|By Marketwired .||
|December 17, 2013 07:01 PM EST||
LONDON, ENGLAND -- (Marketwired) -- 12/17/13 -- With the Christmas and New Year festive season coming up, many people are considering their holiday plans for 2014. December is a great time of year to beat the Winter Blues, and it's also the time of year when some fantastic deals on luxury holidays can be found. There's nothing more relaxing than luxuriating in the comfort of one's own home, but it's also a good time of year to travel and see the amazing sights the world's top destinations have to offer.
The pressure of hectic lifestyles is taking its toll on many Brits. 'Too much work and not enough play' is an apt adage for the way many spend their lives. The Ultimate Travel Company, winners of the much acclaimed travel industry Best for Luxury award in October this year, have compiled a list of The Top 10 Most Luxurious Cities to inspire Brits to reverse the trend and take a well-earned holiday. Any one of the destinations are ideal for a globe-trotting holidaymaker looking for luxury.
The Ultimate Travel Company offers short breaks along with travel to far away places to ease the stresses and strains of everyday living. Any one of them is a great way to re-charge people's batteries and give them the impetus to look forward to 2014 and the challenges it may hold.
According to the Ultimate Travel Company, these are the 10 most luxurious cities in the world:
1. One of the world's largest cities, the beautiful Turkish city of Istanbul is the gateway to a country filled with ancient history and culture. It's home to artefacts dating back thousands of years, churches and cathedrals from the early Christian period, and so much more exotic sights and sounds.
2. The Indian city of Mumbai, once called Bombay, is one of the most exciting places to visit in Asia. It is India's cultural hub, and the Art Deco style homes located on Marine Drive are second only to those found in Miami. The lush greenery of the Mumbai City Zoo alone is worth the visit.
3. Combining the cultures of Italy, Spain, France, and Germany with those of Latin America, the capital of Argentina is the place to be. The food alone is famous around the world, but the city is known as the best place to watch traditional Tango dancers perform their elegant dance.
4. For those looking for a city where anything can be done, Cape Town in South Africa is the ultimate destination. Water sport lovers will be right at home, while wine enthusiasts will love the wine country tours, featuring some of the best vineyards in the world.
5. The Moroccan city of Marrakesh is not only one of the most historical sites in Northern Africa, but also one of the most exotic. Visitors can spend their days getting pampered in a massage parlour or hammam. They can also see The Souks, some of the largest open air markets in the world.
6. St Petersburg is a world-class destination, and a high-end one at that! The breath-taking views of the city (built by Peter the Great) are what attracts most visitors, many of whom travel there just to gaze at the bridges, buildings, and palaces. However, no visit to the city is complete without a night at the world-famous ballet or opera.
7. As the largest city in Brazil, Sao Paulo is a hugely popular destination for tourists from around the world. With sunny beaches, football games, tours of the historic parts of the city, and the yearly Carnival event, it's a place for everyone to check off their bucket list.
8. The largest city in China has long since held the rank of "The Most Prosperous City in the East", and Shanghai's luxurious sights and sounds reinforce just how much wealth flows through this concrete jungle on a daily basis. With a visit to Yuyuan Gardens, Shanghai Museum, and the Jade Buddha Temple, visitors to the city can get an idea of the rich culture of both ancient and modern China.
9. For a high-tech holiday, Tokyo is the place to go. The Shinjuku area is home to some of the most advanced electronics in the world, while those looking to enjoy the beauty of nature must visit during Golden Week (Easter week) when the sakura (cherry blossom) trees are in full bloom.
10. Paris has been a world-class destination for centuries, and it is home to a wealth of European culture and history. Visitors have to stop at the Arc de Triomphe, the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, and the Musee d'Orsay, or stroll through the luxurious shops for which the Capital of Fashion is known.
These are considered to be the most luxurious cities in the world by The Ultimate Travel Company. Anyone planning a luxury holiday should consider visiting at least one of these world-class destinations in 2014.
