|By Marketwired .||
|June 5, 2013 08:45 AM EDT||
ORLANDO, FL -- (Marketwired) -- 06/05/13 --
- Awards highlight companies and organizations reaping the benefits of building communication, collaboration and customer service strategies on Avaya
- Six visionary companies cited for creative use of unified communications, contact center and/or data solutions and commitment to excellence.
Avaya and the International Avaya Users' Group (IAUG) today announced the winners of the Innovation Awards at Converge 2013 -- the annual IAUG Conference being held this week in Orlando, Florida.
This year, many of the winners exemplify the benefits of "building a house on a strong foundation." Using a solid, flexible, Avaya infrastructure, these organizations were able to cost effectively evolve deployments and create innovative -- often unique -- solutions with the addition of Avaya customer experience management, unified communications and collaboration and third party applications.
The winners of the 2013 Innovation Awards for each category are:
- Enterprise Transformation for over 1000 employees -- Federal Justice Tribunal (TRIFE) - Mexico -- Centralizing Avaya Aura for main and remote locations was the first step on the road to greater efficiency and cost reduction. The TRIFE will now be able to segment its workforce among basic and high-level users and roll out mobile, unified communications and collaboration applications such as Avaya Flare for Apple iPad and Avaya integration with Microsoft Lync as appropriate to the individual workers job needs. Security will be assured for mobile devices with Avaya Session Border Controller for Enterprise.
- Enterprise Transformation for under 1000 employees -- Landmark Bank - US -- Avaya Networking was the fundamental component on which Landmark launched new applications to support their business model. The overall reliability and ease of migration allowed Landmark to cost effectively increase network throughput, exceed regulatory requirements, and deploy new banking applications onto the existing network with minimal disruption. One of those applications is Scopia video conferencing which has improved the quality of internal meetings while reducing company travel, and allowed bank directors to have a presence in each of their local communities without physically being there and improved customer service by bringing the right resource to the table regardless of location.
- Sustained Excellence -- George Mason University - US -- Evolving to simplification might be the headline for George Mason University, which has been streamlining its overall infrastructure into a new environment that is easier to support and maintain and which increases reliability. The result has reduced operational costs and resource requirements for day to day operations. This infrastructure will allow the implementation of new technologies and applications that can provide a greater overall impact based on the services the University will be able to deliver.
- Small Business - under 100 employees -- Florida State University College of Medicine - US -- On his 9th Medical Mission Trip to Panama, Dr. Mark Stavros engaged with Avaya and GlobalMed to utilize a cross platform of telemedicine products to facilitate medical care to those in need. The doctor spent 10 days in a remote town and used Scopia video conferencing for live collaboration with his colleagues at the Florida State University College of Medicine.
- Technology Innovation Best Practice -- Oi - Brazil -- Avaya Customer Experience Management solutions enable Brazil-based telecom provider, Oi, to build a next-generation contact center that gives them more power and flexibility to determine and manage how customers are best served according to company policies.
- Business Innovation Best Practice -- Essa Academy - UK -- Avaya Aura® Communications Manager provides Essa Academy with a core communications platform that supports multi-media collaboration and full unified communications. Avaya one-X® Communicator software clients for the MacBook Air notebooks used by the school's receptionists allows them to take and manage calls more easily, while Avaya Flare® for iPad Devices enables the teachers to handle all their telephony on their iPads. The Avaya-based solution is improving communication and collaboration between staff and having a real impact on staff communication with parents.
"These awards represent creativity, dedication and lots of hard work on the part of Avaya customers who strive to bring their companies the best services built on Avaya's industry-leading technology. With Avaya's solutions and services in the hands of IAUG members, we deliver unparalleled differentiation and competitive advantage for each of our companies and organizations."
Frank Castro, President, IAUG
"Companies need a trusted partner that helps them understand the opportunities communications and collaboration tools can offer to solve many of the challenges they face today. We congratulate these forward-thinking organizations that have placed their trust in Avaya and created value-added services and solutions with tangible benefits as a result."
Tom Mitchell, Senior Vice President, Global Sales, Avaya
Tags: Avaya, IAUG, unified communications, business communications, collaboration, contact center, customer service, customer experience management, networking
The International Avaya User Group (IAUG) is an international, user-driven association serving Avaya customers worldwide. We exist to educate and inform telecommunications and IT professionals while providing a professional network for those with common concerns to address and success stories to share. IAUG is one of the industry's largest and most progressive user groups, with a community of nearly 6,000 members in more than 75 chapters around the globe. For more information on IAUG, visit www.iaug.org.
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, networking and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release are forward-looking statements. These statements may be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "anticipate," "believe," "continue," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "might," "plan," "potential," "predict," "should" or "will" or other similar terminology. We have based these forward-looking statements on our current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections. While we believe these expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections are reasonable, such forward-looking statements are only predictions and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control. These and other important factors may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. For a list and description of such risks and uncertainties, please refer to Avaya's filings with the SEC that are available at www.sec.gov. Avaya disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Aug. 3, 2015 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 244
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Aug. 3, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 694
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Aug. 3, 2015 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 219
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 3, 2015 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 534
Learn how you can use the CoSN SEND II Decision Tree for Education Technology to make sure that your K–12 technology initiatives create a more engaging learning experience that empowers students, teachers, and administrators alike.
Aug. 3, 2015 05:45 PM EDT
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Aug. 3, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 276
As Marc Andreessen says software is eating the world. Everything is rapidly moving toward being software-defined – from our phones and cars through our washing machines to the datacenter. However, there are larger challenges when implementing software defined on a larger scale - when building software defined infrastructure. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Boyan Ivanov, CEO of StorPool, provided some practical insights on what, how and why when implementing "software-defined" in the datacent...
Aug. 3, 2015 03:45 PM EDT
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection and E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Partnerships at Com...
Aug. 3, 2015 03:30 PM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that VividCortex, the monitoring solution for the modern data system, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The database is the heart of most applications, but it’s also the part that’s hardest to scale, monitor, and optimize even as it’s growing 50% year over year. VividCortex is the first unified suite of database monitoring tools specifically desi...
Aug. 3, 2015 03:15 PM EDT
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Aug. 3, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 560
In their session at 17th Cloud Expo, Hal Schwartz, CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), and Chuck Paolillo, CTO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), provide a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. In his role as CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), Hal Schwartz provides leadership and direction for the company.
Aug. 3, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 209
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Aug. 3, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 367
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, analyzed a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discussed the benefits/challenges of migrating to each offe...
Aug. 3, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 193
Digital Transformation is the ultimate goal of cloud computing and related initiatives. The phrase is certainly not a precise one, and as subject to hand-waving and distortion as any high-falutin' terminology in the world of information technology. Yet it is an excellent choice of words to describe what enterprise IT—and by extension, organizations in general—should be working to achieve. Digital Transformation means: handling all the data types being found and created in the organizat...
Aug. 2, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,139
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Aug. 2, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 438