|By Business Wire||
|February 6, 2013 09:06 AM EST||
WSO2 today announced it will lead 26 in-depth presentations for IT architects, developers and administrators in conjunction with WSO2Con 2013, WSO2’s third user conference. The WSO2 keynotes, conference sessions, and pre-conference tutorials will explore enabling technologies and best practices for implementing a service-oriented architecture (SOA), cloud computing, API management, mobile integration, and analytics, among others. Leading the sessions are the same senior technical experts who deliver WSO2's professional consulting, design and training—providing attendees with first-hand, real-world knowledge.
WSO2Con 2013 will be held February 12-14, 2013 at the Park Plaza, Victoria in London, and it will be joined by a live stream event from the Cinnamon Lakeside in Colombo, Sri Lanka. In addition to the WSO2-led sessions, the event also features 16 guest presentations by customers, researchers, systems integrators, and other third-party solution providers, who will address enterprise IT professionals’ top cloud, application and integration priorities. For more information, visit http://wso2con.com.
WSO2 to Address Top Enterprise IT Priorities
WSO2 speakers at WSO2Con 2013 represent some of the leading innovators in SOA, Web services, open source, big data, cloud, and mobile technologies. These experts will share their insights in presentations across a number of the conference’s keynote and technology and industry tracks. Details of the full agenda are available at http://wso2con.com/agenda. Sessions include:
- Keynote: Reinventing Enterprise IT Around APIs and Apps, Dr. Sanjiva Weerawarana, WSO2 founder and CEO
- Keynote: The New IT - Your Milestone Plan, Paul Fremantle, WSO2 co-founder and CTO
- Promoting Service Re-use with the WSO2 API Management Platform, Chris Haddad, WSO2 vice president of technology evangelism
- Raspberry Pi - WSO2 Style, Afkham Azeez, WSO2 director of architecture; Lakmal Warusawithana, WSO2 software architect; and Sumedha Rubasinghe, WSO2 software architect
- WSO2 Carbon Product Performance and Deployment Topology Sizing, Asanka Abeysinghe, WSO2 director of solutions architecture
- Achieving Agility with WSO2 App Factory, Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar, WSO2 director of cloud solutions
- WSO2 Architecture Vision: Looking Ahead to Carbon 5 and Stratos 2 and Beyond, Afkham Azeez, WSO2 director of architecture
- Sharpening the Spearpoint: Empowering the Edge Through SOA, Adam Firestone, WSO2 director of defense and government solutions
- Enterprise Identity Management and Security: Patterns and Practices, Prabath Siriwardena, WSO2 senior software architect
- Scalable Persistent Message Brokering with WSO2 Message Broker, Dr. Srinath Perera, WSO2 senior software architect
- Expanding your Business with APIs, Sumedha Rubasinghe, WSO2 software architect
- WSO2 Carbon 4.0.0 Kernel Design and Architecture, Sameera Jayasoma, WSO2 senior technical lead
- Integrating People to Workflows and Applications with Human Tasks, Nandika Jayawardana, WSO2 senior technical lead
- Running Operations for Carbon and Stratos, Chamith Kumarage, WSO2 associate technical lead
- Enabling a Data-driven Agile Business, Tharindu Mathew, WSO2 associate technical lead
- Birds of a Feather - WSO2 Partner Program, Jonathan Marsh, WSO2 vice president of business development and product design
- Birds of a Feather - WSO2 Carbon, Pradeep Fernando, WSO2 senior software engineer
- Birds of a Feather - WSO2 Stratos, Damitha Kumarage, WSO2 senior technical lead
- Developing Enterprise Applications with the WSO2 Application Platform, Nuwan Bandara, WSO2 associate technical lead, and Anjana Fernando, WSO2 associate technical lead
- Introducing the WSO2 Enterprise Integration Platform, Miyuru Wanninayaka, WSO2 senior software engineer
- Enterprise Governance with WSO2 Governance Registry and More, Senaka Fernando,
Pre-Conference Tutorials Extend WSO2Con Experience
WSO2Con 2013 will feature two half-day tutorial events that take a deeper exploration into technology best practices using WSO2’s cloud and enterprise middleware platforms. Attendees can register for the tutorial days separately or as part of a complete WSO2Con event package. The half-day tutorials will be held on February 7, in Colombo and on February 12, in London, and each will feature the following sessions:
- WSO2 Enterprise Integration Platform: ESB and More, Paul Fremantle, WSO2 co-founder and CTO, and Kasun Indrasiri, WSO2 associate technical lead
- API Management 101, Sumedha Rubasinghe, WSO2 software architect, and Sanjeewa Malalgoda, WSO2 software engineer
- Governance from Soup to Nuts, Isabelle Mauny, director of product management, and Senaka Fernando, WSO2 technical lead
- Enterprise Security & Identity Management with WSO2 Identity Server, Prabath Siriwardena, WSO2 senior software architect, and Hasini Gunasinghe, WSO2 senior software engineer
- Private PaaS for the Enterprise: WSO2 Stratos & WSO2 App Factory, Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar, WSO2 director of cloud solutions, and Amila Maha Arachchi, WSO2 technical lead
- Building Composite Enterprise Applications with WSO2 Developer Studio, Samisa Abeysinghe, WSO2 vice president of engineering, and Harshana Martin, senior software engineer
