|By PR Newswire||
|October 2, 2013 03:07 PM EDT||
AGOURA HILLS, Calif., Oct. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- You have a problem. You've been told you can get to the top of Google by hiring a search engine optimization (SEO) firm that will provide various online marketing services for your company. We all know that search visibility is paramount online, but the choice between SEOs isn't quite as obvious. So you type "SEO company" into Google. Maybe you're looking for local web service companies, maybe it's a large marketing firm you're looking for; but as you contact these potential providers they all say the same thing about link building, content, and onsite optimization. Industry wide consensus can make it even harder to choose as each knowledgeable consultant seems to corroborate the other's claims.
Internet advertising has changed drastically and rapidly. Various programs have been created because of the shift toward social cues and fresh content creation. New blogging services, reputation management, fake reviews, content marketing, and even link removal companies are jumping in line to bid for your marketing dollar. As if the dizzying torrent of new strategies wasn't enough. Strategies that have been in place for years must be updated to combat the recent algorithm changes. This has put a lot of spam generating businesses out of operation, including big time blog networks that were involved in selling backlinks and various automated softwares.
The information everyone is hunting for seems to be tips for hiring the right SEO firm.
1. The older usually are the wiser- "Wise men make more opportunities than they find." – Francis Bacon. Since the beginning of my experience with SEO companies in 2009, I have noticed that the older and more established SEO companies are more capable of catering to specific needs. A lot of fly-by-night SEOs will keep up-to-date with the latest jargon and official Google statements but they don't have the time or knowledge to address the specific needs of an individual website. I have also recently realized that a lot of these new SEO companies are actually using old tactics that may hurt you in the long run. It's always a good idea to look for knowledge of important figureheads in organic search. Ask an SEO consultant if they are familiar with Rand Fishkin (founder of SEO Moz and Moz.com) and Matt Cutts (head of web Google's web spam team). About 75% of companies will be familiar with and able to talk at length about these two people. This will allow you to eliminate that 25% that will avoid the topic or try to discredit them.
2. Sometimes you have to learn first before you do- "The wisest mind has something yet to learn." – George Santayana. Before buying a car, people do research comparing features and price to determine what each vehicle has to offer above and beyond its competition. Approach searching for an SEO company with the same mentality. By learning some of the recent major algorithm changes you are equipping yourself with the ability to ask questions and judge service offerings. Google's webmaster videos may help you to speak with confidence and ask the right questions.
- What have you been doing since Google introduced Panda and Penguin?
- What type of reporting is available to help quantify linking, coding, positioning, etc.?
- What kind of backlinks will you be providing and are they Panda/Penguin Friendly?
- Can you show examples of clients in my industry or something close to it?
These questions will allow you to see which companies are up to date with Google algorithms and give you a better understanding of what deliverables to expect and if they are safe for your website.
3. Sometimes rankings just aren't enough- "Data is a precious thing and will last longer than the systems themselves." – Tim Berners-Lee. I can't express how many times I have heard people saying they rank for hundreds of terms on the first page yet they are not seeing traffic that reflects their authority positions. Analytics is the most important piece of code to have in your website as it gives you the most down-to-earth figures. Your advertiser need to know if your keywords are or are not being searched. This information makes smarter organic ranking campaigns possible by allowing you to target keywords that are benefitting you and cut out phrases that are wasting your resources and time. Make sure your SEO company is focused on more than just ranking a vanity keyword.
The outlined tips will help any individual or business compare, evaluate, and hire the right SEO company for the job. These tips may also help set you up to receive reports for evaluating services rendered or even net you additional services and reports that you may not have been offered. Just remember that SEO takes times. Just like body building, positive gains will build over time and sustained effort put into a site is the only way to reach your goals.
Contact NetSuccessUSA for any questions about SEO or internet advertising for your website at (800) 736-0081 or visit us at https://www.netsuccessusa.com/
With a global presence and a dedicated team of experienced SEO professionals, NetSuccessUSA has developed into one of the most adaptive internet marketing agencies on the market. We work with our clients to identify the best approach for marketing each individual site through proven marketing strategies and in-depth analytics. NetSuccessUSA clients include hundreds of international businesses and several Inc. and Fortune 500 enterprises.
