|By Marketwired .||
|June 5, 2013 08:45 AM EDT||
ORLANDO, FL -- (Marketwired) -- 06/05/13 --
- Awards highlight companies and organizations reaping the benefits of building communication, collaboration and customer service strategies on Avaya
- Six visionary companies cited for creative use of unified communications, contact center and/or data solutions and commitment to excellence.
Avaya and the International Avaya Users' Group (IAUG) today announced the winners of the Innovation Awards at Converge 2013 -- the annual IAUG Conference being held this week in Orlando, Florida.
This year, many of the winners exemplify the benefits of "building a house on a strong foundation." Using a solid, flexible, Avaya infrastructure, these organizations were able to cost effectively evolve deployments and create innovative -- often unique -- solutions with the addition of Avaya customer experience management, unified communications and collaboration and third party applications.
The winners of the 2013 Innovation Awards for each category are:
- Enterprise Transformation for over 1000 employees -- Federal Justice Tribunal (TRIFE) - Mexico -- Centralizing Avaya Aura for main and remote locations was the first step on the road to greater efficiency and cost reduction. The TRIFE will now be able to segment its workforce among basic and high-level users and roll out mobile, unified communications and collaboration applications such as Avaya Flare for Apple iPad and Avaya integration with Microsoft Lync as appropriate to the individual workers job needs. Security will be assured for mobile devices with Avaya Session Border Controller for Enterprise.
- Enterprise Transformation for under 1000 employees -- Landmark Bank - US -- Avaya Networking was the fundamental component on which Landmark launched new applications to support their business model. The overall reliability and ease of migration allowed Landmark to cost effectively increase network throughput, exceed regulatory requirements, and deploy new banking applications onto the existing network with minimal disruption. One of those applications is Scopia video conferencing which has improved the quality of internal meetings while reducing company travel, and allowed bank directors to have a presence in each of their local communities without physically being there and improved customer service by bringing the right resource to the table regardless of location.
- Sustained Excellence -- George Mason University - US -- Evolving to simplification might be the headline for George Mason University, which has been streamlining its overall infrastructure into a new environment that is easier to support and maintain and which increases reliability. The result has reduced operational costs and resource requirements for day to day operations. This infrastructure will allow the implementation of new technologies and applications that can provide a greater overall impact based on the services the University will be able to deliver.
- Small Business - under 100 employees -- Florida State University College of Medicine - US -- On his 9th Medical Mission Trip to Panama, Dr. Mark Stavros engaged with Avaya and GlobalMed to utilize a cross platform of telemedicine products to facilitate medical care to those in need. The doctor spent 10 days in a remote town and used Scopia video conferencing for live collaboration with his colleagues at the Florida State University College of Medicine.
- Technology Innovation Best Practice -- Oi - Brazil -- Avaya Customer Experience Management solutions enable Brazil-based telecom provider, Oi, to build a next-generation contact center that gives them more power and flexibility to determine and manage how customers are best served according to company policies.
- Business Innovation Best Practice -- Essa Academy - UK -- Avaya Aura® Communications Manager provides Essa Academy with a core communications platform that supports multi-media collaboration and full unified communications. Avaya one-X® Communicator software clients for the MacBook Air notebooks used by the school's receptionists allows them to take and manage calls more easily, while Avaya Flare® for iPad Devices enables the teachers to handle all their telephony on their iPads. The Avaya-based solution is improving communication and collaboration between staff and having a real impact on staff communication with parents.
"These awards represent creativity, dedication and lots of hard work on the part of Avaya customers who strive to bring their companies the best services built on Avaya's industry-leading technology. With Avaya's solutions and services in the hands of IAUG members, we deliver unparalleled differentiation and competitive advantage for each of our companies and organizations."
Frank Castro, President, IAUG
"Companies need a trusted partner that helps them understand the opportunities communications and collaboration tools can offer to solve many of the challenges they face today. We congratulate these forward-thinking organizations that have placed their trust in Avaya and created value-added services and solutions with tangible benefits as a result."
Tom Mitchell, Senior Vice President, Global Sales, Avaya
Tags: Avaya, IAUG, unified communications, business communications, collaboration, contact center, customer service, customer experience management, networking
The International Avaya User Group (IAUG) is an international, user-driven association serving Avaya customers worldwide. We exist to educate and inform telecommunications and IT professionals while providing a professional network for those with common concerns to address and success stories to share. IAUG is one of the industry's largest and most progressive user groups, with a community of nearly 6,000 members in more than 75 chapters around the globe. For more information on IAUG, visit www.iaug.org.
