|By PR Newswire||
|April 4, 2013 05:02 PM EDT||
New Attractions, Deals and Special Events Give Visitors More Reasons to Visit Orlando This May and June
ORLANDO, Fla., April 4, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Shorter wait times at area attractions isn't the only reason to visit Orlando this May and June. From new additions to Orlando's topnotch theme parks to special events the whole family can enjoy, an Orlando getaway prior to peak summer travel offers visitors more of what they love about the most visited destination in the U.S.
Theme Park Deals – Recently named the top value destination for 2013 by Hotwire.com, savings abound for travelers to Orlando in May and June:
- LEGOLAND® Florida – Save $15 on all tickets purchased online at least seven days from date of visit.
- Loews Hotels at Universal Orlando® Resort – Up to 30% off and up to $150 in hotel savings, April 21 – June 16.
- SeaWorld Orlando® – Book a SeaWorld Vacation Package and receive an All Day Dining Deal.
- Walt Disney World® Resort - Save up to 30% on select Disney Resort Hotels, June 13 - August 14.
Find additional details and offers at VisitOrlando.com/more.
New Orlando Attractions – The capital of fun and sun continues to innovate with new attractions and activities at some of the world's most popular theme parks and beyond:
- SeaWorld Orlando welcomes its biggest expansion to date across all parks with the opening of Antarctica – Empire of the Penguin on May 24. A state-of-the-art, interactive ride will take guests on an exciting journey through the dangers and wondrous beauty of the Antarctic as they follow and mimic a young penguin's adventures. More than just a new ride, the new "realm" will be the coldest theme park attraction in the world and will include a variety of new experiences for guests.
- Universal Orlando Resort is gearing up for the summer opening of TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D with in-park appearances by Optimus Prime, leader of the Autobots, and Bumblebee. Towering at more than nine feet tall, the characters will appear daily at Universal Studios to meet, interact and photos with guests. Guests can also stock up on battle gear at the Supply Vault, the official merchandise store for TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D.
- Walt Disney World Resort unveiled New Fantasyland, the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom history, at the end of 2012. The new area features Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid, a musical showcase featuring Ariel and friends, as well as Enchanted Tales with Belle, where guests of all ages reenact "the tale as old as time" alongside Belle. Other new areas include Be Our Guest Restaurant and Gaston's Tavern, both inspired by Disney's "Beauty and the Beast" story.
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex will unveil the 90,000-square-foot home for the Space Shuttle Atlantis, which retired in 2011. Opening June 29, the $100 million exhibit will provide views of the vehicle up close. Interactive features reflect major accomplishments of the Space Shuttle program, including the Hubble Space Telescope and the International Space Station. In addition, Angry Birds Space Encounter recently opened to guests offering seven interactive exhibits featuring the characters of the wildly popular game.
- Fun Spot Action Park will open its 10-acre expansion on June 8, with a wide range of family-friendly go-kart tracks, rides and food options. The expansion includes White Lightning, a wooden roller coaster, and Vekoma, a suspended family coaster, as well as the world's biggest SkyCoaster.
- KINGS Bowl Orlando is scheduled to open April 15 as part of the "I-Drive Live" project on Orlando's world-famous corridor, International Drive. This boutique bowling venue featuring 22 lanes and a full-service restaurant will also offer full-sized billiard tables, a regulation-sized shuffleboard table, a full outdoor bocce ball court, weekend DJs and dancing.
May/June Special Events – From Star Wars-themed parades and LEGO creations to the longest running Fringe Festival in the United States, Orlando's special events pack even more fun into a pre-summer getaway:
- LEGOLAND Florida's Junior Master Model Builder Competition, May 4 and 5, is a fun and interactive LEGO® building competition that challenges participants to build models that follow a designated LEGO® theme. The theme for this event is the Yoda Chronicles.
- Walt Disney World Resort presents Star Wars Weekends May 17 – June 9 at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Over the course of four weekends, guests of all ages come face-to-face with Chewbacca, Darth Vader and other characters from the famous film series.
- Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival, now in its 22nd year, is held in downtown Orlando May 15 - 28. The annual festival celebrates theater, art and music, encompassing hundreds of shows, the Visual Fringe, outdoor concerts and "The Kids Fringe Tour."
Special rates noted may be subject to availability and blackout dates may apply.
For more information about vacation experiences in Orlando, to order a complimentary vacation planning kit that includes a comprehensive Official Visitors Guide and Orlando Magicard® or to purchase discount attraction tickets, visitors can log onto Orlando's official website at VisitOrlando.com/more or call an Official Travel Counselor at 1-800-551-0181 (United States and Canada) or 407-363-5872. For real time updates, follow us on Twitter at Twitter.com/VisitOrlando or Facebook at Facebook.com/VisitOrlando.
