|By Marketwired .||
|December 17, 2013 07:01 PM EST||
LONDON, ENGLAND -- (Marketwired) -- 12/17/13 -- With the Christmas and New Year festive season coming up, many people are considering their holiday plans for 2014. December is a great time of year to beat the Winter Blues, and it's also the time of year when some fantastic deals on luxury holidays can be found. There's nothing more relaxing than luxuriating in the comfort of one's own home, but it's also a good time of year to travel and see the amazing sights the world's top destinations have to offer.
The pressure of hectic lifestyles is taking its toll on many Brits. 'Too much work and not enough play' is an apt adage for the way many spend their lives. The Ultimate Travel Company, winners of the much acclaimed travel industry Best for Luxury award in October this year, have compiled a list of The Top 10 Most Luxurious Cities to inspire Brits to reverse the trend and take a well-earned holiday. Any one of the destinations are ideal for a globe-trotting holidaymaker looking for luxury.
The Ultimate Travel Company offers short breaks along with travel to far away places to ease the stresses and strains of everyday living. Any one of them is a great way to re-charge people's batteries and give them the impetus to look forward to 2014 and the challenges it may hold.
According to the Ultimate Travel Company, these are the 10 most luxurious cities in the world:
1. One of the world's largest cities, the beautiful Turkish city of Istanbul is the gateway to a country filled with ancient history and culture. It's home to artefacts dating back thousands of years, churches and cathedrals from the early Christian period, and so much more exotic sights and sounds.
2. The Indian city of Mumbai, once called Bombay, is one of the most exciting places to visit in Asia. It is India's cultural hub, and the Art Deco style homes located on Marine Drive are second only to those found in Miami. The lush greenery of the Mumbai City Zoo alone is worth the visit.
3. Combining the cultures of Italy, Spain, France, and Germany with those of Latin America, the capital of Argentina is the place to be. The food alone is famous around the world, but the city is known as the best place to watch traditional Tango dancers perform their elegant dance.
4. For those looking for a city where anything can be done, Cape Town in South Africa is the ultimate destination. Water sport lovers will be right at home, while wine enthusiasts will love the wine country tours, featuring some of the best vineyards in the world.
5. The Moroccan city of Marrakesh is not only one of the most historical sites in Northern Africa, but also one of the most exotic. Visitors can spend their days getting pampered in a massage parlour or hammam. They can also see The Souks, some of the largest open air markets in the world.
6. St Petersburg is a world-class destination, and a high-end one at that! The breath-taking views of the city (built by Peter the Great) are what attracts most visitors, many of whom travel there just to gaze at the bridges, buildings, and palaces. However, no visit to the city is complete without a night at the world-famous ballet or opera.
7. As the largest city in Brazil, Sao Paulo is a hugely popular destination for tourists from around the world. With sunny beaches, football games, tours of the historic parts of the city, and the yearly Carnival event, it's a place for everyone to check off their bucket list.
8. The largest city in China has long since held the rank of "The Most Prosperous City in the East", and Shanghai's luxurious sights and sounds reinforce just how much wealth flows through this concrete jungle on a daily basis. With a visit to Yuyuan Gardens, Shanghai Museum, and the Jade Buddha Temple, visitors to the city can get an idea of the rich culture of both ancient and modern China.
9. For a high-tech holiday, Tokyo is the place to go. The Shinjuku area is home to some of the most advanced electronics in the world, while those looking to enjoy the beauty of nature must visit during Golden Week (Easter week) when the sakura (cherry blossom) trees are in full bloom.
10. Paris has been a world-class destination for centuries, and it is home to a wealth of European culture and history. Visitors have to stop at the Arc de Triomphe, the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, and the Musee d'Orsay, or stroll through the luxurious shops for which the Capital of Fashion is known.
These are considered to be the most luxurious cities in the world by The Ultimate Travel Company. Anyone planning a luxury holiday should consider visiting at least one of these world-class destinations in 2014.
For further information:
Call the team on: +44 (020) 3627 1887
SYS-CON Events announced today that G2G3 will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based on a collective appreciation for user experience, design, and technology, G2G3 is uniquely qualified and motivated to redefine how organizations and people engage in an increasingly digital world.
Oct. 6, 2015 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 350
SYS-CON Events announced today that IBM Cloud Data Services has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IBM Cloud Data Services offers a portfolio of integrated, best-of-breed cloud data services for developers focused on mobile computing and analytics use cases.
