|By PR Newswire||
|April 4, 2013 05:02 PM EDT||
New Attractions, Deals and Special Events Give Visitors More Reasons to Visit Orlando This May and June
ORLANDO, Fla., April 4, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Shorter wait times at area attractions isn't the only reason to visit Orlando this May and June. From new additions to Orlando's topnotch theme parks to special events the whole family can enjoy, an Orlando getaway prior to peak summer travel offers visitors more of what they love about the most visited destination in the U.S.
Theme Park Deals – Recently named the top value destination for 2013 by Hotwire.com, savings abound for travelers to Orlando in May and June:
- LEGOLAND® Florida – Save $15 on all tickets purchased online at least seven days from date of visit.
- Loews Hotels at Universal Orlando® Resort – Up to 30% off and up to $150 in hotel savings, April 21 – June 16.
- SeaWorld Orlando® – Book a SeaWorld Vacation Package and receive an All Day Dining Deal.
- Walt Disney World® Resort - Save up to 30% on select Disney Resort Hotels, June 13 - August 14.
Find additional details and offers at VisitOrlando.com/more.
New Orlando Attractions – The capital of fun and sun continues to innovate with new attractions and activities at some of the world's most popular theme parks and beyond:
- SeaWorld Orlando welcomes its biggest expansion to date across all parks with the opening of Antarctica – Empire of the Penguin on May 24. A state-of-the-art, interactive ride will take guests on an exciting journey through the dangers and wondrous beauty of the Antarctic as they follow and mimic a young penguin's adventures. More than just a new ride, the new "realm" will be the coldest theme park attraction in the world and will include a variety of new experiences for guests.
- Universal Orlando Resort is gearing up for the summer opening of TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D with in-park appearances by Optimus Prime, leader of the Autobots, and Bumblebee. Towering at more than nine feet tall, the characters will appear daily at Universal Studios to meet, interact and photos with guests. Guests can also stock up on battle gear at the Supply Vault, the official merchandise store for TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D.
- Walt Disney World Resort unveiled New Fantasyland, the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom history, at the end of 2012. The new area features Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid, a musical showcase featuring Ariel and friends, as well as Enchanted Tales with Belle, where guests of all ages reenact "the tale as old as time" alongside Belle. Other new areas include Be Our Guest Restaurant and Gaston's Tavern, both inspired by Disney's "Beauty and the Beast" story.
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex will unveil the 90,000-square-foot home for the Space Shuttle Atlantis, which retired in 2011. Opening June 29, the $100 million exhibit will provide views of the vehicle up close. Interactive features reflect major accomplishments of the Space Shuttle program, including the Hubble Space Telescope and the International Space Station. In addition, Angry Birds Space Encounter recently opened to guests offering seven interactive exhibits featuring the characters of the wildly popular game.
- Fun Spot Action Park will open its 10-acre expansion on June 8, with a wide range of family-friendly go-kart tracks, rides and food options. The expansion includes White Lightning, a wooden roller coaster, and Vekoma, a suspended family coaster, as well as the world's biggest SkyCoaster.
- KINGS Bowl Orlando is scheduled to open April 15 as part of the "I-Drive Live" project on Orlando's world-famous corridor, International Drive. This boutique bowling venue featuring 22 lanes and a full-service restaurant will also offer full-sized billiard tables, a regulation-sized shuffleboard table, a full outdoor bocce ball court, weekend DJs and dancing.
May/June Special Events – From Star Wars-themed parades and LEGO creations to the longest running Fringe Festival in the United States, Orlando's special events pack even more fun into a pre-summer getaway:
- LEGOLAND Florida's Junior Master Model Builder Competition, May 4 and 5, is a fun and interactive LEGO® building competition that challenges participants to build models that follow a designated LEGO® theme. The theme for this event is the Yoda Chronicles.
- Walt Disney World Resort presents Star Wars Weekends May 17 – June 9 at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Over the course of four weekends, guests of all ages come face-to-face with Chewbacca, Darth Vader and other characters from the famous film series.
- Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival, now in its 22nd year, is held in downtown Orlando May 15 - 28. The annual festival celebrates theater, art and music, encompassing hundreds of shows, the Visual Fringe, outdoor concerts and "The Kids Fringe Tour."
Special rates noted may be subject to availability and blackout dates may apply.
For more information about vacation experiences in Orlando, to order a complimentary vacation planning kit that includes a comprehensive Official Visitors Guide and Orlando Magicard® or to purchase discount attraction tickets, visitors can log onto Orlando's official website at VisitOrlando.com/more or call an Official Travel Counselor at 1-800-551-0181 (United States and Canada) or 407-363-5872. For real time updates, follow us on Twitter at Twitter.com/VisitOrlando or Facebook at Facebook.com/VisitOrlando.
SOURCE Visit Orlando
Personalization has long been the holy grail of marketing. Simply stated, communicate the most relevant offer to the right person and you will increase sales. To achieve this, you must understand the individual. Consequently, digital marketers developed many ways to gather and leverage customer information to deliver targeted experiences. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lou Casal, Founder and Principal Consultant at Practicala, discussed how the Internet of Things (IoT) has accelerated our abil...
Aug. 27, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,990
With so much going on in this space you could be forgiven for thinking you were always working with yesterday’s technologies. So much change, so quickly. What do you do if you have to build a solution from the ground up that is expected to live in the field for at least 5-10 years? This is the challenge we faced when we looked to refresh our existing 10-year-old custom hardware stack to measure the fullness of trash cans and compactors.
Aug. 27, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,712
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Aug. 27, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,047
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions wi...
Aug. 27, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,992
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Aug. 27, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,926
With over 720 million Internet users and 40–50% CAGR, the Chinese Cloud Computing market has been booming. When talking about cloud computing, what are the Chinese users of cloud thinking about? What is the most powerful force that can push them to make the buying decision? How to tap into them? In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yu Hao, CEO and co-founder of SpeedyCloud, answered these questions and discussed the results of SpeedyCloud’s survey.
Aug. 27, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,140
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at DevOps Summit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, cutting-edge enterprise web applications for desktop and mobile. SmartClient combines the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software with the simp...
Aug. 27, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,259
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 26, 2016 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,747
Actian Corporation has announced the latest version of the Actian Vector in Hadoop (VectorH) database, generally available at the end of July. VectorH is based on the same query engine that powers Actian Vector, which recently doubled the TPC-H benchmark record for non-clustered systems at the 3000GB scale factor (see tpc.org/3323). The ability to easily ingest information from different data sources and rapidly develop queries to make better business decisions is becoming increasingly importan...
Aug. 26, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,061
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Aug. 26, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,848
Kubernetes, Docker and containers are changing the world, and how companies are deploying their software and running their infrastructure. With the shift in how applications are built and deployed, new challenges must be solved. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, will discuss the implications of containerized applications/infrastructures and their impact on the enterprise. In a real world example based on Kubernetes, he will show how to ...
Aug. 26, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,429
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Aug. 26, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 416
As the world moves toward more DevOps and Microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The Microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. Serverless computing is revolutionizing computing. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Raghav...
Aug. 26, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 706
SYS-CON Events announced today Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Aug. 26, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 657
Aspose.Total for .NET is the most complete package of all file format APIs for .NET as offered by Aspose. It empowers developers to create, edit, render, print and convert between a wide range of popular document formats within any .NET, C#, ASP.NET and VB.NET applications. Aspose compiles all .NET APIs on a daily basis to ensure that it contains the most up to date versions of each of Aspose .NET APIs. If a new .NET API or a new version of existing APIs is released during the subscription peri...
Aug. 26, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,932