|By Marketwired .||
|December 17, 2013 07:01 PM EST||
LONDON, ENGLAND -- (Marketwired) -- 12/17/13 -- With the Christmas and New Year festive season coming up, many people are considering their holiday plans for 2014. December is a great time of year to beat the Winter Blues, and it's also the time of year when some fantastic deals on luxury holidays can be found. There's nothing more relaxing than luxuriating in the comfort of one's own home, but it's also a good time of year to travel and see the amazing sights the world's top destinations have to offer.
The pressure of hectic lifestyles is taking its toll on many Brits. 'Too much work and not enough play' is an apt adage for the way many spend their lives. The Ultimate Travel Company, winners of the much acclaimed travel industry Best for Luxury award in October this year, have compiled a list of The Top 10 Most Luxurious Cities to inspire Brits to reverse the trend and take a well-earned holiday. Any one of the destinations are ideal for a globe-trotting holidaymaker looking for luxury.
The Ultimate Travel Company offers short breaks along with travel to far away places to ease the stresses and strains of everyday living. Any one of them is a great way to re-charge people's batteries and give them the impetus to look forward to 2014 and the challenges it may hold.
According to the Ultimate Travel Company, these are the 10 most luxurious cities in the world:
1. One of the world's largest cities, the beautiful Turkish city of Istanbul is the gateway to a country filled with ancient history and culture. It's home to artefacts dating back thousands of years, churches and cathedrals from the early Christian period, and so much more exotic sights and sounds.
2. The Indian city of Mumbai, once called Bombay, is one of the most exciting places to visit in Asia. It is India's cultural hub, and the Art Deco style homes located on Marine Drive are second only to those found in Miami. The lush greenery of the Mumbai City Zoo alone is worth the visit.
3. Combining the cultures of Italy, Spain, France, and Germany with those of Latin America, the capital of Argentina is the place to be. The food alone is famous around the world, but the city is known as the best place to watch traditional Tango dancers perform their elegant dance.
4. For those looking for a city where anything can be done, Cape Town in South Africa is the ultimate destination. Water sport lovers will be right at home, while wine enthusiasts will love the wine country tours, featuring some of the best vineyards in the world.
5. The Moroccan city of Marrakesh is not only one of the most historical sites in Northern Africa, but also one of the most exotic. Visitors can spend their days getting pampered in a massage parlour or hammam. They can also see The Souks, some of the largest open air markets in the world.
6. St Petersburg is a world-class destination, and a high-end one at that! The breath-taking views of the city (built by Peter the Great) are what attracts most visitors, many of whom travel there just to gaze at the bridges, buildings, and palaces. However, no visit to the city is complete without a night at the world-famous ballet or opera.
7. As the largest city in Brazil, Sao Paulo is a hugely popular destination for tourists from around the world. With sunny beaches, football games, tours of the historic parts of the city, and the yearly Carnival event, it's a place for everyone to check off their bucket list.
8. The largest city in China has long since held the rank of "The Most Prosperous City in the East", and Shanghai's luxurious sights and sounds reinforce just how much wealth flows through this concrete jungle on a daily basis. With a visit to Yuyuan Gardens, Shanghai Museum, and the Jade Buddha Temple, visitors to the city can get an idea of the rich culture of both ancient and modern China.
9. For a high-tech holiday, Tokyo is the place to go. The Shinjuku area is home to some of the most advanced electronics in the world, while those looking to enjoy the beauty of nature must visit during Golden Week (Easter week) when the sakura (cherry blossom) trees are in full bloom.
10. Paris has been a world-class destination for centuries, and it is home to a wealth of European culture and history. Visitors have to stop at the Arc de Triomphe, the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, and the Musee d'Orsay, or stroll through the luxurious shops for which the Capital of Fashion is known.
These are considered to be the most luxurious cities in the world by The Ultimate Travel Company. Anyone planning a luxury holiday should consider visiting at least one of these world-class destinations in 2014.
For further information:
Call the team on: +44 (020) 3627 1887
SYS-CON Events announced today that Avere Systems, a leading provider of enterprise storage for the hybrid cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Avere delivers a more modern architectural approach to storage that doesn’t require the overprovisioning of storage capacity to achieve performance, overspending on expensive storage media for inactive data or the overbuilding of data centers ...
Feb. 10, 2016 08:46 AM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that iDevices®, the preeminent brand in the connected home industry, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. iDevices, the preeminent brand in the connected home industry, has a growing line of HomeKit-enabled products available at the largest retailers worldwide. Through the “Designed with iDevices” co-development program and its custom-built IoT Cloud Infrastruc...