SOURCE Visit Orlando
"When you think about the data center today, there's constant evolution, The evolution of the data center and the needs of the consumer of technology change, and they change constantly," stated Matt Kalmenson, VP of Sales, Service and Cloud Providers at Veeam Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 25, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,295
Organizations planning enterprise data center consolidation and modernization projects are faced with a challenging, costly reality. Requirements to deploy modern, cloud-native applications simultaneously with traditional client/server applications are almost impossible to achieve with hardware-centric enterprise infrastructure. Compute and network infrastructure are fast moving down a software-defined path, but storage has been a laggard. Until now.
Jul. 25, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,663
Continuous testing helps bridge the gap between developing quickly and maintaining high quality products. But to implement continuous testing, CTOs must take a strategic approach to building a testing infrastructure and toolset that empowers their team to move fast. Download our guide to laying the groundwork for a scalable continuous testing strategy.
Jul. 25, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,917
Let’s face it, embracing new storage technologies, capabilities and upgrading to new hardware often adds complexity and increases costs. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Seth Oxenhorn, Vice President of Business Development & Alliances at FalconStor, discussed how a truly heterogeneous software-defined storage approach can add value to legacy platforms and heterogeneous environments. The result reduces complexity, significantly lowers cost, and provides IT organizations with improved efficienc...
Jul. 25, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,939
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 25, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,498
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Jul. 25, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,931
StackIQ has announced the release of Stacki 3.2. Stacki is an easy-to-use Linux server provisioning tool. Stacki 3.2 delivers new capabilities that simplify the automation and integration of site-specific requirements. StackIQ is the commercial entity behind this open source bare metal provisioning tool. Since the release of Stacki in June of 2015, the Stacki core team has been focused on making the Community Edition meet the needs of members of the community, adding features and value, while ...
Jul. 25, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 233
The cloud competition for database hosts is fierce. How do you evaluate a cloud provider for your database platform? In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Chris Presley, a Solutions Architect at Pythian, gave users a checklist of considerations when choosing a provider. Chris Presley is a Solutions Architect at Pythian. He loves order – making him a premier Microsoft SQL Server expert. Not only has he programmed and administered SQL Server, but he has also shared his expertise and passion with b...
Jul. 25, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,915
With 15% of enterprises adopting a hybrid IT strategy, you need to set a plan to integrate hybrid cloud throughout your infrastructure. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steven Dreher, Director of Solutions Architecture at Green House Data, discussed how to plan for shifting resource requirements, overcome challenges, and implement hybrid IT alongside your existing data center assets. Highlights included anticipating workload, cost and resource calculations, integrating services on both sides...
Jul. 25, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,965
Big Data engines are powering a lot of service businesses right now. Data is collected from users from wearable technologies, web behaviors, purchase behavior as well as several arbitrary data points we’d never think of. The demand for faster and bigger engines to crunch and serve up the data to services is growing exponentially. You see a LOT of correlation between “Cloud” and “Big Data” but on Big Data and “Hybrid,” where hybrid hosting is the sanest approach to the Big Data Infrastructure pro...
Jul. 25, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,883
"We are a well-established player in the application life cycle management market and we also have a very strong version control product," stated Flint Brenton, CEO of CollabNet,, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 25, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,794
We all know the latest numbers: Gartner, Inc. forecasts that 6.4 billion connected things will be in use worldwide in 2016, up 30 percent from last year, and will reach 20.8 billion by 2020. We're rapidly approaching a data production of 40 zettabytes a day – more than we can every physically store, and exabytes and yottabytes are just around the corner. For many that’s a good sign, as data has been proven to equal money – IF it’s ingested, integrated, and analyzed fast enough. Without real-ti...
Jul. 25, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,009
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., and Logan Best, Infrastructure & Network Engineer at Webair, focused on real world deployments of DDoS mitigation strategies in every layer of the network. He gave an overview of methods to prevent these attacks and best practices on how to provide protection in complex cloud platforms. He also outlined what we have found in our experience managing and running thousands of Linux and Unix ...
Jul. 25, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,746
In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Yoseph Reuveni, Director of Software Engineering at Jet.com, will discuss Jet.com's journey into containerizing Microsoft-based technologies like C# and F# into Docker. He will talk about lessons learned and challenges faced, the Mono framework tryout and how they deployed everything into Azure cloud. Yoseph Reuveni is a technology leader with unique experience developing and running high throughput (over 1M tps) distributed systems with extre...
Jul. 25, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,087
"Operations is sort of the maturation of cloud utilization and the move to the cloud," explained Steve Anderson, Product Manager for BMC’s Cloud Lifecycle Management, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 25, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,881