|By PR Newswire||
|April 4, 2013 05:02 PM EDT||
New Attractions, Deals and Special Events Give Visitors More Reasons to Visit Orlando This May and June
ORLANDO, Fla., April 4, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Shorter wait times at area attractions isn't the only reason to visit Orlando this May and June. From new additions to Orlando's topnotch theme parks to special events the whole family can enjoy, an Orlando getaway prior to peak summer travel offers visitors more of what they love about the most visited destination in the U.S.
Theme Park Deals – Recently named the top value destination for 2013 by Hotwire.com, savings abound for travelers to Orlando in May and June:
- LEGOLAND® Florida – Save $15 on all tickets purchased online at least seven days from date of visit.
- Loews Hotels at Universal Orlando® Resort – Up to 30% off and up to $150 in hotel savings, April 21 – June 16.
- SeaWorld Orlando® – Book a SeaWorld Vacation Package and receive an All Day Dining Deal.
- Walt Disney World® Resort - Save up to 30% on select Disney Resort Hotels, June 13 - August 14.
Find additional details and offers at VisitOrlando.com/more.
New Orlando Attractions – The capital of fun and sun continues to innovate with new attractions and activities at some of the world's most popular theme parks and beyond:
- SeaWorld Orlando welcomes its biggest expansion to date across all parks with the opening of Antarctica – Empire of the Penguin on May 24. A state-of-the-art, interactive ride will take guests on an exciting journey through the dangers and wondrous beauty of the Antarctic as they follow and mimic a young penguin's adventures. More than just a new ride, the new "realm" will be the coldest theme park attraction in the world and will include a variety of new experiences for guests.
- Universal Orlando Resort is gearing up for the summer opening of TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D with in-park appearances by Optimus Prime, leader of the Autobots, and Bumblebee. Towering at more than nine feet tall, the characters will appear daily at Universal Studios to meet, interact and photos with guests. Guests can also stock up on battle gear at the Supply Vault, the official merchandise store for TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D.
- Walt Disney World Resort unveiled New Fantasyland, the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom history, at the end of 2012. The new area features Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid, a musical showcase featuring Ariel and friends, as well as Enchanted Tales with Belle, where guests of all ages reenact "the tale as old as time" alongside Belle. Other new areas include Be Our Guest Restaurant and Gaston's Tavern, both inspired by Disney's "Beauty and the Beast" story.
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex will unveil the 90,000-square-foot home for the Space Shuttle Atlantis, which retired in 2011. Opening June 29, the $100 million exhibit will provide views of the vehicle up close. Interactive features reflect major accomplishments of the Space Shuttle program, including the Hubble Space Telescope and the International Space Station. In addition, Angry Birds Space Encounter recently opened to guests offering seven interactive exhibits featuring the characters of the wildly popular game.
- Fun Spot Action Park will open its 10-acre expansion on June 8, with a wide range of family-friendly go-kart tracks, rides and food options. The expansion includes White Lightning, a wooden roller coaster, and Vekoma, a suspended family coaster, as well as the world's biggest SkyCoaster.
- KINGS Bowl Orlando is scheduled to open April 15 as part of the "I-Drive Live" project on Orlando's world-famous corridor, International Drive. This boutique bowling venue featuring 22 lanes and a full-service restaurant will also offer full-sized billiard tables, a regulation-sized shuffleboard table, a full outdoor bocce ball court, weekend DJs and dancing.
May/June Special Events – From Star Wars-themed parades and LEGO creations to the longest running Fringe Festival in the United States, Orlando's special events pack even more fun into a pre-summer getaway:
- LEGOLAND Florida's Junior Master Model Builder Competition, May 4 and 5, is a fun and interactive LEGO® building competition that challenges participants to build models that follow a designated LEGO® theme. The theme for this event is the Yoda Chronicles.
- Walt Disney World Resort presents Star Wars Weekends May 17 – June 9 at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Over the course of four weekends, guests of all ages come face-to-face with Chewbacca, Darth Vader and other characters from the famous film series.
- Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival, now in its 22nd year, is held in downtown Orlando May 15 - 28. The annual festival celebrates theater, art and music, encompassing hundreds of shows, the Visual Fringe, outdoor concerts and "The Kids Fringe Tour."
Special rates noted may be subject to availability and blackout dates may apply.
For more information about vacation experiences in Orlando, to order a complimentary vacation planning kit that includes a comprehensive Official Visitors Guide and Orlando Magicard® or to purchase discount attraction tickets, visitors can log onto Orlando's official website at VisitOrlando.com/more or call an Official Travel Counselor at 1-800-551-0181 (United States and Canada) or 407-363-5872. For real time updates, follow us on Twitter at Twitter.com/VisitOrlando or Facebook at Facebook.com/VisitOrlando.
