|By PR Newswire||
|September 24, 2013 06:26 PM EDT||
WAYNE, N.J., Sept. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Valley National Bancorp ("Valley") (NYSE: VLY) today announced that it has set the price for the public offering of $125 million of its 5.125% Subordinated Debentures due September 27, 2023 (the "Notes"). Valley intends to use the net proceeds from this offering together with other available funds to redeem its $131.3 million outstanding aggregate principal amount of 7 ¾% Junior Subordinated Debentures (the "Debentures") issued to VNB Capital Trust I (the "Capital Trust"). At the Debentures' redemption date, the Capital Trust will simultaneously redeem all of its $127.3 million aggregate principal amount of 7 ¾% trust preferred securities (publicly traded under the ticker symbol "VLYPRA" on the New York Stock Exchange), as well as all of the outstanding common securities of the Capital Trust.
Keefe, Bruyette & Woods, A Stifel Company, Sandler O'Neill + Partners, L.P. and Deutsche Bank Securities Inc. are acting as joint book-running managers for the Notes offering.
The Notes will be issued pursuant to an effective shelf registration statement (File No. 333-191168) (including base prospectus) and preliminary prospectus supplement previously filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC"). A final prospectus supplement relating to the offering of the Notes has also been filed with the SEC. Copies of the final prospectus supplement, preliminary prospectus supplement and accompanying base prospectus relating to the offering can be obtained without charge by visiting the SEC's website at www.sec.gov, or may be obtained from: Keefe, Bruyette & Woods, A Stifel Company, 787 Seventh Ave., 4th Floor, New York, New York 10019, Attention: Equity Capital Markets, 1-800-966-1559; Sandler O'Neill + Partners, L.P., 1251 Avenue of the Americas, 6th Floor, New York, New York 10020, Attn: Syndicate Operations, Telephone Number: 1-866-805-4128; and Deutsche Bank Securities Inc., 60 Wall Street, New York, New York 10005, Attn: Prospectus Group, 1-800-503-4611.
This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy, nor shall there be any sale of the Notes in any state or jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state or jurisdiction. Any offering of the Notes is being made only by means of a written prospectus meeting the requirements of Section 10 of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended.
Valley National Bancorp is a regional bank holding company headquartered in Wayne, New Jersey with approximately $16 billion in assets. Its principal subsidiary, Valley National Bank, currently operates 206 branches in 145 communities serving 16 counties throughout northern and central New Jersey, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens and Long Island. Valley National Bank is one of the largest commercial banks headquartered in New Jersey and is committed to providing the most convenient service, the latest in product innovations and an experienced and knowledgeable staff with a high priority on friendly customer service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For more information about Valley National Bank and its products and services, please visit www.valleynationalbank.com or call Customer Service, 24/7 at 800-522-4100.
Forward Looking Statements
The foregoing contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements are not historical facts and include expressions about management's confidence and strategies and management's expectations about new and existing programs and products, acquisitions, relationships, opportunities, taxation, technology, market conditions and economic expectations. These statements may be identified by such forward-looking terminology as "should," "expect," "believe," "view," "opportunity," "allow," "continues," "reflects," "typically," "usually," "anticipate," or similar statements or variations of such terms. Such forward-looking statements involve certain risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from such forward-looking statements. Factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from those contemplated by such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to:
- a severe decline in the general economic conditions of New Jersey and the New York Metropolitan area;
- larger than expected reductions in our loans originated for sale or a slowdown in new and refinanced residential mortgage loan activity;
- unexpected changes in market interest rates for interest earning assets and/or interest bearing liabilities;
- government intervention in the U.S. financial system and the effects of and changes in trade and monetary and fiscal policies and laws, including the interest rate policies of the Federal Reserve;
- declines in value in our investment portfolio, including additional other-than-temporary impairment charges on our investment securities;
- unexpected significant declines in the loan portfolio due to the lack of economic expansion, increased competition, large prepayments or other factors;
- unanticipated credit deterioration in our loan portfolio;
- Valley's inability to pay dividends at current levels, or at all, because of inadequate future earnings, regulatory restrictions or limitations, and changes in the composition of qualifying regulatory capital and minimum capital requirements (including those resulting from the U.S. implementation of Basel III requirements);
- higher than expected increases in our allowance for loan losses;
- unanticipated loan delinquencies, loss of collateral, decreased service revenues, and other potential negative effects on our business caused by severe weather or other external events;
- higher than expected tax rates, including increases resulting from changes in tax laws, regulations and case law;
- an unexpected decline in real estate values within our market areas;
- charges against earnings related to the change in fair value of our junior subordinated debentures;
- higher than expected FDIC insurance assessments;
- the failure of other financial institutions with whom we have trading, clearing, counterparty and other financial relationships;
- lack of liquidity to fund our various cash obligations;
