|By PR Newswire||
|April 11, 2013 08:50 AM EDT||
NEW YORK, April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Overview and Outlook, 2012-2017
Revenue cycle management (RCM) solutions are used to help healthcare providers to maximize the collection of payments from insurance companies and/or patients by rationalizing a number of complex processes that occur across the entire patient accounts pathway. A large number and variety of vendors serve the hospital RCM market. Many vendors offer both software applications and services, while others specialize in one or the other. Some vendors only address the hospital market and some sell products and/or services to hospitals as well as ambulatory providers.
• Revenue cycle management (RCM) solutions are used to help healthcare providers maximize the collection of payments from insurance companies and/or patients by rationalizing a number of complex processes and steps that occur across the entire patient-accounts pathway.• A number of different software applications are utilized to address specific tasks involved with managing the revenue cycle. RCM software applications are usually characterized in two segments—core, or platform, solutions, and point solutions, or "bolt-ons," which provide added functionalities to core applications. In addition to information technology, a number of RCM services such as consulting and outsourcing are used by healthcare providers to provide additional capabilities across the RCM process.• A large number and variety of vendors serve the hospital RCM market. Many vendors offer both software applications and services, while others specialize in one or the other. Some vendors only address the hospital market and some sell products and/or services to hospitals as well as ambulatory providers including physicians and other providers.• Today, there are well over Xvendors serving the hospital RCM market in some capacity, and that number is expected to grow, particularly among vendors of point solutions and services, as hospitals increasingly focus on re-engineering RCM to meet growing challenges associated with healthcare reform.• In recent years, RCM solutions have taken a backseat to clinical systems because of providers' focus on adopting clinical solutions like electronic health records (EHRs) needed to meet Meaningful Use (MU). As the MU program matures, hospitals are expected to shift their focus to RCM in order to prepare for changes in reimbursement and patient demographics.• Today, revenue cycle processes and workflows are receiving unprecedented attention in the market as hospitals realize they must take every measure to maximize revenue and address inefficiencies and shortfalls in getting paid fully and on a timely basis. Many hospitals will need to significantly re-engineer their entire RCM function, and most seek solutions that offer robust integration between clinical and financial systems.• The current penetration of RCM solutions for the inpatient (hospital) environment varies by type of application. Software applications needed for the core functions of patient registration, scheduling, billing, coding, and claims processing are almost universally adopted in hospitals today (> X percent), while other RCM applications are less penetrated or significantly vary in penetration across various types of hospitals.• In terms of services, estimates on the rate of utilization of managed services across the hospital market vary significantly, ranging from X percent to X percent. Very few hospitals outsource their entire RCM function (>X percent), but some do.• Total revenue for the U.S. hospital RCM market is estimated at $X million for the base year, 2012. This figure includes revenue derived from application software and selected services. Computer hardware is excluded from this calculation.• Total market revenue is expected to increase steadily year over year, reaching $X million in 2017, representing a X percent increase from 2012. The total market revenue CAGR for the 2012 to 2017 forecast period is Xpercent.• The majority of the revenue for hospital RCM will come from replacements and/or updates of legacy systems, including the addition of new modules to enable more advanced capabilities required by healthcare reform. In addition, hospitals will increase their use of managed services and consultants to address internal staffing and skill shortages, provide niche services, and lower costs for some routine administrative functions.
1. The healthcare industry is in a state of dramatic transition and transformation that impacts every segment of the market.2. Hospitals are increasingly struggling with financial constraints that threaten to grow worse with time.3. Many currently installed RCM systems have clumsy and outmoded technology platforms that must be replaced.4. Legacy vendors serving the hospital RCM market have failed to innovate, opening the door for new market entrants.5. The distinction between applications and services will continue to blur as vendors add new capacities to address diverse and growing customer needs.
Definitions and Scope of Study
This Study Pertains to the Following Region:
• The United States• Over the period:- Base year—2012- Forecast period—2013 to 2017
Products Included in Study
• Proprietary software applications that comprise core platform and point solutions used to manage various components of the patient revenue cycle process in non-federal short-term general and other special hospitals.
• Software applications encompassing a variety of technology approaches including installed client/server systems, Web-hosted solutions, and software as a service (SaaS) are included in the analysis.
• The study also covers consulting and outsourcing services that hospitals use in conjunction with various aspects of managing the patient revenue cycle.
Products Not Included in Study
• Software applications and related services used to manage the patient revenue cycle in ambulatory settings (physician offices), nursing homes, managed care organizations, long-term care facilities, or other non-hospital care settings.
Key Issues this Study will Address
• What does the hospital revenue cycle management (RCM) process entail, and what are the key products and solutions utilized?• What drives the current need for hospitals to adopt new RCM technology solutions and related services?• What is the current penetration of core platform solutions, and who are the leading vendors providing these solutions?• What are some of the new functionalities that hospitals look for in next-generation RCM? • What is the expected revenue for the total hospital RCM market and key market segments over the next five years?• How will key macro trends impact the market over the next five years?