WSO2 is the lean enterprise middleware company. It delivers the only complete open source enterprise SOA middleware stack purpose-built as an integrated platform to support today’s heterogeneous enterprise environments—internally and in the cloud. WSO2’s service and support team is led by technical experts who have proven success in deploying enterprise SOAs and contribute to the technology standards that enable them. For more information, visit http://wso2.com, or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and FriendFeed.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Qosmos, the market leader for IP traffic classification and network intelligence technology, has announced that it will launch the Launch L7 Viewer at CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley, being held November 1 – 3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The L7 Viewer is a traffic analysis tool that provides complete visibility of all network traffic that crosses a virtualized infrastructure, up to Layer 7. It facilitates and accelerates common IT tasks such as VM migra...
Oct. 26, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 364
WebRTC adoption has generated a wave of creative uses of communications and collaboration through websites, sales apps, customer care and business applications. As WebRTC has become more mainstream it has evolved to use cases beyond the original peer-to-peer case, which has led to a repeating requirement for interoperability with existing infrastructures. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Graham Holt, Executive Vice President of Daitan Group, will cover implementation examples that have enabled ea...
Oct. 26, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,340
SYS-CON Events announced today that Coalfire will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Coalfire is the trusted leader in cybersecurity risk management and compliance services. Coalfire integrates advisory and technical assessments and recommendations to the corporate directors, executives, boards, and IT organizations for global brands and organizations in the technology, cloud, health...
Oct. 26, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,656
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining sensor...
Oct. 26, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,082
November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Penta Security is a leading vendor for data security solutions, including its encryption solution, D’Amo. By using FPE technology, D’Amo allows for the implementation of encryption technology to sensitive data fields without modification to schema in the database environment. With businesses having their data become increasingly more complicated in their mission-critical applications (such as ERP, CRM, HRM), continued ...
Oct. 26, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,145
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, will contrast how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He will show the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He will also have live demos of building immutable pipe...
Oct. 26, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,657
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Oct. 26, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,510
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudbric, a leading website security provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloudbric is an elite full service website protection solution specifically designed for IT novices, entrepreneurs, and small and medium businesses. First launched in 2015, Cloudbric is based on the enterprise level Web Application Firewall by Penta Security Sys...
Oct. 26, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,266
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 9,061
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Oct. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,205
Rapid innovation, changing business landscapes, and new IT demands force businesses to make changes quickly. In the eyes of many, containers are at the brink of becoming a pervasive technology in enterprise IT to accelerate application delivery. In this presentation, you'll learn about the: The transformation of IT to a DevOps, microservices, and container-based architecture What are containers and how DevOps practices can operate in a container-based environment A demonstration of how Docke...
Oct. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,670
Enterprises have been using both Big Data and virtualization for years. Until recently, however, most enterprises have not combined the two. Big Data's demands for higher levels of performance, the ability to control quality-of-service (QoS), and the ability to adhere to SLAs have kept it on bare metal, apart from the modern data center cloud. With recent technology innovations, we've seen the advantages of bare metal erode to such a degree that the enhanced flexibility and reduced costs that ...
Oct. 26, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 373
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Oct. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,828
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Oct. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,120
Governments around the world are adopting Safe Harbor privacy provisions to protect customer data from leaving sovereign territories. Increasingly, global companies are required to create new instances of their server clusters in multiple countries to keep abreast of these new Safe Harbor laws. Is it worth it? In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Adam Rogers, Managing Director of Anexia, Inc., will discuss how to keep your data legal and still stay in business.
Oct. 26, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,511