|By Business Wire||
|November 15, 2013 04:15 PM EST||
Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, will showcase its latest eye care technologies, including its new imageSPECTRUM (v5.0) Image Management System software, during the 2013 Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO), November 15-19, at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans. Visitors to Canon booth #3028 will be able to view demonstrations of the latest Canon eye care products, including the latest version of imageSPECTRUM Image Management System software (v5.0) (2014 Healthcare Reform-ready) linked to its current line of mydriatic and non-mydriatic retinal cameras, and to its full auto refractor/keratometer, full auto tonometer, and automated perimeter.
Available now, the Canon imageSPECTRUM Image Management System software (v5.0) is designed to help healthcare practitioners enhance their patient and image management workflow and can assist with their HIPAA/HITECH compliance efforts.
This state-of-the-art solution allows any size ophthalmology practice using Windows®71 to capture images and instantaneously query, retrieve and view completed studies from a single database - whether in the next room or across the country. imageSPECTRUM software is fully DICOM2-compliant for increased interoperability. This latest version of imageSPECTRUM software is designed with data portability and security in mind. It also comes ready to communicate with most EMR systems. Additionally, it features integrated state-of-the-art password protection and file encryption systems, multi-level user access system security tools, data integrity, extensive audit logging and a complete data archival, redundancy and disaster recovery protection system, which can greatly assist ophthalmologists in complying with HIPAA/HITECH requirements.
AAO Annual Meeting attendees will have the opportunity to see the Company’s full line of integrated Eye Care solutions including:
- CX-1 Hybrid Digital Mydriatic/Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera: The CX-1 Camera is a fully digital hybrid retinal camera system. Being a hybrid system, the camera offers the flexibility of being used as a mydriatic camera, or as a non-mydriatic camera. Users may take Color, Red-Free, Cobalt, Fundus Autofluorescence images or perform a Fluorescein Angiography study in either of the camera modes. The CX-1 Camera integrates a dedicated Canon EOS digital SLR camera for retina with a high sensitivity CMOS image sensor that achieves ultra-high resolution images with superb detail, contrast and color fidelity. The built-in non-mydriatic mode not only helps saves time and resources, but also makes the diagnostic procedure more comfortable for patients with pupils smaller than 3.8 mm.
- CF-1 Digital Mydriatic Retinal Camera: The CF-1 Mydriatic Camera is a versatile 50° retinal camera with three color modes: Fluorescein Angiography, Color, and Red-Free. The camera can take full field images with a pupil diameter as small as Ø 5.2mm in mydriatic mode and down to Ø 4.3mm in SP Mode using an 18 megapixel Canon EOS 60D digital camera.
- CR-2 PLUS AF Digital Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera: The Canon CR-2 PLUS AF Digital Retinal Camera is designed to help you consistently capture and analyze truly outstanding images—quickly, efficiently, and automatically. Designed for use with a dedicated Canon EOS digital SLR camera for retina, advanced CMOS image-capture technology and special image processing for ophthalmic imaging, the CR-2 PLUS AF camera provides advanced features specifically designed to enhance, capture and analyze important fundus images. The camera comes ready for Color and Fundus Autofluorescence imaging and when coupled with the imageSPECTRUM software digital filters such as Red, Green, and Blue can be applied to images. The camera also comes with an Anterior Segment mode for added functionality.
- CR-2 Digital Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera: The CR-2 Camera is an extremely compact digital non-mydriatic retinal camera with 45° field angle. The camera uses a customized 18 megapixel digital camera incorporating Canon EOS technology and special image processing for ophthalmic imaging. Special digital RGB filters from imageSPECTRUM can be used to provide an enhanced view of the retina at the RFL, ganglion and choroid. White LED lamp, instead of a flash tube lamp, provides for an extremely soft, patient-friendly flash and lasts approximately twice as long as a Xenon tube, which can help to reduce maintenance costs.
- RK-F2 Full Auto Ref-Keratometer: Using the Full Auto mode, the RK-F2 refractor and keratometer automatically aligns and acquires a reading for one eye and then continues to the opposite eye to perform the same function—all with one touch of a button. The RK-F2 has a compact footprint that is coupled with an omnidirectional joystick, 5.7 inch color LCD monitor, and built-in printer. The RK-F2 helps accelerate the exam process by providing extremely fast and accurate measurements, making it an ideal complement to the ophthalmic suite. It also has a wide measurement range, does peripheral corneal measurements and can handle small pupils easily.
- TX-20 Full Auto Tonometer: The TX-20 is a fully automatic, non-contact tonometer that uses a soft puff of air to help quickly and accurately provide sequential eye readings at the touch of one button. Visual reliability indicators, motorized joystick, built-in printer, LAN and RS-232C output are all included in a small compact design that can quickly become an indispensable device for any office.
- PTS 1000 Automated Perimeter: The PTS 1000 Automated Perimeter is a modern diagnostic instrument that provides quick and precise screening and thresholding for just about all automated perimetry needs. The PTS 1000 offers static and kinetic stimuli with standard Goldmann illumination, stimuli sizes and stimuli colors used in perimetry. A wide range of strategies and analysis tools is combined with an intuitive interface to give ophthalmologists a powerful and affordable diagnostic tool.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $40 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2012† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2013. In 2013, Canon U.S.A. received the PCMag.com Readers’ Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the tenth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past three years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company’s RSS feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @canonUSA.