Feb. 10, 2016 08:00 AM EST
Sensors and effectors of IoT are solving problems in new ways, but small businesses have been slow to join the quantified world. They’ll need information from IoT using applications as varied as the businesses themselves. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Meike, Distinguished Engineer, Director of Technology Innovation at Intuit, showed how IoT manufacturers can use open standards, public APIs and custom apps to enable the Quantified Small Business. He used a Raspberry Pi to connect sensors...
Feb. 10, 2016 08:00 AM EST
Eighty percent of a data scientist’s time is spent gathering and cleaning up data, and 80% of all data is unstructured and almost never analyzed. Cognitive computing, in combination with Big Data, is changing the equation by creating data reservoirs and using natural language processing to enable analysis of unstructured data sources. This is impacting every aspect of the analytics profession from how data is mined (and by whom) to how it is delivered. This is not some futuristic vision: it's ha...
Feb. 10, 2016 07:45 AM EST Reads: 432
Silver Spring Networks, Inc. (NYSE: SSNI) extended its Internet of Things technology platform with performance enhancements to Gen5 – its fifth generation critical infrastructure networking platform. Already delivering nearly 23 million devices on five continents as one of the leading networking providers in the market, Silver Spring announced it is doubling the maximum speed of its Gen5 network to up to 2.4 Mbps, increasing computational performance by 10x, supporting simultaneous mesh communic...
Feb. 10, 2016 07:00 AM EST
Advances in technology and ubiquitous connectivity have made the utilization of a dispersed workforce more common. Whether that remote team is located across the street or country, management styles/ approaches will have to be adjusted to accommodate this new dynamic. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., focused on the challenges of managing remote teams, providing real-world examples that demonstrate what works and what do...
Feb. 10, 2016 06:00 AM EST Reads: 280
CIOs and those charged with running IT Operations are challenged to deliver secure, audited, and reliable compute environments for the applications and data for the business. Behind the scenes these tasks are often accomplished by following onerous time-consuming processes and often the management of these environments and processes will be outsourced to multiple IT service providers. In addition, the division of work is often siloed into traditional "towers" that are not well integrated for cro...
Feb. 10, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 478
The principles behind DevOps are not new - for decades people have been automating system administration and decreasing the time to deploy apps and perform other management tasks. However, only recently did we see the tools and the will necessary to share the benefits and power of automation with a wider circle of people. In his session at DevOps Summit, Bernard Sanders, Chief Technology Officer at CloudBolt Software, explored the latest tools including Puppet, Chef, Docker, and CMPs needed to...
Feb. 10, 2016 03:00 AM EST Reads: 308
Let’s face it, embracing new storage technologies, capabilities and upgrading to new hardware often adds complexity and increases costs. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Seth Oxenhorn, Vice President of Business Development & Alliances at FalconStor, will discuss how a truly heterogeneous software-defined storage approach can add value to legacy platforms and heterogeneous environments. The result reduces complexity, significantly lowers cost, and provides IT organizations with improved effi...
Feb. 10, 2016 01:15 AM EST Reads: 234
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, will provide an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profes...
Feb. 10, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 195
Predictive analytics tools monitor, report, and troubleshoot in order to make proactive decisions about the health, performance, and utilization of storage. Most enterprises combine cloud and on-premise storage, resulting in blended environments of physical, virtual, cloud, and other platforms, which justifies more sophisticated storage analytics. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Peter McCallum, Vice President of Datacenter Solutions at FalconStor, will discuss using predictive analytics to ...
Feb. 10, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 387
Father business cycles and digital consumers are forcing enterprises to respond faster to customer needs and competitive demands. Successful integration of DevOps and Agile development will be key for business success in today’s digital economy. In his session at DevOps Summit, Pradeep Prabhu, Co-Founder & CEO of Cloudmunch, covered the critical practices that enterprises should consider to seamlessly integrate Agile and DevOps processes, barriers to implementing this in the enterprise, and pr...
Feb. 10, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 382
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
Feb. 10, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 202
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Feb. 9, 2016 10:15 PM EST Reads: 238
It's easy to assume that your app will run on a fast and reliable network. The reality for your app's users, though, is often a slow, unreliable network with spotty coverage. What happens when the network doesn't work, or when the device is in airplane mode? You get unhappy, frustrated users. An offline-first app is an app that works, without error, when there is no network connection.
Feb. 9, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 198