|By Marketwired .||
|May 14, 2013 02:00 AM EDT||
NICE, FRANCE -- (Marketwired) -- 05/14/13 -- TM FORUM MANAGEMENT WORLD -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
SaskTel implemented a comprehensive suite of Oracle solutions to support an enhanced cross-channel customer experience and improve service offer design and order delivery for its digital TV, Internet, phone and next-generation service offerings. With Oracle support, SaskTel transformed its business support system (BSS) environment to help increase customer loyalty and reduce churn.
- Today, Oracle announced that SaskTel -- a leading full service communications service provider (CSP) in Canada's Saskatchewan province -- has implemented Oracle Communications Unified Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) Solution and Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery Solution to help provide a consistent customer experience.
- Facing increased competition from traditional and non-traditional CSPs, SaskTel sought to increase customer loyalty by enhancing its cross-channel customer experience, simplifying its business processes and streamlining sales to reduce order fallout.
- SaskTel transformed its BSS environment to improve the customer experience and reduce churn with the support of Oracle Communications Unified CRM and BRM Solution, which helped remove redundancies in its IT environment to reduce sales order capture complexity and create a uniform sales order process. Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery Solution also helped enhance the overall customer experience by reducing order fallout and enabling greater operational efficiency for billing and service provisioning.
- With the comprehensive suite of TM Forum-certified Oracle solutions, SaskTel can:
- Streamline order and service management through a single touch order capture process, increasing its ability to handle large order volumes, reducing order fallout and improving the customer experience
- Enable detailed upfront credit checks to help simplify the order process
- Ensure customer data accuracy across channels with streamlined and integrated solutions
- Enhance ability to provision Internet, voice and next-generation data services while also adding robust rating, charging and revenue management capabilities to help increase cross- and up-sell opportunities
- Improve supply chain management capabilities to more quickly deliver products and services to customers and enhance the customer experience
- SaskTel also plans to implement Oracle ATG Web Commerce to further enhance the customer experience by providing consistent product, pricing and promotional messaging across assisted and self-service channels.
- SaskTel and Oracle will be in booth 31 at TM Forum Management World in Nice to discuss the implementation process and SaskTel's enhanced service creation, order delivery and customer experience environment.
- "The combination of Oracle solutions in CRM, order management and billing coupled with a disciplined approach to business simplification has dramatically transformed our customer experience. Our sales team can now, more than ever, focus on the customer without worrying about system and process complexities. Importantly, our customers get what they want much quicker, which is what this is really all about," said John Hill, chief information officer, SaskTel.
- "Oracle is focused on helping CSPs maximize customer value through unified solutions to support end-to-end order and customer lifecycle management. We are pleased to help SaskTel differentiate itself from competitors, increase customer focus and enhance TV, voice, Internet and next-generation service offerings through a streamlined and integrated BSS environment," said Bhaskar Gorti, vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.
- Oracle Communications
- Oracle Communications Unified Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) Solution
- Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery Solution
- Oracle ATG Web Commerce
- Oracle Communications on YouTube
- Oracle Communications on Diigo
- Oracle Communications on Facebook
- Oracle Communications on Twitter
- Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
About Oracle Communications
Oracle's software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape -- from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than three billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/communications/index.html
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SYS-CON Events announced today that G2G3 will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based on a collective appreciation for user experience, design, and technology, G2G3 is uniquely qualified and motivated to redefine how organizations and people engage in an increasingly digital world.
Oct. 6, 2015 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 337
Recently announced Azure Data Lake addresses the big data 3V challenges; volume, velocity and variety. It is one more storage feature in addition to blobs and SQL Azure database. Azure Data Lake (should have been Azure Data Ocean IMHO) is really omnipotent. Just look at the key capabilities of Azure Data Lake:
Oct. 6, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 225
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, Chief Architect at CTS, will explore the synergy of Big Data and IoT. First he will take a closer look at the Internet of Things and Big Data individually, in terms of what, which, why, where, when, who, how and how much. Then he will explore the relationship between IoT and Big Data. Specifically, he will drill down to how the 4Vs aspects intersect with IoT: Volume, Variety, Velocity and Value. In turn, Tony will analyze how the key components of IoT ...
