|By Business Wire||
|November 15, 2013 04:15 PM EST||
Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, will showcase its latest eye care technologies, including its new imageSPECTRUM (v5.0) Image Management System software, during the 2013 Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO), November 15-19, at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans. Visitors to Canon booth #3028 will be able to view demonstrations of the latest Canon eye care products, including the latest version of imageSPECTRUM Image Management System software (v5.0) (2014 Healthcare Reform-ready) linked to its current line of mydriatic and non-mydriatic retinal cameras, and to its full auto refractor/keratometer, full auto tonometer, and automated perimeter.
Available now, the Canon imageSPECTRUM Image Management System software (v5.0) is designed to help healthcare practitioners enhance their patient and image management workflow and can assist with their HIPAA/HITECH compliance efforts.
This state-of-the-art solution allows any size ophthalmology practice using Windows®71 to capture images and instantaneously query, retrieve and view completed studies from a single database - whether in the next room or across the country. imageSPECTRUM software is fully DICOM2-compliant for increased interoperability. This latest version of imageSPECTRUM software is designed with data portability and security in mind. It also comes ready to communicate with most EMR systems. Additionally, it features integrated state-of-the-art password protection and file encryption systems, multi-level user access system security tools, data integrity, extensive audit logging and a complete data archival, redundancy and disaster recovery protection system, which can greatly assist ophthalmologists in complying with HIPAA/HITECH requirements.
AAO Annual Meeting attendees will have the opportunity to see the Company’s full line of integrated Eye Care solutions including:
- CX-1 Hybrid Digital Mydriatic/Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera: The CX-1 Camera is a fully digital hybrid retinal camera system. Being a hybrid system, the camera offers the flexibility of being used as a mydriatic camera, or as a non-mydriatic camera. Users may take Color, Red-Free, Cobalt, Fundus Autofluorescence images or perform a Fluorescein Angiography study in either of the camera modes. The CX-1 Camera integrates a dedicated Canon EOS digital SLR camera for retina with a high sensitivity CMOS image sensor that achieves ultra-high resolution images with superb detail, contrast and color fidelity. The built-in non-mydriatic mode not only helps saves time and resources, but also makes the diagnostic procedure more comfortable for patients with pupils smaller than 3.8 mm.
- CF-1 Digital Mydriatic Retinal Camera: The CF-1 Mydriatic Camera is a versatile 50° retinal camera with three color modes: Fluorescein Angiography, Color, and Red-Free. The camera can take full field images with a pupil diameter as small as Ø 5.2mm in mydriatic mode and down to Ø 4.3mm in SP Mode using an 18 megapixel Canon EOS 60D digital camera.
- CR-2 PLUS AF Digital Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera: The Canon CR-2 PLUS AF Digital Retinal Camera is designed to help you consistently capture and analyze truly outstanding images—quickly, efficiently, and automatically. Designed for use with a dedicated Canon EOS digital SLR camera for retina, advanced CMOS image-capture technology and special image processing for ophthalmic imaging, the CR-2 PLUS AF camera provides advanced features specifically designed to enhance, capture and analyze important fundus images. The camera comes ready for Color and Fundus Autofluorescence imaging and when coupled with the imageSPECTRUM software digital filters such as Red, Green, and Blue can be applied to images. The camera also comes with an Anterior Segment mode for added functionality.
- CR-2 Digital Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera: The CR-2 Camera is an extremely compact digital non-mydriatic retinal camera with 45° field angle. The camera uses a customized 18 megapixel digital camera incorporating Canon EOS technology and special image processing for ophthalmic imaging. Special digital RGB filters from imageSPECTRUM can be used to provide an enhanced view of the retina at the RFL, ganglion and choroid. White LED lamp, instead of a flash tube lamp, provides for an extremely soft, patient-friendly flash and lasts approximately twice as long as a Xenon tube, which can help to reduce maintenance costs.
- RK-F2 Full Auto Ref-Keratometer: Using the Full Auto mode, the RK-F2 refractor and keratometer automatically aligns and acquires a reading for one eye and then continues to the opposite eye to perform the same function—all with one touch of a button. The RK-F2 has a compact footprint that is coupled with an omnidirectional joystick, 5.7 inch color LCD monitor, and built-in printer. The RK-F2 helps accelerate the exam process by providing extremely fast and accurate measurements, making it an ideal complement to the ophthalmic suite. It also has a wide measurement range, does peripheral corneal measurements and can handle small pupils easily.
