|By Marketwired .||
|January 31, 2013 05:58 PM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/31/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Customers across the world continue to select and deploy Oracle Fusion Human Capital Management (HCM), contributing to rapid adoption of the solution in the Oracle Cloud.
- Prominent companies who have recently chosen Oracle Fusion HCM include Brightcove, Newfield and Travelzoo.
- Joining others like Gerson Lehrman Group, notable customers who have recently gone live include CSS International and Drivestream, who are using Oracle HCM Cloud Service.
- eVerge Group represents one of many customers using Oracle Fusion Global Payroll and Oracle Fusion Global Payroll Interface to enable compliant payroll around the world, in multiple currencies and languages.
- This continued rapid adoption underscores Oracle's leadership in delivering next generation HCM, including HCM cloud services, to help transform HR into a strategic contributor to the changing business landscape.
- A part of the Oracle Cloud, Oracle HCM Cloud Service offers the advantages customers expect from SaaS (software as a service), without the limitations of niche solutions. It delivers the power of Oracle Fusion Applications in a simple subscription pricing model -- with no hardware to buy and no software to support.
- "We selected and successfully deployed Oracle HCM Cloud Service for global core HR -- including Network@Work, talent management, and business intelligence," said Kirk King, CEO, CSS International. "We believe this is the best solution to help us take our HR operations to the next level, where HR can significantly contribute to our underlying business goals. We've also seen cost savings attributed to the SaaS deployment."
- "As a global professional services company, our people are our product. Our extensive goal setting and review process helps us attract, retain and grow our people. Oracle studied our process and showed us exactly how Oracle Fusion Performance Management could automate our cumbersome paper process," said Jason Lindenberg, CIO, Drivestream. "Oracle HCM Cloud Service is helping to provide us a single, consistent multi-country HCM solution, and in turn we are using our expertise to help other organizations transform their own operations with Oracle HCM Cloud Service."
- "With the implementation of Oracle Fusion HCM, eVerge Group has been able to replace three disparate systems and external service providers previously required to support all HR and payroll activities," said Bob Moser, Senior Director, Fusion HCM Applications practice, eVerge Group. "We now have an enterprise-wide unified system that enables us to manage our HR and payroll processes seamlessly. And since we subscribe to Oracle's cloud-based offering, they take care of the maintenance and upgrades."
Drivestream and eVerge are Platinum level members in Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN).
- Oracle Fusion Applications
- Oracle Fusion HCM
- Oracle HCM Cloud Service
- Oracle Cloud
- Oracle Human Capital Management Blog
- Oracle HCM on Twitter
- Oracle HCM on Facebook
Oracle Cloud Solutions
Oracle provides the industry's broadest and most complete portfolio of public, private and hybrid cloud offerings. Oracle Cloud delivers a broad suite of subscription-based, enterprise-grade Application Services, Platform Services, Infrastructure Services and Social Services. Oracle also provides a comprehensive portfolio of cloud products and managed cloud services for IT providers to build and manage clouds.
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve your existing applications investments. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises ar...
Jul. 3, 2015 01:45 PM EDT
Overgrown applications have given way to modular applications, driven by the need to break larger problems into smaller problems. Similarly large monolithic development processes have been forced to be broken into smaller agile development cycles. Looking at trends in software development, microservices architectures meet the same demands. Additional benefits of microservices architectures are compartmentalization and a limited impact of service failure versus a complete software malfunction. ...
Jul. 3, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,100
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect t...
Jul. 3, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,354
"We provide a web application framework for building really sophisticated web applications that run on a browser without any installation need so we get used for biotech, defense, and banking applications," noted Charles Kendrick, CTO and Chief Architect at Isomorphic Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit (http://DevOpsSummit.SYS-CON.com), held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York
Jul. 3, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,235
SYS-CON Events announced today that Secure Infrastructure & Services will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS) is a managed services provider of cloud computing solutions for the IBM Power Systems market. The company helps mid-market firms built on IBM hardware platforms to deploy new levels of reliable and cost-effective computing and hig...
Jul. 3, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 363
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world...
Jul. 3, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,349
In the midst of the widespread popularity and adoption of cloud computing, it seems like everything is being offered “as a Service” these days: Infrastructure? Check. Platform? You bet. Software? Absolutely. Toaster? It’s only a matter of time. With service providers positioning vastly differing offerings under a generic “cloud” umbrella, it’s all too easy to get confused about what’s actually being offered. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Kevin Hazard, Director of Digital Content for SoftL...
Jul. 3, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,309
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, will explore the IoT cloud-based platform technologies drivi...
Jul. 3, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,205
"What Dyn is able to do with our Internet performance and our Internet intelligence is give companies visibility into what is actually going on in that cloud," noted Corey Hamilton, Product Marketing Manager at Dyn, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 3, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 827
Containers have changed the mind of IT in DevOps. They enable developers to work with dev, test, stage and production environments identically. Containers provide the right abstraction for microservices and many cloud platforms have integrated them into deployment pipelines. DevOps and Containers together help companies to achieve their business goals faster and more effectively. In his session at DevOps Summit, Ruslan Synytsky, CEO and Co-founder of Jelastic, reviewed the current landscape of...
Jul. 3, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,371
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Jul. 3, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 953
Agile, which started in the development organization, has gradually expanded into other areas downstream - namely IT and Operations. Teams – then teams of teams – have streamlined processes, improved feedback loops and driven a much faster pace into IT departments which have had profound effects on the entire organization. In his session at DevOps Summit, Anders Wallgren, Chief Technology Officer of Electric Cloud, will discuss how DevOps and Continuous Delivery have emerged to help connect dev...
Jul. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,104
IT data is typically silo'd by the various tools in place. Unifying all the log, metric and event data in one analytics platform stops finger pointing and provides the end-to-end correlation. Logs, metrics and custom event data can be joined to tell the holistic story of your software and operations. For example, users can correlate code deploys to system performance to application error codes. In his session at DevOps Summit, Michael Demmer, VP of Engineering at Jut, will discuss how this can...
Jul. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 669
The last decade was about virtual machines, but the next one is about containers. Containers enable a service to run on any host at any time. Traditional tools are starting to show cracks because they were not designed for this level of application portability. Now is the time to look at new ways to deploy and manage applications at scale. In his session at @DevOpsSummit, Brian “Redbeard” Harrington, a principal architect at CoreOS, will examine how CoreOS helps teams run in production. Attende...
Jul. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 736
Containers are revolutionizing the way we deploy and maintain our infrastructures, but monitoring and troubleshooting in a containerized environment can still be painful and impractical. Understanding even basic resource usage is difficult – let alone tracking network connections or malicious activity. In his session at DevOps Summit, Gianluca Borello, Sr. Software Engineer at Sysdig, will cover the current state of the art for container monitoring and visibility, including pros / cons and liv...
Jul. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 755