|By Marketwired .||
|May 14, 2013 02:00 AM EDT||
NICE, FRANCE -- (Marketwired) -- 05/14/13 -- TM FORUM MANAGEMENT WORLD -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
SaskTel implemented a comprehensive suite of Oracle solutions to support an enhanced cross-channel customer experience and improve service offer design and order delivery for its digital TV, Internet, phone and next-generation service offerings. With Oracle support, SaskTel transformed its business support system (BSS) environment to help increase customer loyalty and reduce churn.
- Today, Oracle announced that SaskTel -- a leading full service communications service provider (CSP) in Canada's Saskatchewan province -- has implemented Oracle Communications Unified Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) Solution and Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery Solution to help provide a consistent customer experience.
- Facing increased competition from traditional and non-traditional CSPs, SaskTel sought to increase customer loyalty by enhancing its cross-channel customer experience, simplifying its business processes and streamlining sales to reduce order fallout.
- SaskTel transformed its BSS environment to improve the customer experience and reduce churn with the support of Oracle Communications Unified CRM and BRM Solution, which helped remove redundancies in its IT environment to reduce sales order capture complexity and create a uniform sales order process. Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery Solution also helped enhance the overall customer experience by reducing order fallout and enabling greater operational efficiency for billing and service provisioning.
- With the comprehensive suite of TM Forum-certified Oracle solutions, SaskTel can:
- Streamline order and service management through a single touch order capture process, increasing its ability to handle large order volumes, reducing order fallout and improving the customer experience
- Enable detailed upfront credit checks to help simplify the order process
- Ensure customer data accuracy across channels with streamlined and integrated solutions
- Enhance ability to provision Internet, voice and next-generation data services while also adding robust rating, charging and revenue management capabilities to help increase cross- and up-sell opportunities
- Improve supply chain management capabilities to more quickly deliver products and services to customers and enhance the customer experience
- SaskTel also plans to implement Oracle ATG Web Commerce to further enhance the customer experience by providing consistent product, pricing and promotional messaging across assisted and self-service channels.
- SaskTel and Oracle will be in booth 31 at TM Forum Management World in Nice to discuss the implementation process and SaskTel's enhanced service creation, order delivery and customer experience environment.
- "The combination of Oracle solutions in CRM, order management and billing coupled with a disciplined approach to business simplification has dramatically transformed our customer experience. Our sales team can now, more than ever, focus on the customer without worrying about system and process complexities. Importantly, our customers get what they want much quicker, which is what this is really all about," said John Hill, chief information officer, SaskTel.
- "Oracle is focused on helping CSPs maximize customer value through unified solutions to support end-to-end order and customer lifecycle management. We are pleased to help SaskTel differentiate itself from competitors, increase customer focus and enhance TV, voice, Internet and next-generation service offerings through a streamlined and integrated BSS environment," said Bhaskar Gorti, vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.
- Oracle Communications
- Oracle Communications Unified Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) Solution
- Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery Solution
- Oracle ATG Web Commerce
- Oracle Communications on YouTube
- Oracle Communications on Diigo
- Oracle Communications on Facebook
- Oracle Communications on Twitter
- Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
About Oracle Communications
Oracle's software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape -- from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than three billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/communications/index.html
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Sep. 30, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,156
What does it look like when you have access to cloud infrastructure and platform under the same roof? Let’s talk about the different layers of Technology as a Service: who cares, what runs where, and how does it all fit together. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Lead Technology Evangelist at SoftLayer, an IBM company, spoke about the picture being painted by IBM Cloud and how the tools being crafted can help fill the gaps in your IT infrastructure.
Sep. 30, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,083
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of (at least) three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the back-end service, and the mobile application for the end user’s controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/target –...
Sep. 30, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,564
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Sep. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 494
According to Forrester Research, every business will become either a digital predator or digital prey by 2020. To avoid demise, organizations must rapidly create new sources of value in their end-to-end customer experiences. True digital predators also must break down information and process silos and extend digital transformation initiatives to empower employees with the digital resources needed to win, serve, and retain customers.
Sep. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 541
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Sep. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,987
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 763
Ask someone to architect an Internet of Things (IoT) solution and you are guaranteed to see a reference to the cloud. This would lead you to believe that IoT requires the cloud to exist. However, there are many IoT use cases where the cloud is not feasible or desirable. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, will discuss the strategies that exist to extend intelligence directly to IoT devices and sensors, freeing them from the constraints of ...
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,761
Let’s face it, embracing new storage technologies, capabilities and upgrading to new hardware often adds complexity and increases costs. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Seth Oxenhorn, Vice President of Business Development & Alliances at FalconStor, discussed how a truly heterogeneous software-defined storage approach can add value to legacy platforms and heterogeneous environments. The result reduces complexity, significantly lowers cost, and provides IT organizations with improved efficienc...
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,619
Businesses are struggling to manage the information flow and interactions between all of these new devices and things jumping on their network, and the apps and IT systems they control. The data businesses gather is only helpful if they can do something with it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Witeck, Principal Technology Strategist at Citrix, will discuss how different the impact of IoT will be for large businesses, expanding how IoT will allow large organizations to make their legacy ap...
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 464
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,478
SYS-CON Events announced today that CDS Global Cloud, an Infrastructure as a Service provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CDS Global Cloud is an IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) provider specializing in solutions for e-commerce, internet gaming, online education and other internet applications. With a growing number of data centers and network points around the world, ...
Sep. 30, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,029
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Sep. 30, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 583
24Notion is full-service global creative digital marketing, technology and lifestyle agency that combines strategic ideas with customized tactical execution. With a broad understand of the art of traditional marketing, new media, communications and social influence, 24Notion uniquely understands how to connect your brand strategy with the right consumer. 24Notion ranked #12 on Corporate Social Responsibility - Book of List.
Sep. 30, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 245
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Sep. 30, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 249