|By Business Wire||
|November 15, 2013 04:15 PM EST||
Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, will showcase its latest eye care technologies, including its new imageSPECTRUM (v5.0) Image Management System software, during the 2013 Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO), November 15-19, at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans. Visitors to Canon booth #3028 will be able to view demonstrations of the latest Canon eye care products, including the latest version of imageSPECTRUM Image Management System software (v5.0) (2014 Healthcare Reform-ready) linked to its current line of mydriatic and non-mydriatic retinal cameras, and to its full auto refractor/keratometer, full auto tonometer, and automated perimeter.
Available now, the Canon imageSPECTRUM Image Management System software (v5.0) is designed to help healthcare practitioners enhance their patient and image management workflow and can assist with their HIPAA/HITECH compliance efforts.
This state-of-the-art solution allows any size ophthalmology practice using Windows®71 to capture images and instantaneously query, retrieve and view completed studies from a single database - whether in the next room or across the country. imageSPECTRUM software is fully DICOM2-compliant for increased interoperability. This latest version of imageSPECTRUM software is designed with data portability and security in mind. It also comes ready to communicate with most EMR systems. Additionally, it features integrated state-of-the-art password protection and file encryption systems, multi-level user access system security tools, data integrity, extensive audit logging and a complete data archival, redundancy and disaster recovery protection system, which can greatly assist ophthalmologists in complying with HIPAA/HITECH requirements.
AAO Annual Meeting attendees will have the opportunity to see the Company’s full line of integrated Eye Care solutions including:
- CX-1 Hybrid Digital Mydriatic/Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera: The CX-1 Camera is a fully digital hybrid retinal camera system. Being a hybrid system, the camera offers the flexibility of being used as a mydriatic camera, or as a non-mydriatic camera. Users may take Color, Red-Free, Cobalt, Fundus Autofluorescence images or perform a Fluorescein Angiography study in either of the camera modes. The CX-1 Camera integrates a dedicated Canon EOS digital SLR camera for retina with a high sensitivity CMOS image sensor that achieves ultra-high resolution images with superb detail, contrast and color fidelity. The built-in non-mydriatic mode not only helps saves time and resources, but also makes the diagnostic procedure more comfortable for patients with pupils smaller than 3.8 mm.
- CF-1 Digital Mydriatic Retinal Camera: The CF-1 Mydriatic Camera is a versatile 50° retinal camera with three color modes: Fluorescein Angiography, Color, and Red-Free. The camera can take full field images with a pupil diameter as small as Ø 5.2mm in mydriatic mode and down to Ø 4.3mm in SP Mode using an 18 megapixel Canon EOS 60D digital camera.
- CR-2 PLUS AF Digital Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera: The Canon CR-2 PLUS AF Digital Retinal Camera is designed to help you consistently capture and analyze truly outstanding images—quickly, efficiently, and automatically. Designed for use with a dedicated Canon EOS digital SLR camera for retina, advanced CMOS image-capture technology and special image processing for ophthalmic imaging, the CR-2 PLUS AF camera provides advanced features specifically designed to enhance, capture and analyze important fundus images. The camera comes ready for Color and Fundus Autofluorescence imaging and when coupled with the imageSPECTRUM software digital filters such as Red, Green, and Blue can be applied to images. The camera also comes with an Anterior Segment mode for added functionality.
- CR-2 Digital Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera: The CR-2 Camera is an extremely compact digital non-mydriatic retinal camera with 45° field angle. The camera uses a customized 18 megapixel digital camera incorporating Canon EOS technology and special image processing for ophthalmic imaging. Special digital RGB filters from imageSPECTRUM can be used to provide an enhanced view of the retina at the RFL, ganglion and choroid. White LED lamp, instead of a flash tube lamp, provides for an extremely soft, patient-friendly flash and lasts approximately twice as long as a Xenon tube, which can help to reduce maintenance costs.
- RK-F2 Full Auto Ref-Keratometer: Using the Full Auto mode, the RK-F2 refractor and keratometer automatically aligns and acquires a reading for one eye and then continues to the opposite eye to perform the same function—all with one touch of a button. The RK-F2 has a compact footprint that is coupled with an omnidirectional joystick, 5.7 inch color LCD monitor, and built-in printer. The RK-F2 helps accelerate the exam process by providing extremely fast and accurate measurements, making it an ideal complement to the ophthalmic suite. It also has a wide measurement range, does peripheral corneal measurements and can handle small pupils easily.
