|By Business Wire||
|February 6, 2013 09:06 AM EST||
WSO2 today announced it will lead 26 in-depth presentations for IT architects, developers and administrators in conjunction with WSO2Con 2013, WSO2’s third user conference. The WSO2 keynotes, conference sessions, and pre-conference tutorials will explore enabling technologies and best practices for implementing a service-oriented architecture (SOA), cloud computing, API management, mobile integration, and analytics, among others. Leading the sessions are the same senior technical experts who deliver WSO2's professional consulting, design and training—providing attendees with first-hand, real-world knowledge.
WSO2Con 2013 will be held February 12-14, 2013 at the Park Plaza, Victoria in London, and it will be joined by a live stream event from the Cinnamon Lakeside in Colombo, Sri Lanka. In addition to the WSO2-led sessions, the event also features 16 guest presentations by customers, researchers, systems integrators, and other third-party solution providers, who will address enterprise IT professionals’ top cloud, application and integration priorities. For more information, visit http://wso2con.com.
WSO2 to Address Top Enterprise IT Priorities
WSO2 speakers at WSO2Con 2013 represent some of the leading innovators in SOA, Web services, open source, big data, cloud, and mobile technologies. These experts will share their insights in presentations across a number of the conference’s keynote and technology and industry tracks. Details of the full agenda are available at http://wso2con.com/agenda. Sessions include:
- Keynote: Reinventing Enterprise IT Around APIs and Apps, Dr. Sanjiva Weerawarana, WSO2 founder and CEO
- Keynote: The New IT - Your Milestone Plan, Paul Fremantle, WSO2 co-founder and CTO
- Promoting Service Re-use with the WSO2 API Management Platform, Chris Haddad, WSO2 vice president of technology evangelism
- Raspberry Pi - WSO2 Style, Afkham Azeez, WSO2 director of architecture; Lakmal Warusawithana, WSO2 software architect; and Sumedha Rubasinghe, WSO2 software architect
- WSO2 Carbon Product Performance and Deployment Topology Sizing, Asanka Abeysinghe, WSO2 director of solutions architecture
- Achieving Agility with WSO2 App Factory, Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar, WSO2 director of cloud solutions
- WSO2 Architecture Vision: Looking Ahead to Carbon 5 and Stratos 2 and Beyond, Afkham Azeez, WSO2 director of architecture
- Sharpening the Spearpoint: Empowering the Edge Through SOA, Adam Firestone, WSO2 director of defense and government solutions
- Enterprise Identity Management and Security: Patterns and Practices, Prabath Siriwardena, WSO2 senior software architect
- Scalable Persistent Message Brokering with WSO2 Message Broker, Dr. Srinath Perera, WSO2 senior software architect
- Expanding your Business with APIs, Sumedha Rubasinghe, WSO2 software architect
- WSO2 Carbon 4.0.0 Kernel Design and Architecture, Sameera Jayasoma, WSO2 senior technical lead
- Integrating People to Workflows and Applications with Human Tasks, Nandika Jayawardana, WSO2 senior technical lead
- Running Operations for Carbon and Stratos, Chamith Kumarage, WSO2 associate technical lead
- Enabling a Data-driven Agile Business, Tharindu Mathew, WSO2 associate technical lead
- Birds of a Feather - WSO2 Partner Program, Jonathan Marsh, WSO2 vice president of business development and product design
- Birds of a Feather - WSO2 Carbon, Pradeep Fernando, WSO2 senior software engineer
- Birds of a Feather - WSO2 Stratos, Damitha Kumarage, WSO2 senior technical lead
- Developing Enterprise Applications with the WSO2 Application Platform, Nuwan Bandara, WSO2 associate technical lead, and Anjana Fernando, WSO2 associate technical lead
- Introducing the WSO2 Enterprise Integration Platform, Miyuru Wanninayaka, WSO2 senior software engineer
- Enterprise Governance with WSO2 Governance Registry and More, Senaka Fernando,
Pre-Conference Tutorials Extend WSO2Con Experience
WSO2Con 2013 will feature two half-day tutorial events that take a deeper exploration into technology best practices using WSO2’s cloud and enterprise middleware platforms. Attendees can register for the tutorial days separately or as part of a complete WSO2Con event package. The half-day tutorials will be held on February 7, in Colombo and on February 12, in London, and each will feature the following sessions:
- WSO2 Enterprise Integration Platform: ESB and More, Paul Fremantle, WSO2 co-founder and CTO, and Kasun Indrasiri, WSO2 associate technical lead
- API Management 101, Sumedha Rubasinghe, WSO2 software architect, and Sanjeewa Malalgoda, WSO2 software engineer
- Governance from Soup to Nuts, Isabelle Mauny, director of product management, and Senaka Fernando, WSO2 technical lead
- Enterprise Security & Identity Management with WSO2 Identity Server, Prabath Siriwardena, WSO2 senior software architect, and Hasini Gunasinghe, WSO2 senior software engineer
- Private PaaS for the Enterprise: WSO2 Stratos & WSO2 App Factory, Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar, WSO2 director of cloud solutions, and Amila Maha Arachchi, WSO2 technical lead
