|By Business Wire||
|November 15, 2013 04:15 PM EST||
Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, will showcase its latest eye care technologies, including its new imageSPECTRUM (v5.0) Image Management System software, during the 2013 Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO), November 15-19, at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans. Visitors to Canon booth #3028 will be able to view demonstrations of the latest Canon eye care products, including the latest version of imageSPECTRUM Image Management System software (v5.0) (2014 Healthcare Reform-ready) linked to its current line of mydriatic and non-mydriatic retinal cameras, and to its full auto refractor/keratometer, full auto tonometer, and automated perimeter.
Available now, the Canon imageSPECTRUM Image Management System software (v5.0) is designed to help healthcare practitioners enhance their patient and image management workflow and can assist with their HIPAA/HITECH compliance efforts.
This state-of-the-art solution allows any size ophthalmology practice using Windows®71 to capture images and instantaneously query, retrieve and view completed studies from a single database - whether in the next room or across the country. imageSPECTRUM software is fully DICOM2-compliant for increased interoperability. This latest version of imageSPECTRUM software is designed with data portability and security in mind. It also comes ready to communicate with most EMR systems. Additionally, it features integrated state-of-the-art password protection and file encryption systems, multi-level user access system security tools, data integrity, extensive audit logging and a complete data archival, redundancy and disaster recovery protection system, which can greatly assist ophthalmologists in complying with HIPAA/HITECH requirements.
AAO Annual Meeting attendees will have the opportunity to see the Company’s full line of integrated Eye Care solutions including:
- CX-1 Hybrid Digital Mydriatic/Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera: The CX-1 Camera is a fully digital hybrid retinal camera system. Being a hybrid system, the camera offers the flexibility of being used as a mydriatic camera, or as a non-mydriatic camera. Users may take Color, Red-Free, Cobalt, Fundus Autofluorescence images or perform a Fluorescein Angiography study in either of the camera modes. The CX-1 Camera integrates a dedicated Canon EOS digital SLR camera for retina with a high sensitivity CMOS image sensor that achieves ultra-high resolution images with superb detail, contrast and color fidelity. The built-in non-mydriatic mode not only helps saves time and resources, but also makes the diagnostic procedure more comfortable for patients with pupils smaller than 3.8 mm.
- CF-1 Digital Mydriatic Retinal Camera: The CF-1 Mydriatic Camera is a versatile 50° retinal camera with three color modes: Fluorescein Angiography, Color, and Red-Free. The camera can take full field images with a pupil diameter as small as Ø 5.2mm in mydriatic mode and down to Ø 4.3mm in SP Mode using an 18 megapixel Canon EOS 60D digital camera.
- CR-2 PLUS AF Digital Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera: The Canon CR-2 PLUS AF Digital Retinal Camera is designed to help you consistently capture and analyze truly outstanding images—quickly, efficiently, and automatically. Designed for use with a dedicated Canon EOS digital SLR camera for retina, advanced CMOS image-capture technology and special image processing for ophthalmic imaging, the CR-2 PLUS AF camera provides advanced features specifically designed to enhance, capture and analyze important fundus images. The camera comes ready for Color and Fundus Autofluorescence imaging and when coupled with the imageSPECTRUM software digital filters such as Red, Green, and Blue can be applied to images. The camera also comes with an Anterior Segment mode for added functionality.
- CR-2 Digital Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera: The CR-2 Camera is an extremely compact digital non-mydriatic retinal camera with 45° field angle. The camera uses a customized 18 megapixel digital camera incorporating Canon EOS technology and special image processing for ophthalmic imaging. Special digital RGB filters from imageSPECTRUM can be used to provide an enhanced view of the retina at the RFL, ganglion and choroid. White LED lamp, instead of a flash tube lamp, provides for an extremely soft, patient-friendly flash and lasts approximately twice as long as a Xenon tube, which can help to reduce maintenance costs.