- TX-20 Full Auto Tonometer: The TX-20 is a fully automatic, non-contact tonometer that uses a soft puff of air to help quickly and accurately provide sequential eye readings at the touch of one button. Visual reliability indicators, motorized joystick, built-in printer, LAN and RS-232C output are all included in a small compact design that can quickly become an indispensable device for any office.
- PTS 1000 Automated Perimeter: The PTS 1000 Automated Perimeter is a modern diagnostic instrument that provides quick and precise screening and thresholding for just about all automated perimetry needs. The PTS 1000 offers static and kinetic stimuli with standard Goldmann illumination, stimuli sizes and stimuli colors used in perimetry. A wide range of strategies and analysis tools is combined with an intuitive interface to give ophthalmologists a powerful and affordable diagnostic tool.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $40 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2012† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2013. In 2013, Canon U.S.A. received the PCMag.com Readers’ Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the tenth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past three years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company’s RSS feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @canonUSA.
For more information about Canon ophthalmic devices and solutions, please go to www.usa.canon.com/eye-care.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
1 Windows is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United Stated and/or other countries.
2 DICOM is a registered trademark of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association for its standard publications retailing to digital communications of medical information.
All other referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
One of the bewildering things about DevOps is integrating the massive toolchain including the dozens of new tools that seem to crop up every year. Part of DevOps is Continuous Delivery and having a complex toolchain can add additional integration and setup to your developer environment. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Miko Matsumura, Chief Marketing Officer of Gradle Inc., will discuss which tools to use in a developer stack, how to provision the toolchain to minimize onboa...
Feb. 8, 2016 07:45 AM EST
As someone who has been dedicated to automation and Application Release Automation (ARA) technology for almost six years now, one of the most common questions I get asked regards Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). Specifically, people want to know whether release automation is still needed when a PaaS is in place, and why. Isn't that what a PaaS provides? A solution to the deployment and runtime challenges of an application? Why would anyone using a PaaS then need an automation engine with workflow ...
Feb. 8, 2016 07:00 AM EST Reads: 130
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
Feb. 7, 2016 06:45 PM EST Reads: 143
Father business cycles and digital consumers are forcing enterprises to respond faster to customer needs and competitive demands. Successful integration of DevOps and Agile development will be key for business success in today’s digital economy. In his session at DevOps Summit, Pradeep Prabhu, Co-Founder & CEO of Cloudmunch, covered the critical practices that enterprises should consider to seamlessly integrate Agile and DevOps processes, barriers to implementing this in the enterprise, and pr...
Feb. 7, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 321
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Feb. 7, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 192
The principles behind DevOps are not new - for decades people have been automating system administration and decreasing the time to deploy apps and perform other management tasks. However, only recently did we see the tools and the will necessary to share the benefits and power of automation with a wider circle of people. In his session at DevOps Summit, Bernard Sanders, Chief Technology Officer at CloudBolt Software, explored the latest tools including Puppet, Chef, Docker, and CMPs needed to...
Feb. 7, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 266
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 7, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 376
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, will provide an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profes...
Feb. 7, 2016 02:45 PM EST Reads: 144
SYS-CON Events announced today that VAI, a leading ERP software provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. VAI (Vormittag Associates, Inc.) is a leading independent mid-market ERP software developer renowned for its flexible solutions and ability to automate critical business functions for the distribution, manufacturing, specialty retail and service sectors. An IBM Premier Business Part...
Feb. 7, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 562
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Feb. 7, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 365
Fortunately, meaningful and tangible business cases for IoT are plentiful in a broad array of industries and vertical markets. These range from simple warranty cost reduction for capital intensive assets, to minimizing downtime for vital business tools, to creating feedback loops improving product design, to improving and enhancing enterprise customer experiences. All of these business cases, which will be briefly explored in this session, hinge on cost effectively extracting relevant data from ...
Feb. 7, 2016 01:30 PM EST
In most cases, it is convenient to have some human interaction with a web (micro-)service, no matter how small it is. A traditional approach would be to create an HTTP interface, where user requests will be dispatched and HTML/CSS pages must be served. This approach is indeed very traditional for a web site, but not really convenient for a web service, which is not intended to be good looking, 24x7 up and running and UX-optimized. Instead, talking to a web service in a chat-bot mode would be muc...
Feb. 7, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 190
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed...
Feb. 7, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 334
It's easy to assume that your app will run on a fast and reliable network. The reality for your app's users, though, is often a slow, unreliable network with spotty coverage. What happens when the network doesn't work, or when the device is in airplane mode? You get unhappy, frustrated users. An offline-first app is an app that works, without error, when there is no network connection.
Feb. 7, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 160
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Feb. 7, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 347