|By PR Newswire||
|April 11, 2013 08:50 AM EDT||
NEW YORK, April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Overview and Outlook, 2012-2017
Revenue cycle management (RCM) solutions are used to help healthcare providers to maximize the collection of payments from insurance companies and/or patients by rationalizing a number of complex processes that occur across the entire patient accounts pathway. A large number and variety of vendors serve the hospital RCM market. Many vendors offer both software applications and services, while others specialize in one or the other. Some vendors only address the hospital market and some sell products and/or services to hospitals as well as ambulatory providers.
• Revenue cycle management (RCM) solutions are used to help healthcare providers maximize the collection of payments from insurance companies and/or patients by rationalizing a number of complex processes and steps that occur across the entire patient-accounts pathway.• A number of different software applications are utilized to address specific tasks involved with managing the revenue cycle. RCM software applications are usually characterized in two segments—core, or platform, solutions, and point solutions, or "bolt-ons," which provide added functionalities to core applications. In addition to information technology, a number of RCM services such as consulting and outsourcing are used by healthcare providers to provide additional capabilities across the RCM process.• A large number and variety of vendors serve the hospital RCM market. Many vendors offer both software applications and services, while others specialize in one or the other. Some vendors only address the hospital market and some sell products and/or services to hospitals as well as ambulatory providers including physicians and other providers.• Today, there are well over Xvendors serving the hospital RCM market in some capacity, and that number is expected to grow, particularly among vendors of point solutions and services, as hospitals increasingly focus on re-engineering RCM to meet growing challenges associated with healthcare reform.• In recent years, RCM solutions have taken a backseat to clinical systems because of providers' focus on adopting clinical solutions like electronic health records (EHRs) needed to meet Meaningful Use (MU). As the MU program matures, hospitals are expected to shift their focus to RCM in order to prepare for changes in reimbursement and patient demographics.• Today, revenue cycle processes and workflows are receiving unprecedented attention in the market as hospitals realize they must take every measure to maximize revenue and address inefficiencies and shortfalls in getting paid fully and on a timely basis. Many hospitals will need to significantly re-engineer their entire RCM function, and most seek solutions that offer robust integration between clinical and financial systems.• The current penetration of RCM solutions for the inpatient (hospital) environment varies by type of application. Software applications needed for the core functions of patient registration, scheduling, billing, coding, and claims processing are almost universally adopted in hospitals today (> X percent), while other RCM applications are less penetrated or significantly vary in penetration across various types of hospitals.• In terms of services, estimates on the rate of utilization of managed services across the hospital market vary significantly, ranging from X percent to X percent. Very few hospitals outsource their entire RCM function (>X percent), but some do.• Total revenue for the U.S. hospital RCM market is estimated at $X million for the base year, 2012. This figure includes revenue derived from application software and selected services. Computer hardware is excluded from this calculation.• Total market revenue is expected to increase steadily year over year, reaching $X million in 2017, representing a X percent increase from 2012. The total market revenue CAGR for the 2012 to 2017 forecast period is Xpercent.• The majority of the revenue for hospital RCM will come from replacements and/or updates of legacy systems, including the addition of new modules to enable more advanced capabilities required by healthcare reform. In addition, hospitals will increase their use of managed services and consultants to address internal staffing and skill shortages, provide niche services, and lower costs for some routine administrative functions.
1. The healthcare industry is in a state of dramatic transition and transformation that impacts every segment of the market.2. Hospitals are increasingly struggling with financial constraints that threaten to grow worse with time.3. Many currently installed RCM systems have clumsy and outmoded technology platforms that must be replaced.4. Legacy vendors serving the hospital RCM market have failed to innovate, opening the door for new market entrants.5. The distinction between applications and services will continue to blur as vendors add new capacities to address diverse and growing customer needs.
Definitions and Scope of Study
This Study Pertains to the Following Region:
• The United States• Over the period:- Base year—2012- Forecast period—2013 to 2017
Products Included in Study
• Proprietary software applications that comprise core platform and point solutions used to manage various components of the patient revenue cycle process in non-federal short-term general and other special hospitals.
• Software applications encompassing a variety of technology approaches including installed client/server systems, Web-hosted solutions, and software as a service (SaaS) are included in the analysis.
• The study also covers consulting and outsourcing services that hospitals use in conjunction with various aspects of managing the patient revenue cycle.
Products Not Included in Study
• Software applications and related services used to manage the patient revenue cycle in ambulatory settings (physician offices), nursing homes, managed care organizations, long-term care facilities, or other non-hospital care settings.
Key Issues this Study will Address
• What does the hospital revenue cycle management (RCM) process entail, and what are the key products and solutions utilized?• What drives the current need for hospitals to adopt new RCM technology solutions and related services?• What is the current penetration of core platform solutions, and who are the leading vendors providing these solutions?• What are some of the new functionalities that hospitals look for in next-generation RCM? • What is the expected revenue for the total hospital RCM market and key market segments over the next five years?• How will key macro trends impact the market over the next five years?
