|By PR Newswire||
|February 20, 2013 10:01 PM EST||
NUREMBERG, Germany, Feb. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) today announced that it will demonstrate applications utilizing its Zynq™-7000 All Programmable System-on-Chip (SoC) and its supporting ecosystem at Embedded World 2013 (Nuremberg, Germany, February 26-28, 2013 - Xilinx booth, H1-205). Multiple demonstrations will showcase advanced applications in automotive driver assistance systems, machine vision, biomedical sensing and industrial applications.
All Programmable Solutions Displayed throughout Embedded World
As part of the ARM® Connected Community®, Xilinx is leveraging the strength of the ARM ecosystem to provide a complete solution, from design to manufacture and end use. Additionally, more than 20 Xilinx Alliance Program members, comprised of IP providers, EDA vendors, embedded software providers, system integrators, and hardware suppliers, will be demonstrating the power of Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoCs based on multiple ARM technologies throughout the show floor.
- Driver Assistance Platforms – Automotive solutions from Xilinx and Xylon will show developers how to consolidate multiple functions in a single Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC, through applications such as lane departure warning and blind spot detection, as well as a 360-degree surround vision and rear view camera system.
- Biomedical Sensors – A biomedical sensing platform developed by Xilinx and Topic, which normally requires a desktop PC, can be reduced to a compact display plus small add-on card connected to the sensor using the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC.
- Machine Vision System – The high-speed parallel signal processing capabilities of the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC, with Missing Link Electronics, illustrates how HD video can be processed efficiently and how the high performance analytics capability can perform object recognition to support high performance machine vision applications.
- Multi-OS System Using Hypervisor – Xilinx and SYSGO demonstrate the simultaneous execution of four operating systems (two RTOS and two Linux instances) on a single Zynq-7000 device.
- Motor/Motion Control – Xilinx and QDESYS, will demo the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC Intelligent Drives Platform implementing high precision, low noise multi-axis motor control along with ethernet communications while running QNX real-time operating systems, showcasing a true single chip drive system.
- Real-Time Industrial Ethernet – Demonstrates flexible real-time industrial networking protocols in a single Zynq-7000 device, implementing either EtherCAT or POWERLINK.
- Reliable Ethernet – Xilinx and SOC-e will demonstrate reliable and fault-tolerant Ethernet communications with precision timing for energy market applications, implementing the Seamless Redundancy Protocol and Parallel Redundancy Protocol in the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC.
- PLC – Demonstrates a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) implemented on the Zynq-7000 platform, controlling various inputs and output devices. This PLC platform is programmed using the IEC61131-3 compliant MULTIPROG programmer from EKWSoftware.
- Real-Time Video Engine – The Real-Time Video Engine, developed with OmniTek, illustrates the Zynq-7045 device with hardened PCIe® core processing up to 4 streams of 1080p HD video in real-time. The demonstration also highlights various compute intensive video functions such as real-time scaling and alpha-blending.
- H.264 Encoder – Xilinx and A2E will also demonstrate the Zynq-7020 device implementing the horsepower demanding 1080p30 H.264 encoder for video surveillance, medical, and entertainment systems.
Xilinx Technical Session Participation
Tuesday, February 26
12:30 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Session 04: System Level Design – "Creating Secure Embedded Computing Systems on Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC," by Bruce Newgard, Xilinx
3:45 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. Session 05: Android – "De-Mystifying Android for Hybrid Processing Architectures," by Dan Isaacs, Xilinx
Wednesday, February 27
1:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Session 08: FPGA and ASIC Design/SoC II - "Automotive Driver Assistance Systems: Using the Processing Power of All Programmable SoCs," by Paul Zoratti, Xilinx
1:30 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. Session 14: Embedded System Architecture II – "Accelerating Embedded System Performance with Open source derived Configurable Co-processing Engines," by Dan Isaacs, Xilinx
Xilinx is the world's leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs and 3D ICs. These industry-leading devices are coupled with a next-generation design environment and IP to serve a broad range of customer needs, from programmable logic to programmable systems integration. For more information, visit www.xilinx.com.
Xilinx, the Xilinx logo, Artix, ISE, Kintex, Spartan, Virtex, Zynq, and other designated brands included herein are trademarks of Xilinx in the United States and other countries. ARM is a registered trademark of ARM in the EU and other countries. PCI, PCIe, and PCI Express are trademarks of the PCI-SIG and used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
+44 1932 47 4656
SOURCE Xilinx, Inc.
Hardware virtualization and cloud computing allowed us to increase resource utilization and increase our flexibility to respond to business demand. Docker Containers are the next quantum leap - Are they?! Databases always represented an additional set of challenges unique to running workloads requiring a maximum of I/O, network, CPU resources combined with data locality.
Jan. 20, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 704
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Jan. 20, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 6,071
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 20, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 3,689
"This week we're really focusing on scalability, asset preservation and how do you back up to the cloud and in the cloud with object storage, which is really a new way of attacking dealing with your file, your blocked data, where you put it and how you access it," stated Jeff Greenwald, Senior Director of Market Development at HGST, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 20, 2017 09:45 AM EST Reads: 5,502
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Jan. 20, 2017 09:45 AM EST Reads: 2,915
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed ...
Jan. 20, 2017 09:15 AM EST Reads: 6,381
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, introduced the technologies required for implementing these idea...
Jan. 20, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 4,740
"A lot of times people will come to us and have a very diverse set of requirements or very customized need and we'll help them to implement it in a fashion that you can't just buy off of the shelf," explained Nick Rose, CTO of Enzu, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 20, 2017 08:15 AM EST Reads: 4,709
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists peeled away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud enviro...
Jan. 20, 2017 08:15 AM EST Reads: 4,929
Containers have changed the mind of IT in DevOps. They enable developers to work with dev, test, stage and production environments identically. Containers provide the right abstraction for microservices and many cloud platforms have integrated them into deployment pipelines. DevOps and containers together help companies achieve their business goals faster and more effectively. In his session at DevOps Summit, Ruslan Synytsky, CEO and Co-founder of Jelastic, reviewed the current landscape of Dev...
Jan. 20, 2017 08:00 AM EST Reads: 4,263
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Jan. 20, 2017 07:15 AM EST Reads: 2,971
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Jan. 20, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 6,865
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Jan. 20, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 9,073
"Plutora provides release and testing environment capabilities to the enterprise," explained Dalibor Siroky, Director and Co-founder of Plutora, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jan. 20, 2017 06:15 AM EST Reads: 3,649
DevOps tends to focus on the relationship between Dev and Ops, putting an emphasis on the ops and application infrastructure. But that’s changing with microservices architectures. In her session at DevOps Summit, Lori MacVittie, Evangelist for F5 Networks, will focus on how microservices are changing the underlying architectures needed to scale, secure and deliver applications based on highly distributed (micro) services and why that means an expansion into “the network” for DevOps.
Jan. 20, 2017 06:15 AM EST Reads: 5,510