Oct. 6, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 306
When it comes to IoT in the enterprise, namely the commercial building and hospitality markets, a benefit not getting the attention it deserves is energy efficiency, and IoT’s direct impact on a cleaner, greener environment when installed in smart buildings. Until now clean technology was offered piecemeal and led with point solutions that require significant systems integration to orchestrate and deploy. There didn't exist a 'top down' approach that can manage and monitor the way a Smart Buildi...
Oct. 6, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 248
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloud Raxak has been named “Media & Session Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Raxak Protect automates security compliance across private and public clouds. Using the SaaS tool or managed service, developers can deploy cloud apps quickly, cost-effectively, and without error.
Oct. 6, 2015 04:40 PM EDT
As-a-service models offer huge opportunities, but also complicate security. It may seem that the easiest way to migrate to a new architectural model is to let others, experts in their field, do the work. This has given rise to many as-a-service models throughout the industry and across the entire technology stack, from software to infrastructure. While this has unlocked huge opportunities to accelerate the deployment of new capabilities or increase economic efficiencies within an organization, i...
Oct. 6, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 114
“All our customers are looking at the cloud ecosystem as an important part of their overall product strategy. Some see it evolve as a multi-cloud / hybrid cloud strategy, while others are embracing all forms of cloud offerings like PaaS, IaaS and SaaS in their solutions,” noted Suhas Joshi, Vice President – Technology, at Harbinger Group, in this exclusive Q&A with Cloud Expo Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff.
Oct. 6, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 370
Scott Guthrie's keynote presentation "Journey to the intelligent cloud" is a must view video. This is from AzureCon 2015, September 29, 2015 I have reproduced some screen shots in case you are unable to view this long video for one reason or another. One of the highlights is 3 datacenters coming on line in India.
Oct. 6, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 227
“The Internet of Things transforms the way organizations leverage machine data and gain insights from it,” noted Splunk’s CTO Snehal Antani, as Splunk announced accelerated momentum in Industrial Data and the IoT. The trend is driven by Splunk’s continued investment in its products and partner ecosystem as well as the creativity of customers and the flexibility to deploy Splunk IoT solutions as software, cloud services or in a hybrid environment. Customers are using Splunk® solutions to collect ...
Oct. 6, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 580
SYS-CON Events announced today that ProfitBricks, the provider of painless cloud infrastructure, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ProfitBricks is the IaaS provider that offers a painless cloud experience for all IT users, with no learning curve. ProfitBricks boasts flexible cloud servers and networking, an integrated Data Center Designer tool for visual control over the...
Oct. 6, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 737
You have your devices and your data, but what about the rest of your Internet of Things story? Two popular classes of technologies that nicely handle the Big Data analytics for Internet of Things are Apache Hadoop and NoSQL. Hadoop is designed for parallelizing analytical work across many servers and is ideal for the massive data volumes you create with IoT devices. NoSQL databases such as Apache HBase are ideal for storing and retrieving IoT data as “time series data.”
Oct. 6, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 458
Clearly the way forward is to move to cloud be it bare metal, VMs or containers. One aspect of the current public clouds that is slowing this cloud migration is cloud lock-in. Every cloud vendor is trying to make it very difficult to move out once a customer has chosen their cloud. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Naveen Nimmu, CEO of Clouber, Inc., will advocate that making the inter-cloud migration as simple as changing airlines would help the entire industry to quickly adopt the cloud wit...
Oct. 6, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 581
As the world moves towards more DevOps and microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Raghavan "Rags" Srinivas, an Architect/Developer Evangeli...
Oct. 6, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 106
DevOps is gaining traction in the federal government – and for good reasons. Heightened user expectations are pushing IT organizations to accelerate application development and support more innovation. At the same time, budgetary constraints require that agencies find ways to decrease the cost of developing, maintaining, and running applications. IT now faces a daunting task: do more and react faster than ever before – all with fewer resources.
Oct. 6, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 338
SYS-CON Events announced today that VividCortex, the monitoring solution for the modern data system, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The database is the heart of most applications, but it’s also the part that’s hardest to scale, monitor, and optimize even as it’s growing 50% year over year. VividCortex is the first unified suite of database monitoring tools specifically desi...
Oct. 6, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 411