|By PR Newswire||
|January 3, 2014 09:00 AM EST||
SEATTLE, Jan. 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Redfin (www.redfin.com), the technology-powered real estate brokerage, today released its latest survey of real estate agents. Data was collected from December 12 through December 14, and reflects responses from 468 Redfin real estate agents in 22 major metropolitan markets across the U.S.
Redfin real estate agents:
- Indicate that it is still a good time to sell, but less so: In the fourth quarter, 65% of agents said that now is a good time to sell, compared to 72% in the third quarter and 86% in the second quarter. At the same time, agent perspectives on buying remained steady, with 56% of agents saying it's a good time to buy compared to 55% last quarter.
- Say that buyers are ready to make concessions for the right home: In the fourth quarter, 35% of agents said that buyers are "willing to pay more" to find a home compared to this summer. At the same time, about 30% said buyers were "flexible on features," held "lower expectations" for how far their money will stretch, were "looking to new construction" because of limited inventory, and were "prepared to waive contingencies" to win a bid.
- Say that buyers continue to be frustrated by inventory: In the fourth quarter, agents cited "limited inventory" (87%) as the biggest challenge for buyers. Competition from bidding wars was buyers' second largest concern, but notably this response dropped to 65% from 79% in the third quarter.
- Report that sellers believe their home is worth more than market value: In the fourth quarter, 63% of agents said that sellers have "unrealistic expectations" about the value of their home, nearly flat from the third quarter. At the same time, 31% say that sellers are frustrated with the number of homes available that they would be interested in buying.
- Believe that if mortgage rates top 5.5%, it would significantly limit home sales and price gains: With the expectation of higher mortgage rates in 2014 as the Federal Reserve reduces its stimulus program, 39% of agents believe that rates exceeding 5.5% would harm home sales and price growth. At the same time, one-third of agents surveyed believe that mortgage rates would have to reach 6% to have that effect.
"These days, finding the right home is more difficult than ever," said Redfin Phoenix agent Marcus Fleming. "With such limited home inventory available, buyers who need to move now often have to compromise on upgrades or location to find a home that meets their budget and basic needs."
About the Q4 2013 Redfin Real-Time Agent Sentiment Survey
This survey was taken between December 12 and December 14, 2013. Survey respondents included 468 Redfin agents. Respondents spanned 22 metropolitan markets in the U.S.: Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Orange County, Miami, Long Island, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Portland, Raleigh, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington, D.C.
Redfin (www.redfin.com) is a technology-powered real estate broker that represents people buying and selling homes. Founded and run by technologists, Redfin has a team of experienced, full-service real estate agents who are advocates, not sales-people, earning customer-satisfaction bonuses, not commissions. Redfin.com features all the broker-listed homes for sale, as well as for-sale-by-owner properties that don't pay brokers a commission. Redfin also offers online tools that make the entire process of buying or selling a home easier and more fun. The company serves 22 U.S. markets and has closed more than $13 billion in home sales. In 2012, Redfin was named one of The DIGITAL 100: World's Most Valuable Private Tech Companies by Business Insider.
Fact: storage performance problems have only gotten more complicated, as applications not only have become largely virtualized, but also have moved to cloud-based infrastructures. Storage performance in virtualized environments isn’t just about IOPS anymore. Instead, you need to guarantee performance for individual VMs, helping applications maintain performance as the number of VMs continues to go up in real time. In his session at Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, Product and Marketing at Tintri, wil...
Aug. 25, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 494
Ixia (Nasdaq: XXIA) has announced that NoviFlow Inc.has deployed IxNetwork® to validate the company’s designs and accelerate the delivery of its proven, reliable products. Based in Montréal, NoviFlow Inc. supports network carriers, hyperscale data center operators, and enterprises seeking greater network control and flexibility, network scalability, and the capacity to handle extremely large numbers of flows, while maintaining maximum network performance. To meet these requirements, NoviFlow in...
Aug. 25, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,812
Aug. 25, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 465
Aug. 25, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 572
Aug. 25, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,863
Aug. 25, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 474
Aug. 25, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 549
Aug. 25, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,106
Aug. 25, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 539
Aug. 25, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,709
Aug. 25, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 413
Aug. 25, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,491
Aug. 25, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 515
Aug. 25, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,886
Aug. 25, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,832