For more information about Canon ophthalmic devices and solutions, please go to www.usa.canon.com/eye-care.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
1 Windows is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United Stated and/or other countries.
2 DICOM is a registered trademark of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association for its standard publications retailing to digital communications of medical information.
All other referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
For organizations that have amassed large sums of software complexity, taking a microservices approach is the first step toward DevOps and continuous improvement / development. Integrating system-level analysis with microservices makes it easier to change and add functionality to applications at any time without the increase of risk. Before you start big transformation projects or a cloud migration, make sure these changes won’t take down your entire organization.
Mar. 25, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,544
My team embarked on building a data lake for our sales and marketing data to better understand customer journeys. This required building a hybrid data pipeline to connect our cloud CRM with the new Hadoop Data Lake. One challenge is that IT was not in a position to provide support until we proved value and marketing did not have the experience, so we embarked on the journey ourselves within the product marketing team for our line of business within Progress. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Sum...
Mar. 25, 2017 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,743
Apache Hadoop is emerging as a distributed platform for handling large and fast incoming streams of data. Predictive maintenance, supply chain optimization, and Internet-of-Things analysis are examples where Hadoop provides the scalable storage, processing, and analytics platform to gain meaningful insights from granular data that is typically only valuable from a large-scale, aggregate view. One architecture useful for capturing and analyzing streaming data is the Lambda Architecture, represent...
Mar. 25, 2017 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 5,919
Things are changing so quickly in IoT that it would take a wizard to predict which ecosystem will gain the most traction. In order for IoT to reach its potential, smart devices must be able to work together. Today, there are a slew of interoperability standards being promoted by big names to make this happen: HomeKit, Brillo and Alljoyn. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Adam Justice, vice president and general manager of Grid Connect, will review what happens when smart devices don’t work togethe...
Mar. 25, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,557
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ocean9will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Ocean9 provides cloud services for Backup, Disaster Recovery (DRaaS) and instant Innovation, and redefines enterprise infrastructure with its cloud native subscription offerings for mission critical SAP workloads.
Mar. 25, 2017 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,924
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Lachapelle, CEO of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), will provide an overview of various initiatives to certifiy the security of connected devices and future trends in ensuring public trust of IoT. Eric Lachapelle is the Chief Executive Officer of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), an international certification body. His role is to help companies and individuals to achieve professional, accredited and worldw...
Mar. 25, 2017 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 489
Adding public cloud resources to an existing application can be a daunting process. The tools that you currently use to manage the software and hardware outside the cloud aren’t always the best tools to efficiently grow into the cloud. All of the major configuration management tools have cloud orchestration plugins that can be leveraged, but there are also cloud-native tools that can dramatically improve the efficiency of managing your application lifecycle.
Mar. 25, 2017 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,826
Providing the needed data for application development and testing is a huge headache for most organizations. The problems are often the same across companies - speed, quality, cost, and control. Provisioning data can take days or weeks, every time a refresh is required. Using dummy data leads to quality problems. Creating physical copies of large data sets and sending them to distributed teams of developers eats up expensive storage and bandwidth resources. And, all of these copies proliferating...
Mar. 25, 2017 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 6,435
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Mar. 25, 2017 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,715
SYS-CON Events announced today that Technologic Systems Inc., an embedded systems solutions company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Technologic Systems is an embedded systems company with headquarters in Fountain Hills, Arizona. They have been in business for 32 years, helping more than 8,000 OEM customers and building over a hundred COTS products that have never been discontinued. Technologic Systems’ pr...
Mar. 25, 2017 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,282
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Mar. 25, 2017 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,703
The taxi industry never saw Uber coming. Startups are a threat to incumbents like never before, and a major enabler for startups is that they are instantly “cloud ready.” If innovation moves at the pace of IT, then your company is in trouble. Why? Because your data center will not keep up with frenetic pace AWS, Microsoft and Google are rolling out new capabilities In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Don Browning, VP of Cloud Architecture at Turner, will posit that disruption is inevitable for c...
Mar. 25, 2017 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,037
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudistics, an on-premises cloud computing company, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloudistics delivers a complete public cloud experience with composable on-premises infrastructures to medium and large enterprises. Its software-defined technology natively converges network, storage, compute, virtualization, and management into a ...
Mar. 25, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,873
Deep learning has been very successful in social sciences and specially areas where there is a lot of data. Trading is another field that can be viewed as social science with a lot of data. With the advent of Deep Learning and Big Data technologies for efficient computation, we are finally able to use the same methods in investment management as we would in face recognition or in making chat-bots. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Gaurav Chakravorty, co-founder and Head of Strategy Development ...
Mar. 25, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,477
SYS-CON Events announced today that Loom Systems will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Founded in 2015, Loom Systems delivers an advanced AI solution to predict and prevent problems in the digital business. Loom stands alone in the industry as an AI analysis platform requiring no prior math knowledge from operators, leveraging the existing staff to succeed in the digital era. With offices in S...
Mar. 25, 2017 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,168