|By Business Wire||
|February 6, 2013 09:06 AM EST||
WSO2 today announced it will lead 26 in-depth presentations for IT architects, developers and administrators in conjunction with WSO2Con 2013, WSO2’s third user conference. The WSO2 keynotes, conference sessions, and pre-conference tutorials will explore enabling technologies and best practices for implementing a service-oriented architecture (SOA), cloud computing, API management, mobile integration, and analytics, among others. Leading the sessions are the same senior technical experts who deliver WSO2's professional consulting, design and training—providing attendees with first-hand, real-world knowledge.
WSO2Con 2013 will be held February 12-14, 2013 at the Park Plaza, Victoria in London, and it will be joined by a live stream event from the Cinnamon Lakeside in Colombo, Sri Lanka. In addition to the WSO2-led sessions, the event also features 16 guest presentations by customers, researchers, systems integrators, and other third-party solution providers, who will address enterprise IT professionals’ top cloud, application and integration priorities. For more information, visit http://wso2con.com.
WSO2 to Address Top Enterprise IT Priorities
WSO2 speakers at WSO2Con 2013 represent some of the leading innovators in SOA, Web services, open source, big data, cloud, and mobile technologies. These experts will share their insights in presentations across a number of the conference’s keynote and technology and industry tracks. Details of the full agenda are available at http://wso2con.com/agenda. Sessions include:
- Keynote: Reinventing Enterprise IT Around APIs and Apps, Dr. Sanjiva Weerawarana, WSO2 founder and CEO
- Keynote: The New IT - Your Milestone Plan, Paul Fremantle, WSO2 co-founder and CTO
- Promoting Service Re-use with the WSO2 API Management Platform, Chris Haddad, WSO2 vice president of technology evangelism
- Raspberry Pi - WSO2 Style, Afkham Azeez, WSO2 director of architecture; Lakmal Warusawithana, WSO2 software architect; and Sumedha Rubasinghe, WSO2 software architect
- WSO2 Carbon Product Performance and Deployment Topology Sizing, Asanka Abeysinghe, WSO2 director of solutions architecture
- Achieving Agility with WSO2 App Factory, Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar, WSO2 director of cloud solutions
- WSO2 Architecture Vision: Looking Ahead to Carbon 5 and Stratos 2 and Beyond, Afkham Azeez, WSO2 director of architecture
- Sharpening the Spearpoint: Empowering the Edge Through SOA, Adam Firestone, WSO2 director of defense and government solutions
- Enterprise Identity Management and Security: Patterns and Practices, Prabath Siriwardena, WSO2 senior software architect
- Scalable Persistent Message Brokering with WSO2 Message Broker, Dr. Srinath Perera, WSO2 senior software architect
- Expanding your Business with APIs, Sumedha Rubasinghe, WSO2 software architect
- WSO2 Carbon 4.0.0 Kernel Design and Architecture, Sameera Jayasoma, WSO2 senior technical lead
- Integrating People to Workflows and Applications with Human Tasks, Nandika Jayawardana, WSO2 senior technical lead
- Running Operations for Carbon and Stratos, Chamith Kumarage, WSO2 associate technical lead
- Enabling a Data-driven Agile Business, Tharindu Mathew, WSO2 associate technical lead
- Birds of a Feather - WSO2 Partner Program, Jonathan Marsh, WSO2 vice president of business development and product design
- Birds of a Feather - WSO2 Carbon, Pradeep Fernando, WSO2 senior software engineer
- Birds of a Feather - WSO2 Stratos, Damitha Kumarage, WSO2 senior technical lead
- Developing Enterprise Applications with the WSO2 Application Platform, Nuwan Bandara, WSO2 associate technical lead, and Anjana Fernando, WSO2 associate technical lead
- Introducing the WSO2 Enterprise Integration Platform, Miyuru Wanninayaka, WSO2 senior software engineer
- Enterprise Governance with WSO2 Governance Registry and More, Senaka Fernando,
Pre-Conference Tutorials Extend WSO2Con Experience
WSO2Con 2013 will feature two half-day tutorial events that take a deeper exploration into technology best practices using WSO2’s cloud and enterprise middleware platforms. Attendees can register for the tutorial days separately or as part of a complete WSO2Con event package. The half-day tutorials will be held on February 7, in Colombo and on February 12, in London, and each will feature the following sessions:
- WSO2 Enterprise Integration Platform: ESB and More, Paul Fremantle, WSO2 co-founder and CTO, and Kasun Indrasiri, WSO2 associate technical lead
- API Management 101, Sumedha Rubasinghe, WSO2 software architect, and Sanjeewa Malalgoda, WSO2 software engineer
- Governance from Soup to Nuts, Isabelle Mauny, director of product management, and Senaka Fernando, WSO2 technical lead
- Enterprise Security & Identity Management with WSO2 Identity Server, Prabath Siriwardena, WSO2 senior software architect, and Hasini Gunasinghe, WSO2 senior software engineer
- Private PaaS for the Enterprise: WSO2 Stratos & WSO2 App Factory, Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar, WSO2 director of cloud solutions, and Amila Maha Arachchi, WSO2 technical lead
- Building Composite Enterprise Applications with WSO2 Developer Studio, Samisa Abeysinghe, WSO2 vice president of engineering, and Harshana Martin, senior software engineer
WSO2 is the lean enterprise middleware company. It delivers the only complete open source enterprise SOA middleware stack purpose-built as an integrated platform to support today’s heterogeneous enterprise environments—internally and in the cloud. WSO2’s service and support team is led by technical experts who have proven success in deploying enterprise SOAs and contribute to the technology standards that enable them. For more information, visit http://wso2.com, or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and FriendFeed.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Akana has announced the availability of the new Akana Healthcare Solution. The API-driven solution helps healthcare organizations accelerate their transition to being secure, digitally interoperable businesses. It leverages the Health Level Seven International Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (HL7 FHIR) standard to enable broader business use of medical data. Akana developed the Healthcare Solution in response to healthcare businesses that want to increase electronic, multi-device acce...
