|By Marketwired .||
|October 4, 2013 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 10/04/13 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
The growth of data is well documented, but it is easy to forget that there are a range of people, entities and activities involved in producing each electronic record. For organizations this additional level of complexity can present serious operational risk and process effectiveness challenges. Without a standard way of assessing the provenance of electronic records, it is extremely difficult for organizations to determine the quality of information, accurately attribute it to the correct author(s) or prove that actions have been performed according to specification. It is also extremely challenging to put the proper controls in place without provenance of information in heterogeneous environments. To address these challenges and provide customers with complete and virtually seamless controls coverage, Oracle has implemented the World Wide Web (W3C) Provenance (PROV) standard in the latest release of Oracle Fusion Advanced Controls.
- To help companies better assess whether data and sources can be trusted, Oracle has implemented the World Wide Web (W3C) Provenance (PROV) standard in the latest release of Oracle Fusion Advanced Controls.
- By utilizing a standardized approach to data provenance, Oracle is enabling customers and partners to quickly and easily create, integrate and connect advanced control solutions with multiple heterogeneous on-premise or cloud-based ERP systems.
- The standardization helps organizations further optimize business processes by supporting a single advanced controls solution across its ERP systems.
- In addition, by implementing the W3C PROV standard in the latest release of Oracle Fusion Advanced Controls, Oracle has streamlined implementations by allowing companies to reduce the need for time consuming and expensive customizations.
- W3C is an international community that develops open standards to ensure the long-term growth of the Web. The PROV Family of Documents (with W3C recommendations) define a model to enable the interoperable interchange of provenance information in heterogeneous environments.
- Oracle Fusion Advanced Controls enables companies and organizations to improve their bottom line and reduce operational risk without slowing down their business by helping to prevent financial leakage and strengthen control.
- Oracle Fusion Advanced Controls is part of the Oracle Fusion Applications suite that also benefits the entire lifecycle of an organization's Oracle E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft and other ERP systems. From initial implementations, to upgrade and transformation projects, to running day-to-day operations, Oracle Advanced Controls is a complete solution that provides the power to discover issues, manage incidents, and enforce controls.
- "The provenance of information is crucial in deciding whether information is to be trusted, how it should be integrated with other diverse information sources, and how to give credit to its originators when reusing it," said Paul Groth, co-chair W3C Provenance Working Group. "We are excited both by the number of implementations of PROV and the uptake of standards in business process controls."
- "To help organizations efficiently and effectively manage ever increasing amounts of data, Oracle is committed to open standards that support both on-premise and cloud-based integrations," said Chris Leone, group vice president, Oracle Applications Development. "The implementation of the W3C Provenance Standard with Oracle Fusion Advanced Controls further demonstrates this commitment. By virtually eliminating time consuming and costly customizations that are typically involved with the provenance of information, the implementation enables customers and partners to quickly and easily integrate and connect advanced control solutions with heterogeneous systems."
- Oracle Fusion Advanced Controls
- Podcast: Oracle Advanced Controls Overview
- Blog: Oracle Advanced Controls Uptakes W3C PROV Standard
- W3C Provenance (PROV)
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Oct. 23, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,916
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Oct. 23, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,830
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 23, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,283
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Oct. 23, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,915
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,688
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interface Masters Technologies, a leader in Network Visibility and Uptime Solutions, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Interface Masters Technologies is a leading vendor in the network monitoring and high speed networking markets. Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Interface Masters' expertise lies in Gigabit, 10 Gigabit and 40 Gigabit Eth...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,302
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue an...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,949
As software becomes more and more complex, we, as software developers, have been splitting up our code into smaller and smaller components. This is also true for the environment in which we run our code: going from bare metal, to VMs to the modern-day Cloud Native world of containers, schedulers and microservices. While we have figured out how to run containerized applications in the cloud using schedulers, we've yet to come up with a good solution to bridge the gap between getting your conta...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,439
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his session at @DevOpsSummit 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will show how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that enables everyon...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,272
SYS-CON Events announced today that Streamlyzer will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Streamlyzer is a powerful analytics for video streaming service that enables video streaming providers to monitor and analyze QoE (Quality-of-Experience) from end-user devices in real time.
Oct. 23, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 941
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Oct. 23, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 9,646
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Oct. 23, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 846
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining sensor...
Oct. 23, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 640
DevOps theory promotes a culture of continuous improvement built on collaboration, empowerment, systems thinking, and feedback loops. But how do you collaborate effectively across the traditional silos? How can you make decisions without system-wide visibility? How can you see the whole system when it is spread across teams and locations? How do you close feedback loops across teams and activities delivering complex multi-tier, cloud, container, serverless, and/or API-based services?
Oct. 23, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 991
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity.
Oct. 23, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 10,959