|By Business Wire||
|February 6, 2013 05:00 AM EST||
Comptel Corporation (NASDAQ OMX Helsinki: CTL1V) today announced that it has completed interoperability testing with Procera Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: PKT). The companies’ joint, real-time policy control and charging solution, which consists of Comptel Policy Control and Procera’s PacketLogic Subscriber Manager and PacketLogic Real-Time Enforcement (PRE), enables communications service providers (CSP) to offer, manage and monetise advanced data services, while optimising network usage, improving the overall customer experience.
- Comptel Policy Control gives CSPs the levers they need to transform their technology investments into profitable new business—it helps them combine sophisticated charging rules for multi-vendor 3G, LTE, WiMAX, fixed and cable networks with the real-time application of network and business policy. Based on the proven Comptel Control and Charge platform, it supports a number of use cases including subscription redirection, fair usage, time-, location- and URL-based policy, parental controls and roaming.
The interoperability test demonstrated how policy and charging rules
managed by Comptel Policy Control could be enforced in Procera’s PRE
product based on the real-time inspection of network traffic. The
fully integrated, 3GPP-compliant solution provides:
- Faster time-to-market with Comptel Policy and Charging Rules Function (PCRF) and Procera Policy and Charging Enforcement Function (PCEF) with DPI functionalities;
- Flexibility in supported industry-standard interfaces for policy control via Gx. The Gx interface provides transfer of policy and charging rules from PCRF to PCEF; and
- An extensible offering with comprehensive tools that go beyond control and monetisation of data servers.
- “This collaboration has enhanced Comptel’s and Procera’s ability to support CSPs challenged by the global data explosion,” said Antti Koskela, CTO, Comptel. “The integrated, real-time policy control and charging solution offers the flexibility and data granularity operators require to manage service usage easily and optimise their networks efficiently. Not only that, it leaves CSPs well-positioned to enhance the customer experience and capitalise on service monetisation and other business opportunities.”
- “Network operators are investing heavily in policy-based services,” said Cam Cullen, vice president of global marketing, Procera. “Joint solutions from Procera and Comptel enable differentiated services and new pricing models that operators can offer to compete more effectively in today’s sensitive broadband market.”
- Comptel will be attending Mobile World Congress, taking place 25-28 February 2013 in Barcelona. Visit Comptel’s booth (Hall 6, Stand 6C30) during the conference, or please contact [email protected] or visit the company’s microsite in advance to schedule a meeting.
- For more information about Comptel, visit www.comptel.com. Learn more about the company’s Customer Engagement solutions, including its integrated policy control and charging platform.
- Connect with Comptel on its blog, Compelling Conversations on OSS, and on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. Also visit the company’s Vimeo and YouTube channels.
Comptel, OSS, customer engagement, policy control, charging, Procera, real-time, PCRF, CSPs, customer experience, monetisation, optimisation, data explosion, PCEF, fair usage, parental controls, roaming
About Comptel Corporation
Since 1986, Comptel has helped more than 290 service providers across 86 countries meet over one billion subscribers’ communications and infotainment needs. Comptel’s solutions are built on an event – analysis – action strategic framework that leverages the company’s strengths in event data processing and advanced predictive analytics to enable real-time action. Comptel’s service fulfillment, mediation, charging and policy control, and predictive social analytics products with implementation and professional services enable service providers to enhance customer engagement and, in turn, create revenue, reduce costs and lessen churn. Comptel has a global team of over 600 professionals, and net sales were EUR 77 million in 2011. For more information, visit www.comptel.com.
Continuous testing helps bridge the gap between developing quickly and maintaining high quality products. But to implement continuous testing, CTOs must take a strategic approach to building a testing infrastructure and toolset that empowers their team to move fast. Download our guide to laying the groundwork for a scalable continuous testing strategy.
Jul. 23, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,800
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jul. 23, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,631
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,007
CenturyLink has announced that application server solutions from GENBAND are now available as part of CenturyLink’s Networx contracts. The General Services Administration (GSA)’s Networx program includes the largest telecommunications contract vehicles ever awarded by the federal government. CenturyLink recently secured an extension through spring 2020 of its offerings available to federal government agencies via GSA’s Networx Universal and Enterprise contracts. GENBAND’s EXPERiUS™ Application...
Jul. 23, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,761
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 23, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,401
Big Data engines are powering a lot of service businesses right now. Data is collected from users from wearable technologies, web behaviors, purchase behavior as well as several arbitrary data points we’d never think of. The demand for faster and bigger engines to crunch and serve up the data to services is growing exponentially. You see a LOT of correlation between “Cloud” and “Big Data” but on Big Data and “Hybrid,” where hybrid hosting is the sanest approach to the Big Data Infrastructure pro...
Jul. 23, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,771
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., and Logan Best, Infrastructure & Network Engineer at Webair, focused on real world deployments of DDoS mitigation strategies in every layer of the network. He gave an overview of methods to prevent these attacks and best practices on how to provide protection in complex cloud platforms. He also outlined what we have found in our experience managing and running thousands of Linux and Unix ...
Jul. 23, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,653
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Jul. 23, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,860
We all know the latest numbers: Gartner, Inc. forecasts that 6.4 billion connected things will be in use worldwide in 2016, up 30 percent from last year, and will reach 20.8 billion by 2020. We're rapidly approaching a data production of 40 zettabytes a day – more than we can every physically store, and exabytes and yottabytes are just around the corner. For many that’s a good sign, as data has been proven to equal money – IF it’s ingested, integrated, and analyzed fast enough. Without real-ti...
Jul. 23, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 837
"We view the cloud not really as a specific technology but as a way of doing business and that way of doing business is transforming the way software, infrastructure and services are being delivered to business," explained Matthew Rosen, CEO and Director at Fusion, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,423
"Software-defined storage is a big problem in this industry because so many people have different definitions as they see fit to use it," stated Peter McCallum, VP of Datacenter Solutions at FalconStor Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,337
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Jul. 23, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 772
With 15% of enterprises adopting a hybrid IT strategy, you need to set a plan to integrate hybrid cloud throughout your infrastructure. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steven Dreher, Director of Solutions Architecture at Green House Data, discussed how to plan for shifting resource requirements, overcome challenges, and implement hybrid IT alongside your existing data center assets. Highlights included anticipating workload, cost and resource calculations, integrating services on both sides...
Jul. 23, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,874
"We are a well-established player in the application life cycle management market and we also have a very strong version control product," stated Flint Brenton, CEO of CollabNet,, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,709
"We provide DevOps solutions. We also partner with some key players in the DevOps space and we use the technology that we partner with to engineer custom solutions for different organizations," stated Himanshu Chhetri, CTO of Addteq, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,531