|By PR Newswire||
|April 11, 2013 08:50 AM EDT||
NEW YORK, April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Overview and Outlook, 2012-2017
Revenue cycle management (RCM) solutions are used to help healthcare providers to maximize the collection of payments from insurance companies and/or patients by rationalizing a number of complex processes that occur across the entire patient accounts pathway. A large number and variety of vendors serve the hospital RCM market. Many vendors offer both software applications and services, while others specialize in one or the other. Some vendors only address the hospital market and some sell products and/or services to hospitals as well as ambulatory providers.
• Revenue cycle management (RCM) solutions are used to help healthcare providers maximize the collection of payments from insurance companies and/or patients by rationalizing a number of complex processes and steps that occur across the entire patient-accounts pathway.• A number of different software applications are utilized to address specific tasks involved with managing the revenue cycle. RCM software applications are usually characterized in two segments—core, or platform, solutions, and point solutions, or "bolt-ons," which provide added functionalities to core applications. In addition to information technology, a number of RCM services such as consulting and outsourcing are used by healthcare providers to provide additional capabilities across the RCM process.• A large number and variety of vendors serve the hospital RCM market. Many vendors offer both software applications and services, while others specialize in one or the other. Some vendors only address the hospital market and some sell products and/or services to hospitals as well as ambulatory providers including physicians and other providers.• Today, there are well over Xvendors serving the hospital RCM market in some capacity, and that number is expected to grow, particularly among vendors of point solutions and services, as hospitals increasingly focus on re-engineering RCM to meet growing challenges associated with healthcare reform.• In recent years, RCM solutions have taken a backseat to clinical systems because of providers' focus on adopting clinical solutions like electronic health records (EHRs) needed to meet Meaningful Use (MU). As the MU program matures, hospitals are expected to shift their focus to RCM in order to prepare for changes in reimbursement and patient demographics.• Today, revenue cycle processes and workflows are receiving unprecedented attention in the market as hospitals realize they must take every measure to maximize revenue and address inefficiencies and shortfalls in getting paid fully and on a timely basis. Many hospitals will need to significantly re-engineer their entire RCM function, and most seek solutions that offer robust integration between clinical and financial systems.• The current penetration of RCM solutions for the inpatient (hospital) environment varies by type of application. Software applications needed for the core functions of patient registration, scheduling, billing, coding, and claims processing are almost universally adopted in hospitals today (> X percent), while other RCM applications are less penetrated or significantly vary in penetration across various types of hospitals.• In terms of services, estimates on the rate of utilization of managed services across the hospital market vary significantly, ranging from X percent to X percent. Very few hospitals outsource their entire RCM function (>X percent), but some do.• Total revenue for the U.S. hospital RCM market is estimated at $X million for the base year, 2012. This figure includes revenue derived from application software and selected services. Computer hardware is excluded from this calculation.• Total market revenue is expected to increase steadily year over year, reaching $X million in 2017, representing a X percent increase from 2012. The total market revenue CAGR for the 2012 to 2017 forecast period is Xpercent.• The majority of the revenue for hospital RCM will come from replacements and/or updates of legacy systems, including the addition of new modules to enable more advanced capabilities required by healthcare reform. In addition, hospitals will increase their use of managed services and consultants to address internal staffing and skill shortages, provide niche services, and lower costs for some routine administrative functions.
1. The healthcare industry is in a state of dramatic transition and transformation that impacts every segment of the market.2. Hospitals are increasingly struggling with financial constraints that threaten to grow worse with time.3. Many currently installed RCM systems have clumsy and outmoded technology platforms that must be replaced.4. Legacy vendors serving the hospital RCM market have failed to innovate, opening the door for new market entrants.5. The distinction between applications and services will continue to blur as vendors add new capacities to address diverse and growing customer needs.
Definitions and Scope of Study
This Study Pertains to the Following Region:
• The United States• Over the period:- Base year—2012- Forecast period—2013 to 2017
Products Included in Study
• Proprietary software applications that comprise core platform and point solutions used to manage various components of the patient revenue cycle process in non-federal short-term general and other special hospitals.
• Software applications encompassing a variety of technology approaches including installed client/server systems, Web-hosted solutions, and software as a service (SaaS) are included in the analysis.
• The study also covers consulting and outsourcing services that hospitals use in conjunction with various aspects of managing the patient revenue cycle.
Products Not Included in Study
• Software applications and related services used to manage the patient revenue cycle in ambulatory settings (physician offices), nursing homes, managed care organizations, long-term care facilities, or other non-hospital care settings.
Key Issues this Study will Address
• What does the hospital revenue cycle management (RCM) process entail, and what are the key products and solutions utilized?• What drives the current need for hospitals to adopt new RCM technology solutions and related services?• What is the current penetration of core platform solutions, and who are the leading vendors providing these solutions?• What are some of the new functionalities that hospitals look for in next-generation RCM? • What is the expected revenue for the total hospital RCM market and key market segments over the next five years?• How will key macro trends impact the market over the next five years?
