|By PR Newswire||
|April 11, 2013 08:50 AM EDT||
NEW YORK, April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Overview and Outlook, 2012-2017
Revenue cycle management (RCM) solutions are used to help healthcare providers to maximize the collection of payments from insurance companies and/or patients by rationalizing a number of complex processes that occur across the entire patient accounts pathway. A large number and variety of vendors serve the hospital RCM market. Many vendors offer both software applications and services, while others specialize in one or the other. Some vendors only address the hospital market and some sell products and/or services to hospitals as well as ambulatory providers.
• Revenue cycle management (RCM) solutions are used to help healthcare providers maximize the collection of payments from insurance companies and/or patients by rationalizing a number of complex processes and steps that occur across the entire patient-accounts pathway.• A number of different software applications are utilized to address specific tasks involved with managing the revenue cycle. RCM software applications are usually characterized in two segments—core, or platform, solutions, and point solutions, or "bolt-ons," which provide added functionalities to core applications. In addition to information technology, a number of RCM services such as consulting and outsourcing are used by healthcare providers to provide additional capabilities across the RCM process.• A large number and variety of vendors serve the hospital RCM market. Many vendors offer both software applications and services, while others specialize in one or the other. Some vendors only address the hospital market and some sell products and/or services to hospitals as well as ambulatory providers including physicians and other providers.• Today, there are well over Xvendors serving the hospital RCM market in some capacity, and that number is expected to grow, particularly among vendors of point solutions and services, as hospitals increasingly focus on re-engineering RCM to meet growing challenges associated with healthcare reform.• In recent years, RCM solutions have taken a backseat to clinical systems because of providers' focus on adopting clinical solutions like electronic health records (EHRs) needed to meet Meaningful Use (MU). As the MU program matures, hospitals are expected to shift their focus to RCM in order to prepare for changes in reimbursement and patient demographics.• Today, revenue cycle processes and workflows are receiving unprecedented attention in the market as hospitals realize they must take every measure to maximize revenue and address inefficiencies and shortfalls in getting paid fully and on a timely basis. Many hospitals will need to significantly re-engineer their entire RCM function, and most seek solutions that offer robust integration between clinical and financial systems.• The current penetration of RCM solutions for the inpatient (hospital) environment varies by type of application. Software applications needed for the core functions of patient registration, scheduling, billing, coding, and claims processing are almost universally adopted in hospitals today (> X percent), while other RCM applications are less penetrated or significantly vary in penetration across various types of hospitals.• In terms of services, estimates on the rate of utilization of managed services across the hospital market vary significantly, ranging from X percent to X percent. Very few hospitals outsource their entire RCM function (>X percent), but some do.• Total revenue for the U.S. hospital RCM market is estimated at $X million for the base year, 2012. This figure includes revenue derived from application software and selected services. Computer hardware is excluded from this calculation.• Total market revenue is expected to increase steadily year over year, reaching $X million in 2017, representing a X percent increase from 2012. The total market revenue CAGR for the 2012 to 2017 forecast period is Xpercent.• The majority of the revenue for hospital RCM will come from replacements and/or updates of legacy systems, including the addition of new modules to enable more advanced capabilities required by healthcare reform. In addition, hospitals will increase their use of managed services and consultants to address internal staffing and skill shortages, provide niche services, and lower costs for some routine administrative functions.
1. The healthcare industry is in a state of dramatic transition and transformation that impacts every segment of the market.2. Hospitals are increasingly struggling with financial constraints that threaten to grow worse with time.3. Many currently installed RCM systems have clumsy and outmoded technology platforms that must be replaced.4. Legacy vendors serving the hospital RCM market have failed to innovate, opening the door for new market entrants.5. The distinction between applications and services will continue to blur as vendors add new capacities to address diverse and growing customer needs.
Definitions and Scope of Study
This Study Pertains to the Following Region:
• The United States• Over the period:- Base year—2012- Forecast period—2013 to 2017
Products Included in Study
• Proprietary software applications that comprise core platform and point solutions used to manage various components of the patient revenue cycle process in non-federal short-term general and other special hospitals.
• Software applications encompassing a variety of technology approaches including installed client/server systems, Web-hosted solutions, and software as a service (SaaS) are included in the analysis.
• The study also covers consulting and outsourcing services that hospitals use in conjunction with various aspects of managing the patient revenue cycle.
Products Not Included in Study
• Software applications and related services used to manage the patient revenue cycle in ambulatory settings (physician offices), nursing homes, managed care organizations, long-term care facilities, or other non-hospital care settings.
Key Issues this Study will Address
• What does the hospital revenue cycle management (RCM) process entail, and what are the key products and solutions utilized?• What drives the current need for hospitals to adopt new RCM technology solutions and related services?• What is the current penetration of core platform solutions, and who are the leading vendors providing these solutions?• What are some of the new functionalities that hospitals look for in next-generation RCM? • What is the expected revenue for the total hospital RCM market and key market segments over the next five years?• How will key macro trends impact the market over the next five years?
Table Of Contents1. Executive Summary
2. Study Scope and Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
4. Market Analysis
5. Hospital RCM Market
6. External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
7. Competitive Market Structure
8. Competitor Profiles
9. Forecast and Trends
10. Demand Analysis
11. The Last Word (Conclusions and Implications)
Contact Clare: [email protected]
US:(339) 368 6001
Intl:+1 339 368 6001
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,317
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,730
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, will discuss how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your ...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,303
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Oct. 1, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 607
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Oct. 1, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,765
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Oct. 1, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,198
In his General Session at DevOps Summit, Asaf Yigal, Co-Founder & VP of Product at Logz.io, will explore the value of Kibana 4 for log analysis and will give a real live, hands-on tutorial on how to set up Kibana 4 and get the most out of Apache log files. He will examine three use cases: IT operations, business intelligence, and security and compliance. This is a hands-on session that will require participants to bring their own laptops, and we will provide the rest.
Oct. 1, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,527
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Oct. 1, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,068
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Oct. 1, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 871
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Oct. 1, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,191
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,551
What are the new priorities for the connected business? First: businesses need to think differently about the types of connections they will need to make – these span well beyond the traditional app to app into more modern forms of integration including SaaS integrations, mobile integrations, APIs, device integration and Big Data integration. It’s important these are unified together vs. doing them all piecemeal. Second, these types of connections need to be simple to design, adapt and configure...
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 664
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,341
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,276