|By PR Newswire||
|October 2, 2013 03:07 PM EDT||
AGOURA HILLS, Calif., Oct. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- You have a problem. You've been told you can get to the top of Google by hiring a search engine optimization (SEO) firm that will provide various online marketing services for your company. We all know that search visibility is paramount online, but the choice between SEOs isn't quite as obvious. So you type "SEO company" into Google. Maybe you're looking for local web service companies, maybe it's a large marketing firm you're looking for; but as you contact these potential providers they all say the same thing about link building, content, and onsite optimization. Industry wide consensus can make it even harder to choose as each knowledgeable consultant seems to corroborate the other's claims.
Internet advertising has changed drastically and rapidly. Various programs have been created because of the shift toward social cues and fresh content creation. New blogging services, reputation management, fake reviews, content marketing, and even link removal companies are jumping in line to bid for your marketing dollar. As if the dizzying torrent of new strategies wasn't enough. Strategies that have been in place for years must be updated to combat the recent algorithm changes. This has put a lot of spam generating businesses out of operation, including big time blog networks that were involved in selling backlinks and various automated softwares.
The information everyone is hunting for seems to be tips for hiring the right SEO firm.
1. The older usually are the wiser- "Wise men make more opportunities than they find." – Francis Bacon. Since the beginning of my experience with SEO companies in 2009, I have noticed that the older and more established SEO companies are more capable of catering to specific needs. A lot of fly-by-night SEOs will keep up-to-date with the latest jargon and official Google statements but they don't have the time or knowledge to address the specific needs of an individual website. I have also recently realized that a lot of these new SEO companies are actually using old tactics that may hurt you in the long run. It's always a good idea to look for knowledge of important figureheads in organic search. Ask an SEO consultant if they are familiar with Rand Fishkin (founder of SEO Moz and Moz.com) and Matt Cutts (head of web Google's web spam team). About 75% of companies will be familiar with and able to talk at length about these two people. This will allow you to eliminate that 25% that will avoid the topic or try to discredit them.
2. Sometimes you have to learn first before you do- "The wisest mind has something yet to learn." – George Santayana. Before buying a car, people do research comparing features and price to determine what each vehicle has to offer above and beyond its competition. Approach searching for an SEO company with the same mentality. By learning some of the recent major algorithm changes you are equipping yourself with the ability to ask questions and judge service offerings. Google's webmaster videos may help you to speak with confidence and ask the right questions.
- What have you been doing since Google introduced Panda and Penguin?
- What type of reporting is available to help quantify linking, coding, positioning, etc.?
- What kind of backlinks will you be providing and are they Panda/Penguin Friendly?
- Can you show examples of clients in my industry or something close to it?
These questions will allow you to see which companies are up to date with Google algorithms and give you a better understanding of what deliverables to expect and if they are safe for your website.
3. Sometimes rankings just aren't enough- "Data is a precious thing and will last longer than the systems themselves." – Tim Berners-Lee. I can't express how many times I have heard people saying they rank for hundreds of terms on the first page yet they are not seeing traffic that reflects their authority positions. Analytics is the most important piece of code to have in your website as it gives you the most down-to-earth figures. Your advertiser need to know if your keywords are or are not being searched. This information makes smarter organic ranking campaigns possible by allowing you to target keywords that are benefitting you and cut out phrases that are wasting your resources and time. Make sure your SEO company is focused on more than just ranking a vanity keyword.
The outlined tips will help any individual or business compare, evaluate, and hire the right SEO company for the job. These tips may also help set you up to receive reports for evaluating services rendered or even net you additional services and reports that you may not have been offered. Just remember that SEO takes times. Just like body building, positive gains will build over time and sustained effort put into a site is the only way to reach your goals.
Contact NetSuccessUSA for any questions about SEO or internet advertising for your website at (800) 736-0081 or visit us at https://www.netsuccessusa.com/
With a global presence and a dedicated team of experienced SEO professionals, NetSuccessUSA has developed into one of the most adaptive internet marketing agencies on the market. We work with our clients to identify the best approach for marketing each individual site through proven marketing strategies and in-depth analytics. NetSuccessUSA clients include hundreds of international businesses and several Inc. and Fortune 500 enterprises.
Media Contact: Robert Kafka, Net Success USA, 1.818.661.4323, [email protected]
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Net Success USA
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudistics, an on-premises cloud computing company, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloudistics delivers a complete public cloud experience with composable on-premises infrastructures to medium and large enterprises. Its software-defined technology natively converges network, storage, compute, virtualization, and management into a ...
