|By PR Newswire||
|February 20, 2013 10:01 PM EST||
NUREMBERG, Germany, Feb. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) today announced that it will demonstrate applications utilizing its Zynq™-7000 All Programmable System-on-Chip (SoC) and its supporting ecosystem at Embedded World 2013 (Nuremberg, Germany, February 26-28, 2013 - Xilinx booth, H1-205). Multiple demonstrations will showcase advanced applications in automotive driver assistance systems, machine vision, biomedical sensing and industrial applications.
All Programmable Solutions Displayed throughout Embedded World
As part of the ARM® Connected Community®, Xilinx is leveraging the strength of the ARM ecosystem to provide a complete solution, from design to manufacture and end use. Additionally, more than 20 Xilinx Alliance Program members, comprised of IP providers, EDA vendors, embedded software providers, system integrators, and hardware suppliers, will be demonstrating the power of Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoCs based on multiple ARM technologies throughout the show floor.
- Driver Assistance Platforms – Automotive solutions from Xilinx and Xylon will show developers how to consolidate multiple functions in a single Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC, through applications such as lane departure warning and blind spot detection, as well as a 360-degree surround vision and rear view camera system.
- Biomedical Sensors – A biomedical sensing platform developed by Xilinx and Topic, which normally requires a desktop PC, can be reduced to a compact display plus small add-on card connected to the sensor using the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC.
- Machine Vision System – The high-speed parallel signal processing capabilities of the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC, with Missing Link Electronics, illustrates how HD video can be processed efficiently and how the high performance analytics capability can perform object recognition to support high performance machine vision applications.
- Multi-OS System Using Hypervisor – Xilinx and SYSGO demonstrate the simultaneous execution of four operating systems (two RTOS and two Linux instances) on a single Zynq-7000 device.
- Motor/Motion Control – Xilinx and QDESYS, will demo the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC Intelligent Drives Platform implementing high precision, low noise multi-axis motor control along with ethernet communications while running QNX real-time operating systems, showcasing a true single chip drive system.
- Real-Time Industrial Ethernet – Demonstrates flexible real-time industrial networking protocols in a single Zynq-7000 device, implementing either EtherCAT or POWERLINK.
- Reliable Ethernet – Xilinx and SOC-e will demonstrate reliable and fault-tolerant Ethernet communications with precision timing for energy market applications, implementing the Seamless Redundancy Protocol and Parallel Redundancy Protocol in the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC.
- PLC – Demonstrates a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) implemented on the Zynq-7000 platform, controlling various inputs and output devices. This PLC platform is programmed using the IEC61131-3 compliant MULTIPROG programmer from EKWSoftware.
- Real-Time Video Engine – The Real-Time Video Engine, developed with OmniTek, illustrates the Zynq-7045 device with hardened PCIe® core processing up to 4 streams of 1080p HD video in real-time. The demonstration also highlights various compute intensive video functions such as real-time scaling and alpha-blending.
- H.264 Encoder – Xilinx and A2E will also demonstrate the Zynq-7020 device implementing the horsepower demanding 1080p30 H.264 encoder for video surveillance, medical, and entertainment systems.
Xilinx Technical Session Participation
Tuesday, February 26
12:30 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Session 04: System Level Design – "Creating Secure Embedded Computing Systems on Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC," by Bruce Newgard, Xilinx
3:45 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. Session 05: Android – "De-Mystifying Android for Hybrid Processing Architectures," by Dan Isaacs, Xilinx
Wednesday, February 27
1:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Session 08: FPGA and ASIC Design/SoC II - "Automotive Driver Assistance Systems: Using the Processing Power of All Programmable SoCs," by Paul Zoratti, Xilinx
1:30 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. Session 14: Embedded System Architecture II – "Accelerating Embedded System Performance with Open source derived Configurable Co-processing Engines," by Dan Isaacs, Xilinx
Xilinx is the world's leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs and 3D ICs. These industry-leading devices are coupled with a next-generation design environment and IP to serve a broad range of customer needs, from programmable logic to programmable systems integration. For more information, visit www.xilinx.com.
Xilinx, the Xilinx logo, Artix, ISE, Kintex, Spartan, Virtex, Zynq, and other designated brands included herein are trademarks of Xilinx in the United States and other countries. ARM is a registered trademark of ARM in the EU and other countries. PCI, PCIe, and PCI Express are trademarks of the PCI-SIG and used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
+44 1932 47 4656
SOURCE Xilinx, Inc.
We are rapidly moving to a brave new world of interconnected smart homes, cars, offices and factories known as the Internet of Things (IoT). Sensors and monitoring devices will touch every part of our lives. Let's take a closer look at the Internet of Things. The Internet of Things is a worldwide network of objects and devices connected to the Internet. They are electronics, sensors, software and more. These objects connect to the Internet and can be controlled remotely via apps and programs. ...
Nov. 26, 2015 02:15 PM EST Reads: 488
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Nov. 26, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 283
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, explored the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving t...
Nov. 26, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 383
We all know that data growth is exploding and storage budgets are shrinking. Instead of showing you charts on about how much data there is, in his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing at HGST, showed how to capture all of your data in one place. After you have your data under control, you can then analyze it in one place, saving time and resources.
Nov. 26, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 143
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing & protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection & E-Discovery of your data - whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise.
Nov. 26, 2015 11:30 AM EST Reads: 113
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
Nov. 26, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 440
In recent years, at least 40% of companies using cloud applications have experienced data loss. One of the best prevention against cloud data loss is backing up your cloud data. In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sam McIntyre, Partner Enablement Specialist at eFolder, presented how organizations can use eFolder Cloudfinder to automate backups of cloud application data. He also demonstrated how easy it is to search and restore cloud application data using Cloudfinder.
Nov. 26, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 116
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Nov. 26, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 282
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Su...
Nov. 26, 2015 09:45 AM EST Reads: 363
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningf...
Nov. 26, 2015 09:30 AM EST Reads: 370
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Nov. 26, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 474
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Nov. 26, 2015 08:45 AM EST Reads: 263
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Nov. 26, 2015 08:30 AM EST Reads: 187
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, exploreed the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and t...
Nov. 26, 2015 06:45 AM EST Reads: 398
Two weeks ago (November 3-5), I attended the Cloud Expo Silicon Valley as a speaker, where I presented on the security and privacy due diligence requirements for cloud solutions. Cloud security is a topical issue for every CIO, CISO, and technology buyer. Decision-makers are always looking for insights on how to mitigate the security risks of implementing and using cloud solutions. Based on the presentation topics covered at the conference, as well as the general discussions heard between sessi...
Nov. 26, 2015 06:15 AM EST Reads: 300