- Building Composite Enterprise Applications with WSO2 Developer Studio, Samisa Abeysinghe, WSO2 vice president of engineering, and Harshana Martin, senior software engineer
WSO2 is the lean enterprise middleware company. It delivers the only complete open source enterprise SOA middleware stack purpose-built as an integrated platform to support today’s heterogeneous enterprise environments—internally and in the cloud. WSO2’s service and support team is led by technical experts who have proven success in deploying enterprise SOAs and contribute to the technology standards that enable them. For more information, visit http://wso2.com, or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and FriendFeed.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Is your aging software platform suffering from technical debt while the market changes and demands new solutions at a faster clip? It’s a bold move, but you might consider walking away from your core platform and starting fresh. ReadyTalk did exactly that. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and over a decade of audio conferencing product development to start an innovati...
Sep. 27, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,024
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Sep. 27, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,219
The Jevons Paradox suggests that when technological advances increase efficiency of a resource, it results in an overall increase in consumption. Writing on the increased use of coal as a result of technological improvements, 19th-century economist William Stanley Jevons found that these improvements led to the development of new ways to utilize coal. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Thiele, Chief Strategy Officer for Apcera, will compare the Jevons Paradox to modern-day enterprise IT, e...
Sep. 27, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,140
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Sep. 27, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 429
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Sep. 27, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,849
Whether they’re located in a public, private, or hybrid cloud environment, cloud technologies are constantly evolving. While the innovation is exciting, the end mission of delivering business value and rapidly producing incremental product features is paramount. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Kiran Chitturi, CTO Architect at Sungard AS, will discuss DevOps culture, its evolution of frameworks and technologies, and how it is achieving maturity. He will also cover various st...
Sep. 27, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,810
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Sep. 27, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,562
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate a...
Sep. 27, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,193
SYS-CON Events announced today that Niagara Networks will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Sep. 27, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 382
SYS-CON Events announced today that Secure Channels will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The bedrock of Secure Channels Technology is a uniquely modified and enhanced process based on superencipherment. Superencipherment is the process of encrypting an already encrypted message one or more times, either using the same or a different algorithm.
Sep. 27, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,696
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Sep. 27, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,658
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, provided tips on how to be successful in large scale machine learning...
Sep. 27, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,014
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Sep. 27, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,766
If you had a chance to enter on the ground level of the largest e-commerce market in the world – would you? China is the world’s most populated country with the second largest economy and the world’s fastest growing market. It is estimated that by 2018 the Chinese market will be reaching over $30 billion in gaming revenue alone. Admittedly for a foreign company, doing business in China can be challenging. Often changing laws, administrative regulations and the often inscrutable Chinese Interne...
Sep. 27, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 304
Enterprise IT has been in the era of Hybrid Cloud for some time now. But it seems most conversations about Hybrid are focused on integrating AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google ECM into existing on-premises systems. Where is all the Private Cloud? What do technology providers need to do to make their offerings more compelling? How should enterprise IT executives and buyers define their focus, needs, and roadmap, and communicate that clearly to the providers?
Sep. 27, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,598