|By PR Newswire||
|October 2, 2013 03:07 PM EDT||
AGOURA HILLS, Calif., Oct. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- You have a problem. You've been told you can get to the top of Google by hiring a search engine optimization (SEO) firm that will provide various online marketing services for your company. We all know that search visibility is paramount online, but the choice between SEOs isn't quite as obvious. So you type "SEO company" into Google. Maybe you're looking for local web service companies, maybe it's a large marketing firm you're looking for; but as you contact these potential providers they all say the same thing about link building, content, and onsite optimization. Industry wide consensus can make it even harder to choose as each knowledgeable consultant seems to corroborate the other's claims.
Internet advertising has changed drastically and rapidly. Various programs have been created because of the shift toward social cues and fresh content creation. New blogging services, reputation management, fake reviews, content marketing, and even link removal companies are jumping in line to bid for your marketing dollar. As if the dizzying torrent of new strategies wasn't enough. Strategies that have been in place for years must be updated to combat the recent algorithm changes. This has put a lot of spam generating businesses out of operation, including big time blog networks that were involved in selling backlinks and various automated softwares.
The information everyone is hunting for seems to be tips for hiring the right SEO firm.
1. The older usually are the wiser- "Wise men make more opportunities than they find." – Francis Bacon. Since the beginning of my experience with SEO companies in 2009, I have noticed that the older and more established SEO companies are more capable of catering to specific needs. A lot of fly-by-night SEOs will keep up-to-date with the latest jargon and official Google statements but they don't have the time or knowledge to address the specific needs of an individual website. I have also recently realized that a lot of these new SEO companies are actually using old tactics that may hurt you in the long run. It's always a good idea to look for knowledge of important figureheads in organic search. Ask an SEO consultant if they are familiar with Rand Fishkin (founder of SEO Moz and Moz.com) and Matt Cutts (head of web Google's web spam team). About 75% of companies will be familiar with and able to talk at length about these two people. This will allow you to eliminate that 25% that will avoid the topic or try to discredit them.
2. Sometimes you have to learn first before you do- "The wisest mind has something yet to learn." – George Santayana. Before buying a car, people do research comparing features and price to determine what each vehicle has to offer above and beyond its competition. Approach searching for an SEO company with the same mentality. By learning some of the recent major algorithm changes you are equipping yourself with the ability to ask questions and judge service offerings. Google's webmaster videos may help you to speak with confidence and ask the right questions.
- What have you been doing since Google introduced Panda and Penguin?
- What type of reporting is available to help quantify linking, coding, positioning, etc.?
- What kind of backlinks will you be providing and are they Panda/Penguin Friendly?
- Can you show examples of clients in my industry or something close to it?
These questions will allow you to see which companies are up to date with Google algorithms and give you a better understanding of what deliverables to expect and if they are safe for your website.
3. Sometimes rankings just aren't enough- "Data is a precious thing and will last longer than the systems themselves." – Tim Berners-Lee. I can't express how many times I have heard people saying they rank for hundreds of terms on the first page yet they are not seeing traffic that reflects their authority positions. Analytics is the most important piece of code to have in your website as it gives you the most down-to-earth figures. Your advertiser need to know if your keywords are or are not being searched. This information makes smarter organic ranking campaigns possible by allowing you to target keywords that are benefitting you and cut out phrases that are wasting your resources and time. Make sure your SEO company is focused on more than just ranking a vanity keyword.
The outlined tips will help any individual or business compare, evaluate, and hire the right SEO company for the job. These tips may also help set you up to receive reports for evaluating services rendered or even net you additional services and reports that you may not have been offered. Just remember that SEO takes times. Just like body building, positive gains will build over time and sustained effort put into a site is the only way to reach your goals.
Contact NetSuccessUSA for any questions about SEO or internet advertising for your website at (800) 736-0081 or visit us at https://www.netsuccessusa.com/
With a global presence and a dedicated team of experienced SEO professionals, NetSuccessUSA has developed into one of the most adaptive internet marketing agencies on the market. We work with our clients to identify the best approach for marketing each individual site through proven marketing strategies and in-depth analytics. NetSuccessUSA clients include hundreds of international businesses and several Inc. and Fortune 500 enterprises.
Media Contact: Robert Kafka, Net Success USA, 1.818.661.4323, [email protected]
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Net Success USA
Akana has announced the availability of version 8 of its API Management solution. The Akana Platform provides an end-to-end API Management solution for designing, implementing, securing, managing, monitoring, and publishing APIs. It is available as a SaaS platform, on-premises, and as a hybrid deployment. Version 8 introduces a lot of new functionality, all aimed at offering customers the richest API Management capabilities in a way that is easier than ever for API and app developers to use.
Aug. 24, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,373
Personalization has long been the holy grail of marketing. Simply stated, communicate the most relevant offer to the right person and you will increase sales. To achieve this, you must understand the individual. Consequently, digital marketers developed many ways to gather and leverage customer information to deliver targeted experiences. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lou Casal, Founder and Principal Consultant at Practicala, discussed how the Internet of Things (IoT) has accelerated our abil...
Aug. 24, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,828
Kubernetes, Docker and containers are changing the world, and how companies are deploying their software and running their infrastructure. With the shift in how applications are built and deployed, new challenges must be solved. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, will discuss the implications of containerized applications/infrastructures and their impact on the enterprise. In a real world example based on Kubernetes, he will show how to ...
Aug. 24, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,244
With so much going on in this space you could be forgiven for thinking you were always working with yesterday’s technologies. So much change, so quickly. What do you do if you have to build a solution from the ground up that is expected to live in the field for at least 5-10 years? This is the challenge we faced when we looked to refresh our existing 10-year-old custom hardware stack to measure the fullness of trash cans and compactors.
Aug. 24, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,568
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at DevOps Summit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, cutting-edge enterprise web applications for desktop and mobile. SmartClient combines the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software with the simp...
Aug. 24, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,035
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions wi...
Aug. 24, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,829
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Aug. 24, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,778
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Aug. 23, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,203
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 23, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,480
Qosmos has announced new milestones in the detection of encrypted traffic and in protocol signature coverage. Qosmos latest software can accurately classify traffic encrypted with SSL/TLS (e.g., Google, Facebook, WhatsApp), P2P traffic (e.g., BitTorrent, MuTorrent, Vuze), and Skype, while preserving the privacy of communication content. These new classification techniques mean that traffic optimization, policy enforcement, and user experience are largely unaffected by encryption. In respect wit...
Aug. 23, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,641
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Aug. 23, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,967
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Aug. 23, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,739
To leverage Continuous Delivery, enterprises must consider impacts that span functional silos, as well as applications that touch older, slower moving components. Managing the many dependencies can cause slowdowns. See how to achieve continuous delivery in the enterprise.
Aug. 23, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,395
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 23, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,623
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 23, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,792