|By Marketwired .||
|May 14, 2013 02:00 AM EDT||
NICE, FRANCE -- (Marketwired) -- 05/14/13 -- TM FORUM MANAGEMENT WORLD -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
SaskTel implemented a comprehensive suite of Oracle solutions to support an enhanced cross-channel customer experience and improve service offer design and order delivery for its digital TV, Internet, phone and next-generation service offerings. With Oracle support, SaskTel transformed its business support system (BSS) environment to help increase customer loyalty and reduce churn.
- Today, Oracle announced that SaskTel -- a leading full service communications service provider (CSP) in Canada's Saskatchewan province -- has implemented Oracle Communications Unified Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) Solution and Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery Solution to help provide a consistent customer experience.
- Facing increased competition from traditional and non-traditional CSPs, SaskTel sought to increase customer loyalty by enhancing its cross-channel customer experience, simplifying its business processes and streamlining sales to reduce order fallout.
- SaskTel transformed its BSS environment to improve the customer experience and reduce churn with the support of Oracle Communications Unified CRM and BRM Solution, which helped remove redundancies in its IT environment to reduce sales order capture complexity and create a uniform sales order process. Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery Solution also helped enhance the overall customer experience by reducing order fallout and enabling greater operational efficiency for billing and service provisioning.
- With the comprehensive suite of TM Forum-certified Oracle solutions, SaskTel can:
- Streamline order and service management through a single touch order capture process, increasing its ability to handle large order volumes, reducing order fallout and improving the customer experience
- Enable detailed upfront credit checks to help simplify the order process
- Ensure customer data accuracy across channels with streamlined and integrated solutions
- Enhance ability to provision Internet, voice and next-generation data services while also adding robust rating, charging and revenue management capabilities to help increase cross- and up-sell opportunities
- Improve supply chain management capabilities to more quickly deliver products and services to customers and enhance the customer experience
- SaskTel also plans to implement Oracle ATG Web Commerce to further enhance the customer experience by providing consistent product, pricing and promotional messaging across assisted and self-service channels.
- SaskTel and Oracle will be in booth 31 at TM Forum Management World in Nice to discuss the implementation process and SaskTel's enhanced service creation, order delivery and customer experience environment.
- "The combination of Oracle solutions in CRM, order management and billing coupled with a disciplined approach to business simplification has dramatically transformed our customer experience. Our sales team can now, more than ever, focus on the customer without worrying about system and process complexities. Importantly, our customers get what they want much quicker, which is what this is really all about," said John Hill, chief information officer, SaskTel.
- "Oracle is focused on helping CSPs maximize customer value through unified solutions to support end-to-end order and customer lifecycle management. We are pleased to help SaskTel differentiate itself from competitors, increase customer focus and enhance TV, voice, Internet and next-generation service offerings through a streamlined and integrated BSS environment," said Bhaskar Gorti, vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.
- Oracle Communications
- Oracle Communications Unified Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) Solution
- Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery Solution
- Oracle ATG Web Commerce
- Oracle Communications on YouTube
- Oracle Communications on Diigo
- Oracle Communications on Facebook
- Oracle Communications on Twitter
- Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
About Oracle Communications
Oracle's software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape -- from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than three billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/communications/index.html
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Container technology is shaping the future of DevOps and it’s also changing the way organizations think about application development. With the rise of mobile applications in the enterprise, businesses are abandoning year-long development cycles and embracing technologies that enable rapid development and continuous deployment of apps. In his session at DevOps Summit, Kurt Collins, Developer Evangelist at Built.io, examined how Docker has evolved into a highly effective tool for application del...
Nov. 26, 2015 07:00 PM EST Reads: 314
Cloud computing delivers on-demand resources that provide businesses with flexibility and cost-savings. The challenge in moving workloads to the cloud has been the cost and complexity of ensuring the initial and ongoing security and regulatory (PCI, HIPAA, FFIEC) compliance across private and public clouds. Manual security compliance is slow, prone to human error, and represents over 50% of the cost of managing cloud applications. Determining how to automate cloud security compliance is critical...
Nov. 26, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 374
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 7-9, 2016 at Javits Center, New York City and Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 18th International @CloudExpo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Nov. 26, 2015 03:30 PM EST Reads: 519
The cloud. Like a comic book superhero, there seems to be no problem it can’t fix or cost it can’t slash. Yet making the transition is not always easy and production environments are still largely on premise. Taking some practical and sensible steps to reduce risk can also help provide a basis for a successful cloud transition. A plethora of surveys from the likes of IDG and Gartner show that more than 70 percent of enterprises have deployed at least one or more cloud application or workload. Y...
Nov. 26, 2015 03:30 PM EST Reads: 440
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York and Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty ...
Nov. 26, 2015 03:15 PM EST Reads: 515
We are rapidly moving to a brave new world of interconnected smart homes, cars, offices and factories known as the Internet of Things (IoT). Sensors and monitoring devices will touch every part of our lives. Let's take a closer look at the Internet of Things. The Internet of Things is a worldwide network of objects and devices connected to the Internet. They are electronics, sensors, software and more. These objects connect to the Internet and can be controlled remotely via apps and programs. ...
Nov. 26, 2015 02:15 PM EST Reads: 495
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Nov. 26, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 287
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, explored the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving t...
Nov. 26, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 388
We all know that data growth is exploding and storage budgets are shrinking. Instead of showing you charts on about how much data there is, in his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing at HGST, showed how to capture all of your data in one place. After you have your data under control, you can then analyze it in one place, saving time and resources.
Nov. 26, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 145
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing & protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection & E-Discovery of your data - whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise.
Nov. 26, 2015 11:30 AM EST Reads: 118
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
Nov. 26, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 442
In recent years, at least 40% of companies using cloud applications have experienced data loss. One of the best prevention against cloud data loss is backing up your cloud data. In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sam McIntyre, Partner Enablement Specialist at eFolder, presented how organizations can use eFolder Cloudfinder to automate backups of cloud application data. He also demonstrated how easy it is to search and restore cloud application data using Cloudfinder.
Nov. 26, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 121
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Nov. 26, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 283
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Su...
Nov. 26, 2015 09:45 AM EST Reads: 366
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningf...
Nov. 26, 2015 09:30 AM EST Reads: 372