|By Marketwired .||
|December 17, 2013 07:01 PM EST||
LONDON, ENGLAND -- (Marketwired) -- 12/17/13 -- With the Christmas and New Year festive season coming up, many people are considering their holiday plans for 2014. December is a great time of year to beat the Winter Blues, and it's also the time of year when some fantastic deals on luxury holidays can be found. There's nothing more relaxing than luxuriating in the comfort of one's own home, but it's also a good time of year to travel and see the amazing sights the world's top destinations have to offer.
The pressure of hectic lifestyles is taking its toll on many Brits. 'Too much work and not enough play' is an apt adage for the way many spend their lives. The Ultimate Travel Company, winners of the much acclaimed travel industry Best for Luxury award in October this year, have compiled a list of The Top 10 Most Luxurious Cities to inspire Brits to reverse the trend and take a well-earned holiday. Any one of the destinations are ideal for a globe-trotting holidaymaker looking for luxury.
The Ultimate Travel Company offers short breaks along with travel to far away places to ease the stresses and strains of everyday living. Any one of them is a great way to re-charge people's batteries and give them the impetus to look forward to 2014 and the challenges it may hold.
According to the Ultimate Travel Company, these are the 10 most luxurious cities in the world:
1. One of the world's largest cities, the beautiful Turkish city of Istanbul is the gateway to a country filled with ancient history and culture. It's home to artefacts dating back thousands of years, churches and cathedrals from the early Christian period, and so much more exotic sights and sounds.
2. The Indian city of Mumbai, once called Bombay, is one of the most exciting places to visit in Asia. It is India's cultural hub, and the Art Deco style homes located on Marine Drive are second only to those found in Miami. The lush greenery of the Mumbai City Zoo alone is worth the visit.
3. Combining the cultures of Italy, Spain, France, and Germany with those of Latin America, the capital of Argentina is the place to be. The food alone is famous around the world, but the city is known as the best place to watch traditional Tango dancers perform their elegant dance.
4. For those looking for a city where anything can be done, Cape Town in South Africa is the ultimate destination. Water sport lovers will be right at home, while wine enthusiasts will love the wine country tours, featuring some of the best vineyards in the world.
5. The Moroccan city of Marrakesh is not only one of the most historical sites in Northern Africa, but also one of the most exotic. Visitors can spend their days getting pampered in a massage parlour or hammam. They can also see The Souks, some of the largest open air markets in the world.
6. St Petersburg is a world-class destination, and a high-end one at that! The breath-taking views of the city (built by Peter the Great) are what attracts most visitors, many of whom travel there just to gaze at the bridges, buildings, and palaces. However, no visit to the city is complete without a night at the world-famous ballet or opera.
7. As the largest city in Brazil, Sao Paulo is a hugely popular destination for tourists from around the world. With sunny beaches, football games, tours of the historic parts of the city, and the yearly Carnival event, it's a place for everyone to check off their bucket list.
8. The largest city in China has long since held the rank of "The Most Prosperous City in the East", and Shanghai's luxurious sights and sounds reinforce just how much wealth flows through this concrete jungle on a daily basis. With a visit to Yuyuan Gardens, Shanghai Museum, and the Jade Buddha Temple, visitors to the city can get an idea of the rich culture of both ancient and modern China.
9. For a high-tech holiday, Tokyo is the place to go. The Shinjuku area is home to some of the most advanced electronics in the world, while those looking to enjoy the beauty of nature must visit during Golden Week (Easter week) when the sakura (cherry blossom) trees are in full bloom.
10. Paris has been a world-class destination for centuries, and it is home to a wealth of European culture and history. Visitors have to stop at the Arc de Triomphe, the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, and the Musee d'Orsay, or stroll through the luxurious shops for which the Capital of Fashion is known.
These are considered to be the most luxurious cities in the world by The Ultimate Travel Company. Anyone planning a luxury holiday should consider visiting at least one of these world-class destinations in 2014.
For further information:
Call the team on: +44 (020) 3627 1887
Containers are not new, but renewed commitments to performance, flexibility, and agility have propelled them to the top of the agenda today. By working without the need for virtualization and its overhead, containers are seen as the perfect way to deploy apps and services across multiple clouds. Containers can handle anything from file types to operating systems and services, including microservices. What are microservices? Unlike what the name implies, microservices are not necessarily small,...