For further information:
Call the team on: +44 (020) 3627 1887
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Mar. 30, 2017 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,134
After more than five years of DevOps, definitions are evolving, boundaries are expanding, ‘unicorns’ are no longer rare, enterprises are on board, and pundits are moving on. Can we now look at an evolution of DevOps? Should we? Is the foundation of DevOps ‘done’, or is there still too much left to do? What is mature, and what is still missing? What does the next 5 years of DevOps look like? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by DevOps Summit Conference Chair Andi Mann, panelists l...
Mar. 30, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 10,092
Virtualization over the past years has become a key strategy for IT to acquire multi-tenancy, increase utilization, develop elasticity and improve security. And virtual machines (VMs) are quickly becoming a main vehicle for developing and deploying applications. The introduction of containers seems to be bringing another and perhaps overlapped solution for achieving the same above-mentioned benefits. Are a container and a virtual machine fundamentally the same or different? And how? Is one techn...
Mar. 30, 2017 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,334
Most companies are adopting or evaluating container technology - Docker in particular - to speed up application deployment, drive down cost, ease management and make application delivery more flexible overall. As with most new architectures, this dream takes a lot of work to become a reality. Even when you do get your application componentized enough and packaged properly, there are still challenges for DevOps teams to making the shift to continuous delivery and achieving that reduction in cost ...
Mar. 30, 2017 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 437
My team embarked on building a data lake for our sales and marketing data to better understand customer journeys. This required building a hybrid data pipeline to connect our cloud CRM with the new Hadoop Data Lake. One challenge is that IT was not in a position to provide support until we proved value and marketing did not have the experience, so we embarked on the journey ourselves within the product marketing team for our line of business within Progress. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Sum...
Mar. 30, 2017 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,361
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Mar. 30, 2017 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,273
MongoDB Atlas leverages VPC peering for AWS, a service that allows multiple VPC networks to interact. This includes VPCs that belong to other AWS account holders. By performing cross account VPC peering, users ensure networks that host and communicate their data are secure. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Jay Gordon, a Developer Advocate at MongoDB, will explain how to properly architect your VPC using existing AWS tools and then peer with your MongoDB Atlas cluster. He'll discuss the secur...
Mar. 30, 2017 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 990
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service.
Mar. 30, 2017 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,251
Niagara Networks exhibited at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which took place at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, in November 2016. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Mar. 30, 2017 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,486
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Mar. 30, 2017 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,146
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Mar. 30, 2017 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,658
What sort of WebRTC based applications can we expect to see over the next year and beyond? One way to predict development trends is to see what sorts of applications startups are building. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Arin Sime, founder of WebRTC.ventures, will discuss the current and likely future trends in WebRTC application development based on real requests for custom applications from real customers, as well as other public sources of information,
Mar. 30, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,260
DevOps tends to focus on the relationship between Dev and Ops, putting an emphasis on the ops and application infrastructure. But that’s changing with microservices architectures. In her session at DevOps Summit, Lori MacVittie, Evangelist for F5 Networks, will focus on how microservices are changing the underlying architectures needed to scale, secure and deliver applications based on highly distributed (micro) services and why that means an expansion into “the network” for DevOps.
Mar. 30, 2017 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 8,357
In his session at Cloud Expo, Alan Winters, an entertainment executive/TV producer turned serial entrepreneur, will present a success story of an entrepreneur who has both suffered through and benefited from offshore development across multiple businesses: The smart choice, or how to select the right offshore development partner Warning signs, or how to minimize chances of making the wrong choice Collaboration, or how to establish the most effective work processes Budget control, or how to max...
Mar. 30, 2017 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 754
Interoute has announced the integration of its Global Cloud Infrastructure platform with Rancher Labs’ container management platform, Rancher. This approach enables enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation and infrastructure investments. Matthew Finnie, Interoute CTO commented “Enterprises developing and building apps in the cloud and those on a path to Digital Transformation need Digital ICT Infrastructure that allows them to build, test and deploy faster than ever before. The int...
Mar. 30, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,562