Table Of Contents1. Executive Summary
2. Study Scope and Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
4. Market Analysis
5. Hospital RCM Market
6. External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
7. Competitive Market Structure
8. Competitor Profiles
9. Forecast and Trends
10. Demand Analysis
11. The Last Word (Conclusions and Implications)
Contact Clare: [email protected]
US:(339) 368 6001
Intl:+1 339 368 6001
Building a cross-cloud operational model can be a daunting task. Per-cloud silos are not the answer, but neither is a fully generic abstraction plane that strips out capabilities unique to a particular provider. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Wolf, VP & Chief Technology Officer, Global Field & Industry at VMware, will discuss how successful organizations approach cloud operations and management, with insights into where operations should be centralized and when it’s best to decentraliz...
Mar. 26, 2017 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,559
The taxi industry never saw Uber coming. Startups are a threat to incumbents like never before, and a major enabler for startups is that they are instantly “cloud ready.” If innovation moves at the pace of IT, then your company is in trouble. Why? Because your data center will not keep up with frenetic pace AWS, Microsoft and Google are rolling out new capabilities In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Don Browning, VP of Cloud Architecture at Turner, will posit that disruption is inevitable for c...
Mar. 26, 2017 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,093
Providing the needed data for application development and testing is a huge headache for most organizations. The problems are often the same across companies - speed, quality, cost, and control. Provisioning data can take days or weeks, every time a refresh is required. Using dummy data leads to quality problems. Creating physical copies of large data sets and sending them to distributed teams of developers eats up expensive storage and bandwidth resources. And, all of these copies proliferating...
Mar. 26, 2017 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 6,506
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Mar. 26, 2017 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,783
DevOps has often been described in terms of CAMS: Culture, Automation, Measuring, Sharing. While we’ve seen a lot of focus on the “A” and even on the “M”, there are very few examples of why the “C" is equally important in the DevOps equation. In her session at @DevOps Summit, Lori MacVittie, of F5 Networks, explored HTTP/1 and HTTP/2 along with Microservices to illustrate why a collaborative culture between Dev, Ops, and the Network is critical to ensuring success.
Mar. 26, 2017 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 10,524
Interoute has announced the integration of its Global Cloud Infrastructure platform with Rancher Labs’ container management platform, Rancher. This approach enables enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation and infrastructure investments. Matthew Finnie, Interoute CTO commented “Enterprises developing and building apps in the cloud and those on a path to Digital Transformation need Digital ICT Infrastructure that allows them to build, test and deploy faster than ever before. The int...
Mar. 26, 2017 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 928
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Mar. 26, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,720
SYS-CON Events announced today that Conference Guru has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. A valuable conference experience generates new contacts, sales leads, potential strategic partners and potential investors; helps gather competitive intelligence and even provides inspiration for new products and services. Conference Guru works with conference organizers to pass great dea...
Mar. 26, 2017 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,333
SYS-CON Events announced today that Technologic Systems Inc., an embedded systems solutions company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Technologic Systems is an embedded systems company with headquarters in Fountain Hills, Arizona. They have been in business for 32 years, helping more than 8,000 OEM customers and building over a hundred COTS products that have never been discontinued. Technologic Systems’ pr...
Mar. 26, 2017 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,370
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Mar. 26, 2017 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,814
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing Cloud strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo, June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY and October 31 - November 2, 2017, Santa Clara Convention Center, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is on the right path to Digital Transformation.
Mar. 26, 2017 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 8,484
Deep learning has been very successful in social sciences and specially areas where there is a lot of data. Trading is another field that can be viewed as social science with a lot of data. With the advent of Deep Learning and Big Data technologies for efficient computation, we are finally able to use the same methods in investment management as we would in face recognition or in making chat-bots. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Gaurav Chakravorty, co-founder and Head of Strategy Development ...
Mar. 26, 2017 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,550
SYS-CON Events announced today that Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Mar. 26, 2017 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,110
What if you could build a web application that could support true web-scale traffic without having to ever provision or manage a single server? Sounds magical, and it is! In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Munns, Senior Developer Advocate for Serverless Applications at Amazon Web Services, will show how to build a serverless website that scales automatically using services like AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, and Amazon S3. We will review several frameworks that can help you build serverle...
Mar. 26, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,894
SYS-CON Events announced today that Loom Systems will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Founded in 2015, Loom Systems delivers an advanced AI solution to predict and prevent problems in the digital business. Loom stands alone in the industry as an AI analysis platform requiring no prior math knowledge from operators, leveraging the existing staff to succeed in the digital era. With offices in S...
Mar. 26, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,281