Oct. 6, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 645
Recently announced Azure Data Lake addresses the big data 3V challenges; volume, velocity and variety. It is one more storage feature in addition to blobs and SQL Azure database. Azure Data Lake (should have been Azure Data Ocean IMHO) is really omnipotent. Just look at the key capabilities of Azure Data Lake:
Oct. 6, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 234
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, Chief Architect at CTS, will explore the synergy of Big Data and IoT. First he will take a closer look at the Internet of Things and Big Data individually, in terms of what, which, why, where, when, who, how and how much. Then he will explore the relationship between IoT and Big Data. Specifically, he will drill down to how the 4Vs aspects intersect with IoT: Volume, Variety, Velocity and Value. In turn, Tony will analyze how the key components of IoT ...
Oct. 6, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 311
When it comes to IoT in the enterprise, namely the commercial building and hospitality markets, a benefit not getting the attention it deserves is energy efficiency, and IoT’s direct impact on a cleaner, greener environment when installed in smart buildings. Until now clean technology was offered piecemeal and led with point solutions that require significant systems integration to orchestrate and deploy. There didn't exist a 'top down' approach that can manage and monitor the way a Smart Buildi...
Oct. 6, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 254
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloud Raxak has been named “Media & Session Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Raxak Protect automates security compliance across private and public clouds. Using the SaaS tool or managed service, developers can deploy cloud apps quickly, cost-effectively, and without error.
Oct. 6, 2015 04:40 PM EDT
As-a-service models offer huge opportunities, but also complicate security. It may seem that the easiest way to migrate to a new architectural model is to let others, experts in their field, do the work. This has given rise to many as-a-service models throughout the industry and across the entire technology stack, from software to infrastructure. While this has unlocked huge opportunities to accelerate the deployment of new capabilities or increase economic efficiencies within an organization, i...
Oct. 6, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 120
“All our customers are looking at the cloud ecosystem as an important part of their overall product strategy. Some see it evolve as a multi-cloud / hybrid cloud strategy, while others are embracing all forms of cloud offerings like PaaS, IaaS and SaaS in their solutions,” noted Suhas Joshi, Vice President – Technology, at Harbinger Group, in this exclusive Q&A with Cloud Expo Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff.
Oct. 6, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 370
Scott Guthrie's keynote presentation "Journey to the intelligent cloud" is a must view video. This is from AzureCon 2015, September 29, 2015 I have reproduced some screen shots in case you are unable to view this long video for one reason or another. One of the highlights is 3 datacenters coming on line in India.
Oct. 6, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 228
SYS-CON Events announced today that ProfitBricks, the provider of painless cloud infrastructure, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ProfitBricks is the IaaS provider that offers a painless cloud experience for all IT users, with no learning curve. ProfitBricks boasts flexible cloud servers and networking, an integrated Data Center Designer tool for visual control over the...
Oct. 6, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 739
“The Internet of Things transforms the way organizations leverage machine data and gain insights from it,” noted Splunk’s CTO Snehal Antani, as Splunk announced accelerated momentum in Industrial Data and the IoT. The trend is driven by Splunk’s continued investment in its products and partner ecosystem as well as the creativity of customers and the flexibility to deploy Splunk IoT solutions as software, cloud services or in a hybrid environment. Customers are using Splunk® solutions to collect ...
Oct. 6, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 580
You have your devices and your data, but what about the rest of your Internet of Things story? Two popular classes of technologies that nicely handle the Big Data analytics for Internet of Things are Apache Hadoop and NoSQL. Hadoop is designed for parallelizing analytical work across many servers and is ideal for the massive data volumes you create with IoT devices. NoSQL databases such as Apache HBase are ideal for storing and retrieving IoT data as “time series data.”
Oct. 6, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 458
Clearly the way forward is to move to cloud be it bare metal, VMs or containers. One aspect of the current public clouds that is slowing this cloud migration is cloud lock-in. Every cloud vendor is trying to make it very difficult to move out once a customer has chosen their cloud. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Naveen Nimmu, CEO of Clouber, Inc., will advocate that making the inter-cloud migration as simple as changing airlines would help the entire industry to quickly adopt the cloud wit...
Oct. 6, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 585
As the world moves towards more DevOps and microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Raghavan "Rags" Srinivas, an Architect/Developer Evangeli...
Oct. 6, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 111
DevOps is gaining traction in the federal government – and for good reasons. Heightened user expectations are pushing IT organizations to accelerate application development and support more innovation. At the same time, budgetary constraints require that agencies find ways to decrease the cost of developing, maintaining, and running applications. IT now faces a daunting task: do more and react faster than ever before – all with fewer resources.
Oct. 6, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 339