|By PR Newswire||
|February 20, 2013 10:01 PM EST||
NUREMBERG, Germany, Feb. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) today announced that it will demonstrate applications utilizing its Zynq™-7000 All Programmable System-on-Chip (SoC) and its supporting ecosystem at Embedded World 2013 (Nuremberg, Germany, February 26-28, 2013 - Xilinx booth, H1-205). Multiple demonstrations will showcase advanced applications in automotive driver assistance systems, machine vision, biomedical sensing and industrial applications.
All Programmable Solutions Displayed throughout Embedded World
As part of the ARM® Connected Community®, Xilinx is leveraging the strength of the ARM ecosystem to provide a complete solution, from design to manufacture and end use. Additionally, more than 20 Xilinx Alliance Program members, comprised of IP providers, EDA vendors, embedded software providers, system integrators, and hardware suppliers, will be demonstrating the power of Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoCs based on multiple ARM technologies throughout the show floor.
- Driver Assistance Platforms – Automotive solutions from Xilinx and Xylon will show developers how to consolidate multiple functions in a single Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC, through applications such as lane departure warning and blind spot detection, as well as a 360-degree surround vision and rear view camera system.
- Biomedical Sensors – A biomedical sensing platform developed by Xilinx and Topic, which normally requires a desktop PC, can be reduced to a compact display plus small add-on card connected to the sensor using the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC.
- Machine Vision System – The high-speed parallel signal processing capabilities of the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC, with Missing Link Electronics, illustrates how HD video can be processed efficiently and how the high performance analytics capability can perform object recognition to support high performance machine vision applications.
- Multi-OS System Using Hypervisor – Xilinx and SYSGO demonstrate the simultaneous execution of four operating systems (two RTOS and two Linux instances) on a single Zynq-7000 device.
- Motor/Motion Control – Xilinx and QDESYS, will demo the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC Intelligent Drives Platform implementing high precision, low noise multi-axis motor control along with ethernet communications while running QNX real-time operating systems, showcasing a true single chip drive system.
- Real-Time Industrial Ethernet – Demonstrates flexible real-time industrial networking protocols in a single Zynq-7000 device, implementing either EtherCAT or POWERLINK.
- Reliable Ethernet – Xilinx and SOC-e will demonstrate reliable and fault-tolerant Ethernet communications with precision timing for energy market applications, implementing the Seamless Redundancy Protocol and Parallel Redundancy Protocol in the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC.
- PLC – Demonstrates a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) implemented on the Zynq-7000 platform, controlling various inputs and output devices. This PLC platform is programmed using the IEC61131-3 compliant MULTIPROG programmer from EKWSoftware.
- Real-Time Video Engine – The Real-Time Video Engine, developed with OmniTek, illustrates the Zynq-7045 device with hardened PCIe® core processing up to 4 streams of 1080p HD video in real-time. The demonstration also highlights various compute intensive video functions such as real-time scaling and alpha-blending.
- H.264 Encoder – Xilinx and A2E will also demonstrate the Zynq-7020 device implementing the horsepower demanding 1080p30 H.264 encoder for video surveillance, medical, and entertainment systems.
Xilinx Technical Session Participation
Tuesday, February 26
12:30 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Session 04: System Level Design – "Creating Secure Embedded Computing Systems on Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC," by Bruce Newgard, Xilinx
3:45 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. Session 05: Android – "De-Mystifying Android for Hybrid Processing Architectures," by Dan Isaacs, Xilinx
Wednesday, February 27
1:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Session 08: FPGA and ASIC Design/SoC II - "Automotive Driver Assistance Systems: Using the Processing Power of All Programmable SoCs," by Paul Zoratti, Xilinx
1:30 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. Session 14: Embedded System Architecture II – "Accelerating Embedded System Performance with Open source derived Configurable Co-processing Engines," by Dan Isaacs, Xilinx
Xilinx is the world's leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs and 3D ICs. These industry-leading devices are coupled with a next-generation design environment and IP to serve a broad range of customer needs, from programmable logic to programmable systems integration. For more information, visit www.xilinx.com.
Xilinx, the Xilinx logo, Artix, ISE, Kintex, Spartan, Virtex, Zynq, and other designated brands included herein are trademarks of Xilinx in the United States and other countries. ARM is a registered trademark of ARM in the EU and other countries. PCI, PCIe, and PCI Express are trademarks of the PCI-SIG and used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
+44 1932 47 4656
SOURCE Xilinx, Inc.
Qosmos, the market leader for IP traffic classification and network intelligence technology, has announced that it will launch the Launch L7 Viewer at CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley, being held November 1 – 3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The L7 Viewer is a traffic analysis tool that provides complete visibility of all network traffic that crosses a virtualized infrastructure, up to Layer 7. It facilitates and accelerates common IT tasks such as VM migra...
Oct. 27, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 511
In the 21st century, security on the Internet has become one of the most important issues. We hear more and more about cyber-attacks on the websites of large corporations, banks and even small businesses. When online we’re concerned not only for our own safety but also our privacy. We have to know that hackers usually start their preparation by investigating the private information of admins – the habits, interests, visited websites and so on. On the other hand, our own security is in danger bec...
Oct. 27, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 581
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Oct. 27, 2016 02:17 PM EDT Reads: 165
As companies adopt the cloud-to-streamline workflow, deployment hasn’t been very seamless because of IT concerns surrounding security risks. The cloud offers many benefits, but protecting and securing information can be tricky across multiple cloud providers and remains IT’s overall responsibility. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Simon Bain, CEO of SearchYourCloud, will address security compliance issues associated with cloud applications and how document-level encryption is critical for sup...
Oct. 27, 2016 01:48 PM EDT Reads: 225
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Oct. 27, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,993
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, will draw together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established ...
Oct. 27, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,590
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cemware will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Use MATLAB functions by just visiting website mathfreeon.com. MATLAB compatible, freely usable, online platform services. As of October 2016, 80,000 users from 180 countries are enjoying our platform service.
Oct. 27, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 987
SYS-CON Events announced today that MathFreeOn will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MathFreeOn is Software as a Service (SaaS) used in Engineering and Math education. Write scripts and solve math problems online. MathFreeOn provides online courses for beginners or amateurs who have difficulties in writing scripts. In accordance with various mathematical topics, there are more tha...
Oct. 27, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,139
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Oct. 27, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,268
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 27, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 5,080
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 27, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,198
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, will discuss how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team a...
Oct. 27, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 831
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, the leading provider of modern development tools and best practices for Continuous Integration on OpenVMS, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware products and development tools that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Oct. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,649
Intelligent machines are here. Robots, self-driving cars, drones, bots and many IoT devices are becoming smarter with Machine Learning. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Sudha Jamthe, CEO of IoTDisruptions.com, will discuss the next wave of business disruption at the junction of IoT and AI, impacting many industries and set to change our lives, work and world as we know it.
Oct. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 360
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 8,617