|By Marketwired .||
|December 17, 2013 07:01 PM EST||
LONDON, ENGLAND -- (Marketwired) -- 12/17/13 -- With the Christmas and New Year festive season coming up, many people are considering their holiday plans for 2014. December is a great time of year to beat the Winter Blues, and it's also the time of year when some fantastic deals on luxury holidays can be found. There's nothing more relaxing than luxuriating in the comfort of one's own home, but it's also a good time of year to travel and see the amazing sights the world's top destinations have to offer.
The pressure of hectic lifestyles is taking its toll on many Brits. 'Too much work and not enough play' is an apt adage for the way many spend their lives. The Ultimate Travel Company, winners of the much acclaimed travel industry Best for Luxury award in October this year, have compiled a list of The Top 10 Most Luxurious Cities to inspire Brits to reverse the trend and take a well-earned holiday. Any one of the destinations are ideal for a globe-trotting holidaymaker looking for luxury.
The Ultimate Travel Company offers short breaks along with travel to far away places to ease the stresses and strains of everyday living. Any one of them is a great way to re-charge people's batteries and give them the impetus to look forward to 2014 and the challenges it may hold.
According to the Ultimate Travel Company, these are the 10 most luxurious cities in the world:
1. One of the world's largest cities, the beautiful Turkish city of Istanbul is the gateway to a country filled with ancient history and culture. It's home to artefacts dating back thousands of years, churches and cathedrals from the early Christian period, and so much more exotic sights and sounds.
2. The Indian city of Mumbai, once called Bombay, is one of the most exciting places to visit in Asia. It is India's cultural hub, and the Art Deco style homes located on Marine Drive are second only to those found in Miami. The lush greenery of the Mumbai City Zoo alone is worth the visit.
3. Combining the cultures of Italy, Spain, France, and Germany with those of Latin America, the capital of Argentina is the place to be. The food alone is famous around the world, but the city is known as the best place to watch traditional Tango dancers perform their elegant dance.
4. For those looking for a city where anything can be done, Cape Town in South Africa is the ultimate destination. Water sport lovers will be right at home, while wine enthusiasts will love the wine country tours, featuring some of the best vineyards in the world.
5. The Moroccan city of Marrakesh is not only one of the most historical sites in Northern Africa, but also one of the most exotic. Visitors can spend their days getting pampered in a massage parlour or hammam. They can also see The Souks, some of the largest open air markets in the world.
6. St Petersburg is a world-class destination, and a high-end one at that! The breath-taking views of the city (built by Peter the Great) are what attracts most visitors, many of whom travel there just to gaze at the bridges, buildings, and palaces. However, no visit to the city is complete without a night at the world-famous ballet or opera.
7. As the largest city in Brazil, Sao Paulo is a hugely popular destination for tourists from around the world. With sunny beaches, football games, tours of the historic parts of the city, and the yearly Carnival event, it's a place for everyone to check off their bucket list.
8. The largest city in China has long since held the rank of "The Most Prosperous City in the East", and Shanghai's luxurious sights and sounds reinforce just how much wealth flows through this concrete jungle on a daily basis. With a visit to Yuyuan Gardens, Shanghai Museum, and the Jade Buddha Temple, visitors to the city can get an idea of the rich culture of both ancient and modern China.
9. For a high-tech holiday, Tokyo is the place to go. The Shinjuku area is home to some of the most advanced electronics in the world, while those looking to enjoy the beauty of nature must visit during Golden Week (Easter week) when the sakura (cherry blossom) trees are in full bloom.
10. Paris has been a world-class destination for centuries, and it is home to a wealth of European culture and history. Visitors have to stop at the Arc de Triomphe, the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, and the Musee d'Orsay, or stroll through the luxurious shops for which the Capital of Fashion is known.
These are considered to be the most luxurious cities in the world by The Ultimate Travel Company. Anyone planning a luxury holiday should consider visiting at least one of these world-class destinations in 2014.