Sep. 3, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 147
Skeuomorphism usually means retaining existing design cues in something new that doesn’t actually need them. However, the concept of skeuomorphism can be thought of as relating more broadly to applying existing patterns to new technologies that, in fact, cry out for new approaches. In his session at DevOps Summit, Gordon Haff, Senior Cloud Strategy Marketing and Evangelism Manager at Red Hat, discussed why containers should be paired with new architectural practices such as microservices rathe...
Sep. 3, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 429
ElasticBox, the agile application delivery manager, announced freely available public boxes for the DevOps community. ElasticBox works with enterprises to help them deploy any application to any cloud. Public boxes are curated reference boxes that represent some of the most popular applications and tools for orchestrating deployments at scale. Boxes are an adaptive way to represent reusable infrastructure as components of code. Boxes contain scripts, variables, and metadata to automate proces...
Sep. 3, 2015 07:30 PM EDT
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo, November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and e...
Sep. 3, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 122
Puppet Labs is pleased to share the findings from our 2015 State of DevOps Survey. We have deepened our understanding of how DevOps enables IT performance and organizational performance, based on responses from more than 20,000 technical professionals we’ve surveyed over the past four years. The 2015 State of DevOps Report reveals high-performing IT organizations deploy 30x more frequently with 200x shorter lead times. They have 60x fewer failures and recover 168x faster
Sep. 3, 2015 07:15 PM EDT
To support developers and operations professionals in their push to implement DevOps principles for their infrastructure environments, ProfitBricks, a provider of cloud infrastructure, is adding support for DevOps tools Ansible and Chef. Ansible is a platform for configuring and managing data center infrastructure that combines multi-node software deployment, ad hoc task execution, and configuration management, and is used by DevOps professionals as they use its playbooks functionality to autom...
Sep. 3, 2015 07:15 PM EDT
This Enterprise Strategy Group lab validation report of the NEC Express5800/R320 server with Intel® Xeon® processor presents the benefits of 99.999% uptime NEC fault-tolerant servers that lower overall virtualized server total cost of ownership. This report also includes survey data on the significant costs associated with system outages impacting enterprise and web applications. Click Here to Download Report Now!
Sep. 3, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 360
It’s been proven time and time again that in tech, diversity drives greater innovation, better team productivity and greater profits and market share. So what can we do in our DevOps teams to embrace diversity and help transform the culture of development and operations into a true “DevOps” team? In her session at DevOps Summit, Stefana Muller, Director, Product Management – Continuous Delivery at CA Technologies, answered that question citing examples, showing how to create opportunities for ...
Sep. 3, 2015 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 531
SYS-CON Events announced today that G2G3 will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based on a collective appreciation for user experience, design, and technology, G2G3 is uniquely qualified and motivated to redefine how organizations and people engage in an increasingly digital world.
Sep. 3, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 543
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Sep. 3, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 428
Whether you like it or not, DevOps is on track for a remarkable alliance with security. The SEC didn’t approve the merger. And your boss hasn’t heard anything about it. Yet, this unruly triumvirate will soon dominate and deliver DevSecOps faster, cheaper, better, and on an unprecedented scale. In his session at DevOps Summit, Frank Bunger, VP of Customer Success at ScriptRock, will discuss how this cathartic moment will propel the DevOps movement from such stuff as dreams are made on to a prac...
Sep. 3, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 259
The 3rd International WebRTC Summit, to be held Nov. 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 15th International Cloud Expo, 6th International Big Data Expo, 3rd International DevOps Summit and 2nd Internet of @ThingsExpo. WebRTC (Web-based Real-Time Com...
Sep. 3, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,605
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of ...
Sep. 3, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 386
SYS-CON Events announced today that DataClear Inc. will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The DataClear ‘BlackBox’ is the only solution that moves your PC, browsing and data out of the United States and away from prying (and spying) eyes. Its solution automatically builds you a clean, on-demand, virus free, new virtual cloud based PC outside of the United States, and wipes it clean...
Sep. 3, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 479
In 2014, the market witnessed a massive migration to the cloud as enterprises finally overcame their fears of the cloud’s viability, security, etc. Over the past 18 months, AWS, Google and Microsoft have waged an ongoing battle through a wave of price cuts and new features. For IT executives, sorting through all the noise to make the best cloud investment decisions has become daunting. Enterprises can and are moving away from a "one size fits all" cloud approach. The new competitive field has ...
Sep. 3, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 174