Table Of Contents1. Executive Summary
2. Study Scope and Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
4. Market Analysis
5. Hospital RCM Market
6. External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
7. Competitive Market Structure
8. Competitor Profiles
9. Forecast and Trends
10. Demand Analysis
11. The Last Word (Conclusions and Implications)
Contact Clare: [email protected]
US:(339) 368 6001
Intl:+1 339 368 6001
Intelligent machines are here. Robots, self-driving cars, drones, bots and many IoT devices are becoming smarter with Machine Learning. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Sudha Jamthe, CEO of IoTDisruptions.com, will discuss the next wave of business disruption at the junction of IoT and AI, impacting many industries and set to change our lives, work and world as we know it.
Oct. 27, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 494
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to focus on the core of their online busine...
Oct. 27, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,459
In the 21st century, security on the Internet has become one of the most important issues. We hear more and more about cyber-attacks on the websites of large corporations, banks and even small businesses. When online we’re concerned not only for our own safety but also our privacy. We have to know that hackers usually start their preparation by investigating the private information of admins – the habits, interests, visited websites and so on. On the other hand, our own security is in danger bec...
Oct. 27, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 637
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Oct. 27, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 280
The Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF), sponsor of the IoTivity open source project, and AllSeen Alliance, which provides the AllJoyn® open source IoT framework, today announced that the two organizations’ boards have approved a merger under the OCF name and bylaws. This merger will advance interoperability between connected devices from both groups, enabling the full operating potential of IoT and representing a significant step towards a connected ecosystem.
Oct. 27, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,324
Kubernetes, Docker and containers are changing the world, and how companies are deploying their software and running their infrastructure. With the shift in how applications are built and deployed, new challenges must be solved. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, will discuss the implications of containerized applications/infrastructures and their impact on the enterprise. In a real world example based on Kubernetes, he will show how to ...
Oct. 27, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,986
November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Penta Security is a leading vendor for data security solutions, including its encryption solution, D’Amo. By using FPE technology, D’Amo allows for the implementation of encryption technology to sensitive data fields without modification to schema in the database environment. With businesses having their data become increasingly more complicated in their mission-critical applications (such as ERP, CRM, HRM), continued ...
Oct. 27, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,182
Enterprises have been using both Big Data and virtualization for years. Until recently, however, most enterprises have not combined the two. Big Data's demands for higher levels of performance, the ability to control quality-of-service (QoS), and the ability to adhere to SLAs have kept it on bare metal, apart from the modern data center cloud. With recent technology innovations, we've seen the advantages of bare metal erode to such a degree that the enhanced flexibility and reduced costs that cl...
Oct. 27, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 607
SYS-CON Events announced today that Embotics, the cloud automation company, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Embotics is the cloud automation company for IT organizations and service providers that need to improve provisioning or enable self-service capabilities. With a relentless focus on delivering a premier user experience and unmatched customer support, Embotics is the fas...
Oct. 27, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,061
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudbric, a leading website security provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloudbric is an elite full service website protection solution specifically designed for IT novices, entrepreneurs, and small and medium businesses. First launched in 2015, Cloudbric is based on the enterprise level Web Application Firewall by Penta Security Sys...
Oct. 27, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,337
Governments around the world are adopting Safe Harbor privacy provisions to protect customer data from leaving sovereign territories. Increasingly, global companies are required to create new instances of their server clusters in multiple countries to keep abreast of these new Safe Harbor laws. Is it worth it? In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Adam Rogers, Managing Director of Anexia, Inc., will discuss how to keep your data legal and still stay in business.
Oct. 27, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,553
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Oct. 27, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,278
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Nick Son, Vice President of Cyber Risk & Public Sector at Coalfire, will discuss the latest information on the FedRAMP Program. Topics will cover: FedRAMP Readiness Assessment Report (RAR). This new process is designed to streamline and accelerate the FedRAMP process from the traditional timeline by initially focusing on technical capability instead of documentation preparedness. FedRAMP for High-impact level systems. Early in 2016 FedRAMP officially publishe...
Oct. 27, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 618
SYS-CON Events announced today that Impiger Technologies will exhibit in Booth #109 at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Impiger Technologies is a world-class, enterprise software product engineering company specializing in Mobile Application Development, Cloud Applications, Microsoft Technology Solutions, Web Technology and Telecom Services. Impiger Technologies helps enterprises improve busi...
Oct. 27, 2016 03:44 PM EDT Reads: 268
Qosmos, the market leader for IP traffic classification and network intelligence technology, has announced that it will launch the Launch L7 Viewer at CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley, being held November 1 – 3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The L7 Viewer is a traffic analysis tool that provides complete visibility of all network traffic that crosses a virtualized infrastructure, up to Layer 7. It facilitates and accelerates common IT tasks such as VM migra...
Oct. 27, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 568