|By Marketwired .||
|January 30, 2013 04:15 PM EST||
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/30/13 -- Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM), a proven global expert in data protection and big data management, today announced the new DXi6800 Series deduplication appliance, which combines industry-leading performance, scalability and efficiency with unique "pay-as-you-grow" extensibility to deliver better overall value than the leading competitor.
The DXi6800's patented inline deduplication technology, high performance file system software, and intelligent metadata management deliver up to 16 TB/hour performance, four times that of the market leader. Incorporating 3 TB self-encrypting disk drives, the DXi6800 also provides 13-156 TB of usable capacity in a single system -- three times more scalability than the market leader while requiring just half the power and data center floor space. At a base price that includes licenses for NAS, VTL, OST, deduplication, replication, path-to-tape and DXi Accent software for hybrid deduplication, the DXi6800 offers maximum flexibility and investment protection for midrange and enterprise backup environments.
Racing Further Ahead of Deduplication Pack with Critical Advantages
- Best-in-Class Deduplication Performance: The DXi's 4x performance advantage alleviates the pressure of continually shrinking backup windows as data volumes grow.
- "Pay-as-You-Grow" Scalability: Capacity-on-demand enables the DXi6800 to provide simple and predictable data growth management with easy-to-install storage capacity.
- Smallest Footprint per TB in the Industry: 3 TB drives enable DXi6802 users to store over 3 PB in 14U of rackspace -- a 50 percent smaller footprint than the market leader, providing 50 percent power and cooling savings for lower total cost of ownership.
Delivering Key Capabilities for Enterprise Customers
- Cloud-Ready Deduplication: The DXi6800 can replicate to another DXi or to the cloud and is compatible with Quantum's Q-Cloud backup-as-a-service and disaster recovery-as-a-service.
- Redefining Enterprise Data Availability: DXi6800 integrates with and supports features like Symantec NetBackup AIR to improve restore service level agreements and reduce time to return to business in the event of a disaster. The DXi6800 also provides enterprise-class system availability with hot spare drives and new, unique features such as Dynamic Disk Pools to spread spare capacity across drives.
- Comprehensive Data Security: Data-at-rest encryption via self-encrypting drives provides high security without impacting performance, which is particularly critical for cloud-based backup and disaster recovery.
- "We selected the DXi6800 because it offers an efficient approach to deduplication, has the ability to encrypt data at rest, and has the flexibility to offer NAS, VTL and OST presentations," said D'Wayne Switzer, infrastructure manager, International Medical Group®. "The combination of scalability and capacity, along with multidirectional replication to other DXi appliances, is particularly important to growing enterprises like ours."
- "We're using the DXi-Series as the foundation of our QSafe backup, deduplication and replication service," noted Wally Lang, general manager, Hipskind Technology Solutions Group. "The DXi6800 is a cloud-ready appliance, which is perfectly suited to our highly optimized low-cost cloud-based data protection, enabling an efficient disaster recovery solution."
- "Quantum clearly aims to challenge the market leader in deduplication," said Jason Buffington, senior analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group. "Data protection will continue to be a spending priority for 2013 and was also one of the largest causes for storage expenditures in 2012. So, improving your deduplication ability will not only improve your backups, but reduce your storage expenses as well. The DXi6800's features and reported performance should put it on the short list for data centers seeking a fast and extensible deduplication solution."
- "Quantum's all-inclusive approach to software licenses combined with our highly scalable backup appliances enables our customers to maximize their data protection investment," noted Robert Clark, senior vice president, Data Protection Group, Quantum. "Customers have come to trust us to offer products like the DXi6800 that will continue to deliver value as their environments grow."