Table Of Contents1. Executive Summary
2. Study Scope and Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
4. Market Analysis
5. Hospital RCM Market
6. External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
7. Competitive Market Structure
8. Competitor Profiles
9. Forecast and Trends
10. Demand Analysis
11. The Last Word (Conclusions and Implications)
Contact Clare: [email protected]
US:(339) 368 6001
Intl:+1 339 368 6001
In his keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Sheng Liang, co-founder and CEO of Rancher Labs, discussed the technological advances and new business opportunities created by the rapid adoption of containers. With the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and various open source technologies used to build private clouds, cloud computing has become an essential component of IT strategy. However, users continue to face challenges in implementing clouds, as older technologies evolve and newer ones like Docker c...
Apr. 23, 2017 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,387
SYS-CON Events announced today that Twistlock, the leading provider of cloud container security solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Twistlock is the industry's first enterprise security suite for container security. Twistlock's technology addresses risks on the host and within the application of the container, enabling enterprises to consistently enforce security policies, monitor...
Apr. 23, 2017 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,227
The Internet of Things is clearly many things: data collection and analytics, wearables, Smart Grids and Smart Cities, the Industrial Internet, and more. Cool platforms like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel's Galileo and Edison, and a diverse world of sensors are making the IoT a great toy box for developers in all these areas. In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists discussed what things are the most important, which will have the most profound e...
Apr. 23, 2017 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,860
Automation is enabling enterprises to design, deploy, and manage more complex, hybrid cloud environments. Yet the people who manage these environments must be trained in and understanding these environments better than ever before. A new era of analytics and cognitive computing is adding intelligence, but also more complexity, to these cloud environments. How smart is your cloud? How smart should it be? In this power panel at 20th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, pane...
Apr. 23, 2017 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,792
The goal of Continuous Testing is to shift testing left to find defects earlier and release software faster. This can be achieved by integrating a set of open source functional and performance testing tools in the early stages of your software delivery lifecycle. There is one process that binds all application delivery stages together into one well-orchestrated machine: Continuous Testing. Continuous Testing is the conveyor belt between the Software Factory and production stages. Artifacts are ...
Apr. 23, 2017 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 713
Blockchain is a shared, secure record of exchange that establishes trust, accountability and transparency across supply chain networks. Supported by the Linux Foundation's open source, open-standards based Hyperledger Project, Blockchain has the potential to improve regulatory compliance, reduce cost and time for product recall as well as advance trade. Are you curious about Blockchain and how it can provide you with new opportunities for innovation and growth? In her session at 20th Cloud Exp...
Apr. 23, 2017 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,338
@ThingsExpo has been named the Most Influential ‘Smart Cities - IIoT' Account and @BigDataExpo has been named fourteenth by Right Relevance (RR), which provides curated information and intelligence on approximately 50,000 topics. In addition, Right Relevance provides an Insights offering that combines the above Topics and Influencers information with real time conversations to provide actionable intelligence with visualizations to enable decision making. The Insights service is applicable to eve...
Apr. 23, 2017 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,297
SYS-CON Events announced today that Grape Up will exhibit at SYS-CON's 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on Oct. 31 – Nov 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Grape Up is a software company specializing in cloud native application development and professional services related to Cloud Foundry PaaS. With five expert teams that operate in various sectors of the market across the U.S. and Europe, Grape Up works with a variety of customers from emergi...
Apr. 23, 2017 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,546
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitachi, the leading provider the Internet of Things and Digital Transformation, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Hitachi Data Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., offers an integrated portfolio of services and solutions that enable digital transformation through enhanced data management, governance, mobility and analytics. We help globa...
Apr. 23, 2017 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,758
SYS-CON Events announced today that Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Juniper Networks challenges the status quo with products, solutions and services that transform the economics of networking. The company co-innovates with customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure network...
Apr. 23, 2017 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,655
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named "Platinum Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and 21st International Cloud Expo, which will take place in November in Silicon Valley, California.
Apr. 23, 2017 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,902
Developers want to create better apps faster. Static clouds are giving way to scalable systems, with dynamic resource allocation and application monitoring. You won't hear that chant from users on any picket line, but helping developers to create better apps faster is the mission of Lee Atchison, principal cloud architect and advocate at New Relic Inc., based in San Francisco. His singular job is to understand and drive the industry in the areas of cloud architecture, microservices, scalability ...
Apr. 23, 2017 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,151
Back in February of 2017, Andrew Clay Schafer of Pivotal tweeted the following: “seriously tho, the whole software industry is stuck on deployment when we desperately need architecture and telemetry.” Intrigue in a 140 characters. For me, I hear Andrew saying, “we’re jumping to step 5 before we’ve successfully completed steps 1-4.”
Apr. 23, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,266
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain.
Apr. 23, 2017 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,196
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTred processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Apr. 23, 2017 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,417