- unanticipated reduction in our deposit base;
- potential acquisitions that may disrupt our business;
- legislative and regulatory actions (including the impact of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act and related regulations) subject us to additional regulatory oversight which may result in higher compliance costs and/or require us to change our business model;
- changes in accounting policies or accounting standards;
- our inability to promptly adapt to technological changes;
- our internal controls and procedures may not be adequate to prevent losses;
- claims and litigation pertaining to fiduciary responsibility, environmental laws and other matters;
- the inability to realize expected revenue synergies from recent acquisitions in the amounts or in the timeframe anticipated;
- inability to retain customers and employees;
- lower than expected cash flows from purchased credit-impaired loans;
- cyber attacks, computer viruses or other malware that may breach the security of our websites or other systems to obtain unauthorized access to confidential information, destroy data, disable or degrade service, or sabotage our systems; and
- other unexpected material adverse changes in our operations or earnings.
A detailed discussion of factors that could affect our results is included in our SEC filings, including the "Risk Factors" section of our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2012.
We undertake no duty to update any forward-looking statement to conform the statement to actual results or changes in our expectations. Although we believe that the expectations reflected in the forward-looking statements are reasonable, we cannot guarantee future results, levels of activity, performance or achievements.
SOURCE Valley National Bancorp
Organizations from small to large are increasingly adopting cloud solutions to deliver essential business services at a much lower cost. According to cyber security experts, the frequency and severity of cyber-attacks are on the rise, causing alarm to businesses and customers across a variety of industries. To defend against exploits like these, a company must adopt a comprehensive security defense strategy that is designed for their business. In 2015, organizations such as United Airlines, Sony...
Aug. 29, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 389
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Aug. 29, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 462
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Aug. 28, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 400
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 28, 2015 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 827
Red Hat is investing in Tesora, the number one contributor to OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) also ranked among the top 20 companies contributing to OpenStack overall. Tesora, the company bringing OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) to the enterprise, has announced that Red Hat and others have invested in the company as a part of Tesora's latest funding round. The funding agreement expands on the ongoing collaboration between Tesora and Red Hat, which dates back to Febr...
Aug. 28, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 292
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of ...
Aug. 28, 2015 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 178
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Aug. 28, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 311
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and a...
Aug. 28, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 406
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Trel...
Aug. 28, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 168
Cloud and datacenter migration innovator AppZero has joined the Microsoft Enterprise Cloud Alliance Program. AppZero is a fast, flexible way to move Windows Server applications from any source machine – physical or virtual – to any destination server, in any cloud or datacenter, using its patented container technology. AppZero’s container is also called a Virtual Application Appliance (VAA). To facilitate Microsoft Azure onboarding, AppZero has two purpose-built offerings: AppZero SP for Azure,...
Aug. 28, 2015 03:15 PM EDT
WSM International, the pioneer and leader in server migration services, has announced an agreement with WHOA.com, a leader in providing secure public, private and hybrid cloud computing services. Under terms of the agreement, WSM will provide migration services to WHOA.com customers to relocate some or all of their applications, digital assets, and other computing workloads to WHOA.com enterprise-class, secure cloud infrastructure. The migration services include detailed evaluation and planning...
Aug. 28, 2015 03:01 PM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that G2G3 will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based on a collective appreciation for user experience, design, and technology, G2G3 is uniquely qualified and motivated to redefine how organizations and people engage in an increasingly digital world.
Aug. 28, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 414
A producer of the first smartphones and tablets, presenter Lee M. Williams will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, COO of ETwater, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ET...
Aug. 28, 2015 02:00 PM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today the Containers & Microservices Bootcamp, being held November 3-4, 2015, in conjunction with 17th Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, and @DevOpsSummit at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This is your chance to get started with the latest technology in the industry. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Containers and Microservices Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, a Microsoft Regional Director, will include presentations as well as hands-on...
Aug. 28, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 127
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of tech...
Aug. 28, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 148