Media Contact: Robert Kafka, Net Success USA, 1.818.661.4323, [email protected]
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Net Success USA
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to focus on the core of their online busine...
Oct. 28, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,489
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Nick Son, Vice President of Cyber Risk & Public Sector at Coalfire, will discuss the latest information on the FedRAMP Program. Topics will cover: FedRAMP Readiness Assessment Report (RAR). This new process is designed to streamline and accelerate the FedRAMP process from the traditional timeline by initially focusing on technical capability instead of documentation preparedness. FedRAMP for High-impact level systems. Early in 2016 FedRAMP officially publishe...
Oct. 28, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 674
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Oct. 28, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,243
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Oct. 28, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 409
Join IBM November 2 at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, and learn how to go beyond multi-speed it to bring agility to traditional enterprise applications. Technology innovation is the driving force behind modern business and enterprises must respond by increasing the speed and efficiency of software delivery. The challenge is that existing enterprise applications are expensive to develop and difficult to modernize. This often results in what Gartner calls...
Oct. 28, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 395
Qosmos, the market leader for IP traffic classification and network intelligence technology, has announced that it will launch the Launch L7 Viewer at CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley, being held November 1 – 3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The L7 Viewer is a traffic analysis tool that provides complete visibility of all network traffic that crosses a virtualized infrastructure, up to Layer 7. It facilitates and accelerates common IT tasks such as VM migra...
Oct. 28, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 663
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, will discuss the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They will also review two "free infrastruct...
Oct. 28, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 381
WebRTC defines no default signaling protocol, causing fragmentation between WebRTC silos. SIP and XMPP provide possibilities, but come with considerable complexity and are not designed for use in a web environment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Matthew Hodgson, technical co-founder of the Matrix.org, discussed how Matrix is a new non-profit Open Source Project that defines both a new HTTP-based standard for VoIP & IM signaling and provides reference implementations.
Oct. 28, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,939
Rapid innovation, changing business landscapes, and new IT demands force businesses to make changes quickly. In the eyes of many, containers are at the brink of becoming a pervasive technology in enterprise IT to accelerate application delivery. In this presentation, you'll learn about the: The transformation of IT to a DevOps, microservices, and container-based architecture What are containers and how DevOps practices can operate in a container-based environment A demonstration of how Docke...
Oct. 28, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,730
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Oct. 28, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,331
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Oct. 28, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 322
President Obama recently announced the launch of a new national awareness campaign to "encourage more Americans to move beyond passwords – adding an extra layer of security like a fingerprint or codes sent to your cellphone." The shift from single passwords to multi-factor authentication couldn’t be timelier or more strategic. This session will focus on why passwords alone are no longer effective, and why the time to act is now. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Chris Webber, security strateg...
Oct. 28, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 332
November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Penta Security is a leading vendor for data security solutions, including its encryption solution, D’Amo. By using FPE technology, D’Amo allows for the implementation of encryption technology to sensitive data fields without modification to schema in the database environment. With businesses having their data become increasingly more complicated in their mission-critical applications (such as ERP, CRM, HRM), continued ...
Oct. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,230
In the 21st century, security on the Internet has become one of the most important issues. We hear more and more about cyber-attacks on the websites of large corporations, banks and even small businesses. When online we’re concerned not only for our own safety but also our privacy. We have to know that hackers usually start their preparation by investigating the private information of admins – the habits, interests, visited websites and so on. On the other hand, our own security is in danger bec...
Oct. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 785
Two weeks ago (November 3-5), I attended the Cloud Expo Silicon Valley as a speaker, where I presented on the security and privacy due diligence requirements for cloud solutions. Cloud security is a topical issue for every CIO, CISO, and technology buyer. Decision-makers are always looking for insights on how to mitigate the security risks of implementing and using cloud solutions. Based on the presentation topics covered at the conference, as well as the general discussions heard between sessi...
Oct. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,256