- TX-20 Full Auto Tonometer: The TX-20 is a fully automatic, non-contact tonometer that uses a soft puff of air to help quickly and accurately provide sequential eye readings at the touch of one button. Visual reliability indicators, motorized joystick, built-in printer, LAN and RS-232C output are all included in a small compact design that can quickly become an indispensable device for any office.
- PTS 1000 Automated Perimeter: The PTS 1000 Automated Perimeter is a modern diagnostic instrument that provides quick and precise screening and thresholding for just about all automated perimetry needs. The PTS 1000 offers static and kinetic stimuli with standard Goldmann illumination, stimuli sizes and stimuli colors used in perimetry. A wide range of strategies and analysis tools is combined with an intuitive interface to give ophthalmologists a powerful and affordable diagnostic tool.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $40 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2012† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2013. In 2013, Canon U.S.A. received the PCMag.com Readers’ Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the tenth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past three years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company’s RSS feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @canonUSA.
For more information about Canon ophthalmic devices and solutions, please go to www.usa.canon.com/eye-care.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
1 Windows is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United Stated and/or other countries.
2 DICOM is a registered trademark of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association for its standard publications retailing to digital communications of medical information.
All other referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,150
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm ...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,783
Although it has gained significant traction in the consumer space, IoT is still in the early stages of adoption in enterprises environments. However, many companies are working on initiatives like Industry 4.0 that includes IoT as one of the key disruptive technologies expected to reshape businesses of tomorrow. The key challenges will be availability, robustness and reliability of networks that connect devices in a business environment. Software Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) is expected to...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,040
OnProcess Technology has announced it will be a featured speaker at @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1 - 3, 2016, in Santa Clara, California. Dan Gettens, OnProcess’ Chief Analytics Officer, will discuss how Internet of Things (IoT) data can be leveraged to predict product failures, improve uptime and slash costly inventory stock. @ThingsExpo is an annual gathering of IoT and cloud developers, practitioners and thought-leaders who exchange ideas and insights on topics ranging from Big Data in...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:42 AM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that CDS Global Cloud, an Infrastructure as a Service provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CDS Global Cloud is an IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) provider specializing in solutions for e-commerce, internet gaming, online education and other internet applications. With a growing number of data centers and network points around the world, ...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,594
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of (at least) three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the back-end service, and the mobile application for the end user’s controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/target –...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,006
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 25, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,108
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Oct. 25, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,915
Big Data has been changing the world. IoT fuels the further transformation recently. How are Big Data and IoT related? In his session at @BigDataExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will explore the interplay of Big Data and IoT. He will anatomize Big Data and IoT separately in terms of what, which, why, where, when, who, how and how much. He will then analyze the relationship between IoT and Big Data, specifically the drilldown of how the 4Vs of Big Data (Volume, Variety,...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,515
SYS-CON Events announced today that Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, will present at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Tintri VM-aware storage is the simplest for virtualized applications and cloud. Organizations including GE, Toyota, United Healthcare, NASA and 6 of the Fortune 15 have said “No to LUNs.” With Tintri they manag...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,641
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, the leading provider of modern development tools and best practices for Continuous Integration on OpenVMS, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware products and development tools that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,533
From wearable activity trackers to fantasy e-sports, data and technology are transforming the way athletes train for the game and fans engage with their teams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, will present key data findings from leading sports organizations San Francisco 49ers, Orlando Magic NBA team. By utilizing data analytics these sports orgs have recognized new revenue streams, doubled its fan base and streamlined costs at its stadiums. John Paul is the CEO and Founder of VenueNext. Prior ...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,674
Ask someone to architect an Internet of Things (IoT) solution and you are guaranteed to see a reference to the cloud. This would lead you to believe that IoT requires the cloud to exist. However, there are many IoT use cases where the cloud is not feasible or desirable. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, will discuss the strategies that exist to extend intelligence directly to IoT devices and sensors, freeing them from the constraints of ...
Oct. 25, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,063
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of So...
Oct. 25, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,173
SYS-CON Events announced today that Embotics, the cloud automation company, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Embotics is the cloud automation company for IT organizations and service providers that need to improve provisioning or enable self-service capabilities. With a relentless focus on delivering a premier user experience and unmatched customer support, Embotics is the fas...
Oct. 25, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 919