|By Business Wire||
|February 6, 2013 05:00 AM EST||
Comptel Corporation (NASDAQ OMX Helsinki: CTL1V) today announced that it has completed interoperability testing with Procera Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: PKT). The companies’ joint, real-time policy control and charging solution, which consists of Comptel Policy Control and Procera’s PacketLogic Subscriber Manager and PacketLogic Real-Time Enforcement (PRE), enables communications service providers (CSP) to offer, manage and monetise advanced data services, while optimising network usage, improving the overall customer experience.
- Comptel Policy Control gives CSPs the levers they need to transform their technology investments into profitable new business—it helps them combine sophisticated charging rules for multi-vendor 3G, LTE, WiMAX, fixed and cable networks with the real-time application of network and business policy. Based on the proven Comptel Control and Charge platform, it supports a number of use cases including subscription redirection, fair usage, time-, location- and URL-based policy, parental controls and roaming.
The interoperability test demonstrated how policy and charging rules
managed by Comptel Policy Control could be enforced in Procera’s PRE
product based on the real-time inspection of network traffic. The
fully integrated, 3GPP-compliant solution provides:
- Faster time-to-market with Comptel Policy and Charging Rules Function (PCRF) and Procera Policy and Charging Enforcement Function (PCEF) with DPI functionalities;
- Flexibility in supported industry-standard interfaces for policy control via Gx. The Gx interface provides transfer of policy and charging rules from PCRF to PCEF; and
- An extensible offering with comprehensive tools that go beyond control and monetisation of data servers.
- “This collaboration has enhanced Comptel’s and Procera’s ability to support CSPs challenged by the global data explosion,” said Antti Koskela, CTO, Comptel. “The integrated, real-time policy control and charging solution offers the flexibility and data granularity operators require to manage service usage easily and optimise their networks efficiently. Not only that, it leaves CSPs well-positioned to enhance the customer experience and capitalise on service monetisation and other business opportunities.”
- “Network operators are investing heavily in policy-based services,” said Cam Cullen, vice president of global marketing, Procera. “Joint solutions from Procera and Comptel enable differentiated services and new pricing models that operators can offer to compete more effectively in today’s sensitive broadband market.”
- Comptel will be attending Mobile World Congress, taking place 25-28 February 2013 in Barcelona. Visit Comptel’s booth (Hall 6, Stand 6C30) during the conference, or please contact [email protected] or visit the company’s microsite in advance to schedule a meeting.
- For more information about Comptel, visit www.comptel.com. Learn more about the company’s Customer Engagement solutions, including its integrated policy control and charging platform.
- Connect with Comptel on its blog, Compelling Conversations on OSS, and on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. Also visit the company’s Vimeo and YouTube channels.
Comptel, OSS, customer engagement, policy control, charging, Procera, real-time, PCRF, CSPs, customer experience, monetisation, optimisation, data explosion, PCEF, fair usage, parental controls, roaming
About Comptel Corporation
Since 1986, Comptel has helped more than 290 service providers across 86 countries meet over one billion subscribers’ communications and infotainment needs. Comptel’s solutions are built on an event – analysis – action strategic framework that leverages the company’s strengths in event data processing and advanced predictive analytics to enable real-time action. Comptel’s service fulfillment, mediation, charging and policy control, and predictive social analytics products with implementation and professional services enable service providers to enhance customer engagement and, in turn, create revenue, reduce costs and lessen churn. Comptel has a global team of over 600 professionals, and net sales were EUR 77 million in 2011. For more information, visit www.comptel.com.
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Aug. 1, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 662
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Aug. 1, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 157
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 1, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 483
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducte...
Aug. 1, 2015 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 328
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Aug. 1, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 519
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Aug. 1, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 455
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Aug. 1, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 181
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Aug. 1, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 215
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 296
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Aug. 1, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 394
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, analyzed a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discussed the benefits/challenges of migrating to each offe...
Aug. 1, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 141
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Aug. 1, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 189
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Aug. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 313
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Aug. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,689
Learn how to solve the problem of keeping files in sync between multiple Docker containers. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Aaron Brongersma, Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Modulus, discussed using rsync, GlusterFS, EBS and Bit Torrent Sync. He broke down the tools that are needed to help create a seamless user experience. In the end, can we have an environment where we can easily move Docker containers, servers, and volumes without impacting our applications? He shared his results so yo...
Jul. 31, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 790