|By Marketwired .||
|June 13, 2013 04:05 PM EDT||
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/13/13 -- Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM), a proven global expert in data protection and big data management, today announced the results of industry analyst firm Enterprise Strategy Group's (ESG) evaluation of Quantum's DXi6800 deduplication and backup appliance and related data protection offerings. ESG Lab's testing demonstrated market-leading performance, scalability and security for backup and disaster recovery (DR). The tests also illustrated how the DXi6800 works with other elements of Quantum's comprehensive data protection portfolio to meet customers' needs across physical, virtual and cloud environments.
- Leading Performance: Quantum's DXi6802 sustains the same 11.9 TB per hour of multithreaded enterprise backup throughput, both in a fully configured system and with an entry level configuration, while using inline deduplication to reduce the amount of data stored on disk.
- Rich Monitoring and Reporting: Quantum Vision provides enhanced monitoring and reporting on capacity utilization, resulting in deduplication savings, and on backup and replication performance over time, as well as a single point of management for Quantum disk and tape infrastructure.
- Innovative and Extensible Architecture: The StorNext® file system's intelligent metadata management, storage optimized for balanced performance, data integrity checking, and Dynamic Disk Pools (DDP) technology all work together to improve availability and performance simultaneously.
- Cloud-Efficient and Ready: The DXi6800 works with Quantum Q-Cloud, which enables organizations to leverage a cloud-based data protection and DR service that uses Quantum deduplicated replication to optimize offsite protection and recovery.
- Protection for Virtual Environments: Quantum vmPRO software seamlessly protects heterogeneous virtual machines in branch and remote offices and replicates their backups to a DXi6800 in a central data center. By protecting data in its native file format, vmPRO offers notably high restore performance.
- Holistic End-to-End Data Protection: Quantum's N-Tier architecture enables organizations to extend retention periods, leveraging the right combination of technologies to house data on storage matched to the data's value over time.
- Simple, Affordable Scalability: The DXi6800's "pay-as-you-grow" approach to capacity licensing enables organizations to leverage the full performance of the platform while paying for only the capacity they need.
- DR-Optimized: ESG Lab found that the DXi6800 supports and integrates with Symantec NetBackup AIR (Auto Image Replication), which can reduce the time needed to return to business in the event of a disaster and improve restore service level agreements by tightening recovery time objectives (RTOs).
- Tony Palmer, senior ESG Lab analyst: "With the DXi6800, Quantum has once again produced an impressive solution to protect data in physical and virtual data centers of any size, setting a new standard for flexible, robust and high performance data protection."
- Robert Clark, senior vice president, Data Protection Group, Quantum: "Yet another third party affirms Quantum's industry leadership in driving overall technical excellence and value for data protection, while vendors like EMC and Symantec are seemingly content to sell dated solutions to a captive base. Customers aren't fooled -- they are placing greater value on a comprehensive approach to data protection, and ESG Lab's observations on the DXi6800's capabilities show that it perfectly fits this trend."
- For a copy of ESG's report summary, "Delivering Performance, Scale and Security for Backup and Disaster Recovery," visit: www.quantum.com/dxi6800esg
- To read Quantum's Q&U blog, including additional perspective on ESG's testing, visit: http://blog.quantum.com
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/quantumcorp
- Add us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/quantumcorp
Quantum is a proven global expert in data protection and big data management, providing specialized storage solutions for physical, virtual and cloud environments. From small businesses to major enterprises, more than 100,000 customers have trusted Quantum to help maximize the value of their data by protecting and preserving it over its entire lifecycle. With Quantum, customers can Be Certain they're able to adapt in a changing world -- keeping more data longer, bridging from today to tomorrow, and reducing costs. See how at www.quantum.com/BeCertain.
Quantum, the Quantum logo, Be Certain, DXi, Q-Cloud, Quantum Vision, Quantum vmPRO and StorNext are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
"Safe Harbor" Statement: This press release contains "forward-looking" statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Specifically, but without limitation, statements relating to 1) customer benefits and value to customers from using Quantum's products and solutions, including Quantum's DXi6800 appliances and 2) customer demand for and Quantum's future revenue from such products and solutions are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Quantum on the date hereof. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Quantum's actual results to differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statements. These risks include operational difficulties, unexpected material deviation in product operation, the ability of competitors to introduce new solutions that compete more successfully with our solutions, unexpected changes in market conditions and unanticipated changes in customers' needs or requirements, as well as the risks set forth in Quantum's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled "Risk Factors," in Quantum's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on February 8, 2013 and Quantum's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on June 14, 2012. Quantum expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Clutch is now a Docker Authorized Consulting Partner, having completed Docker's certification course on the "Docker Accelerator for CI Engagements." More info about Clutch's success implementing Docker can be found here. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and achieve 2...
