|By Marketwired .||
|June 13, 2013 04:05 PM EDT||
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/13/13 -- Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM), a proven global expert in data protection and big data management, today announced the results of industry analyst firm Enterprise Strategy Group's (ESG) evaluation of Quantum's DXi6800 deduplication and backup appliance and related data protection offerings. ESG Lab's testing demonstrated market-leading performance, scalability and security for backup and disaster recovery (DR). The tests also illustrated how the DXi6800 works with other elements of Quantum's comprehensive data protection portfolio to meet customers' needs across physical, virtual and cloud environments.
- Leading Performance: Quantum's DXi6802 sustains the same 11.9 TB per hour of multithreaded enterprise backup throughput, both in a fully configured system and with an entry level configuration, while using inline deduplication to reduce the amount of data stored on disk.
- Rich Monitoring and Reporting: Quantum Vision provides enhanced monitoring and reporting on capacity utilization, resulting in deduplication savings, and on backup and replication performance over time, as well as a single point of management for Quantum disk and tape infrastructure.
- Innovative and Extensible Architecture: The StorNext® file system's intelligent metadata management, storage optimized for balanced performance, data integrity checking, and Dynamic Disk Pools (DDP) technology all work together to improve availability and performance simultaneously.
- Cloud-Efficient and Ready: The DXi6800 works with Quantum Q-Cloud, which enables organizations to leverage a cloud-based data protection and DR service that uses Quantum deduplicated replication to optimize offsite protection and recovery.
- Protection for Virtual Environments: Quantum vmPRO software seamlessly protects heterogeneous virtual machines in branch and remote offices and replicates their backups to a DXi6800 in a central data center. By protecting data in its native file format, vmPRO offers notably high restore performance.
- Holistic End-to-End Data Protection: Quantum's N-Tier architecture enables organizations to extend retention periods, leveraging the right combination of technologies to house data on storage matched to the data's value over time.
- Simple, Affordable Scalability: The DXi6800's "pay-as-you-grow" approach to capacity licensing enables organizations to leverage the full performance of the platform while paying for only the capacity they need.
- DR-Optimized: ESG Lab found that the DXi6800 supports and integrates with Symantec NetBackup AIR (Auto Image Replication), which can reduce the time needed to return to business in the event of a disaster and improve restore service level agreements by tightening recovery time objectives (RTOs).
- Tony Palmer, senior ESG Lab analyst: "With the DXi6800, Quantum has once again produced an impressive solution to protect data in physical and virtual data centers of any size, setting a new standard for flexible, robust and high performance data protection."
- Robert Clark, senior vice president, Data Protection Group, Quantum: "Yet another third party affirms Quantum's industry leadership in driving overall technical excellence and value for data protection, while vendors like EMC and Symantec are seemingly content to sell dated solutions to a captive base. Customers aren't fooled -- they are placing greater value on a comprehensive approach to data protection, and ESG Lab's observations on the DXi6800's capabilities show that it perfectly fits this trend."
- For a copy of ESG's report summary, "Delivering Performance, Scale and Security for Backup and Disaster Recovery," visit: www.quantum.com/dxi6800esg
- To read Quantum's Q&U blog, including additional perspective on ESG's testing, visit: http://blog.quantum.com
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/quantumcorp
- Add us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/quantumcorp
Quantum is a proven global expert in data protection and big data management, providing specialized storage solutions for physical, virtual and cloud environments. From small businesses to major enterprises, more than 100,000 customers have trusted Quantum to help maximize the value of their data by protecting and preserving it over its entire lifecycle. With Quantum, customers can Be Certain they're able to adapt in a changing world -- keeping more data longer, bridging from today to tomorrow, and reducing costs. See how at www.quantum.com/BeCertain.
Quantum, the Quantum logo, Be Certain, DXi, Q-Cloud, Quantum Vision, Quantum vmPRO and StorNext are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
"Safe Harbor" Statement: This press release contains "forward-looking" statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Specifically, but without limitation, statements relating to 1) customer benefits and value to customers from using Quantum's products and solutions, including Quantum's DXi6800 appliances and 2) customer demand for and Quantum's future revenue from such products and solutions are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Quantum on the date hereof. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Quantum's actual results to differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statements. These risks include operational difficulties, unexpected material deviation in product operation, the ability of competitors to introduce new solutions that compete more successfully with our solutions, unexpected changes in market conditions and unanticipated changes in customers' needs or requirements, as well as the risks set forth in Quantum's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled "Risk Factors," in Quantum's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on February 8, 2013 and Quantum's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on June 14, 2012. Quantum expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
"ProfitBricks was founded in 2010 and we are the painless cloud - and we are also the Infrastructure as a Service 2.0 company," noted Achim Weiss, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder of ProfitBricks, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 29, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,100
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Jul. 29, 2015 09:00 AM EDT
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducte...
Jul. 29, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 229
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Jul. 29, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 176
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Jul. 29, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,661
The time is ripe for high speed resilient software defined storage solutions with unlimited scalability. ISS has been working with the leading open source projects and developed a commercial high performance solution that is able to grow forever without performance limitations. In his session at Cloud Expo, Alex Gorbachev, President of Intelligent Systems Services Inc., shared foundation principles of Ceph architecture, as well as the design to deliver this storage to traditional SAN storage co...
Jul. 29, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,721
The speed of software changes in growing and large scale rapid-paced DevOps environments presents a challenge for continuous testing. Many organizations struggle to get this right. Practices that work for small scale continuous testing may not be sufficient as the requirements grow. In his session at DevOps Summit, Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect of DevOps continuous test solutions at Spirent Communications, explained the best practices of continuous testing at high scale, which is rele...
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,353
"We got started as search consultants. On the services side of the business we have help organizations save time and save money when they hit issues that everyone more or less hits when their data grows," noted Otis Gospodnetić, Founder of Sematext, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 28, 2015 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,008
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 28, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 586
Learn how to solve the problem of keeping files in sync between multiple Docker containers. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Aaron Brongersma, Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Modulus, discussed using rsync, GlusterFS, EBS and Bit Torrent Sync. He broke down the tools that are needed to help create a seamless user experience. In the end, can we have an environment where we can easily move Docker containers, servers, and volumes without impacting our applications? He shared his results so yo...
Jul. 28, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 715
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Jul. 28, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,371
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Jul. 28, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 254
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world...
Jul. 28, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,752
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Jul. 28, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 219
Public Cloud IaaS started its life in the developer and startup communities and has grown rapidly to a $20B+ industry, but it still pales in comparison to how much is spent worldwide on IT: $3.6 trillion. In fact, there are 8.6 million data centers worldwide, the reality is many small and medium sized business have server closets and colocation footprints filled with servers and storage gear. While on-premise environment virtualization may have peaked at 75%, the Public Cloud has lagged in adop...
Jul. 28, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,184