- RK-F2 Full Auto Ref-Keratometer: Using the Full Auto mode, the RK-F2 refractor and keratometer automatically aligns and acquires a reading for one eye and then continues to the opposite eye to perform the same function—all with one touch of a button. The RK-F2 has a compact footprint that is coupled with an omnidirectional joystick, 5.7 inch color LCD monitor, and built-in printer. The RK-F2 helps accelerate the exam process by providing extremely fast and accurate measurements, making it an ideal complement to the ophthalmic suite. It also has a wide measurement range, does peripheral corneal measurements and can handle small pupils easily.
- TX-20 Full Auto Tonometer: The TX-20 is a fully automatic, non-contact tonometer that uses a soft puff of air to help quickly and accurately provide sequential eye readings at the touch of one button. Visual reliability indicators, motorized joystick, built-in printer, LAN and RS-232C output are all included in a small compact design that can quickly become an indispensable device for any office.
- PTS 1000 Automated Perimeter: The PTS 1000 Automated Perimeter is a modern diagnostic instrument that provides quick and precise screening and thresholding for just about all automated perimetry needs. The PTS 1000 offers static and kinetic stimuli with standard Goldmann illumination, stimuli sizes and stimuli colors used in perimetry. A wide range of strategies and analysis tools is combined with an intuitive interface to give ophthalmologists a powerful and affordable diagnostic tool.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $40 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2012† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2013. In 2013, Canon U.S.A. received the PCMag.com Readers’ Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the tenth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past three years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company’s RSS feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @canonUSA.
For more information about Canon ophthalmic devices and solutions, please go to www.usa.canon.com/eye-care.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
1 Windows is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United Stated and/or other countries.
2 DICOM is a registered trademark of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association for its standard publications retailing to digital communications of medical information.
All other referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Sep. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,818
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Sep. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,708
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Sep. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,614
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Sep. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,327
Digitization is driving a fundamental change in society that is transforming the way businesses work with their customers, their supply chains and their people. Digital transformation leverages DevOps best practices, such as Agile Parallel Development, Continuous Delivery and Agile Operations to capitalize on opportunities and create competitive differentiation in the application economy. However, information security has been notably absent from the DevOps movement. Speed doesn’t have to negat...
Sep. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,073
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Sep. 26, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,016
SYS-CON Events announced today that ReadyTalk, a leading provider of online conferencing and webinar services, has been named Vendor Presentation Sponsor at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ReadyTalk delivers audio and web conferencing services that inspire collaboration and enable the Future of Work for today’s increasingly digital and mobile workforce. By combining intuitive, innovative tec...
Sep. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,823
Your business relies on your applications and your employees to stay in business. Whether you develop apps or manage business critical apps that help fuel your business, what happens when users experience sluggish performance? You and all technical teams across the organization – application, network, operations, among others, as well as, those outside the organization, like ISPs and third-party providers – are called in to solve the problem.
Sep. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,511
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Sep. 26, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,899
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Sep. 26, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,555
Enterprise IT has been in the era of Hybrid Cloud for some time now. But it seems most conversations about Hybrid are focused on integrating AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google ECM into existing on-premises systems. Where is all the Private Cloud? What do technology providers need to do to make their offerings more compelling? How should enterprise IT executives and buyers define their focus, needs, and roadmap, and communicate that clearly to the providers?
Sep. 26, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,551
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management solutions, helping companies worldwide activate their data to drive more value and business insight and to transform moder...
Sep. 26, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,604
Much of the value of DevOps comes from a (renewed) focus on measurement, sharing, and continuous feedback loops. In increasingly complex DevOps workflows and environments, and especially in larger, regulated, or more crystallized organizations, these core concepts become even more critical. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Andi Mann, Chief Technology Advocate at Splunk, showed how, by focusing on 'metrics that matter,' you can provide objective, transparent, and meaningful f...
Sep. 26, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,546
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Sep. 26, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,100
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Sep. 26, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,716