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, networking and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release are forward-looking statements. These statements may be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "anticipate," "believe," "continue," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "might," "plan," "potential," "predict," "should" or "will" or other similar terminology. We have based these forward-looking statements on our current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections. While we believe these expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections are reasonable, such forward-looking statements are only predictions and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control. These and other important factors may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. For a list and description of such risks and uncertainties, please refer to Avaya's filings with the SEC that are available at www.sec.gov. Avaya disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Effectively SMBs and government programs must address compounded regulatory compliance requirements. The most recent are Controlled Unclassified Information and the EU’s GDPR have Board Level implications. Managing sensitive data protection will likely result in acquisition criteria, demonstration requests and new requirements. Developers, as part of the pre-planning process and the associated supply chain, could benefit from updating their code libraries and design by incorporating changes.
Oct. 26, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,755
Whether they’re located in a public, private, or hybrid cloud environment, cloud technologies are constantly evolving. While the innovation is exciting, the end mission of delivering business value and rapidly producing incremental product features is paramount. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Kiran Chitturi, CTO Architect at Sungard AS, will discuss DevOps culture, its evolution of frameworks and technologies, and how it is achieving maturity. He will also cover various st...
Oct. 26, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,518
Enterprises have been using both Big Data and virtualization for years. Until recently, however, most enterprises have not combined the two. Big Data's demands for higher levels of performance, the ability to control quality-of-service (QoS), and the ability to adhere to SLAs have kept it on bare metal, apart from the modern data center cloud. With recent technology innovations, we've seen the advantages of bare metal erode to such a degree that the enhanced flexibility and reduced costs that ...
Oct. 26, 2016 11:29 AM EDT
Qosmos, the market leader for IP traffic classification and network intelligence technology, has announced that it will launch the Launch L7 Viewer at CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley, being held November 1 – 3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The L7 Viewer is a traffic analysis tool that provides complete visibility of all network traffic that crosses a virtualized infrastructure, up to Layer 7. It facilitates and accelerates common IT tasks such as VM migra...
Oct. 26, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 200
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Oct. 26, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,170
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Oct. 26, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,121
Two weeks ago (November 3-5), I attended the Cloud Expo Silicon Valley as a speaker, where I presented on the security and privacy due diligence requirements for cloud solutions. Cloud security is a topical issue for every CIO, CISO, and technology buyer. Decision-makers are always looking for insights on how to mitigate the security risks of implementing and using cloud solutions. Based on the presentation topics covered at the conference, as well as the general discussions heard between sessi...
Oct. 26, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 5,166
operations aren’t merging to become one discipline. Nor is operations simply going away. Rather, DevOps is leading software development and operations – together with other practices such as security – to collaborate and coexist with less overhead and conflict than in the past. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Gordon Haff, Red Hat Technology Evangelist, will discuss what modern operational practices look like in a world in which applications are more loosely coupled, are deve...
Oct. 26, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,886
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Oct. 26, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,954
Security, data privacy, reliability, and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house, client-hosted environments to a cloud platform. Quality assurance plays a vital role in ensuring that the appropriate level of risk assessment, verification, and validation takes place to ensure business continuity during the migration to a new cloud platform.
Oct. 26, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,020
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Nick Son, Vice President of Cyber Risk & Public Sector at Coalfire, will discuss the latest information on the FedRAMP Program. Topics will cover: FedRAMP Readiness Assessment Report (RAR). This new process is designed to streamline and accelerate the FedRAMP process from the traditional timeline by initially focusing on technical capability instead of documentation preparedness. FedRAMP for High-impact level systems. Early in 2016 FedRAMP officially publishe...
Oct. 26, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 459
Regulatory requirements exist to promote the controlled sharing of information, while protecting the privacy and/or security of the information. Regulations for each type of information have their own set of rules, policies, and guidelines. Cloud Service Providers (CSP) are faced with increasing demand for services at decreasing prices. Demonstrating and maintaining compliance with regulations is a nontrivial task and doing so against numerous sets of regulatory requirements can be daunting task...
Oct. 26, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,807
Join Impiger for their featured webinar: ‘Cloud Computing: A Roadmap to Modern Software Delivery’ on November 10, 2016, at 12:00 pm CST. Very few companies have not experienced some impact to their IT delivery due to the evolution of cloud computing. This webinar is not about deciding whether you should entertain moving some or all of your IT to the cloud, but rather, a detailed look under the hood to help IT professionals understand how cloud adoption has evolved and what trends will impact th...
Oct. 26, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 479
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Oct. 26, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,619
We are always online. We access our data, our finances, work, and various services on the Internet. But we live in a congested world of information in which the roads were built two decades ago. The quest for better, faster Internet routing has been around for a decade, but nobody solved this problem. We’ve seen band aid approaches like CDNs that attack a niche's slice of static content part of the Internet, but that’s it. It does not address the dynamic services-based Internet of today. It doe...
Oct. 26, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,837