SOURCE Visit Orlando
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Sep. 1, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 460
Skeuomorphism usually means retaining existing design cues in something new that doesn’t actually need them. However, the concept of skeuomorphism can be thought of as relating more broadly to applying existing patterns to new technologies that, in fact, cry out for new approaches. In his session at DevOps Summit, Gordon Haff, Senior Cloud Strategy Marketing and Evangelism Manager at Red Hat, discussed why containers should be paired with new architectural practices such as microservices rathe...
Sep. 1, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 408
SYS-CON Events announced today that G2G3 will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based on a collective appreciation for user experience, design, and technology, G2G3 is uniquely qualified and motivated to redefine how organizations and people engage in an increasingly digital world.
Aug. 31, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 501
Any Ops team trying to support a company in today’s cloud-connected world knows that a new way of thinking is required – one just as dramatic than the shift from Ops to DevOps. The diversity of modern operations requires teams to focus their impact on breadth vs. depth. In his session at DevOps Summit, Adam Serediuk, Director of Operations at xMatters, Inc., will discuss the strategic requirements of evolving from Ops to DevOps, and why modern Operations has begun leveraging the “NoOps” approa...
Aug. 31, 2015 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 400
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Aug. 31, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 370
Organizations from small to large are increasingly adopting cloud solutions to deliver essential business services at a much lower cost. According to cyber security experts, the frequency and severity of cyber-attacks are on the rise, causing alarm to businesses and customers across a variety of industries. To defend against exploits like these, a company must adopt a comprehensive security defense strategy that is designed for their business. In 2015, organizations such as United Airlines, Sony...
Aug. 31, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 485
The Internet of Things is in the early stages of mainstream deployment but it promises to unlock value and rapidly transform how organizations manage, operationalize, and monetize their assets. IoT is a complex structure of hardware, sensors, applications, analytics and devices that need to be able to communicate geographically and across all functions. Once the data is collected from numerous endpoints, the challenge then becomes converting it into actionable insight.
Aug. 31, 2015 07:00 PM EDT
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Aug. 31, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 523
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Trel...
Aug. 31, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 243
Amazon and Google have built software-defined data centers (SDDCs) that deliver massively scalable services with great efficiency. Yet, building SDDCs has proven to be a near impossibility for ‘normal’ companies without hyper-scale resources. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, David Cauthron, founder and chief executive officer of Nimboxx, will discuss the evolution of virtualization (hardware, application, memory, storage) and how commodity / open source hyper converged infrastructure (HCI) so...
Aug. 31, 2015 04:45 PM EDT
In their Live Hack” presentation at 17th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty and Paul Fletcher, Chief Security Evangelists at Alert Logic, will provide the audience with a chance to see a live demonstration of the common tools cyber attackers use to attack cloud and traditional IT systems. This “Live Hack” uses open source attack tools that are free and available for download by anybody. Attendees will learn where to find and how to operate these tools for the purpose of testing their own IT infrastructu...
Aug. 31, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 464
The web app is agile. The REST API is agile. The testing and planning are agile. But alas, data infrastructures certainly are not. Once an application matures, changing the shape or indexing scheme of data often forces at best a top down planning exercise and at worst includes schema changes that force downtime. The time has come for a new approach that fundamentally advances the agility of distributed data infrastructures. Come learn about a new solution to the problems faced by software organ...
Aug. 31, 2015 04:30 PM EDT
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Aug. 31, 2015 03:15 PM EDT
IBM’s Blue Box Cloud, powered by OpenStack, is now available in any of IBM’s globally integrated cloud data centers running SoftLayer infrastructure. Less than 90 days after its acquisition of Blue Box, IBM has integrated its Blue Box Cloud Dedicated private-cloud-as-a-service into its broader portfolio of OpenStack® based solutions. The announcement, made today at the OpenStack Silicon Valley event, further highlights IBM’s continued support to deliver OpenStack solutions across all cloud depl...
Aug. 31, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 249
Red Hat is investing in Tesora, the number one contributor to OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) also ranked among the top 20 companies contributing to OpenStack overall. Tesora, the company bringing OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) to the enterprise, has announced that Red Hat and others have invested in the company as a part of Tesora's latest funding round. The funding agreement expands on the ongoing collaboration between Tesora and Red Hat, which dates back to Febr...
Aug. 31, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 380