Pricing and Availability
- $110,000 MSRP for a base unit with 13 TB usable storage
- Available immediately
- To learn more about the DXi6800, visit: www.quantum.com/dxi6800
- For a SlideShare overview of the DXi6800, visit: www.quantum.com/dxi6800SlideShare
- For a Technology Brief Moving Beyond RAID - DXi and Dynamic Disk Pools, go to: www.quantum.com/DDPbrief
- To follow Quantum's Q&U blog, go to: http://blog.quantum.com
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/quantumcorp
- Add us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/quantumcorp
Quantum is a proven global expert in data protection and big data management, providing specialized storage solutions for physical, virtual and cloud environments. From small businesses to major enterprises, more than 100,000 customers have trusted Quantum to help maximize the value of their data by protecting and preserving it over its entire lifecycle. With Quantum, customers can Be Certain they're able to adapt in a changing world -- keeping more data longer, bridging from today to tomorrow, and reducing costs. See how at www.quantum.com/BeCertain.
Quantum, the Quantum logo, Be Certain, DXi, DXi Accent and Q-Cloud are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
"Safe Harbor" Statement: This press release contains "forward-looking" statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Specifically, but without limitation, statements relating to 1) customer benefits and value to customers from using DXi technology, including the DXi6800 Series deduplication appliances and 2) customer demand for and Quantum's future revenue from such technology and appliances are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Quantum on the date hereof. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Quantum's actual results to differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statements. These risks include operational difficulties, unforeseen technical limitations, unexpected changes in market conditions and unanticipated changes in customers' needs or requirements, as well as the risks set forth in Quantum's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled "Risk Factors," in Quantum's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on November 9, 2012 and Quantum's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on June 14, 2012, especially those risks listed in this section under the heading "Our operating results depend on a limited number of products and on new product introductions, which may not be successful, in which case our business, financial condition and operating results may be materially and adversely affected." Quantum expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
DevOps tends to focus on the relationship between Dev and Ops, putting an emphasis on the ops and application infrastructure. But that’s changing with microservices architectures. In her session at DevOps Summit, Lori MacVittie, Evangelist for F5 Networks, will focus on how microservices are changing the underlying architectures needed to scale, secure and deliver applications based on highly distributed (micro) services and why that means an expansion into “the network” for DevOps.
Jan. 19, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 5,242
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus o...
Jan. 19, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 4,231
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jan. 19, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 6,317
Providing secure, mobile access to sensitive data sets is a critical element in realizing the full potential of cloud computing. However, large data caches remain inaccessible to edge devices for reasons of security, size, format or limited viewing capabilities. Medical imaging, computer aided design and seismic interpretation are just a few examples of industries facing this challenge. Rather than fighting for incremental gains by pulling these datasets to edge devices, we need to embrace the i...
Jan. 19, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 3,630
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Jan. 19, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 3,107
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Jan. 19, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,311
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 19, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 3,757
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Jan. 19, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 3,476
"We're bringing out a new application monitoring system to the DevOps space. It manages large enterprise applications that are distributed throughout a node in many enterprises and we manage them as one collective," explained Kevin Barnes, President of eCube Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 19, 2017 04:15 PM EST Reads: 5,408
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Jan. 19, 2017 04:00 PM EST Reads: 5,434
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint, a leading digital experience intelligence company, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint Systems is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into your customer-critical services to help you consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed for digital business, C...
Jan. 19, 2017 03:45 PM EST Reads: 1,796
A look across the tech landscape at the disruptive technologies that are increasing in prominence and speculate as to which will be most impactful for communications – namely, AI and Cloud Computing. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Curtis Peterson, VP of Operations at RingCentral, will highlight the current challenges of these transformative technologies and share strategies for preparing your organization for these changes. This “view from the top” will outline the latest trends and developm...
Jan. 19, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 1,040
When you focus on a journey from up-close, you look at your own technical and cultural history and how you changed it for the benefit of the customer. This was our starting point: too many integration issues, 13 SWP days and very long cycles. It was evident that in this fast-paced industry we could no longer afford this reality. We needed something that would take us beyond reducing the development lifecycles, CI and Agile methodologies. We made a fundamental difference, even changed our culture...
Jan. 19, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 1,063
@ThingsExpo has been named the ‘Top WebRTC Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @ThingsExpo ranked as the number one ‘WebRTC Influencer' followed by @DevOpsSummit at 55th.
Jan. 19, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 4,788
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 19, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 5,165