Oct. 10, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 518
Mobile messaging has been a popular communication channel for more than 20 years. Finnish engineer Matti Makkonen invented the idea for SMS (Short Message Service) in 1984, making his vision a reality on December 3, 1992 by sending the first message ("Happy Christmas") from a PC to a cell phone. Since then, the technology has evolved immensely, from both a technology standpoint, and in our everyday uses for it. Originally used for person-to-person (P2P) communication, i.e., Sally sends a text...
Oct. 10, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 335
Chris Van Tuin, Chief Technologist for the Western US at Red Hat, has over 20 years of experience in IT and Software. Since joining Red Hat in 2005, he has been architecting solutions for strategic customers and partners with a focus on emerging technologies including IaaS, PaaS, and DevOps. He started his career at Intel in IT and Managed Hosting followed by leadership roles in services and sales engineering at Loudcloud and Linux startups.
Oct. 10, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 248
Any Ops team trying to support a company in today’s cloud-connected world knows that a new way of thinking is required – one just as dramatic than the shift from Ops to DevOps. The diversity of modern operations requires teams to focus their impact on breadth vs. depth. In his session at DevOps Summit, Adam Serediuk, Director of Operations at xMatters, Inc., will discuss the strategic requirements of evolving from Ops to DevOps, and why modern Operations has begun leveraging the “NoOps” approa...
Oct. 10, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 174
The IoT market is on track to hit $7.1 trillion in 2020. The reality is that only a handful of companies are ready for this massive demand. There are a lot of barriers, paint points, traps, and hidden roadblocks. How can we deal with these issues and challenges? The paradigm has changed. Old-style ad-hoc trial-and-error ways will certainly lead you to the dead end. What is mandatory is an overarching and adaptive approach to effectively handle the rapid changes and exponential growth.
Oct. 10, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 253
Redis is not only the fastest database, but it has become the most popular among the new wave of applications running in containers. Redis speeds up just about every data interaction between your users or operational systems. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Dave Nielsen, Developer Relations at Redis Labs, will share the functions and data structures used to solve everyday use cases that are driving Redis' popularity
Oct. 10, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 529
SYS-CON Events announced today that Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, will keynote at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 10, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 115
SYS-CON Events announced today that Machkey International Company will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Machkey provides advanced connectivity solutions for just about everyone. Businesses or individuals, Machkey is dedicated to provide high-quality and cost-effective products to meet all your needs.
Oct. 10, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 407
WebRTC converts the entire network into a ubiquitous communications cloud thereby connecting anytime, anywhere through any point. In his session at WebRTC Summit,, Mark Castleman, EIR at Bell Labs and Head of Future X Labs, will discuss how the transformational nature of communications is achieved through the democratizing force of WebRTC. WebRTC is doing for voice what HTML did for web content.
Oct. 10, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,441
Docker is hot. However, as Docker container use spreads into more mature production pipelines, there can be issues about control of Docker images to ensure they are production-ready. Is a promotion-based model appropriate to control and track the flow of Docker images from development to production? In his session at DevOps Summit, Fred Simon, Co-founder and Chief Architect of JFrog, will demonstrate how to implement a promotion model for Docker images using a binary repository, and then show h...
Oct. 10, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 222
As a CIO, are your direct reports IT managers or are they IT leaders? The hard truth is that many IT managers have risen through the ranks based on their technical skills, not their leadership ability. Many are unable to effectively engage and inspire, creating forward momentum in the direction of desired change. Renowned for its approach to leadership and emphasis on their people, organizations increasingly look to our military for insight into these challenges.
Oct. 10, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 227
The IoT is upon us, but today’s databases, built on 30-year-old math, require multiple platforms to create a single solution. Data demands of the IoT require Big Data systems that can handle ingest, transactions and analytics concurrently adapting to varied situations as they occur, with speed at scale. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chad Jones, chief strategy officer at Deep Information Sciences, will look differently at IoT data so enterprises can fully leverage their IoT potential. He’ll sha...
Oct. 10, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 632
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi's VP Business Development and Engineering, will explore the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driv...
Oct. 10, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 156
SYS-CON Events announced today that DataClear Inc. will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The DataClear ‘BlackBox’ is the only solution that moves your PC, browsing and data out of the United States and away from prying (and spying) eyes. Its solution automatically builds you a clean, on-demand, virus free, new virtual cloud based PC outside of the United States, and wipes it clean...
Oct. 10, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 612
The enterprise is being consumerized, and the consumer is being enterprised. Moore's Law does not matter anymore, the future belongs to business virtualization powered by invisible service architecture, powered by hyperscale and hyperconvergence, and facilitated by vertical streaming and horizontal scaling and consolidation. Both buyers and sellers want instant results, and from paperwork to paperless to mindless is the ultimate goal for any seamless transaction. The sweetest sweet spot in innov...
Oct. 10, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 247