|By PR Newswire||
|April 4, 2013 05:02 PM EDT||
New Attractions, Deals and Special Events Give Visitors More Reasons to Visit Orlando This May and June
ORLANDO, Fla., April 4, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Shorter wait times at area attractions isn't the only reason to visit Orlando this May and June. From new additions to Orlando's topnotch theme parks to special events the whole family can enjoy, an Orlando getaway prior to peak summer travel offers visitors more of what they love about the most visited destination in the U.S.
Theme Park Deals – Recently named the top value destination for 2013 by Hotwire.com, savings abound for travelers to Orlando in May and June:
- LEGOLAND® Florida – Save $15 on all tickets purchased online at least seven days from date of visit.
- Loews Hotels at Universal Orlando® Resort – Up to 30% off and up to $150 in hotel savings, April 21 – June 16.
- SeaWorld Orlando® – Book a SeaWorld Vacation Package and receive an All Day Dining Deal.
- Walt Disney World® Resort - Save up to 30% on select Disney Resort Hotels, June 13 - August 14.
Find additional details and offers at VisitOrlando.com/more.
New Orlando Attractions – The capital of fun and sun continues to innovate with new attractions and activities at some of the world's most popular theme parks and beyond:
- SeaWorld Orlando welcomes its biggest expansion to date across all parks with the opening of Antarctica – Empire of the Penguin on May 24. A state-of-the-art, interactive ride will take guests on an exciting journey through the dangers and wondrous beauty of the Antarctic as they follow and mimic a young penguin's adventures. More than just a new ride, the new "realm" will be the coldest theme park attraction in the world and will include a variety of new experiences for guests.
- Universal Orlando Resort is gearing up for the summer opening of TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D with in-park appearances by Optimus Prime, leader of the Autobots, and Bumblebee. Towering at more than nine feet tall, the characters will appear daily at Universal Studios to meet, interact and photos with guests. Guests can also stock up on battle gear at the Supply Vault, the official merchandise store for TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D.
- Walt Disney World Resort unveiled New Fantasyland, the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom history, at the end of 2012. The new area features Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid, a musical showcase featuring Ariel and friends, as well as Enchanted Tales with Belle, where guests of all ages reenact "the tale as old as time" alongside Belle. Other new areas include Be Our Guest Restaurant and Gaston's Tavern, both inspired by Disney's "Beauty and the Beast" story.
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex will unveil the 90,000-square-foot home for the Space Shuttle Atlantis, which retired in 2011. Opening June 29, the $100 million exhibit will provide views of the vehicle up close. Interactive features reflect major accomplishments of the Space Shuttle program, including the Hubble Space Telescope and the International Space Station. In addition, Angry Birds Space Encounter recently opened to guests offering seven interactive exhibits featuring the characters of the wildly popular game.
- Fun Spot Action Park will open its 10-acre expansion on June 8, with a wide range of family-friendly go-kart tracks, rides and food options. The expansion includes White Lightning, a wooden roller coaster, and Vekoma, a suspended family coaster, as well as the world's biggest SkyCoaster.
- KINGS Bowl Orlando is scheduled to open April 15 as part of the "I-Drive Live" project on Orlando's world-famous corridor, International Drive. This boutique bowling venue featuring 22 lanes and a full-service restaurant will also offer full-sized billiard tables, a regulation-sized shuffleboard table, a full outdoor bocce ball court, weekend DJs and dancing.
May/June Special Events – From Star Wars-themed parades and LEGO creations to the longest running Fringe Festival in the United States, Orlando's special events pack even more fun into a pre-summer getaway:
- LEGOLAND Florida's Junior Master Model Builder Competition, May 4 and 5, is a fun and interactive LEGO® building competition that challenges participants to build models that follow a designated LEGO® theme. The theme for this event is the Yoda Chronicles.
- Walt Disney World Resort presents Star Wars Weekends May 17 – June 9 at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Over the course of four weekends, guests of all ages come face-to-face with Chewbacca, Darth Vader and other characters from the famous film series.
- Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival, now in its 22nd year, is held in downtown Orlando May 15 - 28. The annual festival celebrates theater, art and music, encompassing hundreds of shows, the Visual Fringe, outdoor concerts and "The Kids Fringe Tour."
Special rates noted may be subject to availability and blackout dates may apply.
For more information about vacation experiences in Orlando, to order a complimentary vacation planning kit that includes a comprehensive Official Visitors Guide and Orlando Magicard® or to purchase discount attraction tickets, visitors can log onto Orlando's official website at VisitOrlando.com/more or call an Official Travel Counselor at 1-800-551-0181 (United States and Canada) or 407-363-5872. For real time updates, follow us on Twitter at Twitter.com/VisitOrlando or Facebook at Facebook.com/VisitOrlando.
SOURCE Visit Orlando
A completely new computing platform is on the horizon. They’re called Microservers by some, ARM Servers by others, and sometimes even ARM-based Servers. No matter what you call them, Microservers will have a huge impact on the data center and on server computing in general. Although few people are familiar with Microservers today, their impact will be felt very soon. This is a new category of computing platform that is available today and is predicted to have triple-digit growth rates for some ...
Oct. 21, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 33,887
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Oct. 21, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,198
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will discuss how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Oct. 21, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 619
Effectively SMBs and government programs must address compounded regulatory compliance requirements. The most recent are Controlled Unclassified Information and the EU’s GDPR have Board Level implications. Managing sensitive data protection will likely result in acquisition criteria, demonstration requests and new requirements. Developers, as part of the pre-planning process and the associated supply chain, could benefit from updating their code libraries and design by incorporating changes.
Oct. 21, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,580
SYS-CON Events announced today that Roundee / LinearHub will exhibit at the WebRTC Summit at @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LinearHub provides Roundee Service, a smart platform for enterprise video conferencing with enhanced features such as automatic recording and transcription service. Slack users can integrate Roundee to their team via Slack’s App Directory, and '/roundee' command lets your video conference ...
Oct. 21, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,977
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to focus on the core of their online busine...
Oct. 21, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,190
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftNet Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftNet Solutions specializes in Enterprise Solutions for Hadoop and Big Data. It offers customers the most open, robust, and value-conscious portfolio of solutions, services, and tools for the shortest route to success with Big Data. The unique differentiator is the ability to architect and...
Oct. 21, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 326
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Oct. 21, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,608
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining senso...
Oct. 21, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 246
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 21, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 8,104
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 21, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 8,924
The IoT has the potential to create a renaissance of manufacturing in the US and elsewhere. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Florent Solt, CTO and chief architect of Netvibes, discussed how the expected exponential increase in the amount of data that will be processed, transported, stored, and accessed means there will be a huge demand for smart technologies to deliver it. Florent Solt is the CTO and chief architect of Netvibes. Prior to joining Netvibes in 2007, he co-founded Rift Technologi...
Oct. 21, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,813
What are the new priorities for the connected business? First: businesses need to think differently about the types of connections they will need to make – these span well beyond the traditional app to app into more modern forms of integration including SaaS integrations, mobile integrations, APIs, device integration and Big Data integration. It’s important these are unified together vs. doing them all piecemeal. Second, these types of connections need to be simple to design, adapt and configure...
Oct. 21, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,858
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Oct. 21, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,015
Kubernetes, Docker and containers are changing the world, and how companies are deploying their software and running their infrastructure. With the shift in how applications are built and deployed, new challenges must be solved. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, will discuss the implications of containerized applications/infrastructures and their impact on the enterprise. In a real world example based on Kubernetes, he will show how to ...
Oct. 21, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,814