-as-you-grow" extensibility to deliver better overall value than the leading competitor.
The DXi6800's patented inline deduplication technology, high performance file system software, and intelligent metadata management deliver up to 16 TB/hour performance, four times that of the market leader. Incorporating 3 TB self-encrypting disk drives, the DXi6800 also provides 13-156 TB of usable capacity in a single system -- three times more scalability than the market leader while requiring just half the power and data center floor space. At a base price that includes licenses for NAS, VTL, OST, deduplication, replication, path-to-tape and DXi Accent software for hybrid deduplication, the DXi6800 offers maximum flexibility and investment protection for midrange and enterprise backup environments.
Racing Further Ahead of Deduplication Pack with Critical Advantages
- Best-in-Class Deduplication Performance: The DXi's 4x performance advantage alleviates the pressure of continually shrinking backup windows as data volumes grow.
- "Pay-as-You-Grow" Scalability: Capacity-on-demand enables the DXi6800 to provide simple and predictable data growth management with easy-to-install storage capacity.
- Smallest Footprint per TB in the Industry: 3 TB drives enable DXi6802 users to store over 3 PB in 14U of rackspace -- a 50 percent smaller footprint than the market leader, providing 50 percent power and cooling savings for lower total cost of ownership.
Delivering Key Capabilities for Enterprise Customers
- Cloud-Ready Deduplication: The DXi6800 can replicate to another DXi or to the cloud and is compatible with Quantum's Q-Cloud backup-as-a-service and disaster recovery-as-a-service.
- Redefining Enterprise Data Availability: DXi6800 integrates with and supports features like Symantec NetBackup AIR to improve restore service level agreements and reduce time to return to business in the event of a disaster. The DXi6800 also provides enterprise-class system availability with hot spare drives and new, unique features such as Dynamic Disk Pools to spread spare capacity across drives.
- Comprehensive Data Security: Data-at-rest encryption via self-encrypting drives provides high security without impacting performance, which is particularly critical for cloud-based backup and disaster recovery.
- "We selected the DXi6800 because it offers an efficient approach to deduplication, has the ability to encrypt data at rest, and has the flexibility to offer NAS, VTL and OST presentations," said D'Wayne Switzer, infrastructure manager, International Medical Group®. "The combination of scalability and capacity, along with multidirectional replication to other DXi appliances, is particularly important to growing enterprises like ours."
- "We're using the DXi-Series as the foundation of our QSafe backup, deduplication and replication service," noted Wally Lang, general manager, Hipskind Technology Solutions Group. "The DXi6800 is a cloud-ready appliance, which is perfectly suited to our highly optimized low-cost cloud-based data protection, enabling an efficient disaster recovery solution."
- "Quantum clearly aims to challenge the market leader in deduplication," said Jason Buffington, senior analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group. "Data protection will continue to be a spending priority for 2013 and was also one of the largest causes for storage expenditures in 2012. So, improving your deduplication ability will not only improve your backups, but reduce your storage expenses as well. The DXi6800's features and reported performance should put it on the short list for data centers seeking a fast and extensible deduplication solution."
- "Quantum's all-inclusive approach to software licenses combined with our highly scalable backup appliances enables our customers to maximize their data protection investment," noted Robert Clark, senior vice president, Data Protection Group, Quantum. "Customers have come to trust us to offer products like the DXi6800 that will continue to deliver value as their environments grow."
Pricing and Availability
- $110,000 MSRP for a base unit with 13 TB usable storage
- Available immediately
- To learn more about the DXi6800, visit: www.quantum.com/dxi6800
- For a SlideShare overview of the DXi6800, visit: www.quantum.com/dxi6800SlideShare
- For a Technology Brief Moving Beyond RAID - DXi and Dynamic Disk Pools, go to: www.quantum.com/DDPbrief
- To follow Quantum's Q&U blog, go to: http://blog.quantum.com
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/quantumcorp
- Add us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/quantumcorp
Quantum is a proven global expert in data protection and big data management, providing specialized storage solutions for physical, virtual and cloud environments. From small businesses to major enterprises, more than 100,000 customers have trusted Quantum to help maximize the value of their data by protecting and preserving it over its entire lifecycle. With Quantum, customers can Be Certain they're able to adapt in a changing world -- keeping more data longer, bridging from today to tomorrow, and reducing costs. See how at www.quantum.com/BeCertain.
Quantum, the Quantum logo, Be Certain, DXi, DXi Accent and Q-Cloud are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
"Safe Harbor" Statement: This press release contains "forward-looking" statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Specifically, but without limitation, statements relating to 1) customer benefits and value to customers from using DXi technology, including the DXi6800 Series deduplication appliances and 2) customer demand for and Quantum's future revenue from such technology and appliances are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Quantum on the date hereof. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Quantum's actual results to differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statements. These risks include operational difficulties, unforeseen technical limitations, unexpected changes in market conditions and unanticipated changes in customers' needs or requirements, as well as the risks set forth in Quantum's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled "Risk Factors," in Quantum's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on November 9, 2012 and Quantum's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on June 14, 2012, especially those risks listed in this section under the heading "Our operating results depend on a limited number of products and on new product introductions, which may not be successful, in which case our business, financial condition and operating results may be materially and adversely affected." Quantum expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Aug. 2, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,691
In their session at 17th Cloud Expo, Hal Schwartz, CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), and Chuck Paolillo, CTO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), provide a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. In his role as CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), Hal Schwartz provides leadership and direction for the company.
Aug. 2, 2015 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 158
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Aug. 2, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 169
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Aug. 1, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 666
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 1, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 491
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducte...
Aug. 1, 2015 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 337
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Aug. 1, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 523
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Aug. 1, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 463
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Aug. 1, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 185
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Aug. 1, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 218
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 327
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Aug. 1, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 396
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, analyzed a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discussed the benefits/challenges of migrating to each offe...
Aug. 1, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 143
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Aug. 1, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 193
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Aug. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 319