For further information:
Call the team on: +44 (020) 3627 1887
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Apr. 29, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 294
The IoT has the potential to create a renaissance of manufacturing in the US and elsewhere. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Florent Solt, CTO and chief architect of Netvibes, will discuss how the expected exponential increase in the amount of data that will be processed, transported, stored, and accessed means there will be a huge demand for smart technologies to deliver it. Florent Solt is the CTO and chief architect of Netvibes. Prior to joining Netvibes in 2007, he co-founded Rift Technol...
Apr. 29, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,532
If there is anything we have learned by now, is that every business paves their own unique path for releasing software- every pipeline, implementation and practices are a bit different, and DevOps comes in all shapes and sizes. Software delivery practices are often comprised of set of several complementing (or even competing) methodologies – such as leveraging Agile, DevOps and even a mix of ITIL, to create the combination that’s most suitable for your organization and that maximize your busines...
Apr. 29, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,745
New Relic, Inc. has announced a set of new features across the New Relic Software Analytics Cloud that offer IT operations teams increased visibility, and the ability to diagnose and resolve performance problems quickly. The new features further IT operations teams’ ability to leverage data and analytics, as well as drive collaboration and a common, shared understanding between teams. Software teams are under pressure to resolve performance issues quickly and improve availability, as the comple...
Apr. 29, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,401
The proper isolation of resources is essential for multi-tenant environments. The traditional approach to isolate resources is, however, rather heavyweight. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Igor Drobiazko, co-founder of elastic.io, will draw upon their own experience with operating a Docker container-based infrastructure on a large scale and present a lightweight solution for resource isolation using microservices. He will also discuss the implementation of microservices in data and applicat...
Apr. 29, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,693
Join IBM June 8 at 18th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and learn how to innovate like a startup and scale for the enterprise. You need to deliver quality applications faster and cheaper, attract and retain customers with an engaging experience across devices, and seamlessly integrate your enterprise systems. And you can't take 12 months to do it.
Apr. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,775
See storage differently! Storage performance problems have only gotten worse and harder to solve as applications have become largely virtualized and moved to a cloud-based infrastructure. Storage performance in a virtualized environment is not just about IOPS, it is about how well that potential performance is guaranteed to individual VMs for these apps as the number of VMs keep going up real time. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in product and marketing at Tintri, will discu...
Apr. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 633
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, will discuss how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to im...
Apr. 29, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,606
This is not a small hotel event. It is also not a big vendor party where politicians and entertainers are more important than real content. This is Cloud Expo, the world's longest-running conference and exhibition focused on Cloud Computing and all that it entails. If you want serious presentations and valuable insight about Cloud Computing for three straight days, then register now for Cloud Expo.
Apr. 29, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,666
As you respond to increasing requests for new analytics, you need fast and flexible technology in your arsenal so that you can deploy the right workload to the right platform for the need at hand. Do you need self-service and fast time to value? Do you have data and application control and privacy needs, along with strict SLAs to meet? IBM dashDB™ is data warehouse technology powered by in-memory computing and in-database analytics that are designed for fast results, scalability and more.
Apr. 29, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,546
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Apr. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 856
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 866
Up until last year, enterprises that were looking into cloud services usually undertook a long-term pilot with one of the large cloud providers, running test and dev workloads in the cloud. With cloud’s transition to mainstream adoption in 2015, and with enterprises migrating more and more workloads into the cloud and in between public and private environments, the single-provider approach must be revisited. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yoav Mor, multi-cloud solution evangelist at Cloudy...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,407
IoT device adoption is growing at staggering rates, and with it comes opportunity for developers to meet consumer demand for an ever more connected world. Wireless communication is the key part of the encompassing components of any IoT device. Wireless connectivity enhances the device utility at the expense of ease of use and deployment challenges. Since connectivity is fundamental for IoT device development, engineers must understand how to overcome the hurdles inherent in incorporating multipl...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,413