|By Marketwired .||
|June 5, 2013 08:45 AM EDT||
ORLANDO, FL -- (Marketwired) -- 06/05/13 --
- Awards highlight companies and organizations reaping the benefits of building communication, collaboration and customer service strategies on Avaya
- Six visionary companies cited for creative use of unified communications, contact center and/or data solutions and commitment to excellence.
Avaya and the International Avaya Users' Group (IAUG) today announced the winners of the Innovation Awards at Converge 2013 -- the annual IAUG Conference being held this week in Orlando, Florida.
This year, many of the winners exemplify the benefits of "building a house on a strong foundation." Using a solid, flexible, Avaya infrastructure, these organizations were able to cost effectively evolve deployments and create innovative -- often unique -- solutions with the addition of Avaya customer experience management, unified communications and collaboration and third party applications.
The winners of the 2013 Innovation Awards for each category are:
- Enterprise Transformation for over 1000 employees -- Federal Justice Tribunal (TRIFE) - Mexico -- Centralizing Avaya Aura for main and remote locations was the first step on the road to greater efficiency and cost reduction. The TRIFE will now be able to segment its workforce among basic and high-level users and roll out mobile, unified communications and collaboration applications such as Avaya Flare for Apple iPad and Avaya integration with Microsoft Lync as appropriate to the individual workers job needs. Security will be assured for mobile devices with Avaya Session Border Controller for Enterprise.
- Enterprise Transformation for under 1000 employees -- Landmark Bank - US -- Avaya Networking was the fundamental component on which Landmark launched new applications to support their business model. The overall reliability and ease of migration allowed Landmark to cost effectively increase network throughput, exceed regulatory requirements, and deploy new banking applications onto the existing network with minimal disruption. One of those applications is Scopia video conferencing which has improved the quality of internal meetings while reducing company travel, and allowed bank directors to have a presence in each of their local communities without physically being there and improved customer service by bringing the right resource to the table regardless of location.
- Sustained Excellence -- George Mason University - US -- Evolving to simplification might be the headline for George Mason University, which has been streamlining its overall infrastructure into a new environment that is easier to support and maintain and which increases reliability. The result has reduced operational costs and resource requirements for day to day operations. This infrastructure will allow the implementation of new technologies and applications that can provide a greater overall impact based on the services the University will be able to deliver.
- Small Business - under 100 employees -- Florida State University College of Medicine - US -- On his 9th Medical Mission Trip to Panama, Dr. Mark Stavros engaged with Avaya and GlobalMed to utilize a cross platform of telemedicine products to facilitate medical care to those in need. The doctor spent 10 days in a remote town and used Scopia video conferencing for live collaboration with his colleagues at the Florida State University College of Medicine.
- Technology Innovation Best Practice -- Oi - Brazil -- Avaya Customer Experience Management solutions enable Brazil-based telecom provider, Oi, to build a next-generation contact center that gives them more power and flexibility to determine and manage how customers are best served according to company policies.
- Business Innovation Best Practice -- Essa Academy - UK -- Avaya Aura® Communications Manager provides Essa Academy with a core communications platform that supports multi-media collaboration and full unified communications. Avaya one-X® Communicator software clients for the MacBook Air notebooks used by the school's receptionists allows them to take and manage calls more easily, while Avaya Flare® for iPad Devices enables the teachers to handle all their telephony on their iPads. The Avaya-based solution is improving communication and collaboration between staff and having a real impact on staff communication with parents.
"These awards represent creativity, dedication and lots of hard work on the part of Avaya customers who strive to bring their companies the best services built on Avaya's industry-leading technology. With Avaya's solutions and services in the hands of IAUG members, we deliver unparalleled differentiation and competitive advantage for each of our companies and organizations."
Frank Castro, President, IAUG
"Companies need a trusted partner that helps them understand the opportunities communications and collaboration tools can offer to solve many of the challenges they face today. We congratulate these forward-thinking organizations that have placed their trust in Avaya and created value-added services and solutions with tangible benefits as a result."
Tom Mitchell, Senior Vice President, Global Sales, Avaya
Tags: Avaya, IAUG, unified communications, business communications, collaboration, contact center, customer service, customer experience management, networking
The International Avaya User Group (IAUG) is an international, user-driven association serving Avaya customers worldwide. We exist to educate and inform telecommunications and IT professionals while providing a professional network for those with common concerns to address and success stories to share. IAUG is one of the industry's largest and most progressive user groups, with a community of nearly 6,000 members in more than 75 chapters around the globe. For more information on IAUG, visit www.iaug.org.
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, networking and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release are forward-looking statements. These statements may be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "anticipate," "believe," "continue," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "might," "plan," "potential," "predict," "should" or "will" or other similar terminology. We have based these forward-looking statements on our current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections. While we believe these expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections are reasonable, such forward-looking statements are only predictions and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control. These and other important factors may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. For a list and description of such risks and uncertainties, please refer to Avaya's filings with the SEC that are available at www.sec.gov. Avaya disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Dec. 8, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 315
"Qosmos has launched L7Viewer, a network traffic analysis tool, so it analyzes all the traffic between the virtual machine and the data center and the virtual machine and the external world," stated Sebastien Synold, Product Line Manager at Qosmos, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 06:45 PM EST Reads: 923
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Dec. 8, 2016 05:45 PM EST Reads: 929
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 8, 2016 05:45 PM EST Reads: 1,714
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 8, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,810
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,839
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 2,243
"We are a leader in the market space called network visibility solutions - it enables monitoring tools and Big Data analysis to access the data and be able to see the performance," explained Shay Morag, VP of Sales and Marketing at Niagara Networks, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 356
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,963
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 279
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 2,309
"We are a modern development application platform and we have a suite of products that allow you to application release automation, we do version control, and we do application life cycle management," explained Flint Brenton, CEO of CollabNet, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,074
Regulatory requirements exist to promote the controlled sharing of information, while protecting the privacy and/or security of the information. Regulations for each type of information have their own set of rules, policies, and guidelines. Cloud Service Providers (CSP) are faced with increasing demand for services at decreasing prices. Demonstrating and maintaining compliance with regulations is a nontrivial task and doing so against numerous sets of regulatory requirements can be daunting task...
Dec. 8, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 1,081
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 8, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 1,226
"This is specifically designed to accommodate some of the needs for high availability and failover in a network managed system for the major Korean corporations," stated Thomas Masters, Managing Director at InfranicsUSA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 03:15 PM EST Reads: 313