Mar. 26, 2017 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,949
Now that the world has connected “things,” we need to build these devices as truly intelligent in order to create instantaneous and precise results. This means you have to do as much of the processing at the point of entry as you can: at the edge. The killer use cases for IoT are becoming manifest through AI engines on edge devices. An autonomous car has this dual edge/cloud analytics model, producing precise, real-time results. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Crupi, Vice President and Eng...
Mar. 26, 2017 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,873
SYS-CON Events announced today that HTBase will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. HTBase (Gartner 2016 Cool Vendor) delivers a Composable IT infrastructure solution architected for agility and increased efficiency. It turns compute, storage, and fabric into fluid pools of resources that are easily composed and re-composed to meet each application’s needs. With HTBase, companies can quickly prov...
Mar. 26, 2017 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,885
There are 66 million network cameras capturing terabytes of data. How did factories in Japan improve physical security at the facilities and improve employee productivity? Edge Computing reduces possible kilobytes of data collected per second to only a few kilobytes of data transmitted to the public cloud every day. Data is aggregated and analyzed close to sensors so only intelligent results need to be transmitted to the cloud. Non-essential data is recycled to optimize storage.
Mar. 26, 2017 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,986
Historically, some banking activities such as trading have been relying heavily on analytics and cutting edge algorithmic tools. The coming of age of powerful data analytics solutions combined with the development of intelligent algorithms have created new opportunities for financial institutions. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Sebastien Meunier, Head of Digital for North America at Chappuis Halder & Co., will discuss how these tools can be leveraged to develop a lasting competitive advanta...
Mar. 26, 2017 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,692
"I think that everyone recognizes that for IoT to really realize its full potential and value that it is about creating ecosystems and marketplaces and that no single vendor is able to support what is required," explained Esmeralda Swartz, VP, Marketing Enterprise and Cloud at Ericsson, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Mar. 26, 2017 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,169
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Mar. 26, 2017 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,688
While DevOps most critically and famously fosters collaboration, communication, and integration through cultural change, culture is more of an output than an input. In order to actively drive cultural evolution, organizations must make substantial organizational and process changes, and adopt new technologies, to encourage a DevOps culture. Moderated by Andi Mann, panelists discussed how to balance these three pillars of DevOps, where to focus attention (and resources), where organizations might...
Mar. 26, 2017 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 6,167
In their Live Hack” presentation at 17th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty and Paul Fletcher, Chief Security Evangelists at Alert Logic, provided the audience with a chance to see a live demonstration of the common tools cyber attackers use to attack cloud and traditional IT systems. This “Live Hack” used open source attack tools that are free and available for download by anybody. Attendees learned where to find and how to operate these tools for the purpose of testing their own IT infrastructure. The...
Mar. 26, 2017 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 7,312
SYS-CON Events announced today that IoT Now has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IoT Now explores the evolving opportunities and challenges facing CSPs, and it passes on some lessons learned from those who have taken the first steps in next-gen IoT services.
Mar. 26, 2017 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,872
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Mar. 26, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,765
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Mar. 26, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,952
Information technology (IT) advances are transforming the way we innovate in business, thereby disrupting the old guard and their predictable status-quo. It’s creating global market turbulence. Industries are converging, and new opportunities and threats are emerging, like never before. So, how are savvy chief information officers (CIOs) leading this transition? Back in 2015, the IBM Institute for Business Value conducted a market study that included the findings from over 1,800 CIO interviews ...
Mar. 26, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,196
Virtualization over the past years has become a key strategy for IT to acquire multi-tenancy, increase utilization, develop elasticity and improve security. And virtual machines (VMs) are quickly becoming a main vehicle for developing and deploying applications. The introduction of containers seems to be bringing another and perhaps overlapped solution for achieving the same above-mentioned benefits. Are a container and a virtual machine fundamentally the same or different? And how? Is one techn...
Mar. 26, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,936
What sort of WebRTC based applications can we expect to see over the next year and beyond? One way to predict development trends is to see what sorts of applications startups are building. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Arin Sime, founder of WebRTC.ventures, will discuss the current and likely future trends in WebRTC application development based on real requests for custom applications from real customers, as well as other public sources of information,
Mar. 26, 2017 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 795