Sep. 3, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 311
Containers are not new, but renewed commitments to performance, flexibility, and agility have propelled them to the top of the agenda today. By working without the need for virtualization and its overhead, containers are seen as the perfect way to deploy apps and services across multiple clouds. Containers can handle anything from file types to operating systems and services, including microservices. What are microservices? Unlike what the name implies, microservices are not necessarily small,...
Sep. 3, 2015 08:00 AM EDT
The Internet of Things is in the early stages of mainstream deployment but it promises to unlock value and rapidly transform how organizations manage, operationalize, and monetize their assets. IoT is a complex structure of hardware, sensors, applications, analytics and devices that need to be able to communicate geographically and across all functions. Once the data is collected from numerous endpoints, the challenge then becomes converting it into actionable insight.
Sep. 3, 2015 07:45 AM EDT
Red Hat is investing in Tesora, the number one contributor to OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) also ranked among the top 20 companies contributing to OpenStack overall. Tesora, the company bringing OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) to the enterprise, has announced that Red Hat and others have invested in the company as a part of Tesora's latest funding round. The funding agreement expands on the ongoing collaboration between Tesora and Red Hat, which dates back to Febr...
Sep. 3, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 414
ElasticBox, the agile application delivery manager, announced freely available public boxes for the DevOps community. ElasticBox works with enterprises to help them deploy any application to any cloud. Public boxes are curated reference boxes that represent some of the most popular applications and tools for orchestrating deployments at scale. Boxes are an adaptive way to represent reusable infrastructure as components of code. Boxes contain scripts, variables, and metadata to automate proces...
Sep. 3, 2015 07:30 AM EDT
Enterprises can achieve rigorous IT security as well as improved DevOps practices and Cloud economics by taking a new, cloud-native approach to application delivery. Because the attack surface for cloud applications is dramatically different than for highly controlled data centers, a disciplined and multi-layered approach that spans all of your processes, staff, vendors and technologies is required. This may sound expensive and time consuming to achieve as you plan how to move selected applicati...
Sep. 3, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 123
In their Live Hack” presentation at 17th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty and Paul Fletcher, Chief Security Evangelists at Alert Logic, will provide the audience with a chance to see a live demonstration of the common tools cyber attackers use to attack cloud and traditional IT systems. This “Live Hack” uses open source attack tools that are free and available for download by anybody. Attendees will learn where to find and how to operate these tools for the purpose of testing their own IT infrastructu...
Sep. 3, 2015 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 501
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, will introduce the technologies required for implementing thes...
Sep. 3, 2015 06:00 AM EDT
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading in...
Sep. 3, 2015 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,019
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Sep. 3, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 493
The 3rd International WebRTC Summit, to be held Nov. 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 15th International Cloud Expo, 6th International Big Data Expo, 3rd International DevOps Summit and 2nd Internet of @ThingsExpo. WebRTC (Web-based Real-Time Com...
Sep. 3, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,586
Organizations from small to large are increasingly adopting cloud solutions to deliver essential business services at a much lower cost. According to cyber security experts, the frequency and severity of cyber-attacks are on the rise, causing alarm to businesses and customers across a variety of industries. To defend against exploits like these, a company must adopt a comprehensive security defense strategy that is designed for their business. In 2015, organizations such as United Airlines, Sony...
Sep. 3, 2015 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 522
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes ab...
Sep. 3, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 732
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding bu...
Sep. 3, 2015 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,686
The 5th International DevOps Summit, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo – being held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the ...
Sep. 3, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,644