|By PR Newswire||
|February 11, 2013 07:37 PM EST||
MEXICO CITY, Feb. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Grupo Aeromexico S.A.B. De C.V. (BMV: AEROMEX) (Grupo Aeromexico or the Company), the largest intercontinental airline in Mexico, today reported consolidated unaudited results for the fourth quarter and full year 2012.
- Net income during the fourth quarter 2012 was MXP $612 million; an increase as compared to the MXP $294 million net income reported for the same period in 2011. Full year net income was MXP $1,323 million despite record-high fuel prices and the negative impact of a 5.8% exchange rate depreciation.
- Fourth quarter operating profit before other non-operating revenues and expenses was MXP $356 million, with a 3.6% margin. 2012 operating profit before other non-operating revenues and expenses was MXP $2,529 million, with a 6.4% margin. Operating margin was 6.5%, excluding the effect of Aeromexico Cargo consolidation.
- 2012 EBITDAR was MXP $6,811 million, the second highest annual EBITDAR in the Company's history, despite negative impacts related to the fuel price increase and the aforementioned exchange rate depreciation. EBITDAR margin was 17.2%; after adjusting for the cargo consolidation effect, this margin was 17.6%.
- Grupo Aeromexico reported record revenues of MXP $39,569 million in 2012; 10.5% growth year-over-year. This growth was driven primarily by increased yields, higher passenger flows and an increase in cargo revenues. Fourth quarter revenues reached MXP $9,897 million; a 1.7% increase year on year.
- Cost per available seat kilometer (CASK) excluding fuel and adjusting for the accounting effect of consolidating Aeromexico Cargo (AM Cargo), increased 5.4% in 2012 compared to last year. This is primarily due to the exchange rate depreciation. This indicator, expressed in U.S. dollars, decreased 1.7%. CASK in pesos, excluding fuel and the cargo business consolidation, grew 3.7% in the fourth quarter as compared to the same period last year.
- During the year, Grupo Aeromexico executed the most ambitious investment program in the Company's history, making payments of MXP $4,261 million in fixed assets investments, aircraft purchase prepayments, guarantee deposits and the amortization of debt not related to the purchase of aircraft. The Company's cash position as of December 31, 2012 was MXP $3,452 million.
- Grupo Aeromexico took delivery of eight new Embraer-190 in 2012. Six of these were delivered as part of the aircraft acquisition program through the BNDES credit line and two were delivered through operating leases. The Company also took delivery of three Boeing 737-800 through US Ex-Im Bank financing. Three Embraer 170 aircrafts also were added to the fleet through operating leases. Additionally, two Boeing 737-800, one Boeing 767-200 and one Embraer E-145 aircraft were re-delivered.
To access the full text of this earnings release, please visit our Investor Relations website at: http://www.aeromexico.com/us/Investor/
Grupo Aeromexico will hold its fourth quarter and full year 2012 results conference call on Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 11:00 am U.S. ET (10:00 am Mexico City Time). The conference call can be accessed by dialing USA/International +1 (719) 457-6787, Mexico: 001800-514 5956 and entering passcode: 4459558.
About Grupo Aeromexico
Grupo Aeromexico operates its main hub out of Terminal 2 in the Mexico City International Airport. The Group's airlines operate over 550 daily flights to different cities in Mexico, the United States, Canada, Central and South America, and Europe and Asia. Aeromexico is a founding member of SkyTeam, the global airline alliance comprised of 15 airlines.
Safe Harbor Statement
This release contains forward-looking statements regarding the Company's results and business prospects. The readers should know that the results obtained may differ from that stated on this release. Past performances do not guarantee the behavior of future performances. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any of these statements, either as a result of new information, future actions or other related events.
SOURCE Grupo Aeromexico S.A.B. De C.V.
SYS-CON Events announced today that VividCortex, the monitoring solution for the modern data system, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The database is the heart of most applications, but it’s also the part that’s hardest to scale, monitor, and optimize even as it’s growing 50% year over year. VividCortex is the first unified suite of database monitoring tools specifically desi...
Aug. 3, 2015 01:07 PM EDT
In their session at 17th Cloud Expo, Hal Schwartz, CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), and Chuck Paolillo, CTO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), provide a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. In his role as CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), Hal Schwartz provides leadership and direction for the company.
Aug. 3, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 202
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Aug. 3, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 268
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection and E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Partnerships at Com...
Aug. 3, 2015 11:48 AM EDT
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Aug. 3, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 203
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Aug. 3, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 230
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Aug. 3, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 361
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, analyzed a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discussed the benefits/challenges of migrating to each offe...
Aug. 3, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 184
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Aug. 2, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 683
Digital Transformation is the ultimate goal of cloud computing and related initiatives. The phrase is certainly not a precise one, and as subject to hand-waving and distortion as any high-falutin' terminology in the world of information technology. Yet it is an excellent choice of words to describe what enterprise IT—and by extension, organizations in general—should be working to achieve. Digital Transformation means: handling all the data types being found and created in the organizat...
Aug. 2, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,136
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 2, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 516
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Aug. 2, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 432
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Aug. 2, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 554
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 483
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducte...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 360